Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And how is taking the iPad away from her like she's some kind of child going to get her in trouble? She wanted to see her baby. I'm surprised she didn't scalpel him from the bed. You don't mess with a Mama Bear like that.

It was upsetting her.  I actually think he shouldn't have given her any info for awhile, knowing (as he probably did) that she would become frantic and try to leave, when she is not well enough and would most likely be arrested.  

I, too, do not understand how taking someone's iPad would get them in trouble, so I can't answer that question. 

I think he was just trying to get her to calm down, as getting agitated doesn't really help anything, and certainly stress is not good for the healing process.  *shrugs*  And he was proven right when she got out of bed and fell, trying to get to a phone.  Ava charging into PC isn't going to help Avery or herself.  

Healthcare professionals often act paternally (or maternally) with patients, when it's in the patient's interest to do so, and/or the patient is agitated.  I guess it didn't bother me because I've worked in hospitals.

The memorial preview tommorow looks cheesy. Was that a bar? Ava drank at the penthouse, well she drank everywhere to be honest. Good choice, Keeks. You done good.

I hate it that Hulu doesn't show the previews!  Are they available somewhere else besides TV?

• Love 3
(edited)

Silas admitted he still loved her basically. He's risking his career and freedom for her. The least she can do is chill out.

I think the previews are on you tube. It's the memorial and Sonny getting all rawr telling someone "You wanna make an enemy outta me?!" Paraphrasing that.

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 1

Silas wasn't a jerk at all. He's taking care of Ava and not doing something stupid like take Avery and run, which will lead her back to prison. She put herself in this position by killing someone- now she's crying and panicking.

Damn it that the only couple that's been having smoking chemistry lately is Franco and Nina. I can't FF their scenes, no matter how ridiculous they are. Liz and Jake, on the other hand...

Michael is still awesome as MWOP. I do like that Carly stuck up for Michael when the killing Claudia thing came up. Ric is doing his job. Now that he's away from the boring drip I hope he gets a better storyline than kissing Sonny's ass.

• Love 4

Silas wasn't a jerk at all. He's taking care of Ava and not doing something stupid like take Avery and run, which will lead her back to prison. She put herself in this position by killing someone- now she's crying and panicking.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I dislike Silas enough that I'm annoyed about him "helping" Ava. If he had wanted to help, he would have kept her from being kidnapped by his nutbag of a wife (ex-wife? he didn't divorce Nina while she was in the coma, did he?) and then nearly murdered once the baby was yanked out of her lady parts.

• Love 3
Seriously. Where's Morgan? Where's Dante? Where's basically the whole town, who could be called as character witnesses?

Well Dante was too busy being threatened by Grandpa "Badass" and Morgan had to make sad puppy faces at Kiki 2.0 who probably was wondering if that was his usual face or if he was even still, in fact, conscious.

Avery is still learning how to support her giant beautiful head so she may see them again when she's in preschool or drawing a pension.

I actually find that, though I do adore baby Avery, I sort of want GH to pull a Y&R and suddenly age Avery to 18, then let the games really begin.

I always thought that the best thing about Michael's trial was Snarly testifying while holding baby Joss on the stand.

I have a feeling that Ava's memorial will be held at Ryan's bar with Delia in the role of chief mourner.

• Love 1
(edited)
Judging from the background romantic music, it looks like they are trying to sell Franco/Nina as the love story of the century.

My hatred of Sonny/Carly has me rooting for this despicable couple.  Even so, that kiss was cringe worthy and for the first time ever since she came into GH, actually felt bad for Nina.  My new GH viewing motto is 'at least it's not Sonny and Carly'.  It makes watching this soap much less painful.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 7
(edited)

Alexis needs to question Sonny about WHY Claudia kidnapped Carly in the first place.  Sonny deliberately  confronted Claudia about Micheal's shooting in public at her birthday party.  He was off the rails angry and after his rant he told his guards to "take her".  I contend that knowing Sonny was going to kill her, Claudia drew a gun and kidnapped Carly to defend herself from him.  Claudia was desperate and lost her grip on reality.   In fact, it was Sonny's actions that caused Michael to use lethal force to defend his mother and sister.  Sonny and company then covered up the crime.  At Michael's sentencing hearing the judge made it clear that the reason Michael was going to prison was because of Sonny's influence in Michael's life.

