Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't really think Dr. Obrecht's ties to the Cassadines are that well-known either.  She's only mentioned them to Victor (natch), Britt, and Brad when she was threatening him with Helena's knife.

Edited by TeeVee329
And now that I'm actually thinking about it and not recoiling in horror at Ron yet again attempting to rework GH history, is he really going to make notLevi  turn out to be Peter's offspring who wanted to get revenge on Felicia, and also Frisco since Peter lost Felicia to him, by going after Maxie? Really? Way to be really random there, Ron. And what the hell does it matter anyway?

I'm sure Ron is patting himself on the back for another "great use of history."  

• Love 2

Mac behaved ridiculously accusing Frisco of planting a fake criminal in his daughters bed and risking her life for jewels he had access too most of his life. It was vile and beneath him, glad Felicia called him on it too. 

Mac forgets he himself went looking to get Frisco to tell him about Maxie's heart transplant and bring him home to his family. 

• Love 1

I loved the show yet again today .

I love that Danny loves animal natuire shows, that means he has something in common w/ his dad, which Sam should know. That part irked me.

Loved that they made Levi not Mac's or Jerry or anybody I actually care about.  Felicia's former fiance, sure, I still don't care about Levi.

Silas is a damn moron, and deserves anything Nina does to him from now on.  Girl just casually stands up...OMG miracle, to sex you up and you just stand there like a statue?  No alarm bells?  Seriously?  Sure she tried to play wobbly for a hot second, but she sure got it under control quick.  Those 2 sessions of PT have really been worth it.

Dude is too stupid to live, and I want my girl far away from him.   Loved her making Patrick shave.  Too funny.

I blocked everything else out.

• Love 1

I liked today's show and thought most of the scenes were understated and well done. I like that Mac, Felicia and Anna are being used in a story that makes sense for them to be in.

I still don't like Patrick, I find him arrogant and haughty but I can see why people would like him with Sam. I don't care for her either but they have good chemistry so I'm all for them as a couple.

I thought the scenes with Silas and Nina were really good. I thought the slightly crazy, but pulling out all the stops to get what she wants Nina was much more subtly crazy. I wish the story had started here instead of the OTT camp at the beginning. Seems pretty clear that Silas is attracted to his wife. She barely has had to manipulate anything to get right where she wants to be.

I found nothing, not one single thing to enjoy about today.

According to the closed-captioning, repulsive Sonny didn't appear to screw up any of this lines today. Sam and Patrick seemed to be happy for the first time in years. Felicia got to use some facial muscles that haven't been used for a while and it was either the camera or her face sort of froze after flea was snarling at Mac for accusing horrible dad of thievery.  We got to see another shade from the boredom spectrum from ME.  Anna referred to Dante and Nathan as her pets.  WSB references.  But the one thing that suck out for me today - Sonny Corinthos holding court in the center of the police department. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1

My ? Is Guza Jr going to stop acting like Lucas has no other family besides the contrived relationship with the Jerome's and Lulu? Its irking the hell out of me that him & Maxie haven't had one scene since KSt came back from maternity leave. Are they going to act like Lulu is the only one kidnapped to him so they don't have to acknowledge his closest relationship outside of Bobbie & Tony, Maxie(Deceased Georgie too). All cause it doesn't fit Ron's plot point happy ass.

• Love 3

I wish the story had started here instead of the OTT camp at the beginning. Seems pretty clear that Silas is attracted to his wife. She barely has had to manipulate anything to get right where she wants to be.

I agree with this. Silas must still care because he had not made an effort to divorce her while he thought she was in a 20-year coma.

As for Nina's character: there is plenty of drama to mine with a 20 year coma. Even her desire for a baby -- it makes sense if you look at her back story. But by adding the camp and ridiculous over-the-top antics, the writers lost what could have been interesting in theory. Nina could still be a schemer -- just not a foaming at the mouth one; it seems as if she had a bit of schemer in her before the coma.

She has missed the last 20 years of her life -- for her, she was pregnant yesterday, and in love with her husband yesterday. It has to be difficult for her to reconcile the fact that everything kept moving and she didn't. 

