Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Could these scripts be recycled with a few name changes?  It sure seems like it.

I always envision Ron sitting at his computer with old scripts open and using the "find and replace" function in Word to switch out character names.

• Love 8

I know Maxie/Robin were/are close but as far as she knows they are divorced. Plus they aren't going to touch on the Robin thing till KMC comes back. Which I hope is not for a long while. So sick of the back and forth with her character.

Divorced or not, I just think it's not...cool. Lol. But this is how Ron works. Propping duty for all with his couple of the moment.

I want the Robin stuff to end, so I want KMc back soon. The longer this goes, the more ridiculous all the characters look in my eyes.

• Love 3

Thank Jasus for Jackie Zeman!  She is doing her best work in over a decade, looks the best she has looked in over a decade, and for whatever reason Tony Geary actually drops the camp and acts around her.

This show desperatly needs a 'Matriarch' character and for whatever reason Ron wont put Monica in that role, so hopefully Bobbie can become that for this show.  

ETA: i think Bobbie & Michael didnt hear voices was because that conversation was all in Luke's head.  There is no one down in that basement.  

Was Felicia in handcuffs in the previews?!?

I'm wondering if the cartel frames her for election fraud to get revenge on Felicia?  Maybe Luke blames Felicia for the affair?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Why do characters talk about other characters in bed? It's weird. Also, Spencer Cassadine is not a reliable source of information. He's an eight year old with a candy addiction and a need to be grounded. And omg Nathan is jealous of Jake the Bartender? He must blow off work and bang Maxie right away?

We get it. Jake is Jason. The point is made. Was there another point to be made? Because I just want these people to get jobs, Ron. Send these people to work and get off my porch!

• Love 1

I was really uncomfortable watching the scenes between Sam and Carly. I am really not a fan of either, but Laura was acting circles around Kelly.

I loved Tracy's necklace, and as much as I loved Helena's jacket, I kept being drawn to her wrinkled décolletage. Not a good look.

Edited by sometimesfan

Yup....I had a nice nap today, too.  The only good thing was CT (looking fabulous as always) and BM.   Speaking of CT, in the last 3 weeks I've seen her in two old Perry Mason eps.  The first time I kept saying is that who I think it is? so I watched the credits and sure enough.  Then another one later on.  Woman has aged beautifully and I should look half as good when I'm her age.

I can't wait for Maxie and Johnny to be face to face....mostly to see the RL couple vibe.  Lord knows KA and CD have -0 chemistry on screen.   I think BB and KSt will be sweet.

Watching this show after watching B&B is night and day. Plots are moving quickly, the writing's good as is the acting (plus they have SK!).  We should send Ron a month's worth of shows for reference.

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 2

A couple of things:

At the very least, Dante is aware that Sonny does illegal things to make money. Even if it's "just" collecting protection money from Coleman types, he knows that his father breaks the law on a regular basis. More than that, Sonny shot him in the chest, and he threw away a perfectly good opportunity to get him put away for it, instead opting to go after him for something he actually didn't do. Is that what a 'good guy' does? Sure, you could say that mobsters are prone to shooting unarmed guys, but you could also say that Johnny is prone to doing the same thing. It was supposed to be Dante's job to put Sonny in jail, and like all the other law enforcement types before him, he failed at it. And you could say that everything on this show eventually comes back to kissing Mini McMoobster's ass in one way or another, but I can never enjoy Dante fully, even when he's in scenes with Anna, because of his mob apologism.

As for Johnny, ColeandHope got retconned out of existence, and while I enjoyed Papa Z up to a point, its just as well that that crazy old man is dead. Mobsters are mobsters, and if Dante can live with his ":father's" activities without complaining too much, exactly what does he have against Johnny other than the fact that he might not trust his wife, which has nothing to do with anything other than Lulu being who she is.

I agree with all you said. Johnny never wanted to work for his grandfather, He Was a good guy most of the time. konne blackmailed him into marring her. he never slept with her willingly and he only killed a mad lunatic killer .colenhope never were so, he never killed them. As for selling body parts, they had to find a way to have Sonny be a gooder mobster than him .  Now Re- Ron is going to find a way to save Michael from Fluke so he will be a hero. I am so done with this show I can't watch anymore. I wanted to watch Johnny's return but except for when he beat up Sonny.????  Barge here I come.

