Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: Satan Loves Confusion

• Start Topic

I have to say that Shannon really brought the comic relief tonight.  Plus, the normal relief - I loved watching her with her daughters shopping for makeup.  Her horse story was cute and funny!  I also liked that she reminded the girls about not wearing a lot of makeup at a young age, and her warning about their skin was spot on. Teach girls skincare early on in life, and if they listen and follow through, they will have good skin for the rest of their lives.  The fact that she was purchasing natural makeup and not allowing her daughters to look like Brooke Shields in "Pretty Baby" was a plus, too!!

My husband rarely ever sees this show, but happened to see this scene with me last night.  He applauded for the same reasons you gave, but instead of the "Pretty Baby" reference, he used another term.

Brianna has had thyroid problems for quite a while.  She had a thyroid cancer scare a few seasons ago and had her thyroid removed but the tumors weren't cancerous.

Same reference to my hubby, I had him look closely - you can still see the scar or 'necklace' from her various thyroid surgeries - I think she may've even had it removed.  ETA:  I see someone already clarified the thyroid removal.

Oh please don't let Vicki's spin-off have Ryan and her daughter moving back in with her,or even being in the spin off, they're the worst, boring mean couple ever!!

Oh, she should definitely go off and do that.  That'll be one more Bravo show I will have no problem ignoring, just like the Teresa RHONJ coming on Sunday the 11th.  In fact, the two of them can go off into the night and I would never miss them.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 3

I don't understand all this Briana vitriol.

What stood out the most to me regarding Briana was her exhaustion.

With 2 jobs, two young kids, and a husband that's to be expected, though.

Neither do I.

I'm sure she is exhausted most of the time.  Aside from having two jobs and two young kids, she had her thyroid removed (was it the entire thyroid?)  My mother had part of her thyroid removed and her doctors are constantly "adjusting" her thyroid meds.   It seems to be a moving target.  That probably accounts for her weight gain too so IMHO it's unfair to be critical of it.

• Love 9

Thanks for the clarification!  I worked in a pharmacy, and we sold kits that could be used for enemas or douches -i think there were different tips to attach to the hose, depending on your intended use.  I was wondering how she wouldn't be able to feel the tip, or lack thereof, if it became detached or "broken off".  The pic you show has a very skinny tip, but, still, either way,..how far up her butt did she shove that thing that she thought David should go spelunking for the 3 inch piece? 

Loved that David couldn't seem to get his hands clean enough!!

Who would have thought we'd learn about spousal ass spelunking by watching this show?

• Love 8

I was thinking about this - is it really not a fair battle, was it really not fair, for Slade to say whatever he wanted about Vicki's looks?  Vicki, who called Jeana fat (in an episode), called Jim Bellino a 'smelly dork' (stopped clock and everything, she's not attacking acts there, but her perception of his physical presence).  Why is it somehow morally untenable for someone to speak Vicki's own language and go after her in the manner she (a) understands and (b) is on the same wavelength in which she's criticized others? 

Slade and Gretchen are contemptible but Vicki is no better.  And I have thought Vicki was an awful-looking women since day 1, primarily because she's an entitled vicious idiot who used to wear those fugtastic Sky tops cut low to show off the purchased foobies.  A lot of her ugly comes from her terrible personality.

Because that would be stooping as low as the Vickster and she set a very low bar! Vicki doesn't fight fair that's true but it makes you just as bad to exercise the same obnoxious behavior. Slades "comedy" routine was ridiculous. I don't particularly like her or Slade but calling her Miss Piggy? How would Slade like it if someone ridiculed the looks of his mother or brother?

• Love 2

How about the word of somebody who actually liked Brooks and had absolutely nothing to gain by doubting his cancer story.

Because that would be Shannon. Or is she an unreliable source too? 

Did I miss an episode where Brooks backtracked on his cancer in a conversation with Shannon?

• Love 4

I do not want to hear anything else about Brooks or whether or not he has cancer.  I'm so over it.

I cannot believe Shannon had David digging around in her ass.  OMG.  So, how guilty does he still feel about his affair?  That is insane.  I am still not over it.

