Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

When did Johnny get so awesomely funny? I don't know if I'd watch Robin and Jerry for an hour, but I'd definitely watch Johnny mocking Dollar Store Dillon for an hour.

I had the same thought. Brandon just seemed to be loose and having fun. He was a complete breath of fresh air.

• Love 7
Patrick has never been good at breaking difficult news to Emma.

He was pretty awesome telling Emma at a July 4th barbecue (Britt burned her doll) that he was getting divorced.  Now quit your whining Emma and enjoy the fireworks.

Dante is stringing her along.

Not too much.  He pretty much told her that he couldn't commit with her beyond anything more than acknowledging that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.  

Pretty awesome look from nuLulu when she told Johnny that the original plan was a go.  Old Lulu is playing a surgeon on a prime time show.

Of course, show has wasted the last two contract medical staff on Jason.  Just seeing Jason and Sonny and Carly in the preview ruined the satisfaction of watching a good episode of this dreck.  No medical staff left and the disgusting Jason/Sonny/Carly worship begins again. 

Edited by sunnyface

P3pp3rb1rd, I find your take on the Lulu/Dante/Valerie/Olivia story very interesting, and I would love to see a story that tries to connect the dots and suggest that Dante didn't just "end up" with a shrill, overbearing, emasculating woman because she was blond and pretty -- that he was drawn to a type that was familiar, and now he is in retreat from it. But I would not have confidence in the present writers of General Hospital (or, for that matter, any of the recent past ones) to do justice to anything with psychological nuances. 

• Love 1
Yeah, no way is Helena really dead.  I still think the show is going to do something with Helena cursing Sam and we'll see her again then.

I can't imagine that was the way they'd kill of Helena, but on the other hand, so many things on this fakakta show have been badly mishandled.

• Love 2

I will join the the chorus of those let down by Lake scenes. BH was great but BM only had anger and his delivery was a little flat. I wanted more, so much more its been over half a year of lies come on show!  Samtrick/Emma stole the show for me. I became pretty indifferent to Samtrick over the months but their scenes yesterday were so well done. Kudos to JT and KeMO and little Brooklyn I teared up at Emma's reaction to the split up. Understandable she wants her mommy, would have liked more of that acknowledgement throughout the time her mommy has been gone *sigh*. I will miss Patrick won't lie and he's been horribly underused so don't blame JT jumping ship, Patrick was never meant to be Sam's purse holder. Scrubs reuniting is the best possible outcome at this stage even though its so abrupt and out of the blue. 

Oh Dante, I just can't with you. Get your crap together and stay away from Val. At least figure out what the hell you want to do about your marriage, geesh. Lurved the Johnny and Lulu scenes, he remains awesome hope he stays awhile this time.

No Sonny again, win episode on that alone.

• Love 7

I thought "baby aspirin" always was acetaminophen? At least when I was growing up it was, I don't think aspirin came in a liquid form. I do remember when Tylenol started getting popular, I referred to it as baby aspirin. The little 81mg tablets of aspirin they sell now for daily therapy are new, I don't think those were ever considered a child-sized dose.

Oh it existed. Tasted like orange and to this day I hate that taste...

7b1988d8aa2a41666b88c86d6eab1543.jpg

• Love 2

P3pp3rb1rd, I find your take on the Lulu/Dante/Valerie/Olivia story very interesting, and I would love to see a story that tries to connect the dots and suggest that Dante didn't just "end up" with a shrill, overbearing, emasculating woman because she was blond and pretty -- that he was drawn to a type that was familiar, and now he is in retreat from it. But I would not have confidence in the present writers of General Hospital (or, for that matter, any of the recent past ones) to do justice to anything with psychological nuances. 

Except for the whole Baby Georgie episode, where she was unbearable (though RC made it a point to have all the women  look like shit while the menfolk got to be the calm rational ones) I think Lulu has never been overbearing, emasculating or shrill towards Dante and if anything, Dante has been just as territorial of Lulu, see his dealings with Johnny. She has a bit of a backbone like Olivia, but she would use it on anyone else that she perceived as a threat to Dante (which unfortunately, included Lucky). Since they started going out, Lulu as acted and I think said I she doesn't deserve. If anything, Valerie is acting exactly like Lulu often did early in the Lante relationship, especially the first couple years, while Lulu is rightfully pissed at and has to focus on their shared son, while Valerie doesn't have the obligation. 

