Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think that was my point. Sonny called Michael and said beware of Luke and stay away from him, so Michael thought it wise to turn around and tattle to Luke and then THROW A JOINT PARTY with him. I mean if Michael would have used his brain and realized despite what Sonny did to AJ he always tries to protect Michael he might have you know at least took pause and NOT throw a joint party with Luke.

of course people almost died b/c of Fluke, but Michael was kind of an unwitting accomplice b/c no party no bomb.

Sonny was in prison. How hard was it to, um I don't know, get ahold of cop son Dante as opposed to calling Michael, the son who with good reason hates him? Not very for a reasonable person. But Sonny has boundary issues. He's set Micheal up to be the "bad guy" for being hurt and angry that he murdered AJ. So really, by not going through the proper channels, Sonny actually let his immature games put Dante at risk as Fluke wouldn't have trapped him in there with the bomb. Good job, Gangsta Dad. /sarcasm.

• Love 11

This is easily explained by all the time Lewq has spent out of town the last 13 or so years.

And after the juxtaposition today, I really think it might really be as simple as Luke decided to embrace The Dark Side.

And at least it explains why Tracy was sleeping the the undead and still thought it was Luke.

I mean look what already happened. He refused to listen to Sonny's warning due to his anger and people almost died.

And why was/is Michael angry? Wait, gimme a second, I'll think of it. Oh, that's right, Sonny murdered A.J., Michael's actual father. I mean, I get it, you don't care about that, and that';s fine, but let's not act as if Michael is just pouting because Sonny took away his credit cards. I hate Michael*, pretty much always have, but in this one instance I'd forgive it if he never said a decent word to or about Scummy again. A.J.'s life mattered, and Sonny snuffed it out with no more thought than you'd give to changing your socks. I don't care what his intentions about the bomb were. The fact is, he's going to skate after shooting an(other) unarmed man because he left an oil slick behind when he jumped into the water, I refuse to wish for anything good to happen to him because of it.

*For me it's like this - Michael >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sonny, Morgan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Michael.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 23

Michael thought it wise to turn around and tattle to Luke and then THROW A JOINT PARTY with him.

Man, my mind went somewhere else when I first scanned this message.

I mean, I doubt this is it for Morgan and Sonny. They are too alike not to fight again eventually.

Word. For May sweeps they'll fall out because Sonny made him get a paper route.

• Love 7

I think that was my point. Sonny called Michael and said beware of Luke and stay away from him, so Michael thought it wise to turn around and tattle to Luke and then THROW A JOINT PARTY with him.

Again, Michael has no reason in the world to believe a word Sonny says.  And it's not like Sonny offered up any kind of explanation or proof.  He was like, "Dude, Luke is trouble, take my word for it."  It's hubris.

• Love 5

Again, Michael has no reason in the world to believe a word Sonny says.  And it's not like Sonny offered up any kind of explanation or proof.  He was like, "Dude, Luke is trouble, take my word for it."  It's hubris.

The only way Sonny could have handled that call worse is if he'd followed it up with, "put ya mother on the phone."

• Love 10

Sonny tried not to take credit and he had nothing to do with getting a pardon

So Sonny doesn't actually save anyone from the bomb and is getting pardoned?!? What the what the?

I knew Sonny wasn't going to stay in prison forever, but how does this make a bit of sense? Even if he saved a few people, so what? He confessed to murdering an unarmed man. Throwing a bomb into the water doesn't change his crime. It doesn't erase the crime. Give me a break.

RC could have easily kept Sonny out of prison, instead of this completely stupid scenario.

I will never, ever understand how this character has been the center of this show for so long. I just cannot wrap my brain around it. The character is not interesting, he's a terrible person overall and the guy playing the character is pretty terrible a majority of the time. I mean explain it to me like I am Sonny because seriously, I don't get it.

• Love 20

UCG was Sonny's face when the governor walked up to him and gave him a pardon for saving his daughter. Ivy is the governor's daughter. Sonny got a pardon for accidentally saving the governor's daughter. I mean to me the whole episode was everyone BUT Sonny tripping all over themselves to call Sonny a hero, when it was clear Sonny himself doesn't see it that way.

