Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It's not just discouraging, it's very, very, very disheartening.  I don't think those that have issues with the show realize how difficult it is to continue to post here sometimes.

MO the show mostly sucks and I'm gonna keep talking about how badly it sucks to me. It's really what gets me through watching it tbh, being able to come here and bitch about it and see others bitching about it.

Honestly peach you are like one of the most positive posters on this board to me. :) I mean you like Michael and Sabrina!

It's not just discouraging, it's very, very, very disheartening.  I don't think those that have issues with the show realize how difficult it is to continue to post here sometimes.  Every single thread, every single one is so negative and it's hard and there's no oasis.    I have to really push myself to post because I'm trying to think of those that don't post but give me the thumbs up when I do post positively because I know there are people who DO like the show and I've grown to know and like the posters here so I don't just want to walk away.   When swimming against the tide feels like a ripple against a tidal wave, it doesn't feel like diversity, it feels like lonely.  But I'm trying, I don't know how much longer I can keep it up because I'm not a negative person and I was letting that negativity effect my enjoyment of the show and if that starts happening again, I'm gonna have to step away, but I'm trying.  So again, I call out to those people who do find anything positive about the show and join me in posting.  It's not scary, the posters here are respectful. So come out and play!

Honestly, if this is the way you feel, don't post here, life's too short, don't torture yourself. But if you do want to stick around for some stuff, use the ignore the feature. Use it a lot, heh. It's not like anyone knows.

In other news, Dante looked really really hot in the previews! That model who purses his lips looked decent too. And I know some of you are saying, "ulkis, you always think he looks hot, even when he's dressed like an old dockworker." Yes, mostly. But he looked REALLY GOOD in the preview with the hair and the necklace which is 1000% improvement on those chains he used to wear. :dreamy eyes at preview:

I really loved the scenes of Michael, Tracy and Avery, but I was nervous as well. I kept thinking, 'When is Luke going to burst in?' So sad because I think this is what is going to tip the 'scales of justice' (blech) back to Sonny's side.

You mean, "barely heave himself, dragging in one leg in at a time in", right? ;)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

Assuming for the moment Sonny is her father,  "Sonny loves his children".  So the dialogue supports Michael but to me, the tone of the scenes and the characters' reaction says that Michael is wrong.  It's weird.

I can't help but think that between the recent Michael and Sabrina scene (about Ava, Avery, and Carlos) that Sonny interrupted, Sonny saying "MY daughter!!!!" 2,000 times, the scene of Julian attacking Carlos and the two reviewing the loyalty-hatred between Carlos and Ava, and that test that only confirmed Carly is not related to Avery ... Ron is setting us up for Carlos to turn out to be the father of baby Avery. As in, it gets revealed that Carlos and Ava had a night of anger sex while she and Morgan were on the outs - but Ava said her baby was either Morgan's or Sonny's to keep herself alive.  Also, it would be the ultimate irony that after Ava threatened Sabrina and her baby to scare Carlos, Sabrina's revenge action really did jeopardize his own baby and now the child is in the home of the man he tried to kill per Ava's order. This IS NOT a spoiler. I just feel like that may be where all this is headed, especially now with Julian and Sonny threatening each other in the court house (yawn) and Carlos back to working for the Jerome mob. It would certainly "pull the rug out from under" both Michael and the self-righteous Sonny,Morgan, Kiki and Carly.

• Love 5

Honestly peach you are like one of the most positive posters on this board to me. :) I mean you like Michael and Sabrina!

Honestly, if this is the way you feel, life's too short, don't torture yourself. But if you do want to stick around for some stuff, use the ignore the feature. Use it a lot, heh. It's not like anyone knows.

In other news, Dante looked really really hot in the previews! That model who purses his lips looked decent too. And I know some of you are saying, "ulkis, you always think he looks hot, even when he's dressed like an old dockworker." Yes, mostly. But he looked REALLY GOOD in the preview with the hair and the necklace which is 1000% improvement on those chains he used to wear. :dreamy eyes at preview:

Actually it's more like even when he has really really bad hair.;)

And who is this model you speak of....hummm? I know you don't mean my secret boyfriend:P

And my trick to combat the blues over my UO about many things on the show is to watch before I read here. Then I'm able to put on my hip waders and trudge through, b/c I love the snark and occasionally I even agree with folks. Sometimes I even defend the negative side just for the fun of it. The big thing is not to take it too seriously.

