Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I have the feeling that Michael would be much more reasonable about visitation than never-no-way-uh-uh-I'm-not-negotiating Sonny would be.

I would think that Michael hates Ava for framing AJ and then doing everything possible to get AJ killed to protect her secret of killing Connie

• Love 3

There are more kids on this show under the age of 10 than there are living, breathing, Qs walking around...and, if my memory serves me correctly only one of them, Danny, are related to the Qs, either by biology or proxy.

In fact the one polarizing figure they all mostly have in common? Who else but Sonny!

I feel sick now...

SAdly I think baby georgie is the only one not releated to anybody.I'm thinking in the 80s and 90s you had differnt babies born to differnt famalies.

Jason-Q

BJ-Jones

Lucas-still consider him a Jones

Maxie-Jones

Tommy Hardy jr.-Hardy

Dillion-A Q

Serena-A baldwin

Lulu-A spencer

Georgie-A jones

Brooklynn-A Q

Anna donnelly-a donnelly

Michael-A Q

The Jones's seemed to have the most but they killed off two of them.

• Love 1
Team Michael all the way!

I am enjoying every single second of Michael Quartermaine.  One of the nice touches done on the set was ensuring that a camera shot of Lila's picture made it into the scene. 

Sonny's money is coming from - rum distilleries!  The most fearsome twenty-first century East Coast mobster is making his illicit money through rum.  Sonny Corinthos doesn't run drugs, prostitution rings, guns, or human trafficking.  He's cute with little kids too!

I enjoyed Roho's performance today.  What was once a waste of this actor's talents has become a waste of the audience's viewing time.

• Love 5

While he may be going after custody for not the right reasons, as long as Micheal is living at the Qs, using his new Q name and referring to Sonny and Carly by their names and addressing them as such, I will stay totally TeamMichael.

• Love 18

I gave in and watched today's episode.

I don't think it made a whole lot of sense to show Michael muttering to himself about punishing Sonny by messing with his businesses ("yes!" I thought), but then have him turn around and sue for custody of Avery.  I get why the character did it, it just didn't seem to flow from his previous thoughts on how to make Sonny pay.

And does this mean we get a new character, Michael's lawyer?  Because obviously it's not Alexis (or is it?), and we haven't seen Diane in ages....

I am all for anyone who tries to hurt Sonny.  I would just rather see his businesses completely destroyed than some lame custody battle, initiated by a character who didn't give a damn about that baby until now.

Sigh.

• Love 7

I want them to be called S&M because it's so not them so it cracks me up. 

So many of the characters suck so hard right now that I've taken a real liking to Sabrina. She has lovely hair and I liked her shirt today. At least she didn't try to tell Michael that Sonny is totes amazeballs, which is more than I can say for most of the people whining about how Michael just won't give over the fact that Sonny murdered his father

I hate Carly so much. When she smiles or laughs it takes everything in me not to reach through the tv and stab her.

She is very pretty. I don't think I'm sold on her and Michael though. They both need characters with a little more oomph.

lol re: Carly. Her happiness in this instance is just so grating because she acts like fate was conspiring against her and Sonny. Ahaha it's so great that AJ and Ava are dead and Michael's heart is broken and her and Sonny's cute new little baby was created when Sonny broke their other's son's heart. Fuck all those people, at least her and Sonny are sitting romantically in front of the fireplace with not-their-baby! blergh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

I think that Michael was happy enough that Kiki was flying the banner for Avery's custody but when she changed her mind, Michael decided to step up and sue himself. I totally buy that he doesn't think Sonny and Snarly capable of raising a gerbil because he knows himself how dangerous it is to be one of Sonny's children.

Edited by Lillybee

I am all for anyone who tries to hurt Sonny.  I would just rather see his businesses completely destroyed than some lame custody battle, initiated by a character who didn't give a damn about that baby until now.

Sigh

Oh just you wait until all the drinking begins! 

Maybe Michael will, I mean I know I'll be drinking regardless. Sonny will surely start slinging some bar ware around while shouting for towels. Carly will probably cry on Jake's shoulder about the whole terrible ordeal while he grits his teeth and wonders what that smell is...

Avery will suddenly appear in court older than Josslyn and Ava will then show up with Brenda who's really Faison in a body suit.

