Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Curtis is a former Baltimore cop and he loathes Franco. Can't wait to see the story there.

I hope it contains flashbacks such as...

Curtis: Sooo, Robert...

Franco (in a whiny voice, a.k.a his always voice): It's Fraaannncccoooo.

Curtis: Whatever, Robert.

• Love 11

For something rushed as fuck, Robin and Patrick were nice. And for once I'll give the composer a compliment and say the music cue for when they got up off the couch was nice.

I really liked their scenes. I just watched them again, lol. I liked the call back to '08 when they were picking a date for the wedding and did the 1-2-3 thing. And Patrick saying he'll propose every NYE if he has to. And you know he will. Bwah.

And I have to say this about the rushed thing. To me, it's more aggravating because I want them to discuss her captivity and him not picking up clues and letting go in a sense. To me, that's what makes it rushed. Because at the end of the day, and I know Sam fans will disagree (cause I've seen their reaction on Twitter, lol) Samtrick is not some big story. I don't care that he was about to marry Sam or was just doing whatever with Sam. They had no substance. They talked about Jason. Scrubs' 10 year history is more important and will always be more important than that. Scrubs should have 8 weddings on Monday, for all I care.

• Love 10

LOL that Curtis is telling Hayden about being shot right outside the PCPD. Another in a long line of grossly indiscreet conversations.

Valerie's bangs are a hate crime against hair. Yuck. Me no likey.

When Robin was telling Jason about Stone bungee-jumping off the bridge, I remembered those scenes were so vividly. That was back when Luke was a decent guy—he's the one who arranged it.

I really liked the bridge stuff.

Maxie looked like she was wearing a pajama top when she was at Patrick's on Thursday. 

Johnny and Lulu... and, why the hell not?

Why not, indeed? 

I gather the college football playoffs are on ABC/ESPN on New Year's Eve? And it's about the national championship somehow? I didn't quite catch what was going on there.

Ugh, the Nina/Franco stuff was painful to watch. It's like some creeper is wooing a barely legal high schooler. Ew. But the Franco/Curtis scenes were very good. Heh.

Sonny's leg spasm was hilarious.

That countdown was the slowest thing I've ever heard.

• Love 6

Why is Johnny on the run again? Him and Lulu actually have really good chemistry. I wish he was sticking around.

Isn't he on the run for shooting an escaped fugitive? Can't he just claim self-defense or something?

Why is Johnny on the run again? Him and Lulu actually have really good chemistry. I wish he was sticking around.

Isn't he on the run for shooting an escaped fugitive? Can't he just claim self-defense or something?

Isn't he an escaped fugitive, too?  Given that whole storyline included Sonny in prison for killing AJ, aka Fatty McPorker, I, like the rest of Port Charles, has blocked all memory of it out.

Isn't he an escaped fugitive, too?  Given that whole storyline included Sonny in prison for killing AJ, aka Fatty McPorker, I, like the rest of Port Charles, has blocked all memory of it out.

Johnny was in prison for killing Anthony, then he was cleared of that crime (I forget who they said framed him for it), then when Julian/Ava/Franco/Sonny were escaping prison, Johnny shot Julian for some reason. 

By the way, I watched Twilight yesterday and wow, that was so bad GH looks great in comparison. Great episode today because of that!

• Love 3

I didn't think I'd ever seen worse acting than all those people trying to pretend they were watching football ("Yay! Sports game!") but then Lexi tried to play drunk.

Sonny's jimmy legs weren't exactly the best New Year's miracle, but whatever. I kind of wish they'd leave him in the chair and then whenever he starts yelling about something, they could wheel him into the corner and go on about their business.

Curtis talking about Franco's punk-ass face makes Curtis my new favorite forever.

• Love 8

OK, I legit tried to watch for the first time in a looooooooooooooong time out of some residual loyalty to the child of Anna Devane and Robert Scorpio, and I can't even pick the best expletive to use here. I lasted through the fact that there is a college football playoff game being aired on New Year's. I'm not sure if you heard about that; very subtle. I then saw a middle-aged serial killer tell his middle-aged girlfriend, who behaves like a tween, that she was HAWT. I would have cracked up and left if a frat guy had told me that when I was 18; I don't know who thinks that's cute  but they need to stop. Yeah, those 45 seconds were about my limit.

Because at the end of the day, and I know Sam fans will disagree (cause I've seen their reaction on Twitter, lol) Samtrick is not some big story. I don't care that he was about to marry Sam or was just doing whatever with Sam. They had no substance. They talked about Jason. Scrubs' 10 year history is more important and will always be more important than that. Scrubs should have 8 weddings on Monday, for all I care.

