Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sonny is a child molester Karen was underage. I hate that this show forgets Karen

I think this shit is more whitewashed than luke raping laura is.Other than Bobbie says scott wanted  revenge on sonny is the closest that Karens name has been mentioned.

• Love 5

1) Ava had never heard that Sonny got out of prison, yet now she conveniently has an Ipad to watch the news?

Actually on Friday, Silas told Ava about the custody battle and she asked how Sonny had Avery since he was supposed to be in prison.  Silas explained about the pardon  So, when she reached for the i-pad, she was actively looking for information about what Silas had already told her.

I've never really seen RiHe before and I've not been to keen on Ric

I don't know how much I really care about Ric but I am fond of Rick Hearst.  He seems like a really nice guy and I have fond memories of him from Days of our Lives from literally decades ago.  I know the character of Ric has done horrible things (I have the benefit of not watching when it actually went down) but I can't help but have a soft spot for the characters* whose sole purpose seems to be to lose over and over again to Sonny and Jason.  The writing is so slanted against them that I just refuse to follow TPTB's script.  

* See also AJ

• Love 6

Sonny attempting to count "twenty...ONE yrs" was the unintentional best moment.

Ric: I've always liked you.

Michael: Really? I've always hated you.

MWOP with the knockout! God I'm loving him.

Ric there is no response to you having chained a woman to wall, NONE! So stfu.

I loved LWs look today. She always pulls off that ponytail nicely.

• Love 9

I LOVE Rick Hearst. I still remember when he won the Emmy for Guiding Light, back when the Emmys were on network television, and it was being promoted by some guy singing "Who's gonna get the Gold?" or something like that, and when he won, he ran to the stage and started singing "I got the gold! I got the gold!" It was so adorable.

Ahem.

I haven't watched this show in ages, but I may just speed watch the last couple of days to see Michael win and that midgety moobster lose.

• Love 7
Ric is weakest when he's working with Sonny, IMO. I'll never understand why he's so desperate for Sonny's approval. It never lasts, for one thing, and what does it get him? Nothing but trouble. I don't think the brother dynamic with those two has even been written properly or interestingly. Like almost everything on this fakakta show, it was an opportunity squandered.

I always felt like he was desperate for Sonny's approval as a substitute for his mother's love.  Adella chose to take Sonny and leave Ric with Trevor Lansing, and I'm sure that it felt like a major rejection to Ric.  He feels that if he were to gain Sonny's approval, he would have some sort of connection to his mother.

• Love 5

OMG, that LOOK on Michael's face when the judge change was announced and everyone else was all "whaaaaaa?".  The turn and slight smirk?

Loved it.  Though I will admit that I'm slow because my first thought was 'oh no, MIchael's got the mean judge".  Then I thought, wait, mean Judge is dating Grandma Monica.  What are the odds that Michael called Grandma........then Michael turned and smirked and I laughed and laughed.  

• Love 12

Michael & Ava are giving me life!

I just love that Carly has dropped both her daughter and Ava's with nannies, yet those allegedly awful Q's are spending time with Danny.

I want the shirt Julian was wearing today.

• Love 4
(edited)

It's so stupid and sloppy and shitty. It's stlopity.

This made me giggle so hard. Good thing I'd just left my meeting. I'm tempted to watch just so I know what "stlopity" looks like.

I just...it drains me to even try and work up the energy to be pissed off at how bad things have gotten.

The above is why I've been taking a break from the show. Why watch something you can't muster emotions/feelings for. Ron's plot lines are tedious, repetitive and tiring.

I'm holding out for the wonderful snark, Robin and CoJones. I'd even take and and Jordan with a actual storyline.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

OMG when I heard 'Judge Walters' and then saw the smirk on Michael's face, I literally cheered out loud! Grandma Monica must've pulled some strings to get her boyfriend assigned to the case.

Team Michael for the win!

• Love 8

This made me giggle so hard. Good thing I'd just left my meeting. I'm tempted to watch just so I know what "stlopity" looks like.

The above is why I've been taking a break from the show. Why watch something you can't muster emotions/feelings for.

Just read my recaps in the barge thread. We have drinks and we're putting a new wing menu. It's Wing Wednesday tomorrow.

• Love 2

OMG when I heard 'Judge Walters' and then saw the smirk on Michael's face, I literally cheered out loud! Grandma Monica must've pulled some strings to get her boyfriend assigned to the case.