• Love 1

So... it sounds like Carly's still an idiot. Dumping Franco, and let's be real, she didn't so much dump him as he was done with her and made it pretty fucking easy... and besides, he's the one that said no at the wedding first, didn't do a damn thing to improve her minimal intelligence. Arguing with Sam about Jakeson's innocence... she knows absolutely nothing about this guy... except that, again, he does little more than tell her how awesome she is.

She's an idiot.

(And I'm so glad Ron can no longer write Blair like this.)

• Love 18

So now all of the Naxie scenes are going to be them banging, to make up for the year that Nathan didn't have any sex scenes? I just can't.

I can get on board with Julian and Sonny teaming up if it means this Fluke crap is done.

Carly and Sam was nice ff material.

I wonder if there is something about being in a beanie and sweats that makes Maurice more relaxed, I swear there was like 50% less stuttering.

LOL but maybe you're on to something. MB is really good lately. As you said, 50% less stuttering! Plus he does just seem more relaxed and natural. I hate that I actually liked the Sonny/Julian scenes because I know why they're doing this shit and I fucking hate that they're making Sonny out to be a fucking hero again, but dammit Julian and Sonny are kinda cute together.

How did Bobbie and Michael not hear Fluke yelling from the basement? I doubt it's sound proof.

There are so many more things on the show that are more aggravating than this but nevertheless it was driving me crazy.

i think Bobbie & Michael didnt hear voices was because that conversation was all in Luke's head.  There is no one down in that basement.  

But this is a good point. Maybe it's a little foreshadowing that it's a split-personality/DID situation.

I loved the Carly/Sam scenes because they cracked me up. Carly is so dumb. SO DUMB. And KM was playing it like Sam was so over everyone acting like Jake is a hero when they know literally nothing about him. Such fun! I dread when Jake is revealed to be Jason. I'm sure I'll go back to being annoyed by Sam then.

I actually really liked this episode. I don't even know, guys.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

So... it sounds like Carly's still an idiot. Dumping Franco, and let's be real, she didn't so much dump him as he was done with her and made it pretty fucking easy... and besides, he's the one that said no at the wedding first, didn't do a damn thing to improve her minimal intelligence. Arguing with Sam about Jakeson's innocence... she knows absolutely nothing about this guy... except that, again, he does little more than tell her how awesome she is.

She's an idiot.

(And I'm so glad Ron can no longer write Blair like this.)

ReRoning Todd and Carly, I see.  Cause that's about all he did with her, tell her how awesome she was while she defended his no-goodnik ass.

Thank Jasus for Jackie Zeman!  She is doing her best work in over a decade, looks the best she has looked in over a decade, and for whatever reason Tony Geary actually drops the camp and acts around her.

Again, with an RoHoism.  He dropped 90% of his bullshit around HIS onscreen sister as well.

ReRoning Todd and Carly, I see.  Cause that's about all he did with her, tell her how awesome she was while she defended his no-goodnik ass.

That's how Carly was with Jason though, so, to be fair, it's in character, at least when it comes to Jason.

That's how Carly was with Jason though, so, to be fair, it's in character, at least when it comes to Jason.

She was that way with Todd... and Franco... and Jakeson... and, God knows, during the Guza years it seemed to be a requirement to go on and on and on about Carly's imagined virtues in order to remain in Port Charles for any length of time.

• Love 7

When Fluke gets done with the baseball bat, can I borrow it to use on Carly?

I want to use it on three quarters of the cast. I've now reached the point where I'm Ffing thru all things Naxie. I just can't look at him anymore and have zero interest in watching them have sex.

Sonny deciding they need to tell the cops about Fluke? seriously? Did I really hear him say that?

I was fairly bored by today's show but it was a relief to hear Michael say what I yelled at the TV about Luke having absolutely no say over what Michzel does with the house. And I really don't give a flying fuck about who Fluke is or isn't. I just want this story to end!

Arguing with Sam about Jakeson's innocence... she knows absolutely nothing about this guy... except that, again, he does little more than tell her how awesome she is.

