Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

How nice it was of Monica to bring "Happy back from the dead" gifts to Jake and completely ignore Liez's other two children.  I'm sure a cardiologist could afford to bring a few trinkets for the other kids.  "Hey Jake, let's go show Cam your new toys!"

(edited)

I can't believe I watched a serial killer* berate a doctor for letting a crazy woman think she's crazy.

* - in calming brown earth tones

The whole show lights up when Laura is around and is allowed to be involved with the larger canvas in active, major story. I do love her mixing it up with all this stuff. If they have any sense they'll make her the new anchor of the show. It is the only way they can survive.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 18

I can't believe I watched a serial killer* berate a doctor for letting a crazy woman think she's crazy.

* - in calming brown earth tones

He's a down-to-earth, SERIAL KILLER of the people, don't you know.

• Love 2
(edited)

One of my worst fears is that the show will stop being entertaining, actually, even in a bad way. But my real concern is another issue. Most days lately, the stories are all terrible or close to it, but there is usually some piece that redeems some part of it for me - a new relationship, a friendship, a use of characters who have history together in a way that isn't too forced. It's right for Lucy to be coming back for more story soon, hopefully; it's right for Lucas and Carly to talk, or for Bobbie to ask after her relatives (if belatedly), or for Tracy and Sabrina to continue their friendship, or Sabrina and Michael to continue their romance, or for Monica to spend time with Little Jake or become more and more enamored of "Big Jake"/Jason. It's right for Laura to be here in Port Charles, doing these things; she was the central ingenue that helped save the show over thirty years ago and she's still a central heroine.

This is all stuff that feels true and good to me, and lately, especially, it is the saving grace of a show that's profoundly lost its way. Yet I know a lot of that is there because RC put it there, so I fear what will come without him. I don't disagree that he had to be either reined or removed, and all of these stories have to go. I don't pity him. But I worry about some of this stuff that works on the show, and where it'll go, if anywhere. I don't think anyone left in charge has an original thought in their heads with regards to stuff like Jason, Monica and the Quartermaine connection. People give Leslie Charleson's plastic surgery shit, but honestly, watching her rediscover her family really warms my heart and makes me very happy.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 14

Silas is so going to turn up dead.  Why he thinks he can threaten Ava, who's killed once to protect Julian's identity, not even her own, and not think for one minute that she'll do everything in her power to stop him.  It won't even be a whodunit, it will be an Avadunit.  

• Love 5
The whole show lights up when Laura is around and is allowed to be involved with the larger canvas in active, major story. I do love her mixing it up with all this stuff. If they have any sense they'll make her the new anchor of the show. It is the only way they can survive.

Agreed.  Why can't she be having the adventures without Luke?

• Love 8
(edited)

It won't even be a whodunit, it will be an Avadunit.  

I hope he takes a lesson from Connie and spells out her full name.

Gawd, I know we're in for some shit where Franco - a SERIAL KILLER - is just shocked, SHOCKED that he's a suspect in Silas' totally telegraphed murder.  Because, like, he's never murdered anyone before, right?  Or threatened to several times in the last few episodes?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
Silas is so going to turn up dead.

Now I'm trying to come up with a fanfic plot that involves his undead brother Stephen coming back to PC for revenge... LOL j/k

One of my worst fears is that the show will stop being entertaining, actually, even in a bad way. But my real concern is another issue. Most days lately, the stories are all terrible or close to it, but there is usually some piece that redeems some part of it for me - a new relationship, a friendship, a use of characters who have history together in a way that isn't too forced. It's right for Lucy to be coming back for more story soon, hopefully; it's right for Lucas and Carly to talk, or for Bobbie to ask after her relatives (if belatedly), or for Tracy and Sabrina to continue their friendship, or Sabrina and Michael to continue their romance, or for Monica to spend time with Little Jake or become more and more enamored of "Big Jake"/Jason. It's right for Laura to be here in Port Charles, doing these things; she was the central ingenue that helped save the show over thirty years ago and she's still a central heroine.

