Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Fuck you ABCD.

I'm so sick of non-news interrupting this stupid show.

It's so odd because I live in Upstate NY and we still get the show at 2 (since the time change a few years before; before that, we got it at 3, too!).

• Love 1

You know watching old shows it really makes me realize that writing the show around Sonny was a mistake.THey actually wrote the town as a community you had your good characters Robert,Anna,Bobbie,Tony ect you had your evil villians Faision and you had your grey characters Lucy,Scotty,tracy ect but for some reason when the show was made into all about sonny.I believe it started to go downhill.

• Love 3

It's so odd because I live in Upstate NY and we still get the show at 2 (since the time change a few years before; before that, we got it at 3, too!).

I live in NJ, we used to get it at 3, then when I got used to 2 they switched it back to 3 again and bam! More interruptions! I wouldn't mind if it was super important but sports news couldn't wait until 4? That's what annoys me the most, it's something that could wait, at least in my opinion.

Hopefully it'll be OnDemand tomorrow. I was actually looking forward to today's show.

Ava: What do you need? 

Morgan: A chiropractor.

hee.

Kiki and her giant jaw need to DIE. Whining about Rosalie being perfectly right about her keeping secrets! Not immediately telling Michael he didn't have to go to Franco's stupid birthday party. Hell, even giving attitude to Sonny and Carly. Mind your own business!!! And then add in all of Alderson's irritating mannerisms and it pretty much amplifies all the chills in my spine about to 1000+.

I did feel kinda sorry for her when Sonny was asking her about her mom all the while planning on kidnapping her at that very moment. Lord, Sonny is such a gross scumbag. One who admittedly entertains me with his Franco disdain.

Speaking of Sonny, Sabrina was really stealing his "commit a heinous crime and then act like going to the chapel makes a difference" schtick today. It did amuse me how that doctor was happy to get one over on Obrecht. 

• Love 1
Speaking of Sonny, Sabrina was really stealing his "commit a heinous crime and then act like going to the chapel makes a difference" schtick today

I can only hope this is TCa's swan song; I know Sonny has done worse, but MB is also a longtime vet.

Send Sobby to jail...or to an institution off screen and far, far away.

• Love 5

Can we keep Sabrina if it means she never crosses paths with Patrick ever? I'll take her for Michael or Morgan - I hate Kiki that much today.

Wow, you must be desperate! It's like choosing being stabbed over being poisoned or something.

• Love 7

Can we keep Sabrina if it means she never crosses paths with Patrick ever? I'll take her for Michael or Morgan.

I've wanted to try her out with Michael or Morgan since she first came on the show. Anybody but DoucheLord Drake.

• Love 1

I've wanted to try her out with Michael or Morgan since she first came on the show. Anybody but DoucheLord Drake.

Word to the word. Hell she'd be great with Matt, the less Douchey Drake. He took a jail sentence for his wife. And can we call Patrick Douchelord Drake? Please.

Put this as show law!

Have we ever seen a soap character actually try to kill a baby?  I know there have been plenty of scenarios where someone didn't feel like the mom-to-be deserved the baby but to my recollection, all the plans have focused on hurting the mother, mostly by kidnapping or switching the baby.

As I said earlier, I don't know how the character comes back from that.  Even Franco didn't hurt babies - he took one or two of them but he didn't hurt them.

• Love 2

As I said earlier, I don't know how the character comes back from that.  Even Franco didn't hurt babies - he took one or two of them but he didn't hurt them.

I laughed so hard at this -- Hilarious, if you read it straight [...]He just took one or two of them [...] and shrug at the end.

Port Charles needs some kind of natural disaster to clean house.  Sonny, Franco, Kiki, Sabrina, Carly, Fluke, Nina, etc. etc.  They all suck toxic monkey balls and I'm tired of hearing them plot and whine while making strange faces.  There must be some construction sites around town.  Where's a crane when you need one?  I'll drive.