That just allows Sonny to look "modest" while every other character does the heavy lifting in praising and portraying him as a hero.  How many people said that in one form or another the last few days?  It's a lazy narrative trick.

And ten bucks says Carly will be all, "Yay, he didn't belong there in the first place!" on Monday and then be shocked, just SHOCKED that Michael is still mad at her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14

UCG was Sonny's face when the governor walked up to him and gave him a pardon for saving his daughter. Ivy is the governor's daughter. Sonny got a pardon for accidentally saving the governor's daughter. I mean to me the whole episode was everyone BUT Sonny tripping all over themselves to call Sonny a hero, when it was clear Sonny himself doesn't see it that way.

His first words out of the water were, "did I do it".

Have I ever mentioned the time Sonny threw a charity gala for lung disease research because Dante had a lung problem, Johnny came and crashed it and then Sonny actually said, "this was supposed to be my night"? Sonny definitely tries to present himself as the hero, even if he doesn't necessarily feel that way.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Perhaps they should have tied Anna's firing to Sonny being released from prison. The legion of doom got rid of Anna but it backfires on them when the court decides to retry/throw out Sonny's conviction and all the other murders that Sonny was hanging out with in Pentonville.

So that would have solved Ron's problem of getting Sonny, Julian, Ava and Franco out of prison without idiotic hero proclamations and a Governor inviting himself to being impeached.

However, I will admit that I enjoy the show today and my favorite bit was between Sonny and Dante. Second place to Lulu reaming out Nikolas.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2

I swear, when the governor started pardoning Sonny it was the closest I've ever come in all my years of television watching, soaps or otherwise, to actually throwing something at the TV. So hackneyed! So unimaginative! So not at all unexpected!

Sonny going to prison could have actually been an interesting story, if it hadn't turned into General Pentonville; some days it seemed like there were more scenes at the prison than anywhere else. Sonny in prison, loss of power, loss of Michael, refusing to see Carly. It seemed like it might be this at first, then Johnny Z showed up and it all started to go to hell in the proverbial handbasket.

I am still giving MB props however, for allowing himself to look so physically terrible onscreen, today was the worst yet I think.

And re: the TG vanity project, someone mentioned awhile up that you can see how awesome he thinks he's being. I have been FFing all things TG until this week when I watched some scenes and it's true, you can actually SEE him thinking "look at this great acting I'm doing", which would be off-putting even if I wasn't already hoping for him to retire like YESTERDAY, and go enjoy Amsterdam year-round permanently.

• Love 12

So are Alexis and Molly going to get another house or was the destruction of that set part of some bullshit cost-cutting measure (while Sonny keeps his house, restaurant, warehouse, boxing ring, office, etc.)?

Who is this Molly you speak of? We have a kiddie quad yet no teen scene/storyline/presence at all.

I doubt they get a house set because there hasn't been any talk of rebuilding.

I've been reading comments and then deleting whole episodes all week. I haven't been able to muster the strength to watch the 1 or 2 decent scenes or UCG within all the dreck.

It's been nice being on the barge relaxing with my feet up.

I'm wondered if they are attempting to use GHFanFeb in order to lure viewers in because they new the sweep storylines sucked Thus the baiting with GHFanFeb. Watch to see X, we brought back fan favorite Z, Woo we got Y to come on the show. Everything to take focus away from the pathetic repetitive moronic campy emotionless storylines and cheap latenight access TV sets.

• Love 4

The details are very foggy, but I haven't been this pissed at a soap since Grant killed Ryan on AW. Hell, someone killed Ryan that day and I was pissed. And I was a mere child.

Sonny totes is all about the "Hey lemmie do something good for someone, but it's really about mehhhhhhhhhh!" It. Is. Always. About. Sonny Corinthos.

Examples: His biological son and AJ's son were fighting over Ms. Potato Head. Rather than talk his bio child out of a useless marriage, he is all I ain't saying nothing. At the wedding reception, he humiliated his biological child in favor of the child he stole from AJ and well that went well. But forgive Sonny because he didn't take his meds.

