Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Patrick is just...disgusting. What a vile, horrible person he is. I really can't say much else, I don't want to waste the time on his self serving, sorry ass.

I try to stay silent about him, but then I remember shit that pisses me off like that time Robin had to force him to go to JaSam's wedding thingie or that time he wanted Jason to stay dead. And then I'm supposed to believe he knows and accepts what Jason meant to Sam.

• Love 4

I'll bet Shawn dreams of being able to actually hit someone in the shoulder.

This made me laugh out loud.  And spew my evening cocktail all over the screen.

I ff'wd thru all things Carly.  Especially when she's with Patty.

I guess because she stayed with her son we'll get another Christmas carol this year.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2
Yes. He obviously LOVES it. Sorry Ron, but writing Anna badly is not gonna make Dr. O a hero. Nice try, buddy.

But poor Dr. O was sobbing as she had to say farewell to both her darling  Faison and daughter , who wouldn't feel so badly for her??

And there goes the ridiculous Anna, foiled yet again by her own stupidity of course. [/There isn't a sarcasm font strong enough/].

Frankly Ron deserves a swift kick to the rear as far as I'm concerned, either ahead of or behind Spencer and Patrick and they can all take turns.

Since I was waiting in a doctor's office parking lot for my parents I twitter watched today's show.  

If I had gone by that, I would have got the impression that I wouldn't like today's show.

I'm glad I watched my recording, I kept it as a favorite.

I loved Sonny getting beat up.

I loved Britt's goodbye to Spencer.

I loved the Spencer/Helena interaction.  I wonder if Nik will find out about it.

I loved Lulu and Maxie, heck I loved Carly and Patrick's talk.

• Love 4

Giving Robin, or Anna, or anyone else truly deserving satisfaction over Obrecht is not going to happen. And that's why I have come to resent the character, despite loving her on her first day, wanting more of her and loving Kathleen Gati's wonderful work on the show over the last year or two. In a way, she (and a few others like her) are to Ron what Sonny or Jason were to Bob Guza. She could be a much more organic antiheroine, but they keep handicapping everyone else to make her shine and give her all the spotlight - see also: Nina, Franco, any number of other RC/FV stars.

I would like Obrecht and KG to continue on GH in some capacity. But if it's going to stay like this - with Obrecht lording what video game players call her "plot armor" over the rest of the good guys and always getting the lion's share of sympathy despite the horrific things she does, while Anna, Robin, etc. get scraps - I would rather she go.

And yeah - the Family Westbourne/Faison weepfests make me vomit. Oh, I'll talk about it later.

I really like Dr. O, and enjoy the heck out of KG's portrayal, but i totally get where you are coming from. It wasn't fun when they did this with Sonny, Jason and Carly for decades so they shouldn't do it again with another character.  The show only benefits when everything and every one is balanced. 

I usually find Spencer to be an annoying twit, but I did love when he looked at Helena and said, "Who's this broad?" And Helena put him in line for his flip little mouth.

Oh goody, another continuity error. Yes, the Spencer played by this kid Nicholas has never interacted with Helena, but the quiet, well-mannered Spencer who got on the plane with his father Nikolas to go live abroad did. That kid who played Spencer had scenes with Granny Helena, and knew who she was, during the 'Elizabeth is pregnant with a Cassadine heir/nope Lucky's the father' storyline. 

• Love 2

My least favorite moment: Patrick to Carly - "Even though I'm mad at Robin right now, she did try everything she could to save Jason." EVEN THOUGH I'M MAD AT ROBIN!!! Seriously, Patrick?!?! He is the BIGGEST DOUCHE TO EVER DOUCHE!! Flames, flames on the side of my face!

I had a looooong rage blackout when he said that. Mostly because no one ever asks him WHY he would be mad at Robin. He just said she was threatened and blackmailed? And if his reason to be angry with her is because she went to save Jason, wouldn't Carly and Sam be like, WTF?

