Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: Satan Loves Confusion

• Start Topic

I think she has real abandonment and insecurity issues from early childhood--and Dr. Moon is taking full advantage ($$$) of her.  That she ever came in contact with him is almost a miracle: a match made in LaLaLand. She needs decades of therapy with someone having excellent credentials and qualifications...but I doubt if much will change for her.

If not Dr. Moon...OC is likely packed with more of the same. She would not have had to look far. But, man, imagine the cash she has given this man.

I'm pretty sure Shannon said it was the first time she had done a home colonic. At least that is the impression I got.

But WHY would she, of all people, eat anything that was not Shannon-approved when she is going to be going out?? I wonder if the colonic was scripted...

• Love 1

If not Dr. Moon...OC is likely packed with more of the same. She would not have had to look far. But, man, imagine the cash she has given this man.

But WHY would she, of all people, eat anything that was not Shannon-approved when she is going to be going out?? I wonder if the colonic was scripted...

Uh, I could be wrong, but judging by the look on David's face post probe procedure, and the way he washed his hands, I don't think it was scripted.

The phone calls are more likely being placed by rag mags/reality show bloggers like MrRealHousewife so they have "breaking news" for the world...Add in Meghan. O'Toole. King. Edmonds., Brianna Culberson, Gretchen Rossi, Slade Smiley, Jeana Keough, Simon Barney, Tamra Judge and ever other woman scammed by Crooks and their lawyers, Andy Cohen, Tom Murro and Voila! You have several phone calls to Newport Imaging.

I know this is going to date me, I don't care....   The Soupy Sales 'send me money' story!  I remember my parents talking about it, I didn't see it.   Anyway, that's how this comes off to me, like a comedy routine.  "Well look, Meghan did it so it must be okay..."    Like an episode of Roseanne?

• Love 2

A tangerine made her bloat? WTF? That is...I don't know what that is. Worrying about the bloat from a single tangerine so much that you felt the need to give yourself a home enima? Get a therapist. David didn't cheat because Shannon gained weight. Also she wasn't even overweight. I'm so glad I decided to accept that I will probably always be a little bit fat years ago. Life is too short to torture yourself like that.

And according to Shannon, she looked like she was six months pregnant!!!!!  So here's a woman who looked like she was six month pregnant (really?) and had something stuck in her lower colon or rectum.  I'm doing a Shannon rapid shake of my head....  And then she gets out an 'enema' bag that she happens to have but doesn't know how to use....  That's just F'd up.  And it's even more F'd up that she let the events be filmed.  And I used to like Shannon....  This is so much TMI...and F'd up TMI.

• Love 6

Megan should not be waiting for a call from Mensa anytime soon.  However, I don't think that *she* thought the flamingos were cows.  I think she thought it was cute/funny that the neighbors dressed their flamingos up in Halloween costumes. 

But, hold on, let me put my head scarf on and investigate this matter further....

It didn't seem to me that she thought the flamingos were cows either.  She was just commenting on the display in general.  She's no genius for sure, but there's no way anyone would think those were cows, and there was nothing in her tweet to indicate that she thought they were.

• Love 4

And according to Shannon, she looked like she was six months pregnant!!!!!  So here's a woman who looked like she was six month pregnant (really?) and had something stuck in her lower colon or rectum.  I'm doing a Shannon rapid shake of my head....  And then she gets out an 'enema' bag that she happens to have but doesn't know how to use....  That's just F'd up.  And it's even more F'd up that she let the events be filmed.  And I used to like Shannon....  This is so much TMI...and F'd up TMI.

I hope it was a fake scene thrown in for comedy. If it was real very sad indeed. How desperate they're appearing!

• Love 3

It didn't seem to me that she thought the flamingos were cows either.  She was just commenting on the display in general.  She's no genius for sure, but there's no way anyone would think those were cows, and there was nothing in her tweet to indicate that she thought they were.

I agree.  IIRC all she said was 'my silly neighbors'. 

