Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Well count on Ron to take subtext (the Helena/Luke flirtation) and make it text.  If we're in for some nonsense that Helena's ULTIMATE EVIL PLAN was really just to land Luke in her bed...

And if they are doing it AND Helena's got him brainwashed or something?  Guess what, Ron?  That's more rape!

Kimberly Andrews is not amused with your bullshit, Ron!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
According to Wikipedia (I know, I know), Olivia said Dante was born in 1984, so he's 30.  I know it was just the paramedics guessing his age, but it was the writers who made them say "late 20s" and the writers should know better.  Why not "late 20s, early 30s"?  Or just "early 30s"?  Because the paramedics weren't really guessing, they were saying what was in the script.  I know it doesn't actually matter, but I guess today I'm fixating on this.  Yesterday: why Helena wants to kill Sam.  Today: Dante's age.  Tomorrow? Can't wait to see what irrationally irritates me tomorrow.

She definitely never said that. Gotta love how they make shit up.

The only reason I can guess why the writers wrote that is they like to keep characters on the younger side for whatever reason, despite what the actors look like.

Unless you're Sabrina. Then they want you to be 27.

I actually get why Helena wants to kill Sam. She's offspring of Alexis/Kristen Bergman, that's enough.

• Love 3

I actually get why Helena wants to kill Sam. She's offspring of Alexis/Kristen Bergman, that's enough.

Honestly, I'm surprised Helena hasn't made more of an effort to kill Alexis' daughters over the years, just for kicks at the end of a long evil day.

• Love 6

Today had a lot of UCG, and for once it was in a good way:

Nathan staring at the countdown clock for a few seconds before finally dragging Dante out of the basement. Liz telling Nathan to call Lulu. Nathan burying the lead when he got to the HS.

The entire shootout with Carrrlos, Ava, Johnny, Sonny, and Julian. Good lord, everyone with a gun was a talker. SHOOT FIRST, talk later. Sheesh.

Sam being sympathetic to Jakeson because he finally remembered he's been brainwashed by Helena. Did Ron watch a lot of Ally McBeal? It's been "bygones!" from a lot of people lately. 

Today was also a lot of stupidness, but I thought it was entertaining stupidness. That doesn't happen too often. The only thing I could do without was the whole Heather/Nina/Franco stuff. Though I did laugh when Nina sort of twirled into Heather's arms so that she could be threatened with the LSD-loaded syringe. Too bad Heather didn't follow through. She chooses now to go soft? Oh, Heather.

• Love 6

Were we supposed to laugh when daffy Franco shot himself up with "LSD"? It's probably just sugar water.

When Luke is found to have a split or alternate personality ("Bad Luke"?) he can spend a long time "getting well" with everyone's sympathy, and then can revert to "Bad Luke" when the time is right and everyone has forgotten his fugue states. Tracy will probably be his loudest defender, insisting that it was all Helena's doing. Thus the "Fluke" story will take wings to evolve to even greater future heights.

The show really does need to invest in better blood makeup; Ava looked like a kid who had broken into the jam.

Sam and Jason are too stupid to live, not being able to add up 2 and 2 and recognize each other.

I was waiting for Tracy to fling feather-lite Helena into the icy, dirty water to bedraggle her lush white furs.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Were we supposed to laugh when daffy Franco shot himself up with "LSD"? It's probably just sugar water.

I would legitimately laugh my ass off if Franco was laying there whining, "I can feel my brain melting away, hold me, Nina!" and then some orderly comes in and is like, "Yeah, there was nothing harmful in there.".

• Love 8

So Sabrina and Carlos are back together? I bet they are having "lots and lots of sex" off screen.

And anti-mob Patrick is cheering them on?  He really is useless wallpaper now

• Love 5

So Sabrina and Carlos are back together? I bet they are having "lots and lots of sex" off screen.

And anti-mob Patrick is cheering them on? He really is useless wallpaper now

Patrick loves Jason and Carlos now. He only yells and snarls at Robin. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6
Luke and Helena deserve each other. However, he'd best be careful: she won't take to his disappearances and misadventures as nicely as Tracey does.