And if he's mad because she supposedly went to Paris to live it up, he doesn't look it. He's been smiling his stupid face off for months.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

So Patrick finds out who killed his son after six months of investigation, learns that Victor caused the car crash, which set off alarm bells about Robin, but decides to go get drunk, not out of grief for his dead son, but because Sam is mad at him and he thinks he no longer has a chance of getting her into bed?  What a winner.  If I thought Patrick didn't care about "that baby" before, this would certainly seal the deal.

I want Robin to come into town long enough to reveal Jason is alive, blow up Samtrick, and pick up Emma for a long vacation.  Three segments should be enough time to do that, no?  

Sending this post a bullet of love!

And Patrick has now started on his magical mystery tour of whoa. These are things Patrick has to be sad about:

1. He just found out Victor killed Shamwow

2. He just found out Victor tried to hurt he and EMMA to force Robin to STAY GONE

3. He might realize maybe Robin isn't still gone by choice like she hasn't been gone by choice before. hummmm

4. He knows Faison is on the scene and could pose a risk to Emma.

5. He divorced the love of his life for shitty reasons

Yet instead of being sad faced douche for any one of these reasons it is b/c Sam is going to keep her chestpillows to herself b/c he lied to her about Jason. ugh! HATE!

I forgot to mention my favorite part.  Nathan got shot IN THE SHOULDER.  

That tickles me every.damn.time.

How many shoulder wounds is that now? 

Well I've only been watching since April and I've seen 1)Liz; 2)Mac;3)Max and now 4) My det Special Kitty:( Jakson I don't care if you are BM you are on my LIST! You hurt my poor whittle baby kitty!

• Love 5

Didn't the PCPPD ever hear of disabling a vehicle by shooting the tires out?

I know it happens a lot on movies and TV shows, but truthfully it isn't that easy to do. Plus, I'd assume the police are taught to shoot the same way we were in the Army: center mass.

She could be a much more organic antiheroine, but they keep handicapping everyone else to make her shine and give her all the spotlight - see also: Nina, Franco, any number of other RC/FV stars.

Completely agree. I enjoyed Dr O to start but since she became the CoS, I can barely stand seeing her around. The CoS makes zero sense and having her morally outraged at Anna is even sillier. Look I get it, Anna took the law into her own hands blah blah blah. That hardly makes her as bad as Dr O, Faison or Sonny.

Sonny got beat up in prison. Awesome. Of course this is probably how he'll get out!

• Love 2

Seriously Faison has some people wrapped around his finger. Not only Anna and Dr. O, but Sam would rather risk her child being parentless than let Faison get away. Seriously? I've never even see mob enforcer Jason but I still would not put revenge on his killer above my own child. Poor Dany doesn't have a father you'd think Sam would be more protective of his only remaining parent than risk her life just to keep Faison in jail.

• Love 1
Ugh, BM was terrible.  He's not even remotely scaring or intimidating.  This Jason recast is so miscast, and now Helena has made him her pawn?  It's the Lucky brainwashing storyline all over again except she's not holding an ice princess.  This Jake/Jason storyline is the worst.

He seemed so flat to me, I guess that it could show him as being "robotic" though I'm probably giving them too much credit to even think about having him play it that way. 

I mean really this guy put on face paint and a mask, grabbed the tiniest woman in town, since Robin is still MIA, and since the PCPD is filled with idiots he got away after shooting one of the aforementioned idiots in the shoulder.

Basically he only managed to succeed at his mission because of dumb luck and dumb fucks pardon my French. There's really no reason why he deserved to make it out of that parking lot alive.

The stupidity of it all is truly becoming overwhelming. And the uselessness too, imho, is just so obvious.

Although I guess there is the small blessing that Sam didn't marvel at the way Jakson shot Nathan and proclaim "I'd know that trigger finger anywhere!".

• Love 2
Poor Danny doesn't have a father you'd think Sam would be more protective of his only remaining parent than risk her life just to keep Faison in jail.

Danny has a daddy -- at least that's what he calls Patrick!

