Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Never saw the first go round with Spinelli.  not enjoying this one.  It's like a overly sexualized Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.  Like Walowitz and Sheldon merged.  And that's not a good thing.

Maxie is looking very good lately.

Ava wants Silas and Kiki to raise Avery.  OK.  Completely unfair to both Kiki and Silas.  She's a selfish mofo just like Sonny.

Carlos only wanted Julian to drop the custody because of Sabrina.  Cannot stand Sabrina.  And while Sabrina might have lost her job at GH, she didn't lose her nursing license.  So she could do private duty, work at Mercy or move somewhere else for a job.  But she's going to be a nanny?  OK, sure.  If Michael had positioned it that it's temporary while she's waiting for the clinic to open, maybe maybe I could buy it.  But this, is insulting.  And I am not a fan of Sabrina.

Where's Rosalie? 

The shoot out on the docks was lame.  1 henchman on each side got winged.  When Anna broke up the fight, Julian and Carlos just leave their Canadian bacon boxes?  Is Anna calling PC's finest to come collect?  How come we don't hear Duke whining about how Anna doesn't bust Julian?

Kiki.  Blech.  The freaking Monopoly scene was pathetic.  I guess she has no friends outside of Morgan, her sweetie.  Where is Morgan living these days?  At Carly's?   Where's Avery's pillowcase blanket?  Kiki made such a huge deal about it.  Sonny tossed it on a chair.  Never to be seen again.

So there's 2 loony bins in PC and both have crappy security.  Luke on the loose.  Maybe he'll kidnap new Kiki and be off screen for a few months.

Liked Maxie's crack about Shady Brook. 

Guess that's Sloane dropping the towel in front of Anna.  Skinny hairy legs.  Kinda reminds me of that creepy guy in the Trivago commercials.  Ich.

• Love 3

Never saw the first go round with Spinelli. not enjoying this one. It's like a overly sexualized Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. Like Walowitz and Sheldon merged. And that's not a good thing.

Maxie is looking very good lately.

Ava wants Silas and Kiki to raise Avery. OK. Completely unfair to both Kiki and Silas. She's a selfish mofo just like Sonny.

Carlos only wanted Julian to drop the custody because of Sabrina. Cannot stand Sabrina. And while Sabrina might have lost her job at GH, she didn't lose her nursing license. So she could do private duty, work at Mercy or move somewhere else for a job. But she's going to be a nanny? OK, sure. If Michael had positioned it that it's temporary while she's waiting for the clinic to open, maybe maybe I could buy it. But this, is insulting. And I am not a fan of Sabrina.

Where's Rosalie?

The shoot out on the docks was lame. 1 henchman on each side got winged. When Anna broke up the fight, Julian and Carlos just leave their Canadian bacon boxes? Is Anna calling PC's finest to come collect? How come we don't hear Duke whining about how Anna doesn't bust Julian?

Kiki. Blech. The freaking Monopoly scene was pathetic. I guess she has no friends outside of Morgan, her sweetie. Where is Morgan living these days? At Carly's? Where's Avery's pillowcase blanket? Kiki made such a huge deal about it. Sonny tossed it on a chair. Never to be seen again.

So there's 2 loony bins in PC and both have crappy security. Luke on the loose. Maybe he'll kill new Kiki and be off screen for a few months.

Liked Maxie's crack about Shady Brook.

Guess that's Sloane dropping the towel in front of Anna. Skinny hairy legs. Kinda reminds me of that creepy guy in the Trivago commercials. Ich.

Fixed what Luke does to Kiki for you Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

Still love Michael. I feel like Michael has held Avery more in the past couple days than Sonny would in a year. I am not sure I remember Sonny holding any of his kids, minus a couple seconds before handing the kid off to a Nanny.

I remember Jason holding baby/toddler Michael, and from clips I've seen didn't Jason and Sonny's blonde sister take care of baby Morgan while Carly was in a coma, or institution or something? Maybe Sonny held Morgan when he was older. Don't recall how old Kristina was when Sonny found out she was his. 

