Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I got that once. Ah, the day Jason was killed will always be such a good memory for me.

Why has no one with good video skils made a montage of Dock and Roll to the godawful Baaaaabbbaaayy song? Yes, this is a challenge for The Muffins. Bonus points if anyone can get any footage of the happy meal toys being thrown or dropped in there.

• Love 1

There are no words for the amount of bile that rose in my throat at Sonny coming to Ava's rescue. Just nauseating. FU Ron. I do love Ava taunting Franco in the previews about Nina though. Hee.

I haven't read everyone else's thoughts yet, but to me Lulu looked like a reject from the late 70s/early 80s with that hair and dress. No wonder Dante's staying away. Poor guy. First, he has to endure the scenery chewing, and then he gets pushed down the stairs and his head bashed in by a crowbar on the 5-year anniversary of his asshole father shooting him.

Jasam hasn't even reunited yet, and I'm already sick of them. Stupid phoenix. And really Sam, that is not a good look for you badgering your brother and his boyfriend. I know you apologized, but no cares about your damn Happy Meal toy. Samtrick are starting to turn me off with the bad dialogue too. I have come to the conclusion that Sam is not good with any guy except GV's Lucky. Buy out his contract at Days and get him back. Or we can do it like the NFL and trade them Nina. They like the crazy, don't they?

Jake putting out all that champagne makes me want some, bad. Especially with having to put up with this schlock. I can't say enough how much this sweeps is going to suck ass.

• Love 6
I haven't read everyone else's thoughts yet, but to me Lulu looked like a reject from the late 70s/early 80s with that hair and dress.

I was okay with the dress, but the pageant hair has gotta stop. Why can't they put her hair in a nice up-do or something? Maxie's dress was definitely way better. And Tracy's look was by far the best.

I don't know if Nina is salvageable really. Michelle Stafford is bad but I just don't care about McBain clone's ex-wife from 20 years ago.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Or we can do it like the NFL and trade them Nina..

It's too bad the soaps aren't like sports. We could trade Tony Geary and The Staff for John Ashton and Arianne Zucker, Roger Howarth for Tristan Rogers, and whoever the hell B&B wanted for Sean Kanan.

I'd also love to see Freddie Smith, Lauren Koslow, Chriselle Stause, Scott Clifton, Ren Sofer, and Melissa Clare Egan on this show.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I need confirmation that Brad lives. He can be hurt, but he must live dammit.

He's back taping. Word is he's been taping quite a bit.

Is Ric at the party? Cause I'm worried if he is

He's been taping too with Sonny and Alexis.

The placement of the bomb in Luke's crotch was glorious. It's the little things.

KMc tweeted about Luke being in Robin and Patrick's basement. I was wondering when someone would notice that. Hilarious that she did.

• Love 2

She was called to Washington D.C. to answer questions about Faison. I'm imagining that Robert Scorpio was called there as well, and that Anna and Robert are f*cking like bunnies every night back at the Watergate Hotel.

As usual, the good stuff happens offscreen...

But good God, can they just throw me a fucking bone here and say she went to Paris with Robert to look for Robin?

Since the show took away Anna's job, and her useless boyfriend, hasn't given her an actual home, and won't show all the sex she's having with Dante, what other story has she got but to go around trying to figure out what happened to her kid? At this point, I don't care if it takes her months to get anywhere with the investigation (it will anyway), just write her in character and let her start thinking again. Geez.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 6

I was okay with the dress, but the pageant hair has gotta stop. Why can't they put her hair in a nice up-do or something? Maxie's dress was definitely way better. And Tracy's look was by far the best.

I don't know if Nina is salvageable really. Michelle Stafford is bad but I just don't care about McBain clone's ex-wife from 20 years ago.

That "pageant\ hair" was a Lulu thing for a while in the summer of 2013, but it went away.  Now it's back with a vengeance and I wish it would go away again.   

Nina, well - she can go away, too, along with Lulu's Farah Fawcett hair

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4

Right, SlovakPrincess!? They have Fin gone for awhile and they STILL can't have Anna investigating Robin's whereabouts!? Even if it turns up nothing!? So ridic.

Um, Nathan shall not put anything near his hot bod, ulkis. Don't take away my happy.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

If we're sure someone's going to die at this party, why can't there be more useless people attending it?  I've been ffing up a storm, but in passing, I've seen no sign of Olivia, Silas, Shawn, Sabrina, or Felix.  For that matter, with the exception of Julian and Ava, all of Team Prison needs a one-night furlough ASAP.  

