Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I sorely wanted to slap the absolute crap out of Nina yesterday during the teacher conference with Willow. Nina. You are NOT Charlotte’s mother. You excuse every nasty, hateful thing she does which has contributed to her unacceptable behavior. YOU want her teacher fired? Who the hell cares what you want?Take about a thousand seats, girl. You are nobody. 

• Love 15

Charlotte goes to public school because that is what Lulu and Dante asked for.  Valentine agreed to it, and Nina is stuck with it.

Willow was a confused by Val's attitude as we were, which means it's a deliberate choice for writing (HA) and not just a moron writing the dialogue wrong.  

Nina can FOAD any time now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Nina is a horrible person when she gets on high horse. I don't know why anyone likes her, wants to be around her, wants to be her child, her friend, her husband. She's a nutter. She's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

I hope they don't recast the role. The character was a dud from the start and the show should be happy to be rid of her. Then she can go ahead and take a forever vacation. 

As much as I hate this whole Carly pregnancy storyline, I want Neens to find out so that I can watch her head explode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Lulu had a hysterical reaction yesterday when she saw Kevin in his home, thinking he was Ryan, but had no reaction to him when they were both in Charlie's today?

She knows it's Kevin. I don't expect her to freak out every time she sees him.

6 hours ago, Perkie said:

Peter/Anna, who last we saw he was pissed at her for dumping him and she was all crying about it, even though a month before they seemed to have moved past it. 

They go back and forth on that depending on what the plot needs. It's so annoying and obvious.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

hope they don't recast the role. The character was a dud from the start and the show should be happy to be rid of her.

Wasn't she brought on to be a foil in the Silas & Sam romance?  I think I recall that Nathan came to Port Charles because he held Silas responsible for Nina's coma. 

(edited)
16 hours ago, Perkie said:

This.  I was so confused, by Lulu/Nina, Valentin/Willow and Peter/Anna, who last we saw he was pissed at her for dumping him and she was all crying about it, even though a month before they seemed to have moved past it.  And now they were all chummy chummy to the point where he's telling her that he has feeligns for Maxie and she's telling him to go for it.  I kept thinking this episode was bizarro/schizophrenic day.  

It reminds me of those YA cheerleading series of books I read when I was way too old to be reading them, where they had different authors. So one book a character would act one way and then the next book the same character would react completely differently. Annoying as hell.

Nina and Valentin are insufferable. Newsflash: your kid IS a brat. And it's because of the two of you. She was spoiled from her early years with her "Papa" and the sooner that MS is out the door the better. Only wish that her character isn't being recast and that she take her husband, Valentin with her.

They'll never be able to rectify this, but shame on this show for making Ava and Julian be related because every time I see them in scenes together I want them to hook up. I know, shame on me. I also love their sweet scenes too so at least there's that. Love seeing Ava in revenge mode and also thinking logically and clearly on Ryan having the creepiness factor to slice off his own hand.

Very nice on the Kevin/Lucy scenes this week, well done.

Whoever said upthread that the 30's set was sorely lacking is so on point. I am in the minority that I do like Chase and Willow though. It's a sweet romance that has surprisingly grown on me. And the slow burn has me rooting for them to heat it up, which I think they've done a good job with so far. Can't believe I'm complimenting the writers on something, (actually a few things), but yeah.

Again, agree with Carly holding Joss back being good. LW was really great there, she comes across so much different sometimes with Joss than with Michael.

Definitely can always use more Curtis and Drew scenes together. They've peaced out on those too much lately.

So ready for the Oscar Is Dead Party.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Perkie said:

I was so confused, by Lulu/Nina, Valentin/Willow and Peter/Anna, who last we saw he was pissed at her for dumping him and she was all crying about it, even though a month before they seemed to have moved past it.  

I’m similarly confused by Liz/Franco.  She was all upset with him for not telling her about the Top Secret False Confession Scheme, and then she just...wasn’t. Were there scenes of them working through the issue? Because I don’t remember any.  It just got back to lovey-dovey, please-tell-my-son-all-about-sex, shmoopiness overnight, it seemed.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m similarly confused by Liz/Franco.  She was all upset with him for not telling her about the Top Secret False Confession Scheme, and then she just...wasn’t. Were there scenes of them working through the issue? Because I don’t remember any.  It just got back to lovey-dovey, please-tell-my-son-all-about-sex, shmoopiness overnight, it seemed.

