Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

lets face it. No one on this show deserves to be happy. They are all a bunch of douche's. Jake is a murdering swine. If he remembers it or not. Liz ,needs to just remember what he was ,and the danger her boys will be in when she does tell. Sam should thank Liz for not telling. Her and Danny have never been so safe as they are away from the mob. Would be funny if Emma was shot in place of Danny when the truth hits the fan.Not that I don't love Emma I do, but that might make Patrick remember why he hated Jason. First rule for the medical profession First do no harm. Thanks for telling us what's going on, I cannot watch this drivel. Poor Anna and Laura back , and appreciated by the fans. But written like the rest, brain dead and lobotomized. The whole show is NOW evil personified ! Did Tracy actually apologize to Mykill the SLS. Glad I didn't watch that. I would be shopping for a new tv.

• Love 3

This was the new writers stuff, right? And by new writers, I mean, Ron clearly never left.

It actually wasn't. RC was still listed as the writer. I think ulkiikis said a couple days ago that the new writers stuff begins airing on the 7th.

OK so I kinda don't want to admit this but I actually liked almost this entire episode. I don't know, it kept my attention more than this show has in months.

I actually didn't hate Kiki today. I don't know why, but I have some weird affection or something towards HE. She's terrible, but she seems to try so hard and I always really appreciate that. I think I could actually really like what's going on with her, but Franco/RH ruins it. He's just the worst.

Liz/Jason are both awful. When he called her honey I nearly vomited. I hate how BM is playing this. BH on the other hand is sort of hilariously awesome playing hella crazy Liz.

I loved Tracy so much today. I didn't even really hate Michael today. This story could be good. But it doesn't have the nuance it should and it just devolves into "Michael suddenly decides he never gave a shit about AJ and that Sonny is actually the best man ever in history" and it's just annoying.

I really like Hayden, but I am not into this Nik/Hayden thing at all. Nik is so very gross. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Liz/Jason are both awful. When he called her honey I nearly vomited. I hate how BM is playing this. BH on the other hand is sort of hilariously awesome playing hella crazy Liz.

Poor BM has been playing a character who just says words for over a year. It's such a waste.

• Love 2

It actually wasn't. RC was still listed as the writer. I think ulkiikis said a couple days ago that the new writers stuff begins airing on the 7th.

Please, just call me ulkis still lol unless you forget. I would have changed it back already but you can only change your screenname once a month.

I loved Tracy so much today. I didn't even really hate Michael today. This story could be good. But it doesn't have the nuance it should and it just devolves into "Michael suddenly decides he never gave a shit about AJ and that Sonny is actually the best man ever in history" and it's just annoying.

I don't think he doesn't not give a shit about AJ anymore, although the "Sonny is the best man ever in history" sounds about right. I think the mindset he's supposed to be in right now is kinda like "AJ and Sonny were both flawed men and AJ probably would have killed Sonny too if he had the chance." Or maybe like Morgan, he's pushing all the blame on Ava in his mind.

I really like Hayden, but I am not into this Nik/Hayden thing at all. Nik is so very gross.

If Nikolas was playing it, maybe, like, "oh, sorry, I don't think you should read about the shooting, it could traumatize you", be a little gentle with her, this would be better. Instead he's all, "fool woman! Did I not command you not to call Elizabeth?" 

I actually didn't hate Kiki today. I don't know why, but I have some weird affection or something towards HE. She's terrible, but she seems to try so hard and I always really appreciate that.

I think you're probably the person who told the daytime emmy panel to nominate all four shows for best drama last year. :p

• Love 3

my deepest sympathies tveyeonyou.

Watching Nikolas harass and try and control Greenlee is soooo romantic!

It's really gross. I hope Laura rethinks keeping quiet, just because Nic is being so completely gross.

Now that Franco mentioned it, I guess Ava keeping Kiki away from someone who habitually kills people is another reason she's a better mother than Carly.

• Love 3

Please, just call me ulkis still lol unless you forget. I would have changed it back already but you can only change your screenname once a month.

Oh no, I will be calling you ulkikis forever!

I think the mindset he's supposed to be in right now is kinda like "AJ and Sonny were both flawed men and AJ probably would have killed Sonny too if he had the chance."

