Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Olivia was working my damn nerve today. Why is it her business that Julian/Alexis are engaged. And her pushy behavior over that hideous picture was annoying. 

Lol Sam falling was cheesy but cute. Glad that Sam and Danny are at the PH now. Finally Liez left Jason/Sam alone.

Dead zombie spawns hair is terrible. Why do the style it in that weird pointy thing at the top. Does the hospital not have daycare. 

• Love 8

Were we supposed to be proud of Liz that she left Jason alone when he was with Sam? Is this her getting redeemed already?

And, Liz, you should have gotten Jake a sitter if he's not in school for whatever reason. She works in a hospital so maybe that isn't the best place for Bring Your Child To Work Day.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 10

Were we supposed to be proud of Liz that she left Jason alone when he was with Sam? Is this her getting redeemed already?

I don't think her walking away is her redemption. Its her moving on, and knowing that her and Jason are over. There's no need to continue to destroy her for this couple after the lie, so I'm glad the writers are having Liz not chase after Jason.

• Love 6

I loved Jason and Sam's interaction. They're getting a lot more natural together. I wasn't bored while they were talking. Well, partly because Jason was talking about Robin, but whatever. Jason and Robin's friendship and connection is truly the one thing this show never fucked up. I loved how Jason told Sam that he quickly recognized Robin, that he had a vision of Robin, and that she was the reason he couldn't go through with Helena's orders. And Sam calling Robin his guardian angel. <3 So much love.

Anna/Robin were perfection. The acting, the love, the tears. Such a bond is what soaps are all about.

I teared up when Robin said she just wanted to start somewhere fresh and be normal. She'll get her dream home with Patrick and Emma. Sniff!

LOL @ Emma demanding Scrubs get married. Emma really did bring Patrick and Robin together from the start.

The previews! All my faves together! Tomorrow will be bittersweet. It truly is an end of an era.

• Love 8

I don't think her walking away is her redemption. Its her moving on, and knowing that her and Jason are over. There's no need to continue to destroy her for this couple after the lie, so I'm glad the writers are having Liz not chase after Jason.

I dunno about moving on.  If he said he wanted her back, she'd leap into his arms.  But at least this was a step in a less pathetic direction, though, of course, she's sadly taking those steps towards fuckin' Franco, inexplicably.

• Love 8

Although unrealistic since Robin has been in captivity for the last 4 years, I am excited that it seems like she is the one getting the CoS position. Taking away the whole captivity thing I think between her and Patrick she is better suited to the job.  Not to mention that some of scrubs most playful interactions were when she was his boss.

• Love 3

I dunno about moving on.  If he said he wanted her back, she'd leap into his arms.  But at least this was a step in a less pathetic direction, though, of course, she's sadly taking those steps towards fuckin' Franco, inexplicably.

Well yeah, if he told her he wanted to be with her again, she would do it, but she knows that isn't going to happen. She's not chasing after him and begging him to take her back, like in the past. 

I don't think she's walking towards Franco as anything but a way to help Jake. 

• Love 1

Although unrealistic since Robin has been in captivity for the last 4 years, I am excited that it seems like she is the one getting the CoS position. Taking away the whole captivity thing I think between her and Patrick she is better suited to the job. Not to mention that some of scrubs most playful interactions were when she was his boss.

Can I just say how much I love that they're gonna be working together again!? And with Noah!? It really is the perfect ending.

• Love 2

I don't think she's walking towards Franco as anything but a way to help Jake. 

Then she should be walking him towards a competent therapist, Kevin or Andre or someone who's not a SERIAL KILLER.

I wonder how real art therapists feel about this show allegeding their profession can be performed by any SERIAL KILLER idiot who turned his victims into art.

• Love 16

Dead Now Alive Jake is probably going to grow up to be a serial killer so it's kinda fitting that his art therapist is a serial killer. I wonder if Franco   Dead Now Alive Jake will give him tips on how to get away with murder. 

Fixed that for you.

Seriously, that kid is red-headed Michael levels of creepy scary.

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 4

I am going to assume Patrick learned from the last time she was CoS and doesn't cattily snark about Robin with the other hospital staff.  To give him credit he started out doing that when she was appointed CoS but ended up being pretty supportive.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Then she should be walking him towards a competent therapist, Kevin or Andre or someone who's not a SERIAL KILLER.

I wonder how real art therapists feel about this show allegeding their profession can be performed by any SERIAL KILLER idiot who turned his victims into art.

Oh I agree, and I would love for her to never speak to Franco again, but this show is determined to make this character happen.

• Love 1
Nina:  let's embrace this mess because everyone will think we're so edgy

I actually liked that she took charge instead of immediately wringing her hands and being useless.