• Love 5

Okay I was trolling over at the Y&R board for some chuckles and I stumbled upon this jem by our very own KerleyQ. It was meant about SBu's character Dullen(which I found ironic), but it brought a tear to my eye b/c it reminded me of my det Special Kitty being o' so Special.

I wanted to share it with you.

He might be wooden but he is MY very special Log...so to speak;)

• Love 6

You know what, I think they should show the Corinthos Clan playing a board game every week.

I think Risk would be a natural-- especially since fighting over territory might lead to bloodshed.

I'm wondering how the show can do another mob war. If Sonny's involved and is connected to violence and bloodshed in the near future-- doesn't that confirm that Michael getting custody was the right call?

• Love 3

I realize they will probably eventually reconcile Michael and Sonny.  But could we pretty please hold off on it until Michael has a son and names him Deke?

• Love 13

I'm pretty sure if someone asked poor Morgan to play Trivial Pursuit, he wouldn't know what "Trivial" or "Pursuit" meant. Maybe Pictionary is the game for Morgan?

• Love 9
I do think a big part of Carly's love for Michael is the connection to Jason.

I agree with this. Of all the men in her life, Jason will always be number one.

Kitten is way too advanced. Morgan would ask Kiki how to spell "car".

Or how to spell his name, even though that's not a legit Scrabble word, but it's Morgan. How would he know? 

Avery is going to need therapy.

She won't get it in Port Charles, poor thing. Worst therapists ever, especially now that Kevin's gone. (DayplayerKevin never counted to me.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

ICGS I understand where you'er coming from on going against the tide. Though I disagree that the posts are all negative. Only one or two posters hate every single about GH. I've felt that even the most innocuous, sometimes even pleasant scenes are met with negativity but I chalk it up to my bias because it almost always invovle character/s I like.

I feel this way about all SamTrick scenes, for example. I still post my like for them and scroll on. 

All that said, I don't think the overall tone of the board is negative at all; I think the tone of the board is hilarity. I had to stop reading the board in public 

Plus the Michael love is why I now always have this page up. On all my devices, wherever I am. 

• Love 7
Or how to spell his name, even though that's not a legit Scrabble word, but it's Morgan. How would he know?

Oh the conversation where they try to explain "proper nouns" to Morgan. 

• Love 8

IMO the show mostly sucks and I'm gonna keep talking about how badly it sucks to me.

Heeee. Wooooord.

And like ulkis said, there's always the ignore button, or just scroll right past whatever post, so I guess I don't get the issue? There are a lot of posters who like the show and have positive things to say on certain characters/stories. Not everyone is "negative."

• Love 3

Well, we know the Corinthos family won't be playing Sorry

I'm DYIN' here, I tell ya!

There needs to be a game show spinoff of the show called "Are You Smarter than Morgan Corinthos?"

Now STOP IT, I have to pee!

Edited by OnceSane
fixed quote tags
  • Love 7

I vote for the group playing Life and Morgan and Kiki being confused when they land on their assigned jooooobs. "But we don't actually have to work, RIGHT?"

This reminded me...is the show really going to do nothing with the refurbished brownstone? 

And what about the AJ clinic, is that now supposed to be forgotten too?

• Love 1

You must forget about the clinic/fill-in-the-blank until Ron wants you to know about it! This is in the GH Rulebook. That and "AJ is a drunk and fat."

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

I'm sure he knows.  He's probably already had his goons order up a lovely baby gift to be delivered to the Q mansion. 

Is there somewhere I can place money on "Morgan tries to join mob war, shoots self in foot"?  Because I'm feeling lucky. 

I feel I should bust out this old classic from you, KerleyQ, back from when Sonny really wanted to kill Julian Jerome tonight but he couldn't because of Danny:

"OK, fine, I can't kill Julian, Ava, or Carlos. Does Julian have a butler?" "Well, yes, but he's been teaching Morgan to read." "Fine! Does he have a tailor, then? A cook? Who's his mail man?"

And yes, I had it saved in my email because I found it so funny I sent it to a buddy of mine.

• Love 7

ICGS, let's not forget that I like Spencer.  Not just that I don't hate him, but I actually like him!  ​It's a tough row to hoe.  I think there's been a lot more positivity on here lately than we've had in a while - most of us are enjoying Michael, some like Nina and Franco, a few enjoy Sonny, Lucas and Brad are a hit with a lot of us, there's some support for Maxie/ Nathan or Maxie/Spinelli, and of course my aforementioned appreciation of Spencer.  The Legion of Doom, however - not sure I've seen anyone who is a huge fan of that!  

