Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

Six new couples are introduced in the third-season premiere as the American folks get more acquainted with their overseas sweethearts and continue their courtships that may—or may not—end in marriage, but the adventure is delayed for some of these lovebirds as they wait for visa approval.
  • Love 1

Oh God... Mark is this season's Danielle....

His daughter wants to know why he didn't tell his kids about her ... "But I put it on Facebook!"

And he said he's fine with just happiness. OK, so holding hands and kissing is OK... ACK!!!!! And he got his first wife from the same hometown??? He's trying to recreate his first marriage as a do-over.

I shall call him Dani-Mark!

• Love 14

Oh!! Where to start in this clusterfrack?
Mark. The backhair. Raaaarrrrh!  So sexy.  That this is his second time at this K1 visa business and his first wife left him because she wanted her independence. What does he think is going to happen this time around and with a younger woman?  The man is living in la la land. He really needed to find a nice American lady in his area around his age to be with. I don’t think he could find one to be honest.  I like the fact that the sister of his is telling him the honest hard truth. Sad fact that Mark isn’t listening. Oh and he deserves it. Just saw the commercial for next week. The don’t touch the windows in the car comment. What an ass.

Loren and Alexi. I see too much of Yamir and Cheslea in this couple. What Loren wants, Loren gets.  Though it was nice for me to see some familiar places in Toronto.
Melanie and Devar.  No comment. Not even going to bother.

Josh and Alexandra: Too young. Too religious.

• Love 6

Loren seems pretty annoying. I like Alexei more than her. And at least those those two seem like two people who might actually be together in no-green-card-needed land... Same with the two boring Mormons. The stuff about her going to clubs in Russia or whatever...don't care.

The train wrecks! That's what I'm here for!! That lady is nuts for thinking Devar is into her. And Mark is such a mess I'm not even going to bother typing about it right now!!!!

• Love 6

Just based on tonight's episode & previews (i.e., Mark telling her she is not to touch the car window -- although, of course, that may have been shown out of context -- I have a differing opinion of this guy. I think he is going to end up being a super control freak who has chosen this "baby" (she is just a baby to me, at 19) to control, etc. I can just see the rules he's going to have for her as far as what her duties etc. I would hazard a guess that this is what happened with his first marriage. He said she wanted her independence -- I bet she just wanted her freedom.

• Love 7

I agree with all of your assessments of this group thus far.  Mark seems to be a serious control freak.  I hope he was kidding when he told her that she can't touch the glass (in the car) and then she immediately holds up her hand as if she's going to touch it again!  I have a feeling she's not going to be as demure as he'd like her to be. 

The Mormons we've kind of seen before, so unless something out of the ordinary comes up with them, there won't be much to snark on (which actually would be a good thing because as much as I can't look away from a good train wreck, I hate to think of real people being in bad situations).

The New York City girl (sorry, not remembering names yet) has her parents looking out for her, but that's only going to go so far because like someone else said, she's spoiled and used to getting her way.

The PA lady and the Jamaican guy..... yikes....   I have a feeling that this has the potential to be really bad.  Maybe I feel this way because of her young son being stuck in the situation.  Even though the woman is a professional (nurse) and is attractive and has friends, I keep getting Dani-Mo vibes a little.   And why does she have to go to Jamaica to "get him"?   Unless she just wanted another Jamaican vacation, which I wouldn't blame her for.

Edited by ShowsILoveToHate
  • Love 5

Mark's daughter seems to have a pretty level head on her... hoping she'll be able to act as a good sounding board for her father - but I somehow doubt he'll listen to her very much.

Edited by locomoco
  • Love 4

To use Dr Phil-speak, Nikki is not even a fully formed adult yet. If she were 29, she wold have more life experience to decide whether or not she wants to be part of Mark's creepy 1st wife redo, but she's not. I feel like Mark is completely robbing this child of her future, growth, etc. I think it's bordering on abuse...For this story and the story of these kids who are waaay too young, I almost want to see an enforced age limit of like 25, but I feel that way about most marriages.