Team Michael for the win!

I just wish it were something I cared more about? Like Sonny having all his property taken away and having to live above Kelly's. Michael taking cute baby will barely be a blow to Sonny.

• Love 4

Okay, so it's Michael with the trick up his sleeve.  I personally feel Michael is on the side of the angels in this case, even if it is garnished with the flavor of revenge.  The reason for that revenge only makes Michael's case stronger.  And I know PC is a mystical world, where the laws of the land that govern we mere mortals don't apply, but wow.  How are they gonna get around the reek of impropriety of having the boyfriend of the grandmother of one of the plaintiffs sitting on the bench now?

• Love 6

I just wish it were something I cared more about? Like Sonny having all his property taken away and having to live above Kelly's. Michael taking cute baby will barely be a blow to Sonny.

I hear you but I'll still take it. I guess I'm easy, but seeing Michael get one over on Sonny is awesome.

• Love 6

Yup. And for me, all those instances he would keep his mouth shut would have to be because lives were being threatened. That's all I would ever buy. And as we know, that's not what's happening here. It's all about money and business and shit Nik would never care about.

Honestly, I can kinda buy Nik screwing Sam over, even for ELQ, after he screwed over Lucky with the Liz affair and after he moved in Brook Lynn in his house even after Lulu told him what she'd done. I just need a little more, like him saying Sam was better off without Jason anyway. Actually I thought they were going to have Spencer in a coma and so Nik was gonna be like "I don't give a fuck anymore I will just do what I want" but they haven't, so now he just looks like an idiot.

• Love 2

I don't remember Delia and Sonny ever meeting. Delia said that Avery has her father's dimples. How does she know this? And why did Sonny say that Delia was a curse? or did I mishear.

I don't remember Delia and Sonny ever meeting. Delia said that Avery has her father's dimples. How does she know this? And why did Sonny say that Delia was a curse? or did I mishear.

I don't remember them meeting either, nor do I have a clue why he called her a curse. But it's Sonny.

When Sonny had a pregnant Ava under house arrest (such a good father!) He brought Delia for a visit to torture and stress out the trapped pregnant mother of his child. (oh! to feel the wonders of Sonny's love!)

• Love 4

They met when Delia was trying to steal the recording of Ava admitting to killing Connie from Sonny's safe.

• Love 1

Honestly, I can kinda buy Nik screwing Sam over, even for ELQ, after he screwed over Lucky with the Liz affair and after he moved in Brook Lynn in his house even after Lulu told him what she'd done. I just need a little more, like him saying Sam was better off without Jason anyway. Actually I thought they were going to have Spencer in a coma and so Nik was gonna be like "I don't give a fuck anymore I will just do what I want" but they haven't, so now he just looks like an idiot.

Nik is totes no saint. But it's not just about Sam for me. It's about Liz. It's about Robin. It's the fact that he hasn't told Helena to jump off a cliff.

And Tyler is looking damn good right now and I want to like his character, dammit.

• Love 3

When Sonny had a pregnant Ava under house arrest (such a good father!) He brought Delia for a visit to torture and stress out the trapped pregnant mother of his child. (oh! to feel the wonders of Sonny's love!)

Wasn't it the other way around, Ava called in Delia to torture Sonny, and also get the recording later?

• Love 3

I knew from the beginning I knew Michael would win b/c that is the only way for this story to continue, but I really don't like HOW Michael is winning. It is so Sonny like and not an attractive look on him.

Sonny comes across as sympathetic b/c the story writing DOES make Sonny the sympathetic one.

Alexis was totally right, the whole hearing is to prove Sonny is an unfit parent which hasn't happened so Michael is using underhanded tricks to "win", but this isn't a piece of meat it is a child and somehow I don't think Michael will take any better care of her than Sonny. Which is to say neither of them would really take care of her. Just since I've been watching Michael almost got killed by a hitman and blown up.

And Ava is no better. That whole whitewashing of her being a hitwoman is annoying. She will be no better a parent to her child than anyone else, plus she is supposed to be in prison. As wrong as wanting her dead was Ava is no better than Sonny  and would kill Sonny no problem herself. And loved how she could remind Silas about Sonny almost shooting her but neglects to tell him on the bridge Sonny tried to pull her up. RME

I suspect either a) Ava is going to kidnap her own child or b) Michael will win but regret it soon after.

I really liked this story and it's potiental but the outcome is really disappointing. Michael being underhanded to prove his father is a bad person is just not what I'd like for his character.

