Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Baby Avery may be the cutest baby ever on this show, and she clearly adores the lady playing Ava, who seems uncommonly good with babies.  Maybe Kiki and Silas should take the baby home and raise it, thereby giving two characters without a point something to do.  Avery can be the new Rafe, only with better acting.

• Love 4

Today's show, I like Nathan and Maxie, but their entire caper over missing each other on New Year's and then the sexfest with the scrambled eggs gettiing dumped twice was a bit much.  I am getting to the point where they will be FF material.  What happened to Nathan's bullet wound, did they explain that?

Avery is one cute baby and so interactive with the other actors!  I can't explain my contempt for Sonny enough but I also think that MB is just not a good actor.  Maybe he tries to hard?  Or he cannot act.  All I keep thinking when watching him is, he's no Tony Soprano.

Looks like the prison set will be the next most important set on the show, to the Metro Court, while GH ranks third, if at all.

I really don't like Olivia, ever since she let Sonny get away with shooting Dante and then she hooked up with him.  She's a hypocrite.

So I binge watched the December episodes because I wanted to understand this "so many Flukes" storyline, and then of course today we get the nice trip down memory lane with Bobbi and Fluke.  It's tough to follow all of this if weren't watching way back then, so I am trying to pick up as much as I can.  Q:  did Bill abuse Sly?  And is Sly still around somewhere?  Bobbi also mentioned Jenny, so do we think she will rise from the dead?

My fave thing in my binge watch was seeing Mounties in red serge come to arrest Franco.  The RCMP doesn't actually wear that ceremonial uniform when doing their daily job, but it was a hoot to see.  

• Love 1

For me Patrick has been a problem since he first arrived in PC, so while the writing is pathetic it doesn't really change how I view Patrick as being pathetic of his own right.

Since day one for me Patrick's always been a shitty character, it started long before Ron stepped foot on the show and really he's writing him in character as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, Patdouche being douchey was well-established before RC ever even dreamed of being GH's HW.

RC made a huge miscalculation* - he thought the character of Patrick could stand on his own and be a viable romantic lead.  But Patrick was only bearable because of Robin.  Take away Robin, and Patrick is just a not-very-interesting douchey narcissist.

* - In all fairness, he was to some extent following Guza's lead.  Guza clearly always thought that Patrick the hot stud was being wasted on frumpy ol' stick-in-the-mud Robin, and wrote accordingly.

• Love 1

At this point, I don't care if Patrick moves on with anyone. I just wish RC would just let Robin be free living elsewhere and having Emma visit her every other weekend or something. It's just beyond ridiculous to me to keep on with this Robin is held prisoner again and somehow neither Patrick nor Anna suspect a thing! Despite knowing all who was involved with the whole mess

I couldn't agree more. The idea that Robin remains a victim of pretty much everyone while Patrick and Anna lull around without a care it seems... It's utter nonsense. And it is not enjoyable to watch, it's not even worth watching imo. Ron seems to think that he's put Robin and Patrick's relationship on "hold" but all he's really done is kill it.

No offense, Rancide, but I wouldn't trust Kaka to keep a pet rock alive, much less a baby.

She can't keep herself alive without help. She'd be a starving urchin on the street if it weren't for Silas or Morgan willing to take her in with him wherever he's squatting rent free as well.

I definitely thought the writing was way rushed in the spring - with Lucas casually calling him Dad out of nowhere just to make him getting shot at the Jerome Family dinner extra dramatic - but I do like Ryan and William in scenes together.

The writing for them has for the most part to me been incredibly underwhelming or unbelievable. The same with Julian and Sam. I don't understand why they would hype up Julian's return and then basically do nothing with him and his kids. But I am glad that William and Ryan have a natural connection to overcome all that. I think he and Kelly work well together also but they too just don't get the scenes to really explore their relationship.

Sonny has more kids than he knows what to do with and pretty much neglects them all and yet that's where so much focus is placed. Nothing like watching a wart of a man waste opportunity after opportunity to not be a selfish slaggard to the people in his life who should matter most.

• Love 3

Ron seems to think that he's put Robin and Patrick's relationship on "hold" but all he's really done is kill it.