Josh with his milk-toast voice, yawn. The family seems nice, but I feel like it's Danny and his wife all over again. She has to be "fixed" to fit with his family's agenda, and even though she did convert, there's always going to be her past, which seems pretty tame, but will always be held against her.

Loren and her Kardashian voice is going to get old fast. I see fast-forwarding her segments in the future.

Mel and Dervan, meh. They are both adults. If it doesn't work, no harm, no foul.

• Love 3

Whole lotta red flags with mark wanting his baby-fiancé to wear his daughter's clothes. He especially focused on that sheer black dress. What a perv. Gross.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but just reading all of the comments on the board makes me think of the case of Indle King....and that scares me so much for her.

• Love 1

I thought Alexi was hot...and Loren is very pretty...IMHO they seem more like a real - attraction couple, like Chelsea and Yamir...(and Evelin and Justin)

I can see that Loren may be spoiled so that might be a problem

Kyle and Noon also seem to have met in a more realistic way and have more going on for them, but they seem to act as if the 90 days is a way to date, not so serious about marriage?

Fernando and Carolina? Ummm...what assimilation problem is there....hey I live in South Florida and she will feel right at home LOL

Plenty of clubs, music, food...all Latin nationalities, Columbia is well represented...she can watch Telenovelas on tv, read Spanish mags and newspapers,.get her hair done at a ColumIbian shop

also dont find their age difference a big deal....so unless there is a whole lot of jealousy goin on they seem a pretty good match (and yes, her English is better than many people who live and work in Miami)

Josh and Alexsandra? I think they are cute and religious and probably the producers need to drum up some conflict otherwise snooze 

but....the drama is coming with Mark and his 19 year old "baby">> ewww......and I don't think everyting will be Irie with Melanie and Dewar !

Mel and Dervan, meh. They are both adults. If it doesn't work, no harm, no foul.

Except she's got a kid involved.

She's the definition of a butterface.

Loren is annoying me already. And that mole beneath her eye is distracting. The voice, the bubbliness, the dramatics. I can't.

I will say Mark wasn't what I expected. Based on the previews, I expected more of a hot-shot businessman 'tude from him. But it was more nerd. What the hell is up with him waking up and telling himself he's a specimen? I was just as confused as to why his sister wore shredded spandex in a turquoise hue on national television.  Was also surprised that his ex-wife was Filipina as I had been seeing his daughter in the previews and she doesn't look half Filipina to me. I keep thinking since he was the only one raising his kids and he still has a good relationship with his kids, maybe he isn't so controlling? I don't know, it could be different with a spouse.

The young Mormon couple seem sweet. I don't have any judgements on them. Yet.

This is the only thing I hate about 6 couples is you only get 4 a show. I remember last season it wasn't until the 3rd or 4th show until Jason & Cassia was shown. So I hope we don't have to wait as long to see the final couple as it looks like the 5th is shown next week.

Kyle and Noon also seem to have met in a more realistic way and have more going on for them, but they seem to act as if the 90 days is a way to date, not so serious about marriage?

Fernando and Carolina? Ummm...what assimilation problem is there....hey I live in South Florida and she will feel right at home LOL

Plenty of clubs, music, food...all Latin nationalities, Columbia is well represented...she can watch Telenovelas on tv, read Spanish mags and newspapers,.get her hair done at a ColumIbian shop

also dont find their age difference a big deal....so unless there is a whole lot of jealousy goin on they seem a pretty good match (and yes, her English is better than many people who live and work in Miami)

Where did you see Fernando and Carolina and Kyle and Noon?

• Love 3

Was anyone else waiting for the "formerly fat" pictures of Mel? I kept waiting for her "I had gastric bypass" or "I lost a lot of weight and got a hot man" story arc. I don't know why I get that vibe, I was just expecting it.

