Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

In the show in my head, Patrick wished for Robin--even if just as an "I just want to see her and know she's okay" wish.  Screw your damn agenda, show on my TV.

Damm, Morgan bullying TJ about where is Julian so reminds me of Sonny doing the same to everyone about where Jax was.

And that's why I'm going to retroactively give BC a pass for this and last week.  He's actually, or at least by this last couple of episodes, doing a borderline uncanny Sonny-in-loose-cannon-mode impression.  Don't get me wrong, it's still pissing me off because it's stupid, but at the same time...I think, God forbid, this was a completely deliberate act on TIIC's part that actually came off exactly as intended.  How often does that happen on this show?

And I think we all suspected subconsciously that Paul turning out to be dirty in some way was coming, so his showing up at the newly re-blonded Ava's door didn't rate much from me beyond an eyeroll and "If this SOB turns out to have jacked Scott's flashdrive, how the fuck does that make any sense?!?"

• Love 1

So I guess they've abandoned any possibility of Sonny being paralyzed from the bullet huh? Either that or Mo has ants in his pants because he couldn't keep his legs still the whole time Michael and Carly were in the room with him.

So Paul, as expected, is the new Big, Not-Sonny Bad?  How boring.

IA I mean while I  always thought paul could be an jerk and he had the whole thing with the cartel this being an mobster came out of nowhere.He was an lawyer and the cheif lawyer for ELQ ect.I really feel like the ELQ stuff was dropped in favor for the shitty mob crap.

• Love 3

In the show in my head, Patrick wished for Robin--even if just as an "I just want to see her and know she's okay" wish. Screw your damn agenda, show on my TV.

They actually had a character sit there, who has not spoken to or heard from the mother of his child and the child has had no interaction with said mother, and say that all his wishes have come true. I dunno. Maybe wish that your daughter gets her mother to come home. Start there.

• Love 6

I know, right? Just that would have done wonders for the whole thing, though I know the show would have somehow spun it as the usual "Robin, you absentee bitch mom" shit.

They sit there like her absence had no effect on the family. I'd rather they go the bitch deadbeat mom route. At least that's a feeling. But they have no problems with her gone! Emma is so happy! Patrick is so happy! Anna is so happy! Robin is so easily replaceable. Why even have the character come home? Just have Varni go on Twitter to say she's free and never mention the character again.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

My oh my with all the Sonny love flying around the show it's like Christmas came early. In hell. Way, way, deep, deep, deep down in hell. Like the recesses of hell, the area that even Satan himself knows is just far too sketchy to risk roaming around.

So Michael cuddles up to "Daddy" and hand waves and bye bye bygones their "issues" by stating that they both "screwed up". No. No, you imbecilic, worthless little jackass.

That greasy, self serving, smug, cocky son of a bitch you've gone back to calling "Dad" did not "screw up", he committed murder! First degree murder of an innocent, not to mention unarmed, man in cold blood and then attempted to cover it up like the slimy coward he is and always has been and will be from the looks of it.

And on that note all his goddamn kids can just jump off a cliff with all their Sonny sympathizing and making excuses for and acting as if he is just the bestest Daddy in all the universe when he isn't shooting you point blank in the chest, or "accidentally" almost blowing your ass up with a bomb, or getting you assaulted, kidnapped, and nearly murdered since birth, when not generally ignoring your existence (hey there weak girl child he totally forgot about until you came wandering into his hospital room) until you can be of some use to him, aka meaning you can take the wrap for something he did or break the law for him so he can keep his hands "squeaky clean" of any wrongdoing and good luck if he remembers to get you some sort of legal representation while he's at it. Or maybe he'll just end up fucking your lover, getting her knocked up and then somehow remains your "best buddy for life" because you're a sad, sack without an ounce of self esteem, self worth, or self dignity.

Face it you little dumb-assess, your sperm donor is a criminal without a conscious who has murdered, used, abused, threatened, and generally been an all around inexcusable leech on the earth and therefore is no better, and in many ways is actually worse, than most other two bit gangsters such as himself who weren't hugged enough and told what a "special little boy you are" by their Mummies and Daddies and therefore turned to a life of crime where they intended to make everyone else their victim/s for life as if that makes them important or useful or worth a general two shits of anyone else's time or attention. 