• Love 12

Because that would be stooping as low as the Vickster and she set a very low bar! Vicki doesn't fight fair that's true but it makes you just as bad to exercise the same obnoxious behavior. Slades "comedy" routine was ridiculous. I don't particularly like her or Slade but calling her Miss Piggy? How would Slade like it if someone ridiculed the looks of his mother or brother?

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's stooping as low: Vicki has routinely started some, so there was some.  I wasn't as into the show in the first few seasons, but from the Gretchen and forward seasons, Vicki and Tamra went after those two for no reasons at all.   Vicki in fact said something on air about Gretchen being 'pimped out' by Slade.  She was absolutely vicious and mocking and derisive towards Alexis, and Lizzie.  Of course she's far less physically appealing to many people, and she's obviously very vain and somewhat deluded about her dress size.  No one has ever pointed out that her children show obvious distaste at elements of her personality -- THAT would be hitting someone in a low place.  I don't think superficial nasty comments are the lowest blows, and I think she certainly deserves what she gets.

• Love 12

Wow, Brianna is Vicki's daughter all the way. Everything is about them. I think Brooks is a scamming scammer who scams and I 100% think he is lying about his cancer but Brianna is acting like Vicki being in a relationship with him is a personal slight to her (Brianna). She's so upset that Vicki moved Brooks into the "family home" like she has some kind of claim on it any more. It's Vicki's home, she should do whatever she wants with it and that has nothing to do with Brianna. Brianna needs to accept that her mom's relationships are not a dig at her. I dislike Vicki a lot but I do believe that she loves her children ... as much as a self centered sea hag can love anyone. Brianna wants Vicki to prove how much she loves her by leaving the only person Vicki has to fill her love tank.

To me Brianna's weight looks really thyroid related. I have a bum thyroid myself and I lose and gain weight at the drop of a hat. I always seem to gain weight in my face first. It's really super cute and I love having a round puffy face. I would love to go on a reality show and talk about it. Except not. I don't like Brianna but I don't blame her at all for mentioning her weight.

I have to laugh every time Brianna whines that they don't have any friends in OK. Gee, whatever reason could there be for this perfectly lovely couple not being able to find any friends?

Edited by Thick McRunFast
  • Love 12

So Shannon really DID have a piece of plastic up her butt. And I guess the enema did its work and dislodged it but she didn't think to actually look in the toilet before first asking her husband to go on a search mission. Or did she call Tamra first? I mean, Tamra is apparently very knowledgeable about all things ANAL, as she enjoys screaming about it in restaurants. Maybe Shannon was about to ask Tamra to come over and engage in ANAL activity when she remembered that Tamra was busy getting her whore-face set to go get pasteurized. 

Edited to add two more things, and I hope no one is reading this over dinner:

If the colonic and then the enema did their work, the purpose of which is to clean out the colon, bowels, rectum, etc. then David should not have had to scrub anything from under his nails, or should not have had anything still there after scrubbing! That is IF Shannon had the extra wifely courtesy and consideration to wash herself before asking him to probe.  

If Dr. Moon is doing colonics that leave actual pieces of plastic inside his patients' butts and not realizing it or removing it himself, then he's a bigger fake, fraud, conman, and quack than Brooks will ever be. But then, I already thought that he was. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that her son lurks/posts in /r/raisedbynarcissists and has decided on limited contact with mom (with no contact being an option).

It would certainly be the healthiest option for him.  See her on major holidays and stay at undisclosed locations while visiting.

• Love 7

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's stooping as low: Vicki has routinely started some, so there was some.  I wasn't as into the show in the first few seasons, but from the Gretchen and forward seasons, Vicki and Tamra went after those two for no reasons at all.   Vicki in fact said something on air about Gretchen being 'pimped out' by Slade.  She was absolutely vicious and mocking and derisive towards Alexis, and Lizzie.  Of course she's far less physically appealing to many people, and she's obviously very vain and somewhat deluded about her dress size.  No one has ever pointed out that her children show obvious distaste at elements of her personality -- THAT would be hitting someone in a low place.  I don't think superficial nasty comments are the lowest blows, and I think she certainly deserves what she gets.

