Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

I love it when we have an accidental crossover.

Mark may have wanted to do this show to boost his business. But I think it's going to have the opposite effect.

I had no idea that piano rental was such a big deal.  My parents have a piano that no one uses, maybe I get a van and start renting it out....  He may have done it to boost business, because I think he lacks the self-awareness to realize that he comes off like a weirdo.

Mark is not interested in having a relationship with anyone.   He only wants to re-enact his past.   I have no doubt that there are 19 years old women out there who do not want children but Nikki is not one of them.  She's a young woman who thinks her love will change Mark. I hope she goes home.  Or it would serve Mark right if shortly after getting her citizenship she dumps him for another man who will give her the family she wants.  How long after marrying does a spouse become a citizen?

Someone should tell Melanie there is 0% chance that Devar's relatives will not need money.  How long is Alexei going to tolerate Loren?  He looks miserable.  

Its like he wants to recreate his past...but go back and make everything absolutely perfect.  He wants a 19 year old child bride, but he doesn't want her to ever want to have children.  He wants a 19 year old, but he never wants her to have mood swings or to argue.  And he can always hold the threat of sending her back to poverty over her head.

I truly hope she gets on BC, gets her green card and finds someone else.  Unless her goal is to get pregnant so that she can get money from him and can't be sent home when she makes the mistake of touching windows, rearranging books, or just having a bad day and starting a fight.

• Love 3

Chickabiddy, you come on over here and sit next to me. I cosign every single word of your post. I cannot get over how selfish and unfeeling the "host" fiances are. Kyle and Josh are marginally less awful, but still so tone deaf and clueless. What does poor little Aleksandra do all day, stuck at Grandma's house? Does Noon only do housework? I would be a lot more interested in seeing their real struggles, not this producer driven dreck. But, like you, I am in for the long haul. 

• Love 4

I fear if she got pregnant, the outcome might wind up on Dateline.

I actually worry about this happening anyway. It's pathological how he wants to recreate his past and turn Nikki into his ex-wife without her "defects". I worry about what happens when he realizes it just can't happen. 

• Love 6

In defense of Mark... he DID tell Nikki right away that he doesn't want kids. 

Now was it stupid of him to actually believe a 16-18 year old would never want kids?  Most likely.

He told her he didn't want kids. Then he told her "there's about a 2% chance I'll change my mind." Then he said, "if you say you want kids, I'll tell you it was nice knowing you." That's a bit of a mixed message. At any rate, if he hasn't had a vasectomy, she'll find a way to get pregnant if she wants to. The whole situation is sad and cruel. We don't see him introducing her in social settings, and she only gets to interact with his family when he's nearby. He is controlling her already and she's going to end up isolated when the cameras are off. The comment about not wanting his songbird to stop singing was so awkward. You thought you could bring this poor girl over from the Philippines and she'd be kissing your feet 24/7?

Do we know what exactly Josh does, apart from hang out at home? He doesn't appear to have a job or to be attending school.

I was surprised they left so little of Alexei to the imagination. A real "treat" for the high-def viewers.

• Love 9

I actually worry about this happening anyway. It's pathological how he wants to recreate his past and turn Nikki into his ex-wife without her "defects". I worry about what happens when he realizes it just can't happen. 

I think he realizes it's over already.  He keeps "hinting" that she should go back home.  She already said she wouldn't go since she was already there and went up to her bed to cry. 

I can't blame him for the birth control suggestion.  He (or she) said she was in bed for seven days and was moody the whole time.  If she has PMDD and not PMS, she should get some help, both for herself and the person who has to live with her.  Who would want to live with someone who's a checked-out bitch for one out of every four weeks?  However, she did kind of admit (with a sneaky smirk) that maybe she was just being "bad" and it wasn't her period causing her to act like that. 

Accckkkk!  They are both so awful.  What a tortured life they would live.  Why do I care so much?

• Love 4

When I said a few weeks ago that Loren was pitching for a Jewish Karsdahsian daughter spin off I was way wrong, she wants to be the Kardahsian stage MOM! What a tool.

Is it bad that I am rooting for Nikki to marry Mark then vanish once she gets her green card, she is earning it every step of the way and the just desserts of Mark home alone re reading his divorce books would be awesome.

Melanie's lisp and vocal fry are insufferably difficult to listen to.

Kyle and Noon will not get any academy awards anytime soon. That was action cut scene. Staged for dramz.

The Mormons scare me. I hope the infantile Mormons have a happy marriage and become hip liberal Mormons.

Make party? MAKE PARTY. wtf Mark.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 4

I would bet anything that Mark has, in his particle board kitchen cabinets, a spot for butterscotch candies and those orange circus peanuts. I appreciate being frugal, but everything he owns(besides cars) looks very old, except his fiance!

Noon doesn't need to worry. Kyle's forced game was far from landing him any non-produced action.

Melanie seems less attractive each episode, but since they showed her sisters in the recap of the previous episode, she wasn't the least handsome person in the show tonight.

First episode Loren didn't cry. I wish she would have though. Because Alexie told her he hated her. And is leaving her. I have yet to see a likable quality of hers yet.