Epic it will be without question. 

• Love 2

Agreed. Awhile back I re-watched Season 1 of Night Shift. His Spin-speak was unbearable then (not to mention his hair). 

Spinelli's in Night Shift? Well, taking that off my list of shows to watch!

The first season, yes.

This is from a few pages back, sorry, but I couldn't just let it go by. Man, Night Shift Season 1 was like a masterclass of the worst aspects of Guza and JFP- a total clusterfuck. Featuring: IncrediblySleazyDouche!Patrick! Spinelli at His Spinelli-est! Jason Is Still Somehow The Star of Everything! Jason Saves The Day, Again! Veterans (of the Armed Forces) Are Evil: Part 3982! What Is A Quartermaine? Baby Rabies! Serial Murders! Shootouts! And Did I Mention That Jason Is The Greatest?!

HOWEVER. The Serial Drama ladies recapped it all, back in the day, and the worse it got, the funnier the recaps became.

From the Episode 4 recap:

You know how sometimes you'll meet a new guy, and you think, he is the dreamiest!  Cute, smart, funny, treats his friends well, doesn't wear pleated khakis?  And then you go out and you realize eh, still cute, but not really all that smart, doesn't like to read, funny only if he's repeating movie quotes, and wears white sneakers?  But you stick it out for a second date and maybe a third, at which point you realize that if you spend any more time with this guy, you are either going to black out from boredom or kill him and possibly yourself just to end the misery?

That guy = Night Shift.

So if you want to know what happened on Night Shift 1 without actually having to go through the pain of watching it, I recommend those recaps as the way to go.

And does this mean we get a new character, Michael's lawyer?  Because obviously it's not Alexis (or is it?), and we haven't seen Diane in ages....

Why, it'll obviously be Serena Baldwin, fresh out of law school and working on her first cas-HAHAHA, sorry.

• Love 3

I totally buy that he doesn't think Sonny and Snarly capable of raising a gerbil because he knows himself how dangerous it is to be one of Sonny's children.

And the irony mentioned by Sonny is that Michael, his adopted son, is the only one of his 4, now 5, children he actually raised.  I hate this story turn, because  I wanted the money/power fight that Michael mentioned at the beginning of the episode, but I'm not surprised at the AJing of Michael.  I just don't want him tossed under the bus for life, just tell a story of self-destruction without destroying the character's future a la AJ.

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 2

If the writers are going to change Michael, I would much rather that he become super-cynical and angry (angrier than he is now), maybe a bit ruthless as a businessman, instead of an alcoholic.  Ideally, I don't want MIchael to be either of those things, what I want is for Michael to take over/destroy/liquidate Sonny's businesses and become this Avenging SuperGood King of Port Charles, and Sonny is the guy dressed in rags on the street that Michael throws a quarter in his tin cup to, and....

Well, I know it's not going to happen that way.  Michael won't be able to get payback from Sonny because Sonny can never lose, and everyone has to look down on Michael as an ingrate for everything Saint Sonny has done for him.  Grrr.

• Love 6

I don't think Michael will become an alcoholic. I don't think he is being AJ'ed necessarily. The thing with AJ was not only was he omg the ev0l, but he was also an incompetent buffoon who was never allowed to be good at anything. Michael is already past that - he's doing an amaaaaaaaahzing job running ELQ at age 24 or whatever the hell he is.

• Love 3

Robert Gorrie really grew on me, but since the announcement of KA joining the show I'd been wanting some kind of Alderson Exchange in which Eddie came on as Morgan (or anyone)... And KA got an education or something. But now if he came on Ron would be doing meta stuff left and right with that... So no thanks.

I think Dante may need a shot of LSD himself once he finds out that his new little brother or sister is mob born and bred as well.

I think just the fact that he's going to have a second accidental sibling younger than his son, while he and his wife had to search for their embryo last year, warrants a shot in it's own right.

Edited by thewhiteowl
quoted post deleted
  • Love 1

So Moobs wants Snarly to redecorate Avery's room.  Has he SEEN her house?  I'd say her taste is up her ass but then I'm sure her colonoscopy vacation shots would prove that to be a lie.  Maybe Snarly can wallpaper the room in pictures of just her and Moobs, and put in an infant-sized tanning bed right next to the vat of hair oil.  This child IS now a Corinthos, after all.