You did not miss any scenes of them talking through the issue. Cam decided he had to apologize to Franco because the press was calling Franco a hero, and Drew reiterated that Jordan swore Franco to secrecy and reminded her that her belief/faith in him when they were together got him through a dark and uncertain time. Then Elizabeth told Franco she missed their life together/is in love with him and stated that Jake and Aiden really see him as their stepdad. In return he reminded her of their vows (um hello, in JAIL!!) to "weather the storms together."  The implication seems to be that she decided to dismiss her feelings of anger and betrayal for all of the above reasons and accepts his statement that he can't promise she and the kids won't get hurt again. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

So then, what’s the point of Liz getting upset at all? If it’s just swept under the rug 2 days later, it’s drama with no resolution or purpose. I’m not actually asking for an answer to this question, because there is none. It’s just stupid and annoying. I guess this means Laura will be tearing up her divorce papers and welcoming Kevin home by Tuesday.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

It’s just stupid and annoying. I guess this means Laura will be tearing up her divorce papers and welcoming Kevin home by Tuesday.

True. I will guess that the next drama will have to do with Liz's kids, i.e. Franco doesn't think about consequences and either lies to her or oversteps without consulting her, resulting in either Cam or Aiden getting hurt. I hated Aiden's "we missed you" line to Franco. Kid, if not for your dad Lucky, you would have grown up without your mom and your brothers thanks to Franco. And Elizabeth was perfectly fine with marrying Franco in jail because now they're family? Although I guess it would be embarrassing to have a wedding where all of 5 guests willingly show up. Ughh....

Most likely, Laura will tear up her divorce papers and Oscar will die during May sweeps. 

It's so dumb that Shiloh is brainwashing his followers and bleeding them dry and yet I'm supposed to be scandalized that Kristina might be getting tattooed. I mean, shit's ugly, but it's the least troubling thing happening under Shiloh's orders. Anyway, Sam should have just tipped over one of those many unattended lit candles and let the whole place burn down instead of bothering to search Shiloh's stuff.

My satellite signal was cutting out during the Maxie/Peter/Lulu scenes, but did I hear Peter suggest Lulu write a book about the Ryan ordeal? The best thing about Lulu leaving for awhile is that we'll get a break from hearing about her incredible writing prowess (and a break from the Maxie/Lulu friendship, which has never rang quite true with ER in the role).

C'mon, show, just make Peter be Alex's son already. The Peter/Anna relationship has been so inconsistent that you could blink and miss it anyway, and I won't. Plus, that way I can imagine Robert having a drink to celebrate no longer having to pretend about Peter, and I care very much about what will bring Robert happiness (and I think Anna will be fine in time, too).

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Linny said:

C'mon, show, just make Peter be Alex's son already. The Peter/Anna relationship has been so inconsistent that you could blink and miss it anyway, and I won't. Plus, that way I can imagine Robert having a drink to celebrate no longer having to pretend about Peter, and I care very much about what will bring Robert happiness (and I think Anna will be fine in time, too).

Seriously. The last thing I want to watch Anna do is constantly beg for crumbs her son deigns to toss her way when he decides he's not going to throw a hissy fit for being "abandoned." I'm so tired of weepy Anna.

• Love 5

So, do you think Emme Rylan is going on vacation or are we going to get treated to more international scenes with her writing a book? Dear heavens, she isn't going to be the one to find Ryan, is she?

I'm not sure Peter and Maxie could bore me any less. Anna and Finn are equally dull. Putting them in a scene with Robert Scorpio really shows how bad they are.

Did anyone else think that the therapist Alexis was talking to was going to turn out to be in Dawn of Day?

Chase is currently my favorite part of this show.  I find him so stinkin' adorable. And when he is questioning Willow about Shiloh, I don't find it intrusive nor do I find him obnoxious when he interacts with Shiloh. That surprises me since this show often screws up having one character threaten/confront another from a position of strength by making that person come across as an arrogant ass.

I think I'm going to count how many days we go this week without a scene at the hospital.  Currently, we are at 1 day with no hospital scenes and only 1 hospital employee (Finn) seen.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Linny said:

It's so dumb that Shiloh is brainwashing his followers and bleeding them dry and yet I'm supposed to be scandalized that Kristina might be getting tattooed. I mean, shit's ugly, but it's the least troubling thing happening under Shiloh's orders. Anyway, Sam should have just tipped over one of those many unattended lit candles and let the whole place burn down instead of bothering to search Shiloh's stuff.

You're absolutely right. I wish I had thought of this. And it's too bad the writers didn't. Who the heck leaves candles burning in an attic room full of loose pillows? No one would have questioned the fire at all. And the aftermath would have definitely created soapy doings. 

