Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Having caught up on this week I found myself enjoying some parts of the show. The wedding reveal, thought RH and LW knocked it out of the park. And actually CD confirmed what a great actor he is away from Kiki. 

Nina and Ava is still disgusting but that baby sure is cute and MSt toned down wasn't unbearable like she has been screaming and repeating herself all time.

Shallow thoughts ME looked damn good this week and I wasn't minding the eye candy of him and RP talking away about  um Nina or whatever it was... 

RH also looked to me like Lucas for a split second when he walked into the Floating Rib before joining Bobbie

• Love 1

Am I the only one still ff-ing Sonny?  I keep reading all the stuff here about how awesome this week was and how great Michael's smackdown of Sonny is, and all I can think is "wake me when Michael actually kills Sonny--that I'll tune in for!"  I just Do. Not. Believe. that this is going to end anywhere other than Michael apologizing to Sonny 6 months from now for all the mean things he said and telling Sonny how he's the greatest dad ever.  You know, where it always ends.

I'd LOVE to be proven wrong.  If Micheal kills Sonny I'll play that shit on loop twice as many times as I played Jasus rolling off the pier, even.  I just don't buy it.  I've been faked out too many times.  I'm happy for those of you who can still take joy in this.  It means you have hope.  I no longer do.  Sonny is still on FF for me. 

• Love 2

Three cheers for Michael Without Pity! I not only agreed with every word he said to/about Sonny and/or Carly, he didn't say enough, as far as I'm concerned. I haven't loved seeing character destruction this much since Robin crashed Purina's wedding last year. Michael's reading Snarly for the filth they are is, was and always will be a thing of beauty. Some of Michael's lines to Sonny may have been cribbed from the boards, but what matters to me is that Michael said them to Sonny, not where they came from. I cheered Michael on every step of the way, whether he was calling Sonny out over the crypt sex,  shooting Dante or killing AJ, especially the latter. Michael's putting Carly on blast for her part in the whole thing was priceless. Kudos to CD. He really brought his A-game this week. Loved that Michael didn't fall for Ava's bullshit either. Like Sonny, Ava desecrated AJ's memory and his grave, plus she framed AJ for the crime that she committed and got him killed by Sonny because of it. That Michael spared Ava for the baby's sake-unlike his brother, the guy who claimed to love her-speaks volumes about Michael's character. That it was at Sonny's expense was the icing on the cake.

Michael's referring to Ava as a "whore" didn't bother me either because of what she did to AJ and to his grave with Sonny's help. If Michael had called every women he knows that and treated them accordingly, barware-throwing and all, then I would be offended. Having said that, ITA that "whore" not only applies to Sonny too, I dub Sonny LCHW (Lying, Cheating, Homicidal Whore). However, regarding Sonny's fate, as much as he deserves to be shot/die for killing AJ, Michael shouldn't be the one to do it because even though he's justified (to say the least), a quick and painless death is way too good for Sonny. No good deed that Sonny has done in the past, distant or recent, should erase his killing AJ in cold blood. Sonny should suffer slowly, painfully and permanently for killing AJ, if not by rotting in prison or a mental hospital for the rest of his life like he should, then it should be by loss, if not of his freedom, then by loss of his power, his money, his reputation and especially Michael. Michael's rejecting Sonny and Carly and fully embracing his inner Q forever would be a fate even worse than death to them. As for Michael's being a Corinthos, that was Sonny, Carly and a meat hook's fault, not Michael's. Michael had even less choice in that matter than AJ did.  Michael has suffered and sacrificed his whole life because of Sonny and/or Carly. He's been kidnapped, imprisoned, raped and almost killed because of Sonny. He has been lied to, manipulated and used as a pawn because of Carly. Even worse, Carly uses "love" as an excuse. If she really loved Michael, then she never would have taken him from AJ in the first place. AJ did terrible things in the past, but much of them were in response to Sonny & Carly's treatment of him, including keeping him from Michael. Hopefully, AJ is laughing in Heaven right now.

I'm definitely on the "STFU Bobbie" Train. Her making excuses for Carly was bad enough, but her trying to stop Scotty from doing his job, picking yet another fight with Lucy and claiming that no one liked AJ was deep-fried fuckery of the highest order. Contrary to Bobbie's opinion,  I can think of two people who loved AJ-Michael and Monica, aka Bobbie's grandson and her good friend, respectively. Hell, Monica loved AJ so much that she faked his death to protect him and Bobbie didn't even give Monica's feelings about wanting to know the truth about Sonny's killing AJ and Carly's covering it up a second thought? Bitch, please!

Bobbie should have poured vodka on Franco and set him on fire.

She would have melted.

