Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm not going to comment on the stupidity of the ELQ or the Dante/Lulu stories because it hurts my brain to give them much thought.

WTF is up with Sonny taking TJ in? He just lost his daughter because everyone knows kids in his general vicinity get shot at/kidnapped/terrorized/ so, as a favor to Shawn, he's signing TJ up for the Corinthos House of Horrors and Broken Barware?

Also, there were far too many cuts to Nic directly after Jennifer/Luke/Laura were talking about who has Lucky. I suspect Nic may have gone full on dark, and kidnapped his own brother for... reasons. (Why he would want L&L out of the way I don't know, maybe to distract Tracy?)

• Love 14
(edited)

Who wrote the show today?

Andrea Archer Compton. 

The only two people who I can really guess when they've wrote an episode are Scott Sickles and Kate Hall. The others I can't really tell.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)

WTF is up with Sonny taking TJ in? He just lost his daughter because everyone knows kids in his general vicinity get shot at/kidnapped/terrorized/ so, as a favor to Shawn, he's signing TJ up for the Corinthos House of Horrors and Broken Barware?

It's what he does. Takes in boys who are either estranged from their family or mad at them. To wit:

i.e. Exhibit A.: Stone (estranged from Jagger and living on the streets).

Exhibit B.: Jason--mad at his family, because they wanted Jason Quartermaine back.

Exhibit C.: Lucky-mad at Luke and Laura, after Laura's rape reveal (Midgety Moobster then put him in that building that was set on fire and "killed" Lucky).

Did I miss anyone?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
(edited)

So I know the Awkward Dinner of Guilt was about showcasing Liz's Crazy Eyes but the dialogue for Sam was just ridiculous.

She just got finished talking to people about the yeeeeears she spent as a con artist so all the hand wringing and pearl clutching about Nik "breaking the law" should've cone from someone else.

She was absolutely right to throw Emily in Nik's face and call him out on his lack of loyalty. Everything she said to him was dead on - everything afterwards should've come from someone else or should've been about how it was out of character and less about moral outrage

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

Wow - I didn't know Anthony Geary was leaving - but, man, 37 years is a hell of a long time for any gig.

Sure is.  Too bad Show didn't realize it was asking too much of him and let him "go in a new direction" 36 years and 11 months ago.

• Love 11
(edited)

Today's episode was an exercise in frustration for me, from start to finish, and a prime example of how not to write a riveting soap opera.  Was there one plotline not advanced without primary impetus from cliche, contrivance, absurdity, stupidity, or out-of-characterness?

I seriously wanted to throttle Lucy!  I was hoping her vote was because Nicholas had something on her, i.e. the great ballot box heist or the disappearance of Sigmund the 3rd, but nooooo...  Lucy Coe - Lucy Coe - thinks Michael needs to "grow up" and get more experience and wisdom before embarking on a career as CEO of ELQ.  Nevermind the company is flourishing under his hand, he has the confidence of his family, he's shed himself of his criminal and crazy family members and girlfriends, he and his cohorts ferreted out the snakes in their midst, he's in a new and good relationship with one of Lucy's very own BFFs, he's raising A.J. and well...  (And if one more person ever complains about his taking A.J. from Sonny, I want Michael to promptly launch into the litany of harm brought to the children of Sonny Corinthos because they are the children of Sonny Corinthos.)  Michael is the one who needs to grow up, Lucy?

Who made her the arbiter of Michael's destiny anyway?

And why do they keep calling her vote the tie-breaker?  It's a stalemate breaker, at best, unless they're trying to tell us ELQ had 101% stock.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 18

She was absolutely right to throw Emily in his face and call him out on his lack of loyalty. Everything she said to him was dead on - everything afterwards should've come from someone else or should've been about how it was out of character and less about moral outrage

Someone who's husband wasn't a mob hitman.

Ok I'll admit maybe Nik isn't exactly clean but I just thought it was too much that Sam was worried about Danny's legacy being hurt by Nikolas.  Danny's legacy is that his father was a mob hitman.

• Love 9

Okay . . . NOW I want Tracy to snatch that dead animal off Nik's head and shove it down Lucy's throat choking her to death . . . And then take off her earnings, and then beat the shit out of Nik. 

Michael & Tracy continue to be amazing.  This is the relationship I wanted AJ & Tracy to have, but Chad & Jane are so awesome together that ill "settle" for this!

• Love 20
(edited)

Ok I'll admit maybe Nik isn't exactly clean but I just thought it was too much that Sam was worried about Danny's legacy being hurt by Nikolas. Danny's legacy is that his father was a mob hitman.

Well, ELQ is also part of his legacy (he has voting shares and a vested interest in its future) so I understand that part - Especially since Nik admitted that his crappy stewardship of Cassadine Industries is the reason he's pursuing ELQ

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

I hope that Sonny doesn't take advantage of TJ the way he took advantage of a young brain damaged Jason. I know that TJ isn't brain damaged but he is so dumb, he may as well be.