No, unfortunately, I think were going to have Franco be the one to realize there's something wrong with the kid and save him and have Liz be grateful to him and garbage like that.

This is probably the case, regrettably for us. SERIAL KILLER WILL NOT HAPPEN, SHOW.

Dead zombie spawns hair is terrible. Why do the style it in that weird pointy thing at the top. Does the hospital not have daycare.

That might be a cowlick. They can be crazy. And Jake is 9, right? That's a little old for daycare. Liz should have parked him at poor Audrey's, but they he couldn't have had his meaningful moment with the SERIAL KILLER.

• Love 3

I can't wait until Alexis arranges a family portrait with the Davis girls, Julian, Lucas and Leo and forgets to invite Olivia…but drops off a big ass Glamourshots photo for Olivia to hang over her fireplace. And, hey most! Alexis and Julian's engagement is nunya…as in nunya business. You are the baby mama, that's it. Go bug your grown son about his Sonny tendencies instead of being butthurt that you weren't consulted about Julian putting a ring on it.

If only MSt was capable of saying her lines without repeating them 2-40 times…I might have enjoyed those Crimson scenes.

The Robin/Anna scenes were terrific.

I wish we'd seen Jordan and Andre's first date on NYE.

Jasam were pretty adorable, I am surprised that neither Liz nor Carly interrupted them.

• Love 10

I can't wait until Alexis arranges a family portrait with the Davis girls, Julian, Lucas and Leo and forgets to invite Olivia…but drops off a big ass Glamourshots photo for Olivia to hang over her fireplace.

Who's Lucas?

• Love 2

I saw a new scriptwriter wrote today, Dave Rupel. wiki says this:

General Hospital
Breakdown Writer: March 12, 2012 - April 27, 2012
Associate Head Writer: 1999 - 2001

He doesn't quite coincide with Megan McTavish's time as headwriter, which was april 2001 to June 2002.

I noticed there was a new scriptwriter. This ep wasn't bad, so maybe he's not a poo flinging monkey like the rest of them!

Oh I'm still waiting to be told that Curtis is her brother believe it or not. It's like a mystery of some sort. They tell us that Curtis is TJ's uncle and leaves it at that.

I'm pretty sure in the last scene Jordan and Curtis had I felt like they said or did something that pointed to them definitely not being siblings, but I can't quite remember what it was.

Are we gonna get a Anna/Andre/Jordan triangle? At first I was like UGH, but then I wondered if maybe they'd make it a quad with Curtis and ngl that vaguely interests me.

I was crying during the Robin/Anna scenes and when Emma said "Or my name wouldn't be Emma Scorpio Drake!" or whatever. I haven't even seen most of the history with this family but that shit got me. It got me good!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

WHY ISN'T ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO! IN THE WEDDING PREVIEW??!!!!!!

I am pretty sure he was in the promo for tomorrow's ep at least. But yea, dumb as hell to not include him in that wedding promo.

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)

I am pretty sure he was in the promo for tomorrow's ep at least. But yea, dumb as hell to not include him in that wedding promo.

He was? I'm going to have to go see again! Those stupid tears and the expressions on Anna and Patrick's faces when Emma said "...or my name isn't Emma!Scorpio-Drake!" distracted me!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Yeah, Robert is in the previews, so he's at the wedding. Damn, y'all, I'm gonna be a mess. And if they have flashbacks, I'm gonna be posting here through tears and bites of apple pie filling.

I'm right there with you.  I came back to the show most recently in late 2005 -- I was sucked in by the impending return of my former crush Noah Drake after 20-odd years, which coincided with Patrick's debut, and JT quickly became a favorite of mine and a big reason I stuck around.  Scrubs were really something special, and their heyday was the last time the hospital really felt like an integral part of the show, IMO. I'll miss their characters big time, and I know I'll be blubbering as they remarry and say goodbye.

• Love 14

I'm right there with you. I came back to the show most recently in late 2005 -- I was sucked in by the impending return of my former crush Noah Drake after 20-odd years, which coincided with Patrick's debut, and JT quickly became a favorite of mine and a big reason I stuck around. Scrubs were really something special, and their heyday was the last time the hospital really felt like an integral part of the show, IMO. I'll miss their characters big time, and I know I'll be blubbering as they remarry and say goodbye.

<3

Scrubs were just such an unexpected surprise. And it's so rare these days to find actors who truly love and care about their characters and their pairing. JT and KMc were so devoted to that ship. They were like a shippers dream, lol.