By all the gushing, people on Twitter really loved the goodbye scenes on the dock. I'll miss Bratt, and Nathan/Britt, but that's about all. And I didn't understand why Helena was trying to comfort Liesl at the end. I don't have as much of a problem with Dr. O as all of you do, but then again Patrick doesn't bother me either. I think he and Carly should get together, since everyone hates them both so much. There's no point in him being unattached with Robin forever in limbo. They can put them back together when the show ends, but they need to just end everything for now. People complained a ton when he was mourning the first time around, barely even able to move or get off the couch. Now he's the new Satan.

Ah, my two seconds of Sam/Dante scenes. Guess that will have to last me another year.

Frankly, the show bores me when Ava isn't on, so I haven't had much to say lately. Anna/FH and Faison/AH were phenomenal last week though.

Love Johnny having his goons beat the fuck out of Sonny, but him acting like Connie was this great character is a big turnoff. She sucked, Johnny. In every way.

• Love 2

Awwww, wasn't that sweet when Magda Goebbels had to stay behind to take of her son, while Herr Schikelgruber and Eva Braun took off on the yacht, all provided, of course by our own Lizzie Borden.  

Lizzie Borden took an ax, gave our soap opera 40 whacks,

When we saw what she had done, we gave Ron C. 41.           (I  know, doesn't make sense but be kind - I JUST watched this show.....)

I'm all for sentiment, but I draw the line at getting teary-eyed because a family group of rabid weasels says goodbye to each other.

And I'm disappointed Helena didn't decide to create Dickolas a perfect child and decide to take Spenthwer along to use as spare parts.

OH!  And Patrick and Carly, commiserating together at the bar - those two ...... there are no words, just no words......

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
And I didn't understand why Helena was trying to comfort Liesl at the end.

Awww, I kinda liked that Helena put an (evil) comforting hand on Dr. Obrecht.  Seeing two lunatics so in love probably reminds her of Mikkos.

While dumb from a character standpoint, the crying between Britt and Dr. Obrecht got to me a little because I think it was really Kelly Thiebaud and Kathleen Gati being sad.

• Love 1

Awww, I kinda liked that Helena put an (evil) comforting hand on Dr. Obrecht.  Seeing two lunatics so in love probably reminds her of Mikkos.

While dumb from a character standpoint, the crying between Britt and Dr. Obrecht got to me a little because I think it was really Kelly Thiebaud and Kathleen Gati being sad.

Oh yeah, it definitely was. All the goodbyes on Twitter have been really sweet. Especially this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTD0J0pFjIQ&feature=youtu.be

• Love 4

Helena? Comforting? I can't!

lol I didn't even realize Brad had been a recast.

Original Brad was some random heavy dude.

Edited by jsbt

I think it was, because not to be mean, because one minute she's genuinely crying and the next it was, "no. I can't leave. My brother." Her goodbye with Spencer was sweet though too.

Edited by ulkis

This tearful Seventh Heaven type family goodbye literally made me sick.

"Take care of her."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

They completely neutered Faison. He's dead to me. Dead.

• Love 4
They completely neutered Faison. He's dead to me. Dead.

I think he's playing them all. He'll soon have Britt and that ship's crew hogtied in a yellow raft and cast out to sea as he then commandeers the boat, heading for parts unknown.

I actually kept wondering myself why Britt would just go with Faison willingly. Does she not recall or care that he doesn't like her?

Actually he's never been shown to give a single shit about her pretty much so she should be thinking that the only reason he doesn't mind her tagging along is because she's tall enough to use for a human shield.

• Love 5

You know what would be hilarious?  If in a week or two, Dr. Obrecht was like, "Okay, Nathan's all fixed up, time to run away with Caesar!".  And then Helena was like, "Yeeeah, about that, I took Faison and your daughter prisoner.  Do what I say if you ever want to see them again."  Hee!

• Love 8

For all of Ron's faults, he least he hasn't had a woman and/or a doctor leave the show in a bodybag.

Yes, I am aware that he killed off Allison, but she wasn't really a uGH character and he also killed Irena, but she like that entire story, is best ignored and forgotten.