I didn't think that Michael could get any hotter than his Sonny smackdown, but he has been rocking it with the business attire while holding Avery. Hot damn. Maybe that's why I like him and Sabrina- they are so sparkly with Avery.

Shut up, stupid mooch. I didn't think Kiki could get any worse, now we have a shrieky girl who is team man boobs without realizing she's fighting for the piece of shit that tried to kill her mom. At least Michael called her out for being a hypocrite- I just wish he talked about how Sonny tried to murder her mom and he saved her.

Duke is going to kill Jordan? I hope she drop kicks him in the face. He used to be so likable until this Sonny nonsense.

FFed through the Jakeson crap, but I could still see that bitch face of Liz's. He's not even your boyfriend! At least Patrick and Sam are an item.

• Love 10

I didn't think that Michael could get any hotter than his Sonny smackdown, but he has been rocking it with the business attire while holding Avery. Hot damn. Maybe that's why I like him and Sabrina- they are so sparkly with Avery.

Shut up, stupid mooch. I didn't think Kiki could get any worse, now we have a shrieky girl who is team man boobs without realizing she's fighting for the piece of shit that tried to kill her mom. At least Michael called her out for being a hypocrite- I just wish he talked about how Sonny tried to murder her mom and he saved her.

Duke is going to kill Jordan? I hope she drop kicks him in the face. He used to be so likable until this Sonny nonsense.

FFed through the Jakeson crap, but I could still see that bitch face of Liz's. He's not even your boyfriend! At least Patrick and Sam are an item.

Michael has brought up how he saved Ava from Sonny. Kiki stood there silent and dumblooking

• Love 4

Jason and Robin held Michael a lot. During the cottage years the both had the worst hair. Jason's was shaped like a helmet. How bad their hair was represented how much I hated the story.

I don't remember Sonny every really caring for Michael. Or Morgan for that matter. I think after Morgan was born it was Jason and the worst charcter ever who cared for him. I don't recall Sonny ever caring for him either. I mean I'm sure their were a couple of scenes where Sonny would hold the baby for a scene while Carly would gaze from the staircase about how Sonny was the bestest but other than that he was not hands on

Ugh now I cannot forget the hair.

• Love 2

Bullshit, Spinelli.  So he thinks he sees Jason and says it was because of the teeshirt.  What crap.  Time for Spinelli to admit he recognized Jake as Jason because of his butt.  I saw where his eyes went and it wasn't to his...teeshirt.

It was so odd today, watching Snarly being nice to Spinelli.  She's a horror to almost everyone, but for some reason she likes this crazed escapee from Ratatouille.  All that was missing from those adorable scenes was Ephipany bellowing her way into the conversation, and, of course, Patrick coming over and just SPARKLING all over everyone.

It's been a long time since I've seen something on Show as funny as Duke, dressed like Mr. French in Family Affair, coming in to see Sonny.  And then, the first thing out of the Moob Boss' mouth to his Head Moobster is....a lament about his absent girl child.  Not about the shootout, or the cops, but about his baby.  Sonny should really be in the Mary Worth comic, or at least be having his heart-to-hearts in Apartment 3G.  I wonder if he and Duke and Shawn are going to be having a pajama party soon, so they can talk about boys and play records.  Even Mean Girls gotta have fun.

So now we know for sure.  Kiki wasn't just an awful character because she was portrayed by Mrs. Potato Head, she's just as awful character.  I don't appreciate ANYONE making me feel kindly to Sabrina, but she did.  Telling Michael to "stop saying that word" - murder - just proves what a balloon animal brain she really has.  Nice to see that Julian continues to be as self-absorbed by his own awesomeness. I never did buy him giving a crap about Ava - and to be fair, I don't really blame him - but he also couldn't care LESS about Kiki or Avery.  And why should he, when he has Crazy Carlos in all his hairy hot madness there, grinning about  killing Duke?  Say what you will about Carlos, I bet he gets good employee evaluations, because he IS enthusiastic about his job!