And Daddy-Mark sure has the language down pat, but his actions betray his "I go with the flow" words. Troubled times a'coming there.

• Love 2

So happy the train wreck is back! I've been a long time lurker, but I promised myself I'd actually join in the snark this year.

Melanie and Devar - What was with Melanie making a big deal about Devar being a father figure to her son? If I'm not mistaken, she said she only has her son on weekends. Presumably he lives with his actual father the other five days a week and has no need for a father figure, esp. not some random that his mom met on the beach in Jamaica. Maybe more about that will be revealed in future episodes, but it didn't seem like an absent father situation like Dani and her girlses.

Loren and Alexei - The situation about moving in with her parents in Florida because Alexei can't work seemed contrived. Sure, New York is an expensive place to live, but from the looks of her apartment and her expensive shopping habit it seems like she makes decent enough money as an Executive Assistant that the two of them could scrape by for 90 days - especially if she cuts back the spending a bit. Seems like a waste to throw away a job and an apartment just for 3 months.

• Love 11

Mark just wants a servant. I noticed that the guys who get a woman from the Phillipines always say that they take marriage more seriously over there . I think it's just that the men think they can have better control over them and make them do all the housework.

Edited by Suzy123
  • Love 6

I felt kinda bad for mark that apparently his ex wife just up and left him and the kids?? Do we know if that's true? They made it seem like their mom just left them and never looked back. 

He said he wasn't looking for someone that young and he seemed to be very aware of how young it was... but it makes me wonder WHO made the first contact, him or her?  If it was her then I have some serious doubts......

The mormon couple... ugh.... after watching the musical the book of mormon i can never look at these people the same. I'm sure using "Can I teach you about God?" doesn't work super often as a pick-up line.

• Love 2

What the hell is up with him waking up and telling himself he's a specimen?

When Mark said that I said to my screen: Buddy, I couldn't agree with you more. Sometimes I wonder, do these type men every listen to themselves speak? Do they realize how illogical they sound? By 'these type men' I mean the types that believe that all American women are too independent, emasculating, argumentative, feminist or whatever the hell they believe but all women from Country X believe in partnership, traditional gender roles, more feminine, let a man be a man, submissive, etc. I mean Mark is sitting there spouting all this shit about stereotypes yet his first K1 wife left his ass high and dry with 4 kids to raise on his own. He is stating that she changed over time and wanted to become independent. Well, what do you think will happen  with a 19 year old you met and proposed to after knowing for 2 whole damn days?!? Maybe it isn't about race, culture or citizenship but about getting to know someone before you get married, compatibility, or maybe it is just you?

I do wonder if Mark's 1st wife totally abandoned her kids or whether she was involved in their lives in any way. He made it sound like she disappeared like a thief in the night one day. I noticed that the faces of his other 3 kids were blurred in photos so it seems that the only one wlling to be involved in this mess of a show is the daughter.

As for his 19 year old fiancee, you might have to braid some back hair and do some unspeakable things to get it but:

m7co6s.jpg

However don't be fooled. You will be earning every dime!! 

I will pay Mark one compliment: At least he was making sure that his fiancee was coming home to a spotless, clean home. Old boy was wiping down the cabinets!! THE CABINETS!! Her room was pristine and clean.  How many times have we seen fiancees come to their new home to face a sink full of dirty ass dishes, dirty laundry, filthy house, bed unmade, clothes all over. So I will give him that, although that is probably part of his controlling personality. 

I just want to breath a sigh of relief that Loren and Chelsea weren't featured on the same season. That amount of vocal fry would be just criminal and too damn much for me. Loren's NYC pad was super cute and really well decorated. Count me in as also thinking that the move to Florida is only for show purposes. They just need close family and friends to voice 'concern' and mild disapproval. Alexei is cute and so is Loren. However, Loren is not only spoiled she is also strikes me as quite needy too. If she says I love you and he doesn't say it back, she gets all pouty and says 'you don't love?' Good luck with that son! I am not really very familiar with Israeli accents so I was wondering if Alexei was Israeli by birth or immigrated there. His accent sounded Russian Eastern European to me. 