This. All of this. Michael was put in a horrible position because of Sonny's ego and his actions. First when Sonny's psycho wife kidnapped an in labor Carly, and then his cover-up of what was a justifiable act in defense of others by Michael.

Also, Ava really needs to stay in the hospital until she realizes that if she can watch Port Charles tv on a tablet, she could probably send an email to Julian from it as well. Oh, the stupid.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 6

Jason staying a good guy (or even semi decent guy) is my dream.

This would change the entire tenor of the show. Some how under Guza Jason became the moral center of the GH Universe (It should have IMHO been Lucky and Robin but what the hell it is what it is). I do not see anything in Ron's version that changes that. I think briefly he toyed with the idea of Anna, as the moral center but she is not his cup of tea for whatever reason. If he had managed to hold onto McBain then John would have been the moral center. (You can see this in what was really Ron's opening gambit the poisoned water, where Batman and Robin...oopps I mean McBain and Dante are the heroes, while Jason and Sonny play support) But since the loss of McBain and his unwillingness to write for Nightwing and Robin ,,,,oooppps I mean Dante and Nathan, there has been no moral center.

Jason as a good guy, and at the center of every plot gives the powers above Ron and Frank what they want, the legion of Sonnyjason (as if they were one person) fans happy, if confused. It Gives Ron, in Billy Miller, a hunk he can adore and write for. And it corrects the moral universe of GH, as much as we can ever expect it to be corrected by putting a basically good Jason, whose bad guy tendencies prey on his mind, front and center.

If I am right watch for Jason to eventually come into contact with Silas and then in conflict with Franco. Giving edge to the Todd/McBain and Steve Burton/James Franco conflicts that Ron so loves.

• Love 3

I don't think Silas was being a jerk either.  He's gone way out on a limb for Ava, and, as to preventing her from going to PC to wrest her baby from the Unholy Duo, I think - hope - it's because he's got a trick up his sleeve that might shock the whole courtroom.  C'mon, Silas, don't let me down. 

• Love 3

Why couldn't ME play a secret agent doctor? Why did Roger Howarth have to be Franco? Why did this Nina story need Franco? I'm failing still to see it. Why does Grayson McCouch have the worst hair ever? Will Silas bust in the courtroom? Why can't Ava email Julian, yet she can Skype Luke, take down mob organizations, frame AJ for murder, kill a woman, and escape from prison? And she can day drink? Constantly? What is in Ava's purse? What is in Carlos's hair? Why does no one hire Carlos's lawyer when he's the best lawyer, obviously? Why does Spinelli always look tired? Is Luke a zombie?

These are my questions.

• Love 8

For a jerk, Silas sure is putting his livelihood on the line to save her, IMO, worthless ass.

And for what? Because he loved her in the past (which I don't believe)? So what? Ava hasn't done a damn thing for him except cause him problems. He's a fool.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've had this show on extreme ff for the last few weeks, and now I'm trying to catch up (sort of).  Can someone please let me know which, if any, current plotlines do not involve Sonny?  Or for that matter, Luke.  Trying to figure out if there is anything actually worth watching among this dreck.  

Edited by Rancide
(edited)

And apparently, I have to go back and rewatch because she spit up on Snarly?

I'm not sure if she actually spit up but she kinda hacked and then LW/Carly looked down and she was so pissed it was hilarious.

I kinda liked Silas/Ava when he was helping her the first time, but I'm mostly over it now. Silas just doesn't do much for me most of the time. And I don't really understand what his endgame is here. Like does he expect Ava to just never see Avery again?