• Love 8

To me a big part of why AJ was chosen as the sacrificial lamb, and not just because Ron had his hissy fit over Sean leaving, is because AJ was often played as the second fiddle son to Jason and then Sonny got involved in his life and it was straight downhill from there, so he was this show's punching bag long before Ron took over.

I have only been watching since June, so I never knew the character of A.J., but I do love Sean Kenan.   I feel obligated to like A.J. simply because Sonny and Carly hated him, and I have never seen either of them do anything that wasn't disgusting..  No matter what he did when he was alive he couldn't have been one tenth as bad as those two characters.  I do wish there was a way for him to come back, not only for Michael, but for some of us who love Sean Kenan. 

• Love 1

Less Sonny on the screen equals more enjoyment for me.  His contract expires in December (?). Does anyone know for sure if he renewed his contract?  Tons of screen time for him coming down the pike with Jason.  Those sirens are playing a real sweet tune by the barge.  I raise a glass and toast those of you who have watched this soap opera (that has lost its way from focusing on a hospital in Port Charles and turned into a soap about a mob) and kept this soap alive for the past two decades.  Sonny not being worshiped is a step in the right direction but the guy needs to vacate the premises.  STAT (and preferably with a whimper).

All my dreams come true in one post (well, most of them anyway) but I keep reading that he did indeed renew his contract so here's what needs to happen:

Sonny needs to die.

Get rid of him, there is no redemption scenario that would ever make me like Sonny. He's done too much, gotten away with too many things, does not have a heart of gold (or a heart at all IMO, he cares about Sonny and no one else) and he needs to die a horrible painful death. Let Michael be the instrument to put him in jail and let Johnny's goons take him out. Easy peasy.

So he renewed his contract, who says he has to continue being Sonny Corinthos? We've had a gazillion long-lost twins/brothers/cousins/whatever, hell, make him a clone for all I care!

Just kill off Sonny and if we have to be stuck with MB, turn him into the anti-Sonny. Turn him into a dog. I don't care, just the,Sonny, the. In a fire.

• Love 7

If I truly believe that the narrative is asking me to sympathize with Sonny and Carly through this, I promise you won't see me watching and posting about the show. But if it asks me to see their side? Sure, I'll see it but it doesn't mean I'll think they are in the right.

See, I do think in most cases the narrative does want us to sympathize with Sonny and Carly (and Franco now), and that is just unacceptable to me. And I don't fucking care about Sonny's side anymore. We've had to suffer through his damn side of everything forever, it's enough! Well, I mean, I haven't, because I've only been watching GH on and off for like maybe 10 years, but still!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

Like everyone else, I enjoyed the Michael/Sonny confrontation.  I've always like CD, and while he has a right to be angry at Sonny, I think killing or threatening to kill Sonny, starts him on the rocky road to be Sonny.  I really hope Michael isn't going to be "Michael Corleone", the good guy whose family protected him from the dirty part of the business, yet he ends up embracing the life style.

I really liked the extended scene of Michael and Sonny standing and pointing guns at each other.  I don't hate Sonny and I don't love AJ, but the scene definitely made Michael look like the very image of AJ, and I don't think it was on accident.

Like I said, I don't hate Sonny.  But why do they keep that prop gun for him?  I giggle every time he pulls that thing out.  It's way too big for him and makes him look so tiny in contrast.  I know it speaks of Sonny's attempt to over compensate, but I'd love to see him pull out a tiny pink gun.

Regarding how the storyline ends.  Unless the end game is Sonny's death - which I doubt - I think Michael could shoot Sonny and paralyze him.  Sonny would be too pathetic to jail, and we could see his heroic struggle to walk again.  Michael will be overcome with guilt, and will beg his father's forgiveness.  Michael gets out of jail time because of PTSD.  I'm not hoping this happens, but I could see the writing going this way.

• Love 1

See, I do think in most cases the narrative does want us to sympathize with Sonny and Carly (and Franco now), and that is just unacceptable to me. And I don't fucking care about Sonny's side anymore. We've had to suffer through his damn side of everything forever, it's enough! Well, I mean, I haven't, because I've only been watching GH on and off for like maybe 10 years, but still!

I don't mean that the writing is never bias, it is sometimes. RC is stupid enough to openly admit it so he is not subtle when he is doing it. My post was about the past week. I don't feel like I am being manipulated to feel sorry for anyone other than Michael.

Franco is standing there grinning like a clown when crushing Michael's delusions about his parents. if RC wanted us to feel sorry for him, he wouldn't follow that classless reaction with what he did in the warehouse.

Carly is weeping and wailing but it is an honest reaction from a "mother" whose son seems to have reached a point of no rerun. Don't see it has manipulative for sympathy.