I also agree that Meg is no genius but she is smarter than many of the housewives.  OK.  That's not saying much....  Or that doesn't take much....

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

A few years ago I had a student who brought me a doctors note that was obviously fake. I reported it to the dean and she swore up and down it was a real note. The dean was on the fence and wanted to believe the student because the student was a straight A student with no issues in the past. But I knew I was right. I called the clinic and asked them to verify the name and time of the student's visit. I also faxed the note I received from the student to the doctors office. They called me right back and verified that the note did not come from their office, that the letterhead was not theirs, the doctor on the note was not theirs and it was basically fake. They were pissed that someone lied about receiving care there. So I can see how a health agency, whom credibility and trust and extremely important, would have no tolerance for anyone forging stuff that said it came from their lab. Think about if someone was going around with a letter of recommendation that they said you wrote. But you didn't write it.

Anyway, totally see the wanting to get to the bottom of the fake note. Especially since it was written terribly and obviously used by facebook dictation software and not medical dictation software. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that believe in Brook's plight, especially since they are throwing the Jesus angle in there and are horrified by the quality of the lab report. Do I think the lab fraud thing is real? Probably not, but it is possible, depending on what type of response they are getting from people.

In Shannon's blog she said she ate from fruit and wanted to get it out of her butt asap so she did the colonic. I actually looked up the Sitoclonic that Dr. Moon sells.

Gross. Just so gross. GROSS.

http://www.energymedicinenewportbeach.com/sitolonic-kit/

Interestingly, Dr. Moon is not a medical doctor. He is actually using his doctorate in Oriental Philosophy incorrectly. I'm almost positive that he is breaking an ethics violation because he is actually not a medical doctor but he is using his title to make it appear like he is a medical doctor. He has a PhD, not an M.D. For example, in med school, they tell you pretty much right away, that if you get a PhD in say, Physics, and then want to do botox (which you can do with just a certification program) you can not say you are a Dr. to the patients who want botox because it's purposely misleading (this is in the event that you end up dropping out of medical school and do a phd instead). Someone may only want care from a M.D. and think since you have a Dr. before your name that you are an M.D. I think everyone gets it.

Dr. Moon sounds like a quack!

He may be a quack, but based on what we've seen on the show, anyone who goes to him for treatment and actually thinks the man is a "real" doctor, is quackier than he is.

• Love 4

I would bet Shannon checked Dr. Moon's credentials before visiting him, and I think she said earlier this season that she believes in western and eastern medicine when dealing with certain illnesses--such a Brooks'.

• Love 6

I am putting on my Meghan Sherlock Holmes  hat and found the following clues-which lead me to believe she thought the skeletons were cows-the sign that says cows and the tweet with Flamicows in it.  I may need another Meghan primer.

It's not unreasonable for someone like Shannon to assume he is a medical doctor. He has what appears to be a medical clinic with "medicine" in the title. He wears a white jacket, has medical equipment, uses the "dr." honorific, diagnoses and treats "illnesses," has the authoritative presence of a doctor, states on his website that he's been a speaker/lecturer at Northwestern University medical school (I'm guessing he did a lunch talk or something, people who've spoken at my school at events arranged by student clubs pull the same thing on their resumes *eye roll*), and he "trains" other doctors.

His site says "You will be hard-pressed to find a doctor as skilled, learned, and committed to healing as Dr. Moon. He has harnessed tremendous healing energy and control by fasting and practicing Qi Kong for the past 40 years. Through his years of practice he has won the admiration of his students, the respect of his colleagues, and most importantly, the gratitude of his patients."

I think that a less discerning person would believe that he is a medical doctor. Maybe he gives his patients a run down on his credentials before treating them?

When Shannon had heart issues she went to a cardiologist.  I think she definitely knows the difference between MD and Qi Kong. 

• Love 2

Shannon wasn't angry.  She was annoyed.  So you and Shanny are in agreement!

But it's her unofficial 4th wedding day! She's the STAR!

That said, if your godmother was a star of a reality TV show and your baptism was going to be televised, there's a good chance she might have had a professional makeup job. 