There is no reason for Shawn to exist any longer.  Time for Jordan to stick a pin in that roided gasbag and deflate him.

Did Sonny even know where Avery's diapers were kept?

No, but he knew where the takeout menus were.  Priorities!

Edited by boes
  • Love 12

TigerLynx:

A mob war and a custody battle which has overlapping characters.  {face palm} 

See, now this is "love in the afternoon", right?

I'm so sorry this show is moving right back into mob territory after it was purged of so much of it. Wonder who stepped in & said "we need more mob"? ...and for heaven's sake, WHY?

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 12

I don't think anyone would comment on Spencer's speech problems if RC wasn't giving him lines and lines of ridiculously OTT dialogue. So, I'm with ulkis and Fylaki, it's really gross that RC is using this kid the way he is.

Some people have speech impediments, especially as children--why not Spencer? I don't think it's gross that an actor with a bit of one (honestly, I never noticed it until it kept being brought up here) has a lot of dialogue. Heck, I think it's cool that the writers don't seem to view a speech impediment as a disability of any sort and give Spencer lots of complicated dialogue. They love that kid's acting--they certainly aren't trying to make fun of him.

And I'd be sad if Spencer stopped calling Nikolas "Father." Totally believable for a very upper class kid to me. Doesn't mean I care much about Spencer, and especially not his love triangle, but I find the character believable.

• Love 3

I kinda like Spencer and I loved the HUGE smile he had on his face when he ran back into the burning room for his present. You could tell he was having a blast.

I wish the kids had more age appropriate stories and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing much less of them but I don't dislike any of them

Edited by Oracle42

Why can't Spencer get a pet? He could get a big fluffy purebred rare exotic something and talk to it constantly.

I vote for an anaconda.  Fully grown.  Something Spencer can hug a LOT.   And sleep with.  And, as kids do, forget to feed.  

It would be all sorts of Lunchables cute to hear the delighful little voice of his come out all muffled from when he's inside the anaconda's digestive tract.  I can hear "Fattha, Fattha, thews a townie in heaa with me".

I love a nice children's story.

• Love 13

As long as no one sings Nikki Minaj. They can't do it. I can't deal. And no using The Snake as a prop for a Britney Spears dance either. We need to cover all of our bases now.

Just get him a big dumpster cat named Oliver and make Nik be like "Look you two have scars. Love him." Or better yet, a lion cub named Scar. We've all seen the Lion King.

• Love 1

Speaking of Spencer, quick question... Has Nikolas at any point told him to stop calling Cam townie? I imagine the TPTB find it charming but I would think Nikolas would want his kid to a positive relationship with his cousins. Also calling someone a townie is pretty darn rude. Something else I would assume Nikolas wouldn't be okay with.

Spencer would be fine in small doses but there are too many kids on this show. And they can't reduce baby AJs screen time; she's one of their best actors.

• Love 2

Some people have speech impediments, especially as children--why not Spencer? I don't think it's gross that an actor with a bit of one (honestly, I never noticed it until it kept being brought up here) has a lot of dialogue. Heck, I think it's cool that the writers don't seem to view a speech impediment as a disability of any sort and give Spencer lots of complicated dialogue. They love that kid's acting--they certainly aren't trying to make fun of him.

No child should be getting the type or amount of dialogue Spencer is getting IMO. It's gross and stupid. Add in the fact that he is simply not capable of pulling it off and it's just embarrassing. But then again, MB can't pull off his dialogue either so. And I don't think they mean to be making fun of him but more so because they're just too far up their own asses to really see what they write and how it comes off.

I'm ready for this ABC Family mob war to be wrapped up.

ABC Family Mob War should be added to the tshirt list.