• Love 9

Considering the worship she heaps on her mother, the person whose footsie with Faison have cost her more than anything (including not knowing her dad for the first 7 years of her life, thinking her parents were dead for several years, and being kidnapped herself for two more years after that) it doesn't surprise me that she has forgiven Sonny and Jason.  What they have done is small potatoes compared to all of that.

When Anna play footsie with Faison?!?

He has been obsessed with and terrorized her for decades. Granted I didn't see the original story 'live', but I've seen at least almost all of the story over the years and I can't think of anytime Anna ever at least voluntarily returned his advances.

No, unfortunately, I think were going to have Franco be the one to realize there's something wrong with the kid and save him and have Liz be grateful to him and garbage like that.

Why is this freak still breathing? Has anyone told Jasus about what that sick freak did to Sam, Michael, and Liz?

He shouldn't have even been brought back at all, not even if Uncle Frank could have gotten Eddie Redmayne or some other award winning and truly talented actor for the part. Aside from being James Franco's project for school, the character died a real on-screen death and not a soap death.

I feel so sorry for Liz fans. I think the character could definitely come back from deceiving the lord almighty of port chuckles. But way she came come from cozzing up to the man who kidnapped her child. She isn't Carly; she isn't Teflon.

• Love 5

I noticed there was a new scriptwriter. This ep wasn't bad, so maybe he's not a poo flinging monkey like the rest of them!

I'm pretty sure in the last scene Jordan and Curtis had I felt like they said or did something that pointed to them definitely not being siblings, but I can't quite remember what it was.

Are we gonna get a Anna/Andre/Jordan triangle? At first I was like UGH, but then I wondered if maybe they'd make it a quad with Curtis and ngl that vaguely interests me.

I was crying during the Robin/Anna scenes and when Emma said "Or my name wouldn't be Emma Scorpio Drake!" or whatever. I haven't even seen most of the history with this family but that shit got me. It got me good!

The actress playing Jordan was on twitter flat out stating that Curtis was her brother-in-law.  Surprising since I always thought that actors were not allowed to utilize loose lips in order to talk about future stories or plot points that have not yet aired.  Again, they tell us that Curtis is related to TJ, but not one word uttered about Jordan's late husband from either of them.  Shouldn't Curtis be like, "I hate you you bitch for cheating on my brother with Shawn."  Speaking of Shawn, why would Curtis have ANYTHING to do with him?  Betrayal much?  I know Curtis is skeevy but still.

Edited by Syndicate

And, Liz, you should have gotten Jake a sitter if he's not in school for whatever reason. She works in a hospital so maybe that isn't the best place for Bring Your Child To Work Day.

She doesn't need to be redeemed, nobody save Sam, Carly and Sonny seem to give a shit about her lie.  How DOES Liz go to work every day being the town pariah?  Seriously, still don't get the point of this stupid fricking lie if NOTHING comes from it.  We even have Patrick  hugging her tomorrow and her gushing about his friendship.  So yeah, poor poor Liz, everyone HATES HER.

• Love 9

I dunno about moving on. If he said he wanted her back, she'd leap into his arms. But at least this was a step in a less pathetic direction, though, of course, she's sadly taking those steps towards fuckin' Franco, inexplicably.

Delurking to say, I agree. She and Franco have been sharing way too many scenes lately. He seems...intrigued by her.

How much you want to bet the next triangle will be Liz/Franco/Nina. Hell he's already blowing Nina off for Liz. Nina will continue to get pulled into her job at the magazine, will have less time for Franco and he'll spend his free time in Liz's face, which will cause problems in his relationship with Nina. Meanwhile, Sam and Jason will work their way back to each other but will have to deal with Franco being in Jake and Liz's life, which will put a strain on their reunion, along with Jake's mental issues.

I really liked the Jasam scenes today, very nice. I continue to be impressed with how much Sam has grown, which is how it should be. She's not the 20 something she was 10 years ago, whose entire life revolved around Jason. She's definitely more balanced now.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 10

And this same psycho also STOLE/KIDNAPPED Jake's baby brother so...sure, why the hell would Liz want to avoid allowing any of her womb birthed offspring around him?

He has crayons! The GOOD kind!!! YAY!! And a trashcan to play basketball in! WHOOO!!!

This show makes my logic bleed...

Olivia wanted Julian to think their ONS ,memento was dead and gone but mere months ago, yet now she's basically wanting he and Alexis to keep a room ready and not do anything in their personal lives without her approval both written and verbalized...what?

Who? Who is writing this junk? How can they think or believe or lie to themselves to the point that they actually think it makes sense?

Of course Sam goes up those stairs in her ankle breakers and Jason must catch her tiny self before she snaps, crackles, and pops.

I will say that I liked their conversation. Kelly and Billy keep clicking and they make the scenes tolerable.

