Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I hope Ava points out Sonny's hypocrisy re: AJ's murder, but I'm sure he'd just retort that that was mostly her fault anyway.

I am no Ava fan at all, but I didn't see her pull the trigger on AJ. I also didn't see her rape Sonny on AJ's grave. Hasn't Sonny fallen off his high horse yet. Sonny's good, Q's bad. Sonny great father ?

I am no Ava fan at all, but I didn't see her pull the trigger on AJ. I also didn't see her rape Sonny on AJ's grave. Hasn't Sonny fallen off his high horse yet. Sonny's good, Q's bad. Sonny great father ?

Oh, do you not recall Sonny ranting to someone (Morgan?) that Ava totally tricked him into having sex with her IN A CRYPT?

• Love 3
I am no Ava fan at all, but I didn't see her pulling the trigger on AJ. I also didn't see her rape Sonny on AJ's grave.

True, but Ava is one of the main reasons why AJ's dead. If she hadn't framed AJ for Kannie's murder and lied about it, AJ might still be alive. Sonny is ultimately responsible for AJ's death, but Ava's lies didn't help, either; otoh, re the CryptSex, I agree that it takes two to tango-or in this case, to desecrate their victim's grave.

• Love 5
I would have thought MB would be giving him pointers. I don't think BC is being led astray, but I do think he's just giving his interpretation of whatever Maurice is saying.

BC's interpretation makes MB's depiction a model of subtlety and skill.

otoh, re the CryptSex, I agree that it takes two to tango-or in this case, to desecrate their victim's grave.

Both of them knew EXACTLY what they were doing. There was no question whatsoever it was consensual on both sides.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I hope Ava points out Sonny's hypocrisy re: AJ's murder, but I'm sure he'd just retort that that was mostly her fault anyway.

Ava doesn't have a leg to stand on in the AJ department.  I don't give a crap about the crypt sex in terms of who to blame for it.  They both are to blame.  As much as Sonny is a hypocrite, and he is, Ava Jerome is THE reason AJ Quartermaine is dead.  Let's not forget her role in his demise.  First, she murdered Connie and then pinned that murder on AJ.  Hell, she even wanted him to kill himself.  She would have let him rot in jail the same way she let Carlos rot.  Second, when she realized that AJ was remembering the truth, she then sent Carlos to murder him.  The only reason AJ isn't dead by Ava's hand is because Carlos was incompetent.  Third, when AJ showed up at Ava's apartment, she tried to kill him again, but AJ got the drop on her, and once Sonny got there, who was already believing that AJ killed Connie, Ava made sure to wind up Sonny's anger, and he shot AJ.  Sonny gets no pass for pulling the trigger, but let's not pretend that Ava wasn't standing there goading him to do it when she knew that SHE had killed Connie, not AJ  Lastly, while AJ was lying on the floor, she encouraged Sonny to leave him there and let him bleed out so the truth would die with him.

So as far as I'm concerned, Sonny can put a gun to Ava's head and pull the trigger to his heart's content.  In fact, it bothers me that Michael has not been written to blame Ava as much as he blames Sonny.  She got a total pass for what she did to AJ, and the writers only focus on Connie's murder.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 13

My point re: Ava bringing up Sonny murdering AJ is more that if she should pay for killing Connie, he should pay for killing AJ.  That Sonny can stand around bellowing about justice and the like when he served less than three months for cold-blooded murder enrages me.

• Love 13

Well, he's got a lot of Carly in him too though.

And he is a lot like Sonny, but he hasn't killed anyone, so if they're doing this to make Morgan look less like a brat, they don't need to do that to accomplish that. Just have the guy express more conflict once in a while, or some emotion deeper than a mud puddle.

If they do sleep together again I don't think they will have sex again until after the first time is revealed. If they do . . . well, man, I don't even know what I would say. Just not gonna watch that episode.

And up until recently, I would have said he has a LOT of Carly in him, but as time goes by, I see more and more of Sonny. Of course they don't have to make Morgan bi polar to create sympathy for him, but if this was RC's doing-he never did anything the subtle way, did he?

• Love 1

This episode is hypocrites r'us.  

Sonny's going after Ava for killing Connie and claiming he puts his children fist attacking her for sleeping with her daughter's boyfriend. While he did the same thing to AJ and slept with his son's girlfriend.