Anna is being kind of unfeeling but I understand that more than Jordan's stupidity. Like what did she think being undercover in the mob world was gonna entail? She's so annoying now. I blame Shawn.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Truthfully Silas would better raising Avery than Sonny Julian and Ava(Mob) Kiki and Morgan(Morons) and even Micheal(family of Mob)

L:ike how well Silas did when he got custody of Rafe ?

• Love 4
I don't think anyone would comment on Spencer's speech problems if RC wasn't giving him lines and lines of ridiculously OTT dialogue. So, I'm with ulkis and Fylaki, it's really gross that RC is using this kid the way he is.

And I'd be sad if Spencer stopped calling Nikolas "Father." Totally believable for a very upper class kid to me. Doesn't mean I care much about Spencer, and especially not his love triangle, but I find the character believable.

I don't think Ron is making fun of him, but I think he's probably watching Spencer lisp out stuff like "Baby Come Back, you can blame it all on me!" and thinking it is so cute and funny that he's saying all this in his cute little kid voice. And it's not that he has a lot of dialogue, it's that he has a lot of dialogue that sounds like it's coming from a 50 year old man who only references pop culture from the 70s and 80s.

I don't mind Spencer saying "father" though. That's nice and a throwback to teen Nik.

Speaking of Spencer, quick question... Has Nikolas at any point told him to stop calling Cam townie? I imagine the TPTB find it charming but I would think Nikolas would want his kid to a positive relationship with his cousins. Also calling someone a townie is pretty darn rude. Something else I would assume Nikolas wouldn't be okay with.

No, he hasn't, as far as I remember.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
Whether Jason is Jason Morgan or Quartermaine, I am pretty sure he will never be shed of Carly.

I wish they'd show Jake being more leery of Carly. This crazy lady barges into his life and starts arranging things for him. At least Liz was his nurse, so there was a tiny bit of foundation before she got possessive.

Ava wants Silas and Kiki to raise Avery.  OK.  Completely unfair to both Kiki and Silas.  She's a selfish mofo just like Sonny.

I liked that Silas pointed out what an enormous amount of work it would be for Lauren to raise Avery. It was also pretty presumptuous of Ava to assume Silas (and Julian, for that matter) would be happy to foot the bill for Avery's upbringing. I hated Ava saying that Silas raising Avery would make up for him not raising Lauren. Uh, who's fault was that, Ava? There's so much wrong with that justification.

Where's Rosalie?

Next week. Zzzzzzzz.

• Love 2
And Ava is disgusting. Bitching about the baby being called 'AJ'? Die already.

Well, if I was on the run and found out that my baby was renamed for a guy who came thisclose to strangling me , I probably wouldn't be too enthused about it either.  Even if I had framed him for murder first. And watched him be murdered after.  

I don't even remember who shot her (Carrrlos?) but I'd hold less of a grudge over a failed shooting attempted murder than a failed strangling attempted murder.  

I think the baby's fussiness is from always being awkwardly held facing forward, which makes everybody holding her look completely incompetent.  Hopefully she'll have enough head strength soon to be hiked up so that she can face their bodies and turn her head to show that adorable face.  But in the meantime, as adorable as she is, everything would be more natural if she were able to nestle against their chests/chins (and watch mom off screen that way).

• Love 2

Spinelli is awful. When he was suppose to be 20ish it was somewhat tolerable. Way less so now.

I've said this before, but for me, it's all that use of FALSETTO from a grown man, as if it were 'cute' -- it isn't -- it makes me want to turn off the TV when I hear this character.  There IS a way to make Spinelli more palatable, and it's to cut that constant use of falsetto that you hear when a spoiled, emotional 10 year old is acting up and all the extra hand waving.  It's repulsive to see it coming out of someone who is supposed to be a grown up male.

Someone ought to draw this to Bradford Anderson's attention.  NOT cute at all.