• Love 1
(edited)

They met when Delia was trying to steal the recording of Ava admitting to killing Connie from Sonny's safe.

Duh! Of course. Obviously that story was so unforgettable that I forgot all about it...

Ava is no better than Sonny  and would kill Sonny no problem herself.

And this is wrong because...why? LOL!

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 6

Nik is totes no saint. But it's not just about Sam for me. It's about Liz. It's about Robin. It's the fact that he hasn't told Helena to jump off a cliff.

And Tyler is looking damn good right now and I want to like his character, dammit.

I hear ya, he is looking quite fine.

• Love 3

If Monica is no longer dating the judge, and since she's been so busy raising Danny for Sam that could very well be, I could easily see Ron twisting this into the judge giving custody to Sonny just to spite Michael because of Monica leaving him.

Since day one he has been written as a man who will allow his personal experiences and feelings to influence how he handles a case and rules on it.

That or the judge is A.J. in a mask, because of course.

The above is why I've been taking a break from the show. Why watch something you can't muster emotions/feelings for. Ron's plot lines are tedious, repetitive and tiring.

I'm holding out for the wonderful snark, Robin and CoJones. I'd even take and and Jordan with a actual storyline.

They've got me making up words now...

I really don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold out, I swore Ron would never break me but by god it's just March and he's been doing one bang up job of wrecking and ruining this show beyond repair, but at least I know I'll be keeping some mighty fine company if I ever finally decide to spare what little is left of my sanity and head full steam for the barge.

Brad and Lucas are the only things left which warm my black heart on this show, well they and baby Avery. Which is why I would love it if they would just come swooping in at the last minute to file for custody and get her, that way all three would be together and I could literally not have to worry about watching any other scenes.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm SO sick of hearing Sam's speeches about "never saying goodbye to Jason." She NEVER asks about Robin or tries to get in contact with her to hear the story straight from the source. Oh, I'm sorry, I guess this gets in the way of her sheet activity, but whatever. It's a plot hole.*

*Hole autocorrected to "joke." Lol.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

I'm SO sick of hearing Sam's speeches about "never saying goodbye to Jason. She NEVER asks about Robin or tries to get in contact with her to hear the story straight from the source. Oh, I'm sorry, I guess this gets in the way of her sheet activity, but whatever. It's a plot hole.*

*Hole autocorrected to "joke." Lol.

Sheet activity?

I'm sick of hearing how Sam never got to say goodbye, Jason was so strong, Jason was shot in the back! As if shooting someone while looking in their eyes is just so much better? 

ugh. Jason.

But I suspect Julian will order Jason to kill someone and he won't be able to do it.

Silas: "Ava's memorial is today? Thank goodness I'm already wearing black!"

Michael's smirk was everything.

Came to this show reluctantly because of my crush on Roger Howarth. Stayed for my long term crush on Sean Kanan. Now I'm here for Micheal Quartermaine : Panty Dropper.

No shame in my game. He got me at "My name is Micheal Quartermaine. " But he had me at that smirk. Meow.

• Love 6
(edited)

When Alexis/Julian were kissing behind Michael in the courtroom, I really wanted him to turn around and roll his eyes or make a vomiting gesture. I need Michael to do these things for my pleasure.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6
(edited)

I knew from the beginning I knew Michael would win b/c that is the only way for this story to continue, but I really don't like HOW Michael is winning. It is so Sonny like and not an attractive look on him.

Sonny comes across as sympathetic b/c the story writing DOES make Sonny the sympathetic one.

But that's what makes it fail for me, that MoRon is twisting everything around to make Sonny look sympathetic. If Michael's not the bad guy here, Sonny isn't the victim, because literally every bad thing that has ever happened to Michael has been because of his "father's" "love". Except for the strooker getting killed by a random falling crane, if Michael had not grown up as a Corinthos, most of the things that have befallen him in his short life wouldn't have happened. Since Ron "loves" GH history so much, I can only presume that he's aware of this, but he's not using any of that, and he's trying to make Michael look like a piece of shit when he actually isn't. I hate him because of what he represents, but regardless of that he's about ten billion times the human being either Sonny or Carly are. But we can't see any of that, because for Sonny to win, someone must be thrown into a wood chipper. It's just Michael's turn right now.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 11
(edited)

I actually kinda sorta maybe a little bit liked this episode. It was actually like genuinely not terrible. I feel sick.