• Love 7

Kimberly, Seb, Brooklyn, and Becky were excellent yesterday. But Billy and the production values . . . Oy vey . . .

I was thinking it would be hilarious if she won an Emmy next year, and he did not. He'd probably be like "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?? Did they misspell my name after the first two letters??"

I was thinking it would be hilarious if she won an Emmy next year, and he did not. He'd probably be like "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?? Did they misspell my name after the first two letters??"

The funny, scary, and ultimately sad thing about this is that I can actually see it happening.

Actually, what'll happen is that Kelly will rush the stage ala Kanye and declare that "Bry-dog had one of the best performances of all time, all-time." And then Bry-dog, instead of looking rightfully embarrassed like Beyonce did, will be fist-pumping and then probably turn around towards the Y&R folks to flick off Jason.

And then hopefully Kim will show Kelly & Bry-dog who the real 'tiny ninja' is.

• Love 1

Sebastian Roche -- wowza.

Would listen to him read the phone book for one hour. Smoldering.

SR appearances continues to be the best kept secret on this show, but Brooklyn broke my heart so much, I want Future Emma going Full Metal Beatrix Kiddo on Jerry, with help from Future Cam, Future Original Sonny-Loathing Joss, and Future Spencer.

SR appearances continues to be the best kept secret on this show, but Brooklyn broke my heart so much, I want Future Emma going Full Metal Beatrix Kiddo on Jerry, with help from Future Cam, Future Original Sonny-Loathing Joss, and Future Spencer.

I was going to like this post, but, I'm sorry to say, you almost lost me at Future Cam, and I was definitely lost at Future Spencer.

Future Emma can handle geriatric Jerry on her own.  But Joss providing assistance or commentary would be a bonus.

• Love 2

I was going to like this post, but, I'm sorry to say, you almost lost me at Future Cam, and I was definitely lost at Future Spencer.

Future Emma can handle geriatric Jerry on her own.  But Joss providing assistance or commentary would be a bonus.

Future Spencer would carry on the fine Cassadine tradition of technical support, and Future Cam would provide explosives due to his firebug tendancies.

Don't worry. Future Spencer wouldn't sparkle.

• Love 1

Just seeing Jason and Sonny and Carly in the preview ruined the satisfaction of watching a good episode of this dreck.

I was almost more disheartened to see that we're getting more of Bryan Craig's Emmy reel Morgan's bipolar crap and more of this show's attempts to make Kiki happen.

• Love 2

If anything, Valerie is acting exactly like Lulu often did early in the Lante relationship, especially the first couple years

Yes and no. I think Valerie and Lulu when Lante started are/were both needy and in need of support; but Lulu pushed Dante away and didn't make it easy for him and joked around and made jokes to take down his arrogance down a notch or two; Valerie is just there to massage his ego 24/7 pretty much.

As far Lulu bossing him around, there have been times where he's seemed kind of a pushover but I think it's on points where he's been willing to give in. If he doesn't like something, he's put his foot down; he's no wilting flower. When she wanted him to take a desk job when he was recovering, he wouldn't even do that for a little while; they broke up because he wasn't willing to compromise. She came to him after that and told him let him have his way on that. Before they got married he was the one who insisted they get married on the spot in NYC. When she wanted to leave him after they lost Georgie he said "no you're not leaving" and even though she left he didn't take the blame and say it was his fault. She even admitted his not lying wasn't even the root of the issue, but the fact that she felt guilty she couldn't give him children.

Neither has Lulu been some pregnant barefoot housewife, nor has she been some shrieking fishwife, and neither has Dante been some caveman husband or a henpecked one. Sometimes things have been one sided but there has been an equal push and pull over the years.

• Love 14
there has been an equal push and pull over the years

That's what made them a decent couple, IMO. They both worked at the relationship; unlike now, when Dante has just given up because Lulu won't get over his affair with her cousin quickly enough.

• Love 14

Carly amused me when she said she didnt even have to do anything for Liz/Jason to break up. 

Liz going to the door every time she hears a car was pathetic.

I liked Sam having scenes with her parents. Ironic that Julian is anti Jason/Sam. Considering his mob ties. 

• Love 7

Things that made me stabby about today's episode

- Sonny weighing in on who should or should not be forgiven for their actions given how he inexplicably was forgiven for murdering his son's biological father.