Meh, Helena will take it just like any other woman with Luke. She's already sharing with Tracy, and who knows how long they've been together, depending on how long Luke's psychosis has gone on.

Edited by ulkis

"I don't know Morgan, we might fall off the bridge!"

"No no no no Kiki, it's gonna be great, 'kay? You'll see, it's gonna be amazing, and we can hear the rushing water, and if we fall, it's gonna be like, wet and it's gonna be amazing!"

"Well, okay . . . "

Aaaand now I'm imaging Kiki jumping onto Morgan for sexytime the same way she jumped off the docks. Edited by curlyblackeggs
  • Love 4

Well count on Ron to take subtext (the Helena/Luke flirtation) and make it text.  If we're in for some nonsense that Helena's ULTIMATE EVIL PLAN was really just to land Luke in her bed...

The very *thought* of Luke and Helena doing it makes me want to rock in a corner like a wigged out Laura. Seriously, they've put it out there into the universe.

When Luke is found to have a split or alternate personality ("Bad Luke"?) he can spend a long time "getting well" with everyone's sympathy, and then can revert to "Bad Luke" when the time is right and everyone has forgotten his fugue states. Tracy will probably be his loudest defender, insisting that it was all Helena's doing. Thus the "Fluke" story will take wings to evolve to even greater future heights.

I thought Geary was acting oddly (even for him) as "Luke" today when Tracy confronted them. In fact, the thought crossed my mind that he was trying to act as if he were hypnotized or under some sort of mind control since he became more animated after both women were gone. But again, it could have just been TG's acting choices because I lost interest in speculating once he started talking to himself about blowing up the boat again. Because we all know that's what psychopaths do. Sigh.

• Love 1

I'll be very surprised if Luke is brainwashed. I think it's all some psychosis of Luke's.

Him talking about the boat, and blowing up the boat, and all puns about blowing stuff up, is really effing annoying.

A possible bombing and prison break sound like stories that have excitement/energy...

But not if GH is doing them.

Seriously, these last two episodes have been such a draaag (moreso than usual.)

Them juxtaposing Dante and Jason saying there's a bomb on the boat annoyed me because while I don't think Billy Miller is bad, he did the teeth grit at the end of his scene and I thought DZ was better in his scene, and it just reminds me again how GH has its own good actors it's not concentrating on and instead too busy with their "gets" from other shows.

Although to be fair I am more thinking of freaking Nina and Franco, and not Billy/Jason.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Did this actually happen before my eyes? Did Franco actually inject himself with LSD just so he could stay close to Nina? Is this a show I am watching? This is one of the dumbest things Ron has ever done.

And Tracy just left Luke there. Really? What was the point of all these scenes?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I think Billy is doing an amazing job with this crazy crap he's been handed. I mean, think about it...his material today was thinking back to past stuff and just...reacting...because he doesn't remember and all he gets are flashes. I'm not an actor, but that is hard, man. I'm also laughing thinking about SBu screaming and doing this shit.

Billy is going to eventually play a character with a more than 20-year history. I give the dude super credit.

• Love 6

Did this actually happen before my eyes? Did Franco actually inject himself with LSD just so he could stay close to Nina? Is this a show I am watching? This is one of the dumbest things Ron has ever done.

And Tracy just left Luke there. Really? What was the point of all these scenes?

Dumb? Franco? No!

I think Billy is doing an amazing job with this crazy crap he's been handed. I mean, think about it...his material today was thinking back to past stuff and just...reacting...because he doesn't remember and all he gets are flashes. I'm not an actor, but that is hard, man. I'm also laughing thinking about SBu screaming and doing this shit.

He's fine, and I'm sure he was great on Y&R. I think I just got tired of the hype even before they officially announced him for GH.

• Love 1

He's fine, and I'm sure he was great on Y&R. I think I just got tired of the hype even before they officially announced him for GH.

Yeah, I get that. And I admit I'm biased because I've been a fan of his for awhile.

If Sam tells Patrick about Helena and Jason's brainwashing and he STILL acts clueless, I'm going to LOLLLL.