This is all stuff that feels true and good to me, and lately, especially, it is the saving grace of a show that's profoundly lost its way. Yet I know a lot of that is there because RC put it there, so I fear what will come without him. I don't disagree that he had to be either reined or removed, and all of these stories have to go. I don't pity him. But I worry about some of this stuff that works on the show, and where it'll go, if anywhere. I don't think anyone left in charge has an original thought in their heads with regards to stuff like Jason, Monica and the Quartermaine connection. People give Leslie Charleson's plastic surgery shit, but honestly, watching her rediscover her family really warms my heart and makes me very happy.

Demon Jake is randomly alive with no explanation but HELENA and the only concern is poor Danny getting to hang out with him or not. This is just one reason I'm 100% glad Ron is gone.

• Love 3
(edited)

Demon Jake is randomly alive with no explanation but HELENA and the only concern is poor Danny getting to hang out with him or not. This is just one reason I'm 100% glad Ron is gone.

This is the thing that gets my goat.  There have been basically no scenes showing Liz bonding with her son, getting to know her son, figuring out what those four years were like for him, having him meet Cam and Aiden (brothers he remembers), or enjoying his reappearance.  Instead Jake is just a catalyst for more Jizam drama. It's not that I'm so annoyed that Sam is so gung-ho about Jake and Danny becoming besties (even though I find it a little odd), it's more that Sam's desires for brothers to bond should not be the main point in the story of Liz getting her son back!! 

Edited by tallyrand
  • Love 13

This is the thing that gets my goat. There have been basically no scenes showing Liz bonding with her son, getting to know her son, figuring out what those four years were like for him, having him meet Cam and Aiden (brothers he remembers), or enjoying his reappearance. Instead Jake is just a catalyst for more Jizam drama. It's not that I'm so annoyed that Sam is so gung-ho about Jake and Danny becoming besties (even though I find it a little odd), it's more that Sam's desires for brothers to bond should not be the main point in the story of Liz getting her son back!!

This.completely. Of course it's not about Liz! It never was. It was about redeeming Luke and now it's about Jason, and by proxy, Sam.

• Love 3
(edited)

One of the things I never understood with RC was his timing of stories. Things are getting interesting today. Plots have picked up. I'm interested in what Laura's doing and what will happen to Ava, Silas, and -- forgive me -- even Nina*. (not Franco though; he can still DIAF.) Things are happening that might make people want to tune in. And sweeps ended yesterday. Luke's farewell tour aside, wouldn't it have made more sense to have some of these events happening during sweeps so people would tune in? He's done this every sweeps period for the last year. Another reason, probably, why he was shown the door. 

* As much as I totally agree that both she and Franco could be lifted out and not missed, I was enjoying her suspicions of Ric today and am totally sorry she signed the papers. Maybe she and Franco can stay in there together, though -- forever. And off our screens. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

They could flash a still title card onscreen tomorrow saying "Nina died due to a tragic accident in the arts & crafts room. It spun in. There were no survivors." Freeze-frame of Nina grinning, quiet piano music. I would not complain.

• Love 18
They could flash a still title card onscreen tomorrow saying "Nina died due to a tragic accident in the arts & crafts room. It spun in. There were no survivors."

Please, for all that is holy and good, do not ever taint "Abyssinia, Henry" from MASH with connecting those lines to Nina, of all people!

• Love 5

This is the thing that gets my goat.  There have been basically no scenes showing Liz bonding with her son, getting to know her son, figuring out what those four years were like for him, having him meet Cam and Aiden (brothers he remembers), or enjoying his reappearance.  Instead Jake is just a catalyst for more Jizam drama. It's not that I'm so annoyed that Sam is so gung-ho about Jake and Danny becoming besties (even though I find it a little odd), it's more that Sam's desires for brothers to bond should not be the main point in the story of Liz getting her son back!! 

"You're probably the type who wants to know where the bathroom is when someone gets kidnapped for more than a week, aren't you?"

~Ron

(He may be gone, but his churlishness will live on!)