I don't know if playing it less campy means that Michelle Stafford was not hired -- I think she could actually do it with the right direction. But I suspect she is playing what they want from her.

• Love 2
Silas must still care because he had not made an effort to divorce her while he thought she was in a 20-year coma.

He did try, but Madeline refused him access to Nina. Then she moved Nina to another facility, so he didn't know where to send the papers. And then he thought she was dead, so it didn't matter.

Who in the fuck cares about Peter Harrell?

But isn't Ron so clever? He found a pointless character from way back to connect to a pointless character today.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
Silas is a damn moron

For once I actually will compare Silas and Patrick because I think they've both been written as stupid idiots about their wives. Otherwise Ron's idiotic plots cannot and would not work.

Silas has to not see the Nina's manipulations, if he did then we wouldn't get such romantic shots of him actually powering lifting her off to the bedroom.

And Patrick apparently is a blind wombat who has yet to put two and six together and figure out that Robin is actually in trouble/danger. I can actually give more of a pass to Silas, for what it's worth, for not thinking the Nina incapable of such acts of deceit, she's been in a coma for 20 years, it isn't as if she merely came back from a long coffee break while plotting his doom.

Patrick, however, has a wife who was just kidnapped and held against her will and yet somehow has found it in himself to think that a woman who's been through all Robin has would suddenly think being a doctor, the whole reason she was kept from her husband and beloved daughter for two years, would trump all else in her life, including raising her daughter.

Of course I can't say that I think they're the only ones being given lobotomies to make their shitty story lines work, that goes for every single character right now, as far as I;'m concerned. Tracy getting the worst treatment of all.. Ron has chosen to write these characters as bloody buffoons.

ETA:

Just like Sabrina and Juan

I'm waiting for the ball to drop on who Rosie is related to so her ass will have a "reason" to stick around even though she's already overstayed her welcome, imo.

I was so sure it was Micky, but now who knows. Maybe she thinks he's her dad but he really isn't and in a "shocking twist" as only Ron can do she'll end up being someone else's. Hey, what if she's Coleman's daughter? And now I've just disgusted myself...

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Who in the fuck cares about Peter Harrell?

And connecting him to some character from Frisco and Felicia's distant, DISTANT past doesn't make up for what a lousy character Levi is and what a terrible story this has been for Maxie thus far.

• Love 7

I fast-forwarded over any every scene with Freakco or Nina in them, and really enjoyed the show.  

I feel like im on the verge of acting like those Twilight fans when it comes to Samtrick. No thirty year-old dude should be EEEing over a tv couple.  And I loved Mac/Felicia/Anna.  

That said, if it wasnt for the internet,  I would have no idea that Scribner said "Peter Harrell", because I thought he said "ear narrow" and was completely confused.  Has this actor been taking pointers from Mo?  

I had no idea who this guy was so I looked him up on the GH wiki, and for now I am going to reserve judgment.  Because this is either going to monumentally lame, or a genuinely surprising story depending on what happens next.  

ETA: let's hope Nina stabs Si and then herself.  A murder/suicide is the perfect end to those two stupid dellusional mother fuckers.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

I have to believe the whole "Peter Harrell" ass-pull is some sort of last-minute change, because that's what it stinks of - no way would this be anybody's first idea. Either they think this is what they'll use to give Levi more time on the canvas, or they backed away from another idea for the same. Either way it's extremely feeble. It's probably the single most pointless past reference I have ever seen Ron Carlivati come up with, and that's considerable.

As long as he's not Sly Eckert I can tolerate almost anything. But oh my God, how stupid and pointless. Couldn't they have just said he was some sort of old relative of one of Mac's old pals from his criminal days? That would be fine.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Do they really think they can save one of the most hated character in years by making him some long-lost son of some character from a million years ago most of the audience has never heard of?