Megan should not be waiting for a call from Mensa anytime soon.  However, I don't think that *she* thought the flamingos were cows.  I think she thought it was cute/funny that the neighbors dressed their flamingos up in Halloween costumes. 

But, hold on, let me put my head scarf on and investigate this matter further....

It is Meghans house that has the flamingos in it-I think she was saying her neighbors added to the beautiful fall décor Jim had previously surprised her with and her new car.  https://instagram.com/p/8lifqoB9LW/

So far my comments regarding Meghan have resulted in someone saying it wasn't her house in St. Louis, because there was an article she and Jim had bought one in OC, there was no reason to think they were cows in spite of the cow sign and the flamicows reference.

I think we need to put on our collective thinking caps if we are going to be at least on par with Meghan. 

• Love 2

I really, really doubt that Shannon thinks Dr Moom is a MD. Of all my issues with Shannon dumb isn't really one of them. I mean I think she's dumb, but she's not dumb, you know? Dr Moon has diplomas all over his office. Just glancing at them would tell you what his degree is. And I'm sure Shannon knows the difference between a MD and a Ph.D. She seems into alternative therapies so that's what she gets from Dr Moon. I'm sure she knows his background more or less as well as she knows the background of her other doctors.

• Love 5

Does his site actually spell it as "Qi Kong"?   

Yep it does.  he also lists about 15 other things he has studied and none of the indicate he is trying to pass himself off as an MD. Mostly he is an acupuncturist. 

• Love 2

Mr. Moon can NOT call himself doctor. He is an acupuncturist, and unless he went to medical school and has an MD, OR has a PhD in acupuncture, he is not allowed to call himself doctor. It's just the rules, it's not subjective. Here is a good message board about it.  When he is with Shannon and she calls him Dr. he should be correcting her. 

http://www.topix.com/forum/med/acupuncture/T5SUK3RPQTFK56I34

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 1

Mr. Moon can NOT call himself doctor. He is an acupuncturist, and unless he went to medical school and has an MD, OR has a PhD in acupuncture, he is not allowed to call himself doctor. It's just the rules, it's not subjective. Here is a good message board about it. When he is with Shannon and she calls him Dr. he should be correcting her.

He has a PhD though.

• Love 2

Yeah, I think Dr Moon is a charlatan of the first degree who specializes in fleecing rich bored housewives out of money by petting all their insecurities into full blown illnesses, but he hasn't that I remember ever implied he's a MD. I don't remember Shannon ever saying anything to make me think she thinks he has an MD either. He has a Ph.D. and calls himself doctor like most Ph.D.s do. His diploma is hanging in the wall. You just have to read it to see what sort of degree he has.

• Love 3

Mr. Moon can NOT call himself doctor. He is an acupuncturist, and unless he went to medical school and has an MD, OR has a PhD in acupuncture, he is not allowed to call himself doctor. It's just the rules, it's not subjective. Here is a good message board about it.  When he is with Shannon and she calls him Dr. he should be correcting her. 

Yeah! And what about that liar-face, Dr. Dre? He didn't go to medical school either! He should really be calling himself, Mr. Dre, Ph.D. of Funk!

BRB, gotta go compose  a "cyst and decease" letter to him. 

• Love 5

Yeah! And what about that liar-face, Dr. Dre? He didn't go to medical school either! He should really be calling himself, Mr. Dre, Ph.D. of Funk!

BRB, gotta go compose a "cyst and decease" letter to him.

I could have sworn he was a MD in the chronic!

But yeah, people call themselves Dr all the time. It's a crime to pass yourself off as a MD and to perform certain tasks like prescribing meds or performing surgery. I don't think it's a crime to call yourself Dr and then not do anything. Dr Moon doesn't seem to be doing anything but taking Shannon's money and hanging crystals over her stomach. Is Shannon throwing her money away? Probably, but my guess is she would pay a lot more to have somebody pay attention to her.