Oh, I think he knows he killed it. In that Michael Fairman interview, he said Scrubs were a popular couple and now most people accept Patrick with Sam. And Patrick's on the right track. Then he said that he likes having Robin aka glorified vet in his back pocket for dramatic purposes.

Basically, you have a head writer who thinks all is fine and dandy and flowers and butterflies.

Sonny said "I have another daughter" with the enthusiasm of limp broccoli. I honestly kinda don't blame him though for not wanting another kid after already having 4, and at his age. Still . . . that's why we wear condoms Sonny.

"It's the Q's fault!  They only stock those old defective condoms in their crypt!" 

• Love 8

Q:  did Bill abuse Sly?  And is Sly still around somewhere?  Bobbi also mentioned Jenny, so do we think she will rise from the dead?

Bill did not abuse Sly. In the beginning, Bill loved Sly and was raising him as a single dad because his ex-wife Nancy checked out of being mother and wife. However, Bill started to become and more of an ass and he started to be neglectful to Sly but he never abused him.

• Love 1

I had known the baby's name would be Avery for a little while based on TI, if it was accurate which it was. I absolutely love that Ava will always have part of her with the baby, no matter if she never sees her again which I doubt considering this show. It's a big FU to Sonny, as if she needed his fucking permission to name her own daughter that she carried and gave birth to, by the man who kidnapped her and held her against her will while pregnant and then pledged to murder. I just absolutely love that he had no say in the matter. And I like the name, I love boys names for girls and I don't watch Y&R or Nashville, so I don't have any associations with it either.

I could rant more about Sonny, and what an atrocious father he is  - trashing the Q's still, ignoring the fact that Morgan is obviously in pain, making the whole situation all about him, but what would be the point?

So disappointed that Julian and Olivia didn't go back for round 2, and that what we got was that ridiculous unsexy stuff when what I wanted to see was them going at it like bunnies.

Which brings us to Naxie. TOO.MUCH.CAKE. As in, too sweet. Overly, sugary sweet. And what a crime of epic proportions to waste bacon like that. Hell, I would have eaten it, damn it! Bacon should never be wasted.

I suppose I should comment about Bobbie/Fluke, but truth is I don't know the history well enough to do that. So, I'll just go back and read what you guys said.

Why the hell does no one know how to pronounce buffet?

Love Maura's natural look, she looked so pretty today. She looks better without makeup than some of these women do with makeup.

• Love 9

I am frankly expecting to see Sly and the other surviving/non-gassed Eckerts any minute.

I will laugh at the show heartily if they try to do a last minute swerve and claim it's not Eckert. Just because most of us knew almost a year ago. Try it, Ron! Try it!

• Love 6

I love it that the giant baby is named after JJ's character on Nashville.

I thought Avery Singer a/k/a Ramona and Mario's kid on Real Housewives on NY

No offense, Rancide, but I wouldn't trust Kaka to keep a pet rock alive, much less a baby.

I certainly would not entrust Kiki to raise a baby but it's really also not fair to task her with this.  How many years does she need to play mother?  Guess it depends on how many years Ava gets in prison.  Kiki is just starting her adult life and let's face it.  She's jobless and fickle.  She ain't ready.

• Love 1

I thought Avery Singer a/k/a Ramona and Mario's kid on Real Housewives on NY

I certainly would not entrust Kiki to raise a baby but it's really also not fair to task her with this.  How many years does she need to play mother?  Guess it depends on how many years Ava gets in prison.  Kiki is just starting her adult life and let's face it.  She's jobless and fickle.  She ain't ready.

Right now, it looks like Silas is going to be Avery's paternal figure.  Could he become the new Mac?

• Love 1

Morgan broke my heart today. He was hurting, and at least Sonny had the decency to say that Morgan would have been a good father. Where is Rosalie to cheer him up?

I ffed through the Naxie stuff. It was just too much. And wasting food?

Why did they have to ruin the awesome Alexis/Julian and Ned/Olivia chemistry with this juvenile crap?

I have to admit that I love the way everyone's bullet scars disappears on GH,  Nathan who was shot a few weeks ago has no scar, either does Liz, Dante or anyone else. Are the surgeons at  GH just that good.

Bill did not abuse Sly. In the beginning, Bill loved Sly and was raising him as a single dad because his ex-wife Nancy checked out of being mother and wife. However, Bill started to become and more of an ass and he started to be neglectful to Sly but he never abused him.

