Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think that we only have Heather's word on it that she and Scotty are Franco's parents and we all know that Heather is not above lying. Why didn't Scotty ask for a paternity test?

Not sure although not sure why she would lie about it though.Back in the day Heather was all about money.Granted scott should demand a paternity test heck he demanded one from logan and they looked alike lol.

• Love 1

I loved Ava's throwing shade about Shawn. He couldn't even grab a pregnant woman, you need to hire better people.

That was funny.  Then I remembered how lame the Jerome henchmen are.  Constantly letting people into the Penthouse without clearing it first.  Taking a bribe to let Sonny's men try to abduct Ava.  Losing how many gun battles.  Of course Fluke's PC guys were no better.  Hard to get good help these days.

As for the campaign signs, Ron's monthday claims continuity as a victim. The wedding was supposed to be on Halloween, but even though its the very same day, everybody is talking about the election results. Lucy went from the Haunted Star to Felicia's campaign headquarters at the Floating Rib, with Flea's talk of election recounts.

That means Spencer and Joss have been begging for candy for 4 days.

Yea, I'm gonna need a new calendar.  Instead of Felicia waiting for results, why couldn't she have been campaigning?  That might have made a little sense.  If we are to believe it's all one day, there's no way for it to be an election as the incumbent is still in office. 

So... what's with people in Port Charles waiting to be killed. 

1. When Franco & Heather were chatting on the dock, Carly patiently waited instead of lunging for the gun.
  2. Same thing for when she was climbing the stairs.  She didn't fall backwards on purpose, taking them out like a wedding slinky, she just kept climbing up.
  3. Then in the warehouse when Franco turned on Heather, Shawn, Jordan and Carly could have rushed him.  Only so many bullets.  Shawn's year long glances at Jordan and a half step was lame.  Just as lame as his aim.
  4. Then Ava.  Come on Ava.  You took on Max.  Sonny is pointing a gun at you less than a foot away and his hand is shaking like an earthquake and you close your eyes?

And Ava.  Nina steals your baby and you crawl to the door?  What about to your phone to text Silas?  Or Kiki?  Or Morgan?  Or 911 to report the kidnapping?  OK so, weak from being drugged and giving birth, you crawl to the door to find Sonny.  How isn't the first thing you scream at him, Did you see Nina?   Come'on.

While I'm bitching:

Lucy - is the most annoying person on the show since I started rewatching in March.  Worse than Kiki in my opinion.  Worse than The Nina.   Her expressions, the arm waving, the completely self centeredness.  Worse than Maxie.  I think the only one I disliked more was Levi.

• Love 1

Anybody else disgusted by LUcy and felicia drooling over sonny and his dimples today.

Trust Lucy to get it wrong.  Those aren't dimples, those are signs of the collapse of Sonny's exoskeleton as it rots from the inside out.  Listen closely and you can hear the hiss of gas as it escapes from every orifice in that bloated mass he calls a body.  What I'd love to see is Sonny decide that the next woman in his life is going to be Lucy.  They'd be perfect together.

Felicia should be ashamed of herself.  She's got the best looking guy in Port Charles and for her to pine after Mumbles the Moobster even momentarily is just wrong.

• Love 5

I wanted to barf when Lucy and Flea told Mac, very attractive Mac, good father, great husband, sexy Mac- that he should box to gag get a body like Sonny's. No. To get a Sonny body, you hit the spray tan, hard. You hit the booze, hard. Then you hit the hair gel, hard. The rest is just the slime of not having any human decency.

Yeah, Lucy talking about boxing to get a good bod made me want to smack her (again). She and Felicia agreed about the dimples - blech.

To those of you who watched closely today: Did Michael fire a warning shot in Sonny's direction, or did he actually wound Sonny in the back? Sonny's lame/confused facial expressions today, and the slow turn of surprise to see Michael standing right there behind him with the gun, made me wonder. 

• Love 4

I actually liked Kiki today. She's not half bad when she's not making stupid faces. She's worried about Michael and her mom, while Morgan is still clueless.

I can't and won't cut her any slack.  One episode of clarity after one full year of stupidity is just not going to cut it.  Also, it's amazing how when Morgan tells her how utterly sick and twisted Franco is for doing what he did at the wedding, Kiki decides to change the subject "Think about your brother!"  Since when has she EVER thought of Michael?  NOW she's worried about him.  It's kind of sad that she gets points for actually being loyal to her mother.  I guess that is progress since she's been disloyal to everyone else.

Did they show Michael walking in on Sonny or was that in the previews?  I thought the scene ended in a gunshot. My channel doesn't show the previews.

Yes, the scene ended in a gunshot.

My dream ending to the scene would be if Sony and Michael get in a fight over the gun or whatever, and Michael ends up knocking Sonny into a closet, locking the door, and leaving him there so he could help with Ava's escape.

I don't want Ava to escape at all.  I want Ava to pay for everything she's done.  Why should she get away?  Heck, she's shot and/or killed more people than Sonny in the last year or two.  She will hurt, kill, manipulate and use anyone she needs to, including her daughter and brother, to affect an outcome that benefits her.

• Love 3

Yeah, Lucy talking about boxing to get a good bod made me want to smack her (again). She and Felicia agreed about the dimples - blech.

To those of you who watched closely today: Did Michael fire a warning shot in Sonny's direction, or did he actually wound Sonny in the back? Sonny's lame/confused facial expressions today, and the slow turn of surprise to see Michael standing right there behind him with the gun, made me wonder.

Michael shot into the air (I assume from the way he was holding the gun when Sonny turned around).
  • Love 2

Wow, today was fucking stupid.  All around.

The first thing out of Ava's mouth should have been that Nina kidnapped the baby.  And really Sonny?  You not only called the most inept person on the planet, but YOU LEFT HIM A VOICEMAIL!!!!!????  A newborn baby was just fucking kidnapped.  It's a TAD urgent.  I can overlook a lot on a soap, but that is just the stupidest shit I have ever seen.