Sonny not only took advantage of brain damaged Jason, but also Karen and It makes me sick when people say he was so good to Stone. Yea sure .he made the teen a runner for the mob, and tried to make Karen a pole dancer, when she balked he said she enjoyed being molested as a child. If this keeps up, TJ can room with Shawn again in prison.

• Love 7

Who wrote the show today?

the monkees in the computer room.

Ok I'll admit maybe Nik isn't exactly clean but I just thought it was too much that Sam was worried about Danny's legacy being hurt by Nikolas.  Danny's legacy is that his father was a mob hitman.

And his great grandmother is certified , plus his whole family on Sam's side are EVUL ! The boy is going to grow up one screwed up individual.

• Love 4
(edited)

What is everyone smoking on this show lately?  

Lucy Coe, who supposedly adored Edward, just gave his company to a Cassadine?  And why?  Because Michael was mean to poor whittle Duke?  Because Michael outsmarted Sonny to get Avery - who is a happy, healthy baby right now?  Really Lucy?  Really???  It's too stupid for words, and I am worried that Michael and Tracey were taking the loss as a defeat.  They BETTER be in fighting spirit after the shock wears off because my fear is that RC is going to make Nikolas the new head of ELQ while Michael does what?  Plays house with Sabrina?  Forgives Sonny?  It better be that he teams up with Tracey to get back the company.  

Dante and Lulu are also smoking the glue.  So Lulu is just going to leave PC with Dillon, and leaving her baby boy, and no one is going to ask questions?  Dante is suddenly suspicious of an affair with Dillon based on homewrecker Valerie's quiet manipulations?  Dante would have confronted Lulu, not slinked into the shadows.

What was the purpose of Jennifer and Luke's almost sexcapade?  Is it just so that RC can bring back Jennifer Smith?  "Look everyone, See what I did?  I brought back some Luke history."  

The icing on the cake beyond the stupidity of Lucy Coe (and that was huge) was the newly christened Police Commissioner telling the new girl every single thing about her personal life.  WTF?  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 8
(edited)

If Nik manages to grab ELQ from the Quartermaines....and if Nik then meets an untimely end or disappears....would that mean that Nik's heir apparent (wait for it) SPENCER would own ELQ, sit in Edward's big CEO chair, smoke his cigars, and win his twu wuv, Emma?

Would SPENCER-in-charge  be the Chairman and the Quartermaines' worst nightmare?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Jasus . . . Posts conjuring images of Luke having sex and Spenthaw running ELQ, are you all trying to traumatize me?  I'm STILL recoiling in horror from Luke & Felicia's 1999 love scene . . . 

• Love 2

Since I am not going to bother watching today, will someone just answer one question....Did Luke actually sleep with Jennifer?

No.  They got rip roaring drunk and Luke passed out.  Turns out Jennifer never had Lucky in the first place, she was just contacted by an unknown person to do this.  

• Love 1
Someone said maybe the person who has Lucky is also blackmailing Nikolas. That would be good.

It's the only reason that would make sense. There's no way "the Qs didn't love Emily, so I'm going to take down ELQ" makes any sense at any time.

Michael & Tracy continue to be amazing.  This is the relationship I wanted AJ & Tracy to have, but Chad & Jane are so awesome together that ill "settle" for this!

How many times have we said that the Qs united against an outsider is so much more interesting than the Qs squabbling among themselves?

What was the purpose of Jennifer and Luke's almost sexcapade?  Is it just sot hat RC can bring back Jennifer Smith?  "Look everyone, See what I did?  I brought back some Luke history."

Yes. 

Sonny's "My hands are clean when it comes to the hit on your mother" was laughable. Duke might have been in charge, but it's not as if Sonny gave it all away.

The Lulu/Dante story is just aggravating enough that it might be my substitute rage blackout. News flash, Lulu: If you don't want to keep lying to Dante, don't keep lying to Dante. News flash, Dante: If you want to know what's going on with Lulu, ask her. 

So Valerie thinks bribery is a good thing because it helped someone she thinks got a raw deal? It certainly didn't take her long to get her Port Charles Situational Ethics card.

Why can't TJ live above Kelly's? I doubt Luke or Bobbie would mind.

I really don't like Jordan's ombré hair. What did they do to it? Her curls were absolutely glorious.

Once again, every time I think the show can't get any stupider, it manages to do exactly that.

• Love 10

I seriously wanted to throttle Lucy!  I was hoping her vote was because Nicholas had something on her, i.e. the great ballot box heist

I'm hoping beyond hope that the ballot box thing is what it is, and she's just hiding that from Tracy and Michael.  Lynn was playing that like there was something more underlying her motives for voting in favor of Nikolas.  If it really is that reason, then I've gotta gawk at how stupid that is, especially considering how Tracy and Michael (IMO, quite awesomely) shot down each of her reasons.