It should be like that, but it doesn't come off that way. It did a bit more today though than it has since Michael gave back Avery, which is why I kinda liked the Michael scenes today.

If Nikolas was playing it, maybe, like, "oh, sorry, I don't think you should read about the shooting, it could traumatize you", be a little gentle with her, this would be better. Instead he's all, "fool woman! Did I not command you not to call Elizabeth?"

This exactly. And maybe like if they could just stop having him forcibly grab her so much that would help a bit.

I think you're probably the person who told the daytime emmy panel to nominate all four shows for best drama last year. :p

LOL. I am! I'm normally a real Pollyanna when it comes to soaps tbh.

• Love 1

I'd like to point out that we've had more explanation/motivation as to why Franco and Nina will end up living in Silas's old digs (with Kiki, no less) than we've had about pretty much anything else on the show for the last 3 months. When you consider that's not because of all the drama that will ensue but simply a way of explaining the show cheaping out on so much as slapping a coat of paint on the walls and pretending it's the condo next to Silas's, it becomes all the more hilarious. It's like they spent two episodes explaining why Nik wore a plaid shirt. 

• Love 5

Now that Franco mentioned it, I guess Ava keeping Kiki away from someone who habitually kills people is another reason she's a better mother than Carly.

Well, kinda. If she had named a non-serial killer baby daddy in the first place, Franco wouldn't've been longing to get to know her in between the killing and hiring rapists.

Oh no, I will be calling you ulkikis forever!

Nooo what have I doooone??

This exactly. And maybe like if they could just stop having him forcibly grab her so much that would help a bit.

That too. 

I hope Laura is the one to tell as well, just because I don't need Sam freaking McCall getting in Laura Spencer's face, no thank you. I would hope for Liz to finally crack but I don't think there's hope of that. Maybe on the wedding day.

• Love 5

I hope Laura is the one to tell as well, just because I don't need Sam freaking McCall getting in Laura Spencer's face, no thank you. I would hope for Liz to finally crack but I don't think there's hope of that.

Jason needs to remember himself. No more memory BS, please.

Did anyone else LOL when Laura was leaving and asked Sam if she was actually happy while Patrick was....RIGHT THERE?!

• Love 3

I hope Laura is the one to tell as well, just because I don't need Sam freaking McCall getting in Laura Spencer's face, no thank you. I would hope for Liz to finally crack but I don't think there's hope of that. 

Well, I'm fine with Monica getting in her face because Laura would've destroyed someone for doing this to her - rightfully so. RC ruined another character on his way out the door.

Honestly, the way I felt about VicTodd by the time Todd showed up on OLTL - Incredibly relieved that a character that I liked hadn't been ruined by bad storytelling and willing to accept any idiotic retcon to undo it?  That's how I feel about most of the cast of GH right now 

• Love 3

but Franco/RH ruins it. He's just the worst.

Franco and RH ruin everything. Everything. Every. Thing. 

I don't understand how Kiki is poor. Why wouldn't she have gotten Silas' apartment and whatever money he had? Why can't she just get Ava to write a check? Just because she hates Ava doesn't mean she can't use her for money. She could even got to Julian.

• Love 6

OK so I kinda don't want to admit this but I actually liked almost this entire episode. I don't know, it kept my attention more than this show has in months.

I actually didn't hate Kiki today. I don't know why, but I have some weird affection or something towards HE. She's terrible, but she seems to try so hard and I always really appreciate that. I think I could actually really like what's going on with her, but Franco/RH ruins it. He's just the worst.

I agree on all points.  I hate BM's version of Jakeson.  He is such a poor fit for the character that everytime I watch him, and hear peope say "You remind me so much of Jason," my only thought is "HOW??!!  WHERE??!!"  The best part of the entire Jakeson mess is Elizabeth.  She has been fun to watch just because she's been so wackadoodle in keeping him.  He's boring, and she's actually fun.

Kiki and Franco (God help me) weren't bad today.  I never thought I would ever utter those words.