I was overcome by the sheer romance of Moobs and Snarly today, relaxing by the fire, feeding each bits of charred human flesh.  I know it's not as romantic as a crypt, but when you think of how many dreams have died in that house, it's pretty close.  

• Love 11

Making out with Julian while he's cuffed to a bed is one of my biggest dreams. 

Thank you, Sabrina, for pointing out that Sonny didn't save the Haunted Star alone.  I cannot believe I just thanked Sabrina for anything, but there it is.  And thank you, Michael, for trying to take Avery.  I don't even care about his motivation for doing so - Sonny is a shit parent and a danger to all of his children (and anyone else around him).  Sonny spent months threatening to kill Avery's mom while Avery was still in utero, and continued after she was born.  So fuck him.  Also, I am now 100% Team Michael, and will support him in almost anything that hurts Sonny or Carly.  Because it's come up - Michael is still legally Avery's half-brother and can legally challenge Sonny as an unfit custodial parent.  I could change my name to She-Ra, Queen of the Universe and swear to never speak to my mother again, but I'd still be an aunt to my nephews.  

And just in case I have not made my feelings on the matter clear: absolutely no to revisiting Spinelli/ Maxie.  A thousand times no.  Every single no ever.  Please, show, do not make me pluck out my own eyes with a cocktail fork. 

I ask again: Is Joss dead?  Or is she now 18 and away at college?  I'm fine with not seeing the kids all the time, but no one is ever even mentioned as watching that kid.    Her mom sure as hell isn't doing it.

Oh just you wait until all the drinking begins!

Already half a box in.  Oh, wait, is that not what you were referring to?​

• Love 13

I don't think anything can make Sabrina work for me at this point. I had thought she and Bambi Jr. Michael could've been sweet in early 2013, when she was still a cute geek, but gauzy, heaven-sent Disney Princess Sabrina is unbearable and Teresa Castillo's acting is clearly best suited for theme park shifts. She's a Lily type, made to die. I think it will be awful, but they are clearly doing it. Michael deserves better, but when hasn't he?

I found Julian and Alexis' torrid, dysfunctional relationship a lot more fun six months ago, when she had only rejected him and then taken it back again a mere 20 times as opposed to the current total of 49.

I wish to God they were not doing yet another pregnancy story, let alone one with frickin' Olivia and Julian. And I love Olivia.

Edited by thewhiteowl
Deleted OLTL stuff
  • Love 4

I'm convinced Ron will never let Sabrina go out of spite. She was clearly the character he wanted to be the star of GH. Just looking back, it's like, woooow, he wanted Sabrina to happen so badly.

I don't think he loves her, she's not his type of character. Maybe it is a Frank thing. I certainly can believe RC would keep her more out of petty stubborness than actual love, but who knows.

• Love 2

I dunno, I mean, at one point Felix was clearly Ron's surrogate. He abandoned him, though - Felix was the gay ingenue we were to root for, caught between a ne'er-do-well guy and the ultimate gay prize, Ryan Carnes. Will Lucas and Felix ever get untangled from Brad and get together? Then that all went poof, maybe because everyone on-set saw that Carnes and Parry Shen had far more chemistry. Now all Felix is is a talk-to for Brad, who was once his inferior non-white spoiler boyfriend; I would never have believed that would happen.

I think there was a window for them to dump Sabrina, but instead they are clearly trying (again) to regroup and make this thing with Michael happen. I have no idea why, because they can't think it's going to make her a superstar on the show again. I mean, it could be a long game to avoid being sued for letting her go post-pregnancy, but still.

Edited by thewhiteowl
Deleted OLTL stuff
  • Love 3
I'm convinced Ron will never let Sabrina go out of spite. She was clearly the character he wanted to be the star of GH.

One rumor is that a network exec pushed her on him.  I wish that Ron had made her a Sonny spawn instead of her tainting the hospital and the 50th anniversary.

• Love 1

But still, at the end of the day, Felix was Sabrina's sidekick. Ron didn't care about him, really. I just think something is at work with this Sabrina thing. Whether they're keeping her because they're afraid of a lawsuit or they just really love TeCa, I dunno.