Edited by peachmangosteen

Can someone please let me know which, if any, current plotlines do not involve Sonny?  Or for that matter, Luke.  Trying to figure out if there is anything actually worth watching among this dreck.

Stalker nurse dumped Ric and is back to sniffing around Jakeson, who had a mind control chip removed from his brain but still doesn't remember anything. SERIAL KILLER and Nina are doing stuff. Olivia is pregnant and Ned is pretending to be the father. Spin is back and Maxie is torn between him and Plywood. Spencer almost burned to death at his birthday party at Wyndemere, now he's being treated in Boston for severe burns.

• Love 1

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I dislike Silas enough that I'm annoyed about him "helping" Ava. If he had wanted to help, he would have kept her from being kidnapped by his nutbag of a wife (ex-wife? he didn't divorce Nina while she was in the coma, did he?) and then nearly murdered once the baby was yanked out of her lady parts.

THIS. Everything about Silas is annoying to me. I resent his presence, ME's non-acting, and the fact that since he has no purpose she has to carry him for a storyline. He should have been gone along with RH. I hate Silas almost as much as I hate Sonny, and that's saying a lot. I don't care what the hell he's done for Ava, I want to take a rock and bash him in the head with it. Repeatedly.

• Love 3

Yesterday's show was not good. The writing was awful and now I see why so many get mad when stuff just "happens" for plot purposes that make no damn sense.

1) Ava had never heard that Sonny got out of prison, yet now she conveniently has an Ipad to watch the news?

2) A reporter would do a story on the custody of Avery that would be all about Carly as her mother figure? huh? I think the real news is father and son battle not details about who will play mommy. utterly stupid.

3)Silas suddenly is all about helping a woman who kept his daughter from him her whole life and is willing to keep a murderer out of prison for "love" and risk prison himself? alrighty then.

4) Jake is the "perfect" undercover mole, because "skills" never mind he has no memory and just had 2084249 brain surgeries. yah right. RME

5) the whole custody hearing is a farce there is no way one witness would testify to so much he heard third hand.

my goodness what a mess.

• Love 7

Why couldn't ME play a secret agent doctor? 

I'm pretty sure he is in fact already a secret agent doctor. At least that's what I see on my screen. "Here's my secret hospital lair that I have in Brooklyn that I took you to!"

• Love 2

I wonder what is going on behind all this. It really seems like every day Ron cares less and less. I was thinking of the Poison water Sage and General Hospital Espionage,and the Introduction of Julian and Ava. All these stories had their flaws, but at least it seemed Ron cared. Now, it is not just that things are bad, it is that things look and feel like no one gives a damn.  Yet the Soap Press gives no hints, our own backstage media thread is silent and everyday the show gets worse and worse.

I am reminded of Grizabella in Cats :

all alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was

• Love 1

I wonder what is going on behind all this. It really seems like every day Ron cares less and less. 

I think Ron is just in over his head more and more.

• Love 4

Ron is in desperate need of a co-HW with some power since Frank has no desire to rein in Ron. Maybe the stories wouldn't be so convoluted.

Who could Sonny be talking to in the preview? Maybe Julian shows up at the custody battle?

• Love 2

I've never really seen RiHe before and I've not been to keen on Ric in the first place but his acting yesterday as a lawyer was terrible. The writing didn't help but he didn't sell his lawyer skills at all. I was not impressed, I'd rather he go back in witness protection.

• Love 5

Ron is in desperate need of a co-HW with some power since Frank has no desire to rein in Ron. Maybe the stories wouldn't be so convoluted.

The scary thing is, this could be Frank reigning in Ron. Who knows, without Valentini, we could have been on mask # 5 by now.

• Love 5

I looked up that head writer from DOOL that won the Emmy (for whatever that is worth), but got fired. She worked at GH in the 80s as a script continuity writer. Maybe she would be a good candidate. Someone that is not connect to another ABC soap.