• Love 6

Loving the two Latinas on this show.   I was hoping Rosalie would just knock Keeks the fuck out.

I really want the baby to be Moregun's, and he and Ava to reunite and raise the kid, at least for a spot.  Bryan and Maura still have IT.

Michael can pair up with Rosalie.  The last couple of days, CD has really come alive opposite the Rosalie actress.  And Michael needs a fiery character like her.

Keeks can pair up with a rock at the bottom of the harbor. 

• Love 5

Sabrina is not cool or interesting enough to have scenes by herself.

I can't with Sonny/Carly plotting a murder together or merely speaking. Am I supposed to find them romantic?

I still have no interest in anything Kiki. Hate that Mikey is stuck with her.

I went from not caring about Rosalie to thinking she's a hoot.

• Love 2

Didn't Stephanie on B&B when morgan was pregnant with ridges baby wasn't she trying to drug her drink so she would miscarry?

Don't know about B&B, but we had Nina's mom being proactive in the baby killing business.

I went from not caring about Rosalie to thinking she's a hoot.

I like the idea of Rosalie, but in reality, so far, I'm not impressed with Rosalie's actress.  I think her characterization is a little schizophrenic, too.  Maybe if they get that sorted out...

• Love 1

I like the idea of Rosalie, but in reality, so far, I'm not impressed with Rosalie's actress. I think her characterization is a little schizophrenic, too. Maybe if they get that sorted out...

The actress isn't the best in the business, for sure. But I've found the character super hilarious with Silas and ESPECIALLY Kiki. It's like the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Heh.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
[we had Nina's mom being proactive in the baby killing business.

Or was she? Dun-dun-DUN...

LOL that Max was the one who had to warn the other stooges about Ava having a Plan B regarding security.

The NFL as an organization sucks, but I'm glad I didn't have to watch most of Sabrina talking to a candle.

Is there anything more loathsome than Sonny in "ain't I sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxayyyy? mode as he was today with Snarly?  I know he thinks he saunters with a smoldering sexuality, but honest to God he walks like he has a load in his pants.  Which, come to think of it, probably WOULD be a turn-on for Carly.

Luckily, it's impossible for me to imagine those two in a mating pose.  She hug him with those giant man arms of hers, and he'd  POP right UP and OUT of her grasp with all the tanning oil on his body, probably hit his head on the ceiling and fall directly back into her jaws of death.

Most of the show was like a fly buzzing in my ear but I did hear enough to realize that although I detest Sonny more than any fictional character currently on the air (Ryan Lavery thank GOD is gone - I hated him more), it bugs me to no end to have to listen to Kiki talk to him or Carly or anyone in that condescending tone of hers.  

Now if Sonny wanted to have HER whacked, well, I wouldn't say anything rude about him for 24 hours.  Kiki may not be worse than Sonny but she's edging up in the sweepstakes, that's for sure.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Today was bad.  I mean so bad, that I had to think for a minute before starting to write this, if I had actually watched today's show or not.  I couldn't remember. 

Oh, that's right, Sabrina talked to a candle while squinting.  

Sonny made sleazebag smiles.

Carly and Michael and Nina said things.

Other people might have, too.

Ava almost took a pill, in slow motion. 

Franco.

How could I not have been riveted by that?

eta:  Some of these things might have happened on Thursday's show, I can't be sure.  I'm not watching it again. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 4

I really liked the show. Kiki was really annoying, but I am interested in this tangled mess of Carly/Franco/Sonny and how everyone is getting dragged into it, even the characters I don't like. If only Tony Geary's return hadn't been delayed, then we could really get this show on the road. I'm not blaming Geary for that, but Cartini for not making contingency plans.

• Love 1

Oh, that's right, Sabrina talked to a candle while squinting.