They're still leaving that door open, I think. Anna's comment today about how whatever Alex was hiding would be something that would affect her and not Anna was a clue, I think. If it is to be so, put-leez writers, let it come out during sweeps this May. Then Peter can leave town to find his real, child-abandoning mother.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So, do you think Emme Rylan is going on vacation

I thought I read somewhere that her sister has cancer, I assumed she's going to spend time with her.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
39 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So, do you think Emme Rylan is going on vacation

I thought I read somewhere that her sister has cancer, I assumed she's going to spend time with her.  

Yikes, that's awful.

• Love 2
(edited)

DOD is awful storytelling.  A 26 year old female needs her sleepy older sister, thug ex brother in law and dumb ass father to "SAVE" her from a cult.  No wonder why this show cannot get past the loathsome foursome being shoved down everyone's throats, because the 20 somethings have no talent, no charisma, and not even an ounce of stage presence.

"sorry is this a bad time" Go jump off a bridge, Sam.

Watching Maurice Benard stutter over every line! PLEASE RETIRE.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Hater said:

Watching Maurice Benard stutter over every line!

Last week he seemed to forget the character of Shiloh's name and had this long pause before spitting out "that...guy."  Painful.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hater said:

DOD is awful storytelling.  A 26 year old female needs her sleepy older sister, thug ex brother in law and dumb ass father to "SAVE" her from a cult.  No wonder why this show cannot get past the loathsome foursome being shoved down everyone's throats, because the 20 somethings have no talent, no charisma, and not even an ounce of stage presence.

Considering that a lot of people get involved and brainwashed in cults, Kristina and the people inside DoD needing saving makes sense to me. All we have to do is look at the headlines about cults over the past decades. 

I agree though that they should have other people leading the charge on this. Sonny and Jason are overplayed. They never untie a knot if they can shoot it, roll it in tarp and dump it somewhere. That's Jason's answer to everything. 

I still like Sam but she is 100% out of her depth here. And it's not going to end well for her at all. Her going to the attic with no exist strategy was so dumb. 

Maybe they should have given Kristina a pretend hover bike like they did with Bart and Lisa when they joined that cult with Homer.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Considering that a lot of people get involved and brainwashed in cults, Kristina and the people inside DoD needing saving makes sense to me. All we have to do is look at the headlines about cults over the past decades. 

I agree though that they should have other people leading the charge on this. Sonny and Jason are overplayed. They never untie a knot if they can shoot it, roll it in tarp and dump it somewhere. That's Jason's answer to everything. 

I still like Sam but she is 100% out of her depth here. And it's not going to end well for her at all. Her going to the attic with no exist strategy was so dumb. 

Maybe they should have given Kristina a pretend hover bike like they did with Bart and Lisa when they joined that cult with Homer.

I think Kristina needs to save herself, not having 3 older individuals do it for her.  

I think DOD may be the worst story currently going on and that's saying something...it's eating the entire show.

Also this show hasn't made me HATE Shiloh yet.  I find him more tolerable than the 3 stooges who are fighting against him.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Anna commenting on Peter and Maxie was awk-ward.

Where did Willow get the money when in Dawn of Day.

Poor Shiloh, when does he get to use the money he extorts from everybody?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Hater said:

I think Kristina needs to save herself, not having 3 older individuals do it for her.  

And hopefully she will. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

11 minutes ago, Hater said:

Also this show hasn't made me HATE Shiloh yet. 

I think they chose the right actor for this. 

I do hate that they've dragged Alexis's therapist into Sonny's orbit. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I do hate that they've dragged Alexis's therapist into Sonny's orbit. 

Alexis can't have things of her own. No one can because the Terrible Triad makes their way into everyone else's storylines.

I think I'd rather have the therapist part of DoD than helping Sonny.

Of course Jason wants to shoot Shiloh right now and deal with the consequences later. For Sonny, Jason and Carly, there are never any real consequences.

I'm not shocked the Kristina may get a tattoo; I'm shocked that she doesn't have one already.

Is Harmony supposed to be the Allison Mack counterpart? In that case, nice timing.

Peter and Maxie are so snooze-worthy. They're almost as bad as Anna and Finn.

• Love 4

Sonny saying the "tuition" money can't possibly be where Shiloh is getting his money may mean that it would be a big shock to learn about Julian's 10K, and about how much the members keep getting charged, even though Jason alluded to that. 