• Love 5

Actually, anyone who has earned a PhD can use the title.  But more to the point, why cite a message board post as proof positive?  One click on your computer can get you to the CA.gov Department of Consumer Affairs Acupuncture Board : http://www.acupuncture.ca.gov/pubs_forms/laws_regs/regs.shtml

Not that it would matter to anyone.  It's dead simple to ascertain if someone is an MD or not, and I doubt Shannon or most people here have a problem understanding this.

• Love 4

The message board wasn't proof of anything. It was just to show that there are many people that have questions about it so thinking an acupuncturist is a doctor isn't that crazy or unusual. I don't think the legal details regarding medical ethics (especially proper use of one's title) is easily accessible on the internet. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 1
Wonder if Vicki knew he wasn't a M.D. ?

If she even knows what is required to be an M.D. I doubt if she even cares.  Is he a "celebrity doctor"?  That's the criterion.

Yup. That means we have to call Shaquille O'Neal doctor.

and a certain scandalous American icon is often introduced as Dr. Bill Cosby.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2

The message board wasn't proof of anything. It was just to show that there are many people that have questions about it so thinking an acupuncturist is a doctor isn't that crazy or unusual. I don't think the legal details regarding medical ethics (especially proper use of one's title) is easily accessible on the internet. 

Granted I am a member of a large covered "Group" medical insurance, but even the cheapest of cheap HMOs available to me cover 20 annual chiropractic and acupuncture treatments.  I'd imagine most people who have to use traditional health insurance know the difference, or at least are made aware of it when trying to file claims or find a doctor.  Most people these days have to check to see who and what is covered before seeking any sort of medical treatment.  If they don't have access to a computer, the health plans have phone operators to guide them through the selection process and clarify whether or not a practitioner is covered under "doctor's office visit".

• Love 3

She also used to "work" until 2:00 AM on a regular basis, but now that she has stopped doing double duty with Donn and Brooks, she no longer needs to keep such late hours outside the house.  Satan loves confusion and long work days.

Now that you mention it, Vicki hasn't been "working late" for awhile, has she?

What's the deal on Billy?  Is he married?  Kids?  Does he live in Chicago?  He certainly seems to be popping up on cam lately.  Has he said what he thinks of Crooks?

I'm pretty sure I recall Billy saying he was cool with Brooks, but Billy seems a bit of a dimwitted drunkard so maybe Brooks pulled one over on him.

• Love 6

Someone somewhere upthread referenced Tamra's baptism being like a white party. 

Forgive me if I missed another remark of this nature (I'll blame my flu delirium... I have been reading!): Does that mean Tamra's trying to out-Kyle Richards Kyle Richards with an end-of-season white party?

I now half-expect an In-N-Out truck to show up. And maybe a faux Faye Resnick. 

Dang, now that you mention it, that's exactly what it's like.

How do you know all this about Michael?  I don't recall seeing him on the show much if at all this season.

He hasn't been on the show much, but we know he lives rather far from her and didn't tell her his address.

• Love 2

On a side note, never having been to a baptism I was amazed that Tamra had her hair and makeup done before hand.  In the Jewish religion we have a ritual bath called a Mikva, women wear no make (or clothes for that matter) and a prayer is said then they submerge fully.  It is a way of cleansing your soul so to speak, so when Tamra was primping before hand I wondered if she truly understood the meaning of what she was doing. 

Of course Tamra doesn't understand the meaning of her baptism!

Was Brooks really on a business trip or holed up in some Marriott somewhere?

Bite your tongue! Only the best (and most expensive) for Brooks! ;-)

So brooks after making a big deal of suing Meghan has now tweeted that on advice of counsel he will not be discussing pending litigation any longer on Twitter.  ANybody think he has sued Meghan?  Sounds like the typical pending litigation lie, almost as if Brooks has borrowed a page from Brandi's book.

It's not a lawsuit until the "cyst and deceased" papers have ben served!

(Glass of wine in the face optional ;-) )

Sheesh, that raging Ryan sure has big hips for a dude.  Just sayin' . . . 