I wholeheartedly agree; I felt the same way about Patrick /Sabrina.

I do think they could've been compelling as friends who'd both lost the lives the wanted and the people they loved who tried to build something to avoid being alone - then all they'd have to sell was friendship instead of some love for the ages. But then there should've been just as many discussions of Robin as there were of Jason and an awareness of what the relationship actually was

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Why?  KeMo asked to work with JT and she got her wish, so BH was paired up with BM, IMO.

That is really not true. I remember KeMO asked to work with JT before BM came on the show. She was happy to work with him after BM came but she doesn't have that much sway over storylines that was all ReRon and his one year plan to the alter.

It just makes me laugh when people make it out to be KeMo and Sam's fault on things that are not clearly her fault. But whatever! I am done with this topic. 

• Love 7

I totally thought Kristina and Michael were going to kiss.

LMAO but same.

Johnny and Lulu... and, why the hell not? Val and Dillon. That leaves Dante to stand around wondering what the hell happened.

I'm down for this tbh. Dante is pretty much deadtome at this point anyway.

Johnny shot Julian for some reason. 

Does he really need a reason?

This ep wasn't bad.

Curtis is a delight tbh. Anyone who hates Franco is a-ok with me. I'm interested in his backstory.

JOHNNY/LULU YESSSSSSSSS! I miss when BB didn't play Johnny as such a caricature, but I still love him. His face and walking away when Curtis said he was a cop was awesome.

The college football stuff was all so embarrassing, but in a kinda cute way.

I hate myself for this but I really like the Sam/Jason scenes. The only time BM is bearable to me is when he's with KeMo. And KeMo just comes alive with him and I much prefer her when she's smiling and joyful as opposed to mopey and monotone.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I wholeheartedly agree; I felt the same way about Patrick /Sabrina.

I do think they could've been compelling as friends who'd both lost the lives the wanted and the people they loved who tried to build something to avoid being alone - then all they'd have to sell was friendship instead of some love for the ages. But then there should've been just as many discussions of Robin as there were of Jason and an awareness of what the relationship actually was

And that's the thing. There's so many coulda, woulda, shoulda's attached to Samtrick and how they could have been this supercouple....which...to each their own. But it's all irrelevant. The fact is, they weren't. The fact is, the characters never got to know each other! Sam never knew Real!Patrick! The cocky competitive asshole. She didn't know about his history with his dad, mother, Robin. They never had these conversations! Sam never knew a thing about Scrubs from Patrick's mouth. Like, that's crazy. So that's why I can't sit here and pretend like Samtrick should have been Patrick's exit story or he should have just left sad about her and pining for her. He spent 10 YEARS in Robin's orbit, some how, some way. Of course his ending is going to be about HER and THEM.

• Love 6

I totally thought Kristina and Michael were going to kiss.

1) The Actors have always had chemisty

2) The Characters are not really related

3) Even if they were she is a Cassadine

So go for it. If just to watch Carly wet her pants

• Love 8

And that's the thing. There's so many coulda, woulda, shoulda's attached to Samtrick and how they could have been this supercouple....which...to each their own. But it's all irrelevant. The fact is, they weren't. The fact is, the characters never got to know each other! Sam never knew Real!Patrick! The cocky competitive asshole. She didn't know about his history with his dad, mother, Robin. They never had these conversations! Sam never knew a thing about Scrubs from Patrick's mouth. Like, that's crazy. So that's why I can't sit here and pretend like Samtrick should have been Patrick's exit story or he should have just left sad about her and pining for her. He spent 10 YEARS in Robin's orbit, some how, some way. Of course his ending is going to be about HER and THEM.

Samtrick was always pathetic because it was almost always about Sam and her love for Jason. I mean, the first time Samtrick had sex, the aftermath was all about Jason and that stupid trinket. I can't believe Patrick would just sit there and let her moan on about Jason without telling her to shut up. The real Patrick would have hated that shit, and told Sam to either get over it, or get out of his bed.

• Love 6

My only visceral reaction to Kristina/Michael is eeeeeeeeeewwwwwww. I don't care if no biology is involved. I don't care if they have any sort of chemistry. I don't care if there are no other viable love interests for them.

They call the same moobster "Dad". They were raised as siblings since Kristina was small. It's gross. It's still quasi-incest to me. No. I can understand Michael not wanting Sobby anymore or wanting more than Kiki. But no.

Bring on some NuChick then, please!