Mel and Dev - Oy! I'm gonna wait an episode or 2 to even touch this one. 

The Mormon couple - she seems sweet enough. He is too damn sweet and young. I can practically smell the similac on this breath. Even though he has been out i the world on this mission he seems so sheltered and again ... young! 

• Love 14

Does Mark have money? He has a business of renting and delivering pianos for events. That could be a money maker, but I don't know. I'm asking because I'm trying to understand why he's such a catch. The hairy back isn't doing it for me. 

The young Mormon man looks like he's wearing pink lip gloss. I remember Brett (of Brett and Daya) sporting the same look. 

• Love 3

Mark is  a fool.  Sure age is nothing but a number but I think the man is insane, doing the same thing again and expecting a different result.  

I don't think the Mormon man is as innocent as he seems.

Someone needs to tell TLC that if they want to put this show on at 10pm EST, it should be either online or on demand.  Not everybody can stay up that late, assholes.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

Does Mark have money? He has a business of renting and delivering pianos for events. That could be a money maker, but I don't know. I'm asking because I'm trying to understand why he's such a catch. The hairy back isn't doing it for me. 

Can't speak for anyone else on this board but for me personally he is definitely not a catch but this maybe just a matter of relativity. For many foreign brides young like NIkki or not so young, coming into a situation where the man you are set to marry can actually support you in a nice lifestyle, in a nice home and you don't have to work is a big come up that many are looking for so in many ways I guess he can be a catch to some. 

Thinking of all the other people that have been featured he seems to be the most financially sound. Emphasis on seems to be because of course I am not his accountant and don't know his bank account like that. He appears to own his own business. Appears to own his own home (which although nice and large did appear to need some updates), which is on the water, which usually comes at an added premium. Mark's daughter did actually say that Nikki would not have to work and that she was coming into a good situation and was lucky. So I am going to work under the assumption that he is comfortably well off and his income can support his bride. 

• Love 2

I wonder if Mark was married to an American/Caucasian woman first and had kids by her (daughter in previews?)

then re-married the Filipina who left him?

I thought the premiere was a bit boring.....if you go to the site you can see all the couples - which is where I saw the Miami couple 

things might be more interesting when we see how they all get along - 

I wonder if Mark was married to an American/Caucasian woman first and had kids by her (daughter in previews?)

It didn't sound like it from his narrative. In any case Filipinos have a wide range of types from Malaysian to Chinese, to groups that can pass for African American to ethnic European even before mixing in an European type parent. With mama also pixelated out I wouldn't be surprised if someone may have asked questions about her parentage.

No, he married a lady from the Philippines and had all four children with her, he stated during the program. I'm not sure why he would re-marry a woman who left him....???

• Love 2

The news season is here and it looks like a trainwreck, just as I had hoped! Where to begin:

Mark - Oh, my he and his sister are fashion disasters, aren't they? And the shot of his back hair was no bueno. While the house was clean, it was totally stuck in the 80s. I mean, I give the guy props for raising 4 kids on his own, so he may not have the means to remodel, but then don't be flying all over the world courting 19 year olds. This is such a case of a guy wanting to create a wife who won't leave him. Loved that he made up the bedroom but then insisted she would want to stay with him in his. I am now taking bets on whether she runs into the second bedroom and immediately unpacks. Mark wanting his fiance to wear his daughter's clothes was beyond creepy. 