I hate Carly now, but she looked fantastic today. Like damn girl! Also, when she was talking to Sonny about Ric going at Michael she was finally almost not truly terrible. Sonny is getting worse by the minute though.

The custody story is enraging because we are so clearly supposed to root for Sonny, a murdering mobster, to win custody and they really drive that fact home by having every single person repeat over and over again how Sonny is an amazing father and how Michael should totes get over it. But anyway, Michael is so fucking awesome that I don't even care how rage inducing the former is. When he told off Julian and Ric I nearly wept tears of joy. And then his smirk at the end. Swoon! Although it really pisses me off because you just know everyone will be all "OMG Michael is the scum of the earth!" about it. Whatever, you do you forever, Michael! Haters gonna hate!

How about Sonny loudly proclaiming he's gonna ruin Julian and shit in the very building where he's trying to get custody of a baby. LOL. 

I loved all the stuff with Ava's memorial. NuKiki mostly worked for me today. I love Ava so I enjoyed everyone being all sweet about her. 

Morgan is pathetic. And his hair looks awful. Poor boy. Him begging Sonny to allow him to take Avery and then Sonny taking credit for being an amazing man by letting Avery go was so funny.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 12

How about Sonny loudly proclaiming he's gonna ruin Julian and shit in the very building where he's trying to get custody of a baby. LOL.

I read this wrong, obviously, because at first I pictured Sonny taking a dump on the courtroom floor as a gesture of disdain for Julian.

Ahem. Why am I obsessed with poop in connection with this show now?!

• Love 10

Alexis was totally right, the whole hearing is to prove Sonny is an unfit parent which hasn't happened so Michael is using underhanded tricks to "win", but this isn't a piece of meat it is a child and somehow I don't think Michael will take any better care of her than Sonny. Which is to say neither of them would really take care of her. Just since I've been watching Michael almost got killed by a hitman and blown up.

I disagree strenuously about this look not being attractive on Michael. It's not that I've ever found Chad Duell repulsive or anything, but he's never really done it for me. But today with that smirk toward Sonny when Judge Walters was revealed - wow! If I was in that courtroom I would have thrown him down and done him right there. 

His move today wasn't Sonny like. Carly, and maybe the show, might try to paint this as Michael acting like his father Sonny, but that move was pure Quartermaine through and through. I love him getting his Quartermaine on after years of being deprived of his family.

I think those who have actually watched the show for years, and aren't mesmerized by Sonny's dimples, know that Sonny is not the sympathetic one here. Michael is exactly right that all of Sonny's kids, because of Sonny's quest for power and money, which he has put ahead of his kids time and time again, have all paid the price one way or another. Avery may not be a piece of meat, but she'd damn well be better off with Michael, even if he does have the nannies raise her. Michael's only been blown up and almost killed because of yet another one of Sonny's enemies. I don't care if Michael wants to use whatever underhanded tactics he needs to save Avery's life. Bribe judges, whatever it takes. 

• Love 17

This. All of this. Michael was put in a horrible position because of Sonny's ego and his actions. First when Sonny's psycho wife kidnapped an in labor Carly, and then his cover-up of what was a justifiable act in defense of others by Michael.

And someone needs to point out that the cover up was the logical outcome of raising your kids to believe that cops are evil, essentially encouraging them to skirt the law as the normal order of things. 

• Love 12
(edited)

And someone needs to point out that the cover up was the logical outcome of raising your kids to believe that cops are evil, essentially encouraging them to skirt the law as the normal order of things. 

I didn't even think about that and it's a great point. There are just a myriad of reasons why Sonny should never be allowed to even be in the presence of children let alone raise them. It's astonishing that TPTB still want me to root for him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

I read this wrong, obviously, because at first I pictured Sonny taking a dump on the courtroom floor as a gesture of disdain for Julian.

Ahem. Why am I obsessed with poop in connection with this show now?!

So, Sonny is learning cat type tricks from Duke now? There's no wins for anyone now.

• Love 3

Damm, I wish that just one person would offer Michael some support. Ferris Beuller, anyone?

This. This so fucking hard. Or failing that couldn't they at least have someone, like Ned or Tracy, express among themselves that Sonny shouldn't have custody of a baby? The writing is so one-sided and it drives me insane.

• Love 7

This. This so fucking hard. Or failing that couldn't they at least have someone, like Ned or Tracy, express among themselves that Sonny shouldn't have custody of a baby? The writing is so one-sided and it drives me insane.