If any part of the Michael/Sonny scenes seemed manipulative in favor of Sonny then we should just agree to disagree on this subject. I don't like Sonny either but I don't have a blinding hatred to the point where I have no objectivity when it comes to him.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

Silas > Sonny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Franco

I'm

Silas > Test of the Emergency Broadcast System >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Franco > Sonny

At least the dude playing Franco can act.  That's about all he's got, but at least it's something.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 5

For all of Sonny's faults, he isn't a SERIAL KILLER nor has he ever arranged to have someone raped nor himself raped anyone.

I still consider what Freakco did to Sam rape even if there wasn't actual penetration.

• Love 1
For all of Sonny's faults, he isn't a SERIAL KILLER

Not to defend that waste of excrement Franco, as I think only a dead Franco is a good Franco - but Sonny is a mobster. A gummy mobster, yes, but a mobster. And, by rights, aren't mobsters basically SERIAL KILLERS, too?

• Love 14

For all of Sonny's faults, he isn't a SERIAL KILLER nor has he ever arranged to have someone raped nor himself raped anyone.

I still consider what Freakco did to Sam rape even if there wasn't actual penetration.

He did ply a teenage girl with drugs though and pressured her to strip when using said drugs. His intro story was very, very skeevy. Although that said, yeah, I do agree Franco is a cut worse than Sonny.

• Love 2
Not to defend that waste of excrement Franco, as I think only a dead Franco is a good Franco - but Sonny is a mobster. A gummy mobster, yes, but a mobster. And, by rights, aren't mobsters basically SERIAL KILLERS, too?

I just love how this show makes us all question who is better to keep around based on not just how many people they have killed but also why...

GH should be renamed to GP, as in General Population because pretty much we're watching a good chunk of people who should be locked away in prison running hospitals, getting coffee, enjoying BLTs and having sex on their children's furniture.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 9

This times a million. I don't deny that Franco is eight thousand kinds of vile, but if Ava is no better than Sonny, is Sonny better than Franco?

• Love 4

This times a million. I don't deny that Franco is eight thousand kinds of vile, but if Ava is no better than Sonny, is Sonny better than Franco?

imo? Slightly. Sonny is a creep, but imo murdering people, than posing their bodies and taking pictures of them and putting them on display a bit creepier than anything Sonny's done. Not a WHOLE lot because Sonny has done some pretty creepy things, but creepier.

In other news, if I can't get Nathan/Anna/Dante sexytimes, I at least need a scene with them sipping cognac in her office, decompressing from a day of arresting loved ones, dammit.

• Love 6
Sonny's a mobster who has hitmen on payroll, more people are dead because of Sonny than Franco.

The majority of the people Sonny has targeted are just like him basically, they're mobsters too and live, and often die by, the same codes. They have tried to blow up his limos and take out Max just as many times as he's attempted to return the favour.

I am not saying Sonny hasn't targeted innocent people outside of the business before, Dante and AJ for instance, but the majority of the lives he's taken out or targeted have been directly business related.

However Franco targeted and hand picked all his victims to kill without a single reason except he wanted to, to me that's where things go to the next level.

The sole purpose behind their deaths was to make Franco happy. He used their loss of life to create his special "art works", it's the most depraved reason to murder, imho. To kill for the sheer thrill of it.

That is why when I see scenes such as on Friday when Franco is taunting Bobbie and gloating, well aware he got away clean and clear from his crimes and yet now he can watch Carly get actual jail time...while I have absolutely no use whatsoever for Carly or Sonny, the thought of Franco still roaming around PC unrestrained is distressing.

I do hope that I am wrong and that he is soon on his way out, permanently, but if they intend to use the fact that he exposed Carly and Sonny at the wedding as a good enough reason to keep him around...just the thought of that is horrifying to me.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 7

I love that Michael immediately thought Sonny had done something with the baby.  He really does finally see Sonny for who he truly is.  It's about time! 

Can't we have one tiny scene with MB and the baby? Sonny is awful, but MB is so good with the little ones. 

Maybe they can just give us a bonus behind the scenes segment some day, over the closing credits or something.  They can round up all the baby/small child actors and let them hang out with MB, ME, and RH backstage. 

Again, to play devil's advocate, Sonny and his ilk has been using the word "whore" on this show for years.  It's not a Ron invention, the use of that word on this show.

It's not a Ron invention, but Ron is under no obligation to carry on that lovely tradition.  He could have stopped the use of whore, slut, and the like at any point.  

I bet Ned would help in a heartbeat.