• Love 10

No, but he's letting it happen. He could put a stop to it. And Liz looks like she's in crazyville. Nikolas has been emotionally manipulating her, Lucky, his mom, Sam, Jason, everyone. Nikolas is letting his long time friend immerse herself in what is going to end up disastrously for her even if the truth doesn't come out because his brat has gotta have 4 ponies instead of 3.

I actually do go back and forth on who is worse.  I think I talked myself out of my original opinion.  Nikolas is a POS for fucking over his family for money.  Liz is a POS for knowingly sleeping with and developing an emotional relationship with a married man.  So yeah....they are both awful.

That's always a given with this fakakta show.

Absolutely.  I remember being completely livid when out of the blue Sam began bad mouthing Alexis for the stem cell stuff in 2004 because they needed to create ~drama~ for the mother/daughter reveal.  But I watched the damn show and I SAW and HEARD Sam say many times that she knew Alexis wasn't to blame for any of it, and that she didn't hold it against her.   She only lashed out initially because she was still grieving, and she acknowledged that she was wrong for how she treated Alexis.  They do this all the damn time.  And Liz and Sam were civil, even friendly for a long time.  Until they suddenly aren't.  It's lazy and it's annoying. 

Even if RC hadn't admitted he basically pulled the Jake return out of his ass, you could tell right away from the writing that it's all being made up as we go along.  It was all done for shock value....which is fine if you do it correctly.  But the problem here is they only wanted to deal with the shock part, and now are half assing their way through the follow up.

• Love 6

Laura cracked me up. She's all "I would have done things with Lucky and Nikolas. Very. Differently. I wish I had told. The truth" and meanwhile Liz is all noooooooooooooo. I'm gonna be SO mad if they don't bring Laura back after Genie's break and that that actor decides he's not quite done with the show after all. And Liz has totally met her bitchface match.

Laura is the only reason I even check the episodes currently. She was killing it today. I actually said out loud, "Not even Liz can beat Laura's bitchface." Slay her, Laura! If they get rid of GF again I'm gonna be aghast.

• Love 17

If Franco loves Nina he'll kill her worthless mother.

I'm ready for Ric to go.

Why is Scott concerning himself with what goes on with Laura, Lucky, and Nik? As far as he knows there's been no crime committed so whatever secret they may or may not be keeping is none of his business.

Ron should've just had Silas wear a sign announcing that he's about to be murdered. 

• Love 7

To piggyback off @jsbt's post above, I'm a dude in his early 30's, and right now Laura & Monica are the only reasons I am tuning in right now.

These two, and other "old foggies" Mac, Felicia, ROBERT MOTHER!TUCKING SCORPIO, Scotty, Lucy, Kevin, and Bobbie, just to name a few, should all be on contract and driving story.

• Love 5

Ron should've just had Silas wear a sign announcing that he's about to be murdered.

I understand why Silas may be in danger, but couldn't he be counting on the fact that he saved Ava's life, and that therefore she wouldn't harm him?

I could bear to watch only a few minutes of today's show...luckily it was the part where Laura hints to Liz that her secret must be revealed. It's so stupid that no one recognizes returned!Jason, and if they do they don't speak up. Gives me a permanent headache.

Laura slyly giving Liz a hard time was wonderful. I hate that we know she's going to keep the secret because no way do we learn about Jason before sweeps (which is ridiculous); I'd love to see her blow this all up, and I can't think of any good reason for Laura not to tell, which means some good old-fashioned character assassination to support a stupid plot point. Yay!!

Silas is so dead. But will it be Ava or Franco? Do I care? No. No I do not.

I have no idea when this happened, but Michele Stafford's acting hasn't been giving me rage blackouts lately. Well done, you! No comment on her storyline, though.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Not even Liz can beat Laura's bitchface." Slay her, Laura! If they get rid of GF again I'm gonna be aghast.

It was a thing of absolute beauty.  I'm loving this Laura, out from underneath the dead weight of Luke.  FV better pull his head out and keep GF.