I watch this show for the first time live in over two weeks and this episode is what greeted me and my blood pressure rose about thirty points before the first two minutes in. And on that note I just want someone to slap that annoying twit Molly right across the face and how and as many times as possible. 

I mean...I just can't keep doing this to myself. This show is such fuckery I just...can't.

This is exactly what I feared when the word came down that RC was about to be booted from the show.  For all of his flaws (and there were many), at least he wrote stories where Sonny lost once in a while.  I knew - I fucking KNEW - that if RC was shown the door the show would go right back to All Sonny Ass Kissing, All The Time.  And so it has come to pass...

Either the shit-flinging monkeys that run this show haven't the faintest clue how to fix it, or they are deliberately trying to get it cancelled.  There are no other logical explanations.

Thank you, thank you! I swear some people act like Sabrina put a gun to Michael's head and made him give back Avery. The only reason she broached the topic of Michael giving her back was because Michael said he wanted to make peace with his family. Ultimately the decision whether to give her up was Michael's, and Michael's alone. And even after he gave her back he still kept his distance from Sonny at least. It was this latest shooting that made him suddenly drop all pretense of Sonny hate and worship at his altar again. Sabrina certainly never advocated that he should forgive Carly or Sonny wholesale and start calling Carly the best mother ever or basically chalk up AJ's death to a "mess up."

Sabrina was just the (hopefully) last of the characters that were forced to say or do stupid, nonsensical things in order to advance Ron's dumb plot points.  (And I could have almost have looked forward to not having to put up with that any more, had the show not decided to return to being the Sonny Never Loses Hour).  I give it a pass.  If it hadn't of been her, it would have been Tracy or Monica or some other equally horrifying choice.

Is there anything worth watching for the last three or four days? I've spent most of the past two weeks watching DAYS run up to its anniversary, and I haven't watched that show regularly in years because it always turns to shit real fast based on a micromanaging/laissez-faire, grandfathered-in EP who will never, ever be removed. It has a poor 85-year-old man who is literally reading cue cards onscreen like Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood's movies and can't seem to stand up, and it's still more engaging than watching a cast of characters young and old weep at Sonny's perforated bedside for the 99th time.

There were some things about yesterday's episode I liked but overall for you no. Maybe today with Tracy/Dillon/Paul/Maxie?

And that's why I'm going to retroactively give BC a pass for this and last week. He's actually, or at least by this last couple of episodes, doing a borderline uncanny Sonny-in-loose-cannon-mode impression.

It's stupid and lazy as hell, but I'm kind of enjoying it because it's so stupid and lazy as hell. And now I want Sonny and Morgan to throw barware together and in sync, both yelling "BETRAAAYAL!!!!" at the top of their lungs.

If he can get be a decent foe for Sonny, I won't be mad. Of course Sonny will win out eventually, but he needs to be challenged in a real way for a while.

Also, there's no such thing as too much Richard Burgi on my TV.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I caught the part where TJ listened in on Alexis and Julian's conversation and had to change the channel before I had a rage blackout. TJ really told Morgan where they were knowing full well that his girlfriend's mom could be in danger? I just can't. Ron's writing continues to suck and I doubt there will be little change once the new stuff airs in October.

• Love 6

Is there anything worth watching for the last three or four days?

Not unless you find the sight of a man apologizing to the murderer of his father for being mad at him that he murdered his father the most heartwarming thing evah.

• Love 14

Not unless you find the sight of a man apologizing to the murderer of his father for being mad at him that he murdered his father the most heartwarming thing evah.

Dose heartburn count?

• Love 5

I knew - I fucking KNEW - that if RC was shown the door the show would go right back to All Sonny Ass Kissing, All The Time.  And so it has come to pass... Either the shit-flinging monkeys that run this show haven't the faintest clue how to fix it, or they are deliberately trying to get it cancelled.