When Connie was so done with him, he kidnapped her. Reason? He loved her. Forgive Sonny. He loves.

Jason put himself in prison to protect Michael, not delicate Sonny. Because Sonny just cannot be behind bars. Yet he can torture Johnny, getting the truce protecting Micheal done. But that's all Franco's fault. Sonny saves. Forgive him.

Sonny wanted to blow up his daughter, Original Girlchild. Nah I'm playing he wanted to kill Johnny. But he blew up Girl Child. Sonny loves his kids.

Sonny stole Kristina from Alexia, Micheal from AJ, sanity from Morgan (and his girl and kid), innocence and safety from Karen, life from AJ, children from Monica, a future from Brenda, safety from Robin, life from Stone, a brother from Jagger, a father from Lila Rae, a daughter from Sam, a father from Danny, a husband from Sam, and much more from countless others.

And how does Sonny respond? By acting like he's always in the right. I grew up watching soap anti heroes. They're a tale as old as time, but this show is the only one worshipping them. No.

• Love 17

I can live with the pardon, if there is fall out. I am glad to see that Michael is not rushing to forgive Sonny and would be happy if he settled into the same kind of relationship with Sonny as Dante has: "I love you, you are my father, but I do not like or respect you". In fact even though it is Sonny who pulled the trigger at AJ I would rather Michael blame Carly, she is the one who began the road that lead to AJ's death when she stole Michael away from him, giving him first to Jason and then to Sonny. It was Carly (and a little bit Karen/Jason/Jagger back in the boxing days) that began the Sonny AJ feud. Sonny may have done the actual deed but Michael can lay AJ's body at his Mother's feet.

In the same token I can live with DID Luke, if the trigger for it was Jake's death and the Lucky fall out (Though I agree that I cannot see how they do this without Lucky). If it is anything else it fails. But if Luke in that moment snapped and became everything he hated, became in effect his father Tim, then DID Luke works on many levels.

My fear is that with both of these the fall out and explanation will be a epic failure. Ron is not good at follow up and expository, he is plot point to plot point. It is in those moments when the clear need for a co-head writer shines though the most/ Some one who could take Ron's ideas and add heart instead of camp

• Love 6
So are Alexis and Molly going to get another house or was the destruction of that set part of some bullshit cost-cutting measure (while Sonny keeps his house, restaurant, warehouse, boxing ring, office, etc.)?

With how they have shrunk the Q set if Alexis does get a house it will probably just be a wall and couch.  If they are lucky maybe a little coffee table.

This Sonny thing is just too preposterous. Governor Newt Gingrich shows up at the hospital and proclaims Sonny a HERO? a and shakes his hand??? I get being grateful his daughter is alive, but shouldn't his press secretary or chief of staff have told him it won't sit well with the voters to see him praising a mobster? At least pretend to be ambivalent about it. 'I can't condone what you do for a living or what you did that landed you in prison, but I'm extremely grateful for your quick action that saved my daugher and other citizens of PC. Because of this, I'm recommending a full pardon."

But noooooo, Ron can't have any of that, so it's just totes okay and hey, here's your get out of jail free card!

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 10

I have no use for either the Cassadine or Corinthos.  If I had my preference, it would be watching the scorpio family.  But if RC/FV need to have their fix of Sonny as lead man of GH, then at least cut down the time of his scenes.  He scarfs down way too much of the total thirty-five minutes.

When Connie was so done with him, he kidnapped her. Reason? He loved her. Forgive Sonny. He loves.

He was loving Olivia at the time of Connies murder. 

• Love 3

Even during the early 80 with the Luke and laura crap that made me gag lol.At least there was other characters and family's around. THis show is just about sonny and his kids these days it seems like and oh I'll add Fluke.

• Love 2

Idiot. That being said, I still get a little protective of him [Morgan] at times. But right now he's pretty much useless.

Same. Morgan is awful right now, but for whatever reason I still usually wanna defend him. I mean I think his behavior makes sense based on his upbringing and parents, but that only works if he starts to understand that and tries to learn and change and grow. But the writers don't wanna do that, so he just ends up being a useless, annoying, Sonny propping idiot most of the time.