Why is it that now they finally make Silas watchable?  Grrrrr

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 10

I have been a life long fan of this show. I am in my early 40's and I don't remember a time when it was this bad. I'm ready to rant!

Let's start with Ava since that is what pissed me off today. I am a huge fan of Maura West  I have seen her spin shit into gold on 2 soaps. Even she can't salvage this Denise crap. Her whole motivation for being Denise is to see her daughter, Avery. So instead of trying to get Sonny to let her see her "niece" she boinks her other daughter's boyfriend repeatedly because they have this "pull" that no one else understands. And Kiki can't be told because she would be so hurt. Then when she is called out on it, she threatens the man who saved her worthless life, WTF

Then you have Elizabeth, my favorite character. I actually turned off the show when BH got fired and called in to get her rehired. What the hell are they doing to her?That's all I have to say about her because I have no words. 

And saint Sam with the same boring scenes every day. It's either her and Jakeson talking about ELQ or her and Patrick. How I cannot stand her and Patrick. How pathetic was he to stand in his best friend's living room to try to convince her to let Danny see Jake? And the Jason talk foreplay? Puke worthy!

This show is so beyond boring and stupid! There is no one to root for individually or as couples. Sonny and Carly are ridiculous. Francco, Nina, Ric, Madeline, etc...are too ridiculous to be ridiculous. Everyone else is to boring to remember and the vets are essentially props for everyone else.

Please bring back the real General Hospital!

• Love 8

A) That really is like trying to split hairs. Liz knows full well that Jake is Jason and wants him to raise little Jake with her. And I'm 100% positive even if Jason regained his memories and choose to be in the mob, she'd still want to raise  resurrected Jake with him because she didn't care one bit when Jake was working for Julian. Liz wants her cake and eat it, too. Sure, she'll tell Jake that Lucky is his father, but she also wants his biodad Jason to be in his life. Since she wants that, then she doesn't get to cut little Jake's other family out of his life.

B) That's not completely true about Kristina. She did technically have two dads when Alexis was married to Ric. She even called him DaddyRic. Somehow her little mind wasn't blown away by having two dads anymore than Jake's would be. And revealing to Danny that Jake is his brother shouldn't confuse him too much, since he doesn't have two dads either.

C) I'm seriously not grasping how you think Sam should be responding to little Jake. So, because at one time she resented the kid she has to bring that up all the time and, what, pretend that she isn't fine with him presently. She has no animosity towards the kid now. She was fine with Jake long before she had her own little Jason. She got over her Jake issues a long time ago.

D) It doesn't dismiss Lucky as Jake's father to point out a trait you think he might have gotten from his biological father. 

E) The pain of losing a toddler versus losing a grown son may be different, but grief is grief, it doesn't diminish the pain Monica felt. It doesn't matter that their relationship wasn't what it had been. He was still her son and she loved him. In fact her pain might be even greater because she never got a chance to regain that bond with Jason that she had for many, many years and now she thinks she won't ever get that chance to reconnect with him again - and never will if Liz and her lies succeed. Monica's pain over Jason may be magnified because she's lost all of her other children, but even if Jason is the only kid she lost she would still be mourning him because he was her child and she loved him.

A) I both agree and disagree with you. I can leave it at that.

B) Kristina understood that Mommy had married Ric - or was she in the wedding? can't remember how old she was at the time. But anyway, I get that a little kid can understand that man is a father figure because he's marrying your mommy. At that age, kids understand people get married and have babies within the context of marriage.They also understand Moms and Dad choose not to live together anymore (aka divorced) and sometimes a parent goes to Heaven. Some kids can  understand that one woman gave birth to them, but to let you be happy we got to be your parents. None of those are correct for little Jake, so it seems like any explanation - especially after Jake's brief time with Lucky -would be really confusing at that age for an 8-year-old and toddler. Lucky told Cam the man who had his DNA died, so he got to be Cam's Dad. I thought that was a simple, good explanation - but that's not the case for Jake. Wasn't Michael a pre-teen/tween when he came to understand the difference between bio-dad AJ and his dad Sonny?