I'd enjoy a Corinthos family game of chess.  Imagine - Morgan would pick up the pretty horsey and just have it gallop wantonly around the board, Kiki would only be able to understand the pawns, Carly would insist on "being the queen," and Sonny would eventually just flip the whole board over in outrage, at which point they would all agree that Sonny was right and did what he had to do.  

• Love 8

This reminded me...is the show really going to do nothing with the refurbished brownstone? 

And what about the AJ clinic, is that now supposed to be forgotten too?

Dante and Lulu should move into it. They're living space for 3 is ridiculous, and now Spinelli freeloading too.

The clinic location did explode, they probably have to get a new location and the clinic will probably shown fulling working when it does,

• Love 1

OK...so Luke/Fluke/Puke's sister is being played by Dee Wallace, right? Well heck then...I betcha Luke's secret is that he is Blutbaden!

(Hello...anyone else out there besides me watch Grimm?)

For those who don't watch...a Blutbad is a wolflike creature from the NBC show Grimm. Dee Wallace played the blutbad mother of Monroe, one of the popular blutbad wessen (creatures). Hah, and you think GH is complicated & convoluted!

• Love 9

I'd like to know when the Floating Rib became such a "dive"? That place used to be what - a 4 star restaurant back in the day when Susan Moore, Lucy Coe and Alan Quartermaine reigned....What happened? or am I imagining shit again?

Edited by GrtGzu
  • Love 3

I'd like to know when the Floating Rib became such a "dive"? That place used to be what - a 4 star restaurant back in the day when Susan Moore, Lucy Coe and Alan Quartermaine reigned....What happened? or am I imagining shit again?

This isn't the original Floating Rib.  This was Jake's, a dive bar, and after Luke ran over Jake (Liz and Lucky's son), I believe he was the one who got the bar re-named. 

• Love 3
This isn't the original Floating Rib.  This was Jake's, a dive bar, and after Luke ran over Jake (Liz and Lucky's son), I believe he was the one who got the bar re-named.

Yeah, Luke paid Coleman a big chunk of change to rename the bar so that Liz wouldn't have to drive by and see the sign all the time. That was pretty much his only act of contrition for the accident. Fun fact: Jake, the original owner, was played by Stella Stevens!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

It's not just discouraging, it's very, very, very disheartening.  I don't think those that have issues with the show realize how difficult it is to continue to post here sometimes.  Every single thread, every single one is so negative and it's hard and there's no oasis.    I have to really push myself to post because I'm trying to think of those that don't post but give me the thumbs up when I do post positively because I know there are people who DO like the show and I've grown to know and like the posters here so I don't just want to walk away.   When swimming against the tide feels like a ripple against a tidal wave, it doesn't feel like diversity, it feels like lonely.  But I'm trying, I don't know how much longer I can keep it up because I'm not a negative person and I was letting that negativity effect my enjoyment of the show and if that starts happening again, I'm gonna have to step away, but I'm trying.  So again, I call out to those people who do find anything positive about the show and join me in posting.  It's not scary, the posters here are respectful. So come out and play!

If it helps you at all, ICGS, I have felt the same way you do at times even though you probably think of my posts as negative. When my fave is skewered, I tend to want to exit. But I stay because I really do love it here (and our predecessor of course). I refer to this place as my GH snark board. It always makes me laugh (some times too loud at work!).

And for opinions that are very minor, I still want Ava and Morgan reunited. Not only because I loved them, but I'm convinced that he's smarter around her. And let's face it, as evidenced from the last few pages he needs all the help he can get. He certainly won't get it from his family.

Maybe I should go back to my one good thing? I felt like I was the only one who had anything positive to say sometimes, heh. I agree with TeeVee about posting about the bad stuff because it's just funnier. And if you like Nina/Franco, you should go on Twitter. They get a lot of love there.

Ron is setting us up for Carlos to turn out to be the father of baby Avery. As in, it gets revealed that Carlos and Ava had a night of anger sex while she and Morgan were on the outs - but Ava said her baby was either Morgan's or Sonny's to keep herself alive.

The only problem with this is that when she and Morgan were on the outs, Carlos was behind bars. And I highly doubt that there was a conjugal visit.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

OK...so Luke/Fluke/Puke's sister is being played by Dee Wallace, right? Well heck then...I betcha Luke's secret is that he is Blutbaden!

(Hello...anyone else out there besides me watch Grimm?)