And of course Carly still thinks Liz is dumb for letting Jakeson stay in her house. I mean, Liz was, but the level of hypocrisy from Carly is hilarious. She's likely more annoyed that Liz got to Jakeson first.

This Fake!Luke stuff makes me want to gouge my eyes out. It's SO BORING. 

What's the point of Helena telling Jake that his memories of grabbing Sam are real? He's supposedly not going to remember anything she tells him anyway.

"I don't want to hear excuses!" Julian, if anyone's going to spout those, it's going to be Sonny.

dammit Julian and Sonny are kinda cute together.

I know. Fuck.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Fluke is so damn creepy. I was kind of afraid for Michael.

How can Lulu even be hungry again, she just had breakfast with Maxie. At least Maxie is off burning calories.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm 81 years old like CT, I won't really care about my wrinkled décolletage. Seriously. Especially if I was a size 0 - which I will never be. Ever.

And finally, I hope Robin comes in and smacks Maxie. They're related. She should mention that she hopes Robin is happy wherever she is before she talks about Sam and Patrick's happiness.

Edited by PilatesFun
  • Love 4

Fluke is so damn creepy. I was kind of afraid for Michael.

How can Lulu even be hungry again, she just had breakfast with Maxie. At least Maxie is off burning calories.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm 81 years old like CT, I won't really care about my wrinkled décolletage. Seriously. Especially if I was a size 0 - which I will never be. Ever.

And finally, I hope Robin comes in and smacks Maxie. They're related. She should mention that she hopes Robin is happy wherever she is before she talks about Sam and Patrick's happiness.

It's not the wrinkled décolletage, it's the showing of the wrinkled décolletage. It doesn't mean I don't love CT to bits.

Yup.

And adding on that a bit, it's crazy that Robin is the character who is continually written to be suffering and doing things for other people and oh yeah SUFFERING, but the audience is supposed to just ignore that little tidbit.

Like, logically, wouldn't a semi-sane writer just write a character off happily if they want the viewers to...forget?

• Love 4

I've not been on the Fluke/DID train until Bobbie and Michael couldn't hear Fluke SCREAMING at "Luke". I think this just might be the answer. So, then, Luke, on all of his disappearances over the years has really been cavorting with Julien Jerome, setting him up, running drugs, planning on taking over Port Charles. Fluke being DID Luke would at least explain why Tracey isn't the dumbest person alive who couldnt tell the difference between someone else and the man she's been sleeping with on and off for a decade.

Maybe Luke split when Bill died which is why the mere mention of Bill's name sends him in to a tailspin.

Maybe it's also why Connie/Kate had to die - because one person with a split personality can recognize another - maybe Julien wasnt the only secret she'd figured out...  (and maybe somehow Ava didn't actually kill her, Fluke did .. which is how she'll get out of jail so that she can stay on the show).

I would especially like it if DID/Luke's long time secret girlfriend is Nikki Smith ....but then, I don't expect that to happen because we can't ever have nice things. :)

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 6

How much longer are they going to drag this Legion of Doom story out?  I guess they had to stretch it out when TG was gone for so long, but now that he's back they're not exactly moving things forward at any noticeable speed.  I like to think that the commenters here are generally smarter than those on other boards, and it seems that many of us are totally confused about what's going on.  The rest of them must have headaches from trying to figure it out.  So over it.  

dammit Julian and Sonny are kinda cute together.

My hatred for Sonny will never allow me to admit that he is even the tiniest bit cute.  Although having Julian around does make him more tolerable.  But that's as close to a compliment as Sonny will ever get from me, other than "He died well."  

I admit that I was only paying half attention, but what was the significance of Nik looking at Tracey's stock certificates?  And why did he have them?

Does anyone remember sometime 2000ish, Helena had Lucky drug Luke and Luke hallucinated an evil version of himself?

I distinctly remember this "version" walking around in all black as Luke lay in some alley.

Edited by Tiger

Like with Jason, Sonny has sexual chemisty with Julien, who, I think, was like totally trying to impress him by working out in front of him. If it was summer, he'd definitely be shirtless. I think I caught them passing notes in study hall.

Speaking of which I thought Sonny was going to say "Legion of Doom" on today's show when Julien was relating all the villains Fluke is related to.