C) No, Sam doesn't have to bring up her bad deeds all the time -it's just her "down in the dirt" comment about Liz v.s "did things I wasn't proud of" is/throwing deep shade at Liz while trying to present herself to her boytoy as simply imperfect  ...but definitely superior to Liz of the poor judgement. That's what bothers me.

D) Don't agree in this situation because of the specific trait pointed out.

E) I'll agree with you, except to change it to Liz and Nik and their lies succeed.

She expressed regret to Monica but she never apologized to Sam. 

I agree that Nikolas should get read the riot act too, but let's be real here. He's not the one fucking Jason and lying about it. Both Nik and Liz are lying liars, But I think if we HAD to score one worse over the other...it's the one emotionally manipulating and sharing Jason's bed. But that's just me.

A) Okay - I honestly couldn't remember the specifics of that.

B) But Jason is his former brother-in-law. He spelled out for Liz why Jakeson shouldn't know the truth; her first reaction wasn't 'Yay! He's all mine!' Nik would still have Jason's wedding ring in his safe if Spencer hadn't swiped it and taken it to the Drake House. Then he ordered a hit on Hayden when she was going to tell Jakeson the truth, and then emotionally manipulated Lucky and Laura after he and Liz reached their 'agreement.' He's been working all along to get what he wants, but now he hides behind "I don't want to destroy Liz's happiness, and Sam's happy with Patrick anyway.

HeatLifer - Laura amused me for the reasons TeeVee329 stated. She's pushing Liz to tell the truth, using an example from Liz's own life (she was getting close to Lucky when the truth was outed - not by Laura- about Nikolas and remembers how ugly that time was). I liked her shading Jakeson. But I was annoyed that she asked if he'd had flashes and he said no, when yes, dumbass, you've had flashes of memory involving Sam - not just deja vu. But he's made zero effort to explore any of it. He's just dismissed it all because his memories haven't all come flooding back to make life easier and also he just goes along with whatever his current gf says. 

• Love 3
(edited)

It was a thing of absolute beauty. I'm loving this Laura, out from underneath the dead weight of Luke. FV better pull his head out and keep GF.

I really hope Genie made/is making Frank pay her her fair, earned, and deserved rate, and that she at least some story control. I will say that at least one (more) thing Ron did right was drop that 'Laura is fragile' bullshit that Guza invented.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

My more serious response. This is what gets my goat, too.  You're supposed to wind characters up -- put them in dramatic or comical situations -- but then you're supposed to let them go and have them react -- or adjust and be proactive -- just as you'd expect them to.  Not with Ron. He always worked assbackwards, so of course the crux of any storyline about Jake being alive would hinge around Sam and Danny.  Of. course. it. would.

His own trauma means nothing.  His home life.  His mother's readjustment.  Jake's readjustment to his brothers and his brothers to Jake. All of that. The years his mother missed would have to be highest on that list.

But nope. Not with Ron.  Just like everything revolved around Patrick's man pain at having to hurt Sabrina's feelings when Robin returned.  Or around ... eh, you all know all the things that Ron neglected for the sake of hitting a plot point of his, over and over like a sadistic dentist hitting on a bad nerve again and again.

• Love 5

It was a thing of absolute beauty.  I'm loving this Laura, out from underneath the dead weight of Luke.  FV better pull his head out and keep GF.

Why is it that now they finally make Silas watchable?  Grrrrr

It's always like that at the end of a character/actor's stint, for the most part.

• Love 1
There have been basically no scenes showing Liz bonding with her son, getting to know her son, figuring out what those four years were like for him, having him meet Cam and Aiden (brothers he remembers), or enjoying his reappearance.

Ron never does those kinds of scenes. I don't think the kid actor playing Jake is up to that, but there could be scenes with Liz talking to someone about it.

Laura cracked me up. She's all "I would have done things with Lucky and Nikolas. Very. Differently. I wish I had told. The truth" and meanwhile Liz is all noooooooooooooo.