• Love 2

Well, yes. That (and the lack of chemistry) was my primary complaint about the relationship. There was never an attempt made to build any sort of foundation or connection so all this closure just seems ridiculous.

I don't think they could or should've been a significant couple, let alone a super couple but they could've been watchable if the focus had been friendship instead of their non-existent romantic/sexual chemistry

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

My only visceral reaction to Kristina/Michael is eeeeeeeeeewwwwwww. I don't care if no biology is involved. I don't care if they have any sort of chemistry. I don't care if there are no other viable love interests for them.

Word of advice: never watch The Bold and the Beautiful.

• Love 10

To me Jason and Sam was just so contrived and forced. Jason went from having no feelings for her, other than friendship to basically almost kissing her overnight. Its happening way to fast considering that Jason wanted to spend his life with Liz a few weeks ago, and this week, Sam was talking about how much she loved Patrick and their little family. 

Oh ok. I blocked those scenes out because I found them so disgusting.

It is the only way that JaSam has every worked.  Sam fell out of the sky in her panties just as Jason was walking by in 2009!

• Love 1

Well, yes. That (and the lack of chemistry) were my primary complaints about the relationship. There was never an attempt made to build any sort of foundation or connection so all this closure just seems ridiculous.

I don't think they could or should've been a significant couple, let alone a super couple but they could've been watchable if the focus had been friendship instead of their non-existent romantic/sexual chemistry

I agree. I guess I'm ultimately saying that I get that Scrubs is rushed, but not because of Sam. She's a blip in Patrick's history, no matter how many "goodbyes" they have. It is what it is.

On another note, I loved this line today..."Truthfully, Robin, there's only one person I want to spend everyday with." Something about the way he said it, too.

• Love 4

I dont think Sam and Jason are moving too fast. I think the opposite. After watching him play house with Liez for a year eating yougurt I thought the flirty scenes playing pool was a welcome change.

Sam had zero romantic interest in Jake Doe until she found his name was really Jason Morgan. Sam would still be with Patrick if not for the "lie" about Jake's real identity.

That is really not true. I remember KeMO asked to work with JT before BM came on the show. She was happy to work with him after BM came but she doesn't have that much sway over storylines that was all ReRon and his one year plan to the alter.

It just makes me laugh when people make it out to be KeMo and Sam's fault on things that are not clearly her fault. But whatever! I am done with this topic.

Kelly asked to work with JT and she got her story with Patrick instead of probably McBain/ME. Liz/BH was paired up with BM.
  • Love 2

And Billy was right back to mumbling opposite Kelly today.

My expectations for all Scrubs scenes are low, that I was genuinely shocked and happy that we got as much as we did. And all the credit goes to Jason & Kimberly.

I was thinking while watching their scenes today, I've never been one to buy into or even care about 'actor A and actor B are screwing' or 'actor E is secretly in love with actor F' or whatever, but I will always that at least at one point Jason was romantically in love with Kimberly. The things he said about her, at least publicly, are just not things says about someone they love just platonically. And the things she said about him, I think it was only platonic love.

I hope it contains flashbacks such as...

Curtis: Sooo, Robert...

Franco (in a whiny voice, a.k.a his always voice): It's Fraaannncccoooo.

Curtis: Whatever, Robert.

Their is only one "Robert" on GH. That rapist seriel killer can go by any other name.

1) The Actors have always had chemisty

2) The Characters are not really related

3) Even if they were she is a Cassadine

So go for it. If just to watch Carly wet her pants

I still think that at one point Guza was going there with Drew's Michael and Lexi's Kristina.

• Love 3

Couldn't they pick a less annoying "truth-teller"?  And how, exactly, is his blind love for KillerJason even helpful to NuJason grappling with his "I-can't-believe-I-am-such-a-violent-person" inner turmoil?

Spinelli is a caricature, much in the same vein that some soap villains are, but he's neither amusing nor even campy, as one would expect a caricature to be.

Those of us who were classically trained might recognize in Spinelli (the naive nerd, the truth-teller, the caricature) a derivative of the ancient Silenus of Greek mythology, a teacher and companion to the wine-god Dionysus. In Plato's Symposium, the speaker Alcibiades talks about the metaphor of a Silenus, which is ugly, odd, and clumsy creature on the outside, but is actually intoxicated with wisdom from golden statues of the gods inside him. (Alcibiades is praising Socrates, who is ugly on the outside but very loveable because he ironically carries so much truth-telling wisdom inside himself.) Spinelli's odd, overly formal speech and unusual physical appearance (his bugged-out eyes and squirming body language) mark him as a very odd human on the outside, but in these recent GH scenes he is a truth-teller and tutor to the show's major hero (Jason).  The metaphor is ironic: ugliness and oddness can hide wisdom, and wise heroes should not be fooled by silliness, unattractive appearance, and repulsive behavior.)