• Love 1
I don't think anything can make Sabrina work for me at this point.​

Don't get me wrong, jsbt - I'm still not a Sabrina fan.  I was just happy that someone finally said what we've all been saying - Michael did the lion's share of the work in getting the bomb out of there.  Someone should rent a billboard in PC to remind everyone of that.  

• Love 11

Between Julian/Alexis, Ned/Olivia, and Michael/Sabrina, this show wasn't half bad. I like Spinelli but please don't put him back with that twit.

I hate to ff Avery because she's so adorable but Carly/Sonny are too vile for my eyes. Team Michael- make those idiots suffer!

I thought RoHo did great in that last scene with Kiki when he had tears in his eyes- best acting he's done in a while.

• Love 9
I'm convinced Ron will never let Sabrina go out of spite. She was clearly the character he wanted to be the star of GH.

I'm convinced Ron just wants to ruin this show.

Sabrina is still hanging around...why?

Rosalie is too and so is Felix for that matter but...why?

And Kiki is sticking around as well...why god why???

Olivia is now pregnant...WTELF why???

Spinelli has come back as a foil for the most sexed up couple in PC since Sonny and anyone...for the love of pete why??

Jason is about to have his trillionth brain surgery

...#@&$!!!! why???

Ron has given GH an incredibly crippling identity crisis. The show doesn't know what it is anymore and Ron never knew apparently, imho.

• Love 4

Franco and Kiki were great, mostly because it was Franco being Todd and them doing their OLTL history. Loved the final scene between them. Glad he was the one to have the last scene.

Michael's custody suit makes no sense. He denounces Sonny as not his father and that AJ's his dad and he's a Quartermaine. So on what grounds is Michael suing for custody he has no legal or biological rights to? Kiki and Morgan can more sue him. However, go Michael go! Take the baby from Sonny and hang him on a meat hook to sign away his rights just like he did to AJ. Sonny likes to declare who is a deserving parent or not, let Michael do it now. 

"Alexis had her reasons." Umm yeah Sonny, She had her reasons for not wanting your life around Kristina. Carly also showed up on Alexis's doorstep after he tried to kill Jax wanting Sonny away from ALL the kids because of how unfit and dangerous he was. Carly's so pathetic in how she gets selective amnesia when it comes to what Sonny does to the children.

• Love 2

As for the custody battle, didn't Sonny relinquish his parental rights to Morgan after Michael got shot? I seem to recall Carly getting him to sign something. I don't know if that was ever reversed, I remember some talk of Jax adopting Morgan, but my memory is pretty hazy.

But every single one of Sonny's baby-mommas has attempted to keep Sonny from his kids. (Olivia lied, Alexis lied then sued for sole custody, Carly got him to relinquish his rights) That's gotta look bad in court (in PC court, who knows though)

• Love 2

Michael's custody suit makes no sense. He denounces Sonny as not his father and that AJ's his dad and he's a Quartermaine. So on what grounds is Michael suing for custody he has no legal or biological rights to?

Why would he not have rights? He is her brother. His disowning of  Sonny is only in terms of changing his last name, he cannot as far as I understand NYS law undo his adoption. Further other than Morgan (and I see that as a brothers fighting thing more than a long term rift) Michael has not disowned any other family members. He has not said to Dante "You are not my brother" or to Kristina "Sorry you are not my Sister" They are in his mind still his family, as is Bobbie, Lucas, Joss and Molly, heck as far as I know (Because Ron shows us NOTHING) he may still consider Ric his Uncle. Just because you disown your father does not legally or morally cut your ties to any other member of your family.  For example in NYS Michael could not now go and marry Kristina, it would be incest and against the law because adopted siblings are treated in the same legal manner as biological. Michael changing his last name nor more affects this then if Kristina was using Trey's last name (Whatever the hell that was)

Ahh back when RH gave a shit and before some one told KA she could be a lead.  Roger reminds me in a strange way of TG. Both had glory days as a particular soap character and both should have walked away at that moment. For RH it may have been when OLTL ended, for TG it was when Luke and Laura re-united right before Laura became a wig on a stick. Luke and Laura taking off forever together forever on the run and forever young with her wanted for Rick's death would have been a fitting farewell (The audience would of course know the truth as would Lucky and Lulu)

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 5

I want them to be called S&M because it's so not them so it cracks me up. 