• Love 4

I find it weird that Michael calls Avery AJ to be honest. "Hey sis, I nicknamed you after my murdered father. His life sucked and he hated your biological father." If I were Avery I'd find it a tad creepy.

Michael should save the name for when he has his own child.

• Love 5

I find it weird that Michael calls Avery AJ to be honest. "Hey sis, I nicknamed you after my murdered father. His life sucked and he hated your biological father." If I were Avery I'd find it a tad creepy.

Michael should save the name for when he has his own child.

It IS a bit weird, I agree.  But I will treasure forever the priceless looks on Sonny's and Carly's faces when he announced that he was going to call her that, so I'll "soapy handwave" it.

• Love 15

Is Rosalie going to be Ava's bone marrow match?

How much bone marrow could one get out of a baby, anyway?  I've heard of families having more kids to save another child with cancer, but not an adult.

• Love 1

It IS a bit weird, I agree.  But I will treasure forever the priceless looks on Sonny's and Carly's faces when he announced that he was going to call her that, so I'll "soapy handwave" it.

I appreciated that line at Sonny and Carly's house, but keeping on doing it is a tad bit weird. Anyway, I'm still calling her Avery because it's a) nicer imo and b) a tad bit confusing. And I'm a lazy person ;) And she'll probably go to Morgan and he'll end up calling her "Avey" or "Avery-ey" because it's Morgan and he won't ever drop the fucking Mikey nickname even though I like cry every time he does it. 

• Love 6
I've heard of families having more kids to save another child with cancer, but not an adult.

Yeah, that's kind of wonky. But I guess it's possible that Avery could save Ava. More likely there's a secret relative out there who will do it. Oh, the suspense is killing me.

Not one iota.

• Love 2

I appreciated that line at Sonny and Carly's house, but keeping on doing it is a tad bit weird. Anyway, I'm still calling her Avery because it's a) nicer imo and b) a tad bit confusing. And I'm a lazy person ;) And she'll probably go to Morgan and he'll end up calling her "Avey" or "Avery-ey" because it's Morgan and he won't ever drop the fucking Mikey nickname even though I like cry every time he does it. 

It is a bit confusing, I agree (reading recaps the past few days has slightly thrown me off).  And I like the name Avery.  But I would love to see Sonny at some point somehow forced to begrudgingly spit out the words, "My daughter AJ," hee.

• Love 5

While I loved "I'll call her AJ" for pure twist the knife as hard as possible reasons, I really wish Michael wasn't going through with it. The main, completely out of storyline reason is because AJ Q is stuck in a Cassadine hospital somewhere and is going to need that name someday. In storyline, kid's been bounced around her entire life and already had her name changed once. It would be nice if Michael was trying hard to provide her with some feeling of permanence and familiarity in the midst of all of the turmoil rather than just adding to it in unnecessary ways. 

• Love 3

LOL!  My apologies.  But, I gotta admit I like Silas with Ava.  And I say this as someone who really disliked McBain on OLTL and found Silas dull as dishwater with both Sam and Nina.  But, yeah, I like ME and MW together, and Silas and Ava.  Must be the Maura West Effect.

She is a miracle worker, I can agree on that. But for reasons both shallow and non-shallow, I just don't like him at all. And I really hate how they're going to ignore everything about him to make a romance work, simply because she is a miracle worker and makes his character more interesting whenever he's around her.

• Love 2

Well, we know the Corinthos family won't be playing Sorry.

I want to see Morgan struggling to play Candy Land.

I'm pretty sure if someone asked poor Morgan to play Trivial Pursuit, he wouldn't know what "Trivial" or "Pursuit" meant. Maybe Pictionary is the game for Morgan?

Apples to Apples.  I wouldn't suggest "Cards Against Humanity" because  TFGH is a crime against humanity in and of itself.

So, when AJ comes back will it be Baby AJ and Fat, Drunk AJ?

And it will have Cable.