Sigh. I'm so tired of Sobby. She was boring as a Disney Pwincess and she's equally dull in 'revenge' mode.

not someone other gangster would chuckle at if they saw him

You mean like Sonny's entire mob?!? I mean, none of these guys seem like actual scary mobsters. All of the so-called mobsters on GH are pretty lame. I thought Julian had some potential at the start but he's useless these days.SB's Jason just looked perpetually constipated.  I saw BM playing a bad guy on something (CSI I think) and he was good. If I have to suffer with Jason, I'm hoping that somehow RC decides to go the route of having him come back as a Quartermaine/Morgan hybrid.

but for some reason when the show was made into all about sonny.I believe it started to go downhill.

Pushing Sonny front and center as a 'romantic' lead was certainly the end of GH being a good show. It's called General Hospital and yet we hardly ever see the hospital. It's all mob all the time. Now with a bit of Serial Killer 'romantic' lead thrown in for good measure.

I'd love someone, anyone to explain to me how the folks in charge of this show (past and present) could possibly believe Sonny as the be all and end all of this show was/is a good idea. I just don't get it. The character is utterly reprehensible. It would help if every now and again he would actually pay for a crime or in the very least show some real, genuine remorse. Hell, Erica Kane went to prison for a child-napping! This endless 'Sonny can't go to prison because he's claustrophobic' is just stupid. 

I used to love this show, but these days it's a slog just trying to get through it. All these new characters RC has added just aren't needed ... Sabrina, Kiki, Nina, Silas, Franco (I know he's not new but still I stand by this), Felix ... could all go and I wouldn't even notice. The few things that do work, like Lucas and Brad (in my opinion anyway), disappear for weeks at a time.

And yet I record this crap show every day.

• Love 9

Because we are hoping for the occasional good scene and storyline, like the Fluke reveal, the AJ reveal, some good vets scenes, etc. Franco's birthday better be epic with some barware thrown at Sonny's head! There are few good things left but that's why I still record this ridiculous show. And days like today where the show can be watched in 10 minutes because of all the FF material make me so sad.

Edited by twoods

If GH has money issues, why are they blowing up sets?   Seems like the show drags and drags then it goes too fast.

I didn't watch when these Cassadines were on before but Stavros was beyond creepy.

Kiki still looks like a Potato Head.

Not in with this kill Ava and her fetus storyline.

Guess since one of the Jerome's bodyguards is on Sonny's payroll explains why they keep letting random people in without checking first.  I'd have fired that guy's ass a long time ago.

Rosalie looked great in that red dress.

Stupid NFL press conference - what else happened in today's episode?

• Love 1

Been on vacation, and finally caught up with the last 8 days of shows. Here is my brief summary:

Team Naxie

Team Samtrick

Anna rules

Still love Liesl

Ava/Morgan still rock the chem

DIAF: Sonny, Shawn and especially SABRINA

There are more of course, but those three are first on my damn list.

• Love 2

I like your lists, tvgoddess, but I have to add Kiki and Franco for starters. It's a pretty good diaf lust that starts with Sonny.

I would reset Julian and Ava's ruthless sides which they've both mislaid somewhere.

I'm so tired of Sonny's sex life. I don't see how any woman could find him attractive other than for his funds by this time. Maybe they should have a smart gold digger take him for all he's worth and leave him with his self esteem in the dust.

• Love 3

I'd love someone, anyone to explain to me how the folks in charge of this show (past and present) could possibly believe Sonny as the be all and end all of this show was/is a good idea. I just don't get it. The character is utterly reprehensible. It would help if every now and again he would actually pay for a crime or in the very least show some real, genuine remorse. Hell, Erica Kane went to prison for a child-napping! This endless 'Sonny can't go to prison because he's claustrophobic' is just stupid.

I think the Sonny-Be-All-End-All began with Guza loving the character the way he is, unredeemed. Guza was, in his mind at least writing High Mafia-Godfather type material and so the show was more about the darkening of Sonny, al la Michael Corleone then the redemption of Sonny. The Problem is over the years Sonny became more Fredo than Michael.