And shut up Kiki.  You are a moron. 

The only saving grace was Mikey at the end.

• Love 8

Wow, today was fucking stupid.  All around.

The first thing out of Ava's mouth should have been that Nina kidnapped the baby.  And really Sonny?  You not only called the most inept person on the planet, but YOU LEFT HIM A VOICEMAIL!!!!!????  A newborn baby was just fucking kidnapped.  It's a TAD urgent. 

Not urgent in his mind when it's a girl baby, and Ava's the mother. I half expected him to add in the voicemail, "If you can't find 'em, don't worry 'bout it.We have a lot goin' on right now." Remember, he barely cared when 'granddaughter Connie' was born and christened - and in theory he actually likes his son (when he's not being a cop) and daughter-in-law. Also, we all know his terrible history with girl child Kristina - does he even remember she exists?

• Love 1

Talk about Bizarro GH world, where I'm actually agreeing with KIKI over Morgan. But yeah, I can admit it. I was glad that she gave her mother some respect and stood by her. A) It's about fucking time, and B) she isn't condoning Ava's crimes, she just doesn't want her mom to be shot down like a dog by Sonny of all people. My Kiki hate on a regular day is strong, so it takes a lot for me to say this. And I've espoused how much KA can't act, but she definitely wasn't horrible today.

Can I say how much I adore Maura West? No, I really can't. Again, she slayed the hell out of those scenes today. Heartbreaking delivery of "I never even got to hold her" expertly mixed with the hilarious and awesome shading of Shawn. If she wasn't so fantastic at what she does, I think Ava would have been out of here a long time ago.

Sonny, on the other hand, continues to defy the universe as to how disgusting and vile he is, combined with epic stupidity. Shoot him 100 times, Michael. Great ending, and I can't wait for tomorrow.

Morgan, I don't know whether to slap him or feel sorry for him at being that dumb. Yeah, Sonny's just going to keep her around and you can get him to change his mind. I still think he's hot, but he really needs to stop kissing Sonny's ass so I can like him again. Otherwise, just shut up and look pretty.

I really enjoyed all of the election stuff with the vets, and they usually bore me to tears. Duke is another idiot, trying to warn Sonny really? You screwed up, big time. I'm just glad that Anna will finally be free of him. She's way too cool a character to be saddled with him.

I actually liked Scotty being excited about Sonny going down. I thought the scenes were well done, it's been a long time coming and of course Anna should ask him to be a little less gloating since it's personally affecting her. Why can't Dante arrest Duke though, and Anna arrest Sonny? At least that way they avoid conflict of interest.

Poor Jordan, she was such an afterthought in those warehouse scenes? At least incompetent Shawn tried to grab the gun, did she have one line or action?

Anyway, fantastic show today (who am I?) and very much looking forward to tomorrow and next week.

• Love 10

I just don't understand Sonny's thinking process. If he killed Ava and had some of his better goons clean up the blood and take her to an undisclosed location wouldn't Kiki and/or Silas report her missing to the PCPD? How would Sonny have handled that? Would he plan on having them taken out, too. Sonny can not follow through anything. Sonny ruins everything.

He's so dumb. Truly. Then again, he's gotten away with everything he's ever done, so...

I only wish he tried to shoot Ava, with the bullet accidentally striking Patrick, who just happened to be standing outside the window.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Seriously, Jordan had an easy day today. I mean everyone had a line except her. Hopefully, they didn't actually make her rehearse with everyone else. Granted, they supposedly don't even have rehearsals but I hope she didn't have to show up till taping started.

Can I say how much I adore Maura West? No, I really can't. Again, she slayed the hell out of those scenes today. Heartbreaking delivery of "I never even got to hold her" expertly mixed with the hilarious and awesome shading of Shawn. If she wasn't so fantastic at what she does, I think Ava would have been out of here a long time ago.

Sonny, on the other hand, continues to defy the universe as to how disgusting and vile he is, combined with epic stupidity. Shoot him 100 times, Michael. Great ending, and I can't wait for tomorrow.

I really enjoyed all of the election stuff with the vets, and they usually bore me to tears. Duke is another idiot, trying to warn Sonny really? You screwed up, big time. I'm just glad that Anna will finally be free of him. She's way too cool a character to be saddled with him.

Anyway, fantastic show today (who am I?) and very much looking forward to tomorrow and next week.

Snipped a few things, but I will shoot this post in the head while it's giving birth and then put it in a tree. I was shocked. SHOCKED. when I came here and found out how most everyone didn't like this episode. For me, this has all been mostly right up there with the OLTL Day of the Hat week, which was some of the best television I'd seen in years. The way it is all falling like dominoes is pretty impressive if this is what Ron planned all along. Who is NOT involved in some part of this huge umbrella story going on right now? I have no faith that this will be any good in a couple of weeks, but right now it is very fun to really look forward to tomorrow's show!!

Edited by annabel
  • Love 16
Lucy - is the most annoying person on the show since I started rewatching in March.  Worse than Kiki in my opinion.  Worse than The Nina.   Her expressions, the arm waving, the completely self centeredness.  Worse than Maxie.  I think the only one I disliked more was Levi.

I can really do without her and Bobbi.  Lucy is just annoying and I'm really not a fan of Jackie Zeman's acting.  It seems especially bad now.

• Love 3

I thought that my Sonny hatred had reached its penultimate end but his behavior today has taken it to new heights. The fact that Sonny really doesn't give a fuck about baby girl Corinthos, who has just been kidnapped by a crazy lady and her mother is making me see red.

Throw in the fact that stupid Sonny unleashed the crazy Heather on PC and doesn't have a clue about what is going on.

• Love 9

You know, I've been entertained by Sonny the past couple of months, but days like today really ignited the old visceral hate. "Your daughter will want for nothing." uh, yeah, except for a mother and a family that doesn't have a vile misogynistic pig like him occupying it.