• Love 7
(edited)

I've actually enjoyed a lot about the ELQ story and hope to continue doing so - the Q's uniting and scheming together, Sam actually doing a real job, Jake/Jason among the Q's as one of them, Michael and Tracy and Sabrina. What drags it down and hurts it badly is dumb plot-driven shit like Lucy's choice, or shoehorning staff favorites Franco and Nina into it, or inundating it with annoying guest players (Sloane) and then having so much of it take place offscreen ("I just blackmailed half the family - we're still on track!"). There are ways to fix the bad parts with more care taken, but it's easily the most wholly interesting storyline I've seen on this show in, uh, awhile. Why? Because it uses a longtime family in a longtime family business, and all those inter-connections of characters and history, and it's taken chances with the new Jason in a way they should've months ago. (And may not have done, if not for alleged rewrites killing the deeply boring Undercover Jake with Julian vs. Sonny nonsense.)

Also, I know the budget is tight, but I'm sorry, the fucking 'board meeting' should not be four or five people on some couches in the corner like y'all are chilling at the Southwest Airlines departure lounge!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 17

And yet again today, Genie Francis takes the award for best acting in the Jennifer/Luke scenes.  Not saying anything, just facial expression are 100% better than any of the dialogue.  LOL

The rest of the show is just multiple levels of stupid.  Hallelujah for the ff button on my dvr.

• Love 12

I'm hoping beyond hope that the ballot box thing is what it is, and she's just hiding that from Tracy and Michael.  Lynn was playing that like there was something more underlying her motives for voting in favor of Nikolas.  If it really is that reason, then I've gotta gawk at how stupid that is, especially considering how Tracy and Michael (IMO, quite awesomely) shot down each of her reasons.

But Lucy and Nikolas were alone, and Lucy never once mentioned that Nikolas was blackmailing her.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I've actually enjoyed a lot about the ELQ story and hope to continue doing so - the Q's uniting and scheming together, Sam actually doing a real job, Jake/Jason among the Q's as one of them, Michael and Tracy and Sabrina. What drags it down and hurts it badly is dumb plot-driven shit like Lucy's choice, or shoehorning staff favorites Franco and Nina into it, or inundating it with annoying guest players (Sloane) and then having so much of it take place offscreen ("I just blackmailed half the family - we're still on track!"). There are ways to fix the bad parts with more care taken, but it's easily the most wholly interesting storyline I've seen on this show in, uh, awhile. Why? Because it uses a longtime family in a longtime family business, and all those inter-connections of characters and history, and it's taken chances with the new Jason in a way they should've months ago. (And may not have done, if not for alleged rewrites killing the deeply boring Undercover Jake with Julian vs. Sonny nonsense.)

Also, I know the budget is tight, but I'm sorry, the fucking 'board meeting' should not be four or five people on some couches in the corner like y'all are chilling at the Southwest Airlines departure lounge!

I just guffawed, both pentultimately and cosmicly.

Seriously, comments like this are why I continue to watch this show.  

ETA: I literally couldn't agree more with everything you said about ELQ, the Q's in general, and Jasus.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6
Between Lucy, the weirdness with Luke, and Dante instabelieving that Lulu is sleeping with Dillon, this is such a weird episode. It's like I'm watching an alternate universe fanfic. Not to mention Nikolas' on-going streak of evildom.

Hey! As a fanfic writer I'm offended - there is no way in hell the crap with Luke, Lucy or Dante would ever cross my mind let alone my fanfic.

As for Nikolas, I called that one last year and if he goes after Robin, I'm suing lol. He's a Cassadine - the family history is there and at least it isn't beyond believability that he would go evil it's just the execution and reasons for it that are ridiculous.

• Love 3

I got the impression that it was blackmail when Lucy said to Nik something to the effect of "I was only supposed to vote to keep you on the board."  I really can't remember the exact wording, but it was clear, to me, that she was acting under some kind of duress from Nik there.  Either that or LH feels like this shit makes absolutely no sense at all, and she's adding her own layers to it in her performance.  

It's the only reason that would make sense. There's no way "the Qs didn't love Emily, so I'm going to take down ELQ" makes any sense at any time.

If this isn't tied into the Lucky kidnapping, and it is just Nik being a douchebag, I hope that, when Lucky eventually resurfaces, he reams Nik out for betraying Em's memory by using her as an excuse to steal the company of the family she loved. 

• Love 6

After all the nice things I said about the last couple of episodes, this is the thanks I get? Hated today. I refuse to comment on the Sonny, TJ, and Jordan situation. Just can't.