So many of the characters suck so hard right now that I've taken a real liking to Sabrina. She has lovely hair and I liked her shirt today. At least she didn't try to tell Michael that Sonny is totes amazeballs, which is more than I can say for most of the people whining about how Michael just won't give over the fact that Sonny murdered his father

I hate Carly so much. When she smiles or laughs it takes everything in me not to reach through the tv and stab her.

Is it a new 'acting' choice for Carly that she keeps showing her happiness and appreciation by constantly doing, "Ih ha ha ha" over anything that happens in the scenes. It's driven me bonkers the last few days.  I repeat it after her because it's just so phony.

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 7

RC really doesn't know how to write a rootble female ecspecially in the 20s group.

Lulu and maxie have turned into clones of each other.

Kiki-the less said the better maybe the recast would be better but I'm not holding my breath lol.

SAbrina-while I'm indiffernt to her now shes too perfect ect

Rosalee-I find her useless and I don't care about her lame scret.

THe men aren't much better either though lol.

• Love 2

how can Michael sue for custody of a baby is he not related to???

He should stick Sonny on a meathook ( or I guess in his specific case a small closet) until he signs the papers. 

I loved hearing Sonny say "Michael Quatermaine".

I hope Nathan asks Mama O to dispose of Spinbitch.

Yeah hearing that was awesome. 

Has Dr. O crossed paths with Spinelli yet? I feel like he's going to piss her off on sight. 

What are they going to do now that Wally Kurth is going back to Days of Our Lives?  Recast Ned?  Just have him run out on Olivia?

As others said, he's recurring on both shows. I'm sure the actor is tired, but he's so good in both parts....I'd hate to have either show without his character. 

I'm so, so happy that Olivia was upfront with Ned about the baby. Seeing as we have a custody story going right now, my hope is that they'll go another route with this. 

• Love 2

Sabrina is kind of a non-entity to me. She is just there and pops up at odd times and is like milk toast in her scenes. I don't find her to have chemistry with Michael and that whole scene where that sat at Ned's Valentine's table with plates and all just to drink wine was weird.

I find that Sabrina seems around 30 and both men she's been with(Carlos and Patrick) seem to be about 10 years older than her. She does seem like the type who goes for older men who will "take care of her". While I know CD and TC are close in age Michael seems about 22-24. He just doesn't seem Sabrina's type. She would have to be the more mature of the two and she just doesn't come across as that kind of person, while Rosalie does. I thought Rosalie was much more suited for Michael. She seems younger than Sabrina and much more "ballzy" which is the kind of woman Michael needs.

While it was nice that Sabrina did agree that Michael helped saved the day, that is nothing that Sonny himself hasn't also been saying so I didn't see the big deal in her doing it.

Where has Rosalie up and disappeared to?

I had completely forgotten that she existed.  So she hasn't been on the barge.

Rosalee-I find her useless and I don't care about her lame secret.

What was her secret anyw ..... ehhh, nevermind. I don't care.

• Love 3

Where has Rosalie up and disappeared to?

I'm guessing Rosalie and her seeeeeeecret is just one in a long, long line of dropped plot points.

I'm not sure how Helena learned her secret to blackmail Rosalie to spy on ELQ for the Legion of Doom, unless, of course, Nina became a member sometime during her incarceration. (Maybe there is an online course you can take to become a registered legionnaire of doom?)

• Love 1

If Michael's goal is what's right for Avery then he should still want custody regardless if Ava is around or not. Somehow I don't think that would be what happens....

I don't think Michael's goal even is what's right for Avery. It's not like he's trying to hide that fact that he wants Sonny to pay for his crime and this is just a tool he's using to try and make that happen. He's not trying to pretend it's about anything else, unlike Sonny who wants us to believe he actually cares about a girlchild.

And does this mean we get a new character, Michael's lawyer?

I hope it's the guy who represented Franco after the kidnapping. He was funny.

Is it a new 'acting' choice for Carly that she keeps showing her happiness and appreciation by constantly doing, "Ih ha ha ha" over anything that happens in the scenes. It's driven me bonkers the last few days.  I repeat it after her because it's just so phony.