• Love 2
(edited)

I really like RHe, but I can see where someone who didnt see his original stint would be underwhelmed or straight out not like him an actor.

For me, at least during his original run he was one of those actors that sparked with everyone and was so damn good that even when his character his awful things I still rooted for him because he was so compelling.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7

Who could Sonny be talking to in the preview? Maybe Julian shows up at the custody battle?

I rewound it a couple of times and it looked like the back of Julian's head to me, but I could be mistaken on that.

• Love 1

I looked up that head writer from DOOL that won the Emmy (for whatever that is worth), but got fired. She worked at GH in the 80s as a script continuity writer. Maybe she would be a good candidate. Someone that is not connect to another ABC soap.

Maybe. Sadly I think sometimes the only solution is to be cancelled. Writing usually improves when you have an end mark in mind.

I really like RHe, but I can see where someone who didnt see his original stint would be underwhelmed or straight out not like him an actor.

For me, at least during his original run he was one of those actors that sparked with everyone and was good that even when his character his awful things I still rooted for him because he was so compelling.

I liked his chemistry with Becky Herbst back in the day (and they still have it imo) (and he had a decent amount with NLG) but for me he's always done the kind of nervous anger rambling he did yesterday.

• Love 1

Ric is weakest when he's working with Sonny, IMO. I'll never understand why he's so desperate for Sonny's approval. It never lasts, for one thing, and what does it get him? Nothing but trouble. I don't think the brother dynamic with those two has even been written properly or interestingly. Like almost everything on this fakakta show, it was an opportunity squandered. 

• Love 5

Maybe. Sadly I think sometimes the only solution is to be cancelled. Writing usually improves when you have an end mark in mind.

Is cancellation the only end mark that Ron can follow? Soap writers should be able to create artificial end marks, even in long drawn out stories, Look at the old Ice Princesses Caper, or the Aztec Treasurer or the Asian Quarter, or even one of Guza's bad mob stories like the Balkan, all of them went on and on but there where middle of the road end marks that the writers found and used.

I think a co-head writer would help Ron find those marks and beats.

• Love 2

And he paces stories like a monkey on crack until something finally happens like an actor leaving/becoming unavailable, and then he wraps it up in a completely nonsensical way and claims that he "ran out of time."

• Love 5

I think a co-head writer who really focused on story structure would be extremely helpful. I think RC does have some good ideas and occasionally he has great soapy moments but his stories don't feel well structured. He seems to write towards a specific pay off point but doesn't do the work to get there in a satisfying soapy way that takes advantage of the strengths of this particular medium.

It's really, really frustrating and it feels sloppy

• Love 10

I want Sonny vs Silas, as I enjoyed in 2012 when MB and ME squared off and McBain literally gave wtf looks at Sonny. I'd like to see Silas, a doctor, giving Sonny, mob boss and "coffee emperor ", those same wtf looks as Sonny and Carly tell Dr. Silas Clay what a terrible candidate for father, parent he is after he, I'm guessing busts in there today to help Ava?

Or perhaps Julian vs Sonny Pt IV :This Time It's Personal, Baby? Because we haven't yet seen a baby trigger a literal mob way. And it pits Jason against Sonny. So Romeo and Juliet 2015.

Or Silas does say he messed with the test and AJ is the father. He didn't want Sonny to kill Ava, but he did anyway. That might be an awesome option. Ava won't get custody anyway, Silas doesn't have time to care for her while he's caring for and covering for Ava, and he can broker a deal with Michael.

• Love 2

Ron's "writing style" lacks beats and character development. It's all about the camp, plot point and twists/surprises. He also retcons so many of his storylines mid story that nothing adds up, makes sense or connects yet expects us to go along because.....reasons. He rights characters into awful corners, then does a complete 180 and expects us to go with it because....reasons. Outside of past characterizations this show and it's characters don't have any cannon.