I agree, in Vicki's case anything goes.    

I know this is off topic, but I thought it was hilarious.

On Jeopardy tonight, the answer is:    He is a producer and talk show host of WWHL on Bravo

Dead silence

Buzzer

No one knew.  LOL

• Love 21
and Tamra looked like shit in it.

At first I wanted to comment that I remembered Vicki's saying that SHE looked better in the dress than Tamra...and then I agreed it IS like saying Tamra looks like shit in it (no pun intended, Shannon and David).

• Love 5
but Brianna is acting like Vicki being in a relationship with him is a personal slight to her (Brianna).

I think Briana has taken that stance and held the grudge ever since Brooks told Ryan he should beat her (although I don't remember his words).   It's a difficult thing to forget--and with someone like Brooks it's just One. More. Thing.

• Love 7

I think Briana has taken that stance and held the grudge ever since Brooks told Ryan he should beat her (although I don't remember his words).   It's a difficult thing to forget--and with someone like Brooks it's just One. More. Thing.

I don't blame her.  If he said that about me, I would be holding a grudge too.

• Love 9

Did Briana say that Ryan's been in the military for 13 years? It sure doesn't seem that long, but if he stays another 7 years and retires at 20 years, he leaves with a nice pension, plus he's young enough to get another job. Maybe HE can work for Vicki. Now that would be must see TV.

Briana should feel lucky to live in the house she does, regardless of location. I wonder if she's ever seen real military family housing? In many places, it's not pretty.

• Love 9

Tammy Sue Lie #89,367,168 (I think. I lost count).

When Tammy Sue, Shannon, and Heather were at lunch, Tammy Sue told the ladies what's his name's cancer had spread.  She said Vicki told her that at the document inspection.

Vicki never said any such thing.

• Love 3

I agree, in Vicki's case anything goes.    

I know this is off topic, but I thought it was hilarious.

On Jeopardy tonight, the answer is:    He is a producer and talk show host of WWHL on Bravo

Dead silence

Buzzer

No one knew.  LOL

Oh how I wish someone had said, "Who is Andy... um um... um... Satan Andy?"

• Love 9

Sorry, but I have to add 5 cents to the grammar conversation. My opinion? If you're watching a show as petty and ridiculous as this, and taking the time to correct grammar, there's a better than average chance that you're not nearly as likable as you may think you are. DOWN WITH THE GRAMMAR POLICE! It's the real housewives! Go read the Paris Review if you crave proper grammar.

• Love 8

I like to think we enjoy equal-opportunity snark here. When Housewives or their spouses slaughter grammar, it's worthy of a few snide remarks. I mean, really, does David think saying, "Shannon and I's relationship" is correct? It even sounds ridiculous! And while this particular example was on WWHL, I've heard Tamra say "I's" about a dozen times over the years. Grates on my ears every time.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 12

Delurking to say my normal Tuesday routine is to come home from a hard day at work, get a bowl of ice cream, and read the episode thread. Shannon RUINED this week's ritual for me. I tried to soldier through and skip posts that I knew were headed to shitty territory but several of them were stealthily shitty. Thanks, Shannon Beador.

• Love 8

As for Briana and her statement about pancreatitus/cancer, I'm not so quick to believe her either. He could have told her he was having tests to reveal tumors, or that his blood work was revealing something going on but they weren't sure yet, and then in the end it was one and not the other. Brianna likes to exaggerate like her mother, especially when it comes to Brooks.

That was my thought too.  I just can't see Brianna as a reliable source for anything.  Especially anything re Brooks.  She's too quick to assume the worst about everything, she is definitely prone to exaggeration, and she seems to think she's smarter & more savvy than she actually is.

I take everything she says with a huge grain of salt.  And even when she's trying to be dramatic, I find her to be really dull & boring.  Way too sour and one-note to hold my attention.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 8

I am one who thought Shannon stole the episode with her antics. And it showed a side of David that he could be appealing. But I wonder if he would have been so helpful, prioir to affair and exposure. I doubt it.

Brianna has never lived in an average setting, or not for many years. She goes from one expensive house to another. That seems like too much house for a young military guy, but don't lets argue it, I know some make more moemy, etc etc....jist seems unnecessary, I guess is my point. Wonder if his work peers live in similar houses.