I'm not sure, but I think it might be b/c the belt on his tunic(?) is cinched too tight and making it flare out.

• Love 2

I am putting on my Meghan Sherlock Holmes  hat and found the following clues-which lead me to believe she thought the skeletons were cows-the sign that says cows and the tweet with Flamicows in it.  I may need another Meghan primer.

When Shannon had heart issues she went to a cardiologist.  I think she definitely knows the difference between MD and Qi Kong. 

Meghan didn't refer to them as "flamincows".   Someone else did, in response to Meghan's tweet.  I don't think that person thought they were cows either.  I think it was just in response to Meghan's comment about the cuteness of the display - the cow sign & dressed-up flamingos.  Not a big deal, certainly, but I'm happy to be discussing something (anything!) other than the Brooks cancer thing.

Here's Meghan's tweet and the replies. 

https://twitter.com/MeghanKEdmonds/status/652543303817281536

Edited by DebbieM4

Where on earth do you get your info? The tape was conveniently leaked (by guess who) before the reunion. Brooks graciously apologized (even though it was not a serious comment) and Brianna acted like a fucking bitch. She didn't even bother to hear what he actually said. Brooks, however did not receive an apology for being baited and privately taped. In all the time Brianna and Ryan were around Brooks, that was the best they could come up with. And yes, they were a rounds Brooks a lot in the beginning.

Didn't Ryan say that while staying with Vicki and Brooks at their house in Tijuana that Brooks made some comments about doing something with some grody hookers they saw on a street corner?

• Love 1

According to Heather on Twitter tonight, the IV story had been discussed before, but was never shown to us. Bravo probably wanting to make the Finale as drama-filled as possible. 

This is what Shannon said in her blog:

I was quite surprised to hear Terry Dubrow say that he never sent a colleague over to Vicki's home to administer an IV after Brooks had his first chemo treatment in October. I called Vicki to see how Brooks was feeling after his first chemo and she told me this story. And to hear that Brianna was told the same story is something else. She and I have never had a conversation. When Heather asks Vicki about it, she responds that she may have been out of town. She wasn't.

It also sounds like there has been no resolution to Shannon and Vicki's friendship, as this blog was written after they filmed the finale.  She had this to say about that:

"I have formed a deep friendship with Tamra and Heather that I didn't think was possible. Meghan and I are moving forward and I think we are beginning to understand each other. My friendship with Vicki has fully destructed. I don't have much hope that it can be repaired."

• Love 3

Why doesn't Vicki get the "Tamra Bass Lake finger point?"  She has been away a lot during Brooks' "treatments", (and I use that term loosely).

Seems like Billy had been coached before he went to the party but he could not remember the lines he glossed over everything making thinks look even more hinky. 

Is it the first time we had heard about the midnight IV story, seems like if that was a thing Heather would have mentioned it along the way as proof that Brooks is really sick.

Lynn Curtain and Tammy...where have they been?  That was so random. LOL.

Vicki singing during Amazing Grace, precious.

That pastor was funny, trying to play peacemaker, he has no idea who he was dealing with!  Satan is no match for the Ho wives! 

My disappointments for this last show, Vicky didn't do any incoherent shrieking, Shannon didn't scream that the truth will come out, Tamra didn't ugly cry and run away.

• Love 1

Didn't Ryan say that while staying with Vicki and Brooks at their house in Tijuana that Brooks made some comments about doing something with some grody hookers they saw on a street corner?

I think it was Puerto Vallarta and the comment was something along the lines of Brooks wondering if a woman they saw was a hooker. The comment was so benign and useless as a "weapon" against Brooks and a total fail on Ryan's part.

• Love 3

I doubt Vicki knows who Pontius Pilate is.

She probably thinks he invented Pilates.

She probably thinks that's the device in a Pontiac that drives itself.

Why doesn't Vicki get the "Tamra Bass Lake finger point?"  She has been away a lot during Brooks' "treatments", (and I use that term loosely).