I actually really liked the ending between Sonny and Ava - yeah, everything he said about leaving Shawn a voicemail, the baby, etc. was so fucking stupid. But in the ending, where they just face each other down and she realizes there is nothing she can say to stop him, they had a moment where MW let Ava drop her usual hauteur and pride and just stared at Sonny, resigned. I thought that was a moment of quasi-respect between them, acknowledging who they are and what they do. They're the same people in the same business, and he got the drop on her and that was that, and I thought MB actually delivered the last line well and with effective emotion. Along with the shaking Sonny-palsy gun hand, even.

That said, am I the only person who thinks Sonny's gun is, like, cartoonishly large? Every time he pulls it out I think it is obviously a toy. It's just too big. I can't take it seriously.

I do like that they use these vets, really, I do, but these big scenes FV and Ron like to do where people just crowd around a single location to be the Veterans' Holding Pen for the day came off a lot less artificial on OLTL, which was a less action/adventure-centered soap (and which blended its smaller canvas better). I mean, yes, Mac, Felicia, Bobbie, Duke, etc. are all friends, it's natural for them to be together, I like that. But when you have all the old vets clustered around the bar, recapping plot and hamming it up with each other (and why did Bobbie not go after Carly?!) as Lynn Herring struggles to act opposite Jackie Zeman's frozen face with cartoonish dialogue, it just feels kind of crass and humiliating. Watch the old folks clown around at the one standing set as we fill time on a Thursday! Look, I can accept a lot of expected filler and traditional soap plot recapping, but at least don't make them all clown it up so much. And too much is going on for Bobbie to be chilling at the bar.

I did laugh at cat-ass Duke's facial expressions at the end when he found out about Sonny. Dewq's rictus-face started popping and twitching, I thought sparks were going to fly from his ears. Run, Dook, the law's coming for you!

I was also glad that Dante referenced Michael's dark side, though I didn't mind RC burying all the Guza dark emo mobchild shit two years ago. I was glad they let him embrace being this good-hearted, semi-sheltered/traumatized kid who had risen out of a dark world and was reclaiming his birth family. Since then, though, he's become such a milquetoast for the purposes of typical FV/RC plotting; they took him too far and made him such a weak little flower. There's something to be said for being earnest and good without being a typical Carlivati male chump. They can balance that in Michael, if they want. He's seen some shit.

Hey, that ending tableau is the mirror of what happened the night AJ died!

girl when u rite u rite. I didn't even notice. I think it's 50/50 that Ron planned it, though. Sometimes he does, sometimes he lucks into it.

1. When Franco & Heather were chatting on the dock, Carly patiently waited instead of lunging for the gun.
  2. Same thing for when she was climbing the stairs.  She didn't fall backwards on purpose, taking them out like a wedding slinky, she just kept climbing up.
  3. Then in the warehouse when Franco turned on Heather, Shawn, Jordan and Carly could have rushed him.  Only so many bullets.  Shawn's year long glances at Jordan and a half step was lame.  Just as lame as his aim.

Seriously! Franco turned his back on them so many times I couldn't believe it. No one did shit! He's one man!

I would love to believe they're writing Franco out based on his dark, misogynistic rant yesterday, but it came off confused and neutered to me even then. And judging by him apparently

running off to care for poor unwell Nina who we just don't understand

I am sure we are meant to key into RH's woobie performance and "Franco's POV" from the last few days - he wanted to be a better man, he believed in himself because of Carly! She betrayed his trust, you guys! The mob! Bad! Franco vs. the mob! Fuck off.

What is Franco's plan, honestly? He just left them in that cargo container or whatever the fuck that was, didn't kill anyone. I'm sure that's supposed to be his out in Ron's eyes - he didn't actively try to kill anybody, yet? Fuck this dude, seriously.

Oh, and one more thing: I like Scott, I do. I have for many years. But I also am tired of him, so I have zero patience for Love Boat Cruise Director Scott and his Beaker from The Muppet Show hair trying to throw shade on Anna and Dante. Are you serious, Scott? How many times have you fled town after breaking a dozen laws, or publicly fleecing Port Charles and then leaving a videotape trolling them about it? Your mere free and clear presence here in the city is a blessing from a lesser god. You were off in fuck knows where running from the law while Anna was spending the Reagan years cleaning up the streets of Port Charles hand over fist! Dante took a bullet from his dad! I don't want to hear his bullshit. I'm tired of Sailor Man Scott, dressed up like the mayor of Amity Island from Jaws. Tired!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

Penultimate means next to last, not superfinalcosmicultimate as Guza used it. Also, in another bit of word meaning that I've seen used incorrectly lately (maybe not here, but consider yourselves schooled), nonplussed means bewildered and confused, not completely blase.

• Love 2

What is Franco's plan, honestly? He just left them in that cargo container or whatever the fuck that was, didn't kill anyone. I'm sure that's supposed to be his out in Ron's eyes - he didn't actively try to kill anybody, yet? Fuck this dude, seriously.

Oh, and one more thing: I like Scott, I do. I have for many years. But I also am tired of him, so I have zero patience for Love Boat Cruise Director Scott and his Beaker from The Muppet Show hair trying to throw shade on Anna and Dante. Are you serious, Scott? How many times have you fled town after breaking a dozen laws, or publicly fleecing Port Charles and then leaving a videotape trolling them about it? Your mere free and clear presence here in the city is a blessing from a lesser god. You were off in fuck knows where running from the law while Anna was spending the Reagan years cleaning up the streets of Port Charles hand over fist! Dante took a bullet from his dad! I don't want to hear his bullshit. I'm tired of Sailor Man Scott, dressed up like the mayor of Amity Island from Jaws. Tired!

Thank you.  This is as perfect a description of Scott as I've seen anywhere.  Full confession - I can't stand Scott, anytime, anywhere, anyhow.  Yesterday he just confirmed everything about him I despise, starting with that Muppet Show imitation, from head to toe to voice to intonation.  And then his nastiness with Anna and Dante ( and I don't even LIKE Dante), considering the fact that Scott in a law enforcement role is about as ludicrous as Sonny working as an aide at a day care center.  