But again, as long as he's not related to Mac, I don't care who he's related to.  Small victories.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'll be honest: I have a fairly good memory; I remember when Feicia first came on the show. But I SWEAR, I do NOT remember any fiancé, ex-fiancé whatever of Felicia. I remember, Jack Slater, was it? The one who shot Tony, and who Anna was flirting and messing around with while she fenced the stuff he was giving her...before she found out that Robert was in town...showed up at the bar and said "Cheers?" Had Robert turn in shock and say "Anna?!"

And all the other good stuff with that storyline.

Ron is still a fuckstick.

I prefer Fuckwit. But Fuckstick also fits.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I'll be honest: I have a fairly good memory; I remember when Feicia first came on the show. But I SWEAR, I do NOT remember any fiancé, ex-fiancé whatever of Felicia. I remember, Jack Slade, was it? The one who shot Tony, and who Anna was flirting and messing around with while she fenced the stuff he was giving her...before she found out that Robert was in town...showed up at the bar and said "Cheers?" Had Robert turn in shock and say "Anna?!"

And all the other good stuff with that storyline.

I prefer Fuckwit. But Fuckstick also fits.

Felicia didn't mention Peter right away but admitted to Frisco that she had a fiance when they were hiding her in the pullman car (fall 84). 

Peter nearly killed Felicia in late 1984 when Robert, Holly, Luke, Sean and Frisco were all involved with trying to find the treasure. (That was Nov sweeps of 84 when after they saved Felicia, Laura announced she was pregnant with Lucky.) 

Peter came back in March 1985 just after Frisco and Felicia consummated their relationship and caused Tony to get shot by Slater. Peter disappeared after that though. It was assumed that he died because he was injured/sick. 

But I hate when Ron does this shit. Like Brad was randomly related to Kim from the Asian Quarter storyline. Seriously? Fuck off. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 2
But I hate when Ron does this shit. Like Brad was randomly related to Kim from the Asian Quarter storyline. Seriously? Fuck off.

I have a feeling Ron may soon start tweeting out #historymatters if people really begin ragging on him for all this reworking/tweaking/generally fucking up of GH history.

notLevi just needs to die/disappear, let that be the end of it. His being a conman and thief and all around assface was enough, he doesn't need to be connected to Maxie/Felicia/Frisco in any other way or capacity.

• Love 2

Silas is a damn moron, and deserves anything Nina does to him from now on.  Girl just casually stands up...OMG miracle, to sex you up and you just stand there like a statue?  No alarm bells...Dude is too stupid to live...

And according to the previews, Nina is in full cray-cray mode during afterglow, stabbing the bed with a dagger. Isn't it the female praying mantis who bites the head off the male after sex?

Silas has to not see the Nina's manipulations, if he did then we wouldn't get such romantic shots of him actually powering lifting her off to the bedroom.

This was my favorite UCG of the day.  Nina is almost as tall as Silas, and ME, God love him, doesn't look like he's seen the inside of a gym in about a decade.  I guess I'm proud of him for not toppling over?  That was some terrible direction.  I LOLed. 

Loved Sam and Patrick.  The show has overused their tear ducts of steel over the last several years, to the point that I forgot that both of them actually do fun, flirty and sparkly really well.  The last time I can remember Patrick being fun on a regular basis was circa 2006.  It's a good look for him.  He's got a really pretty smile.

Did not watch:  everything else

• Love 3

And connecting him to some character from Frisco and Felicia's distant, DISTANT past doesn't make up for what a lousy character Levi is and what a terrible story this has been for Maxie thus far.

Yes, but the character, who was engaged to Felicia, was looking for the Aztec treasure with her.  So I'm guessing he started dating/asked her to marry him, so he could get his hands on the treasure himself.  He obviously failed, and more then likely passed it on to his son.

Sam and Patrick were the only good thing about this show. As much as I want them to get together and save each other from Silas/Sabrina, the minute things turn romantic I'm sure Ron will find a way to ruin them.

What, you don't think the fact that Patrick is hitting on another woman when his divorce papers haven't even been drawn up yet, and when, as far as he knows, he was responsible for the death or her husband, the circumstances of which he has deliberately kept from her, isn't ruination enough?