When the Tony Geary/Fluke/Luke story finally made its last cat-sick deposit on the canvas, opportunities for unearned bad guy worship were left in the bits of undigested leftovers. Show simply sopped them up for Sonny's enhanced glory.

You've seen all those pointy skyscrapers through the windows of GH and Carly's penthouse? Well at least one of them is the Great Pyramid that they're building for worship of him in all future time. Carly has one for Herself nearby.

• Love 2

Kristina just had to roll into town to tell Sonny she's proud he is her dad. Well, hell, yeah. I mean, what teenager doesn't want a greasy mobster with 26 ex-wives who pity fucked her mother as a father? I'm pretty sure there's a song in Frozen about this very truism.

Sonny and all his spawn - except Avery - must die. I'll settle for nothing less. 

• Love 12

They sit there like her absence had no effect on the family. I'd rather they go the bitch deadbeat mom route. At least that's a feeling. But they have no problems with her gone! Emma is so happy! Patrick is so happy! Anna is so happy! Robin is so easily replaceable. Why even have the character come home? Just have Varni go on Twitter to say she's free and never mention the character again.

Ugh, you got me all riled up.  I dread Robin coming back to beg Patrick and Anna for their forgiveness for getting kidnapped.  Freeing her offscreen might be better 

• Love 2

Excuse me?!?

Patrick cried for Sonny? PATRICK CRIED FOR SONNY?? PATRICK SHED MOTHERFUCKING TEARS FOR THAT RAT BASTARD WHO SHOT HIS EX-WIFE IN FRONT OF HER DAUGHTER ON HER HOME???

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 15

Ugh, you got me all riled up. I dread Robin coming back to beg Patrick and Anna for their forgiveness for getting kidnapped. Freeing her offscreen might be better

She'll probably thank Sam for making Patrick and Emma so happy, too. "You deserve to be a family! I'm not worthy!!!"

• Love 2

Excuse me?!?

Patrick cried for Sonny? PATRICK CRIED FOR SONNY?? PATRICK SHED MOTHERFUCKING TEARS FOR THAT RAT BASTARD WHO SHOT HIS EX-WIFE IN FRONT OF HER DAUGHTER ON HER HOME???

He is a complete pod person

• Love 5

I caught the part where TJ listened in on Alexis and Julian's conversation and had to change the channel before I had a rage blackout. TJ really told Morgan where they were knowing full well that his girlfriend's mom could be in danger? I just can't.

TJ has made himself an accomplice to the potential murders of a rival mobster and his girlfriend's mother.  Congratulations you stupid little shit you are now a full fledged member of the mob.    

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 10

Ugh, you got me all riled up. I dread Robin coming back to beg Patrick and Anna for their forgiveness for getting kidnapped. Freeing her offscreen might be better

This is where I'm at. I down for a Robert found her and took her back to Wisconsin. She wants to see Emma and Mac but requests to NOT talk to anyone else. Yes, we tried to see her but she refused and told us to get the fuck out of her face. We told her how sorry we were and how much we missed her and she laughed sarcastically and said go to hell. Patrick wouldn't listen wanted to talk to her and she punched him in the throat. Anna got to close and she slapped her face. We came back to PC because we decided to give her some time to heal. Mac has agreed to take Emma back and forth to her.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 5

This is where I'm at. I down for a Robert found her and took her back to Wisconsin. She wants to see Emma and Mac but requests to NOT talk to anyone else. Yes, we tried to see her but she refused and told us to get the fuck out of her face. We told her how sorry we were and how much we missed her and she laughed sarcastically and said go to hell. Patrick wouldn't listen wanted to talk to her and she punched him in the throat. Anna got to close and she slapped her face. We came back to PC because we decided to give her some time to heal. Mac has agreed to take Emma back and forth to her.

I need some fanfic that will appropriately cover this. Because all I see is begging and crying and feeling like shit in Robin's future, if the show even remembers that she needs to be freed. As if she hasn't already suffered enough.

Kristina just had to roll into town to tell Sonny she's proud he is her dad. Well, hell, yeah. I mean, what teenager doesn't want a greasy mobster with 26 ex-wives who pity fucked her mother as a father? I'm pretty sure there's a song in Frozen about this very truism.