I had completely forgotten about either until you mentioned them. Fewer dead people, both in recent deaths and long-gone deaths, is one of my favorite qualities of TPTB. Yes, they could be better managed, but I'm just happy to know these characters keep on living even if not on my screen.

I'd bet money that Ron can't keep straight how Patty is supposed to act and feel.

The plot in Feb./March was Victor blackmailing Robin to save Jason...AND...Robin WANTING to save Jason for his loved ones.

Shortly after that, though, Ron decided to use one side of that story with regards to Patty: Robin WANTING to save Jason.

So, back in July, Patty told Anna that Robin chose to walk out on him and she gave him no choice but to divorce her. The cherry on top was saying that her "loyalties," aka Jason, were unacceptable and she doesn't put her family first.

At the clinic in August, Patrick is all, "WHY aren't you home!? My baby died! Sam was there for me! Oh, you couldn't save Jason and you still want to stay here!? Have fun with your corpses!"

After the clinic explosion and again today, however, Ron decides to go with the other half of the story: Victor's threats.

Patty tells Sam that Robin was threatened and blackmailed to save Jase. She was forced to go along with Victor's plan or Jase would die. He couldn't say anything because he didn't want to put Robin or her work at risk.

My head. It hurts.

The throughline here is that is how Patrick spins things to always present himself as righteous, blameless and justified.  "Robin CHOSE to leave!  She CHOSE to save Jason!... therefore I am righteous, blameless and completely justified in divorcing her".  "Victor was keeping Robin silent through threats and coercion!... therefore I am righteous, blameless, and completely justified in keeping the fact that Jason was alive from you."

It's all about Patty saying whatever is necessary to get what he wants.

I swear, this show is giving me DID (with a hefty side dose of ADHD).  I went from jumping up and down and cheering at Johnny taunting Sonny and Sonny getting the royal beatdown he so thoroughly deserves*, to snarling and raging at Douchelord Drake once again revealing the epic douchiness of his douchey self.  Oh, yes, Patty, the REAL tragedy here is that YOU never got any "benefits" from Sam.

DIAF already.

The rest of the show was pretty good.

* - Although what is it with Sonny sitting around acting like the biggest Sad Panda in Port Charles?  Has Michael cast the Droopy Curse onto him?

• Love 6

I'd rather watch an episode of Micheal and Monica staring a family photos. Or you know, Monica being the doctor who treats Sonny's wounds (in this fucked up town, anything is possible ) and she is professional, but then tells him exactly how little sympathy she has for him. Or Monica testifying at a competency hearing for Sonny to go to a psych ward and telling the jury every single thing she's seen him do to her children, grandchildren, husband, and friends. I want Micheal to testify, saying every thing Sonny took from him.

• Love 3

Bye Britt. You were so sparkly with Nik until Ron ruined it. Blah.

Will Patrick ever get a clue? And Anna? I hate how the writers dumb down characters to make their stupid storylines work.

• Love 6
I also wanted her shot for that godawful line about Nathan's body with Maxie at Kelly's.

The Dr. O/Britt/Faison scenes were disgusting. Dr. O is a sociopath, Britt is trash, and Faison needs a brush.

I've had nearly a day to process, and yesterday may have been the single-worst written hour of television I've ever witnessed.  It was self-entitled, sophomoric, and silly.  The dialogue was a bunch of clichés and bad jokes strung together, with a horribly written and executed plot point ("You're surrounded! You can't get out alive! Here -- I'll throw you the keys and let you leave!")

From Lulu's and Maxie's asinine comments about Nathan's and Dante's bodies -- it just didn't flow like how women -- or at least the women I know -- talk.  And then Lulu admitting that she knew all along what Maxie meant, but that she played dumb just because she wanted to get her joke in?  You could see the writer's wheels turning, and not able to figure out how to pull of his joke, so then he thinks he writes himself out of it by actually just saying, "Yeah, it didn't make sense, but I wanted to say what I wanted to say, and it was going to happen no matter what." It's the literary equivalent of a shrug.

