Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I never liked Jax until he was paired with Carly, so I don't have a problem with Jax being the big bad in the kidney procurement.  This doesn't mean I want him thrown under the bus while Sonny's whitewashed.  I do like the idea, as suggested above, of Jax and Sonny both being involved.

And how stupid was Jax's explanation that the true kidney donor "might" be a tragic story?  How many babies/toddlers donate kidneys in a non-tragic way?  Give me a break.  Plus, could it be more tragic than what they originally believed?  The child of Carly's best friend, and the woman that everyone in town knows?

And I get that people are upset at the writing for Jax, but it's nothing knew.  How about a little anger at IR for going along with the BS?  He allows himself to be lured back each time.  He's part of the assassination of the character.

2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

And I get that people are upset at the writing for Jax, but it's nothing knew.  How about a little anger at IR for going along with the BS?  He allows himself to be lured back each time.  He's part of the assassination of the character.

*steps out of barge-dwelling lurkdom*

Speaking only for myself, that wouldn't be fair. I've never blamed Laura Wright for Carly being horrible, or Vanessa Marcil for Brenda getting more ridiculous with every return, or Bryan Craig for Morgan's...everything, or even little Nicolas Bechtel for Spencer's obnoxiousness. None of them write this crap. I have blamed the likes of Steve Burton, Tony Geary, and Maurice Benard for some of their characters' awfulness, but because I think they had a level of backstage clout that Ingo definitely does not. And, now, of course, those first two are gone and I think MB's control has been waning for years.

*goes back to lurking*

• Love 15
On August 1, 2016 at 8:07 PM, mybabyaidan said:

Best part of the episode, besides Dante tacking Sam, is whatever the hell Ava was doing in the background when Sam was out cold on the beach.   I think she was playing with a piece of grass.  But it's hilarious what little fucks she gives about her niece (and vice versa)

I completely and utterly forgot that they were related! How ridiculous is that? I really wish these damn writers would put some life into the peripheral family relationships on this show. It would give everything so much more context.

Edited by CompltelySweet
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

How about a little anger at IR for going along with the BS?  He allows himself to be lured back each time.  He's part of the assassination of the character.

I don't begrudge any actor picking up a paycheck if they so choose. 

And as far as this kidney donor thing, I still do not get why this is a mystery.  Aren't organ donors, unless it's like a family member or something, usually anonymous?  Why is this a mystery?  Maybe it'd be worth looking into if Joss was getting sick again, but she's fine.  And it's been dragging on FORRREEEEVVVERRR.  Just end it, please!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I have a feeling that with Luke's bracelet and earring being found, could Luke be far behind.

I dunno, Geary just put his LA house up for sale. I don't think he has any real interest in coming back. At least I hope not!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I have a feeling that with Luke's bracelet and earring being found, could Luke be far behind.

I am choosing to believe that this is the best death scene the current writers could give Luke, since the last ones wouldn't, and that he is now not just merely dead, but really most sincerely dead.

Please don't try to change my opinion. My fingers are in my ears, and I'm singing. Loudly. 

• Love 9

I think the Joss' kidney, Lulu/Stavros embryo, and other assorted unsolved mysteries will lead us back to Crition/Clark and the weird medical experiments Helena was funding there.  Nina was a patient there while she was in her coma.  I can believe that a desperate Jax would have turned to his brother Jerry to help him get a kidney for his dying baby.  Jerry had a relationship with Helena.  Jason and Stavros were frozen and defrosted there.  Lulu and Dante/Stavos' embryo was about to be implanted in Lulu there.  The mystery of who Nathan's father is ramped up and was dropped there.  Finally, I have hope that AJ and Georgie Sr. are still frozen waiting to be defrosted.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Aren't organ donors, unless it's like a family member or something, usually anonymous?  Why is this a mystery? 

My brother was a kidney donor, and it was up to the donee (a stranger) to decide whether she wanted to meet him. (She did.) Joss's donor is a mystery because everyone thought it was Jake, and it turned out not to be. I think curiosity isn't unwarranted. I do wish the show had an organ donor PDA after it, though. We had to sit through those seriously clunky mentions of Shriners Hospital for Children when Spencer had his scratch. 

• Love 5

I get that the Jake switcheroo is hinky, but what is Carly's endgame in "solving the case"?  Again, if they needed to know medical information about the donor because Joss was ill, that I could wrap my head around.  But is Joss is fine, she's been fine FOR YEARS.  So what is the point of this?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...why is LUCY!!!!!!!!! talking to Dillon of all people?

I'm looking forward to it tbh. It's so weird that I like it. And maybe Lucy can further redeem herself from the bullshit where she sided with Nik over the Qs.