Sonny and all his spawn - except Avery - must die. I'll settle for nothing less. 

Feh, if Avery can't be with Michael or Ava, then she can die too.

• Love 1

Milo is as big a dope as Morgan for giving Morgan the gun in the first place. BPD or not, Morgan has no business having any sort of weapon, even flailing hands.

The mystery of Alexis's new lake house is solved—it's a rental. They didn't do much to make it look different from the old lake house.

"Time to say good-bye to Denise DeMuccio." Music to my ears. 

Ava and Paul working together could be interesting if she is as ruthless as she's been shown to be.

Oh, TJ. You are a dumb, dumb kid.

• Love 6

TJ has made himself an accomplice to the potential murders of a rival mobster and your girlfriend's mother.  Congratulations you stupid little shit you are now a full fledged member of the mob.

Tequan Richmond is probably super thankful for premium cable right about now. As much as the writing for TJ sucks, he is outacting BryDog in circles. He'll probably get a faux golden paperweight Emmy for this bs.

I'm catching up now and this is what I see- frat boy gets outacted by dude from Everybody Hates Chris as an AE model stands there pondering. An old man is in a hospital bed, and a pretty lady blabs about vows, etc. He looks like he wants to be anywhere but listening to her. I think he wants candy. Some girl is hugging everyone. Her younger twin has a mad. An older man in a tight shirt is chilling with a gun. Everyone is talking about dude in the hospital bed, yet he gives no fucks about them. Like, literally this is fucking boring.

• Love 2

Tequan Richmond is a great young actor. It makes me beyond angry that his talents are wasted on this cesspool of a storyline.

He recently got the lead in a new series for showtime. You don't have to worry about him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Most interesting thing about this episode was I noticed Kristen Aldersons name no longer appears as a star. My cable lists two actors under the show name on the guide. It had been Maurice and Kristen. It puzzled me how Kristen had been up there when she was on the show but I kinda assumed maybe they picked Maurice then went last name alphabetically or something. For better or worse she had been in soaps for what 15ish years? But now whose name did I see today? Haley Erin! The hell? They really want Kiki to work, huh?

Anyway... Tequan Richmond cannot get off this show fast enough and hopefully his talents will be put into a character with a brain. Bryan Craig needs to just get out of acting. Morgan and TJ deserve to be killed by stray bullets, but Tequan is a talent. Bryan... I don't know I can't even say he was hired for his looks because while he's not ugly, I don't think he's good looking enough to be getting by just on them.

What's this about Maxie acting in Dillon's possible movie? I thought she was designing sets or something.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

What's this about Maxie acting in Dillon's possible movie? I thought she was designing sets or something.

Dillon asked for Maxie's help with wardrobe, but she said her ideas would break his budget, so she talked to a friend from her Crimson days who found someone to work with Dillon. Later, Dillon wanted Lulu to be in his movie as Marjorie (?) aka the girl who broke his heart aka Thinly-Disguised-Lulu, but she said no. Maxie tried to convince her and Lulu turned the tables on Maxie and coaxed Maxie into auditioning instead. So now Maxie is playing Lulu, I mean, Marjorie in Dillon's indie film.

Oh? So Tequan will be leaving soon?

We just know he has a role on a Showtime show, he hasn't officially announced his exit (if it turns out he can't do both). I figure we'll know for sure when he's accidentally murdered by Morgan because Morgan thought TJ was Julian.[/spec]

Morgan: They look the same from behind!

Almost Everyone Else: Um, no they don't.

Morgan, Carly and Sonny: Bipolar!

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 12

They should change the name of this soap to All About Sonny. There really isn't a hospital any more.

Yep they might s well because truthfully if your not connected to sonny or the mob you've got nothing.90 percent are connected to sonny.

Pretty much the only thing I came away with today was that Tequan Richmond is a considerably better actor than Bryan Craig. 

He is. It was a pretty glaring difference in skill level too, so they probably shouldn't pair them anymore....