- Kiki's nonsensical explanation as to why Morgan was totes forgiven for Le Affair de Denise, but not Ava.

- Liz saying her boys no longer have a dad now that Jason's not giving her mob peen anymore (psst, Liz?  Their dad IS LUCKY!!!).

- Carly.

• Love 8

So Elizabeth "lost everything" when Jason found out the truth?  She lost her kids, her family, her house, her job, her health (well, we do know she lost her mental health a long time ago)...  What's that you say?  She still has all of that, she just lost Jason?  Well, Jason is everything.

Please, Show, leave us not return to the Unholy Trinity.  I, personally, couldn't stomach it, and I'm not sure your ratings could either.

Meanwhile, Kiki's first day on the job.  Working hard!  Oy.  It pays to be in with the boss.  Me, I find it inexplicable that Carly hasn't torn Kiki to pieces a long time ago.

• Love 15

Things that made me stabby about today's episode

- Sonny weighing in on who should or should not be forgiven for their actions given how he inexplicably was forgiven for murdering his son's biological father.

- Kiki's nonsensical explanation as to why Morgan was totes forgiven for Le Affair de Denise, but not Ava.

- Liz saying her boys no longer have a dad now that Jason's not giving her mob peen anymore (psst, Liz?  Their dad IS LUCKY!!!).

- Carly.

Their dad is Lucky?  Where exactly is he? Lucky is not in their lives. Skyping once a week doesn't make someone, someone's father.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 3

For once, I can relate to Sam. When you get dumped and feel humiliated, even when the other person is right, it's much easier to save face and try to make it sound like you broke up together or that it was an agreed upon parting of the ways.

Carly's complete glee and almost orgasmic 'he's coming back to us!' reaction was both hilarious and disturbing.  I mean, no love for the dude who just got his life ripped apart, Carly? None at all?

I never get tired of the way Sonny and/or Carly talk about their miracle love story for the ages. They never let me down.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 1

Their dad is Lucky?  Where exactly is he? Lucky is not in their lives. Skyping once a week doesn't make someone, someone's father.

Lucky's off-screen because the actor left the show, he didn't cease to exist.  And his legal rights, preexisting relationships, and, in Aidan's case, biological ties don't evaporate because mommy's scheming for mob peen.

And either man aside, I continue to find it gross that Liz seems to think she needed Jason to make a family with her boys.  Liz, you're their mother, the four of you are already a family.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 23

Up until four years ago, yes, Lucky was very much in their lives. Jason? For all of seven months, if that. seven months. So yes, Lucky is their father.  It's just too bad he got the Frisco treatment, which was quickly followed by Robin getting the Frisco treatment as well, even though she's not gone by choice.

• Love 23

Lucky's off-screen because the actor left the show, he didn't cease to exist.  And his legal rights and, in Aidan's case, biological ties don't evaporate because mommy's scheming for mob peen.

And either man aside, I continue to find it gross that Liz seems to think she needed Jason to make a family with her boys.  Liz, you're their mother, the four of you are already a family.

The actor being offscreen, means that Lucky is offscreen. He may be their father legally, although he never adopted Cam, so he has no legal rights to him, but he is not their father in any way that matters. Those boys barely know he exists.

Up until four years ago, yes, Lucky was very much in their lives. Jason? For all of seven months, if that. seven months. So yes, Lucky is their father.  It's just too bad he got the Frisco treatment, which was quickly followed by Robin getting the Frisco treatment as well, even though she's not gone by choice.

Once Lucky abandoned them, he ceased being their father in any way other then on paper. I'll gladly take Jason not being in their lives, but at this point, he's been more of a father to those boys than Lucky has. Lucky barely knows Aiden, and he couldn't even bother sticking around after finding out Jake was alive.

I will never understand why Lucky gets some magical free pass instead of being called what he is, a dead beat dad. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 3

Those boys barely know he exists.

Aidan certainly didn't treat Lucky like a stranger during his brief visit.

And I agree with GHScopriosRule, I dunno how Jason's seven months with them is supposed to hold more weight than the years Lucky was actively a father to them, even if he's getting the Frisco/Robin treatment right now.