You know, I never considered this before, but this fact is even more evidence of how the show props Sonny and wants the audience to consider him a hero and amazing person. He has like 10000 sets while Anna still doesn't even have a fucking home. Bullshit. I'm in such a rage now dammit!

I mean if Michael would have used his brain and realized despite what Sonny did to AJ he always tries to protect Michael ...

Remember when Sonny decided to protect his girlfriend over Michael and Michael got shot and was in a coma? Father of the year amitirte?

I am still giving MB props however, for allowing himself to look so physically terrible onscreen, today was the worst yet I think.

LOL I think Sonny looks the hottest I've ever seen him. I have strange tastes I guess.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

Will we see Sonny get sneers and literally be hiding and sinking into the background to escape people because he's so humiliated by what he's done and no one in town will speak to him like a human being? No. When Sonny speaks to a new love interest, will he be so humiliated by murdering AJ that when he says "I'm Sonny Corinthos " and she looks at him and recoils because he's a killer...... will that happen? No. Women will as always throw themselves at his feet.

Would you honestly date a murderer? Would you be comfortable with your friend, sistet, loved on dating a murderer? If he can kill the father of his beloved son, what the hell will he do to you? Questions no resident of Port Charles will ask.

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 15

This Sonny thing is just too preposterous. Governor Newt Gingrich shows up at the hospital and proclaims Sonny a HERO? a and shakes his hand??? I get being grateful his daughter is alive, but shouldn't his press secretary or chief of staff have told him it won't sit well with the voters to see him praising a mobster? At least pretend to be ambivalent about it. 'I can't condone what you do for a living or what you did that landed you in prison, but I'm extremely grateful for your quick action that saved my daugher and other citizens of PC. Because of this, I'm recommending a full pardon."

But noooooo, Ron can't have any of that, so it's just totes okay and hey, here's your get out of jail free card!

I seriously think Ron has ADD. There are 10 billion characters and everything moves at breakneck speed.

Except, of course, this friggin Fluke storyline.

Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited
  • Love 3

LOL I think Sonny looks the hottest I've ever seen him. I have strange tastes I guess.

He does. I was so blinded with rage yesterday though it was hard to see. Carly stroking his grizzled face, talking in her fake ass angel voice about how there is no other option for but for murderer Sonny to make a full recovery, sweetly telling Dante his father was worried, as if the woman had any use for him outside of doing her bidding (watch, two weeks from now: "Damn it Sonny, Dante didn't scrub the floors like I told him to! You have to do something about your bastard son!"), her eyes welling up when they came to take him away in wheelchair, as if he isn't lucky to go back to prison instead of a morgue, not even acknowledging the fact that if it wasn't for her relationship with the SERIAL KILLER her precious boo wouldn't be in prison in the first place, all that made me blind to Sonny totally. But then I calmed down and I was like, "hmm. Mo looks pretty good."

• Love 7

Correction. If it weren't for the fact that Carly kept Micheal from AJ x amount of years ago and then hysterically played the victim between Tony, Jason, then Sonny, and everyone else then AJ wouldn't have been murdered and Sonny might not have been in prison. Or if Sonny listened first and shot later. Or if Ava didn't have a creepy incest crush on Julian....

Fucking Carly. I want her dead. Even more so than Sonny. At least Sonny provides me amazing UCG sometimes. Carly is THE WORST. LW is capable of amazing stuff, but mostly she's just plays Carly in a way that makes me want Carly murdered violently on screen.

• Love 22

sure, those are part of it. But so's her confiding (nonsensically) to the serial killer. 

Fucking Carly. I want her dead. Even more so than Sonny. At least Sonny provides me amazing UCG sometimes. Carly is THE WORST. LW is capable of amazing stuff, but mostly she's just plays Carly in a way that makes me want Carly murdered violently on screen.

I usually am amused by Carly, but yesterday playing the family madonna was too much. Not coincidentally, this time last year Olivia was playing the same role and she was intolerable in it too, or less so. (Seriously, where is her "oh Morgan we're family" crap now?). These friggin baby mamas gotta learn to stick to their one kid and leave the rest of Sonny's brood alone.