Thanks, nilyank.  So then clearly Fluke is Bill.  And Ned will figure it out.

Re Ava naming that adorable baby Avery, it must also be noted that she used the two initials of her own name which were also written in blood by a dying Connie.

Thanks, nilyank.  So then clearly Fluke is Bill.  And Ned will figure it out.

Re Ava naming that adorable baby Avery, it must also be noted that she used the two initials of her own name which were also written in blood by a dying Connie.

I thought Connie scrawled A J.  Not A V.

TG in drag. He did it before. Please don't hate me.https....

There.are.no.words. If he goes there, Geary and Ron must just want to say "FU" to all the people in the business and in the audience who gave them their careers at GH. It would a selfish act, IMO, just meant to shock and even insult loyal fans of the show.

Ron: Abandon this Fluke storyline and give the time, attention, and resources to storylines and hard-working actors and actresses who value the fans and enjoy their opportunity to have a career on a  beloved show.

• Love 2
I'm just really glad they get to have scenes together because I like the connection Ryan and William have.

RC/FV - Using paper plates when there is plenty of China.

Did RC/FV ruin one-life-to-live when they came aboard?

Why would a so-called writer like Ron who prides himself on knowing GH history have Bobbie start sprouting lies about Bill abusing Sly? Bill. Like Luke, when he first returned, was a good father and a flawed man. I am really getting sick and tired of writers like Ron taking their daddy problems out on the history of this show. Look Ron, I am sorry that your Dad didn't hug you enough or think that that your antics were cute, like you do Spencer's, but Man up for Christ's sake and stop taking it out on the rest of us with this insane drivel.

• Love 1

TG in drag. He did it before. Please don't hate me.

Regardless of who Fluke is, I kinda want Tony to play "Patricia Spencer" in full drag just to see how truly awful it would be. Yes, I am a major league masochist.

I'd also want to see how the flying figgity fuck Fairman and Giddens would spin it as the great thing ever. Even better would be Genie being asked about it on some talk show and her struggling not to laugh her ass off.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

I thought Connie scrawled A J.  Not A V.

Avery Jerome?

That kid is screwed.  An interesting story would be Michael somehow getting involved when one of them gets out of prison (if Sonny really is the father) and makes it his mission that AJ (Avery Jerome) won't have the same fate he did.  A part of it will be his bitterness over what went on with AJQ but also because he suffered enough in the mob life and Avery is a doubly screwed kid.

"Kristen Alderson: Baby Killer" is probably the last insult we haven't lobbed at her over the last few years.

I'm pretty sure I've said her mouth is big enough to swallow a baby whole at one point.

• Love 4

"Pat" could always be transsexual.

OMG--Geary in drag.  Like I don't hate him enough already!

his fluke thing is beyond tedious--time to end it once and for all and send Mr. Geary on  another of his well deserved vacations.

In 2014, in the hands of RC, this will end well. (Not.)

Oddly enough, I thought JZ looked better today than she has in ages.

I thought so, too. But I also never thought she looked quite as bad as most people do. I've only seen her with the plastic surgery though. Maybe if I saw more of her in the early days I'd feel different.

So I binge watched the December episodes because I wanted to understand this "so many Flukes" storyline ...

Oh, you'll never understand it. I've been watching the whole thing and it still makes no damn sense.

Why the hell does no one know how to pronounce buffet?

That drove me nuts. I was starting to think I was wrong about it's pronunciation. Julian did say it normally though, thankfully.

I am really getting sick and tired of writers like Ron taking their daddy problems out on the history of this show.

Yea really. Also, I'm beyond sick and tired of them taking their women problems out on the show.

That kid is screwed.  An interesting story would be Michael somehow getting involved when one of them gets out of prison (if Sonny really is the father) and makes it his mission that AJ (Avery Jerome) won't have the same fate he did.  A part of it will be his bitterness over what went on with AJQ but also because he suffered enough in the mob life and Avery is a doubly screwed kid.

I've been thinking about this, too. I'm down for it. But like in fanfic or something because it would not be handled well on the actual show.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I thought so, too. But I also never thought she looked quite as bad as most people do. I've only seen her with the plastic surgery though. Maybe if I saw more of her in the early days I'd feel different.