Why must we kill off someone with a point?

• Love 2

When Jake told Helena that the job was done, did she deactivate him?  Because he looked confused (more so than usual) after he hung up and was kinda blank.  Helena wouldn't want to blow up her soldier boy?

The placement of the bomb in Luke's crotch was glorious. It's the little things.

KMc tweeted about Luke being in Robin and Patrick's basement. I was wondering when someone would notice that. Hilarious that she did.

I think the placement of the bomb in his crotch shores up my "it's Pat" arguement!

• Love 2
How funny would it be if, after months off-screen, Felix strutted into the party all, "Hey ya'll, DuBois in the house!" only for some debris to smash down on him.

That's a very Ron thing to do....

And did she actually think that Lucas would just steal it from her? That he would think so highly of a stupid piece of cheap glass that really is nothing special or even unique that it was worth snatching from her home and giving to Brad as if he wouldn't give him something actually worthwhile or special just to them? How insulting.

I know. Why would Lucas care about some cruddy tchotchke?

Nothing screams "inconspicuous" quite like hiding a large time bomb directly under a bar, hidden only by four bottles of champagne.

Helena had to brainwash someone for this level of "professionalism"?

It's not GH if a woman isn't being terrorized. Ugh. But Ava, why aren't you at least trying to defend yourself? Is a perfect manicure that important to you? UGH. And seriously, what an inept jailbreak. Not that I expected something that wasn't completely stupid.

Constance Towers looked AMAZING in her fur hat and matching coat. Her lipstick was perfection.

• Love 2

I thought it was hot, but I don't know what I should expect them to be doing. I am a gay dude

I thought it was hot too and I'm not a gay man! One of the things I most like about the pairing is the actors are really natural together and really sell the storyline. They don't seem hesitant at all to go for it in those love scenes (I've seen a couple of other gay love stories on soaps and meh).

As for Anna and Faison. I get that she's a cop and supposed to follow the rules blah blah blah. This is different because Faison is different. He's not just some random bad guy. This guy tortured her and her family for years. Not days or months. Years. Sorry, but I give her a pass all day on this. Also? One time she took the law into her own hands hardly compares to Sonny and the rest.

Jake placing a bomb right under the bar behind one row of bottles cracked me up. I laughed every time they showed it. It's completely visible! Good times.

But soldier boy is the most competent assassin evah - with a totally special skill set. Or something.

• Love 4

When Jake told Helena that the job was done, did she deactivate him?  Because he looked confused (more so than usual) after he hung up and was kinda blank.  Helena wouldn't want to blow up her soldier boy?

Yeah, that was my take on his confused face.  I think maybe Helena thinks he is disposable now that she knows her precious soldier boy is fighting the conditioning. 

I knew it! Glad I wasn't imagining that basement being the same.

Sam and Patrick ruin everything.

And seriously Patrick if you can't stand Brad so much keep your ass in the fucking car, you're a mere tag-along anyway who was lucky to get an invite because of your new "girlfriend". And how rich of you to talk about how he hurt Sabrina when I seriously doubt that he hurt her worse than the man who promised to marry her and love her forever and always and then left her sobbing at the altar to go and mack on his "dead" wife of two years.

... the wife he promised he would wait for "as long as it takes" when she left to go work at Crichton-Clark, neglecting to tell her that in his world, "as long as it takes" = "approximately four weeks".

Honestly, he's barely given her a thought since the baby he never wanted died. I just cannot stand that snotty worm, every time he opens his mouth shit falls out, I swear. He will make anything and everything all about him.

He really is Sonny in a lab coat.

Previews...you guys, Helena in white furs!

B8ivEzkCYAAuiXw.jpg

I'm getting way too much of a Norma Desmond vibe off that picture...

I swear this was just a way for Ron to bring up Sab because no one will convince me he's not still crying about Patrina not working.

No will convince me that he doesn't intend to reunite Patrina at some point. 

• Love 2

I'm exhausted by this Fluke storyline. Who finds this cruelty entertaining? I mean, you know, other than Ron.

So after today's show I thought - what if it's not DID and Fluke isn't Bill Eckert... but the guy in the chair who thinks he's Luke Spencer has really been Bill Eckert for the past 20 years. And that Fluke is the real Luke Spencer who came back to claim his life. What made me think of this is Michael's plot point observation that Luke was another casulty of Sonny and the mob.