I still think it's crap that after so many memory flashes that he's had over time it's as if they never happened, this shit is really dragging on for wayyyyyyyy too long at this point. But the scenes were sweet and at least Jason actually decided to spend time with his bloody spouse for once.

And if they could stop playing that awful, terrible song of theirs I'd be most appreciative.

Finola and Kim will always make the world right again in my mind when they share scenes.

I've rarely seen a mother and daughter onscreen duo that had such chemistry and connection as these two. They make me cry when they cry and that is very, very rare for me, but their scenes are so much more than merely Robin and Anna, but it's the two actresses who obviously adore and love and appreciate one another, and it's just special and nice and lovely to see.

She doesn't need to be redeemed, nobody save Sam, Carly and Sonny seem to give a shit about her lie.  How DOES Liz go to work every day being the town pariah?  Seriously, still don't get the point of this stupid fricking lie if NOTHING comes from it.  We even have Patrick  hugging her tomorrow and her gushing about his friendship.  So yeah, poor poor Liz, everyone HATES HER.

Preach it.

Frankly I still find it nauseating that not even Monica was given the opportunity to put Liz on full blast.

I didn't need her to back the bus over her a hundred times in a row, but what's the point of giving a character such a terrible secret to keep and then when they're exposed everyone and their Uncle Lou goes "Meh" and wandered about their usual business. And I am not saying Liz should be branded with a Scarlet Letter but ffs can someone at least do more than merely shrug and/or hug her?

That is not very soapy. In fact I think it's anti-soap. My mind just...boggles. Then again this show seems determined to do everything the opposite of good so I shouldn't be so surprised.

• Love 17

The actress playing Jordan was on twitter flat out stating that Curtis was her brother-in-law.  Surprising since I always thought that actors were not allowed to utilize loose lips in order to talk about future stories or plot points that have not yet aired.  Again, they tell us that Curtis is related to TJ, but not one word uttered about Jordan's late husband from either of them.  Shouldn't Curtis be like, "I hate you you bitch for cheating on my brother with Shawn."  Speaking of Shawn, why would Curtis have ANYTHING to do with him?  Betrayal much?  I know Curtis is skeevy but still.

No, no one knows/knew except Jordan, Shawn, TJ, and TJ's adopted dad, and he died before he got a chance to tell anyone probably.

I hate, hate the way Show continues to try to shove Franco down our throats. First, Obrecht gave him a job at the hospital, along with a tongue bath. Next we were treated to shirtless Franks and Neens passion scenes that must have been more fast-forwarded than any in history. Now we are supposed to believe that he would form new friendships with established PC characters (Liez) so he could be easily knitted up into the Jake/Jason story. Before you know it, he'll be giving Liez and Jason sage advice about raising Jake, thereby insideously worming his way into a central power vortex of the Show: Jason. There'll be no stopping Mr. Serial-Killier then.                                                                    

• Love 1

There was no need to write Liz finding out that Jake Doe was Jason in the first place.  I am glad TIIC are downplaying for the most part the entire fallout since it was OCC trash to begin with.  

The new writers are integrating Franco/RoHo and Nina/MSt with the rest of the show.  Franco was hired as an art therapist by crazy Dr. O, Liz is an artist and Jake clearly has issues from being with Helena the last four (not five!) years and there is no way in hell TIIC are going with a romantic Liz/Franco after being hammered for the OCC lie about Jason.  Franco/RoHo and Nina/MSt are clearly FV pets (IMO) and they will continue as a romantic pairing.

Sam the con once again falls into Jason's arms.  This woman is so NOT a ride or die chick!

I am going to miss the friendships between Liz, Patrick and Robin.  

• Love 10

Frankly I still find it nauseating that not even Monica was given the opportunity to put Liz on full blast.

I didn't need her to back the bus over her a hundred times in a row, but what's the point of giving a character such a terrible secret to keep and then when they're exposed everyone and their Uncle Lou goes "Meh" and wandered about their usual business. And I am not saying Liz should be branded with a Scarlet Letter but ffs can someone at least do more than merely shrug and/or hug her?

That is not very soapy. In fact I think it's anti-soap. My mind just...boggles. Then again this show seems determined to do everything the opposite of good so I shouldn't be so surprised.

Exactly.   AND WE HAVE YET TO SEE A SAM/NIKOLAS SCENE.....Like seriously....WTF?????   Her telling him 2 months ago that she "will never forgive him" IF he knew does not cut it.  It's just.....so baffling how lame this reveal and follow up has been. 