She was really cute back in the day--with an expresive face that actually MOVED

TG in drag. He did it before. Please don't hate me.https://www.youtube....h?v=AFsGqd_Mt1o

Well, Dame Edna has nothing to worry about, does she?   I'm sue that ill haunt my dreams tonite.....

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2

Sometimes I want to tweet Ron and say I'm sorry you didn't get enough hugs as a kid, who abused you, can I link you to a therapist?

He would call you a "townie" and say that you just don't know true genius when you see it.

As if Sonny thinks

I think you could just stop there every time whenever talking about Sonny, nothing more need be said, heh.

• Love 3

You know, I have zero issues with Tony being gay and I enjoyed that little clip.  Mad props to the courage it took to navigate his way through decades at GH.

What I do have an issue with is the fact that he's slid into the crappy actor territory.  I don't like any of his incarnations, especially "good guy" Luke, who I feel no pity for at all.  I hate the phony, labored accents, the over-the-top hamminess, and the mean disgusting actions he seems to revel in portraying.  One big yawn for someone I used to think was talented.

• Love 8

I'm not an Ava fan, but I don't understand  why RC/FV didn't keep Connie's killer more ambiguous, especially now we have this Fluke character we are stuck with.  I thought it was pretty extreme of her to kill Connie over something no one really gave a shit about two weeks later, but Fluke

• He had a lot more to lose with Julian being revealed too prematurely 
  • Ava did fail to secure ELQ for him, so framing her could be a way of punishing her, even if she had no idea about him
  • He bad mouthed AJ to Monica after his death, to the point of being hostile
  • He wanted to hurt Sonny 

Seems he would have been a more plausible candidate than Ava.

• Love 4
I'm not an Ava fan, but I don't understand  why RC/FV didn't keep Connie's killer more ambiguous

I'm sure Ron thinks that the PCPD and everyone not even considering that "AJ" might refer to Ava Jerome and not AJ Quartermaine is being ambiguous.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

It continues to irritate that Carly is not miserable and not suffering, but lounging around having breakfast with amnesiacs who blow smoke up her ass.  Hey Carls, why not have breakfast with the daughter you inflicted a SERIAL KILLER on?

For fuck's sake, are Julian and Lucas really not allowed to talk unless "The Golden Girls" are mentioned?  I think Ron has beaten that "joke" into the ground more than BLTs and Allegra.

Hold up, RobOfficer Padilla had already disappeared by the time Johnny killed Anthony, right?

Oh Johnny, the only thing Lulu is "wild" about these days is babies.

• Love 3

Brandon's hyena cackling in the prison yard actually made me chuckle, at least he's enjoying himself which is rare to see from most of the actors. Though I imagine it helps that he's only signed on for a temporary stint. 

So they're messing around with the whole "Johnny killed his Daddy/Granddaddy" storyline? What a shocker...if only I cared, at all.

Julian was allowed to host his son in his actual place of residence, it's a miracle. I like the laid back vibe both Ryan and William bring to their scenes, they have such a comfortable ease together. I just wish they could actually share scenes more than once every three months.  

And at least Brad was mentioned, I guess that's the best I can get...you suck, Ron.

As Julian and Carlos continue to hop, skip and jump to do the bidding of notLuke it never stops being total bullshit. That they haven't teamed up to just tie the old fart to a cinder block and watch him sink beneath black water...he isn't an invincible mob god. The stupid burns away so many brain cells I can't afford to even think about it.

And oh lookit, Anna's being played for the fool as usual! How surprising! I can hardly believe it...and really that horrible agent/actor seems to get worse the more I see and hear of him. 

The Alexis and Olivia scenes were textbook Ron: women without dignity or pride acting like jilted prom dates bickering over a man/and or men. Deplorable, that's all I have to say about it.

The whole Liz is "conflicted" crap is just that to me.

After so much time of thinking about herself and Jake as an almighty royal"we" not even a roll in the hay with Ric, or five, can just wipe the slate clean when Ron can keep her bouncing back and forth between two men as usual. I could not be anymore disinterested with any of it, or any of them for that matter.

The Carly and Jake scenes were...detestable seems like a good word for it. And the less said about them the better. 

Carlos better aim for the shoulder if he shoots Julian, apparently it's the most life threatening wound that never kills.