I still can't get over Helena's "townie." We've known her for nearly 20 years now, not including our brief introduction in 1981.  Helena has never once used the term 'townie' in all that time, and we all know that term would never have occurred to her. It doesn't occur to us.  It's some phrase Ron picked up from growing up in upstate New York or watching movies or tv.  And every time someone uses it on the show, I see Ron's imprint. It's his word, not any natural GH characters. It makes no sense. And we all know Helena's go to put down word is 'peasant.' They're all peasants to her, and no need to differentiate between the town-based ones and the others. I know it's a minor point. but these writers indulging themselves like this? So annoying to me.

And the sickly lovefest that was Dr. O, Faison, and their suddenly now darling daughter. Faison suddenly caring who Britt even was? Returning Dr. O's affection?  The "I love you" exchanges? Words can't describe how jaw-droppingly disgusting I found that.  Just imagine a tear-filled scene with Jeffrey Dahlmer with his mother before he goes to prison.  Or Charlie Manson with his kids.  Really -- we're supposed to be moved by this? 

Funny how they didn't bring up Britt leaving Ben, the child she carried and reared for a few weeks or months. Oh, that's right, it would be a reminder that she's a selfish, manipulative bitch who is only sorry when she's been caught. Good riddance.

And good riddance to the now-dead-to-me Faison, too.

I truly need a 12-step program to walk away from this show. It's my Brokeback Mountain.

• Love 5

From Lulu's and Maxie's asinine comments about Nathan's and Dante's bodies -- it just didn't flow like how women -- or at least the women I know -- talk.  And then Lulu admitting that she knew all along what Maxie meant, but that she played dumb just because she wanted to get her joke in?  You could see the writer's wheels turning, and not able to figure out how to pull of his joke, so then he thinks he writes himself out of it by actually just saying, "Yeah, it didn't make sense, but I wanted to say what I wanted to say, and it was going to happen no matter what." It's the literary equivalent of a shrug.

I thought the part about Dante's gym time going up was funny. I thought it was hokey when Maxie said "not that Dante's ever been a slouch in that department" and Lulu was all "Excuse me? Are you looking?" Like, she's been with the guy 1600 years now and this is her best friend with whom she has been friends with even longer; unless she was joking (and that's how I'm choosing to look at it) it sounds so unnatural to be like "gasp excuse me did you just mention the obvious fact that my husband works out! I can't believe you observed something any stranger in the street could see!" Even as a joke, it's a pretty lame one. All so they could get to the line "well Nathan's taken too, kind of". 

And that reminds me, that picture of Nathan on Maxie's phone looks pretty creepy. What, did he send her his mugshot?

And the sickly lovefest that was Dr. O, Faison, and their suddenly now darling daughter. Faison suddenly caring who Britt even was? Returning Dr. O's affection?  The "I love you" exchanges? Words can't describe how jaw-droppingly disgusting I found that.  Just imagine a tear-filled scene with Jeffrey Dahlmer with his mother before he goes to prison.  Or Charlie Manson with his kids.  Really -- we're supposed to be moved by this? 

Funny how they didn't bring up Britt leaving Ben, the child she carried and reared for a few weeks or months. Oh, that's right, it would be a reminder that she's a selfish, manipulative bitch who is only sorry when she's been caught. Good riddance.

And good riddance to the now-dead-to-me Faison, too.

It was putrid. We were supposed to be feeling Obrecht's pain. What a joke! They have gone way too far with this character.

However, I don't believe a word Faison says in any of his scenes with Obrecht this time around. In my head, this is all still part of his master plan. If he loved her, he would have been asking to see her at PCPD. Instead, he was playing Silence of the Lambs with Anna.

• Love 1

I'll second that emotion. Say what you like about Britt and Liesl, and but Spencer doesn't have to grow up to be an even worse horror show than he already is. I hate to say that about a kid, and given who his parents are/were it's no surprise that he is the way he is, but yeah.