If I have to suffer with Jason, I'm hoping that somehow RC decides to go the route of having him come back as a Quartermaine/Morgan hybrid.

A Jason Q-M is really the only way to go, and in fact could in the long run bring about a really good dark story of Sonny's redemption.  Think a Jason Q who hates Sonny for Killing AJ combined with a Jason M who then wants to kill Sonny, in conflict with a Jason Q who does not want to become a murderer again and a Jason M who will not rat to the police. Jason Q than works with Michael and Jax (even if off screen) to destroy Sonny the only real way possible (what Julian was at first trying to do) dismantling his legitimate income . At some point Sonny is so broken that he is confronted by the five families to run drugs into Port Charles or lose his territory (Fluke having been defeated of course by this point). Sonny finally displays the beginnings of redemption, at first he runs the drugs to keep power but than a slightly SOARs (to like age 11)  Joss (or Spencer or Emma) becomes addicted . Seeing a child he actually cares about (and MB really does have a glow when he gets to interact with kids) destroyed by his actions moves Sonny to the breaking point.  He cannot keep his power, he cannot allow the five families to run drugs and so he goes to Jason for help. Together, with Dante, Nathan and directed by Anna they break (for now, another family will eventually rise up) the mobs power in Port Charles. Perhaps in doing so Sonny does something heroic, but his money is gone, his power is broken. In a final act of repeating "coals upon the head of his enemy" Jason installs Sonny as the manager of a small pizza shop (Has any soap ever had a pizza shop?). Max and Milo work for him there and Sonny finds happiness is cooking and being with his grandchild(ren).  Sonny redeemed, somewhat punished (and yes I know many of us want him dead or in prison but I just do not see that ever happening within the reality of the show) marginalized and his inner character actually changed

I never understand why this stuff comes so easy for us on the boards and so friggin hard for Ron

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 7
I never understand why this stuff comes so easy for us on the boards and so friggin hard for Ron

I just started rewatching around five years ago and MB's acting chops have gone from bad to worse and I don't think no matter what Ron or anyone did - any story involving Sonny would suck.  MB needs to taken away from the show.  If they want to bring him back occasionally to see small kids - fine.  While that violent thug of a character might be redeemable on some plane, there is no way that MB could handle the material.  And it's even worse for those of us who don't appreciate him from the eye-candy department.

A Jason Q-M is really the only way to go,

Additionally, Ron HATES the Qs. Having his main man Sonny have sex in the crypt where AJ was just interned was a pretty big middle finger to the Quartermaine legacy.  If Ron could have had Sonny urinate on the crypt, he definitely would have.  

• Love 5

I just started rewatching around five years ago and MB's acting chops have gone from bad to worse and I don't think no matter what Ron or anyone did - any story involving Sonny would suck.

See I think in the hands of a skilled writer it could be done, you just have to understand the limitations of the actor you are working with. In a redemption arch as I described the heavy lifting in the story is actually carried by Jason (BM) as his inner-self is conflicted (Not a DID story just a man torn between two sides of himself)

While MB is surely no Oscar winner he clearly has some talent or he would not be working at all, there are far too many unemployed actors to not credit ANYONE with a job as having at least some small talent. A good writer can bring out the best in bad actors (High School kids with little talent can still pull off Shakespeare with the right director) .

I am not sure that Ron actually hates the Q's the way Guza did. I think that Crypt-sex was done because Ron loves things for the sake of Shock Value. It had little to do with it being a Q and a lot to do with "Oh see I will get people all riled up about this". Ron loves: Camp, Plot Points, Shock and above all HIMSELF and his own sense that he is the world's greatest writer.

A Sonny redemption arch fails because of Ron's lack of talent, not MB's . And if Ron thinks I am wrong that I dare him to try.

• Love 3

I laughed so hard at this -- Hilarious, if you read it straight [...]He just took one or two of them [...] and shrug at the end.