As for Michael and Tracy, I enjoyed them today.  RC is the one responsible for doing a complete 180 regarding the story HE penned that Michael hated and abandoned Sonny.  Then he decided to just undo it all.  For the last month or so, RC didn't even allow any of the GH characters to even mention AJ's name.  Do any of you recall the mention of AJ's name since Michael had his epiphany about Sonny?  RC wouldn't allow it.  So now that the new writers are here, they actually had Tracy mention AJ's name again, and she challenged Michael to remember that he's a Quartermaine - and Michael didn't deny it.  So I feel some hope that since Michael is still going by Michael Quartermaine and still living in the Q mansion that maybe the new writers might actually write a story where Michael is conflicted, which would make sense, rather than the complete 180 that RC penned in this last month.  I like the relationship between Tracy and Michael, which grew over the last year since AJ died.  Let's hope the new writers don't erase all that growth and that relationship.  At least they touched on it today for the first time in a while AND mentioned AJ by name.

I liked the episode too.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, tveyeonyou, and I am especially sorry that his fakakta show is so awful right now you can't even watch it to take your mind off things for a while.  That just sucks.

• Love 2

Well, I'm fine with Monica getting in her face because Laura would've destroyed someone for doing this to her - rightfully so. RC ruined another character on his way out the door.

Honestly, the way I felt about VicTodd by the time Todd showed up on OLTL - Incredibly relieved that a character that I liked hadn't been ruined by bad storytelling and willing to accept any idiotic retcon to undo it?  That's how I feel about most of the cast of GH right now 

Monica would be fine. 

I'm willing to accept "the water toxin wasn't quite flushed out of our brains". Do it, writers, do it!

• Love 5

Actually, I was thinking, I can buy that Laura is convinced Patrick and Sam are in love. It's not like she really knows them or their relationships that well. The problem is, why would she decide based on that? Like Oracle42 pointed out, there are other people involved here.

• Love 6

I'm willing to accept "the water toxin wasn't quite flushed out of our brains". Do it, writers, do it!

Lucky and Laura weren't exposed to it. I guess...Helena? 

I do think Sam would have the right to rage against Laura. I'm just not interested in seeing it. There's no history there, there's no reason for Laura to be part of this at all unless there's a confrontation with Monica and I'm not at all interested in seeing the destruction of that relationship over this craptastic story

RC wasn't fired nearly soon enough

Edited by Oracle42

Michael came off as an ass. Love him or hate him Sonny killed her nephew so Tracy can say whatever she wants about Sonny in her own home. If Michael doesn't want to hear it he can move into the compound of his cult leader, I mean father. It is so absurd that Monica is no where to be found.

And are they seriously doing Carlos is the murderer again?

• Love 9

Lucky and Laura weren't exposed to it. I guess...Helena? 

Okay, how about, there's still very slight traces of the toxin in the water supply, so it's still affecting everyone! They need to flush out the water supply! Again! 

Lucky's explanation, however, is the lack of shampoo-ing is causing the grime and grease from his hair to sink into his brain.

I do think Sam would have the right to rage against Laura. I'm just not interested in seeing it.

Yeah, same here, on both counts.

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 2

HOW IS THIS SEXY? It's practically assault. 

Yeah, that was hard to stomach. Ron must have wrote it.

Today pretty much sucked. And I was oddly disappointed that Sabrina said "Carlos" every time today instead of "Carrrrrrrrrrrlos". What gives? I guess I actually liked it because it made me laugh.

Don't worry, Kiki. I'm definitely tired of your whining ass. Why don't you get the hell out of town? Or better yet, kill yourself.

Why wouldn't she have gotten Silas' apartment and whatever money he had?

She said the estate was tied up in probate. I guess that includes the apartment? But she doesn't want to live there, because Silas died there and because she has to be all alone with none of her friennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnds!

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3

Jason needs to remember himself. No more memory BS, please.

Did anyone else LOL when Laura was leaving and asked Sam if she was actually happy while Patrick was....RIGHT THERE?!

At least she asked it as an aside. I expected her to skywrite it with these heavy-handed plots.

Don't you know they must have been in the "cone of silence" bubble? Like when someone moves 3' away to have a private conversation so no one can hear them. Or on the other side of the sofa/kitchen/hallway that somehow instantly confers privacy. I laugh everytime characters do that on a show which is way too often.

Of course they can't hear you...you moved a few feet away!!! lol

• Love 2

At least she asked it as an aside. I expected her to skywrite it with these heavy-handed plots.

But he was 2 feet behind her, staring directly at them. I was half-expecting Laura to say, "Blink twice if you miss Jason."