Do you think that would be brilliant or horrifying (knowing that the real Luke is a crazy drug dealer and whom we thought was Luke was really Bill hypnotized (because that seems to be a theme these days) into believing he was Luke.

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 3

... the wife he promised he would wait for "as long as it takes" when she left to go work at Crichton-Clark, neglecting to tell her that in his world, "as long as it takes" = "approximately four weeks".

If Patrick Drake says, "I'll love you until the end of time" he means "I'll love you until you do something that pisses me off."

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

A bomb at the Haunted Star.....a bomb in Luke's crotch.....

At least BOMB is appropriate for this storyline.  There may be two of them, but I see it as one GIGANTIC bomb.

• Love 10

This show could always do better, MUCH better. But as long as I watch regularly, I try to find some things to enjoy about it. It is not that hard on most days.

Maxie and Lulu bonding always remind me of Maxie and Johnny's hot makeout sessions in the livingroom Maxie with Lulu shared. While Lulu was fast asleep in the next room. That is my silver lining when I see them acting like morons. This friendship is as bad as the Greenlee/Kendall friendship. I'll never buy it no matter how many giggle sessions they share.

The Brad/Lucas/Sam/Patrick scenes. Silver lining, beautiful people looking their best. I'll never not be shallow. Plus, Lucas spends loads of time with Danny. Don't like being told, would rather be shown. But hey, it is canon. Next time Danny runs up to uncle Lucas and give him a big hug, it won't be contrived. 

It'll be nice if Michael and Monica talked about anything. It is only an opening for a clinic honoring her dead son. Silver lining, we got lovely scenes of Tracy and Michael. Michael finally talks with someone and the conversation is about his father, not Sonny and/or Carly.

Most importantly, Dante is defiantly sleeping through Fluke's grossness. He wins.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 8

Right, SlovakPrincess!? They have Fin gone for awhile and they STILL can't have Anna investigating Robin's whereabouts!? Even if it turns up nothing!? So ridic.

Um, Nathan shall not put anything near his hot bod, ulkis. Don't take away my happy.

Hey, nothing would go missing that wasn't already gone in the first place ;) 

• Love 1

I liked the Michael/Tracy scenes but I wish I could have liked them more.  Tracy was just awful to AJ - and to be fair, he wasn't a fan of hers either.  Difference being, this last time around, AJ was more than ready, initially, to bury the hatchet.  But Tracy just wouldn't let anything go.  And those fat comments of hers......

Also - and I blame Ron C.'s writing for this - the old Quartermaine mantra of "When attacked, family sticks together" hasn't been true for quite some time, so Tracy pulling out that family loyalty shtick sounded hollow.  I would so much more of rather Michael been talking to Monica - but Show won't have that, now, will they?

But at least we got this....

• Love 8

I liked the Michael/Tracy scenes but I wish I could have liked them more.  Tracy was just awful to AJ - and to be fair, he wasn't a fan of hers either.  Difference being, this last time around, AJ was more than ready, initially, to bury the hatchet.  But Tracy just wouldn't let anything go.  And those fat comments of hers......

Also - and I blame Ron C.'s writing for this - the old Quartermaine mantra of "When attacked, family sticks together" hasn't been true for quite some time, so Tracy pulling out that family loyalty shtick sounded hollow.  I would so much more of rather Michael been talking to Monica - but Show won't have that, now, will they?

But at least we got this....

Monica should be there. UGH!

• Love 3

I liked Maxie's look, but Lulu *has* to get rid of Farrah hair. What year is this?

Brad and Lucas were *adorable*! More please. 

And I'm glad Sam saw the figurine. Finally.

Faux Luke can die *any time now*. God, I'm so tired of this fucking storyline. It's boring and stupid and it doesn't make sense.

I like Billy Miller very much and I think he's very talented. Not here though. This 'soldier' storyline is *SO* fucking stupid. Does anyone know what the ratings are like? Because I can't believe they're getting good numbers with this shit.

• Love 7

I'm exhausted by this Fluke storyline. Who finds this cruelty entertaining? I mean, you know, other than Ron.

So after today's show I thought - what if it's not DID and Fluke isn't Bill Eckert... but the guy in the chair who thinks he's Luke Spencer has really been Bill Eckert for the past 20 years. And that Fluke is the real Luke Spencer who came back to claim his life. What made me think of this is Michael's plot point observation that Luke was another casulty of Sonny and the mob.