Loren and Alexi - OK, I don't get it. So you have a good job in NYC, so you are going to quit and move to Florida with your fiance in your parent's condo. That makes no sense. She said that when he comes, she won't be able to keep that lifestyle. What? I know he will have to eat and shower, but he won't make her rent go up, so what's the deal? Was she planning on quitting her job to spend 24/7 with him, so the only way she can do that is in Florida? No quicker way to kill the romance than to move in with mom and dad with your boyfriend in tow. And clearly her parents have means. Why not take the money you just spent on plane tickets and hotels in Canada and give it Loren to help with expenses. She also annoyed me with her obsession about his hotness. I can already see that's gonna get old fast with him. 

Mormon kid  is Danny 2.0. 

Mel and Devan - WTF is up with that? Yes by all means go hook up on vacation with the cute lifeguard, then say bye. Don't bring him the fuck home with you! And why did Mel have to go pick him up? Is he not able to fly alone? That relationship has got fail written all over it. 

ETA: Apparently some of the participants in this show do not understand what a K1 visa is about. A K! is not meant to be a mechanism to bring your online bf or gf over so you can date and see how it goes. It was meant for people in committed relationships who are sure they are going to marry and need their SO to be in proximity for that to happen. At least 2 of the couples made a reference to getting the K1 and seeing if it "works out". Argh!

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 1

I would like to know what the 19 yr. old's FATHER has to say about her going to America to marry a 58 yr. old.  I can't imagine many fathers would be cool with that.

I'm wondering about the one who is marrying the Jamaican.  I raised an eyebrow when she said she had custody of her son only on weekends, then she's off picking up dudes on the beach . . .

It should be a good season!

• Love 4

I'm wondering if the reason she is going to bring Dev back is because she's afraid he won't get on the plane? That maybe he's been in this spot before and turned tail and ran at the last minute.

I'm hoping Loren is doing the move-in-with-parents thing just for the show, that she'll get a leave of absence from her job and keep her apt. Because otherwise, she's going to be sorely disappointed when he doesn't dig being with her 24/7, mom and dad hovering with disapproval, etc.

I wonder about the woman marrying the Jamaican.  Why marry him?  Just go to Jamaica when you want to get your groove on!

Loren and Alexi - OK, I don't get it. So you have a good job in NYC, so you are going to quit and move to Florida with your fiance in your parent's condo. That makes no sense. She said that when he comes, she won't be able to keep that lifestyle. What? I know he will have to eat and shower, but he won't make her rent go up, so what's the deal? Was she planning on quitting her job to spend 24/7 with him, so the only way she can do that is in Florida? No quicker way to kill the romance than to move in with mom and dad with your boyfriend in tow. And clearly her parents have means. Why not take the money you just spent on plane tickets and hotels in Canada and give it Loren to help with expenses. She also annoyed me with her obsession about his hotness. I can already see that's gonna get old fast with him.

Was she quitting her job or taking a leave?.   I know NYC is expensive, food is expensive but it's not as if she'll be supporting him forever, at least I hope not.  I didn't get why she couldn't live with him in NYC.

I would like to know what the 19 yr. old's FATHER has to say about her going to America to marry a 58 yr. old.  I can't imagine many fathers would be cool with that.

I work with a guy who brought a wife over from the Phillipines and he said that things are really bad in terms of getting ahead, so many parents would be thrilled for their child to have the "opportunity" to come to the US, despite the age difference. But many Americans don't realize that part of the plan is bringing the family over eventually, either permanently or for for extended visits. My coworker said his in-laws have been visiting them for at least 3-6 months year for the last 30 years. 

• Love 1

Loren- I'm sure her parents were helping her with her expenses. No way she could afford an apt. on her own on an administrative assistants salary in NYC. She would at least have to have a roommate as most young people in the city do. Regardless of that, though, I agree it would not make one bit of difference if her boyfriend moved in with her in NY. Same rent, utilities, etc...

I have asked this before and still don't understand... are all of these people coming over here broke? Didn't any of them have jobs? So nobody comes over here with any of their own money saved up especially knowing they won't be able to work here for a while ? I just don't get it. 