Laura's POV, like many others, makes no sense because when did Sam's happiness in a relationship trump Jason's right to know, as well as Monica's and Danny's.

• Love 9

Oh Liz, you keep digging that hole deeper you psycho.   "My heart breaks for Sam"....Sure.  

And I love how one stupid phone call is what got Jake suspicious.  Girl has been twitchy for months now, but THIS is what raises alarm bells?  So So dumb.

I actually watched all of Kiki scenes today...that's a first.  And considering she was with the wonder twins, it's amazing.  I don't think I have watched a Franco/Nina scene in MONTHS.  Bitter Kiki is a good look I guess.

Tracy, you had me rooting for you right up until you decided to apologize.  NOOOO.  I know you had no use for AJ, but stick to your guns.  Stop coddling that SLS. 

It's really pissing me off that Sam STILL hasn't discussed this proposal thing with her mother.  And I get they wanted to tell Emma and Danny first, and Anna happened to be with Emma, but it kind of sucks that Anna knows before Alexis.  I need for this SamTrick crap to be put out of it's misery. 

• Love 6

I still can't get over the writers choosing to have Emma bring home a bag of cookies from Sabrina and have dialogue about it right before Samtrick's announcement. What the hell? Was that Ron's final "HA!" moment?

• Love 2

As one of the rare Liz fans here, it makes me really sad that they are totally destroying her for Sam and Jason. I'm not saying she's above lying, because he's obviously not, but I don't think she would ever do this just to keep Jason. She's been able to move on from him in the past, until Jasam need angst and someone to prop them. 

I honestly don't see how she comes back from this though. Because its saint Jason and saint Sam that she's hurt, PC will act like this is the worst thing anyone on this show has ever done. Her best friend Patrick will probably hate her, and Nik will be too busy fucking Hayden to care about Liz, even though he started this whole thing. She also has zero love interest possibilities on this show, and you can't survive on this show without a love interest and at least someone in your corner. All of this was so unnecessary, and all in the name of Jasam. 

I mean, I don't care if Liz does bad things, but only if there's hope of redemption at the end of the story. There's just nothing like that in this story, and honestly, I have no desire to really watch the show anymore. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 14

Yeah, I still stand by that Liz is OOC and would never do this. Unfortunately she's being used as a reason Jason and Sam are apart and there's nothing the writers are doing to redeem her. She's just getting crazier and crazier. It sucks.

• Love 7

So was I supposed to be impressed that Laura didn't blurt out the seekrit about Jake's identity, and simply backed out solemnly leaving the big time bomb hands off to tick away in Samtrick's living room? Wouldn't it be better to tell the engaged couple now, instead of waiting for them to marry and blend their families and getting that blown to smithereens? Laura was a wimp and a coward, but I suppose that is in character for her. 

Of course Jake should remember and handle the Liz and Sam angst that would ensue. But Holy Hitmen aren't deep thinkers.

The high point of today was gorgeous Tracy, in the red and gold Chinese lounging outfit and perfect matching hair, reaming Michael that his REAL father is a deceased AJ, and the she and HER father , if he was alive, would expect Michael to man up and be a Quartermaine. She reminded him that he had changed his name back to Quartermaine. And then courageous Tracy showed us she had re-discovered her brains after being a helpless Stepford wife to Luke. Eavesdropping Tracy was watching Paul with suspicion from the patio doors! Soooo wonderful to see Jane Eliot get her mojo back, and Tracy show her brains and true character. The team is at last carrying the ball down the field, and the cheers are deafening!

• Love 4

Yeah, I still stand by that Liz is OOC and would never do this. Unfortunately she's being used as a reason Jason and Sam are apart and there's nothing the writers are doing to redeem her. She's just getting crazier and crazier. It sucks.

And I have no doubt, that if they don't get rid of Liz, that she will be used as their angst in the future. Jasam are worse than Nem, when it comes to the amount of characters destroyed for them.

• Love 3

I wanted Franco to bust out the "You're Not Alone" song for Kiki.  That would have been awesome.

Neenah's dress looked like blood spatter on my cheap old tv.

Sabrina said Carlos, not Cahrrrlos.  Several times.

Sorry for your loss, tveyeonyou.

• Love 2

tveyeonyou, sorry for your loss. Please feel free to vent to us anytime.