• Love 7

Speaking of Spencer, I wonder how long before he tries to shove that ring that Britt gave him onto Emma's finger.  "Bwitt said to give it to somewone I truly wuv and that's you, Emma, my darling!". 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

He seemed so flat to me, I guess that it could show him as being "robotic" though I'm probably giving them too much credit to even think about having him play it that way. 

I mean really this guy put on face paint and a mask, grabbed the tiniest woman in town, since Robin is still MIA, and since the PCPD is filled with idiots he got away after shooting one of the aforementioned idiots in the shoulder.

Basically he only managed to succeed at his mission because of dumb luck and dumb fucks pardon my French. There's really no reason why he deserved to make it out of that parking lot alive.

The stupidity of it all is truly becoming overwhelming. And the uselessness too, imho, is just so obvious.

Although I guess there is the small blessing that Sam didn't marvel at the way Jakson shot Nathan and proclaim "I'd know that trigger finger anywhere!".

Lol, so true.  I hate how RC is writing Anna and the PCPD, especially as he continues to prop his psychopathic favorites:  Nina, Franco, Olbrecht, Faison, Helena, etc.  BM is completely unrecognizable as Jason Morgan, and not in a good way.  In 20 years, no one has been able to control Jason (not his friends, family, etc), but Helena turns him into a robot in a few days.  Yeah, okay.  The camp on GH, under RC, is getting out of control, and he's just making a mess of the show.  

i did enjoy Sonny and Johnny for nostalgia's sake, but the rest of the show is all.over.the.place.  Faison suddenly loves his daughter and wants to have a life with her and Olbrecht??!  Helena has no interest in threatening Britt nor does she care about the emergence of Nathan as a Cassadine (and she has to know since she supposedly knows everything)?  Since when is Helena sympathetic to anyone, let alone Olbrecht?  Throw in the rest that you mentioned:  Jakepod walking into the PCPD in full ninja mode and no one noticing, Nathan "bleeding out" on the lawn, Anna being completely non-reactive to Faison escaping . . . GMAFB!

• Love 1
Also, I loved how Johnny was like nah screw you, me and Connie used each other and were close friends towards the end. Granted, she did try to kill him, but that's like a birthday card in Port Charles.

I always had a thing for that relationship (Connie/Johnny) so it was nice to hear Johnny looking back somewhat fondly on it, despite all the sleaziness and hate and animosity that brought them together in the first place.

Faison is playing everyone, so I dont think were supposed to take this new caring dad thing seriously.

• Love 2

I dunno why anyone would have brought Ben up at that particularly moment.

I do think Ron completely dropped the ball as far as Britt's lingering feelings for Ben and I feel like that drove a lot of her feelings about Spencer, but of course, Ron would rather Spencer show up to make "The Golden Girls" jokes.

• Love 2
I've had nearly a day to process, and yesterday may have been the single-worst written hour of television I've ever witnessed.  It was self-entitled, sophomoric, and silly

Amen amen. Yet again Ron and his slaggard crew are hard at work pushing forth agendas, not giving a damn about actual storytelling.

Lulu and Maxie have had some pretty shitty scenes but the ones from yesterday just might take the cake. It was like watching an episode of "Saved By The Bell" minus the laugh track.

I'd still love an explanation on how being shot in the shoulder is a life threatening injury, unless a deadly infection sets in after the fact. Why not just give him scurvy?

And I can't even get started on the scenes between Carly and Patrick. Every time they opened their mouths nothing but plot points fell out.

Somehow Carly is singing Patrick's praises as being someone Jason would think is good for Sam to move on with and Patrick was being his usual self victimizing self, talking out of both sides of his mouth and doing everything but actually taking responsibility, such a shocker, or actual showing concern for anything beyond getting into Sam's pants.

• Love 4

And I didn't understand why Helena was trying to comfort Liesl at the end.

That comforting gesture from Helena rattled me; she's not a nurturer so she's gotta be up to something, right? 