Icky is going to cling to victim role in the whole Crooke's hoopla with all,she's got. She is a born victim and this scenario was made for her fakery.

Slad was a jerk, franted, but a 50-yr old woman should not be harried off to the nearest plastic surgeon when comments are made by such a jerk. And it did not work out well for her, Imo. I caught her trying to unfreeze her gace a few times in hopes of changing her expression...also the chin, e gads. And those boobs. I am just so over all of the plastic.

• Love 4

Delurking to say my normal Tuesday routine is to come home from a hard day at work, get a bowl of ice cream, and read the episode thread. Shannon RUINED this week's ritual for me. I tried to soldier through and skip posts that I knew were headed to shitty territory but several of them were stealthily shitty. Thanks, Shannon Beador.

Sorry! I know mine was particularly overly descriptive and rancid. Hope you weren't eating chocolate ice cream.

• Love 8

If the colonic and then the enema did their work, the purpose of which is to clean out the colon, bowels, rectum, etc. then David should not have had to scrub anything from under his nails, or should not have had anything still there after scrubbing! That is IF Shannon had the extra wifely courtesy and consideration to wash herself before asking him to probe.

I wouldn't risk it. I'd be like David only I'd have added a Clorox wash too. Never know what invisible bacteria may still be lurking and he was going to an event where he was going to be shaking a lot of hands and eating finger foods. Better safe than sorry I say.

• Love 4

Pattycake2

Yest. 11:25 pm

I also had, as Hayley Mills said in The Trouble with Angels, a scathingly brilliant idea. Send Brandi over to visit the OC.  She'd be on Eddie like white on rice.  God, I'd love to see Tamra deal with THAT!

*THAT. would. be. EPIC!!

• Love 6

Sorry! I know mine was particularly overly descriptive and rancid. Hope you weren't eating chocolate ice cream.

Cookies and cream. *sobs* I saw one post about residue and had to put my spoon down lol.

Thankfully the snark was strong in here so I laughed a lot at least!

• Love 11

I think it's actually reasonable that Brianna is so suspicious of Brooks and angry about her mother's relationship with him.

In previous posts I've been somewhat harsh on Brianna and said she's a grown woman and Vicki has the right to date whoever she pleases and even move her boyfriend into her house if she chooses. I still believe this. However, if my mother were dating a man with no job, car, bank account, teeth, values, character, or reputation and who was a proven liar with outstanding child-support debt, I would not like the guy and would be angry that my mother -- who had recently given up a substantial sum in a difficult divorce from her second husband -- was dating said guy. And I would not want my children to get the idea that he was their "grandfather" or to form any sort of relationship with him. Brianna sees her mother's vulnerability and thinks that Brooks has exploited that huge weakness to gain a nice home and a very good repair and maintenance lifestyle. Then the guy said some nasty things and further antagonized her. I really can't blame her for being upset, still. She may be right that Vicki is losing everyone over this fool.

For me, the most telling thing is that Vicki never married the guy who was "the love of her life" [whisper] and allegedly has cancer [/whisper].  The one smart thing she did in the relationship.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 22

Ironic that Vicki is declaring that Satan loves confusion, when she and Brooks are the root of all the confusion. They are confusing everyone, it's not the other way around. Also, why is no one blogging? There must be some serious tension on the set. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 19
Also, why is no one blogging? There must be some serious tension on the set.

I don't think any of us could stand to read the "no, he doesn't" "yes, he does" bullshit continued from the show to the blogs. Everyone trying to "prove" their case and spin their story. Egad!

• Love 3

Wow, Brianna is Vicki's daughter all the way. Everything is about them. I think Brooks is a scamming scammer who scams and I 100% think he is lying about his cancer but Brianna is acting like Vicki being in a relationship with him is a personal slight to her (Brianna). She's so upset that Vicki moved Brooks into the "family home" like she has some kind of claim on it any more. It's Vicki's home, she should do whatever she wants with it and that has nothing to do with Brianna. Brianna needs to accept that her mom's relationships are not a dig at her. I dislike Vicki a lot but I do believe that she loves her children ... as much as a self centered sea hag can love anyone. Brianna wants Vicki to prove how much she loves her by leaving the only person Vicki has to fill her love tank.