• Love 2

I work with a guy who brought a wife over from the Phillipines and he said that things are really bad in terms of getting ahead, so many parents would be thrilled for their child to have the "opportunity" to come to the US, despite the age difference. But many Americans don't realize that part of the plan is bringing the family over eventually, either permanently or for for extended visits. My coworker said his in-laws have been visiting them for at least 3-6 months year for the last 30 years. 

Eek! I would rip my hair out, grab my cat, and go live in a cardboard box if Mr. Wovenloaf's family "visited" for 6 months...and I actually like most of them. That seems so expensive - if they think marrying their daughter means volunteering to host the whole family for months at a time, I'm sure they expect him to buy all the dang groceries! Oh well, if it works for them, more power to them.

As for Alexei and Loren though - I could not believe she expected him to go meet her parents right after his 13 hour flight. At first I was hoping she was just joking....but she was serious I guess. He is going to get so tired of her so fast. I think he sure is fine though (can she come up with some other things she likes about him though, yeesh) so he shouldn't have too hard a time finding someone who doesn't expect him to live with her parents, ha! 

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 3

I'm so happy this train wreck of a show is back!

Mark wants a servant and he's lonely since his kids are all grown. The 19 year old must be desperate for a green card to think she wants to be with a 58 year old guy.

Did Mel say she has custody of her 'on the weekends'? She kept stressing she wants Del to be a father figure for her son. She seems more physically attracted to him than emotionally.

Loren seems spoiled and needy. I didn't understand why Alexei couldn't come to the USA . Why meet in Canada?

The Mormon couple seem young and sweet. They remind me of Danny and Amy from last season.

Eek! I would rip my hair out, grab my cat, and go live in a cardboard box if Mr. Wovenloaf's family "visited" for 6 months...and I actually like most of them. 

3-6 hours is more than I can take honestly....

This season is going to be a hilarious train wreck. I am ready to watch!

• Love 3

Loren seems spoiled and needy. I didn't understand why Alexei couldn't come to the USA . Why meet in Canada?

He doesn't have permission yet to come to the U.S. He's from Israel. Think about it... and our country's relations with countries in the Middle East.

• Love 1

Didn't watch the show, just read the recap.So the picture in the header, of the child and mother - I'm guessing the word at the end of the rhyme, blocked out by the woman's head, is "schtup"?

"Wine me up, watch me go"

Like a watch, get it?

I felt kinda bad for mark that apparently his ex wife just up and left him and the kids?? Do we know if that's true? They made it seem like their mom just left them and never looked back.

He said he wasn't looking for someone that young and he seemed to be very aware of how young it was... but it makes me wonder WHO made the first contact, him or her? If it was her then I have some serious doubts......

They said they met on an internet dating site. My husband pointed out something. Usually on those type of sites you choose parameters about the type of person you are looking to meet. Age range would likely be one of them. Edited by Cara
  • Love 5

I was a travel agent for a long time.  One thing that happens all of the stinkin' time is that lonely American women fall for their cabana boys, waiters, activities directors, hair braiders, bartenders, random hot dudes walking down the beach, etc.  We were instructed to tell travelers that there was a certain scam that is commonly run involving *some* of the people in certain destinations, so to be cautious, but apparently Mel didn't get the memo.

I say only *some* people did this, not the majority by any means.  

We actually had a 50-something coworker come home from a Caribbean training cruise, lose 60 lbs, get her hair done, start wearing tons of makeup and sexy clothes, and leave her husband of almost 30 years for a cabin boy, so I can only say... "IT HAPPENS."  (Her story DID NOT end well, to the tune of almost $50,000.)  

Anyway, I have to kind of wonder whether Mel really thought this through, or is being impetuous.  And desperate.  She does have a child to think about, not just herself.  

Mark -- gross.  I'm definitely in the camp that says he is really creepy.  Not a good vibe when he was talking to Nikki on skype, or whatever.  Vibe got even worse when he was going through his daughter's clothes to try to GIVE to his girlfriend!  Blarrrrgh!  This ain't gonna be pretty.  I think a lot of viewers' alarm bells are ringing right now.  