Alexis is attacking Ava about her pretending to be someone else to be around her kids. Has Alexis forgotten butler Dobson? 

• Love 8

Sonny: You gunned down Connie exactly two years ago today.

Me: I'm surprised you still remember her name, let alone the day she died.

And, as expected, Sonny claimed that AJ "was on him" when Ava brought it up, but then quickly explained why it was actually all Ava's fault.

Was Francs and Neens bantering behind bars supposed to be cute?  Funny?  Interesting?  Not irritating?

• Love 5

Of course today is the day I picked to have this crappy show on in the background.

Ava is merely an incubator?  Fuck you, you piece of shit. 

Why again is Sonny the centerpiece of this show?  Not only is he a violent murdering mobster, he's a horrible misogynist.  Actually one of the worst of that type of character I can remember - ever - in daytime.

I have no hope for this show.

• Love 12

The award for unintentionally comedic line of the day goes to Dante: 

"The only way we can exonerate Nina is to find out who killed Silas Clay."

Son, you've been in Port Charles too long. Everywhere else, that's what police routinely do.

• Love 4

Morgan is young and has jumped into a lifestyle he is not prepared to understand or handle.  He has no idea of the truths of his father's world/business.  He is a child playing at being a man -- all testosterone and no little gray cells.  He is what Sonny and Carly made him to be when they sent him away to school and pretty much abandoned him.  Morgan should have allowed Jax to adopt him.

I find Nina very distracting.  The actress moves too much.  That is motion, not acting.

• Love 4

Ava doesn't have a leg to stand on in the AJ department. I don't give a crap about the crypt sex in terms of who to blame for it. They both are to blame. As much as Sonny is a hypocrite, and he is, Ava Jerome is THE reason AJ Quartermaine is dead. Let's not forget her role in his demise. First, she murdered Connie and then pinned that murder on AJ. Hell, she even wanted him to kill himself. She would have let him rot in jail the same way she let Carlos rot. Second, when she realized that AJ was remembering the truth, she then sent Carlos to murder him. The only reason AJ isn't dead by Ava's hand is because Carlos was incompetent. Third, when AJ showed up at Ava's apartment, she tried to kill him again, but AJ got the drop on her, and once Sonny got there, who was already believing that AJ killed Connie, Ava made sure to wind up Sonny's anger, and he shot AJ. Sonny gets no pass for pulling the trigger, but let's not pretend that Ava wasn't standing there goading him to do it when she knew that SHE had killed Connie, not AJ Lastly, while AJ was lying on the floor, she encouraged Sonny to leave him there and let him bleed out so the truth would die with him.

So as far as I'm concerned, Sonny can put a gun to Ava's head and pull the trigger to his heart's content. In fact, it bothers me that Michael has not been written to blame Ava as much as he blames Sonny. She got a total pass for what she did to AJ, and the writers only focus on Connie's murder.

THIS. Sonny is a POS but Ava was conspiring to murder AJ for weeks so she can FOAD

• Love 8
So as far as I'm concerned, Sonny can put a gun to Ava's head and pull the trigger to his heart's content.

Only if it puts him in jail forever, which it won't, so I'd rather Ava live to annoy Sonny for the rest of their miserable days.

• Love 5

I've wanted to kick Ava off my screen every time she showed up since May and amazingly, Sonny has upended that all in one day. His misogyny and hypocrisy are almost magical, I'm tellin' ya. I want Ava to burn down the house around Sonny and Carly.

Morgan: I've had it worse!

Kiki: No me!

Morgan: No me!

Kiki: meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm struggling to remember what else happened besides F*****/N*** and Ric and Madeline and I can't. I mean I know Dante and Nathan were on but they were filler. I was amused at Dante afraid Morgan might be the killer.

• Love 4

I'm incredulous that Nathan is going to be the one to solve this.  I'd laugh my ass off if the evidence he reveals tomorrow is a confession note written in big block letters with crayon.  "Look, Dante, a cllluuueee!".

• Love 3

How the hell did Sonny even get in there?  Did he send TJ to distract Jordan?