Scott can suffocate face down in the sheets, done to death with Lucy and Bobbie sitting astride him discussing psychiatric meds and backroom botox.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

Seeing Michael and his "Mykill" dead eyed stare at the end of the show, and then in the previews screaming with gun in hand, imho it's just a waste. It's still, as usual, making everything revolve around Sonny and the mob lifestyle.

Why couldn't Michael have left the Haunted Star and gone to see Monica? He could go and see his grandmother and be the first to tell her the truth about AJ's death, letting himself grieve his father all over again with the one person who loved AJ as deeply and completely as anyone ever had, and maybe he could have apologized for bringing his trashy parents to AJ's mini funeral, especially Sonny, despite knowing how Monica felt about them and why.

Michael could have told Monica that he finally got it, that he understood the true selfish lengths his parents could and have gone to for their own narcissistic wants and desires and that he isn't going to allow himself to be manipulated and used any longer.

To me that could have been so compelling and moving, and involve someone who should be front and center right now, Monica, instead of that bastard Sonny.

Personally I think it would have been a welcome change, a far better change, to see Michael prove he is turning away from the life he was brought up to live by turning away from guns and revenge killings and cover ups and more lying and duping the police.

And this is from someone who doesn't even like Michael, heh, but really Ron could have come up with a really touching human interest story for once, using the vets, using history in a way that makes actual, logical sense, and making something that extends past what this show has sadly become.

• Love 5

That was funny.  Then I remembered how lame the Jerome henchmen are.  Constantly letting people into the Penthouse without clearing it first.  Taking a bribe to let Sonny's men try to abduct Ava.  Losing how many gun battles.  Of course Fluke's PC guys were no better.  Hard to get good help these days.

Yea, I'm gonna need a new calendar.  Instead of Felicia waiting for results, why couldn't she have been campaigning?  That might have made a little sense.  If we are to believe it's all one day, there's no way for it to be an election as the incumbent is still in office. 

4. Then Ava.  Come on Ava.  You took on Max.  Sonny is pointing a gun at you less than a foot away and his hand is shaking like an earthquake and you close your eyes?

And Ava.  Nina steals your baby and you crawl to the door?  What about to your phone to text Silas?  Or Kiki?  Or Morgan?  Or 911 to report the kidnapping?  OK so, weak from being drugged and giving birth, you crawl to the door to find Sonny.  How isn't the first thing you scream at him, Did you see Nina?   Come'on.

Nina had broken the phone when Silas tried to call Ava earlier.

Hard to get good help these days.

Hire Heather. She seem capable of getting shit done. (Jordan and Ava would be okay too)

Felicia should be ashamed of herself.  She's got the best looking guy in Port Charles and for her to pine after Mumbles the Moobster even momentarily is just wrong.

Sing it loud. Mac is a fucking majestic unicorn! You've already got the greatest guy there is Flea, forget the dimples. 

• Love 4

Seeing Michael and his "Mykill" dead eyed stare at the end of the show, and then in the previews screaming with gun in hand, imho it's just a waste. It's still, as usual, making everything revolve around Sonny and the mob lifestyle.

Why couldn't Michael have left the Haunted Star and gone to see Monica? He could go and see his grandmother and be the first to tell her the truth about AJ's death, letting himself grieve his father all over again with the one person who loved AJ as deeply and completely as anyone ever had, and maybe he could have apologized for bringing his trashy parents to AJ's mini funeral, especially Sonny, despite knowing how Monica felt about them and why.

Michael could have told Monica that he finally got it, that he understood the true selfish lengths his parents could and have gone to for their own narcissistic wants and desires and that he isn't going to allow himself to be manipulated and used any longer.

To me that could have been so compelling and moving, and involve someone who should be front and center right now, Monica, instead of that bastard Sonny.

Personally I think it would have been a welcome change, a far better change, to see Michael prove he is turning away from the life he was brought up to live by turning away from guns and revenge killings and cover ups and more lying and duping the police.

And this is from someone who doesn't even like Michael, heh, but really Ron could have come up with a really touching human interest story for once, using the vets, using history in a way that makes actual, logical sense, and making something that extends past what this show has sadly become.

I don't agree.  This storyline has to move in stages, imo.  Michael was raised in the mob, and the mob screwed up his life so completely that it HAS to be addressed.  Michael has to kill that side of his life before he can move on to the Quartermaine side.  This final showdown with Sonny has to happen.  It would be like leaving a major part of Michael's story dangling.  I think the reveal so far has been fantastic - all of it.  I think CD is killing it, and so has LW.  I'm not the MB hater that so many seem to be on this site.  I am looking forward to today's episode.  I like Sonny because he's such an amoral character, but so is Ava.  I'm laughing on other sites where they are bashing Sonny but claiming Ava is some poor defenseless woman.  She's a murderer!!  She's NO better than Sonny.  They both deserve to die, and I agree with the poster above who said the MW and MB scene yesterday was good.  They are equals.  They both refused to see how despicable they each are in their own right.  They only see how OTHERS are and their bad and violent behavior.

I, too, want Michael to have major scenes with Monica, but that can't happen until Michael ends his relationship with everything Corinthos.  Michael Corinthos is going to die today, and Michael Quartermaine will be reborn.  That's what I see happening.  I hope.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 9

I don't agree.  This storyline has to move in stages, imo.  Michael was raised in the mob, and the mob screwed up his life so completely that it HAS to be addressed.  Michael has to kill that side of his life before he can move on to the Quartermaine side.  This final showdown with Sonny has to happen.  It would be like leaving a major part of Michael's story dangling.  I think the reveal so far has been fantastic - all of it.