• Love 5

And yet another woman moves an amnesiac with a capacity for violence she barely knows into her home with her underage child.  If Carly wants to help Jake(son), why not just stick him in a room at the Metro Court?  I'm rooting for Joss' booby traps.

Good on Liz for a) saying that Avery is safer with Michael and b) finally womaning up and admitting to Ric that she has feelings for Jake(son).

So on top of his other asshole-ish behavior of late, Duke is a bit sexist as well.  Charming!

Cliffhanger...Jake(son) and Sonny meet!  I couldn't care less!

• Love 8

NuSloane trying to be seductive toward Anna is all kinds of skeevy. *Shudder*

Carly came off like an actual human with a fair criticism of Liz, while crediting Liz for saving Josslyn's life. I think I'm gonna fall over from shock. Had to laugh at Carly saying "I'm with Sonny" like it's something to be proud of. I like Jake asking if she's jealous of Liz. Sonny's "duh" face at the end there is also funny, but the idea of 'Jake' living with Carly gets a "HELL no!" from me. Run from this mess now, Liz! Of course she won't, though. I could swear MB looks smaller facing BM than he did with SBu.

"I'm not gonna hand you over to Jake."  Oh goody let's watch Ric go on a spiral because he got dumped by his "great love." Watch out, Liz. 

Sam looks gorgeous in just a plain blue top. Ooh, Daddy picks up on something re: Jake....yawn. Fix your hair, Julian. It is distracting.

• Love 4

Since Sloan dropped his pants for Anna, will he be emailing her penis selfies soon?

If he does, I hope he has more to show than Terrence Howard.

And NutmegsDad, I love Cards Against Humanity!

• Love 2

Wow. Billy Miller even did the studly "Sup, bro" pose as he opened the door for Sonny. Does it burn? Does it burn? Because I saw sparkles. Dude, I've never had brain surgery, but various abdominal and chest surgeries. I've never kept the bandages on that long. Unless Carly is actually changing it.

So, Carlos will kill Duke or will Duke set Jordan up to get killed by Julian and Carlos? You old fool! Julian and Jordan have been secret banging for months!

• Love 1
If Carly wants to help Jake(son), why not just stick him in a room at the Metro Court?

That was mentioned yesterday. I think Olivia was nervous that guests wouldn't want someone known to be working for the mob staying in the hotel. Or something along those lines. 

Carly came off like an actual human with a fair criticism of Liz, while crediting Liz for saving Josslyn's life.

That's been her SOP ever since the transplant. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Carly talking about Buffy/Angel had me rolling. Wtf was she talking about.

I assume that line about a TV show was originally meant for Lucas.

And keep Buffy and Angel out of it, Carls!

• Love 1

Oh you know Carly thinks shes Carrie Bradshaw and Sonny is Mr. Big.

No. NO. And as annoying as I found Carrie, I'd still take two of her over one Carly. (Miranda and Steve were my faves, anyway.)

• Love 5

That was mentioned yesterday. I think Olivia was nervous that guests wouldn't want someone known to be working for the mob staying in the hotel. Or something along those lines.

But a known mobster who got away with murder can do business out of the hotel?

• Love 6

The last couple of days are the first times I've warmed up to Jake/ BM.  The looks on his face while Carly was laughingly discussing her sociopath of a daughter were fantastic. He seemed to be thinking "I know I almost blew up half the town because I had a chip in my brain, but your girl sounds dangerous even to me."  Plus, I've finally started to see the cuteness.  And then he goes and apologizes to Sonny, and I was all... boo.  Would everyone please stop apologizing to Sonny?!?!?!?  Y'all are killing me (characters, not you lovely folks).

I'm pretty sure that Nik has talked to Spencer about not being a pretentious jerk to Cam (and the staff), but I don't remember him specifically telling him not to say townie.  I don't think Nik has been too forceful with it, and I'm pretty sure that Spencer hasn't really taken any of it in.  

• Love 2