• Love 3

Sam had zero romantic interest in Jake Doe until she found his name was really Jason Morgan. Sam would still be with Patrick if not for the "lie" about Jake's real identity.

Why is Sam supposed to be indifferent to her back from the dead husband - who is also the father of her child and the man with whom she planned to spend the rest of her life?

How is this argument being made at the same time it's being acknowledged that it's ridiculous that Patrick isn't completely focused on Robin?

Am I missing something? 

• Love 11

Those of us who were classically trained might recognize in Spinelli (the naive nerd, the truth-teller, the caricature) a derivative of the ancient Silenus of Greek mythology, a teacher and companion to the wine-god Dionysus. In Plato's Symposium, the speaker Alcibiades talks about the metaphor of a Silenus, which is ugly, odd, and clumsy creature on the outside, but is actually intoxicated with wisdom from golden statues of the gods inside him. (Alcibiades is praising Socrates, who is ugly on the outside but very loveable because he ironically carries so much truth-telling wisdom inside himself.) Spinelli's odd, overly formal speech and unusual physical appearance (his bugged-out eyes and squirming body language) mark him as a very odd human on the outside, but in these recent GH scenes he is a truth-teller and tutor to the show's major hero (Jason).  The metaphor is ironic: ugliness and oddness can hide wisdom, and wise heroes should not be fooled by silliness, unattractive appearance, and repulsive behavior.)

I always thought Spinbitch was modeled after Jar-Jar Binks, a stupid dellusional motherfucker who was so fucking stupid and obnxious that he literally destroyed a democracy and handed in very infinitesimal power to the second greatest evil in the galaxy.

Of course, there are those theories that Jar-Jar Binks was and is the greatest evil in the galaxy, Darth Plageuis.

Spinbitch's looks have nothing to do with my absolute hatred of him. He's so ugly on the inside that his looks don't matter.

• Love 4

Robin went right to Jason and told him what she had done. Carly got exactly what she deserved.

Confession's good for the soul I guess, except Little-Miss-High-and-Mighty did the same thing with Nik/Jax and John/Spencer.  She's the moral arbiter.  Let's build a statue to her saintly goodness.  /sarcasm.  

Yes, Carly might have deserved everything she got, but Michael sure as hell didn't.  

• Love 1

Michael would've adjusted. And Even when he was a SLS, he didn't deserve to be shot in the head for standing near Sonny

And AJ's very first reaction was:   "Michael isn't Jason's son. .... If he's my son... then he's mine to love."

That says a lot about AJ especially since it's not a sentiment I ever heard from Carly, Sonny or Jasus

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

Confession's good for the soul I guess, except Little-Miss-High-and-Mighty did the same thing with Nik/Jax and John/Spencer.  She's the moral arbiter.  Let's build a statue to her saintly goodness.  /sarcasm.  

Yes, Carly might have deserved everything she got, but Michael sure as hell didn't.  

The only people who hurt Michael in that situation were Carly, Jason and Sonny. Michael deserved to know his real father. 

• Love 10

I dont think Sam and Jason are moving too fast. I think the opposite. After watching him play house with Liez for a year eating yougurt I thought the flirty scenes playing pool was a welcome change.

I loved them.  I thought the last scene was smoking hot, Jason was looking at her so intensely....I am glad they didn't kiss though.  They need to take it slow and rebuild what they had.  They both just broke it off with other people, they need a little time.

Why is Sam supposed to be indifferent to her back from the dead husband - who is also the father of her child and the man with whom she planned to spend the rest of her life?

Not to mention the fact that when Jake and Sam actually became friendly, they were both with other people....So they never really got a chance to feel anything else for each other besides friendship....

I loved Sam buttoning up Kristina's jacket.  LOL....

• Love 15

Yeah Sam's little oopsie fall into Jason's arms was contrived as hell but um, what the hell isn't contrived on soap operas? Soap operas were practically built on contrivance so for me that stuff is just easy to shrug and ignore. Personally, as I've said, I kind of love how Sam is handling this whole thing and I think it's working for her. Yes you can tell a part of her wants so badly for Jason to magically remember everything and fall back into her arms but she's realistic that it's not happening right now and she's playing it fairly cool.