Loren.  Her neediness and immaturity were very off-putting.  I thought Alexei seemed like he was trying to appear charmed by her clinginess, but maybe was a little annoyed?  She was way too over-the-top, acted too spoiled, and sounded too shrill.  FF will come in handy when she's on!  

edit - grammar!

Edited by AndreaF
  • Love 6

They said they met on an internet dating site. My husband pointed out something. Usually on those type of sites you choose parameters about the type of person you are looking to meet. Age range would likely be one of them.

Yes I know that, but I'm wondering if he reached out to her first or she to him.  I'm just going based off what he said which was that he said he didn't plan to find someone that young. 

Trust me, I am well versed on how dating sites work lol 

• Love 3

Yes I know that, but I'm wondering if he reached out to her first or she to him.  I'm just going based off what he said which was that he said he didn't plan to find someone that young. 

Trust me, I am well versed on how dating sites work lol 

He sounds like the type that thinks 19 year old girls should be interested in him so my money would be on him reaching out first.  

I am really not happy with these comments on the Mormon's guy sexuality.   The same thing happened with the nice religious guy last season.   Just because someone doesn't immediately jump into bed with someone of the opposite does not make them gay.   Some straight people really do believe in waiting until after marriage.   Some people are just shy about sex and don't want it blasted all over tv (I know, I know, then why go on a tv show?).    Unless someone comes out and says "Hey, I'm gay" let's believe what is presented, a heterosexual relationship.

• Love 6

He sounds like the type that thinks 19 year old girls should be interested in him so my money would be on him reaching out first.  

He seems like the type that things anyone should be interested in him (and I think he seemed like a nice enough guy but I'll reserve my opinions for further episodes). 

She just didn't seem as into it when they were skyping.

But then again.. all of the fiances that are from out of the country looked extremely un-comfortable on their skype convos. Which I found slightly odd... but maybe not... maybe they were told they were officially filming and that made them freeze up a bit. 

It seems like there are two kinds of people who look outside the U.S. for a spouse: 

1) Men and women who want a partner who is hotter and better looking than they could expect to find in the U.S. Danielle did this last season, and the woman with the Jamaican boyfriend is doing it here. Just to mention two who really stand out.

2) Men, especially, who want a girl who is, or looks, very, very young. Some of these guys have women who resemble 12-year-old boys, like the one with Kirlyam in the first season. The other obvious one is the 50-something man with the 19-yo Filipina.

So, if you want something way younger and hotter than you can find in the U.S., just go overseas and pay to have one come here. Hope you understand that eventually you'll be expected to bring their family over, too. That part never gets mentioned during the courtship, but it almost always happens. Good luck with THAT.

• Love 4

Those are good points okerry, but I think there's another one.  I've been hearing talk  lately about black women looking overseas for husbands as well.  The reason is that there are so many negative stereotypes in the US regarding black women, some of these women have found that foreign men don't have the same issues American men have when it comes to black women.  

I was a travel agent for a long time.  One thing that happens all of the stinkin' time is that lonely American women fall for their cabana boys, waiters, activities directors, hair braiders, bartenders, random hot dudes walking down the beach, etc.  We were instructed to tell travelers that there was a certain scam that is commonly run involving *some* of the people in certain destinations, so to be cautious, but apparently Mel didn't get the memo.

This is SO right.  Fourteen years ago I was on a cruise; I was in a group.  One of the women in my group who at the time was probably in her fifties fell head over heels with our waiter, he was from Eastern Europe.  Damn, but did this woman fall hard.  Now, I don't know what happened, I don't know if they slept together or what.  I do know that on the last day she was looking for him and he was nowhere to be found; she was sad and hurt, but I think she realized they both used each other and she went back to her life.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4