If I could like your post more, I would. I love the fact that Sonny is totally unaware that anything is wrong in any area -- Franco's not dead, Heather is on the loose, Franco is planning to kill a group of people, Micheal knows almost everything (he doesn't know that Ava killed Connie yet), and that the police have the confession (that Sonny does not know exists) and are coming to arrest him. It would be better if young MB was doing this reveal, but for some reason I actually expect MB to raise his game for this. While the final scene is perfect symmetry to the night AJ was shot, I think with MW in the room, we have a shot at some good stuff today. Call me optimistic!

I have always said that there was wonderful story here (horribly plotted and ridiculously written in places) and I was concerned about how it was going to play out. I have been pleasantly surprised so far. 

Edited by SoapDoc
  • Love 5

Anna did tell Dante that the tape wouldn't be admissible in court but is enough to get a warrant. Dante specifically asked about its legality since neither party was aware or consented.

If the video won't be admissible in court then getting a warrant will probably be useless. I'm sure Sonny has gotten rid of any other evidence connecting him to the murder. And even if the video were allowed in court I don't think that alone would be enough to get a conviction. Diane could just come up with some bullshit story of how Sonny was lying about killing AJ because...reasons. As for Carly, any decent lawyer could just bring up the fact that Sonny is a mobster who shot her in the head while she was giving birth and is believed to have shot his own son in the chest. She helped Sonny cover up the murder because she was scared for her life. Done.

• Love 1
I don't agree.  This storyline has to move in stages, imo.  Michael was raised in the mob, and the mob screwed up his life so completely that it HAS to be addressed

I'm sick of the violence. And I never said Michael couldn't or shouldn't confront Sonny, it's how they're doing it that I have a problem with.

There's nothing that says Michael has to use a gun to "address" anything with Sonny. He has plenty of time to have at Sonny for what he did to AJ and it doesn't need to require a handgun or a shooting or a cover up or getting people to lie for him as has happened before.

I don't think Michael going to Monica first, to get a grip, to get some needed guidance and wisdom from her, would have taken anything away, if anything it would have shown maturity, it would show the break of Michael's need to resort to what he "knows"  raised in the mob and he actually could do the right thing.

Why does he have to end things first? To me that isn't at all necessary, he was connecting with the Qs, with Monica, while he still thought Sonny was a fairly decent person, but suddenly he must break all ties with Sonny beforehand? That, imo, is just over complicating things unnecessarily, Monica and the Qs being his family and actually offering him support during this time has nothing to do with Michael's breaking off from Sonny, but YMMV.

And frankly if Michael confronting Sonny with a gun is supposed to be his new start as a "Q" that is a bit off to me.

ETA:

Also perhaps it's due to me refusing to stop clinging to the past, when stories were written about people and not just mob thugs and serial killers and generally horrible people without remorse or conscious, but I miss the big, dramatic, showdowns where the weapons were the best weapons to use, words.

No one had to pretend to be some vigilante gunslinger, no one had to be "looking death in the eye" to be completely trounced and destroyed, it was all verbal, it was watching a majestic beat-down with a person's emotions and feelings as their billy-clubs, and I miss that.

I miss that being apart of this show, the violence seeps in regardless, it's always at the forefront in some way. I'm just tired of it, it's a cheap ploy to make things seem "badder" than they actually are, when the writing is just average and the directing is poor, that is what I see happening.

I miss the time when the actors were helped to be their best on paper first, not just given props to wave around and fake blood to splash across their chests.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

I also found it hilarious that Sonny said "Your daughter will want for nothing."

Um.....Sonny. That may be your daughter or granddaughter too. You claim possession over everything, but girl child? Oh little orange baby, your life sucks already.

Sonny not claiming her May be the single best thing that could ever happen to her.

If the video won't be admissible in court then getting a warrant will probably be useless. I'm sure Sonny has gotten rid of any other evidence connecting him to the murder. And even if the video were allowed in court I don't think that alone would be enough to get a conviction. Diane could just come up with some bullshit story of how Sonny was lying about killing AJ because...reasons. As for Carly, any decent lawyer could just bring up the fact that Sonny is a mobster who shot her in the head while she was giving birth and is believed to have shot his own son in the chest. She helped Sonny cover up the murder because she was scared for her life. Done.

Didn't we see Carly telling Franco before the wedding that Sonny has the only other copy of AJ identifying him as his shooter? I'm hoping that the reason for that tidbit was to set us up for the police finding that recording when they execute the search warrant.

• Love 1

I don't agree.  This storyline has to move in stages, imo.  Michael was raised in the mob, and the mob screwed up his life so completely that it HAS to be addressed.  Michael has to kill that side of his life before he can move on to the Quartermaine side.  This final showdown with Sonny has to happen.  It would be like leaving a major part of Michael's story dangling.  I think the reveal so far has been fantastic - all of it.  I think CD is killing it, and so has LW.  I'm not the MB hater that so many seem to be on this site.  I am looking forward to today's episode.  I like Sonny because he's such an amoral character, but so is Ava.  I'm laughing on other sites where they are bashing Sonny but claiming Ava is some poor defenseless woman.  She's a murderer!!  She's NO better than Sonny.  They both deserve to die, and I agree with the poster above who said the MW and MB scene yesterday was good.  They are equals.  They both refused to see how despicable they each are in their own right.  They only see how OTHERS are and their bad and violent behavior.

I, too, want Michael to have major scenes with Monica, but that can't happen until Michael ends his relationship with everything Corinthos.  Michael Corinthos is going to die today, and Michael Quartermaine will be reborn.  That's what I see happening.  I hope.

Respectfully, I have to disagree about Sonny and Ava. There is a difference between the two.  Sonny shows no remorse for anything he has ever done.  He has no empathy for others and his favorite word is I.   Ava has shown that she can be compassionate, empathetic and have remorse.  She called for help when she hit Jason when she could have kept going.  Sonny would have run him over, backed up and done it again.  She told Silas to go when he was torn about protecting her or going to Sam, she obviously loves her child.   I'm not saying she's a saint or hasn't done horrible things, but in Ava, I see things that can redeem her if she ever wants to be.  With Sonny, there is nothing redeemable about him.  He is soulless.  That's why I can root for Ava to get out of this and why I don't loathe her like I do Sonny.  JMHO and YMMV.