Was she flirting, of course but I'm with others in why shouldn't she be allowed to flirt with her husband whether or not he remembers their life together. Especially when he's flirting right back. Plus Jason was the one who told Sam them being "just friends" wasn't entirely realistic and instead they should just be and play it by ear and that seems to be what they're doing and so far it's working for me. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 20

Michael would've adjusted. And Even when he was a SLS, he didn't deserve to be shot in the head for standing near Sonny

And AJ's very first reaction was: "Michael isn't Jason's son. .... If he's my son... then he's mine to love."

That says a lot about AJ especially since it's not a sentiment I ever heard from Carly, Sonny or Jasus

Even now with the renewed Sonny worship he's never said it would have been better if he had never known AJ.

• Love 5

LMAO but same.

I'm down for this tbh. Dante is pretty much deadtome at this point anyway.

Does he really need a reason?

This ep wasn't bad.

Curtis is a delight tbh. Anyone who hates Franco is a-ok with me. I'm interested in his backstory.

JOHNNY/LULU YESSSSSSSSS! I miss when BB didn't play Johnny as such a caricature, but I still love him. His face and walking away when Curtis said he was a cop was awesome.

The college football stuff was all so embarrassing, but in a kinda cute way.

I hate myself for this but I really like the Sam/Jason scenes. The only time BM is bearable to me is when he's with KeMo. And KeMo just comes alive with him and I much prefer her when she's smiling and joyful as opposed to mopey and monotone.

Edited by Syndicate

Ugh. This show. I watched the Robin/Jason and Robin/Patrick scenes. Everything else was ff material. Can't stand Nina/Franco - God - hate Emme's version of Lulu (although I love Johnny), drop dead Valerie (although I *love* her bangs) - she looks amazing - couldn't give a shit about CarSon.

And I see by the newish credits that CarSon are the final photo. Bleh. Those people are *not* the stars. Nor the super couple. Maybe the superpuke.

• Love 1

I fail to understand how Robin is the villain in all this. Patrick had broken up with Sam before he decided to go to Paris to take Emma to see her. Before he found out that something was hinky and that she had been taken.

I mean how dare she be a hostage who was finally freed after years of torture; physical and mental. She's got some nerve, being under the thumbs of the likes of Helena, Victor and Jerry, doing their bidding, so that Emma, Patrick and her loved ones will remain safe.  Victor was following her around, so there was no time for her to tell Sam about Jason. What could she say? That he was zombified and that she was being threatened and blackmailed to revive him, and even that she wasn't sure she could do or succeed in bringing him back to life? When she broke down and told Patrick, Victor showed up, because his ass had bugged their home. He was following Robin all over town, which is why I believe Robin said what she did to Anna--that she was leaving to do a good thing; the right thing. But that's all past.

As for Robin telling Nik about Spencer? Oh, the horror. Telling a good friend that his wife's child was his child (even though, timewise, it should have been Jax's). And this was the second time in less than 10 years, that Cujo was part of a paternity lie, and she thought that Jax should have raised this kid because she wanted to get into his pants. And we know what happened there: she never put Jax first. Cheated on him with that midgety moobster to ease his paaaain.

Personally, between Sam, Patrick and Robin, I don't see any villains. Why does there need to be one? Sam loves Jason; has always loved Jason. Everyone knew they were endgame, and that when it was revealed that Jake Doe was in fact, Jason, she would go to him at the end.

And OMG! where are the torches? Robin and Jason actually had a nice conversation, so of course it means she's a hypocrite and a liar for not overloading Jason with information that would mean nothing to him.  

Robin lost a total of four years of her life away from her daughter and husband; the first two because of that psychotic whackjob Faison; and then the last two because of the Cassadines. And this time, lost her husband.  She sacrificed her life so that Jason could return to his family and be a father to Danny and husband to Sam. She wasn't doing it so Jason would be her own personal love slave. But due to plot contirivance, Ava hit Jason, messing up his face, so he no longer had the face everyone knew and loved/hated. Let's just blame that on Robin as well, for not personally walking Jason to Sonny's door, instead of trying to get to Patrick, only to be waylaid by Helena. There is no end to Robin's manipulations and deceit.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12

Johnny was in prison for killing Anthony, then he was cleared of that crime (I forget who they said framed him for it)

I think they pinned it on that cop Delores, who had disappeared into the ether months before.

To be fair on Nik/Jax thing:  Maxie found out first and went to Robin with it.

• Love 1

I forgot the chime in with the Curtis love.  I was meh on him before, but anyone that hates Franco is great in my book.

Oh, and I want Johnny to stick around for good.  

my "Dante Must Suffer" agenda aside, Johnny's smile when Lulu when back for the kiss was pretty cute.

• Love 2