Port Charles needs some kind of natural disaster to clean house.  Sonny, Franco, Kiki, Sabrina, Carly, Fluke, Nina, etc. etc.  They all suck toxic monkey balls and I'm tired of hearing them plot and whine while making strange faces.  There must be some construction sites around town.  Where's a crane when you need one?  I'll drive.

I'll ride shotgun !

I think the Sonny-Be-All-End-All began with Guza loving the character the way he is, unredeemed. Guza was, in his mind at least writing High Mafia-Godfather type material and so the show was more about the darkening of Sonny, al la Michael Corleone then the redemption of Sonny. The Problem is over the years Sonny became more Fredo than Michael.

A Jason Q-M is really the only way to go, and in fact could in the long run bring about a really good dark story of Sonny's redemption.  Think a Jason Q who hates Sonny for Killing AJ combined with a Jason M who then wants to kill Sonny, in conflict with a Jason Q who does not want to become a murderer again and a Jason M who will not rat to the police. Jason Q than works with Michael and Jax (even if off screen) to destroy Sonny the only real way possible (what Julian was at first trying to do) dismantling his legitimate income . At some point Sonny is so broken that he is confronted by the five families to run drugs into Port Charles or lose his territory (Fluke having been defeated of course by this point). Sonny finally displays the beginnings of redemption, at first he runs the drugs to keep power but than a slightly SOARs (to like age 11)  Joss (or Spencer or Emma) becomes addicted . Seeing a child he actually cares about (and MB really does have a glow when he gets to interact with kids) destroyed by his actions moves Sonny to the breaking point.  He cannot keep his power, he cannot allow the five families to run drugs and so he goes to Jason for help. Together, with Dante, Nathan and directed by Anna they break (for now, another family will eventually rise up) the mobs power in Port Charles. Perhaps in doing so Sonny does something heroic, but his money is gone, his power is broken. In a final act of repeating "coals upon the head of his enemy" Jason installs Sonny as the manager of a small pizza shop (Has any soap ever had a pizza shop?). Max and Milo work for him there and Sonny finds happiness is cooking and being with his grandchild(ren).  Sonny redeemed, somewhat punished (and yes I know many of us want him dead or in prison but I just do not see that ever happening within the reality of the show) marginalized and his inner character actually changed

MAybe someone could take Sony on a boat ride.. in the fog away from all witnesses !
  • Love 3

MAybe someone could take Sony on a boat ride.. in the fog away from all witnesses !

Isn't this how Stravos began his obsession with Laura? (with some help from David Gray.) Maybe Sonny could become Stravos next obsession. That would be fun to watch.

• Love 1
While MB is surely no Oscar winner he clearly has some talent or he would not be working at all, there are far too many unemployed actors to not credit ANYONE with a job as having at least some small talent. A good writer can bring out the best in bad actors (High School kids with little talent can still pull off Shakespeare with the right director) .

MB's acting ability is better than a kid in high school and probably better than some of the unemployed actors in LA.  I agree that a good writer has the potential to bring out the best in bad actors.  However, we have two KNOWN entities at work here - Ron and MB.  Based upon empirical evidence, I would say that your experiment of Ron and his current team producing a decent script and MB being able to execute it would fail - variable mileage perceptions etc... .  At least you have hope.  My toleration for having Sonny on this show is relegated to every couple of months, appreciating one of his dimples when he is on a set with a kid.  However, yesterday's episode with Kiki (inappropriate facial ticks), Nina (past time to change the dosage) and Sabrina (squinting is NOT emoting) really highlighted that the pool of unemployed actresses in LA must really be lacking.

While I can't stand the Corinthos family, I do have to hand it to Ron/FV that the actors and direction thereof are being managed like a tight knit team.  It seems like they are having fun albeit at the expense of the rest of Port Charles and this soap.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1

I enjoyed Sonny's complete lack of concern for Kiki exposing his secret.  I like that he treated her like this insect that he wanted to swat, and Kiki threatening to tell Franco if Sonny didn't stay away from Carly.  LOL,  Sonny was like "Quiet, you useless character."