THIS DRIVES ME MAD. I can't deal with it. I want her dead, I really do.

Has Dr. O crossed paths with Spinelli yet? I feel like he's going to piss her off on sight. 

Oh, I look forward to this.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Oh, I look forward to this.

Only is she pushes him off a parapet after cutting out his tongue.

• Love 3

Catching up after the recovery period I needed after cringing through TG breaking through the fourth wall and telling fans how stupid they are and how Luke is an effing jerk.   Found a bit ot therapy in an old photo which reminded me that he really is a kinder person - and that we still might eventually see a more sympathetic Luke.  (Pardon the moment of self-indulgence, but, as a Spencer family fan, I kinda needed this to take the bad taste of last week away.) 

https://twitter.com/ZegglerSam/status/347248279966343169/photo/1

And now about yesterday's GH:

Same. I abhor Sonny, and I wish he would be volunteered as tribute with absolutely no weapons. But there is no way Michael is doing this for Avery. He wasn't even thinking about her until he heard Kiki call Alexis. It's completely all for revenge. Which Sonny deserves, but Avery doesn't.

Michael is so incredibly entitled to want to take vengeance on Sonny and Carly.   Team Michael on that part.  But I'm not at all good with using Avery as a tool to achieve that revenge.  To date, he has shown absolutely no interest in the child.   So I'm hoping we get kinder, gentler dialogue from Michael today about Avery- - something which focuses more on caring for her rather than hating Sonny and Carly.  

He only changed his name. He didn't legally renounce all ties to Sonny.

Anyway, this is a soap. Ron will write this the way he wants to write this, no matter what he's written before.

Isn't that the truth.   We can talk legalities and we can refer to recent dialogue, but RC is going to write whatever works for the daily plot.  Building on past dialogue/story can sometimes be like building on quicksand.

Edited by thewhiteowl
Deleted OLTL stuff
  • Love 4

I personally have no problem with Michael's bid for custody being solely about making Sonny pay. But I think it'd be cute and a good, interesting story (in theory, not as written by RC) if Michael got custody of her and then ended up really caring about her. It would be made even more interestingly messy if after that it's found out that Morgan is the real father. 

I am still confused as to why Michael was going on and on about going after Sonny's businesses and then we got the custody reveal. So was Michael's plan always to use Avery to get Sonny to give up his businesses or did he have another plan, but then spontaneously decided after the Alexis/Kiki phone call that he would go after Avery? I guess we'll find out today.

• Love 7
I'm convinced Ron just wants to ruin this show....Sabrina...Rosalie is too and so is Felix for that matter. . .Ollivia is now pregnant...WTELF.....Spinelli has come back as a foil for the most sexed up couple in PC since Sonny and anyone...for the love of pete why??

I don't think that Ron either gets along with a certain 'type' of younger 20-30ish or that type wants to work for him.  I mean Guza-era at least was able to feed off of some of the chemistry amongst the younger set folks like Lulu, Ethan, and Lucky.  I couldn't stand the unholy trinity of Guza but at least Lulu, Ethan, and Lucky were enjoyable actors to watch.  Maxie and Spin were Lulu and Jason's lapdogs.  Now, Maxie is the alpha in the nuLulu relationship.  It only took ONE page of script for Spin to get my blood crawling (using the term 'it's not what I intended' twice in a page) and just playing the scene like an 8 or 10 year old.  How horrible is it going to be when Spin catches his first whiff of nuJason?  It's not like there is any chemistry between Maxie and Spin.  YUCK.  It's just a matter of time before he brings Brenda back to show how he can bring 'cool' young people to work with him.  Blech.

'Sonny, Carly, Jason and Sam ' worked for Guza.  Ron sees himself as talented as that regime so why not use that vehicle for a steady paycheck?  Keep a token doctor or nurse and splash a legacy character for a day or one plot line.  This gives him the liberty to working with older (and spenser) soap actors who have talent in excess of the typical soap actor and he can show off his alleged awesome 'craft'.

Edited by sunnyface

I liked everything about the obvious Todd/Starr goodbye except that Ron had to be like Todd and Blair aren't together. I'm going to think Roger Howarth ad libbed the line about not knowing what he's taking about or being in his right mind because he was like "Nah fuck that. Todd and Blair forever." I also think the very last scene was adlibbed because it sounded like Roger saying goodbye to Kristen, which made me tear up.