Sonny not claiming her May be the single best thing that could ever happen to her.

Didn't we see Carly telling Franco before the wedding that Sonny has the only other copy of AJ identifying him as his shooter? I'm hoping that the reason for that tidbit was to set us up for the police finding that recording when they execute the search warrant.

Honestly, I don't know why they are even bothering with legal proceedings because we all know Sonny will walk.  Franco should have gotten that tape to the media where it's there for the world to see and Sonny would have every person he's ever wronged, or their families targeting him, the IRS after his accounts......

• Love 11

Can't we have one tiny scene with MB and the baby? Sonny is awful, but MB is so good with the little ones. 

I recall Anna saying something about getting Michael's consent re the recording being done at his place making it admissible. I suspect he'll sign the consent forms. 

After all this, Michael is going to have to hit up IKEA to replace the couch his parents had sex on, and the rug where Ava gave birth. 

Michael shot into the air (I assume from the way he was holding the gun when Sonny turned around).

That's how I saw the scene, too. I also thought, "It's a good thing Michael owns the brownstone. No one will call the cops at the sound of gunfire, and he can have Morgan fix the bullethole(s) without explaining."

And really Sonny?  You not only called the most inept person on the planet, but YOU LEFT HIM A VOICEMAIL!!!!!????  A newborn baby was just fucking kidnapped.  It's a TAD urgent.

It's a girlchild. It's not that urgent.

Why couldn't Michael have left the Haunted Star and gone to see Monica?

He's too shocked and angry. I'd find it very OOC if his first instinct were to go to Monica. He's still Mykill, underneath all the fragile snowflake crap.

• Love 8

Unless someone uncovers the audio recording from AJ's phone. The one that has AJ begging for his life and Sonny telling him to stuff it, shooting him in the chest and then standing around talking to Ava about what to do with the body. AJ certainly knew the conversation was being recorded. Just because he's dead shouldn't negate that fact. And while it wouldn't implicate Carly, it does prove that Sonny shot AJ in cold blood.

• Love 1

I'm sick of the violence. And I never said Michael couldn't or shouldn't confront Sonny, it's how they're doing it that I have a problem with.

There's nothing that says Michael has to use a gun to "address" anything with Sonny. He has plenty of time to have at Sonny for what he did to AJ and it doesn't need to require a handgun or a shooting or a cover up or getting people to lie for him as has happened before.

I don't think Michael going to Monica first, to get a grip, to get some needed guidance and wisdom from her, would have taken anything away, if anything it would have shown maturity, it would show the break of Michael's need to resort to what he "knows"  raised in the mob and he actually could do the right thing.

Why does he have to end things first? To me that isn't at all necessary, he was connecting with the Qs, with Monica, while he still thought Sonny was a fairly decent person, but suddenly he must break all ties with Sonny beforehand? That, imo, is just over complicating things unnecessarily, Monica and the Qs being his family and actually offering him support during this time has nothing to do with Michael's breaking off from Sonny, but YMMV.

And frankly if Michael confronting Sonny with a gun is supposed to be his new start as a "Q" that is a bit off to me.

It would be extremely out of character, imo, for Michael to NOT use violence against Sonny.  He was raised in a very violent world, he accepts that world, condones it even.  If you're tired of the violence, then I can understand why you're not pleased, but it makes perfect sense to me.  Michael is a product of what Sonny and Carly have wrought.  Their good, sweet, nice, accommodating, trusting, loyal son is about to use all his experience as to what they did to him over the years against them.  I can't see how Michael, who already has a temper and has killed people and is a very good fighter and has used violence in the past, would just leave the Haunted Star to go cry on his grandmother's shoulder.  He has to feed the rage he's feeling - first against his mother and now against his father.  It's a lifetime of lies, manipulation, selfishness, and pain.  It has to be addressed.

As for the Qs, I don't see Michael automatically embracing them.  He hasn't been close to them his whole life, and so I think he's going to ease into those relationships.  I would like to see Michael tell his grandmother, but then try and pull away.  I think Monica and Ned (and even Tracy) should reach out to him and pull him into the Q fold.  Michael is a fish out of water, frankly.  I don't think he knows where he belongs, but he is going to feel fiercely loyal to his father, AJ.  jmo.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1

Respectfully, I have to disagree about Sonny and Ava. There is a difference between the two.  Sonny shows no remorse for anything he has ever done.  He has no empathy for others and his favorite word is I.   Ava has shown that she can be compassionate, empathetic and have remorse.  She called for help when she hit Jason when she could have kept going.  Sonny would have run him over, backed up and done it again.  She told Silas to go when he was torn about protecting her or going to Sam, she obviously loves her child.   I'm not saying she's a saint or hasn't done horrible things, but in Ava, I see things that can redeem her if she ever wants to be.  With Sonny, there is nothing redeemable about him.  He is soulless.  That's why I can root for Ava to get out of this and why I don't loathe her like I do Sonny.  JMHO and YMMV.

Ava has no remorse either.  Who is she remorseful about killing?  She's certainly not upset about Connie's death except that it has put a hit out on her own life.  She was fine with shooting Olivia and sending Carlos to prison for a crime he didn't do just to save her own ass.  She certainly was fine with killing Michael, and the only reason she felt even slightly uncomfortable about it was because of how it would impact Kiki.  She didn't give a crap about Michael.  She also hasn't lost any sleep over her part in AJ's murder.  Her showing compassion for Jakeson would have been for her to call the police.  She called Jordan so she wouldn't catch any blame.  Silas is a previous lover.  Sonny has showed pangs of compassion for other people too, but he is heartless about other things.  Ava is no different.

