Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Thanks for your input, I hear you and appreciate where you come from. I don’t think we’ll ever reach an agreement on this, which is ok by me. But part of our different views may also due to background, region and I’m assuming we’re also on opposite sites of the globe (am not from the US)
One paramedic friend and one ER friend of mine  both said that (over here)the most horrible injuries with kids are traffic-related or, believe it or not, the ‘kids-proof’ garden trampoline (Spinal injuries) or bad falls whether from trees, horses or whatever.

As for amputations with lawn mowers: I totally believe you as mankind is capable of immense stupidities, particularly when ignoring safety instructions, lack of common sense and lack of supervision. Sticking a hand into a running machine for example is a notorious example, yet people-still-do-it….

I have to say, I appreciate the wording of your post.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Check out who Caleb follows on Instagram @brushcaleb. It's eye-opening, and not in a good way. (Forum rules prevent my being more specific.)

Ugh but not a surprise.  The whole family is undoubtedly part of the cult.

• Love 11

My father grew up on a farm with a large family. Everyone worked on the farm, including the children.  There were various risks, but acceptable, due to their survival. That was many years ago.    Dad left farming and had an office job when his kids came along.  But, we were taught no children near lawn mowers!  We were taught to operate a riding mower when we reached age 12 and that was too young, imo.  But putting a small child on a mower….boggles the mind.  I lived in Greenville for several years and get that Pitt County is rural…agriculturally oriented except for the university, medical school, hospital, etc. , but I still think seeing a small child on a lawn mower there turns heads.  It did mine when I saw it happened in my parents neighborhood last year.  I think reporting it is definitely a close judgment call.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Weren't there postings about his cavities a while back?  Maybe letting him suck a pacifier for years on end isn't such a great idea.

Once he outgrew the pacifier they let him eat multiple candy bars while lying on the floor and smearing chocolate on the rug, linoleum & couch. It wouldn't surprise me if they put him to bed with a bottle or sippy cup of juice (pure sugar) to keep him from disturbing them.  I had a 16 yr-old cousin who did this and baby's teeth were rotted to the gumline by the time she was 20 months old.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I haven’t finished my coffee yet, I’m not getting this post.

B17DAEBA-FA95-4E0E-9388-64B1C6D6CAE2.jpeg

She hasn't thought of how yet, but she will somehow connect his early rising as another benefit of Plexus.  The child now has more energy and requires less sleep.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

"Someone said there were 16 triangles in this picture but I only found 12...THEN I had my morning quart of Plexus and WOW!  I suddenly had the energy to find all 16 triangles!  If you feel sleepy and out of sorts, I promise if you join my Plexus downline for the low startup cost of $799.99 (payable in 4 monthly installments for a low fee of $99.99 per month), then you too can have the energy to count triangles and tackle the day ahead!  Message me NOW, this offer won't last long!"

See, Maddie?  Missed opportunity right there.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 22

I found all 16 triangles without a drop of Plexus or coffee - 8 small isosceles triangles, 4 large isosceles triangles, and 4 large right triangles (but I'm a geometry geek). 

I'm also a grammar geek and always cringe when they misuse I/me.  In the Axelbrush sleep-resistant post, take "Caleb and" out of the sentence and tell me if it sounds correct, Maddie. I learned that technique in second grade.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11

Um...?  I don't think she was trying to act grown up, I think she was just listening to her daddy teach her something interesting.

Maddie's captions are strange - it's like she's trying to force her kids into a preconceived role or something.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Um...?  I don't think she was trying to act grown up, I think she was just listening to her daddy teach her something interesting.

Maddie's captions are strange - it's like she's trying to force her kids into a preconceived role or something.

And Maddie's words about her kids always seem to have a bit of an edge to them, usually not 100% loving, if that makes sense.  Almost like she's snarking on her kids.  It's weird.

• Love 22
On 10/6/2021 at 12:42 PM, CouchTater said:

And Maddie's words about her kids always seem to have a bit of an edge to them, usually not 100% loving, if that makes sense.  Almost like she's snarking on her kids.  It's weird.

I don’t think Maddie is a naturally nurturing person. For the record I am not saying she is mistreating or neglecting her kids- I don’t think she is. I do think she loves them and is invested in their well being, but typical “warm and fuzzy” Maddie is not. As her children get older she may find it easier to relate to them, but if they are people that really respond well to “warm and fuzzy” they may have mismatched emotional signals with her for a LONG time. 

Given this I am surprised Maddie had kids as quickly as she did, but maybe Caleb wanted them right away given he’s 12yrs older than Maddie. (He might not have wanted to be a first time parent in his 40s). She likely won’t have any more. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Does she have any idea how many years it takes to be an NP or PA?  Especially when not going to school full time which I assume she is not?

Lofty goals but, like most the Brown Clowns, they talk big but never come through.  If she does, great for her but I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Does she have any idea how many years it takes to be an NP or PA?  Especially when not going to school full time which I assume she is not?

Lofty goals but, like most the Brown Clowns, they talk big but never come through.  If she does, great for her but I'm not holding my breath.

I predict she'll become an NP or PA the same year the Browns start to build on Coyoteh Paaass.

• LOL 20
  • Love 4

Maddie is like Janelle.  She wants kids, but is not the very nurturing type, IMO.

Is Maddie going to expect Ysabel to be her au pair forever?  Janelle seemed to expect everyone else to do her child rearing for her, including Christine and son Logan, so I could see Maddie doing the same thing.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

"we how?"  

Proof your posts, Maddie.  Geez.

Aren't all churches bible-based in some manner?

I’ve heard people call nondenominational churches Bible churches, so maybe she meant nondenominational, but these are the Browns so maybe not.  I always appreciate how it takes a group of us to decipher what the Browns are talking about at any given time.

• Love 11