Now I really, really need to see a story line where Michael, Ned, and Jax team up to bring down Sonny and Carly - shut down Sonny's illegal businesses, take over his legal ones, take over the Metro Court, and turn over all kinds of incriminating evidence to the PCPD to put Sonny away. During the course of that story, we finally find out that Julian has been working undercover, and he helps the three of them. 

• Love 8
Now I really, really need to see a story line where Michael, Ned, and Jax team up to bring down Sonny and Carly - shut down Sonny's illegal businesses, take over his legal ones, take over the Metro Court, and turn over all kinds of incriminating evidence to the PCPD to put Sonny away. During the course of that story, we finally find out that Julian has been working undercover, and he helps the three of them.

Actually I'd just like for them to go away. The less time spent on Carly and Sonny the better, imho, which is why I feel this storyline while it is changing Michael's dynamic with his parents, it's still keeping them front and center on this show. They're still main components driving almost every bit of action and that doesn't seem to be changing, if anything it's getting worse.

If they're going to be put away then put them away and be done with them. Since neither Laura or Maurice have implicated that they're leaving the show Sonny and Carly are going to remain leads so I'm just wondering how bad it's going to get down the road.

But if Carly and Sonny truly could be written off for whatever reason I want it to happen as quickly as possible, a clean cut, no take overs, no take downs, nada. Let them vanish from canvas and let whomever is left, who has survived all these terrible years with them choking the life out of this show, finally get the attention they've long deserved and have their turn in the spot light.

As for Julian it'd just be nice for them to give him a purpose beyond playing a love sick puppy to the ever waffling Alexis and notLuke's flunky.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3
After some more thought, I'm pretty surprised that they had Sonny holding a gun on Michael.  It goes completely against the "Sonny is a wonderful father who loves his kids more than anything (even the 1,736 'loves of his life') and will do anything to protect them" narrative they've been telling us,
Is that the narrative really? Sonny slept with his son's girlfriend, on the grave of his other son's father. Whom he murdered.

Where in that narrative is the Sonny you described?

The narrative I was referring to is the one the show has been shoving down our throats for years, despite all evidence to the contrary: that Sonny loves his kids and is a good father and is a good man.  The characters on this show are constantly telling us that.  It's not what we've been *shown* (and my original post continued with "not showing us" just to highlight that point), because we've all seen that Sonny is the absolute worst.  I thought it was an interesting turn in that narrative to have Sonny hold a gun on his favorite son, showing that the writers no longer are trying to convince us that Sonny is awesome.  And I liked it. I think you and I are on the same page here, and maybe my original comment just wasn't clear.  I certainly wasn't saying that I think Sonny is a good father!  Hell, I recently threatened to feed him his own intestines.​

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

The majority of the people Sonny has targeted are just like him basically, they're mobsters too and live, and often die by, the same codes. They have tried to blow up his limos and take out Max just as many times as he's attempted to return the favour.

I am not saying Sonny hasn't targeted innocent people outside of the business before, Dante and AJ for instance, but the majority of the lives he's taken out or targeted have been directly business related.

But isn't that exactly the kind of justification that most of us hate Ron for, and Guza before him, that Sonny "only" kills people who are like him? This isn't Dexter. It isn't even True Lies. Maybe the people Sonny goes up against are just as bad as he is, but despite that Sonny is not a hero, or even an antihero, despite what the narrative insists on trying to cram down my throat. He's an amoral, parasitic sociopath who destroys everything even remotely good just by getting within ten feet of it. So he's cute with a baby now and then. So what? I wouldn't let that piece of filth near a cactus, much less an infant. Do I lack objectivity? Sure. If bucking against the bizarre idea that Sonny Corinthos has any redeeming characteristics at all means I'm hopelessly biased, then so be it. I hope Michael shoots him in both knees, then drags him by the collar to the police station. It's the least - the very least - that he deserves. JMO.

• Love 13
But isn't that exactly the kind of justification that most of us hate Ron for, and Guza before him, that Sonny "only" kills people who are like him?

I was making a comparison between Sonny and Franco and why I feel Franco edges Sonny as being a colder, crueler murderer, that's all. There was no justification for Sonny as a person, a mobster, or a killer.

What I said had nothing to do with justifying why Sonny is still around or that what he does isn't so "bad" he can go unpunished for it, so it's perfectly fine that he never pays for his crimes.

Guza adored Sonny and hand waved away any idea that he deserved to be held accountable for his actions and Ron doesn't have the writing chops or guts to actually do away with him, but I was not making excuses for Sonny's worthless existence as they have, far from it.

My sole point was to say that I feel Franco as a serial killer puts him slightly ahead of Sonny on the list of murderers. That was it, that was not to give Sonny any sort of pass for his own behaviour, and I certainly do not view him as any sort of hero, anti or otherwise.