Ava is EXACTLY like Sonny.  She will kill, manipulate, and lie to cover her own ass.  She's lied to her own daughter over and over to achieve an end.  How is she better than Sonny?  I'm not seeing that at all.

Honestly, I don't know why they are even bothering with legal proceedings because we all know Sonny will walk.  Franco should have gotten that tape to the media where it's there for the world to see and Sonny would have every person he's ever wronged, or their families targeting him, the IRS after his accounts.....

That's true of everyone:  Sonny, Ava, and Franco - and Nina and Madeline.  No one is going to prison.  There will be trials, arrests, and proceedings, but in the end, they will all get off.  Sonny and Ava actually have a good chance of getting off because there's no hard evidence.  The recordings are very questionable as evidence.  The cops need witnesses, and I can see Sonny and Ava covering for each other to keep them out of prison.  Like I said,they are exactly alike.  .

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1
You know, I've been entertained by Sonny the past couple of months, but days like today really ignited the old visceral hate. "Your daughter will want for nothing." uh, yeah, except for a mother and a family that doesn't have a vile misogynistic pig like him occupying it.

I actually really liked the ending between Sonny and Ava - yeah, everything he said about leaving Shawn a voicemail, the baby, etc. was so fucking stupid. But in the ending, where they just face each other down and she realizes there is nothing she can say to stop him, they had a moment where MW let Ava drop her usual hauteur and pride and just stared at Sonny, resigned. I thought that was a moment of quasi-respect between them, acknowledging who they are and what they do. They're the same people in the same business, and he got the drop on her and that was that, and I thought MB actually delivered the last line well and with effective emotion. Along with the shaking Sonny-palsy gun hand, even.

Oh, I thought MB did a good job delivering the line, but it still made me hate Sonny, a whole lot.

I am cracking up at all the descriptions of Scott. I think what keeps me completely hating him is thinking about Kim Shriner's twitter. I sorta transfer that onto Scott. I can picture him going home and tweeting

"don going down. changed into robe n relaxing w/ drink 2 celebrate"

because that is the way Kin Shriner writes, heh. (oh god at first I typed @floatingstar.)

I think a little of Monica goes a long way. Imo she sounds kinda like Joe Jr now and I would not be able to take a long speech from her seriously.

I also found it hilarious that Sonny said "Your daughter will want for nothing."

Um.....Sonny. That may be your daughter or granddaughter too. You claim possession over everything, but girl child? Oh little orange baby, your life sucks already.

That wasn't the time to make the distinction I don't think. I think "My daughter . . . or granddaughter . . . will want for nothing" would have more than a little broken up the gravitas of the scene.

• Love 2

If Mo really did re-sign and if he and Ron had the talent to pull it off, a Sonny breakdown story could be really interesting.

Sonny in a robe and wheelchair locked away in Shadybrooke, completely stripped out of his power could be an interesting story.

• Love 1
He's too shocked and angry. I'd find it very OOC if his first instinct were to go to Monica. He's still Mykill, underneath all the fragile snowflake crap.

Well this show seems to want to make him made over into a "Q" or whatever the hell they think they're doing so wouldn't anything from now on be rather OOC for him?

Apparently this event is meant to change Michael forever. I'm just over it all really, Michael is supposed to be the "good" kid but he also might shoot the man who raised him in the same manner Sonny shot AJ as if this closes the chapter somehow, GTFO Ron with that.

Personally I wish Michael would just turn fully into "Mykill" and if he is going to kill people then he needs to take out Carly, Sonny, Kiki, Franco, the Nina, Ava, Sabrina and Felix, at least for starters, and then they can ship his crazy ass off to the loony bin with Heather, then I could excuse all the violence as cleaning house and that'd work for me.

It would be extremely out of character, imo, for Michael to NOT use violence against Sonny

And if he does then he's no better then Sonny, especially if the people in his life go about hiding his crime and covering it up for him.

That is my point, if he's meant to suddenly morph into Michael Q by committing the sort of act only a son of Sonny Corinthos would, thinking in a very Corinthos manner seeking revenge? It's backwards, Michael is supposedly a "good" character, he can make good decisions, he doesn't have to use violence against Sonny, he can make a choice.

They can play this as he's gone out of his mind with anger but that just doesn't cut it for me, because that's the same excuse Sonny made which brings Michael right back around to being just like the man who raised him, not AJ's son.

And if going against how he was raised is OOC isn't that the point of this?

Before this he's been nothing but Carly and Sonny's son, behaving the way they raised him to, so if he goes against them now then that means he'll be going against his former self, but obviously it doesn't matter what I think about this whole mess because the scenes have been shot and the course of this sinking ship has been mapped out already.

As for the Qs, I don't see Michael automatically embracing them

They had him embracing AJ pretty quick and now all of a sudden he just loved and adored the man so much he's willing to potentially kill his adoptive father who has been in his life since practically the beginning without even blinking. Seriously, Chad playing dead eyed Michael is making him look almost zombie like to me.

And I am not saying Michael has no reason to feel furious but he barely had AJ back in his life for a whole year to form any type of bond to explain why he would suddenly just explode with "Mykill" rage and go up against Sonny in such a manner.

I don't care what they have Dante saying, and he didn't even look like he believed the words coming out of his mouth though Dom normally looks that way and who could blame him, about Michael having another "side", it's just mere nonsense to excuse what is to come. God forbid Michael actually learn from all the shit in his past.

Ffs this same show had AJ kidnap Michael and toy with his mind and emotions in hopes of getting him back on his side, having Michael loyal to anyone to this degree is really a stretch frankly. Except maybe Jason but I won't even go there, the less said about him the better.

This show speeds things up and then goes slow in other areas and to me it's ridiculous. All it serves to do is make it even harder to take anything seriously. Michael's all over the place and none of what he is doing is saying to me that he's becoming a "Q", far from it. A mental breakdown however? I'd say yes to that.