• Love 6

Well we could get into Morgan's Law 102. AJ got himself killed.

If only Carly hid Sonny's pepperoni better, he'd have never been in prison for 8 long weeks. The torture. It's like worse than if someone shot him for something he didn't do and let him bleed out like an animal, than sexed up the woman who orchestrated it on his grave. You know, just Carly logic. It's up there with hide the gun, slap the wife. Or defend the serial killer, ignore thy children.

• Love 3

The problem is, while Laura is a pretty good actress, she has the completely wrong idea of how to play Carly. She's never not been awful, obviously, but there was a point when she was very aware of exactly how trashy/unworthy she was. Now? She's convinced that she's Teh Awesum (why don't you tell us how A.J. pushed ya down the stairs, Carly?) and nothing breaks through that Teflon coating she's plastered with. It's gross.

• Love 8

We have a kiddie quad yet no teen scene/storyline/presence at all.

And yet, I'd still prefer to see that over the Fluke/Sonny show.

Or if Ava didn't have a creepy incest crush on Julian....

Screw that, the inappropriate chemistry between these two is IMO one of the only good things about this show.

• Love 7

Yeah and I'm fairly certain there would have to be some action by the court to get a pardon. I kinda think the Governor can't just grant a pardon. I might be wrong but that seems more than a little lame. Furthermore, saving the Gov's daughter has nothing to do with confessing to murder. I mean, if Ted Bundy escaped prison and saved some lives by defusing a bomb - would he have been pardoned?!? Come on RC.

Here's the thing, RC could have had Michael suspect or know Sonny killed AJ, but there's no evidence. With no evidence and no confession, Sonny can't be brought to trial. Sonny still loses Michael and then things start to fall apart with his business because of Fluke and the legion of doom. Sonny is also working hard to keep the AJ thing a secret. There, Sonny does some suffering (or as much as Sonny is ever going to do) and we don't have to have this lame hero/pardon crap to get him out of prison. Especially since it makes no sense.

I'm tired of the Sonny is a good mobster/hero mantra on this show.

• Love 9

I'm generally okay when a character who was terrible then later becomes a "good guy," especially if it's because the actor is really good or whatever. Like what they've done with Brad - he seems to have stopped being a total asshat and has apologized (seemingly sincerely) to people, and so it doesn't bother me too much in the long run. My issue with all this crap with Sonny is that his character never changes, he just gets forgiven for all his terrible stuff, only to turn around and almost immediately do it all over again. He *stays* awful. Additionally, when someone like Brad was being a jerk, everyone treated him like he was a jerk. Ava and Franco got crap from people all the time. But 99% of the other characters make excuses for Sonny or talk about how wonderful he is, blah blah blah. 

This. On a t-shirt. Outlined in sparkles.

I can't bring myself to blame Ron/Frank for Sonny's pardon. Sonny has been getting a pass on his heinous acts for decades and through multiple writing/producing regimes. I actually appreciated the thoroughly half-assed production on this one - that's exactly what this shit deserves. Yeah, Sonny's going to be forgiven on a governmental level for everything. He won't change. He may through less barware but that's because of budget cuts, not because of character growth. He'll still be the same "lovable" "heroic" mob boss you know and love fans. And maybe soon Jake/Jason will come to his senses and get back to being the sort of professional murderer every mom would be happy to leave in charge of her young children. That's why I fucking hate them. 

It's why I can embrace characters like Ava and Franco (when they aren't being "redeemed.") They're horrible people. They're horrible people who are capable of love but they're still horrible people. They aren't getting carried around Port Charles on a golden litter while the towns people toss flowers at them. They're deservedly town pariahs. I just hope Julian stays a pariah.

• Love 8

Yeah and I'm fairly certain there would have to be some action by the court to get a pardon. I kinda think the Governor can't just grant a pardon. I might be wrong but that seems more than a little lame. Furthermore, saving the Gov's daughter has nothing to do with confessing to murder. I mean, if Ted Bundy escaped prison and saved some lives by defusing a bomb - would he have been pardoned?!? Come on RC.