I still can't get over Helena's "townie." We've known her for nearly 20 years now, not including our brief introduction in 1981.  Helena has never once used the term 'townie' in all that time, and we all know that term would never have occurred to her. It doesn't occur to us.  It's some phrase Ron picked up from growing up in upstate New York or watching movies or tv.  And every time someone uses it on the show, I see Ron's imprint. It's his word, not any natural GH characters. It makes no sense. And we all know Helena's go to put down word is 'peasant.' They're all peasants to her, and no need to differentiate between the town-based ones and the others. I know it's a minor point. but these writers indulging themselves like this? So annoying to me.

The way the majority of characters are being written as out of character, it was bound to happen to Helena too. ( I tell myself that it's a side effect of all the dying/reviving. That has gotta mess with a person)

I liked the goodbye scenes but I viewed them as KT's good-bye's, not Britt's. 

• Love 4

You know, one of the biggest differences for me between someone like Dr O and or Franco, Nina, etc and the old regime's shoving Sam, Carly, Jason, Sonny, Courtney, Emily et al down my throat, is first of all, airtime. They all in the beginning were on every freaking day, and had front burner stories for most of their runs. I can't recall Sonny or Jason ever truly being backburnered, though the women's SL's were often just as appendages to the men.

Nina was shoved down our throats in the beginning, and I guess Franco was too, but Dr O is rarely on. Have we ever even seen where she lives? I don't see her as a character shoved down my throat.

I also don't see the writing as forcing me to love Nina, Ava, Franco, Kiki, Dr O or Britt. The writing these days is NOT like Guza-where I always felt like he was telling the audience if they didn't fall down and worship at the feet of one of their pets, I was a horrible person.

It was like anvils, in every show, how great these characters are/were, and if I didn't agree, I was an idiot.

I don't think that is what RC is doing at all. Sure, they have their faves, every regime does. But, still. I feel with this regime, I can make up my own mind.

I don't think having sad or sentimental music playing during a scene with Franco/Nina or Dr O or anyone else that's bashed here, means we HAVE to feel what the writers want us to feel. And more importantly, as I've stated before, I think it's okay to feel sympathy for a character, to cry for or with them, but to at the same time, not really like them, or maybe you're normally apathetic towards them.

For instance, the death of BJ Jones. I've always found the Jones family to be so bland and dull that I just didn't care about them. Bobbie Spencer and Felicia Jones just don't do it for me. But when BJ died, I bawled buckets.

So no, I don't think for anyone that got a bit teary at those scenes yesterday, means they love villains or they approve of what was happening or of the people involved. It just means something emotional was happening, and sometimes viewers react emotionally to tearful moments.

Who hasn't cried at a sad story on the news, or rejoiced at a happy story, and we don't even know those people, and chances are very good that some of us, if we did know them, wouldn't like them on a personal level? Yet we are moved by them. Same thing here. Same principle applies. I wasn't moved by the boring teenage angst story of Stone and Robin, but I was moved by the sad death of Stone. Doesn't mean I particularly cared about either character outside of that, because I didn't.

Same principle, again, here with those characters yesterday.

And, I don't think it's Dr O making Anna look incompetent. They've written the PCPD incompetent for a while now, but it's more or less a plot point. They needed Faison to get away. Even if Dr O had nothing to do with it, it would have gone down the same way. Now personally, I would have written it with Faison taking Britt hostage, and honestly, when I first learned they'd both be leaving at the same time, that's how it would go down. It's far more IC for him-but I kind of liked him being gentle with Dr O yesterday. She's devoted so much of her life to him, he owed her that at least.

Seriously, KT is leaving a hole. One more character with potential, gone. *sigh*

• Love 6

Overall, I did enjoy the episode.  The trick is to just not to think too hard about the logics at play.  ;)

This is what I do. Well that and pretend the show is a comedy. It usually works, but every now and then it's just so bad and/or boring that I have to peace out for awhile.

I always had a thing for that relationship (Connie/Johnny) so it was nice to hear Johnny looking back somewhat fondly on it, despite all the sleaziness and hate and animosity that brought them together in the first place.

I too loved Connie/Johnny, so I awww-ed at him thinking about her fondly.

• Love 3