Then you have Kiki lying again to Michael.  He needs to get rid of her asap, and yes, CD came alive with the Rosalie character because he gets to actually work with a character that has a pulse.  I think Michael and Rosalie could be interesting, and I like how Rosalie already hates Kiki.  It's amusing to me that Kiki is so upset with Rosalie for telling Michael she is keeping a secret when she IS keeping a secret. I am looking forward to Michael learning the truth about Sonny killing AJ and Carly helping to cover it up, and throw in him learning that Kiki lies everytime she opens her mouth - he can drop kick all three of them.

Ava and Morgan was sweet, but I don't want that romance revisited, and I really don't want to see Morgan as a young baby daddy.  I'm not sure how much more redeemable Ava would be over Sonny.  She murdered Connie and she wanted and tried to murder AJ, and even though she didn't pull the trigger, she is as culpable in his death as is Sonny.  So we'll see.

Where's Kevin??!!  PC needs a psychiatrist desperately!  (And I miss JL.)

• Love 2

I still hate Sonny's smug face. How and why would anyone want to go away with Sonny after knowing what happens to the women he takes in? You may get a dress, but the bullet holes are not worth it. Poor Lily got blown up! No way. I'd like to see a woman just say no. Slap him and say no. Maybe that's why i enjoyed Connie. She wanted to kill Sonny and bang Johnny.

And I'm sorry show, but you can't give me Not Phyllis and Not Todd in the same show and tell me they're not able to out evil Sonny. Blasphemy!

• Love 5

Sonny is the ruination of the show.  I don't know how many of you record the show so you can FF through Sonny scenes, but I am guessing a lot of us do that.  I cannot remember a time when I actually liked the mobster.  I cannot imagine a redemption scenario for Sonny, especially now since he is playing everything so smug and arrogant. 

Let's give old man Corinthos some competition.  Pitch him up against some real villains like the Old Guard Cassadines.  BTW, Victor is not dead and neither is Stavros.  Helena is not going to let anything happen to her crazy pretty-boy son or her very useful brother-in-law. Her comment to the contrary, the Cassadine men are alive. 

• Love 5

Then you have Kiki lying again to Michael. He needs to get rid of her asap, and yes, CD came alive with the Rosalie character because he actually gets to work with a character who has a pulse. I think Michael and Rosalie could be interesting, and I like how Rosalie already hates Kiki. It's amusing to me that Kiki is upset with Rosalie for telling Michael she is keeping a secret when she IS keeping a secret. I am looking forward to Michael's learning the truth about Sonny killing AJ, Carly's covering it up and throw in him learning that Kiki's lies everytime she opens her mouth- he can dropkick all three of them.  

As much as I hate Kiki and her lying to Michael again, Rosalie's not the one to judge her for it. Given all the secrets she's kept and all the lies she's told on Nina's behalf, Rosalie's putting Kiki on blast for lying is hypocritical. While I agree that Kiki should have told Franco the truth about Sonny and Carly, the ones who are ultimately to blame for this mess are Sonny, Carly and Franco. Had either of those giant turd blossoms given any semblance of a shit about right and wrong, this fuckery would have been over months ago.

BTW, Victor is not dead and neither is Stavros. Helena is not going to let anything happen to her crazy pretty-boy son or her very useful brother-in-law. Her comment to the contrary, the Cassidine men are alive.

I'll believe that if I see it, and if RKK and TP's scenery-gorging performances are any indication, I hope I never do again.

Why should it matter who Nathan's father is?

WE NEVER CARED.

I care. With all the crazy in Nathan's family already, the last thing he needs is a crazy daddy, but he should know who he is anyway. After all, forewarned is forearmed, especially if another Cassidine is involved.

I liked Naxie this week. Normally two people kissing over corpses would be offensive, depending on who they are, but since it was Pete Harrell Sr and Jr., I didn't give a fuck.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1