But I think it's more likely that Shiloh uses the "testimony," like Kristian just gave, to blackmail members' families. (A third possibility that I hope won't happen is that this ceremony about to happen won't just be a tattoo induction, but a sex ritual that is filmed and then used as blackmail.)

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He's one of Amazon Prime's biggest customers.

3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Did anyone else think that the therapist Alexis was talking to was going to turn out to be in Dawn of Day?

The way they love connecting everyone, I was relieved he wasn't. Though of course that can always change.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yikes, that's awful.

Yes, it's stage 4 on her spine.  She had a gofundme page set up a couple of months ago.  

It's really nice of the show to let ER take time away. I know, FMLA and all that, but considering how petty the writers can be, I'm amazed they wrote out Lulu even halfway logically.

Did everyone see how the Harmony and Daisy actors walked in front of the camera while Sam and Kristina were talking? Heh.

Alexis, you're supposed to dramatically tear off the check and throw it at your therapist! Have you not seen "Cheques"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Hater said:

A 26 year old female needs her sleepy older sister, thug ex brother in law and dumb ass father to "SAVE" her from a cult.  

"sorry is this a bad time" Go jump off a bridge, Sam.

I'm literally laughing out loud here - best/most accurate description I've seen of the 3 as individuals and a great dis of Sam. I thought the same thing when she was yapping at Drew about Shiloh/DoD while his kid is terminally ill and has been in and out of the hospital. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's really nice of the show to let ER take time away. I know, FMLA and all that, but considering how petty the writers can be, I'm amazed they wrote out Lulu even halfway logically.

If ER was going to take time off anyways, why didn't this silly just have Dante, Lulu and Rocco leave town as he gets treatment. They leave Charlotte behind so she could finish out school and stays with Valentin/Nina. When ER returns to the show, she mentions how Dante hit a roadblock in his treatment and had to send her away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm literally laughing out loud here - best/most accurate description I've seen of the 3 as individuals and a great dis of Sam. I thought the same thing when she was yapping at Drew about Shiloh/DoD while his kid is terminally ill and has been in and out of the hospital. 

If Sam was actually interesting,  I'd give her a pass on how stupid and degrading she is...but she's not, so no benefit of the doubt.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Also this show hasn't made me HATE Shiloh yet.  I find him more tolerable than the 3 stooges who are fighting against him.

Agree. I'm amused at the two criminals being all high and mighty about Shiloh and Sonny claiming that something illegal must be going on. I mean, if course there will be something illegal going on, but the idea that Sonny thinks he has any sort of high ground here is laughable. He doesn't have the high ground over anyone on this show but is still somehow the hero. I would love it of Shiloh won her.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Agree. I'm amused at the two criminals being all high and mighty about Shiloh and Sonny claiming that something illegal must be going on. I mean, if course there will be something illegal going on, but the idea that Sonny thinks he has any sort of high ground here is laughable. He doesn't have the high ground over anyone on this show but is still somehow the hero. I would love it of Shiloh won her.

Sonny took Karen Baldwin and had her stripping at his club.  He's no better than Shiloh and the three plus Sam are pretty much a cult.

• Love 5

BTW, I just realized that since Shiloh had a camera recording him creeping on Sam during their session, that maybe the same camera caught Sam getting back into the house and going up to the attic.

• Love 2

I really like Alexis’s doctor, Neil. The actor is so normal when acts. I almost forget he’s acting. I hope he stays around for a long time & he doesn’t into some villain. I like a smart character on a soap for once.

• Love 7

I'm not seeing how making Alex Peter's mom would remove him from Anna's orbit.  I mean, it could only make their relationship better as far as I can see.  Peter would shift his resentment and anger to Alex and feel sympathy for Anna, who was manipulated into this shame about him that she didn't deserve.  Anna would still be his aunt, Robin his cousin.  It's not like Nina and Sasha, where there is no connection.  They would still be family.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

He's one of Amazon Prime's biggest customers.

He buys lots and lots of macrame wall hangings.  And bad paintings.

What the ever-living hell was Daisy wearing?  Is the circus in town?  She looked like an old-timey escaped convict.

• Love 3

"Someone...is...getting...a...tattoo...tonight."

Sam McCall, Ace P.I., everyone.  For her next trick she'll deduce DOD members have a sweet tooth by the package of cookies in the kitchen.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I'm not seeing how making Alex Peter's mom would remove him from Anna's orbit.  I mean, it could only make their relationship better as far as I can see.  Peter would shift his resentment and anger to Alex and feel sympathy for Anna, who was manipulated into this shame about him that she didn't deserve.  Anna would still be his aunt, Robin his cousin.  It's not like Nina and Sasha, where there is no connection.  They would still be family.