Carly: ha-ha!

I think Judge Naxie Spoiler will somehow use Morgan taking Avery to NYC as a reason, or use it as one of the many, to rule against Sonny. Cue a string of "Miiiikeeeeys".

• Love 3

With the way Michael is with Danny (when they remember they are related) and how everyone acts like he was the center of the family and took care of Morgan etc. there is no way that Michael would not love and take care of Avery.  They would have to completely assassinate his character to show anything but Michael falling in love with Avery and doing his best by her.  

His move today wasn't Sonny like. Carly, and maybe the show, might try to paint this as Michael acting like his father Sonny, but that move was pure Quartermaine through and through. I love him getting his Quartermaine on after years of being deprived of his family.

When he looked over at Sonny it reminded me of AJ.

• Love 11

With all of the Shriner's Hospital stuff going on, I wonder if they'll give Spencer some sort of death scare. It's one thing to pile on the sick-child drama when it's GH, but a real live place? At any rate, this is how I like Spencer: talked about but not seen.

Sonny taking credit for being an amazing man by letting Avery go was so funny.

Typical Sonny. He always thinks he should get special credit for doing what any decent person would do.

Julian. JULIAN. Sonny did not save everyone on the HS. Michael did. Why does NO ONE point this out every time it's mentioned? It's  as bad as everyone insisting that AJ pushed Carly down the stairs, and we saw her fall on her own accord.

I love how everyone keeps telling Michael that this custody suit will ruin—ruin, I tell you—his relationship with his parents. As if. Carly and Sonny will never cut him out of their lives. They fought too hard (and too dirty) to get him.

Was Ava wearing makeup yesterday? I suddenly noticed that she wasn't today. And where did she find all those clothes?

The Jake/Jason stuff was so bad. So bad. Nik is such a douche.

LW looks great with that ponytail.

• Love 7

Michael pulling the rug out from under Sonny and Ric in the courtroom today was definitely the high point of the episode.

The most UCG moment was Sonny flailing around trying to remember the name of the person Ava killed that he could never forgive Ava for because ol' whatserface was the Love of His Life.

• Love 13
(edited)

So does this mean Jason going under cover with the Jeromes mean that he will now wear black turtlenecks instead of black t-shirts?

I'll tell ya, Nikolas looked TEN TIMES more like Jason Morgan today than Jake has looked in six months.  Nikolas/TC looked damn good in his black t-shirt and jeans.

But Liz/Jake is officially a sleep-aide, 

I agree.  GOD, I think Elizabeth is boring all on her own, but put her with Jake?  They put me right out.  

Stalker nurse is disgusting. She broke up with Ric literally like a day ago and she's already back to sniffing around Jakeson. What a pathetic rodent.

But she didn't break up with Ric.  THAT'S what makes her look so bad.  The last conversation she had with Ric was when he asked her point blank if she had feelings for Jake, and she wouldn't answer.  So Ric left it there, but she never broke up with him.  So she's now telling Jake she has feelings for him WHILE she has Ric in the wings (in case Jake doesn't work out).  I really don't like her.

Liz was beyond annoying with her over my dead body speech. Shut the fuck up Liz. 

I laugh my head off when she tries to act tough.  Danny could knock her over.

Damm, I wish that just one person would offer Michael some support. Ferris Beuller, anyone?

It is amazing how there is no one AT ALL in Michael's corner.  I mean there isn't a single person that Michael can talk to about anything.  He's not even allowed scenes with any of the Quartermaines, and when he has them, it's about Luke!!

CD was fantastic, and yes, he's yummy.  Watching that maneuver today, substituting a judge that was sympathetic to his case, is SUCH a Quartermaine move.  Edward would be proud.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 12
(edited)

I'm all for kids being kept away from Sonny at any cost because kids SHOULDN'T be around Sonny but I hate the idea Michael does something underhanded so much more because of the fact that Michael is right. All this does is give more ammo to poor Sonny and kind of have Michael admit his case alone isn't enough though it really should be enough.

Chad Duell isn't the best looking person on the show no but I've always liked him. I believe he's actually close to my age (almost 27), and I've always said if I were to meet someone who looked like him I'd be trying to talk. I don't like the gymed out pretty boy types. Chad looks like someone I could know and that's an undervalued quality on TV. The smirk though did definitely up his attractiveness.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3