Not sure if it's just me, but I can not wait to see fatboy's mom with Carolina. She seemed that nobody was going to be good enough for her baby in just the little we saw of her.

• Love 5

Make party? MAKE PARTY. wtf Mark.

LOL, it should have been the title of the episode.

Kinda sounds like what you say to a two-year-old you're trying to toilet train.

Mark needs a real doll.

Nikki lays around almost as much.

• Love 5

lol.. mostly true but they make them with natural looking padding and combined push up to lend the appearance of some cleavage.  My good friend is completely flat chested but she's got a good bikini top that flatters and gives her the appearance of a little something.  

I totally agree, tiny boobs are sexy! But seriously tho, if I was Alexei, I would start eyeballing and chatting it up with some of those other South Florida hotties. Loren is way too spoiled and too demanding of him. I can see him going through 2 packs of smokes a day pretty soon.

• Love 5

Do all Mormons wake up before dawn and read Scriptures?   Or is it just a way for Josh's father to exert control over his family?

Definitely not. One of my husband's closest friends is Mormon (and a school teacher), let me tell you, if she can sleep in she will. No 6am scriptures for her!

I know that I am getting old, and I know that my eyesight is getting bad, but is that a black plastic ziptie on Nikki's wedding ring finger? I've noticed it on the last two episodes. Maybe it was discussed on the show already? Anyone else noctice?

Yes, Mark mentioned that was hWashoe he proposed to her. What's his name who clearly isn't as well off financially managed to buy Noon a better ring.

Dudes who look like Alexie can model but the print cameras dont like his face.

• Love 1

I am curious as to Loren and Alexei's living arrangements after marriage. So did they move to Florida permanently or just temp? Cost of living is definitely cheaper down there compared NYC. 

They haven't gotten married yet and nobody really knows WHY Loren wanted it this way, not even her parents. She said she couldn't afford the lifestyle in NY for two people and Alexei can't work until he gets his work permit, after getting married.

How much you want to bet that she moved to NYC with the intention of getting into acting/modelling and when that didn't work out she had to settle on becoming an assistant?

This I have to disagree with. Going by her dad's accent I would bet she was raised in the NYC/Jersey area.

Edited by KarmaG
  • Love 1

This I have to disagree with. Going by her dad's accent I would bet she was raised in the NYC/Jersey area.

I would agree with you on the Jersey thing......I remember watching Mob Wives, and one of the women from Jersey referred to a guy as being "delicious" and I truly had never heard that anywhere else.  However, she could have moved from NJ to the big NYC in order to make her way as a model/actress....because she is such a special snowflake.

It's just you. I was waiting for her nips to pop out of the top, especially when she was stretching her body so much.

I think she has a nice body but that top was awful on her.  It was like it bisected her tiny boobs....awful.  I actually can't imagine a woman who looks good in a top like that.  I don't even think its a matter of having bought something cheap, because Target has better looking bikini tops.

On another note, she had better marry Alexi, or someone quick, because once she loses that body she is going to have to rely on personality....and thats gonna be a hard sell.

• Love 9

Yes, Mark mentioned that was hWashoe he proposed to her. What's his name who clearly isn't as well off financially managed to buy Noon a better ring.

Dudes who look like Alexie can model but the print cameras dont like his face.

Well Mark wants to have something else to hold over Nikki's head so she will behave the way he wants her to.  Right now, the minute she acts in a way he doesn't like he starts talking about "sending her back" like she is a blender to return to Sears.  A ring might show some real intention on his part and might make her feel comfortable....he doesn't want any part of that.  Its better for his power position if she is always concerned about him losing interest and sending her back.  I trust that even if they do marry, it will be a constant threat until she gets her green card.

Maybe Alexi can just do those underwear ads where they shoot him from the neck down.  I don't know how that will work for Loren's ego, but if she really is just concerned with money that shouldn't bother her at all....

• Love 1

Mark was really scary when he was talking about not giving up decades of his life in order to make someone else's dream come true. Isn't that what love is about? Not necessarily giving up all your hopes and dreams, but making sacrifices in order to make someone else happy. Again, Mark proves again that Nikki is nothing but an accessory. God help her if she gets pregnant by accident. She will be high and dry because there's no way that Mr. Jetski will help her raise a child. Did he really just tell the world that she was on her period? That singing songbird shit was creepy as fuck.

Alex needs to fucking run. That family is about as warm as an iceberg lettuce salad dressed with tears. 6 o'clock in the morning for a scripture reading? Get the fuck out of here. Jesus himself would tell them to sleep in.

Loren proves again that she's just a giant asshole. This guy wants to do something meaningful with his life and all she can talk about is how sexy he'd look on the calendar or his abs. She is dying to show people a picture of him on a magazine and brag about that being her man. I would love to think that he would go home and get back to his family in Israel, but that is highly unlikely. He is destined for a life of misery with that little douche bag.

• Love 17

I would agree with you on the Jersey thing......I remember watching Mob Wives, and one of the women from Jersey referred to a guy as being "delicious" and I truly had never heard that anywhere else.  However, she could have moved from NJ to the big NYC in order to make her way as a model/actress....because she is such a special snowflake.