• Love 4

I like Billy Miller, and I always hated Jason. I've seen more emotion coming from him than from SB in his whole run. I just hope they take this opportunity to do more with the character, and make him something else other than a brain damaged hit man in platonic love with Sonny.

I liked his scene with Sam, but I had to roll my eyes at his sudden recollection of everything. It just seemed to neat. Here I was expecting this shit to go on for months.Though I suppose I should be thankfull. 

I also don't think buddying up to Jakeson was the way to go. I get Sam is sympathetic, but it sort of kills the potential angst of Jakeson discovering who he is while fending of a revenge filled Sam. 

The Franco-Nina story is beyond moronic, but I do like their chemistry and there's something organic and sweet about them. Ducking from tomatoes, etc.

I'm leaning more to Helena somehow causing Lukes DID/double personality or what have you. Yes, I know that a man with Luke's face has supposedly been in charge of the "business" for a few years now. That could have been Eckert and he could have died more recently. The decomposition of the body in the basement seems like he's been dead for less than 22 years, imo. 

Is it me, or was Carlos pointlessly hamming it up with the fake hispanic accent in his scenes with Ava? He's still hot though, and it annoys me that he is stuck with that wet towel Sabrina. Also, there is no way in hell Ava would have been able to use her 2 arms to hold herself up after being shot in the shoulder. Just no. They could have at least had MW wince or cry out in pain while she was doing this, but I guess making things slightly more credible takes up too much time for the writers.

• Love 1

I think Billy is decent overall, I've certainly seen worse, but I do believe that he's wasted in the role of Jason, as I believe any actor at this point would be wasted in the role, and that even includes Mr. Stink face himself Steve Burton. Jason should have stayed fish food at the bottom of that harbor, imo. His purpose in life was long ago lost due to crappy writing and ridiculous and continuous character assassination just to prop his sorry ass.

If they were so desperate, and petty, to bring Billy on then they could have utilized him as another character with ties to the show who wonders of wonders was not a criminal or close to Sonny or Carly or Michael, etc.  

• Love 10

I just can't believe it...we're back to where it all began...it's sweeps and Sonny and Jake(son) are going to be the heroes...

Sigh. I am somehow both intensely angry and just completely indifferent about this. It's like why did I even expect something else?

But I'm sure her "death" will lead to Morgan and Kiki having grief sex on that bridge or something.

Why would you bring this up? WHY? 

This episode was boring as hell.

• Love 2

I think Billy is decent overall, I've certainly seen worse, but I do believe that he's wasted in the role of Jason, as I believe any actor at this point would be wasted in the role, and that even includes Mr. Stink face himself Steve Burton. Jason should have stayed fish food at the bottom of that harbor, imo. His purpose in life was long ago lost due to crappy writing and ridiculous and continuous character assassination just to prop his sorry ass.

If they were so desperate, and petty, to bring Billy on then they could have utilized him as another character with ties to the show who wonders of wonders was not a criminal or close to Sonny or Carly or Michael, etc.  

I wish he had been cast as a new Steven Lars. His being Franco's brother could be comedy gold.

• Love 1

I wish he had been cast as a new Steven Lars. His being Franco's brother could be comedy gold.

Oh I can just imagine all the shade Billy would have thrown Roger's way when he started off on one of his little "tangents", heh.

I also think that Billy would have made a pretty good Dillon. Just the thought of he and Jane going head to head as mother and son works for me, heh, especially since he could have kept up with her pretty well which is not a very easy thing to do.

This episode was boring as hell.

A.M.E.N.

Not even that stupid house bomb gave a damn enough to actually blow anyone up.

• Love 3

I got to watch this fakakta show in real time because I got laid off yesterday so, lucky me?

Why didn't Tracy just push both those old decrepit geezers into the drink and be done with it? WHY am I supposed to believe these two ancient aliens are the most evilest evildoers ever? For fuck's sake, seriously?? See, this is the time when you need a straight hood, ratchet ass character to come along & just double tap the both of them and walk off with Helena's fur.

• Love 7

I hope future Franco/Nina scenes take place off-screen.

Wow, the writers gave zero fucks about that party once Fluke left.