I loathe Sonny, I always have and I always will and I've said that plenty. I just happen to loathe Franco a little more. But I can't stand either of them, they're disgusting, deplorable, wretched creatures and death is too good for them both.

Frankly if I had my way they'd both vanish off screen never to be heard from or seen again and everyone's memory of them would be wiped as well.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

But isn't that exactly the kind of justification that most of us hate Ron for, and Guza before him, that Sonny "only" kills people who are like him? This isn't Dexter. It isn't even True Lies. Maybe the people Sonny goes up against are just as bad as he is, but despite that Sonny is not a hero, or even an antihero, despite what the narrative insists on trying to cram down my throat. He's an amoral, parasitic sociopath who destroys everything even remotely good just by getting within ten feet of it. So he's cute with a baby now and then. So what? I wouldn't let that piece of filth near a cactus, much less an infant. Do I lack objectivity? Sure. If bucking against the bizarre idea that Sonny Corinthos has any redeeming characteristics at all means I'm hopelessly biased, then so be it. I hope Michael shoots him in both knees, then drags him by the collar to the police station. It's the least - the very least - that he deserves. JMO.

That is Sonny. No one complained when he took out his competitors in the mobs. when he walked up to Dante and AJ , one he thought was a cop and just shot them in cold blood. boom no redeeming qualities. I have hated Sonny since Karen. He has NEVER done anything redeemable since. The one and only scene I have ever enjoyed of Sonny was when he was in the jail cell climbing on the bars going nuts. That I really enjoyed. Sonny caused his baby and Lili to get blown up with his cheating on his wife. he caused Michael to be shot, and to think he could shoot and put hits on. Sonny is scum. Mobsters live by eating off of others. they are parasites and the weeker lose to them. Karen, AJ , Jason. without his brain. Stone was also a runner for him. A kid from the streets used by sonny. Stick a fork in him and carley they are both done. there has to be more actors out there who can play doctors and have GH go back to Love in the afternoon. Michael needs to shw sonny its over he has no use for him.

• Love 8

I don't mean that the writing is never bias, it is sometimes. RC is stupid enough to openly admit it so he is not subtle when he is doing it. My post was about the past week. I don't feel like I am being manipulated to feel sorry for anyone other than Michael.

Franco is standing there grinning like a clown when crushing Michael's delusions about his parents. if RC wanted us to feel sorry for him, he wouldn't follow that classless reaction with what he did in the warehouse.

RC pretty much said (actually I believe he point blank said) that we should feel sorry for Franco. This is part of the problem. The writing has Franco going around calling women whores and threatening to kill people and saying it wasn't his tumor that made him evil and yet then RC goes on twitter and is like, "Awwww, poor Franco, don't you feel sorry for the poor guy!"

As for Sonny, it barely matters that right now maybe maybe we're not supposed to sympathize with him in some way (I still believe it's pretty clear we are) because we all know that he won't actually pay for anything. At least not in any big way and not for very long.

• Love 4

Thank you. Can I love that post?

I also think Sonny manipulated Robin as well. She was already a young girl, growing up without her parents (let's face it, Robert and Anna were off being bad ass spies. Mac was the mom and dad to Robin). She got infected with HIV at a young age and probably considered herself damaged goods. Sonny took advantage of that and made her believe her was a trustworthy guy. Then he shot her in her home, got her friends and family shot. Back when Patrick had the town brain, he hated Sonny for a reason. You don't make friends with mob guys. I don't care about Sonny's back story. So he got locked in a closet? Well, Johnny Zacahara had to have Anthony Zacahara as a father figure. That's being forced into the mob. So Sonny heard Adella, the alleged saint get beaten? Well, Johnny learned his sister/mom was forced into prostitution. Or what about Liz who was raped by a stranger when she was a teen? Or Lucky, who's dad murdered his son? Or Monica, who had two of her sons taken by Sonny? Better yet, please, let's speak of Connie, the "love" of Sonny's life (currently). She was raped because of Sonny's mob ties.

And Sonny is good......how? Sonny never cared about Stone, Robin, Jason, Carly, Michael, Morgan, Kristina, Alexis, Sam, Danny, Olivia, Dante, nor Brenda. Stone was just a kid to help him. Bonus that he could talk to "Cari" and piss off Jagger. Robin was a prop. Jason was a way to get at the Quartermaines, who were leading the Anti Sonny brigade after Karen got away from Sonny. Carly was to piss off AJ and get the ultimate trophy- a Quartermaine grandchild. Micheal is that trophy, that pawn. Morgan is a bio son, till Dante came along. Kristina was a pawn in a war with Alexis. Alexis is a lawyer. Sam is a way to Jason, who's a good f u to the Q's, Karen's one time boyfriend, and AJ's brother. Danny is just a pawn. Olivia is a bedwarmer. Dante is his cop connect. Brenda was his ultimate trophy girl, the f u to Port Charles that kinda blew up in his face.