To me Brianna's weight looks really thyroid related. I have a bum thyroid myself and I lose and gain weight at the drop of a hat. I always seem to gain weight in my face first. It's really super cute and I love having a round puffy face. I would love to go on a reality show and talk about it. Except not. I don't like Brianna but I don't blame her at all for mentioning her weight.

I have to laugh every time Brianna whines that they don't have any friends in OK. Gee, whatever reason could there be for this perfectly lovely couple not being able to find any friends?

Exactly!

I'm guessing that the country folk in OK don't take too kindly to city slickers from the OC!  

• Love 4

I love my husband.  But you couldn't pay me to look up his ass to find a missing piece of plastic.  I'll drive him to the ER, but not that.  And I wouldn't want him digging in mine either.  My mom, who was my dad's caregiver when he had cancer and was constipated from meds, told me after my husband's diagnosis that I should learn how to do that for my husband.  Sorry mom, but I'm going to hire a nurse for that.

And if she's  trying to recapture the magic and romance of a relationship, shouldn't that also be the last thing Shannon does and the last thing David agrees to?  I'm sure he could say anything he wanted to his mistress and probably did all kinds of ass play.  He just wasn't looking for a plastic tip off a device to clean the shit out of your system.

I'm also quite sure that this type of Shannon weirdness is also a major reason why he went running to a mistress.  I love Shannon and I'm not trying to excuse David but I would grow so tired of Dr. Moon and other quacks on speed dial in addition to the enormous amounts of money she's spent on new age crap.  Didn't she have crystals or something built into their house?  

I also feel that this year's Shannon is not the real Shannon.  I think she's trying so hard to seem like a goofy, happy go lucky person who just happens to be dealing with something traumatic.  I think Shannon's harping on David for eating chips and her general seeming disdain of him is more her natural personality.  Not that she isn't funny but I feel like she's acting a part because she knows the harping nagging personality is what was driving David away.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 13

Thank you for mentioning this. I'm not a religious person, I haven't been to church since I was a child. I just think that the Tamra finds religion storyline is in such bad taste. Tamra is so disgusting to me that I ff most of her scenes. I wondered how someone who sees themselves as a Christian would view this. I understand flawed people come to religion and can learn to be a better person, I just don't believe that is what Tamra is doing, I could be wrong but I bet I'm not.

===========

This whole season has been pretty gross to me. Maybe because a person's health and spiritual beliefs are so personal, to see them used as a plot line for a reality show leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Add in David's affair and it being discussed on camera with their daughters ugh, all very uncomfortable.

Thank you both for bringing this up, as I have a question regarding Tamra and her new found faith and others views on it....

Isn't someone's finding a particular path and in this case, Christ, be a good thing that shouldn't be dismissed so fast and with seeming prejudice? Everyone travels a different path, who am I to say that she isn't sincere?  In her way, she might be. 

I hope that I am not offending anyone. I really am just curious as I'm not a Christian. (if that matters).

• Love 2

Thank you both for bringing this up, as I have a question regarding Tamra and her new found faith and others views on it....

Isn't someone's finding a particular path and in this case, Christ, be a good thing that shouldn't be dismissed so fast and with seeming prejudice? Everyone travels a different path, who am I to say that she isn't sincere?  In her way, she might be. 

I hope that I am not offending anyone. I really am just curious as I'm not a Christian. (if that matters).

As a (former) Christian, I would say that questioning her commitment to Christ would be akin to questioning whether or not Brooks has cancer.  You don't know, it doesn't directly affect you and you leave it G-d/the Universe/whatevah.

• Love 4

I think it's actually reasonable that Brianna is so suspicious of Brooks and angry about her mother's relationship with him.