I know it's for plot reasons but couldn't they even make an attempt to have Dante and Lulu act in character? Given the relationship I've seen over the years, Lulu would never keep this secret from Dante, and he sure as hell wouldn't creep around spying on her just based on the word of someone he barely knows- he'd ask his damn wife about it. All I'm asking for is a little bit of effort, writers.

Was it only Monday that I was enjoying the ELQ story? How long ago it seems. And just like that, Michael's gone and Nik is CEO? That was quick. And sad. Stupid illogical out-of-character Lucy.

• Love 7

I know it's for plot reasons but couldn't they even make an attempt to have Dante and Lulu act in character? Given the relationship I've seen over the years, Lulu would never keep this secret from Dante, and he sure as hell wouldn't creep around spying on her just based on the word of someone he barely knows- he'd ask his damn wife about it. All I'm asking for is a little bit of effort, writers.

If Dillon didn't know, I could see Lulu keeping this. But since he DOES know, the cat is already out of the bag in a sense, and she would go to Dante since Dime Store already knows. blah.

• Love 5

The first scene today just about did me in--Luke waking up in a torn shirt with his hands tied together.  Yuk.  No wonder Jennifer got drunk; I wouldn't want to wake up next to the walking dead, either.

The waitress sucking up to Sonny about how Michael's problems were karma for taking his child.  Why did she care?  Was that flirting?  Yuk again.

I liked Jordan's dress....

• Love 4
If Dillon didn't know, I could see Lulu keeping this. But since he DOES know, the cat is already out of the bag in a sense, and she would go to Dante since Dime Store already knows. blah.

It's so stupid. If Lulu told him not to get law enforcement involved, he wouldn't. Lulu is the one who always goes off half-cocked; case in point, insisting she has to go help find Lucky.

• Love 5

Andrea Archer Compton. 

The only two people who I can really guess when they've wrote an episode are Scott Sickles and Kate Hall. The others I can't really tell.

Oh I know when AAC writes.  Sadlly.

(edited)

I get so sick of the sonny pimping.Man even Robert never got this much pimping and he was the shows best hero.Sonny took care of stone when he was sick years ago big deal.If he relly cared about Stone he'd stop having unprotected sex and sonnys not the first person who've taken care of a sick loved one and watched them die.

Not sure why we should care about sonny losing custody of avery anyways.It's not like he cares.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 2

Sonny cares! Just like he cares about any of his properties.

Ok, but does he still sit on the board?  Does he still have voting rights?

I think yes. Michael still owns stock and sits on the board with full voting rights, he's just not CEO.

• Love 4

I don't even want to watch today because it will cause major rage blackouts. They have ruined TJ and made Lucy more ridiculous than she already is. Dante now has an "excuse" to cheat, when what would have made sense was to ask Lulu what her secret is. I may just ff to the Michael/Tracy stuff. Thanks everyone!

• Love 4

This is so random, and might be the product of insomnia, but I would have given 5 dollars for Sloane to pop into the Luke/Laura/Jennifer scene, shout out, "don't do it Luke! Keep ya damn pants on! Your shrimp of a son ain't worth bangin' this broad!" and then teleport back out.

• Love 9

Dear Jason,

When you get your memory back, can you please eat a huge plate of duck in front of Luvy Coe, after you kick Nikolas Cassadine's ass, and then in between bites tell the dumbed down Ms. Coe to sell Micheal her share/s of ELQ or her Sigmund is next? We can call the past twenty years square. Even that time you got all roided out, orange, and stopped blinking. We'll be cool. Do it for the Quartermaines.

Hugs!

A (possible ) fan

• Love 8

Dear Jason,

When you get your memory back, can you please eat a huge plate of duck in front of Luvy Coe, after you kick Nikolas Cassadine's ass, and then in between bites tell the dumbed down Ms. Coe to sell Micheal her share/s of ELQ or her Sigmund is next? We can call the past twenty years square. Even that time you got all roided out, orange, and stopped blinking. We'll be cool. Do it for the Quartermaines.

Hugs!

A (possible ) fan

I'll have this notarized.

• Love 3
(edited)

It looks like Sonny wants another son which is why he is being so helpful to TJ.  After all Morgan is really an idiot and Michael has cut him off. Sonny does need another young man to ruin.

I hope that I misheard or misunderstood but did Sonny really tell TJ that he was ok with TJ fucking Molly in his house because Alexis wouldn't be ok with it. I do hope that I am wrong.

I am glad that my Sonny hate is infinite because I really didn't think that I could hate him more.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 4
(edited)

It looks like Sonny wants another son which is why he is being so helpful to TJ.  After all Morgan is really an idiot and Michael has cut him off. Sonny does need another young man to ruin.

You didn't mention Dante. I like this kind of thinking, where one forgets they're related. :)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7