Maybe his little imaginary friend from before can reappear and be the devil on his shoulder as he goes on a killing spree, seriously some of the dead weight on this show has got to go. I can excuse the deaths of stupid, useless characters.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

I really need scotty to mention what sonny did to Karen.Heck if luke whom I loathe rape of laura can be mentioned then I think that what Sonny did to Karen can be mentioned.Hate how that is whitewashed awayy.

From here on out instead of dialogue, Kin Shriner should just be say"Karen". I might be one of the few that doesn't have a problem with Scott mentioning his dead son every once in a while, because Lord knows Logan dying had nothing to do with his feelings of having a son killed on the death anniversary of his daughter, but Lulu and Johnny's love, so it is nice ever once in a while to see him reflect on it. However, Scott was very close to Karen and she was an all around good person despite the shit that endured her life (which was arguably worse than what Sonny went through) so for Scott to put away someone that preyed upon her when she was young and emotionally vulnerable would be a wonderful personal victory for him. Plus, it can't be easy knowing that Sonny got to have children and grandchildren while Karen never got that or will get that opportunity.

So yeah, I actually don't mind him throwing shade at people.

• Love 5

Morgan, you sure Sonny didn't shoot you in the head? Like BC goes from being a good actor to being a shit actor in 2.5 around Mo. The uhh ahhh stumble word pauses. Barf.

Did Morgan just start with the jazz hands? Or has he been doing it all along and I just hadn't noticed?

And am I the only one who noticed father and son both wore purple/lavender ties/shirts to the wedding that never happened?  Deliberate on wardrobe's part?

• Love 1

I'm of the mindset that Scott can throw enough shade to cover a hundred lamps at this point because it's about Sonny.

If he weren't the D.A. and forced to play things by the books I could easily see him having turned that video over to the local news to blast all across PC and beyond, exposing Sonny in the most public way possible. He is one who has never let go of his rightfully earned Sonny hate, something I've always appreciated.

Did Morgan just start with the jazz hands? Or has he been doing it all along and I just hadn't noticed?

It's gotten progressively worse, especially since Morgan went over to Sonny's to confront him.

But to me it's been there for a good while. The kid really seems to think that he needs to copy a lot of what Maurice does, including his speech which to me is the worst possible trait he could have picked up on. That and the shouting/screaming, especially when they have scenes together and they start trying to out holler one another.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

From here on out instead of dialogue, Kin Shriner should just be say"Karen". I might be one of the few that doesn't have a problem with Scott mentioning his dead son every once in a while, because Lord knows Logan dying had nothing to do with his feelings of having a son killed on the death anniversary of his daughter, but Lulu and Johnny's love, so it is nice ever once in a while to see him reflect on it. However, Scott was very close to Karen and she was an all around good person despite the shit that endured her life (which was arguably worse than what Sonny went through) so for Scott to put away someone that preyed upon her when she was young and emotionally vulnerable would be a wonderful personal victory for him. Plus, it can't be easy knowing that Sonny got to have children and grandchildren while Karen never got that or will get that opportunity.

I have no problem with  Scott mentioning Logan but yeah its weird he hasn't mentioned Karen ecspecially with his hate for sonny.I lways found it kinda ironic that scotty always seemed closer to his daughters.I mean I remeber when he was talking about serena and comparing it to how he would feel if serena got shot like lucas.He was like franco who cares lol.Its actually a contrast to Sonny who seems to think girls suck lol.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 1
if he's meant to suddenly morph into Michael Q

Michael can't suddenly morph into anything. The scales have finally fallen from his eyes about Carly and Sonny, but he still needs time to process that. Only then will he be able to decide if he's going to continue the status quo (i.e., going along with their ideas and way of life) or change (renounce them and embrace the Qs). Or more likely, become less of a Corinthos and more of a Q. But it won't happen overnight.

Michael has been completely betrayed by the people he thought would always protect him. His anger was always there, but he's been able to keep it in check. This is exactly the time it would come out. How could it not? And let's face it, there's very little dramatic payoff to Michael simply saying, "You're dead to me" and leaving Carly and Sonny alone. There has to be a showdown, at least with Sonny, who understands only violence.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

He's so dumb. Truly. Then again, he's gotten away with everything he's ever done, so...

I only wish he tried to shoot Ava, with the bullet accidentally striking Patrick, who just happened to be standing outside the window.

I didn't watch but I still want to comment on stupid Sonny. Right now his kidnapped son wants to kill him for killing his bio father. WHEN THIS GIRL GROWS UP DON"T YOU THINK SHE WILL Want to kill him for killing her mother. daughter or granddaughter. This show is nothing if not redundant. I know Sonny will walk Re-Ron made sure that the film will be inadmissible unlike AJ's phone .That had one person on it knowing it was taped. This is just wash, rinse and repeat Think I will stay on the barge and come here to see if I am right.

• Love 1
I have no problem with  Scott mentioning Logan but yeah its weird he hasn't mentioned Karen ecspecially with his hate for sonny.

Ron hasn't yet referred back to the notes in his Trapper Keeper on GH history. 

Michael can't suddenly morph into anything.

Yet he can suddenly morph into a killer again over the father he barely knew, hunting down the only one he's ever really had? He supposedly loved and excused Sonny right up until the moment he heard him admit to killing AJ so now he isn't just running off to confront him but he does so gun in hand?

To me it isn't a question of what he can or can't do, it's what they're showing him doing. Trying to tap into this idea of Michael's "hidden rage" imho is just a cop out. But as I said, it doesn't matter whatever happens, it's happening.

There has to be a showdown, at least with Sonny, who understands only violence

I just don't agree with this at all, so I shall agree to disagree.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Ron hasn't yet referred back to the notes in his Trapper Keeper on GH history. 

LOL so true.

Anyone find it weird that  Lucy was lecturing scott forever about giving Franco a chance but yesterday she was like dude is crazy lol.I mean not that I care never understood why she was a franco fan in first place lol.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 3