In previous posts I've been somewhat harsh on Brianna and said she's a grown woman and Vicki has the right to date whoever she pleases and even move her boyfriend into her house if she chooses. I still believe this. However, if my mother were dating a man with no job, car, bank account, teeth, values, character, or reputation and who was a proven liar with outstanding child-support debt, I would not like the guy and would be angry that my mother -- who had recently given up a substantial sum in a difficult divorce from her second husband -- was dating said guy. And I would not want my children to get the idea that he was their "grandfather" or to form any sort of relationship with him. Brianna sees her mother's vulnerability and thinks that Brooks has exploited that huge weakness to gain a nice home and a very good repair and maintenance lifestyle. Then the guy said some nasty things and further antagonized her. I really can't blame her for being upset, still. She may be right that Vicki is losing everyone over this fool.

For me, the most telling thing is that Vicki never married the guy who was "the love of her life" [whisper] and allegedly has cancer [/whisper].  The one smart thing she did in the relationship.

l understand that Brianna doesn't like Brooks, and yes she has reasons to feel that way.  She can like or dislike whoever she wants  My issue is that she never shuts up about it.  She's stated her case over & over again, and at some point (way before now) she should just stop.

My parents divorced when I was in college, and my mother went on to date a man I didn't like, didn't trust, and didn't feel comfortable with.  I told her, we talked about it, and that was that.  I realized that it was her life not mine.  I  also realized that she was an adult, fully capable of making her own choices just as I was making mine.  I didn't beat her over the head with my feelings about the guy, and I didn't find ways to interject my dislike for him into every conversation.  Being snarky about him at every opportunity was not anything I ever considered.  And the result was that I didn't have screaming, horrible, high-decibel arguments with my Mom on a never-ending basis.  Her relationship with him ran its course, eventually ended, and I know she was grateful that I respected her enough to speak my mind and then back off. 

Brianna can be as upset & angry as she wants to be, but constantly going on and on about it will accomplish nothing.  Especially with a mother like Vicki.  She doesn't have to have a relationship with Brooks or share her children with him if she doesn't want to.  Vicki isn't forcing that at all.    I think Brianna should just steer clear, and maybe pay attention to making her own life a little happier.  Her sour lemon face and tendency to disparage everything isn't likely to win her any friends, so maybe she should work on that.  IMO the biggest problem in her life is not Brooks, and her emotional energy would be better spent elsewhere.

Brianna is a pain in the ass, IMO.   (Inadvertent Shannon Reference that I didn't realize until I read this over!!)

• Love 11

It would be super hilarious if he just put a PO box for his W4, I9, etc. to keep her from finding out where he lives.

The PO Box was the first thing I thought of and it was Vicki who said that Michael wouldn't give her his address in San Diego. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

I wouldn't risk it. I'd be like David only I'd have added a Clorox wash too. Never know what invisible bacteria may still be lurking and he was going to an event where he was going to be shaking a lot of hands and eating finger foods. Better safe than sorry I say.

OMG I never thought of David hand shaking at the baptism party. Now I'm going to watch for it next week and I bet there are a few RHoOC now squirmy cast members thinking the same thing.

• Love 9

Oh yes, I agree totally with everything you said. I hope what I said about Brianna didn't come off as some kind of a defense of Brooks. I think they're all equally awful. It's one of those rare situations where no one is right.

If I'm going to side with anyone on this issue it's Vicki even though it causes me physical pain to do so. She's always kept her relationship with Brooks very seperate from her relationship with Brianna. She's never demanded that Brianna have her kids around Brooks or stay in the same house as Brooks or anything like that. While I dislike Brooks as much as anyone where Brianna really loses me is where she takes Vicki's relationship with Brooks personally. It has nothing to do with her. It's not about her. Her mother was willing to have him stay in a hotel when she came to visit for cripes sake. I think Brianna has legitimate reasons to dislike Brooks and not want her Vicki to be in a relationship with him but to me all of her whining never sounds like concern to me. To me it just sounds like she's bitching and moaning about how hurt SHE is and how sad SHE is and how ANGRY she is and it all sounds so very self centered.

Everyone is so terrible in this stupid relationship. The only smart one is the son who would rather look at the menu than talk to Vicki.

• Love 11

Oh yes, I agree totally with everything you said. I hope what I said about Brianna didn't come off as some kind of a defense of Brooks. I think they're all equally awful. It's one of those rare situations where no one is right.