• Love 3

I like the laid back vibe both Ryan and William bring to their scenes, they have such a comfortable ease together.

Today, I noticed that they actually look like they could be father and son. I'd give kudos to casting, but I'm sure it was more lucky happenstance rather than planning. 

How many rooms does the Metro Court have? 10? I've gone to professional conferences and stayed in the same hotel as several people I knew, yet we never happened into each other anywhere in the hotel even though our comings and goings were basically on the same schedule. Overuse of the accidental meeting trope was beginning to bother me more than Carly's lack of boundaries. 

• Love 1

Today, I noticed that they actually look like they could be father and son. I'd give kudos to casting, but I'm sure it was more lucky happenstance rather than planning. 

Well let's not forget that Julian supposedly had plastic surgery to make him unrecognizable so he in fact shouldn't look so much like Lucas lol.

• Love 3

Padilla framed JZ, WTF.

It's a lie. I guess Johnny is fully balls to the wall evil now, since he's working with Fluke. Unless he doesn't know he's working for Fluke. I can't tell if Agent Not Hot is shady or if he actually believes that Johnny was framed.

It would actually be pretty fucking hilarious though if they had a montage of Johnny eating at Kelly's/MetroCourt/Jake's and sleeping with Carly/Olivia/Lulu, all set to jolly music.

Poor Carlos had to get Luke's breath in his face. And scream that you want Julian gone a little louder in public, why don't you, FakeLuke.

Lucas calling Julian dad is such lazy shorthand to convey they got close. He looks very pretty though.

• Love 4

Oh Johnny, the only thing Lulu is "wild" about these days is babies.

Seriously. But honestly, Lulu was probably at her weakest point back then, since at the time she was nothing but a whimpering mess on the verge of breakdown when she was with Johnny, with bad bangs to boot. One of the many reasons I wasn't a fan, although I wasn't watching much in those days so maybe it would have been different if I had seen the whole thing unfold, but from the clips I sampled probably not.

Hold up, RobOfficer Padilla had already disappeared by the time Johnny killed Anthony, right?

No, I think Anthony was killed in May and Padilla disappeared around June or July? She left not long after but I know she was still around when the murder happened because I remember her and Dante coming by to the Quartermaines to investigate Tracy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Well let's not forget that Julian supposedly had plastic surgery to make him unrecognizable so he in fact shouldn't look so much like Lucas lol.

Heh, that always gets me. Ryan and William do look as if they could be related but Julian had his entire face done over so he shouldn't look the least bit like Lucas, at least not so much, heh, only on this show.

Lucas calling Julian dad is such lazy shorthand to convey they got close. He looks very pretty though.

What gets me is that it's been a year since Lucas returned, a whole bloody year.

The amount of time that could have been spent actually showing them connecting, getting to know and accept one another was just wasted. All those months and months where Lucas never even appeared on screen with anyone and Julian was stuck doing some stupid shit or having stupid shit done to him.

Yet in that same span of time Sonny got to blow apart the lives of two of his kids and make a whole new one that he'll get to ignore and mistreat like the rest. They can GTFO with that nonsense.

• Love 4

The amount of time that could have been spent actually showing them connecting, getting to know and accept one another was just wasted.

But why see that when we can hear about "The Golden Girls" some more! #ugh

• Love 1

Johnny would have been safer in prison. I have a terrible feeling that he's going to end up dead. 

Alexis needs to have 1,000 seats. She told Julian she didn't want him, therefore, he's allowed to have sex with Olivia or Jordan or both at the same time, and there's not a damn thing she can do about it. 

• Love 7

Johnny taunting Sonny will never get old, even if Johnny always ultimately loses.

The "banter" between Carly and Jake was absolutely terrible.

So they're messing around with the whole "Johnny killed his Daddy/Granddaddy" storyline? What a shocker...if only I cared, at all.

Seriously. I miss the finger puppets, but they made Papa Z so disgusting that it's not a tragedy he's gone. Who cares who did it (or didn't)?

I really wanted Johnny to plant a big wet one on Sonny before he left.

It would actually be pretty fucking hilarious though if they had a montage of Johnny eating at Kelly's/MetroCourt/Jake's and sleeping with Carly/Olivia/Lulu, all set to jolly music.

If only.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5