That's one of my biggest soap bugaboos - people being allowed to wander into the holding cells willy nilly to yell at a captive audience.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

On today's General Hospital (paraphrased of course)

Franco:  I wuv you schmoopie moopie

Nina: No, I wuv you more schmoopie moopie moopie

Franco:  Isn't it totally hilarious that peope think we're murderers schmoopie

Nina:  O. M. G.  Like.  O. M. G.  Hey, I'm not crazy anymore, giggle giggle.  By the way, my brother will totally figure all this out

Nathan:  Hhmmmm

Dante:  Look at this paper.  There are words.  And sentences with capitals and periods and a couple of exclamation points

Nathan:  I know who killed Dr Silas Clay (because if I had only said Silas, no one would know which Silas I was talking about)

Julian:  Yeah, I knew who Ava was but I swear I'm not lying about anything else

Al:  Okay because I'm getting tired of calling you out on all the lies that your not lying to me about.  And I'm apparently too dumb to notice how shifty you're being.

MAdeline:  Money, money, money, money, money

Morgan:  I AM REALLY NOT HAPPY WITH AVA BECAUSE SHE BETRAYED ME...I MEAN YOU AND SHE KILLED SILAS

Kiki:  Dude, chill.  do you still have the hots for her

Morgan: NO.  Hey lets run away together with all the non money we don't have since we are shiftless bums.  I'm totally not acting weird or anything. 

Sonny:  I kill people and it's okay because it's me and they probably deserved it, for looking at me cross eyed or being fat.  But you should pay forever and a day for killing that girl that I dated that time.  Oh, and Carly's your baby mama now.  Na na na boo boo.  

• Love 11

Ava doesn't have a leg to stand on in the AJ department.  I don't give a crap about the crypt sex in terms of who to blame for it.  They both are to blame.  As much as Sonny is a hypocrite, and he is, Ava Jerome is THE reason AJ Quartermaine is dead.  Let's not forget her role in his demise.  First, she murdered Connie and then pinned that murder on AJ.  Hell, she even wanted him to kill himself.  She would have let him rot in jail the same way she let Carlos rot.  Second, when she realized that AJ was remembering the truth, she then sent Carlos to murder him.  The only reason AJ isn't dead by Ava's hand is because Carlos was incompetent.  Third, when AJ showed up at Ava's apartment, she tried to kill him again, but AJ got the drop on her, and once Sonny got there, who was already believing that AJ killed Connie, Ava made sure to wind up Sonny's anger, and he shot AJ.  Sonny gets no pass for pulling the trigger, but let's not pretend that Ava wasn't standing there goading him to do it when she knew that SHE had killed Connie, not AJ  Lastly, while AJ was lying on the floor, she encouraged Sonny to leave him there and let him bleed out so the truth would die with him.

So as far as I'm concerned, Sonny can put a gun to Ava's head and pull the trigger to his heart's content.  In fact, it bothers me that Michael has not been written to blame Ava as much as he blames Sonny.  She got a total pass for what she did to AJ, and the writers only focus on Connie's murder.

Sonny wanted to kill AJ. when Michael sided with his father finally. he did as he pleased. Sonny did say he wanted to, and he was not sorry. Ava wanted to cover her ass, Sonny is not an angel being coerced into killing , he hass killed before and since and will again. Sonny is scum. He actually believes he had an excuse to kill AJ. Who made him God, saying who lives and dies ? Ava is the female Sonny the only difference is she hasn't been on the show as long as Sonny. She has less evil under her.I am not going to watch this garbage .Next we will hear Sonny is a good father albeit a incompetent one. when he almost kills his kids he can't even do that right.

• Love 4

I'll say one good thing...it looks like they are wrapping up 2 stupid plots so...that's good right?   Madeline and Ric scheming never made any fucking sense, so I am glad it looks like the jig is up in that department.  I am STILL baffled that Ric has had ZERO contact and/or conversation about Liz since the Nurses Ball (I did skip a bunch of episodes, but I don't recall any mentions here).  RH needs to get the hell out of this stupid Nina/Madeline bullshit.  

• Love 3

Took me all of a minute to realize Scott Sickles wrote today's episode. 'Nuff said.

It came to me when Sonny made that Yogi Berra reference.

Is Sonny going to be on every day for the rest of the month? A little Sonny really goes a long way and I need a few days off from him.

It seems so.