For those who don't watch...a Blutbad is a wolflike creature from the NBC show Grimm. Dee Wallace played the blutbad mother of Monroe, one of the popular blutbad wessen (creatures). Hah, and you think GH is complicated & convoluted!

Dude, I would pay cash to see Monroe and Rosalie turn up for a guest shot.

• Love 4

I'm not the biggest Spinelli fan but I do like the Sam/Spinelli friendship. Her physically dragging him from the room was funny. 

I liked Carly's dress. Other than that she continues to be vile.

Liz continues to be an idiot about Jake. 

• Love 1

Watching Sabrina being "cute and cuddly" with the baby she nearly aborted really...just no on that for me, I don't care how good the actress is with babies, which she clearly is superior to most, Sabrina just shouldn't be within one hundred feet of Avery imo.

Little Harper is such a cute chatter bug, she's just adorable. Really, between she and the baby playing Avery I am on adorable overload right now, heh.

Oh look at Ron writing out of his ass again. Sonny being a comforting and supporting big brother to Ric? In whose ass backward world would that ever happen? Oh that's right, Ron's.

No one is in character anymore, not a single damn one. Everyone is just going around according to whatever shitty agenda Ron's come up with.

I can't even with this so called "mob war". So many expletives come to mind. 

Dante, you don't have a "family". What you have is a cluster fuck of shitty DNA that you happen to share by no fault of your own, not a family.

Of course Spinelli sees Jake in Jason friendly attire from behind and immediately shrieks about his precious "Stone Cold" being back from the dead. Oy. I knew their scenes would be annoying but this is going to be unbearable, I can already tell.

• Love 5

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Dante!! Wow, that line about Sonny and sibs popping up "all over the damned place" is the most UCG or intentional CG I've enjoyed in a while. And Dante and Nathan shirtless, too. Awesome. But Nathan dear, you are too good for Maxie. So very disappointing that he "loves" her. The one bright spot is baby Georgie's babbling.

I can't even with Ric and Sonny. 

"There goes that trusty Carly logic." I'll acknowledge that Jake's line was amusing, too. Especially to her face.

Dante and Lulu are still both sweet and sexy together. 

Re: tomorrow and NuKiki's line ... I want Michael to turn around and say, "Says the woman who wanted Sonny to keep Avery, knowing that Sonny threatened and intended to kill your mother. Your judgment about who's psycho ...hmmm, not so great."

• Love 5

Ugh with Duke being such an asshole to Anna.

Duke is just...insufferable now.

I liked how Anna and Julian were actually civil to each other for once, maybe this means they'll eventually hook up.

• Love 3

Of course Spinelli sees Jake in Jason friendly attire from behind and immediately shrieks about his precious "Stone Cold" being back from the dead. Oy. I knew their scenes would be annoying but this is going to be unbearable, I can already tell.

Everything about Jake(son) is annoying.  Sam's not his type...but she really is...because he's Jason!  Get it! #hardyhar

Sabrina: Sonny lost custody (cue Avery laughing her cute lil head off lol!!)
Liz: I’ve got other patients
Me: Bwahahahahahahah!!
Rick: You are gonna get your daughter back
Me: God, I hope not!
Me: ANOTHER mob shootout?? But characters don’t have homes? Fuck you, Ron.

Spinelli is a such a tool, he should have Craftsman tattooed across his forehead.

• Love 4

Everything about Jake(son) is annoying.  Sam's not his type...but she really is...because he's Jason!  Get it! #hardyhar

And OMG he's already wearing "the" black tee-shirt and fills it out EXACTLY like Jason used to! 

I want there to be a second chip in his head which can be detonated. And hopefully the blast would be strong enough to take out anyone around him within thirty feet.

• Love 6

I think Maxie needs to look up the word "assertive" in the dictionary, because she's mistaking it for "passive-aggressive," "manipulative," and "weaselly."  And don't get me started on the "Stone Cold!" mystical-magical moment.  Blargh.

nuKiki!  You're A-okay with Sonny being around A.J., but not Sabrina?  Okay, your reservations re: Sabrina are perfectly understandable, but...  Why none re: Sonny?  This girl makes no sense.

Speaking of no sense, what was the point of that whole thing on the dock?  Those guys looked like the Keystone Crooks in that shoot-out.  Did any of them even pretend to look at a target when they stuck their guns out and shot?  Very badly directed and acted and a hullabaloo over nothing, in the end.  On the plus side, Anna looked awesome.  Loved her "Mr." line.

• Love 6