• Love 2
Isn't it the female praying mantis who bites the head off the male after sex?

That is about as perfect a description of the Nina as I've come across. See, this is why she should be having sex with Sonny instead. Off with his head!

• Love 10

That is about as perfect a description of the Nina as I've come across. See, this is why she should be having sex with Sonny instead. Off with his head!

The only thing I'd change about your most excellent post is, in regard to Sonny, Off with BOTH his heads!  Not that it would be that big of a deal.....

• Love 4
I can't wait till Tammy the Hooker's daughter comes to town.

She already has. It's Rosalie!

tear ducts of steel

Perfect description. That would mean JJ had tear ducts of titanium. Hee.

I love that the sitter doesn't even have a name.

Watching Sam and Patrick today made me realize that Sabrina was really just a speed bump for him. She's so pointless.

Sonny's face when Franco told him to stay the hell away from Carly was a scream. I can't believe how juvenile all this is.

• Love 2

What, you don't think the fact that Patrick is hitting on another woman when his divorce papers haven't even been drawn up yet, and when, as far as he knows, he was responsible for the death or her husband, the circumstances of which he has deliberately kept from her, isn't ruination enough?

Not really, his wife (who he told his intentions to divorce her), said he was dead, and he wasn't the cause of said death.

• Love 2

Levi's connected to Peter Harrell?? Well, I mean it's perfect because Peter was gross and so is Levi. 

Ron is still a fuckstick.

It's also perfect because Peter Harrell was an easily forgettable character and, hopefully, Levi soon will be.

• Love 4

connecting him to some character from Frisco and Felicia's distant, DISTANT past

When Mac thought Frisco was involved with the Levi mess, Felicia herself said the history couldn't be more ancient. Unwitting writing or Ron trolling us?

You know Rosalie is related to someone. It's the Carlivati way. Watch her be Abby's sister, coming back to PC for revenge. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
The only thing I'd change about your most excellent post is, in regard to Sonny, Off with BOTH his heads!  Not that it would be that big of a deal.....

While it does turn my stomach to think about Sonny's shame shame, I'd be all for it. Heck, if Ava had been smart enough when Sonny pushed her to her knees she'd have bitten it off herself and left the little sad sack to bleed to death in the crypt.

I love that the sitter doesn't even have a name.

Watching Sam and Patrick today made me realize that Sabrina was really just a speed bump for him. She's so pointless.

Sonny's face when Franco told him to stay the hell away from Carly was a scream. I can't believe how juvenile all this isV

And apparently unnamed babysitter has no life of their own that they can just watch Ben for days on end. I guess that's why they have no name, they have no life.

Though that makes sense because that means they're probably the only babysitter they could find who would be lonely enough to listen to Lulu prattle on and on and on and on about birthin' babies and the like.

I wish Sabrina would become an actual speed bump. And really if she isn't there to stroke Patrick's douchestick of an ego, and the only other reason for a woman to function in PC is to be a mother and obsess about 'birthin babies when not pregnant, she serves no further purpose.

Maurice's face almost made me laugh at how bad it was. I mean the eyes...those eyes! How does someone film such scenes and then some other people look them over and actually deem them suitable for showing? I mean really? This is worse than a play from a group of six year olds.

• Love 3

Maurice's "I saw a ghost!" face has gotten worse and worse over the years, especially in big dramatic scenes. It is hysterical to watch.

I am already over Rewrite Rosalie. The Asian Quarter thing with Brad I liked - it made some sense, it wasn't trying to be some huge new lame B-story like this Levi shit. You can do more with it or not.

• Love 2

When Mac thought Frisco was involved with the Levi mess, Felicia herself said the history couldn't be more ancient. Unwitting writing or Ron trolling us?

You know Rosalie is related to someone. It's the Carlivati way. Watch her be Abby's sister, coming back to PC for revenge. 

The Carlivati way would have Rosalie related to Annie Logan, Diana Taylor, or Jackie Templeton. Ron's "knowledge" of GH is largely grounded in the 1978 to 1985 time period.