What the ever loving fuck with the Nina/Valetin thing? I shuddered.

I am so not here for the stuff that it appears is coming. Sam being pregnant, a Lulu/Stavros kid, Luke possibly making an appearance, Jax being fucked over for Sonny yet again. No to all of it.

• Love 5

There's always a chance that something will happen with her kidney so I think it would be good to have a medical history on the donor. They don't need the name, which is what Carly wants. But some medical history can't hurt.

Other than that, it's just a way to pit Sonny and Jax against each other again. :(

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 2

I genuinely think the story is a decent idea. It hasn't gotten off to the greatest start, and there's no doubt whatsoever the conclusion will be lamer than lame, but given that Jake turned out not to be the donor, Carly wanting to know who was is legit. Why is she doing it? What else does she have to do? I think this story is as good as any for her. I'd rather see her working on this than sticking her nose into Morgan and Michael's love lives.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I miss evil little Joss.  Sigh.

That is the child Carly deserves.

You know the writing on a show sucks when you have zero cares to give that an evil Cassadine is going to menace a child.  Seriously, Show.  I could not care less.

Do these writers want to piss off their remaining viewers? Who are they writing this for?

I ask myself that everyday.

• Love 6

Apparently RoHo and MSt have different acting styles (whatever) and asked to end Franco and Nina, which is why Elizabeth is stuck with a serial killing rapist and Nina just oozed all over Valentine.  FV has no issues bringing on newbie characters like Valentine for newbie pets like Nina, while Elizabeth is stuck with pond scum.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Apparently RoHo and MSt have different acting styles (whatever) and asked to end Franco and Nina, which is why Elizabeth is stuck with a serial killing rapist and Nina just oozed all over Valentine.  FV has no issues bringing on newbie characters like Valentine for newbie pets like Nina, while Elizabeth is stuck with pond scum.

Is this a case of "what Nina wants, Nina gets" then?  

As for Nina oozing, hasn't she doing that for a few weeks around any attractive male without hormonal range? 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So they introduce a Big Bad Cassadine villain and their first priority is having him fuck Nina?  Ooookkkayyyyy?  The whole thing reminded me of Stavros/Lucien Cain and Chloe Morgan.  Maybe he'll end up leaping out from behind some curtains and strangling Nina?

And the Cassadine Island story comes to a completely anticlimactic end, after poor Kevin spent another episode stuck behind a rock.

Shut up with this throwing Jax under the bus, Show.

I think having some man - any man - fucking Nina had become a priority.  Woman was prowling and howling all around PC.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Interesting because he said in his SOD interview that they worked really well together and admires her 'spontaneity and commitment.'  He thinks the characters have a rich history and hopes the writers don't just throw it away.

• Love 1

Nina & Valentin-----gag

Jax----heart palpations

Sonny----go home and drink tea with your weird son

Hope someone remembers to make sure Kevin isn't left behind, sleeping on the rocks.

Ava---stfu

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Aurora2 said:

Is this a case of "what Nina wants, Nina gets" then?  

As for Nina oozing, hasn't she doing that for a few weeks around any attractive male without hormonal range? 

I think having some man - any man - fucking Nina had become a priority.  Woman was prowling and howling all around PC.

Pair her with Sonny, then we can fast forward the two of them at once.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Interesting because he said in his SOD interview that they worked really well together and admires her 'spontaneity and commitment.'  He thinks the characters have a rich history and hopes the writers don't just throw it away.

I know, but it is still rather suspicious that the show ended Franco and Nina and brought on Valentine who could have been paired with Elizabeth.  I just want Elizabeth and her boys away from all things Franco.  

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam: We're all excited to see our kids.

Dante: Amen to that. 

Jason: Kids?

28 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

I am so glad this CI mess is over.  What a clusterfuck.

It really was. The "rescue" was pathetic. 

Morgan's reaction when Kristina said she didn't know Sonny grew up with lots of gay people was hilarious: "Hm." Like he didn't want to burst her bubble. Hee.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Morgan's reaction when Kristina said she didn't know Sonny grew up with lots of gay people was hilarious: "Hm." Like he didn't want to burst her bubble. Hee.

I expected him to say  "Kristina, the most important thing they taught me in the institution was that our father is full of shit and to NEVER trust one word that comes out of his mouth.  The sooner you accept that fact the better off you will be. ".

• Love 16

When Jason explained how he survived the plane crash all I heard was "blah blah blah blah blah" a la the teachers in the old Peanuts cartoons.  I mean, it's not like Jason can actually get hurt--he'd have to be human for that...

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

To be fair to Jason, his kids come off a wee bit creepy sometimes.

Hahaha, yeah, I don't know HOW that happened with the castings for both Jake and Danny. A weird coincidence, I guess.