The above along with the mess the current show is is why I don't but they map the show out for 18 months. Hell, I wouldn't even buy they map the show out for 3 months.

I personally believe he spends his time trying to place meta jokes and cultural references into the show. The rest of his time is spent trying to figure out what non-acting wooden model or soap veteran he can add to the show.

Also, the pacing on this show is horrible horrible horrible!!!!

• Love 16

I think he makes decisions on whims too. Example : AJ getting killed vs Kiki getting recast. SK clearly hurt his feelings by leaving, so he killed his character. KA left quietly and played the game, so they recast Kiki, which was a character that could have left town after that goodbye with RoHo.

• Love 4

The problem is also that this shit is kinda boring. Babies, custody fights, murders shrugged at, kidnappings, mob alliances. Over and over and over. I'm rooting for Michael - because who else is there? - but it's honestly hard to care.

Sonny is so damn played out at this point. AJs murder comes down to ... another baby custody story? Just ... no.

The Luke stuff just patently makes no sense. And Luke was always obnoxious to me, but he had his moments and I get why he had so many fans. This story is ruining Luke even more than Guza's stories already had.

I don't think Ron has an idea of what he wants to SAY with these current stories. He likes the wacky antics of the 80s stories, I think. But a lot of the 80s adventures had a message of romance-blossoming-through-adventure and redemption (for Luke, then for Anna and Sean in the Aztec and Asian Quarter stuff). And frankly, the ideas were a lot more creative and elaborate back then.

The message I get out of the current stories is that good people are often boring hypocrites, while murderers/kidnappers/psychos are a-ok as long as they love their own kids. Or are named Franco.

Jason reverting back to Jason Q could be interesting. But already the story is too convoluted.

• Love 10

I've never really seen RiHe before and I've not been to keen on Ric in the first place but his acting yesterday as a lawyer was terrible. The writing didn't help but he didn't sell his lawyer skills at all. I was not impressed, I'd rather he go back in witness protection.

Don't take this the wrong way, Cattitude, but this is completely hysterical to me, since right now Ric is working overtime to make Michael look like the shittiest person ever so Sonny can get custody of Avery. XD

• Love 1

I like the actor but Ric doesn't work for me as a character. At all.

I always wanted Ric to get smushed by a train ... and then bring the actor back as a hot new doctor. One person is allowed to note that he looks like Ric. Then Ric is never mentioned again.

• Love 5

I feel like the most fitting punishment (after again seeing the lack of remorse in the faces of Sonny, Carly and Ava) would be for them to be in cells close together in a jail, listening to a loop of the recording of AJ and Ava/Sonny, AJ and Ava..then the gunshot. They can shut up about their pity parties.

Ava today being all "too bad Michael didn't kill Sonny and go to prison for his murder" so that she and Avery would be free proves she doesn't deserve any kind of happiness. Michael's been through enough hell. And Ava's delusional about Kiki. Blech. Can't even watch the Sonny and Morgan crap. But of course Sonny takes credit for Morgan (who pleaded with him) taking Avery to Ava's memorial. And Ric could not be more of a condescending ass to Michael if he tried. He sucks so much. *RME* at Julian and Sonny both thinking their badasses. All that was missing was the actual ruler for measurement purposes. Alexis is/was an idiot for going back to Julian. And I hated everything she said to Michael today. Yay for Michael being firm toward her.

I enjoyed Michael telling off Julian; good for him for mentioning the firebombing of the Davis home. And I like hearing Sam say Danny is spending time with Grandma Monica. Sam is sooo much easier to watch when she's with family and not all about Jason, or Silas, or Patrick. But Nikolas is SUCH a douche - your cousin comes to support you in Boston and you don't immediately tell her her husband is alive when she asks point blank if he knows Jake's real name. 

Okay I'll admit the switch to Judge Walters (Monica's man) was good. Loved Michael's little smirk there.

• Love 9

Sweet baby Jesus this show sucks to high heaven.

It's so stupid and sloppy and shitty. It's stlopity. 