I have no trouble with her being his aunt. It would eliminate the retcon that Anna actually had another child. For years in the show's history, Robin was her only child. I remember someone upthread saying Anna was a virgin when she married Robert. I don't know if that's GH fact or not, but if it was, then giving Anna a child pre-Robert was pretty damn ridiculous.

1 hour ago, rur said:

I remember someone upthread saying Anna was a virgin when she married Robert. I don't know if that's GH fact or not, but if it was, then giving Anna a child pre-Robert was pretty damn ridiculous.

I think it was in the flashbacks of Robert and Anna's wedding in Italy, shown shortly after Anna arrived and Robert was conflicted between her and Holly.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Agreed 100%. My smart, beautiful, talented cousin became a scientologist a few years ago after she started dating someone in it.  It really does happen to "normal" people, and once you're in, it's hard to leave (and hard to even see that you should leave until it's too late). 

I actually really like the whole plot. If I have to endure a Sam/Jason heavy storyline, I'm glad it is at least an umbrella plot line with a charismatic villain, in a story I haven't seen on soaps before. It's working for me. 

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

He buys lots and lots of macrame wall hangings.  And bad paintings.

And candles!

I’m pissed that they’re wasting Shiloh in this storyline. They finally get a 20-something actor who is sexy, charismatic AND can actually act, and he’ll be gone as soon as Jason interrupts the butt-tattoo session and shoots him.

Unless the show decides to go for a Franco-style redemption arc. I’m actually not sure which outcome would annoy me more.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And candles!

I’m pissed that they’re wasting Shiloh in this storyline. They finally get a 20-something actor who is sexy, charismatic AND can actually act, and he’ll be gone as soon as Jason interrupts the butt-tattoo session and shoots him.

Unless the show decides to go for a Franco-style redemption arc. I’m actually not sure which outcome would annoy me more.  

The actor is in his 40s. But I agree he is better and has more stage presence than most of the males. I think the whole thing is dumb and a waste. We know whose going to win and this has been predestined since January.

• Love 7

The actor playing Shiloh has "it". He's good looking. has good scruff and plays creepy well. He can also act. I'm sure he'll be gone soon enough. LOL!!! I think it's funny how Shiloh just terrorizes Willow in front of Chase. I also like that WIllow is telling Chase everything. I like that she is now open to him and not afraid of spilling the beans about DOD. She even shared her her ugly ass tattoo.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, ouinason said:

I'm not seeing how making Alex [LWB/FS]'s mom would remove him from Anna's orbit.

My preference, of course, would be to shoot LWB/FS into the sun, but if we have to deal with him, him being a step removed from Anna/Robin by being a nephew/cousin versus a son/brother is better.

It would also, presumably, eliminate Anna having slept with Faison, that that would be part of the fake memory, which I really need to happen.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Linny said:

My satellite signal was cutting out during the Maxie/Peter/Lulu scenes, but did I hear Peter suggest Lulu write a book about the Ryan ordeal? The best thing about Lulu leaving for awhile is that we'll get a break from hearing about her incredible writing prowess (and a break from the Maxie/Lulu friendship, which has never rang quite true with ER in the role).

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. And anytime Robert!FUCKING!Scorpio! is happy, I AM HAPPY. Because of that smile! That twinkle in his blue, blue eyes, that Aussie accent that hasn't faded after all these years...did I mention his smile?😍

17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. The last thing I want to watch Anna do is constantly beg for crumbs her son nephew/spawn of Alex deigns to toss her way when he decides he's not going to throw a hissy fit for being "abandoned." I'm so tired of weepy Anna.

I hope you don't mind that I edited that for you! Abandoned, my ass. Did he grow up homeless on the streets? In tatters? Was he a street rat? Boo-fucking-hoo.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

My preference, of course, would be to shoot LWB/FS into the sun, but if we have to deal with him, him being a step removed from Anna/Robin by being a nephew/cousin versus a son/brother is better.

It would also, presumably, eliminate Anna having slept with Faison, that that would be part of the fake memory, which I really need to happen.

This show has retconned so much in the past six or seven years, they CAN UNDO this travesty. Let him be Alex's spawn. And then Anna can be made aware SHE was never pregnant with that piece of whiny man-boy. Who does't even look a THING like either Anna or Faison. He looks like he could be the current Franco's spawn.

• Love 2