Also: DID/Luke would absolve the character of the death of Jake (not that the recent version of this show has fixated on that for more than a second, but I can see being a topic if the story goes this direction)

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 1

Okay ya'll know how I feel about my det Special Kitty, but double MEOW! he looked so hott on that bed in those jeans and no shirt(I think I let out an involuntary squeek and my husband was in the room...oops), I really need a gif of that. I will sit alone and enjoy Naxie b/c I think they are young free and cute. I will say Maxie is way over involved in Sam's life though that was silly.

I found today entertaining. I really loved Michael's weird faces while (F)Luke was talking to Bobbie. He was kind of half perplexed/half horrified. hahaha.

And while I will usually agree that Carly is just such a useless waste of oxygen, I have to say her arguement while we know is incorrect was actually much more logical than that mess Sam was spouting. Part of my problem with Sam is she is usually right but has no real basis to BE right and it chaps me b/c she shouldn't be right but she is. Her agruements are stupid and she looks so silly going around quoting a child as her source. It is so unrealistic for her to be right.

Also I've always liked Sonny but he and Julian together are golden. Part of why Sonny is so much more likeable now is he isn't acting like a mob boss. He seems to be acting like a regular guy who wants to protect his son as is Julian. B/c they are acting like two regular guys without so much posturing it makes them more likeable.

I also really don't see this as trying to make Sonny the "hero". It seems to me Sonny has always had both good and bad in him. Sometimes he does good things and sometimes he doesn't, but protecting Michael isn't something new for him, he's done it before so it isn't unexpected he'd do it again.

The only sour note to me was Nik and Alexis. I didn't ever even understand what the purpose of that meandering conversation was and I don't think they click well in scenes. And poor Ned, everytime Alexis talks about him I feel worse and worse for him, you should be trying so hard to be "in love".

• Love 2

After today's show and some of the discussion up thread, add me to the list of posters who wonder if Luke was also brainwashed by Helena and the LOD. I'm not totally on board with it, but I can see it now.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 1

DID Luke could explain how awful Luke was to Lucky in the whorehouse. I know GW wrote that storyline but it still fits. Real Luke for all his faults really loved Lucky and would not have said those things.

And poor Ned, everytime Alexis talks about him I feel worse and worse for him, you should be trying so hard to be "in love".

Ned is pining for Olivia, so he doesn't need any tears shed.

After today's show and some of the discussion up thread, add me to the list of posters who wonder if Luke was also brainwashed by Helena and the LOD. I'm not totally on board with it, but I can see it now.

It's a cheap way to explain a lot of his actions over the years. But i might prefer a cheap explanation to what we've been given.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

DID Luke could explain how awful Luke was to Lucky in the whorehouse. I know GW wrote that storyline but it still fits. Real Luke for all his faults really loved Lucky and would not have said those things.

IIRC, Luke made it clear -- after Lucky left -- that he said the awful stuff to drive Lucky away. He loved Lucky but loathed himself so much that he believed the best thing he could do for his son was to make him want to have nothing to do with his father.

• Love 1

Yay, a Lucas and Brad mention over their watching American Horror Story 

I'm so over Ron using Lucas and Brad - on and off screen - to talk about his favorite TV shows.  How about putting the remote down and writing them a story, Ron?

• Love 6

I remain convinced that Fluke is Pat, and that s/he had sex reassignment surgery. She has a grudge against Luke and Bobbi, obvi, and this has to do with what happened to her in that house.  I think Bill is red herring.

I know there is no logic against why Pat would have issues with Sonny etc; I have no explanation for that but I am sure Ron will come up with something.

• Love 1

Today's show actually hurt my ears   It was bad enough to see Geary eating the scenery, making faces, tousling his hair cuz he's such a BAD BOY, and then that damned bat.....I admit I was never much of a fan, but there used to be moments......now he's just embarrassing.  When he did the squat with the bat in his pretend swing at "Luke"  he looked like an osteoporosis ad.  And when he gave Bobbie and Michael the evil eye he looked like his mascara ran.  Enough...

And then we had to listen to Carly blather on and on and freakin' on.  I wish Sam had walked her over to the elevator and just pushed her down the shaft.  Woman wouldn't have quite talking even then.  Amazing how much noise she makes talking outta her ass.