After 2 weeks of deleting episodes, I may watch today for not annoying Kiki, and Michael/Tracy. Seems as if nothing has happened. What a craptastic mess. Even Nik is getting more aggressive with Hayden? They had such great chemistry too before the writers ruined it by putting a bullet in her head thanks to the Prince of Douche.

Edited by twoods

I was coming to post this because I can't stand Liz but I think BH is knocking this out of the park. I just chuckle at her faces and expressions she makes which are subtle but so telling. Especially when she was on the phone with Hayden and when she got up and was like, "How can I help you," with a coy attitude. 

I'm a Sam fan but I find when either actress plays the bitch/crazy they really step up to the plate and this is a joy to see because the fallout will be so much better.

Now if Liz respond with an even bigger attitude when confronted I will love her even more because she will own it but if she withers and do that crying/whining stuff she did before, I'm going to be pissed. 

• Love 2

I think the mindset he's supposed to be in right now is kinda like "AJ and Sonny were both flawed men and AJ probably would have killed Sonny too if he had the chance." Or maybe like Morgan, he's pushing all the blame on Ava in his mind.

That's probably it.  He knows Sonny is hugely responsible and probably isn't going to make any bones of the fact that he was, but he probably wants to maximize Ava's part in it, too.  That's the only way it'll be okay to love Sonny again.  In his mind, at least.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who can't think of any blood or marital tie between Sam/Patrick and Laura?

The closest I get is:  Robin once lived in the Spencer family house and Robin was married to Patrick.

When did Robin live in the Spencer house?

Edited by Tiger

I am so sorry for your loss, @tveyeonyou.  I lost one parent a year ago, and I cannot fathom what you are going through right now.  Feel free to vent here anytime!  

When did Robin live in the Spencer house?

I meant the Webber house. I was thinking of Laura Spencer's childhood home.  It's the only connection I can think of.

There actually was a wonderful set of scenes when the Spencer clan came back to Port Charles and Laura and Lucky went up to the Webber family attic and look through old photos and belongings.  Robin escorted them up there because she and Mac were living there at the time.

• Love 1

First, I am truly sorry for your loss tveyeonyou. Real life pales in comparison to TFGH.

Also, I completely blocked out Danny in the last scene. The rage blackouts are getting intense.

After Michael browbeat Tracy into apologizing to him over her rant against her brother's killer, the next thing I remember was watching the conclusion of Game 6 of the 1986 World Series to calm down.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 2

Laura's POV, like many others, makes no sense because when did Sam's happiness in a relationship trump Jason's right to know, as well as Monica's and Danny's.

Oh I kinda like this aspect of it because I will always hate Jason so it amuses me that no one really gives a fuck about him knowing the truth about himself.

• Love 6

Can I just say how rage inducing I find Michael walking out arm and arm with Sabrina in the Qs home while he is up Sonny's ass?  If Michael was showing just a little bit of conflict in this it wouldn't bother me that much.  But I just think this current story and turn in Michael so gross.

And I'm not one of the fans that feel any Qs matter.  If Michael is more Corinthos and Sonny is now dad and AJ is back to being "AJ"  then he needs to stop spitting on the Q name and move out.  I don't want to see Tracy kiss Michael's ass because you know he's Michael.  Screw that. 

And as we are seeing, for all the crap people view AJ as - AJ did make Michael better.  Michael wasn't going to a mob meeting while AJ was alive or when he died.  Michael was working for a huge corporation and after AJ died was looking at opening a clinic.  Sonny gets shot - and where is Michael now?  Mob central.  And Sonny is our hero here right?

Edited by ch1
  • Love 6

Okay, how about, there's still very slight traces of the toxin in the water supply, so it's still affecting everyone! They need to flush out the water supply! Again! 

Lucky's explanation, however, is the lack of shampoo-ing is causing the grime and grease from his hair to sink into his brain.

Yeah, same here, on both counts.

That would explain why Laura could arrive in town, ready to spill the truth, and then just fall back into "no, I can't tell."  She was fine until she got back in town and had a glass of water. 

Maybe they can just cast some actor who looks vaguely like RC, call him "Don" and find out he's been the bad guy behind everything for reasons.  We find out he was drugging/brainwashing the entire town and manipulating them to act in his own demented little puppet show, and each character can rage at him.  

• Love 7