Do you think that would be brilliant or horrifying (knowing that the real Luke is a crazy drug dealer and whom we thought was Luke was really Bill hypnotized (because that seems to be a theme these days) into believing he was Luke.

I actually would have loved this, had this steaming pile thinly masquerading as a storyline ended five months ago.

RE: yesterday's show, what did poor Dom do to piss off Uncle Frank? First he has to share scenes with KA, and then has to pretend to be unconscious while Tony Geary did whatever the fuck that was. Those accents were just . . . I honestly don't know.

Does anyone else think this story might have actually been interesting if it was Flaura & Jerry instead?

Lastly, is Constance auditioning for the role of "Emma Frost" for the next X-Men movie?

• Love 4

I liked Maxie's look, but Lulu *has* to get rid of Farrah hair. What year is this?

Problem is ER is just a teeny tiny thing and all that hair, where is she? Needs a do that suits her and that long hair ain't it.

Brad and Lucas were *adorable*! More please.

Their chem is off the charts, and they were hiding in the broom closet for months why exactly? Oh that's right GH's over inflated cast.

• Love 1

Monica should be there. UGH!

And where is Ned?  Not that I really care about the character but the one thing that should involve Qs doesn't.  Its really annoying.  Michael is opening something in her son's name and Monica is no where to be found?  Give me a break with this nonsense already. 

• Love 3

If Patrick Drake says, "I'll love you until the end of time" he means "I'll love you until you do something that pisses me off."

I think that's too high of a standard.  It's more like "until you do something that annoys or mildly inconveniences me." 

• Love 4

A bomb at the Haunted Star.....a bomb in Luke's crotch.....

At least BOMB is appropriate for this storyline.  There may be two of them, but I see it as one GIGANTIC bomb.

Bravo!  Yes, BOMB is the most appropriate word for this storyline.  May it explode and be over soon - very, very soon.

Do not even get me started on whatever the hell is going on with Luke and Helena and Jake.  It's gotten to the point that they're now just repeating the same conversations over and over and this story IS GOING ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE, certainly nowhere that is going to be a big enough payoff for all the crap they've put me through. 

I become especially irked by the repetitiveness of these scenes when other characters' stories and scenes are missing much-needed beats.  Time management please Mr. C!!!   Use the limited air time you have to put the beats where they are needed rather than continue to repeat some of the same scenes over and over.  

Maxie and Lulu bonding always remind me of Maxie and Johnny's hot makeout sessions in the livingroom Maxie with Lulu shared. While Lulu was fast asleep in the next room. That is my silver lining when I see them acting like morons. This friendship is as bad as the Greenlee/Kendall friendship. I'll never buy it no matter how many giggle sessions they share.

Most importantly, Dante is defiantly sleeping through Fluke's grossness. He wins.

Yes, DZ was spared having to respond to the excesses of Fluke's scenes - and I am grateful for that small blessing.

Now about that Maxie and Lulu friendship - a friendship which has become one of my pet peeves these days.  I used to like the feeling of opposites attracting with this unexpected friendship and, as long as I could feel that Maxie and Lulu were such distinctly different people, I could forgive and move on from the rocky elements in their shared past.   However, this OTT, cutesy teenage cheerleader vibe is doing me in with these two.  They seem like giggly girls who are mirror images of each other and, together, are mutually grating on my last nerve.  Make it stop - or at least bring back some of the edginess that used to make this friendship more interesting to me.  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4
Their chem is off the charts, and they were hiding in the broom closet for months why exactly? Oh that's right GH's over inflated cast.

I still can't get over that Brad was a grade A sexual predator and all around class A jerk in his first several months. But I like Parry Shen, and if Brad hadn't been so repulsive and such a wholesale villain, I could have liked him.

I'm just going to have to assume that Bradley Cooper has an evil twin, perhaps named Sheldon, Alice, or James Fenimore, who masqueraded as Brad for several months in 2013. Bradley broke free, apprehended his imposter, and resumed his identity.  This, like all things interesting on GH, happened off screen. 

• Love 2

I think the inherent likeability Parry Shen has been showcasing on-screen (and my overriding loathing of Felix) has allowed me to turn the page on Brad.  Plus, he survived a plunge off the parapet so points for that.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15

I thought it was hot too and I'm not a gay man! One of the things I most like about the pairing is the actors are really natural together and really sell the storyline. They don't seem hesitant at all to go for it in those love scenes (I've seen a couple of other gay love stories on soaps and meh).