• Love 5

Yeah,  I wonder if the Helen/Jake-son scenes are a way to prepare us for a Luke DID story.  The mind control has been going on for so many years that Luke's mind has finally split. 

But I am not sure how Patricia would fit into the DID story, so I am going to fall back to my wacky Patricia sex change story line.

I only caught a couple of minutes while out today. Why are so many people refering to Jake as a "soldier". IMO, nothing about him shouts soldier.Ron has never heard nor seen subtle.

In case Ron's reading, Jason was a violent mob enforcer thug not a trained patriotic soldier.

Jake not trying to figure out who he is or his past is stupid. Jake's harem not helping /forcing him to figure out his past or doing it on their own is rdiculous.

I'm glad I only caught some of the show in passing because I can't take it when Robin's family props Patdouche yet can't go to Paris and talk to Robin.

The writing, storylines, sets and production (pacing, lighting, music) on this show are in the toilet.

• Love 4

Yest. 10:58 pm

Today's show actually hurt my ears   It was bad enough to see Geary eating the scenery, making faces, tousling his hair cuz he's such a BAD BOY, and then that damned bat.....I admit I was never much of a fan, but there used to be moments......now he's just embarrassing.  When he did the squat with the bat in his pretend swing at "Luke"  he looked like an osteoporosis ad.  And when he gave Bobbie and Michael the evil eye he looked like his mascara ran.  Enough...

Every time I see Luke or Fluke now, it's as if a very bad smell has wafted into the room. To me, both the character and the actor are false, boring, obnoxious, corrupted, and past dead. Rage permeates the character, and seems to percolate below the surface in the actor as well. For example, I don't buy that Luke had to speak cruelly to Lucky for Lucky's own good. At some level, cynical Geary gets off on chewing up other characters and actors and spitting them out.

Enough, indeed. Get out of my soap opera, Tony G.

Similarly, I'm at the end of my rope with that old bat Helena Cassadine. Someone is inconveniently in the way? Kill them, of course. Just like Fluke/Luke, for Helena killing or ordering a minion to kill is the go-to strategy. No brains, no plans--just "kill". It's stupid for so many reasons. Put  a stake in Helena and don't bring her back.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

I remain convinced that Fluke is Pat, and that s/he had sex reassignment surgery. She has a grudge against Luke and Bobbi, obvi, and this has to do with what happened to her in that house.  I think Bill is red herring.

I know there is no logic against why Pat would have issues with Sonny etc; I have no explanation for that but I am sure Ron will come up with something.

Early last year, Fluke mentioned something about someone named "Woods" to Julian.  Sonny's allegedly abusive step-father was Deke Woods.   Considering he was a cop in Bensonhurst and has now been dead for decades, I'm not sure how he would be connected to either Luke, Bill, or Pat.

Was there ever anything about Luke and Deke having crossed paths off-screen?

Also, to me the biggest flag that Fluke has to be Luke himself, Bill, or Pat, and definitely not Anthony, Trevor, Mitch, etc., is that TG said he was planning to leave until RC pitched this story.  I do not see Tony sticking around to play anyone in that later category.  I do see him sticking around to play Luke gone bad, his beloved Bill, or a deranged transsexual lesbian.

Whoever Fluke is I do not think he is gone once the reveal happens. The plot is getting too layered, especially now that Helena is after ELQ and pulling Nik in. I see a Fluke reveal and then a Fluke on the run story and likely several months before we actually see the show down between Luke and Fluke:  Feb: Fluke reveal. May: Jason Reveal and Sonny out of Jail, Nov: Fluke vs Luke the final showdown.  The break between big events in May and Nov give TG his summer exit as he goes chasing after Fluke

Edited by Fylaki

I'm over Naxie.  I really don't get it.  Kirsten Storms is young and cute.  Maxie can be a bit of a one-note ditz but is a really significant legacy character.  KSt shows up to work every day and does her job.  I don't understand why she keeps getting saddled with horrible actors playing go-nowhere characters (e.g. Nathan, Cooper) or playing the love interest to characters who shouldn't have one but that the show feels obligated to pair up (e.g. Spinelli).  

Surely there are better uses for this character?  

• Love 2