Why does Sonny hate AJ? Because Sonny wants to be AJ. A legit businessman, from a decent (from the outside family), educated, good looking, tall, and a decent yet flawed man.

• Love 9

I don't think Michael went in hard enough. 

I think it was fine, but it's also tricky to write back to back confrontation scenes that people have been waiting years to see.  You want to make them different enough to make them interesting but to land all the points that you want to see.  I actually liked how Michael confronted Sonny because it was more like two mobsters in a way, and that's basically the only world Sonny understands, but even at the end, they were both losing it, and I loved that.  

I am so tired of Ron and his team forcing these scenes where people who have no reason to hang around and talk to each other do.

Or when Franco sits down at the bar after outing bride Carly as an accomplice to murder, and has a conversation with Bobbie? Why would any of these people give these freaks the time of day? Bobbie should be physically attacking him or calling the police. Instead they sit there and throw barbs back and forth and have two or three segments of scenes! Bullshit! That would never happen! Stop! Stop!

IKR???  I couldn't believe that RC wasted scenes with Franco on Friday.  WTF?  What was the purpose of Franco being in any scene on Friday?  He served his purpose with the reveal, but God forbid RC doesn't allow Francon to have screen time every freakin second.  Also, why didn't Bobbie tell off that bastard or at least throw a drink in his face?  What mother would actually allow that man to speak to her let lone actually talk to him?  I agree - it would NEVER HAPPEN.

My only disappointment this week was that the Michael/Carly and Michael/Sonny smack downs should have been two separate stand alone episodes.  The fallout from this reveal is 17 years in the making.  There is so much to be mined from Michael's history with Sonny and Carly, I wanted to see Michael lay out item by item how everything bad that has happened to him because of Sonny and Carly.

Well you know that RC can't NOT have Nina and Franco in every freakin episode, every day.  I agree that this week should have been devoted to the Michael/Sonny/Carly confrontations and the fallout that would hit Morgan and Dante as well.  Why we had to watch NIna and her baby obsession is beyond me.  Franco should never have been on on Friday, but RC loves his favorites.

I don't care if it sounded like Michael's speech was ripped from the boards- I have been waiting for him to say all these things to Sonny for years. His gross parents brainwashed Michael against his own father and did take away a lifetime of them bonding. I can't believe Sonny was talking his way out of it but at least he told the truth. MB wasn't stuttering as much and I think this is the best acting he's done in some time.

I don't think it was ripped from the boards.  The history of the characters and their storylines are what they are, and I would have been pissed at RC if he had not covered much of what Michael brought up in his confrontations.  I wrote on another site that RC would be an idiot if he didn't know what the fans wanted to see because we were telling him in all our posts.  So I can't fault him for giving us what we asked for.  I was happy.  I was also very pleased with Sonny for telling his son the whole truth when he could have lied.  Ava certainly did.

So far, I do believe Michael's 11/7 confrontation w/Sonny should be his Emmy reel choice.  I wish he could use both this and his 11/4 confrontation w/Carly, but you're only allowed to choose one episode, right?  I found CD brilliant with Sonny, in that, he almost seemed like a different person, he stood up straighter, his voice was manlier?, colder.  Also, I don't know how CD managed that range of facial expressions on getting confirmation that AJ didn't kill Connie. 

I agree.  CD did a fantastic job, and he won't be hurting for Emmy reel material, that's for sure.  I did love CD's performance when he realized that AJ was innocent, and yes, the range of emotions that played out over his face was great.  I can rewatch his scenes with Carly and Sonny - and Dante over and over.  

After some more thought, I'm pretty surprised that they had Sonny holding a gun on Michael.  It goes completely against the "Sonny is a wonderful father who loves his kids more than anything (even the 1,736 'loves of his life') and will do anything to protect them" narrative they've been telling us, but not showing us, for years.  

Sonny wasn't holding his gun on Michael.  He was holding his gun on Ava, and once Ava left, Sonny lowers his gun.  It's not pointed at Michael.

I don't think there's any doubt CD will get an Emmy nom for this. He was nommed last year and he was no where near this good. I bet he'll even win now that Chandler Massey isn't around.

I've never thought Chandler Massey was a great actor, and I think he robbed CD of his Emmy during that rape reveal scene.  Anyone can watch it on YT, and if I recall CM's Emmy reel was Will simply trying to tell Marlena that he was gay.  I've seen both, and there's no comparison.  The Emmy should have been CD's.  I have no idea what CM did last year that earned him that Emmy for a second time.  Jmho.