• Love 2

How about a little anger at IR for going along with the BS?

This shows how much it influences my thinking that actors are referred to by initials on soap boards: I had to back up and think, "Wait. Ingo has some kind of relationship with Brytni Sarpi that influenced his decision to come back?" 

Michelle Stafford is intolerable when she uses that purring, syrupy voice.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I get that the Jake switcheroo is hinky, but what is Carly's endgame in "solving the case"?  Again, if they needed to know medical information about the donor because Joss was ill, that I could wrap my head around.  But is Joss is fine, she's been fine FOR YEARS.  So what is the point of this?

Because Carly is bored in her marriage to Sonny and divorcing him now will just be laughable.   Whomever will Carly love?  

Oh that's right.  AJ, the man he killed and she covered up.  Revel in your boredom, Caroline.  You had a way out.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

To be fair to Jason, his kids come off a wee bit creepy sometimes.

Danny is not creepy! 

Seriously tho I haven't seen the show in months, is Danny creepy? 

• Love 4

LMAOOOO this show is hilarious:

BM explaining how Jason survived the crash.

The recuse and the lame conclusion of this piece of shit "Cassadine" story.

Spencer being on screen for 90 seconds.

Kristina claiming to be in love with that woman.

Nina and Valentine randomly having sex.

The writers throwing Jax under the bus for no reason and not even bothering to try and hide it.

What the fuck is this shit?

• Love 15

BM explaining how Jason survived the crash.

!!!!! This was the best part. The delivery from both BM/ER was "What is life? Why are we actors?"

Jason: I came to, half way in a pond, which let me tell ya, tastes pretty bad. But I'm lucky bc if I was face down, that would have been it.

Lulu: It's amazing that you survived.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 8

I legit cannot tell whether the story arcs are so terrible that the dialogue writers can't make them any better - or whether the scriptwriters are making terrible story arcs even worse due to incredible incompetence 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

"Let's start a signal fire."

Me: Because clearly a burning jet won't alert anyone that there's a problem.

"And Dante! Pick up every stick you can find! And cook Carly breakfast and serve it to her in bed! You only brought 50 sticks? We said ALL the sticks!"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I legit cannot tell whether the story arcs are so terrible that the dialogue writers can't make them any better - or whether the scriptwriters are making terrible story arcs even worse due to incredible incompetence 

Six of one, half dozen of the other. The result is still the same!

• Love 5

I haven't watched an actual episode of this piece of crap show in 3 weeks. I have been following it on Twitter but honestly, I'm even sick of that. I took it off the DVR a while back then put it back on when Jasam first went looking for Nic but I took it off again yesterday. I'm a Nielsen family, and I just CANNOT be bothered any longer. I really feel like we're all being punked, because what jackhole could look at this show in its current form and truly think ANY of what's happening is good storytelling. Frank is just the worst, I mean the absolute WORST. I thought Ellen Wheeler as a showrunner was the bottom of the barrel but Frank has managed to spork his way through to the God awful toxic earth below. I wish the Mouse House would just fuckin put this show out of its, and our, misery already.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Michelle Stafford is intolerable.  when she uses that purring, syrupy voice.  

Fixed that for you.

Does she honestly think her acting choices are anything but utterly ridiculous? What kind of strange hellish stick-leg yoga was she doing while sitting in the chair in the hotel room? Who sits like that? Her entire seductress routine made my skin crawl.    James Patrick Stuart can chew scenery with the best of them, but I felt badly for him having to try and make that scene look sexy.

• Love 15

That whole Nina/Valentin scene was just weird. From the moment they saw each other, they both played it as if they knew each other. I was very confused. And then she practically spread her legs for him the second she sat in the chair. I mean, sure he's good looking and I'd do him <G>, and I know she's horny (when is she NOT?) but I thought she was going to devour him whole!

• Love 5

A quick theory about why Lucy is talking to Dillon about him needing privacy in the previews for today.  I think, because she's broke thanks to Rebecca Budig's stupid dad, she's either a) trying to get him to buy/sublet...wherever the hell she's supposed to live or b) is buttering him to try and get a job at Crimson.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

That whole Nina/Valentin scene was just weird. From the moment they saw each other, they both played it as if they knew each other. I was very confused. And then she practically spread her legs for him the second she sat in the chair. I mean, sure he's good looking and I'd do him <G>, and I know she's horny (when is she NOT?) but I thought she was going to devour him whole!

Thanks for pointing that scene out, because it was unbelievably nasty and gross.  Silas, Ric, Franco, Curtis, Dillon, Julian and Valentin have all been thrown at Nina in the last two years and she is still not needed on this show.

• Love 13