In real life, I think the governor can grant a stay of execution if a prison inmate is on death row, but as far as I'm aware, they cannot arbitrarily grant a pardon to a known murderer just because he "saved their daughter's life." If they did, there would be a media shitstorm the likes of which no one has ever seen, the governor would be impeached, then run out of town on a rail.

• Love 7

This. On a t-shirt. Outlined in sparkles.

I can't bring myself to blame Ron/Frank for Sonny's pardon. Sonny has been getting a pass on his heinous acts for decades and through multiple writing/producing regimes. I actually appreciated the thoroughly half-assed production on this one - that's exactly what this shit deserves. Yeah, Sonny's going to be forgiven on a governmental level for everything. He won't change. He may through less barware but that's because of budget cuts, not because of character growth. He'll still be the same "lovable" "heroic" mob boss you know and love fans. And maybe soon Jake/Jason will come to his senses and get back to being the sort of professional murderer every mom would be happy to leave in charge of her young children. That's why I fucking hate them. 

It's why I can embrace characters like Ava and Franco (when they aren't being "redeemed.") They're horrible people. They're horrible people who are capable of love but they're still horrible people. They aren't getting carried around Port Charles on a golden litter while the towns people toss flowers at them. They're deservedly town pariahs. I just hope Julian stays a pariah.

no, I think they're doing the Sonny and Jason routine with Franco, except maybe even harder. Do you know about the whole OLTL story/Todd/Franco switch-out story, Jane Digby? I'm just asking so when I start my Franco rant I'll know whether I have to explain that whole part. ;)

• Love 2

I don't think they'll use Jake's death as a catalyst for Luke's DID (if that's what it is). Julian (and Fluke) has said that they were in business for years and years before Julian came to PC. The timing is off by a decade or so.

In real life, I think the governor can grant a stay of execution if a prison inmate is on death row, but as far as I'm aware, they cannot arbitrarily grant a pardon to a known murderer just because he "saved their daughter's life." If they did, there would be a media shitstorm the likes of which no one has ever seen, the governor would be impeached, then run out of town on a rail.

Tvgoddess brought this up: There was a story about an out going governor in Mississippi pardoning 200 felons, including murders and rapists, because they were nice to his grandchildren, he actually said that. The victims (who survived) and their families were very vocally pissed about this, as was the attorney general and I don't this guy is planning on continuing in politics because he would basically be poison to his party. Even then, those criminals had done at least a decade in prison for whatever crime they committed. 

• Love 2

I don't think they'll use Jake's death as a catalyst for Luke's DID (if that's what it is). Julian (and Fluke) has said that they were in business for years and years before Julian came to PC. The timing is off by a decade or so.

Timelines, continuity and logic have yet to hold Ron back, I doubt they'll start too now. I don't know if that'll be it, but I have all the lack of faith it could be.

Edited by Gigi43

no, I think they're doing the Sonny and Jason routine with Franco, except maybe even harder. Do you know about the whole OLTL story/Todd/Franco switch-out story, Jane Digby? I'm just asking so when I start my Franco rant I'll know whether I have to explain that whole part. ;)

I know that the switch out happened. I never could get into OLTL but I've seen clips. I've seen clips of Carly and Todd on GH and, yes, RoHo and LW do have wicked chemistry. I tuned in to see James Franco play Franco because, you know, James Franco. And when I saw that Franco's main job was to fuck with Jason, I cheered. But Franco is like Faison. Dude can't be sticking around as just another part of the PC scenery.

And here's where I may be able to help you do the Franco rant in stereo. I get that RoHo is fab at doing twisted, tortured, snarky characters. But that's no reason to make him Franco. I get that RoHo and LW have wicked chemistry. But that's sure as hell no reason to pair Franco and Carly. I can accept Franco as a character precisely because I wasn't watching during the 2013 shitfest. I've seen clips and I'm really not sure that a woman thinking she was raped plays as snarky comedy. Don't get me wrong, it's not like Sam, who's done the Sonny/Jason pass-around thing, is a saint. When the love of your life is a hitman you kinda lose the chance to play the moral outrage card. Ditto to Carly - I can't get behind her being all pissy that Franco spilled the beans about AJ "just because I cheated on him." Listen, dumb bitch, you had sex with Franco, foisted him on your family and then were dumb enough to cheat on him because Mr. Tumor-made-me-psycho would clearly be all calm and collected when he found out. 