Seems like Billy had been coached before he went to the party but he could not remember the lines he glossed over everything making thinks look even more hinky. 

Is it the first time we had heard about the midnight IV story, seems like if that was a thing Heather would have mentioned it along the way as proof that Brooks is really sick.

Lynn Curtain and Tammy...where have they been?  That was so random. LOL.

Vicki singing during Amazing Grace, precious.

That pastor was funny, trying to play peacemaker, he has no idea who he was dealing with!  Satan is no match for the Ho wives! 

My disappointments for this last show, Vicky didn't do any incoherent shrieking, Shannon didn't scream that the truth will come out, Tamra didn't ugly cry and run away.

I think you posted this in the wrong thread. :-)

I think it was Puerto Vallarta and the comment was something along the lines of Brooks wondering if a woman they saw was a hooker. The comment was so benign and useless as a "weapon" against Brooks and a total fail on Ryan's part.

As I remember it, Brooks did more than wonder if they were hookers. I think he proposed that they hire them for awhile.

According to Heather on Twitter tonight, the IV story had been discussed before, but was never shown to us. Bravo probably wanting to make the Finale as drama-filled as possible.

This is what Shannon said in her blog:

I was quite surprised to hear Terry Dubrow say that he never sent a colleague over to Vicki's home to administer an IV after Brooks had his first chemo treatment in October. I called Vicki to see how Brooks was feeling after his first chemo and she told me this story. And to hear that Brianna was told the same story is something else. She and I have never had a conversation. When Heather asks Vicki about it, she responds that she may have been out of town. She wasn't.

It also sounds like there has been no resolution to Shannon and Vicki's friendship, as this blog was written after they filmed the finale. She had this to say about that:

"I have formed a deep friendship with Tamra and Heather that I didn't think was possible. Meghan and I are moving forward and I think we are beginning to understand each other. My friendship with Vicki has fully destructed. I don't have much hope that it can be repaired."

Finale and Lost Footage episodes.

• Love 1

She probably thinks that's the device in a Pontiac that drives itself.

I think you posted this in the wrong thread. :-)

As I remember it, Brooks did more than wonder if they were hookers. I think he proposed that they hire them for awhile.

The hooker story! Oh yeah. The convoluted, makes no sense, Ryan and Brianna are shady story.

How I remember it (with commentary): the family went to Vicki's place in Mexico (Brianna "I'm completely financially independent" has never turned down a free trip) and everybody was out to dinner or a bar or something. Ryan needed to go to the pharmacy (In Mexico! Random.That part still cracks me up) with Brooks (this was during the period where Ryan was spending an awful lot of alone time with Brooks for a guy that he didn't like) and they saw some hookers. Brooks said "I wonder how much they charge". Ryan proceeded to clutch every pearl south of San Diego.

My favorite part is Billy's blank expression when Ryan was telling him the story, like he was waiting for the point that never came. This "Did he get a hooker? No? He made a bad joke? What are you talking about?" Good times!

• Love 8

The hooker story! Oh yeah. The convoluted, makes no sense, Ryan and Brianna are shady story.

How I remember it (with commentary): the family went to Vicki's place in Mexico (Brianna "I'm completely financially independent" has never turned down a free trip) and everybody was out to dinner or a bar or something. Ryan needed to go to the pharmacy (In Mexico! Random.That part still cracks me up) with Brooks (this was during the period where Ryan was spending an awful lot of alone time with Brooks for a guy that he didn't like) and they saw some hookers. Brooks said "I wonder how much they charge". Ryan proceeded to clutch every pearl south of San Diego.

My favorite part is Billy's blank expression when Ryan was telling him the story, like he was waiting for the point that never came. This "Did he get a hooker? No? He made a bad joke? What are you talking about?" Good times!

No wonder they call Ryan Mr. Housewife in the USMC.  Marines everywhere must have been just shocked at Brooks' comment.

• Love 2

My favorite part of the show is Billy's blank expression.

Ryan certainly did spend a lot of time with Brooks for someone he hated, didn't he?