If I'm going to side with anyone on this issue it's Vicki even though it causes me physical pain to do so. She's always kept her relationship with Brooks very seperate from her relationship with Brianna. She's never demanded that Brianna have her kids around Brooks or stay in the same house as Brooks or anything like that. While I dislike Brooks as much as anyone where Brianna really loses me is where she takes Vicki's relationship with Brooks personally. It has nothing to do with her. It's not about her. Her mother was willing to have him stay in a hotel when she came to visit for cripes sake. I think Brianna has legitimate reasons to dislike Brooks and not want her Vicki to be in a relationship with him but to me all of her whining never sounds like concern to me. To me it just sounds like she's bitching and moaning about how hurt SHE is and how sad SHE is and how ANGRY she is and it all sounds so very self centered.

Everyone is so terrible in this stupid relationship. The only smart one is the son who would rather look at the menu than talk to Vicki.

I think Briana's distrust of her mother concerning Brooks stems from when she/Ryan lived with her. It was Vicki's idea for Briana to live with her because Ryan was supposed to be deployed again to Afghanistan when Briana was due with their first child. It was also Vicki's idea that Brooks would not come to the house while they were there but just a month or so into that arrangement Vicki changed her mind and tried to pressure Briana into allowing Brooks in the house. Brooks was pressuring Vicki and telling Vicki that he was going to or actually already dating other women because he was restricted in access to her/home. Vicki then made Briana the bad guy for not giving into her, Vicki's, demands. This all happened after Brooks gave an interview where he revealed that Briana was pregnant, something that neither Briana or Vicki had made public at that time, it was not his place to say anything about Briana/pregnancy in an interview. Then add in the comment, drunken or not, that Ryan should use physical force to control his wife (something along those lines/thoughts), how Vicki pays for everything for Brooks and here we have it. I don't blame Briana for her dislike or distrust of Brooks and Briana has also seen/lived through Vicki's horrid taste in men, abusive men and or men that cheat on her.

Does she go over board....Yes but, I wouldn't want him around my mother, my sister, my friends, or even my worst enemy either. LOL

• Love 14

Ya know, I see a lot of criticism of Brianna and I do understand some of it....but here we have a child who grew up fairly privileged with a dysfunctional family:  Divorce, step parent, a mother who is dysfunctional to say the least, being part of a reality show, the break up of a relationship she seemed to really care about but we still have this person who decided to become a nurse.  So, whatever one has to say about Brianna, her shallowness at times about hating OK and being happy to be in the OC so she can get her nails and hair done, she's still an active nurse.  A profession her mother was totally against.  Remember that scene?  So what I'm saying is that being a nurse is one tough job.  Not one that a shallow spoiled rich kid is going to choose....unless there's something else there.  I give her full credit for that and she has stuck with it.  And I give her a pass about a lot of things that seem shallow to others.  She could have worked for her mother but instead she went for something that is one tough career - an emergency room nurse.  Something I wouldn't want to do as a career in a million years.

Why she chose to marry Ryan?  I think it was more about need than want.  Her comments about the family home?  I think that is what she has been 'taught'.  And I get it to a certain extent.  I also get that she defends her husband because she 'needs' him and I also get why she is so against Brooks because she sees something that is not totally ok.  Yeah, she's screwed up to a certain extent but I also understand why. She has her medical issues and how her selfish mother dealt with it.  It's about Vicki, not Brianna.  But she can't detach herself like Michael from her mother because she is her 'mother'.

Bottom line - Brianna is screwed up but she also has, and I can't think of the right word, a certain determination and lack of spoiled shallowness given her career.     

• Love 19

Eh, I have met some pretty horrible people who are nurses. A lot of people pick it because it is a relatively flexible and stable career that pays well for the total number of hours worked, which often does not exceed 30 or 40. It is a hard job but it isn't like only saints go into nursing or healthcare careers in general. I do think she works hard but she is still an annoying camera presence. And she didn't 'need' to marry anyone. She seems like an emotionally volatile, insecure person (at that time anyway) who latched onto the first person who paid attention.

Edited by Htm222
  • Love 15