• Love 10

<3

Scrubs were just such an unexpected surprise. And it's so rare these days to find actors who truly love and care about their characters and their pairing. JT and KMc were so devoted to that ship. They were like a shippers dream, lol.

Scrubs, and the guest appearances by Robert & Anna were pretty much the only reasons I continued to watch since this show since late 2005. Okay, Megan Ward's bringing-peace-to-The-Middle-East hair and early Dante kept me watching too, but I ive been 'ride or die' for Scrubs since Robin & Patrick first met.

Fin & Kim made me tear up a bit today, and Emma & Patrick playing in the background were friggin adorable.

I'm so glad that Helena's hallucinogenic gas (*I tweeted it so its canon) finally wore off and Patrick has his real personality back!

• Love 6

No, no one knows/knew except Jordan, Shawn, TJ, and TJ's adopted dad, and he died before he got a chance to tell anyone probably.

I don't know if I can buy this, not with the smarts that Curtis has displayed so far.  I've gotten the impression that Curtis knows ALL about Jordan and she knows ALL about him.

Exactly.   AND WE HAVE YET TO SEE A SAM/NIKOLAS SCENE.....Like seriously....WTF?????   Her telling him 2 months ago that she "will never forgive him" IF he knew does not cut it.  It's just.....so baffling how lame this reveal and follow up has been. 

Every so called "big reveal" has been as flat as "Why Aren't You Still Dead?" Jake's monotone.

'Big' Jake is Jason!...fizzle.

Liz knew the truth months ago!...eh.

Nik has been in on it the whole time while acting like a total asshole!...and now what?

These story lines were weak from the get-go but they could have landed some kind of punch, some impact if done correctly. But they didn't do anything with them.

I'm annoyed all of that ever happened but I am far more annoyed about what's going on now with basically none of those "big reveals" meaning a damn thing.

• Love 8

"Danny and I just love this apartment", which is why I moved in with Alexis because I couldn't bear to be here.  Then I listed it for sale, forgetting to mention it to Jason, who might wish to live here. 

Dear writers, pick a story and stick to it.

• Love 8

Scrubs and the carrot-dangling of Robin vis a vis Patrick is the lone reason I have stuck with GH as long as I have. Long, long ago, I loved Emily and Zander; we see how that turned out. Then I was burned again with Ric and Alexis (yes, I liked them - sue me!) TWICE, and was about to stop watching then, but then I read about Noah and Robin's returns and how Noah's son was also coming aboard, and the rest is history.

And unlike the end of the other 'ships I loved, there is absolutely no one on now to fill the hole Scrubs' departure will leave. So I'm finally FREE and, at this juncture, am so damned grateful to be!

I'll miss KMc/JT/Brooklyn a bunch, but they so got the better end of the deal here. And I'm selfishly glad one 'ship of mine got the fabled HEA!

• Love 10

It truly is an end of an era.

This is exactly what I was thinking throughout Anna and Robin's scenes.  For a little bit there it felt like old school GH.  It is a reminder that this show could be good again, if only ABC would give a shit.

I'm really going to miss the Scorpio-Drakes.

• Love 15

Franco quoting Revenge of the Sith (a terrible SW movie) - or Star Wars at all - complete with terrible accent made me want to kill myself. They have to get over the idea that everything and anything Roger Howarth does regardless of character or context is gold. Also, look at Jake's "disturbing" drawings of a spooky house! They do need to recast Jake, I'll admit that. The kid is surprisingly naturalistic and easygoing when he's not asked to deliver dialogue, more than pretty much any other child on the show, but when he has to emote on cue it's another story entirely. They need to get a really good kid if they want to play real story about a traumatized and possibly brainwashed undead child. And I am so tired of these shows leaning on "Roger Howarth with Kids", a well that ran dry a long while ago.

Robin and Anna's scenes were wonderful, and you could tell Kim and Finola meant every word. There's been a few days recently where I think the few longtime writers (like Korte) have stepped in and sharpened some of the dialogue, like that whole thing with Robin talking about her life at GH vs. another hospital. You'd never have heard that with Ron and the Krew in full swing - she'd talk about missing the BLTs or something. (BTW, speaking of, can we put the BLT shit to rest as a whole pls)

As to other detritus: Nina and the Green Issue is so bizarre. How do you sell that? And the Olivia/Julian/Alexis subplot needs to stop now. It's awful nonsense. I like Andre Maddox but I don't care about him with Jordan.

When Scrubs are gone I am gone again; I may pop in to watch a bit of the freakshow here and there but I am not watching this crap regularly. It's just lame to bad, day after day. It was ridiculous a year ago but not this boring. It's a long, slow death spiral unless they make drastic and expensive changes which the show and network clearly have no interest in.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9