Please [ insert patron saint of soap opera's here] let him take out as many people as he can while he is here. I need this after all the Sonny propping. 

Also, there's no such thing as too much Richard Burgi on my TV.

I swoon every time I see the man. ( Been a fan since his AW days!) 

I just love that the Deadline article about Tequan Richmond's Showtime series totally failed to mention that he currently plays T.J. Corinthos on GH.

ETA: I think he is a really talented actor, particularly at comedy. It's such a shame that he's been on contract for a few years, but was really just a glorified dayplayer until his character became a Corinthos.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Eh. At least Maxie got a job. That's about the highlight of $StoreDill's "movie".

Maxie was already bragging that it is the start of a huge movie career. In the unlikely circumstances that the movie is a hit, it would be sweet to see Maxie shed the Tree boyfriend as "common" and boring, and forget her daughter permanently (so the child will be raised by people with better values who truly care about her). Maxie doesn't appear to have any training, even if she does have some raw talent, so her career will most likely fizzle and flop. I wish the character would get badly burned by Hollywood. Her vanity and overweening pride are comical but dangerous. In real life, she would end up as an alcoholic or a streetwalker, controlled by some nasty people in the adult film industry.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

. In real life, she would end up as an alcoholic or a streetwalker, controlled by some nasty people in the adult film industry.

Still a better fate than ending up as the next (but certainly not last) "Mrs. Sonny Corinthos".

• Love 7

The flashbacks of Morgan and TJ on Friday cracked me up. I'm sure it was to stall things a bit, but when they include scenes from the day before, I can't help but feel a bit patronized. But I enjoyed watching TJ think, "Hmmm, what's the right decision here?" with his finger on his chin while Morgan inappropriately searches the penthouse. I wish we'd heard an off-camera shriek as he barged into Molly's room. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

TJ has made himself an accomplice to the potential murders of a rival mobster and his girlfriend's mother.  Congratulations you stupid little shit you are now a full fledged member of the mob.    

Now all they need to do is send him out on a date with Molly while Morgan hunts down Julian, and he's essentially become Spinelli, sitting at the christening with Lulu while he knows Sonny's out to kill Dante. 

• Love 2

She is back to her original blonde.

Gotta love that box of magical hair dye that allowed her to go from jet black to blonde in one process.  And I guess pretending to be a hairdresser afforded her the ability to give herself a primo haircut. 

On another note, how effin' stupid is Milo to just give Morgan a gun?  Literally, this is the kind of lunk head Sonny has "protecting" him.  No wonder he's been shot so many times.

• Love 5

Loved Milo telling Michael 'I didn't know I wasn't supposed to give hm a gun, I'm so sorry!' In what fucking universe would Sonny EVER approve of Morgan having gun? Or of one of his bodyguards providing said gun? I know Milo has never been smart, but this just takes it to a whole new level.

• Love 10

I  liked yesterday. I actually stopped and watched some scenes of everyone, that's high praise. There's a different energy about the show. Things are actually happening, so I count it as improvements over the past few months.

Still not sure about Paul. There's more there, obviously, that we haven't heard. I can't help it-I like him, and Richard Burgi is far more fun and interesting in the role than Paul Satterfield ever was. In the Guza days, he'd automatically be toast-if indeed, he IS the big bad-but I don't think he is. I think, if Sonny is really his target, that he's working for someone-willingly  or not. But these days? This is a town where the police commissioner murdered a man. Nikolas,Jason, Franco, Ava, Sonny, Michael, Lulu,  Alexis, Julian, just for starters, have all killed or tried to kill and are still walking around free, so eh. And I'm still not sure Paul being at Ava's door automatically translates to it being him who shot Sonny.

But even if it was, it would mean he fits right in with most of the rest of the town.  I enjoyed the scenes at the Qs with the four of them, and I can't help but think they wouldn't be bothering showing Paul bonding with Dillon and Tracy if he's all bad.

We shall see.

I'm not hating Michael yet. I think he's a bit of a protector by nature, so he's in protector mode, and the Corinthii need him more than the Qs right now, so. But that's a wait and see thing on that as well.

• Love 4