I am STILL baffled that Ric has had ZERO contact and/or conversation about Liz since the Nurses Ball (I did skip a bunch of episodes, but I don't recall any mentions here). 

I've found that baffling myself.  I would really enjoy a scene where Liz crosses paths with Ric and realizes she's now playing in the same end of the pool with Jake(son) that he was with her.

• Love 6

I'm watching an old ep of the "The Bernie Mac Show" (may he RIP) and who do I see?  A young TJ and the kid could act even back then.  If any of you haven't seen the show check it out.  It's very funny and the sound track is amazing.  Credits say created by Larry Wilmore and I'm going to Google to see if it's the same LW that has the late night show.

Sonny can go DIAF.  For all the reasons y'all have listed.

• Love 1

So Morgan is just as wasteful as Sonny. Poor barware.

Franco and WE NEVER CARED (-2) will never make me care about them, especially when the SERIAL KILLER is chuckling about how hilarious it is that everyone thinks they're murderers. Schmoopy music won't change my mind either, show.

Nathan found a clue? I feel like he's watching Blue's Clues and is excited when he finds a clue at the same time as the dog.

Sonny puts his kids first? When? Seriously, can anyone name one example?

This show makes me tired.

• Love 8

So Morgan is just as wasteful as Sonny. Poor barware.

Franco and WE NEVER CARED (-2) will never make me care about them, especially when the SERIAL KILLER is chuckling about how hilarious it is that everyone thinks they're murderers. Schmoopy music won't change my mind either, show.

Nathan found a clue? I feel like he's watching Blue's Clues and is excited when he finds a clue at the same time as the dog.

Sonny puts his kids first? When? Seriously, can anyone name one example?

This show makes me tired.

It's like, how the hell does Sonny gonna think Avery is gonna feel when she asks about her biological mother and he replies, "you didn't inherit any of her whoreness, that side of you doesn't count. Don't worry."

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Not only does he mess up in spectacular ways with his kids, he messes up with the little things too. Sonny is not a bad father just because he's in the mob. He's a bad father because he is just an  awful person in general, who can't even do stuff like keep their secrets because dammit, he doesn't feel like putting up with Carly's badgering.

• Love 14

I think my refrigerator may have some sort of freezer tube leak which is causing an unholy stank. I blame this entirely on my having mainlined approximately seven days of Franco and Nina. Complex machines break down in their protracted presence.

Juice boxes and meet cute. For fuck's sake.

• Love 8

Hearing "Franco Baldwin" uttered 57 times could have also done the trick.

It's like if Faison had found out Phil Brewer was really his father and changed his named to "Faison Brewer".

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15
Credits say created by Larry Wilmore and I'm going to Google to see if it's the same LW that has the late night show.

It is!

I know the jail visit is a soap trope, but do the writers really think Sonny looks strong when he harangues the inmates? They're a captive audience, and he basically taunts them and says "Neener, neener, I'm free and you're not!" It's ridiculous, and Sonny looks stupid, petty, and weak. And when they insist on using those overdramatic music stings, it just underlines what an asshole he is.

At least Ava held her own and didn't collapse into tears until Sonny mentioned Avery. 

LOL at Morgan being mad at Ava.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

On a serious note, a sincere thanks to those of you continuing to watch. I can't even read the words "general" and/or "hospital" without being filled with rage anymore.

On today's General Hospital (paraphrased of course)

Sonny: I kill people and it's okay because it's me and they probably deserved it, for looking at me cross eyed or being fat. But you should pay forever and a day for killing that girl that I dated that time. Oh, and Carly's your baby mama now. Na na na boo boo.

I'm STILL waiting for someone to explain to me, as if I take brain pills and use toxic face cream, how AJ was considered fat yet Sonny is not.

And if anyone is feeling generous, I'm also waiting on an explanation as to how alcoholism is super-duper evil, but being bi-polar is an excuse to act like a hypocritical, misogynistic wanker and get away with cold-blooded murder

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 17

It came to me when Sonny made that Yogi Berra reference.

ulkis - if you still have this on tape, can you please go back and listen when Sonny said this? I re-wound this three times and all three times, after he sputtered and stuttered, it sounded like MB said "Yogi Bear."   He distinctly said Yogi Bear. I know it was a Yogi Berra quote (Yankee fan here :)), but I am nearly positive it came out as Yogi Bear.  Let me know what you think, please... 