I just...it drains me to even try and work up the energy to be pissed off at how bad things have gotten.

God help me I miss Guza...this is what I've been reduced to.

• Love 5
(edited)

Don't care how many ways Ron tries to write it, Nik would NEVER keep this Jason secret.

I get that MW is considered a good actress by a lot of people and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that, but she's just never been my cup of tea and I will never like Ava.

I have to block out everything going on with Michael/Sonny/etc cause I'll have rage blackouts.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

OMG, that LOOK on Michael's face when the judge change was announced and everyone else was all "whaaaaaa?".  The turn and slight smirk?

Victory. All of them for Michael.  That was awesome.

• Love 18

Judge Moesha! Please, please, PLEASE rip that midget greaseball a new one! This storyline is kind of offensive to adopted folks. Even with the dialogue yesterday, folks are still saying Michael isn't 'blood related'. What if Sonny was a child molester, would they still be on his side for crying out loud?

Y'all, I really need to get a job so I can stop watching this crap.

• Love 4

Ric: I've always liked you.

Michael: Really? Cause I've always hated you.

Hee.

Oh no! Sonny and Jasliet are going to be on opposite sides.

Carly looked nice today.

lol at the banner on Ava's bouquet being in Spanish.

I know it's a good cause and all, but I do get slight second-hand embarrassment whenever Nikolas/Tyler has to say, "the staff here at Shriner's hospital . . . "

Don't care how many ways Ron tries to write it, Nik would NEVER keep this Jason secret.

I can think of a couple of instances in which he would do it. For ELQ isn't one of them though.

*RME* at Julian and Sonny both thinking their badasses. All that was missing was the actual ruler for measurement purposes. 

I laughed when Sonny was like, "uh you're the only Jerome". Sonny, you'd probably be better off by yourself too and without Duke, Shawn, or Max.

Can't even watch the Sonny and Morgan crap. But of course Sonny takes credit for Morgan (who pleaded with him) taking Avery to Ava's memorial.

The only time I remotely enjoyed/was interested in Morgan was when the baby reached for his face. sigh.

But Nikolas is SUCH a douche - your cousin comes to support you in Boston and you don't immediately tell her her husband is alive when she asks point blank if he knows Jake's real name.

Honestly, she came off more like she was there to ask him about Jake than any actually support.

Oh, and vomit at all the "I knew Jason could beat the odds of being shot and thrown into freezing water!" stuff. Yup yup, super Jase is more than human, we get it.

• Love 5
(edited)

I can think of a couple of instances in which he would do it. For ELQ isn't one of them though.

Yup. And for me, all those instances he would keep his mouth shut would have to be because lives were being threatened. That's all I would ever buy. And as we know, that's not what's happening here. It's all about money and business and shit Nik would never care about.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
(edited)
lol at the banner on Ava's bouquet being in Spanish.

This is the sort of thing that keeps me hanging on with clinging fingertips. And lines like Silas's last week: "You're grown men! Supposedly."

Ninety-eight percent of the show is complete and utter crap, but that remaining 2 percent keeps me here. (Bloopers included in the 2 percent.) Sigh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

Alexis, please kindly SHUT THE HELL UP. Her telling Michael that one day he's going to want Sonny's amazing and wonderful love absolutely infuriated me.

I agree that no way would Nik keep this Jason secret just for business. I still don't understand why Nik cares about ELQ at all, especially now that Helena isn't there to put pressure on him (and I still don't understand how or why she did that).

I need to make a keyboard shortcut for "I still don't understand."

• Love 11

What if Sonny was a child molester, would they still be on his side for crying out loud?

Sonny is a child molester Karen was underage. I hate that this show forgets Karen

• Love 5
now that Helena isn't there to put pressure on him (and I still don't understand how or why she did that).

Helena threatened Lulu, Sam, etc. That's usually how Helena gets what she wants from Nik. It's so boring.

• Love 2