He knows not of this Tammy the Hooker. He probably doesn't know who Jagger even is.

• Love 1

Oh man, I watched today's on Hulu so it was the first time watching it in HD (I'm cheap and don't shell out for the HD channels), and it just made it worse! Not only was the show awful, but everything was so orange and shiny, and Jeezum Crow those Nina and Silas scenes just felt like a bad touch! Thank you Sam for telling Patrick to shave.  Oh Olivia, do you realize how dumb you sound when you start shrieking, "Yes, your wife has been kidnapped, but your son who is sleeping peacefully and being taken care of needs you more!!!". I'm pretty sure this Levi story has reached such epic levels of stupidity that my IQ has gone down from watching it.  Thanks a lot Ron.  I could have killed those brain cells with sweet lady alcohol and had a way better time than watching this crap play out.  

• Love 2

If Kiki and Rafe were living with Silas, why now that both have moved out, does Silas need to sleep on the sofa?

This so reminds me of Soapdish, when the soap made Cathy Moriarty the daughter of Sally Field.

I don't see how Carly can be Bobbie's daughter and Franco is Scotty's son.  Are they supposed to be in their 30s?

The Asian Quarter thing with Brad I liked - it made some sense, it wasn't trying to be some huge new lame B-story like this Levi shit. You can do more with it or not.

Oh, I'm convinced Ron's not done with that yet, he'll probably dig it up when it's time to give Lucas and Brad some fleeting angst.

I don't see how Carly can be Bobbie's daughter and Franco is Scotty's son.  Are they supposed to be in their 30s?

Their conceptions involve magic unicorns and a time machine. Sadly neither of which are available to me to make the stupid stop.

• Love 3

If Kiki and Rafe were living with Silas, why now that both have moved out, does Silas need to sleep on the sofa?

I was wondering about this too. And where does Rosalie live/sleep, isn't she pretty much a 24/7 attendant?

Rosalie will probably be a Cassadine in a way that makes no sense and is utterly pointless.  That is the Ron C. way.

I like Sam and Patrick very much but hate that the writers shit all over Robin for it.  Better writers wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

This was my favorite UCG of the day.  Nina is almost as tall as Silas, and ME, God love him, doesn't look like he's seen the inside of a gym in about a decade.  I guess I'm proud of him for not toppling over?  That was some terrible direction.  I LOLed. 

She could snap him in two with those gargantuan hands of hers.  I had to stop watching.  His boredom and her creepy grinning are just too painful.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3

I think she has an apartment nearby since Nina usually tells her to go home if she's not needed.

Yeah, Patrick and Sam do have chemistry but he just got divorced and she was in a serious relationship. Pace, writers! Of course they want the big Jason reveal to be him walking in on Samtrick in bed- how soapy!

• Love 1

I think she has an apartment nearby since Nina usually tells her to go home if she's not needed.

Yeah, Patrick and Sam do have chemistry but he just got divorced and she was in a serious relationship. Pace, writers! Of course they want the big Jason reveal to be him walking in on Samtrick in bed- how soapy!

As far as I'm concerned, it's only soapy if we don't know who chooses whom. And since the Holy Hitman will likely be played by a FV/RC favorite now, I STILL don't see Jason losing, so...yawn.

Not that it really bothers me since I was a Scrubs fan that was basically ground into dust for Sobby, and now I don't give a damn with the way it shook out; I feel nothing for Samtrick, and haven't watched GH since Scrubs reunited in that church and tuned out again - this time for good - once it was clear things were going to hell. So take it for what it is.

Exactly when did Silas and Nina officially reunite? I had no idea what she was talking about today and I watch every day. She was acting like it was already a fact of their life and he didn't seem to question it.

I did like Sam and Patrick at the Rib a lot. I don't care. They just work well and always have, even if the story is a big mess.

I do think Stafford and Easton have some chemistry at times, but that scene would've worked a lot better if she hadn't been two-handed worshipping his entire arm like it was the world's biggest dick. That was just weird.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8