• Love 1

Why must TPTB spend so much time on all things mobular. Julian does own a newspaper. He could hire Maxie as the style editor, Valerie as the crime reporter, Morgan can be a movie critic and Kiki can be the office girl. Valerie would still be in Dante's sphere and all the unemployed 20 somethings would have something to do and stop mooching.

• Love 3

Sonny's hypocrisy is almost laughable. He's just as bad as Ava and actually I think he's much worse. As far as Ava paying for her crime, I didn't give a shit about Connie when she was alive and I certainly don't give a shit now. Next.

I guess it's a step forward that Alexis can just laugh when her boyfriend lies to her continuously. At least she's not acting all shocked about him not telling her about Ava. She's still pathetic to stay with him, but at least she's owning it and what the hell he is hot so just go with it!

• Love 2

ulkis - if you still have this on tape, can you please go back and listen when Sonny said this? I re-wound this three times and all three times, after he sputtered and stuttered, it sounded like MB said "Yogi Bear." He distinctly said Yogi Bear. I know it was a Yogi Berra quote (Yankee fan here :)), but I am nearly positive it came out as Yogi Bear. Let me know what you think, please...

It did sound like yogi bear.

• Love 1

I thought I heard Yogi Bear, too, but then once I heard the quote, figured it must have been Berra. I think part of the problem is MB's manner of line delivery. He pauses and uhs so much the the "uh" on Berra might have been attached to the next word, or at least detached from the rest of the name. That's just a guess. I didn't go back to relisten. I'd like to think the even MB would not confuse the baseball coach with the cartoon animal. (But, then, speaking of cartoon animals . . . )

• Love 4

On a serious note, a sincere thanks to those of you continuing to watch. I can't even read the words "general" and/or "hospital" without being filled with rage anymore.

I'm STILL waiting for someone to explain to me, as if I take brain pills and use toxic face cream, how AJ was considered fat yet Sonny is not.

And if anyone is feeling generous, I'm also waiting on an explanation as to how alcoholism is super-duper evil, but being bi-polar is an excuse to act like a hypocritical, misogynistic wanker and get away with cold-blooded murder

Oh because on this show being bi polar is a disease (which causes you to murder people) and being an alcoholic is a weakness (and if you're weak, you deserve to lose your son and your life). Haven't you been watching General Hospital for the past, oh 15 years? That shit went from Guza to Ron without missing so much as a quarter beat. It must be in needlepoint on a sampler framed in the writers room of this show. feh.

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 6

Why must TPTB spend so much time on all things mobular. Julian does own a newspaper. He could hire Maxie as the style editor, Valerie as the crime reporter, Morgan can be a movie critic and Kiki can be the office girl. Valerie would still be in Dante's sphere and all the unemployed 20 somethings would have something to do and stop mooching.

Your facts and logic have no place here.*

*My personal GH t-shirt.

• Love 10

Oh because on this show being bi polar is a disease (which causes you to murder people) and being an alcoholic is a weakness (and if you're weak, you deserve to lose your son and your life). Haven't you been watching General Hospital for the past, oh 15 years? That shit went from Guza to Ron without missing so much as a quarter beat. It must be in needlepoint on a sampler framed in the writers room of this show. feh.

I think they brainwashed the monkees in the computer room to type that. Guza is back. From what I read, this sounds exactly like him.

I've wanted to kick Ava off my screen every time she showed up since May and amazingly, Sonny has upended that all in one day.

Never let it be said that Sonny didn't accomplish anything.

I seriously doubt I've ever hated a fictional character more. Maybe SBu's Jason, but he didn't have the horrible and gross misogyny that Scummy displays on a regular basis. So yeah, Sonny wins that battle. Fuck off with your incubator line.

I was glad that Ava held her own. And two years later, no one still gives a rat's ass about Connie, my new name for her is NEVER SHOULD'VE EXISTED.

Great, now we have Sonny Jr. Could he be any more loathsome? Throwing barware, how original. I'm surprised he didn't scream, "bitchwhoretramp, BETRAAAAAAYAL!" I'm going to need Ava to not cave and be her weepy self around him tomorrow. I've adored unapologetic Ava the last few days.

Franco and Nina are flat out embarrassing.

• Love 9