But Franco? FRANCO? How was that supposed to be a good idea? 

I'm beaten down so I'll take what soapy enjoyment I can. I shipped EJ & Sami and she shot him in the head. At least, unlike Sonny & Carly, that was written as an act of anger rather than a bonding activity. But still, I've been known to accept tarnished goods. Keep Franco fucked up, I say, and I can enjoy him with Nina the mental patient. 

• Love 4

So what's the deal with fLuke?  Dr O says the skeleton is at least 20 years old.  Didn't she also say that DNA was Luke's?  Guess they have it on file?  Then someone says the finger prints on the fLuke prisoner matches Luke.  Helena has access to the database (she removed Jason's right as they were running Jake's).  fLuke is pretty adamant still that he's not Bill Eckert, Faison, or Larry Ashton.   Is that it?

Ditto and ditto.

IKR?  Alexis is an adult with a good job.  No way she should still be living with Sam this many months later.

I think Huckabee did the same thing when he was Gov of Arkansas.   I don't mind the fictional Gov of NY pardoning Sonny --- for the crime of breaking out of jail  --- that I could totally be behind.  And if he somehow commuted the murder charge, well, I'd be annoyed but it's not as bad as a pardon.

• Love 1

I have a feeling for now until eternity every time anyone brings up that Sonny killed AJ, someone will complain that's unfair because "Sonny served his time for that."  Fortunately, I won't hear it because I don't watch Sonny.  Still.  I was not faked out by the 5 minutes in jail.  I'd been fooled too many times before.  

• Love 9

I just can't accept Franco or Nina in any way. I think they're both completely unwatchable, giving largely terrible performances and killing the show. Also up there is what they've done with Sonny. I knew he'd get out, but they fast-forwarded his trial and prison stay, spat on A.J. and treated Michael like dogshit for being angry, and now Sonny's out again already. It's just disgusting, and it further proves Ron isn't interested in anything but his big sweeps story beats. It's enough to almost make me quit watching, as I did off and on during the later years of Ron's OLTL.

And I know his response: "But you're still watching!" Sure, but on days when that material is being played heavy it's more out of brand loyalty. Not because of anything he does.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 16

I have a feeling for now until eternity every time anyone brings up that Sonny killed AJ, someone will complain that's unfair because "Sonny served his time for that."  

Oh, God, you're right! That is horrible. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy don't they just reveal AJ's comatose body somewhere?

• Love 6

I rarely get to see GH nowadays (mostly looking at the summaries), but several months ago I saw a scene at the mental hospital which revealed that there was one person secretly imprisoned there who we were led to believe was Luke Spencer, and another one who looked like Luke, was not wearing a mask, and was impersonating Luke in Port Charles.  I then saw a scene a couple of months ago between Helena and that prisoner, with Helena identifying him as the person who killed her during the 50th anniversary episodes.  This prisoner was later seen in the basement of the old Spencer house, and then replaced with a dead body which has been identified as someone who died quite a while back, so can't be the prisoner we saw.

It seems that this prisoner was the person we have known since 1978 as Luke Spencer, whether or not it actually was the person given that name when he was born.  That means the person recently jailed who had been taunting the prisoner is either the real Luke Spencer or a heretofore unknown identical twin, with the prisoner being the twin.  (That is, assuming the ID tests were not switched or faked - and how often have we seen that on GH?)  How else are they going explain that person who's been imprisoned for the last year?

I know that Ron Carlivati is well-known for his disdain of fans who disagree with his plotlines, but I think that having the Luke Spencer we have seen off and  on for 37 years being this evil person for all this time (or at least more than 20 years) is a line that is not crossable without irreparable consequences.  So hopefully if this is his intention, someone RC will listen to will tell him that before GH gets cancelled over it.

• Love 2