I enjoyed that, too. Liz really needs to have the screws put to her about this ridiculous lie. It's only going to get worse.

Why is it that now they finally make Silas watchable?

He should have been ragging on Morgan much, much earlier.

• Love 3

to be honest, the way they do wee little laddie Jake's hair almost gives me a rage blackout. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to get the hint that he's JUST like Jason.

• Love 5

to be honest, the way they do wee little laddie Jake's hair almost gives me a rage blackout. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to get the hint that he's JUST like Jason.

Um, he has the same lifeless robotic look in his eyes!

• Love 2
(edited)

You know who I would like as a couple with Laura?  OG Kevin Collins, that's who.  I'd like to see the intelligent and sophisticated silver fox doctor with the woman who has fucking seen it all and is OVER it.  I can buy that Kevin would be ready for a change from Lucy, and it would be fun to see if the two of them can spark.

But anyhoo.  I am oh so ready for the roller coaster ride this show is about to become, starting with Silas' untimely end.  I knew it was a serious error of judgement on his part when he revived Ava - death did not improve her temperament or her sense of propriety.

Yep, I forsee a lot of rats leaving a sinking ship here.  Any other soap would have them leaving town for...reasons...so that means GH will have to kill them all.  It's going to be OT for all of our favorite town's resident serial killers.   I can't possibly believe any of their deaths are a permanent solution, however.

I am willing to accept crumbs if Sonny gets to be the bad guy again.  I'll put up with some terrible shit in other areas if I can just have him pay some damned consequences.  It was fun watching him squirm while Michael hated him.  MWOP for the win!  

Come on Sabrina, have a seriously negative confrontation with the moobster that changes your mind utterly and then nag Mike to dump his ass.  I'll even root for you with Michael, you'd make a great Quartermaine.  What would really make me happy?  Revive AJ.  Have backstory on him being wisked away after his "death" (again) and sent to somewhere besides Crighton-Clark, returning healthy and fired up.  Have AJ be the spoiler in Sonny and Carly's *yawn* wedding.  

Develop Nik as the resident villain, I'm down with that.  He's already unredeemable even if he actually felt bad about anything.  Which he doesn't.  I think that the thing that most disturbs me though was the way he dumped Brit for being dishonest and plotting with his appalling child, and then used his man pain from that as his excuse to become scum.  Not cool, Nik!  

Edited by Reo
  • Love 8

How about, he only says "Hi" when meeting someone new - that's an obvious sign he's totally "like his father." Grandma Monica says so.

Well, if he said "Hi" and then violently trashed his room, Monica would know.

• Love 5
Silas is so going to turn up dead.  Why he thinks he can threaten Ava, who's killed once to protect Julian's identity, not even her own, and not think for one minute that she'll do everything in her power to stop him.  It won't even be a whodunit, it will be an Avadunit.

I do have to admit, if Silas is killed off there do not seem to be many options for the guilty party besides Ava and Morgan.  Madeline, still harboring a grudge about Silas cheating on Nina two decades ago?  Delia, who learns of Silas' plans from Ava?  Sonny, after finding out that Silas kidnapped Avery and performed the bone marrow transplant?

I do have to admit, if Silas is killed off there do not seem to be many options for the guilty party besides Ava and Morgan.  Madeline, still harboring a grudge about Silas cheating on Nina two decades ago?  Delia, who learns of Silas' plans from Ava?  Sonny, after finding out that Silas kidnapped Avery and performed the bone marrow transplant?

Answered in the Spoiler thread.

Yep, I forsee a lot of rats leaving a sinking ship here.  Any other soap would have them leaving town for...reasons...so that means GH will have to kill them all.  It's going to be OT for all of our favorite town's resident serial killers.   I can't possibly believe any of their deaths are a permanent solution, however.

I'm not so sure we are going to see a cast culling, from some of the things I heard about how it was Frank's idea to grab all those Y&R actors and cram them into the show willy-nilly.  And if that is the case... I seriously pity the poor writers, trying to make the likes of Franco into a viable character.