I think she has a nice body but that top was awful on her.  It was like it bisected her tiny boobs....awful.  I actually can't imagine a woman who looks good in a top like that.  I don't even think its a matter of having bought something cheap, because Target has better looking bikini tops.

On another note, she had better marry Alexi, or someone quick, because once she loses that body she is going to have to rely on personality....and thats gonna be a hard sell.

I am from New York and I would say they are from Long Island.

• Love 4

"I would bet anything that Mark has, in his particle board kitchen cabinets, a spot for butterscotch candies and those orange circus peanuts"

LOL

And General Foods International Coffee.

Seriously, his house depresses the shit out of me. So dark and cheerless. And you know that wall to wall carpet reeks.

• Love 8

Loren is horrible. Selfish, self-centered, totally oblivious to the needs and wants of others. Alexei really is her souvenir from Israel. I wonder what will happen when he's not making enough money as a police officer. She must be really good in bed, because she's completely annoying and unattractive in daily life.

I'm going to take a drink every time Mark brings up his ex-wife. Although I don't feel bad for Nikki, because he made clear from the start that he doesn't want any more kids. He's grandfather age as it is.

Show me where in the Bible it says I have to read scripture at 6 freakin' in the AM, and I will show up. Poor Alexandra is a little too desperate for their acceptance. I hope she doesn't give up too much of herself trying to make everyone else happy. It really doesn't sound like she was such a "bad girl" in Prague.

• Love 5

I have issues with Mark, Melanie and Loren.  I sense that these three wanted a "spouse" without having to actually marry a real person with agency.  All three of them want a "hot" spouse, probably to show off to their friends and family, "Look who I married.  Look how hot they are!"  I don't get that vibe from Kyle or Josh.  I think both Kyle and Josh genuinely care about their fiancees, realize they are real people and don't see them as possessions or status symbols.  

• Love 14

I'm going to take a drink every time Mark brings up his ex-wife

You better be drinking water or you'll be snockered and miss half the show! :)

I seriously think the 6 am scripture reading was scripted/fake. "Hey, let's say it's 6 am and we'll show Aleksandra sleeping in and dragging her ass in late, much to everyone's disdain. It'll be gold!"

• Love 6

I seriously think the 6 am scripture reading was scripted/fake. "Hey, let's say it's 6 am and we'll show Aleksandra sleeping in and dragging her ass in late, much to everyone's disdain. It'll be gold!"

I'm watching now and have to agree. Not sure if anyone noticed but Josh's mom smiled, chuckled even, when saying good morning to Aleksandra. This family isn't what has been portrayed. But that really shouldn't come as a surprise.

ETA: Josh's dad was really trying to be reassuring when he told her that it was fine, it's ok in reply to her saying nobody would understand her reading.

Edited by KarmaG
  • Love 8

I am thinking it was just that family's thing given working schedules it was the time available for their quiet time where others might do it with the evening meal and TLC just lucked out. Sort of like high end juvenile athletes get up early to hit the pool or gym and then start the normal work/school day.

• Love 1

And General Foods International Coffee.

Seriously, his house depresses the shit out of me. So dark and cheerless. And you know that wall to wall carpet reeks.

I feel like Mark is more of a Taster's Choice sophisticated type of man

Seriously though, I don't even understand Marks house.  There is some room with a fireplace like a living room, but he has a table and folding chairs in there? and it backs right up to the kitchen....there isn't even a breakfast nook or anything.  Its just a confusing house to me.  Maybe because he has random music stuff in almost every room.  And I know that there is some problem with that carpeting.  Mark seems like a very tidy sort of guy, so how in the world did the carpet get so dirty that the bottom of his feet looked dragged in coal?

I'm watching now and have to agree. Not sure if anyone noticed but Josh's mom smiled, chuckled even, when saying good morning to Aleksandra. This family isn't what has been portrayed. But that really shouldn't come as a surprise.

ETA: Josh's dad was really trying to be reassuring when he told her that it was fine, it's ok in reply to her saying nobody would understand her reading.

Josh's mother is giving me some Jeanne Tripllehorn in Big Love realness.  I thought it was sweet that she seemed like she was almost going to cry when Alexesandra said something about how she just wanted to make Josh happy or something along those lines.  I get the impression that Mom is a demure, sweet Mormon wife who just wants the best for her son.  Dad still seems judgy to me.

• Love 6

Oh and another way to tell the 6am scriptures was a staged event was there was a camera person in Aleks' bedroom. The cameras weren't steady, that's how you know it isn't just a wall mounted one filming. 

• Love 3

I saw her smile. Also agree with your viw on this.

I think that Mark has that baby grand in what would normally be his living room, maybe? I'm going to start paying more attention because from the outside, the house looks big. Maybe he's a hoarder and there are rooms filled to the brim. Nah... TLC would be all over that, wanting to show it.

• Love 1

You better be drinking water or you'll be snockered and miss half the show! :)

exactly....because why else would there be a cameraman in her room at that hour?  (ooops...KarmaG beat me to it).

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 1