• Love 2

Sonny wasn't holding his gun on Michael.  He was holding his gun on Ava, and once Ava left, Sonny lowers his gun.  It's not pointed at Michael.

I'm pretty sure it was, which prompted Michael to ask him if he was going to shoot him just like he did Dante.

But...but...Sonny is claustrophobic so he just CAN'T go to jail. I am too, so therefore I should be able to use that an excuse to avoid doing time after I go on a vigilante spree at a mall parking lot, using a hammer to smash out the extra pair of lights that seem to be standard on SUVS/trucks/minivans now, and which are dangerously blinding to me (seriously, how can it legal for there to basically be two sets of headlights?).

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 3

I think actors submit two scenes (or days) for Emmy nominations, so CD can use his work with LW & MB.

Sonny will never pay enough for me; but if he can do at least six months in prison, it will be a good start. TPTB won't allow him to spend any longer than that in jail because he's a lead. And they can have Diane do some lawyerly magic to get Sonny out. But even more than jail time, I want Sonny to lose everything (as I've stated before). And Carly too, but people on-screen are already riding the "Poor Carly" train (Bobbie is the conductor).

• Love 6

I also think Sonny manipulated Robin as well. She was already a young girl, growing up without her parents (let's face it, Robert and Anna were off being bad ass spies. Mac was the mom and dad to Robin). She got infected with HIV at a young age and probably considered herself damaged goods. Sonny took advantage of that and made her believe her was a trustworthy guy...

I agree that Sonny manipulated Robin in a way, and I love almost this entire post -- but I gotta make one correction. 

R & A weren't missing from Robin's life because they were off being spies.  In the early 90s, when Robin was 13 or 14, Faison abducted Anna and made it look like she was working with him, the WSB turned on her and then turned on Robert when he tried to go save Anna.  The WSB told their family R & A died in an explosion - in reality, the WSB allowed Anna to languish somewhere for years with amnesia and no idea she had a kid to get back to - until Anna resurfaced on All My Children (for some reason) and finally got her memories back and adult Robin found her there, in like 2001.  Meanwhile, the WSB forced Robert to play dead and work undercover for the WSB for years, telling him they could kill Anna and get to Robin if he didn't cooperate.  That was Robert's explanation when he came back in '06 or '07, anyway.  His family was pissed at him and didn't believe him at first ... but they eventually accepted it as the truth. 

I'm sure the show glosses over this now, since it's a convoluted mess.  But that's the Cliff's Notes version.  You are right, though, that Robin was already traumatized by her parents' apparent deaths and Stone's illness by the time Sonny presented himself as a friend.

I wholeheartedly agree that Sonny used Jagger, used Karen, used Stone (he was Sonny's errand boy, not someone Sonny initially took in just to be nice), got a lot of mileage out of sweet little Robin Scorpio defending him to everyone, and then completely took advantage of messed-up Jason.  He used Michael for his pissing match with AJ.  He used up the best years of Brenda's young adulthood and screwed her up.  He is a user of young people. 

• Love 5

I forgot to add Emily to that list as well. I'm sure there's more I can add, but it's sick and disgusting that he's spent so much time on one family. Sonny is at his core, a predator. He is literally the man your parents said don't take candy from, don't get in his van, and don't look for his puppy. That's why the scenes of Sonny and kids always make me uneasy.

• Love 2

Duke and Lucy are on my shit list too. First, Duke, who chose revenge over redemption. It was AJ and Anna, not Sonny, who gave Duke a second chance in Port Charles, but instead of being grateful to them, he betrayed them, because of Sonny. And all because of some fucked-up vendetta against Julian, who not only killed the real guilty party behind Anna's miscarriage, it was his own sister, so any debt that Julian owes Duke, he repaid a long time ago. These days, if anyone has any business going after Julian, it's Anna, not Duke, so if Duke had done the right thing when it would have mattered, Anna wouldn't have had to arrest him in the first place. Since Duke sided with Sonny, he should suffer with him. As for Lucy, as usual she doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about, but she hasn't let that stop her. Anna didn't bust Duke for laughs; she did it because he broke the law by helping to cover up AJ's murder. Arresting Duke was one of the hardest things that Anna had to do but she did it anyway because it was also the right thing to do. Lucy's new found feelings for Duke is just another example of RC's so-called "writing," which, as always, stinks like a shithouse in August.