I am willing to accept crumbs if Sonny gets to be the bad guy again.  I'll put up with some terrible shit in other areas if I can just have him pay some damned consequences.  It was fun watching him squirm while Michael hated him.  MWOP for the win!

My biggest fear as that the new writers will completely misread the audience's wishes and return the show to the Sonny Uber Alles shitfest it was under Guza.  The Downfall of Sonny Corinthos and Michael Without Pity was the one thing that Ron did right.  I especially don't want to see Michael turn into a Sonny ass-kisser again with A.J. still dead.  It would be little more than a middle finger jammed in the face of loyal fans who have already put up with much from this show.

Sam, because HELENA!!!

Seriously, the one person I don't want to be the killer is Ava.  Maura West is a fine actress, but having her character commit two cold-blooded murders and instigate a third is just too much.  It's writing the character into a corner she will never ever be able to get out of and destroying what little shreds of likeability she has left.

• Love 4
(edited)

Just watched and that was a seriously good episode. I was on the edge of my seat. There was so much tension with Laura/Elizabeth, Franco/Madeline, Scotty/Nicholas and the best with Silas/Ava. Michael Easton was so good with his rage, anger & disgust. It's too bad

they are offing him. Why can't they just kill nuKiki?

Edited by OnceSane
added spoiler tags
  • Love 1

I wandered over from Y&R. You guys got the actors that got piddled away by that show. Billy Miller exchanged for the wooden SB. Ava... I think you had to take MS so you could get the best trade for Ava. Sorry. That show piddled away Angie and Jessie from AMC.

Did I see Richard Burgi when I was channel flippin. The Sentinel?  That might get me to switch.

Did I see Richard Burgi when I was channel flippin. The Sentinel?  That might get me to switch.

You did. He's a recast Paul Hornsby, a.k.a. Tracy Quartermaine's ex-husband and Dillon's father.

Loved watching Laura making Liz squirm, even if it makes no sense that Laura or Lucky would keep this secret. Fuck you RC for trying to destroy their characters with this stupid, dragged out way too long storyline.

• Love 8

My more serious response. This is what gets my goat, too.  You're supposed to wind characters up -- put them in dramatic or comical situations -- but then you're supposed to let them go and have them react -- or adjust and be proactive -- just as you'd expect them to.  Not with Ron. He always worked assbackwards, so of course the crux of any storyline about Jake being alive would hinge around Sam and Danny.  Of. course. it. would.

His own trauma means nothing.  His home life.  His mother's readjustment.  Jake's readjustment to his brothers and his brothers to Jake. All of that. The years his mother missed would have to be highest on that list.

But nope. Not with Ron.  Just like everything revolved around Patrick's man pain at having to hurt Sabrina's feelings when Robin returned.  Or around ... eh, you all know all the things that Ron neglected for the sake of hitting a plot point of his, over and over like a sadistic dentist hitting on a bad nerve again and again.

Exactly.  Even showing Elizabeth putting Jake to sleep the night he came home with tears in her eyes.  Or something! They have missed so many emotional beats.  It's frustrating because I know BH could have done a great job with this material, but she got handed peanuts to work with before it became all about guilt over the Jake lie.  

Ron never does those kinds of scenes. I don't think the kid actor playing Jake is up to that, but there could be scenes with Liz talking to someone about it.

That is true as well.  It would have been nice for Liz/Patrick or Liz/Monica even to have more meaningful scenes about LJ before it became all about Carly, Jake and Sam.  

I also really hope that Laura nails into Liz.  Laura might be the closest person Liz has to a mother figure on canvas, and I hope Laura's disappointment in her resonates.  

• Love 7

I don't think everyone keeping the secret has much right to rail on Liz. If they're so concerned, TELL.

I agree, but since that won't happen it would be nice to get some well-written emotional scenes between Laura and Elizabeth.  Although, who I am kidding??

• Love 1