I did also love Sonny saying "Micheal Quartermaine " the very same way he used to sneer "AJ Quartermaine ". Michael channeled his Quartermaine side and Sonny showed how much he hates the Quartermaines. The fantasy of Sonny being a loving dad is over Carly and Morgan. Sadly, Morgan will see it first imo. I am actually looking forward to Sonny vs Micheal and Sabrina and Micheal. They should have been a couple all along.

• Love 5

Forgot to post this yesterday...farewell, Kristen Alderson.  Good luck as you plunge off the dock into the water of life.  I just wish you were taking your awful character with you.

n0sIDY3.gif

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15

Even though I've never been much of a Sabrina fan, I didn't hate her too much, or at least not too often. I think it might be interesting for her to become friends with Michael. The poor kid could use a friend. At this point they're both kind of alone and not interacting much with the folks they used to, and so it might be nice for them to hang out and talk and support each other without being romantic.

• Love 5

I'm guessing Ned will claim that he's the father of Olivia's baby. Just like he did with Kristina.

I'm sad, because I think Ned and Olivia are boring, I'd rather have Olivia with Julian. Julian and Alexis annoys and they act like horny teenagers to me.

As for Michael and Sabrina...I'm not sure if I like them, but I can see the chemistry tho. I prefer Michael with Rosalie, TBH.

I liked the Franco/Kiki scenes because it was Starr and Todd all over again. I miss them so much!

Carly/Sonny are yuck worthy. I want Carly far away from him.

I honestly don't care about Michael suing Sonny for custody. I was ready for Michael Quartermaine, but he acts like a pissbaby and he's as entitled as his parents.

• Love 1

Meanwhile, Michael wants to get custody of Avery... you know what's funny about this? It's a common enough trope but it's always, always the villain that wants to take the child (and it's so often a girl) from the hero and raise her as his own. He usually loves said child in his own way... in some ways, it's a legitimate and true love for the child. Revenge wrapped up in real affection and caring. Said affection usually also comes from the bad guy loving/lusting The Woman of the piece... she who chose the Hero and then in the attack that rendered the Hero helpless and all lost wherein the Villain takes the child, The Woman always dies.

I'm thinking of The Legend of Zorro -- you know, when Catherine Zeta-Jones was actually Anthony Hopkins' daughter but Villain of the Movie took her as a child after attacking and ultimately setting fire to the domicile Hero and Woman (and Child) lived in. Interestingly enough the same trope is in Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles... before Master Splinter was mutated into a Ninja Rat of Awesome, he was married and had a baby with The Woman of the piece and Shredder attacked and set fire to the place and took the child and raised her as his own...

There's always a fire, too.

Obviously, Michael's story differs in that he's a Stolen Child himself. He's not in this because he loves Ava so much and is bitter that he lost her. He's out for Revenge... and the biggest problem in all of this is that the show considers Sonny to be the Hero. Therefore, Michael is in the wrong and is now the Villain. He is plotting to take away the happiness of Sonny and Carly by taking Avery from them because he's a big meanie. Never mind that, when one looks at the big picture, Michael's motivation comes from a much stronger, much more complex, much more INTERESTING place.

Avery is the child that was conceived on the GRAVE of the man that Sonny and Ava teamed up to MURDER. AJ was killed because Ava wanted to cover up HER crimes and Sonny just HATED him and wanted him out of the way. Looking at this all fairly, Michael's goal is far more justified... he should be written as trying to SAVE this child, save something from the blatant and cold-blooded murder of his father... after years of being stolen and manipulated and, yes, lied to repeatedly about how Michael came into the world and who his father really was. Michael should be the hero of this piece and Avery should be the innocent creature that he is trying to save from the corrupt and evil nature of her makers.

THAT is how this should be playing out.

But no... as per usual, it's poor Sonny as he mumbles about 'doing it right this time' like every miserable fuck up that ever graced a soap opera town. Avery is not his reward, dammit. He doesn't deserve one and Michael should be the one to take Avery and raise her as a Q to balance the scales.

Edited by thewhiteowl
Deleted OLTL stuff
  • Love 9