Regarding Nina and Magda, I have no sympathy for them. I never liked, trusted nor CARED about Nina and the needles she used to incapacitate Ava and steal her baby were the final nails in her coffin for me. Nina's deluding herself into thinking that Ava's second daughter is her and Silas' first is proof of her crazy, which is way beyond batshit level and has been from the start. Kiki is Silas' daughter. Kiki sucks (to say the least), but she's real, unlike Nina's sham of a marriage to Silas thanks to Magda.  About Magda, that greed is the only reason for her being Nina's accomplice says it all. Magda's not helping Nina; she's enabling her for money. When Nina smacked Magda, she not only should have hit her back, she should have gone straight to Nathan and told him the truth for Nina's sake. If Magda really wants to save Nina, then she would give her what she needs, not what she thinks she wants. If Magda truly loved Nina, then she never would have done at least half the things she's done to Nina nor would she have let Nina's latest scheme go this far. The only ones whom I feel sorry for in this whole mess are Nathan and the baby. Like Duke has done with Anna and Sonny has done to Dante, Morgan and especially Michael, Nina and Magda's crimes have put Nathan in a terrible position, through no fault of his own. Instead of doing right by Nathan, Nina and Magda have not only made things worse for him, they dragged an innocent baby into it, not to mention Nina's assaulting Silas and Magda's tampering with Danny's medical records. If Silas wanted to press charges against Nina and Magda, I wouldn't blame him one bit. As for who's better, Silas, Sonny or Franco, I would pick Silas in a heartbeat because for all his faults, at least Silas admitted his mistakes to the people he's hurt (Nina and Sam), takes responsibility for them and even apologizes for them for the right reasons, unlike Nina, Magda, Sonny and/or Franco, who either do the same after they get caught or they don't do it at all.

I was also very pleased with Sonny for telling his son the truth when he could have lied. Ava certainly did.

I respectfully disagree. Sonny only came clean to Michael because he had no choice, thanks to Franco. If Franco hadn't taped Sonny and Carly together, which included Sonny's confession about killing AJ and Carly's covering it up, Michael probably never would have known. What's more, as Michael so brilliantly and accurately put it, he's not Sonny's son and Sonny's not his father; never has been and never will be. As for lies, Sonny has certainly told his share where AJ was concerned, especially to Michael, before and after killing him, so Sonny doesn't deserves any prizes for honesty after the fact anymore than Carly or Franco do, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 9

Well, there had to be a reason they went through that whole explanation about whether Franco's video was admissible in court. I think that will be the true test of whether or not Michael is rejecting Sonny & Carly.

If he signs off on the video, since it was made in his home, then the prosecutors can use it.(that was my understanding of that bit of exposition. I doubt its actually law, but maybe its what passes on GH)

I hope the scene where Michael gives permission gives us EPIC 'duh' faces from Sonny and Carly.

• Love 3

I've never thought Chandler Massey was a great actor, and I think he robbed CD of his Emmy during that rape reveal scene.  Anyone can watch it on YT, and if I recall CM's Emmy reel was Will simply trying to tell Marlena that he was gay.  I've seen both, and there's no comparison.  The Emmy should have been CD's.  I have no idea what CM did last year that earned him that Emmy for a second time.  Jmho.

I didn't see the rape reveal scenes, but I saw what he submitted last year (although I don't remember now what it was lol) and it wasn't great. All the other actors were better IMO, particularly BC, who I believe should've beat CM last year. But I think CD definitely deserves a nom this year and the win, but I don't watch any soap but this one so I have no idea what other actors are doing.

Of course nowadays even the Primetime Emmys are completely useless, so the Daytime Emmys are just embarrassing really.

• Love 4

RP is pretty, but he just doesn't do it for me.  He's like a pretty block of wood, but there's nothing behind the pretty surface for me.  Eh.  Could be the awful, awful acting.  He's just so bad.

This touches on a very sore point for me.  The soap industry has downsized tremendously the last five to ten years.  There are scores of soap actors, writers, etc. for every one job available.  In any other industry, that would mean those jobs were filled with the cream of the crop, the best of the best.  Yet on GH, they're still recruiting someone of the streets with no acting experience.  And recycling the same show runners and writers who've run other soaps into the ground.  I don't get it.

• Love 2

Well, there had to be a reason they went through that whole explanation about whether Franco's video was admissible in court. I think that will be the true test of whether or not Michael is rejecting Sonny & Carly.

If he signs off on the video, since it was made in his home, then the prosecutors can use it.(that was my understanding of that bit of exposition. I doubt its actually law, but maybe its what passes on GH)

I hope the scene where Michael gives permission gives us EPIC 'duh' faces from Sonny and Carly.

Sonny also mentioned to Michael that AJ recorded his conversation.  I hope Michael doesn't let that slide.  

That's another thing that should make Michael reject Carly - she found AJ's phone and then tampered with it - something that could have completely cleared AJ.  Another level of shittiness from his loving parents.

• Love 8