I'm sure Ava is fine. Ten minutes with her arm in a sling and two days for the bruises to heal and she'll be back to normal.

• Love 3

They should see this nauseating "Romeo & Juliet" story they're trying to push through to the end.  Nina grabs the syringe and sticks herself too.  We fade out on them silently sitting next to each other, drooling away.  We never see them again.

• Love 8

How does a person in a criminal mental institution get their hands on a syringe, much less what looked a few ounces of liquid LSD.  Which they don't even really make anymore.  More importantly, why do I keep asking about things that make no sense, even though I know that there will never be a reasonable explanation?

I really like Rho and have since his early Todd days, but even I am not looking forward to a tripping balls Franco.  

• Love 4

I did like Johnny essentially saying, let's blow this pop stand, when he just left when the shoot out went all wrong for him.

Well he has essentially turned into Bugsy, so, not surprised.

Wow, the writers gave zero fucks about that party once Fluke left.

I'm sure Ava is fine. Ten minutes with her arm in a sling and two days for the bruises to heal and she'll be back to normal.

Not even when he was there either. Michael's speech was regulated to background noise once fluke was done with his speech.

Edited by ulkis

I did like Lulu, as part of her apology to Michael for Fluke's behavior, telling him not to let that take away from the good work he's doing in AJ's name.

But naturally, that was the one mention of AJ at a event for a clinic that's named after him.

• Love 8

I like Billy Miller, and I always hated Jason. I've seen more emotion coming from him than from SB in his whole run. I just hope they take this opportunity to do more with the character, and make him something else other than a brain damaged hit man in platonic love with Sonny.

This.

Well, it looks like fucking Sonny is going to save the day.  Back on the barge I go.

• Love 2

Helena: We shall talk later
Luke (stupid accent): We shall

I want someone later to say to Luke, fine, I get you turned evil but why did you turn into a pretentious dick too?

• Love 11

Awww I think Franco and Nina are cute in a kooky way. As a side story it is better than Jake and Sam's knick knack. I find it so hilarious that Jakeson can hypnotize all the wimmins. I mean he had Liz then thrown over to Carly and NOW even freakin' Sam sees him as a helpless needy "project". RME

Awww to Sonlian. They are so cute and almost brought a tear to my eye at the end when Julian told him to go on without him to save their boys....sniff <tear>

Carrrloss is my hero. For a mobster he has it all and he is an adorable ham. Bonus points for not letting Ava use her "baby" card on him and shooting her and tossing her off a bridge. I will LOL if Ava is really gone since that is the same way MW character died on Y&R.

Bravo for badass Tracy putting the beatdown on Helena and Fluke. That was really fun to watch.

• Love 3

Monica not being at a party for a clinic being built in her murdered son's honor continues to bug, as does the Monica look-a-like with the front row seat, and I don't even like Monica.  An egregious absence, even for guys trying to put on a show for cheap.

As to the corpse in the basement, why the heck did Dante think it was Luke?  Just because it was wearing an orange "Inmate" jumpsuit from Miscavige?  What did he think killed Luke to make him look like that?  And that didn't destroy his clothes?

I did think DZ did a great job acting like someone who was hit on the noggin more than once, so maybe I'll give Dante a pass for being addled in the head at that moment.  I am glad Nathan also saw the corpse.  I was a'feared Dante would be the only one in the know and no one would believe him or, worse, he'd wake up in the hospital with amnesia.

Though, didn't Helena tell Fluke she took care of what was in the basement when he was worried that Dante was headed over there?  Which means... what?  She took what was really in the basement and replaced it with the corpse?  Or what?  Confuzzled, is I, on this point.  But, I'm still on the Fluke is Luke train, be it via DID, brainwashing, pure looniness, what have you.

I'm guessing Sabrina's

unexpected visitors will be Carlos and the wounded Johnny.  Nothing like having a nurse for a girlfriend for free, off the books medical treatment for all your gunshot needs.

Urgh, at Sonny saving the day.  Could he not suffer a little longer in prison?  If Michael forgives him anytime soon, I might be on the next launch to the barge.

• Love 2