• Love 15

Liez is so fucking dramatic. Smelling Jason's clothes like a crazy loser.  And you didn't lose "everything", you stupid baboon. You still have you're kids that you can ignore, your job that you hardly ever go to, and a house to live in. Besides, Ric will come sniffing around eventually so you can hump him until you get distracted by another penis. STFU, freak. And STFU again for trying to act like Lucky doesn't exist. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 24

Aidan certainly didn't treat Lucky like a stranger during his brief visit.

And I agree with GHScopriosRule, I dunno how Jason's seven months with them is supposed to hold more weight than the years Lucky was actively a father to them, even if he's getting the Frisco/Robin treatment right now.

Aiden knows who he is, but I doubt that Lucky knows anything about Aiden's day to day life. He's been gone basically his whole life. 

Cam and Jake have no real relationship with Lucky anymore. Lucky is their father on paper only. I think that Jason has been more of a father to Aiden then Lucky ever has.Lucky is a deadbeat, and should be treated as such. 

Jason should have been treated as one too, but the show will never make him out to be wrong.

I'm not saying Lucky is Dad of the Year at the moment.  But that doesn't change him being THEIR DAD.  Nor does it give Liz the right to offer them up to Jason to appease her confused kid and cover her lies.

But I'll agree to disagree.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15

I never get tired of the way Sonny and/or Carly talk about their miracle love story for the ages. They never let me down.

Would that be their miracle love story with each other or their co-love story with Jason?

Ugh, he hasn't shown a scintilla of remembering either of those two hideous people and I'm already dreading the inevitable return of that three-headed beast.

• Love 5

Liez is so fucking dramatic. Smelling Jason's clothes like a crazy loser. And you didn't lose "everything", you stupid baboon. You still have you're kids that you can ignore, your job that you hardly ever go to, and a house to live in. Besides, Ric will come sniffing around eventually so you can hump him until you get distracted by another penis. STFU, freak. And STFU again for trying to act like Lucky doesn't exist.

Lol!!!

These post give me life!!!

• Love 10

Petty assholes. How hard would have been to have Lucky live out of state and to have visitation with the boys? Not very. When a random kid goes missing, like say Cam and Aidan at Thanksgiving. As much as I love Mac and his relationship with the girls, I do hate how they wrote of Frisco. 

• Love 6

I'm not saying Lucky is Dad of the Year at the moment.  But that doesn't change him being THEIR DAD.  Nor does it give Liz the right to offer them up to Jason to appease her confused kid and cover her lies.

But I'll agree to disagree.

Well, Jake is Jason's son, so she can want him in his life. Not to mention, that she is allowed to be with someone, and have another man in their life other than Lucky. Lucky chose to leave those boys, so Liz has a right to move on and want a male figure in their lives.

Edited by MissE

I never said Liz wasn't allowed to move on or marry someone else.  Jason as their stepfather would have been fine, and of course, if Jason chooses to be part of Jake's life now, that's also fine.  Her offering up Cameron and Jason's own bio son Jake for adoption to hush up Jake and further her lies was what I objected to.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

I never said Liz wasn't allowed to move on or marry someone else.  Jason as their stepfather would have been fine, and of course, if Jason chooses to be part of Jake's life now, that's also fine.  Her offering up Cameron and Jason's own bio son Jake for adoption to hush up Jake and further her lies was what I objected to.

Well Lucky never adopted Cam, so if Liz and Jason chose to do that, then that's their right. Cam is nothing to Lucky legally. Nothing would actually change there, and maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't think she offered to have Jason adopt Aiden. I think it was just Cam and Jake.

Edited by MissE

Petty assholes. How hard would have been to have Lucky live out of state and to have visitation with the boys? Not very. When a random kid goes missing, like say Cam and Aidan at Thanksgiving.

Seriously!  They do a semi-decent job showing that Jax gets off-screen visitation with Joss, how hard would it have been to do the same with Lucky?  Instead of shipping them to Grams all the time, say Lucky is visiting and took the kids camping.  Done!

• Love 8

So Sonny can drink? While on his meds?  Uhhh, I don't think so show.  Way to be on the ball about BP! In the same episode as Morgan talks about taking his meds and adjusting to the diagnosis. In the same episode where Morgan suggests he'd murder the woman in front of him were he not taking his meds. On a show with an already STELLAR history of treating mental health issues with sensitivity and intelligence.

Lordy.