I agree. I loved Kyle/Fish but even they didn't have the level of ease and natural scorching chemistry with each other that PS and RyCa do. It's really fun to watch.

I actually love Lulu's dress. And absolutely hate Maxie's. But Lulu's hair really is awful. Also, I do not understand why they have her wear that heavy silver eye makeup all the time. I liked it the first time but it's a bit much now.

• Love 1

I actually would have loved this, had this steaming pile thinly masquerading as a storyline ended five months ago.

RE: yesterday's show, what did poor Dom do to piss off Uncle Frank? First he has to share scenes with KA, and then has to pretend to be unconscious while Tony Geary did whatever the fuck that was. Those accents were just . . . I honestly don't know.

I think FV probably considers letting one of the actors share screentime with those two an honor, strangely enough.

• Love 2
I liked the Michael/Tracy scenes but I wish I could have liked them more.

I did watch some of the Michael/Tracy scenes yesterday.

JE looked nice.

When Michael asked Tracey if she knew Bill Eckert, and she responded with recounting how he was on the Tracy, that hit a false note to me.  Sure Tracy would have remembered the debacle that was the sinking of the Tracy, but she had no idea who Bill Eckert was at that time, nor would she have cared.  That Bill was on board that boat was something completely irrelevant to her. Sure, it was the moment when ANTHONY GEARY returns to daytime after a 9-YEAR ABSENCE (Lord do I remember that commercial playing ad naseum), but  that's something the audience took note off, not Tracy. To Tracy it was the day that the Tracy sank, causing a major debacle for ELQ.  Tracy would be recounting how Bill was on that boat about as much as she'd be recounting how Mac Scorpio was on that boat.

The one story that Tracy should remember about Bill Eckert is how he and Robert Scorpio arrived at her engagement party, drunk as stunks, and ruined it.  She was humiliated on television. 

I know that seems like a minor nitpick, but it's part of how I feel so manipulated as a viewer. Ron has his points that he wants to hit, and he'll hit them. He just strikes me as having permanent blinders on when he writes. Sloppy, lazy, and plot-point driven.

• Love 3

I did like though how she said nothing went right Bill and he was just a bitter man. Between that scene and the one where Bobbie, Tracy, and Ned kept dissing Eckert to Fluke's face, and if it IS all in Luke's head, I can't help but wonder if it was all an elaborate joke on Tony Geary. "Oh, oh, yeah, we're gonna let you play Bill again. Except all the characters are gonna talk shit about him, and oops, yeah, it's not Bill after all. But it was your extended leave of absence totally caused us to do this re-write, not because we like to pull the rug out from under people. Totally." Not that I think Geary gives a fuck who he plays as long as it's "dark".

Does anyone else think this story might have actually been interesting if it was Flaura & Jerry instead?

Nah. I like Genie, but she'd probably be just as cringeworthy trying to play evil double. Plus, I've had enough of Laura's mental issues to last me a lifetime.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
I did like though how she said nothing went wrong Bill and he was just a bitter man.

I took note, too, that Tracy recounted the Frank Smith and Sonny connection. It's been a point that jsbt and I have been bringing out, as it appears to be the only reason why Bill Eckert would target Sonny.

At this point, I can see that Bill Eckert is heavily involved in this story, dead or alive, culprit or not. But to the extent that there's anything more, I couldn't care less.  I find it neither clever nor interesting.  Be. done. with. it.

• Love 1

oops, I meant "nothing went right with Bill." Fixed it.

But seriously, Chad needs more scenes with Jane, where Tracy isn't shouting down at Michael. It's as if Tracy treated him as a grown-up and he actually kinda of seemed it for the first time. That was the most I've liked him, ever.

Edited by ulkis

talking about broom closet, I could do nothing but shake my head at TPTB wanting us to think that flat is larger than what we are being shown. I did laugh out loud when Brad mentioned all the space he had.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

talking about broom closet, I could do nothing but shake my head at TPTB wanting us to think that flat is larg we r than what we are being shown. I did laugh out loud when Brad mentioned all the space he had.

When Brad was talking about moving Lucas into his teeny tiny studio (which apparently was also able to house Britt and the designer gowns she had laying around), my first thought was, are we supposed to be completely forgetting about the brownstone?  Wouldn't it make sense for Brad and Lucas to move there?  Or Nathan?

• Love 1