• Love 6

Liez is so fucking dramatic. Smelling Jason's clothes like a crazy loser.  And you didn't lose "everything", you stupid baboon. You still have you're kids that you can ignore, your job that you hardly ever go to, and a house to live in. Besides, Ric will come sniffing around eventually so you can hump him until you get distracted by another penis. STFU, freak. And STFU again for trying to act like Lucky doesn't exist. 

You make my Liz hate look positively primitive. I applaud you!

• Love 5

Well Lucky never adopted Cam, so if Liz and Jason chose to do that, then that's their right. Cam is nothing to Lucky legally. Nothing would actually change there, and maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't think she offered to have Jason adopt Aiden. I think it was just Cam and Jake.

It was just Cam and Jake.  Which drove home to me the point that it wasn't about Lucky being a bad dad, because then she'd be looking into terminating his rights to Aidan as well.  It was about quieting up Jake (who was riling up Cam with comments about Jason being his real dad) and locking in Jason further.

And in conclusion, I watched years of the Lucky/Cameron relationship play out on-screen.  Liz disavowing it as part of her sales pitch to Jason doesn't mean I have to.

But again, I'll agree to disagree.

• Love 13

It was just Cam and Jake.  Which drove home to me the point that it wasn't about Lucky being a bad dad, because then she'd be looking into terminating his rights to Aidan as well.  It was about quieting up Jake (who was riling up Cam with comments about Jason being his real dad) and locking in Jason further.

And in conclusion, I watched years of the Lucky/Cameron relationship play out on-screen.  Liz disavowing it as part of her sales pitch to Jason doesn't mean I have to.

But again, I'll agree to disagree.

She never said anything bad about Lucky and Cam's relationship though. She never disavowed it, or made it anything less than it was. 

If Jason and Liz did get married, it would totally make sense for him to adopt him too, so that he would have legal rights to Cam, if something ever happened. if Lucky cared so much about his relationships with those boys, then he wouldn't have left them. My point is more that I don't like how Liz is always treated as the bad guy for the relationship with those kids and Lucky, while Lucky gets a free pass for leaving. Liz shouldn't have to make decisions for those boys, based on Lucky. If he wants a say, then he can come back, and be their father.

• Love 1

She never said anything bad about Lucky and Cam's relationship though. She never disavowed it, or made it anything less than it was. 

If Jason and Liz did get married, it would totally make sense for him to adopt him too, so that he would have legal rights to Cam, if something ever happened. if Lucky cared so much about his relationships with those boys, then he wouldn't have left them. My point is more that I don't like how Liz is always treated as the bad guy for the relationship with those kids and Lucky, while Lucky gets a free pass for leaving. Liz shouldn't have to make decisions for those boys, based on Lucky. If he wants a say, then he can come back, and be their father.

You kid.

• Love 2

While Sonny is annoying most of the time, I did laugh a little at his reaction to Carly's crazy, when Carly was all, "you know what this means right..." and Sonny goes, "that we had a conversation?" And instead Carly's all dramatically, "it means he's coming back to us..." Sonny's "oh god..." groan was actually pretty funny.

• Love 8

So explain to me how Lucky is supposed to be an active everyday parent when the actor left the show.

They could have recast Lucky if they wanted. Onscreen, Lucky left them. 

You kid.

No I don't. Liz has never made Lucky and Cam's relationship anything less than it was, when Lucky was actually in Cam's life.

Edited by MissE

Lucky gets something of a pass because the stupid writers decided to trash the character out of spite because the actor had the nerve to want to do something different. There was no reason to have Lucky basically abandon his family because he was afraid of his "dark" side. What a load of crap.

I think Lucky not adopting Cam was more of a writers' oversight than anything deliberately bad vis-à-vis Lucky as a father. I wouldn't be surprised if the current writers think Lucky had adopted Cam. 

• Love 11

Okay, let me stop this before it gets out of control. Some love Liz. Some hate Liz. Which is fine. What is not fine is doing the circular arguments about her - at least, not in the episode thread.

So feel free to take the arguments to her thread in the Characters subforum, please and thank you.

Halt an argument, save a reindeer!

• Love 11

What the unholy hell do Bryan and Tyler have on top of their heads?!?

Billy, Bryan, and New Black Guy all need to learn to e-nun-ci-ate. I turned on closed captioning, and whatever poor soul was being forced to transcribe this episode couldn't figure out what they were saying either.

Carly's glee at Jasus 'coming back to her' was disgusting. I hope Ava shoots her in the throat.

• Love 1