Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Happy Thanksgiving, whether you are snowed under - as I now am! - or not. :-)  May your feast be bountiful, may your family and friends come together with laughter and fun, and may you collapse contentedly into a tryptophan-induced coma once everything is over...before some of you work it off by braving the crowds of insane bargain-hunting shoppers either on Turkey Day evening or at the crack of dawn tomorrow!  :-)

• Love 10

Alexis couldn't undo Luke's buckles yet she had buckles on her sweater.

Julian helps her with those ; )

I'm not feeling BM's chemistry with any of the women he's interacted with so far. they need to keep on with the chem testing. 

Personally I'm looking forward to Duke running Sonny's territory wether he runs it into the ground, or he's a smashing success and refuses to hand it back. (He and Anna at odds over all of this could be interesting. Won't be, but could.) 

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! 

• Love 1

3. Dante looked good, damn good

Dante and Ned in one room is a yummy Thanksgiving!! So to all my American friends...have a great one!!

So Baby Rocco was left in the kitchen with Alice, but then Alice came in with the pizzas ...so is Rocco in the care of Cook 2, "Typhoid Mary"?

Edited by Blackie
  • Love 2

I'm going to give Ron one for this, at the very least:  Sonny seems to understand and accept Michael's decision to renounce the Corinthos name and, unlike Carly, is dealing with it.  I do like the different reactions and can appreciate it.  The only thing I am really missing in all of this is an AJ haunting.  He has got to be gloating somewhere over all of it.

Did Tracy call Alexis Ned's girlfriend?  Can Ron please not play with my Nexis loving heart?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Love 3

I don't think Morgan and Molly have even seen each other in the whole time he's been back in town.

I remember exactly one scene where Morgan went to see Molly, but he had an ulterior motive because he was working for the Jeromes then.

So thankful for the bounty of humor and snark you all put on the table every day.  Have a great holiday!

• Love 2

Dr. O is not a gray character. She is a cartoon.

As are a lot of the characters these days. RC wouldn't know what it means to write a gray character to save his life. Plus, not every single character should be gray or black. In my opinion, a soap needs good guys. And not just good guys but good guys who get to win more often than not.

RC (and Guza) may have believed they were writing a daytime version of The Soprano's with the Sonny gummy bear mob, but neither have/had a clue how to do that. Tony Soprano was not presented as some romantic lead, hero character. Oh he had some moments where you might forget what he was, but the writers always made sure to remind us.

Sonny is declared a good guy, honorable, good father etc by all sorts of characters. Only in the GH universe is this possible. He's a mobster! Mob guys are not people with hearts of gold. Oh I know Sonny is a 'good' mobster because he doesn't deal drugs. I mean forget all that shooting and killing that goes on, he doesn't deal drugs!

We barely see the hospital anymore which is ridiculous for a show called General Hospital and to add pain to that we are stuck with Dr O as the Chief of Staff. Really?!? We've gone from a good, strong character like Steve Hardy as COS to Dr O - an insane murderer and stalker. That's excellent progress.

The Nina drugged a woman, stole her baby and now she's off on an adventure with Franco the serial killer where I'll bet romance will bloom. Really?!? This is what passes for romance on this show these days? I remember Robert and Holly marrying for convenience and then falling in love. It was a wonderful storyline. A potential Franco and Nina pairing? Pffft.

I honestly don't know what I'm watching on this show. I don't understand what RC is trying to do because nothing makes sense: we barely have a Quartermaine family anymore, but Dr O's family keeps getting bigger. We have a kiddie romance with Spencer spouting lines about Emma being the love of his life. We have Luke/Fluke which stopped being interesting almost as soon as it started and we aren't any closer to a resolution. Add the many characters who are simply not necessary and it all sucks.

Also, why is Carlos still in prison? I assume he still is because we certainly haven't seen him or heard that he was freed.

It's quite sad to see how low this show great show has sunk.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Love 10
Also, why is Carlos still in prison? I assume he still is because we certainly haven't seen him or heard that he was freed.

Because he actually did attempt to kill with AJ, and it was proven.

Sorry I forgot which show I'm watching. Yeah, why is he still out of jail, since it is totes okay to murder the innocent and kidnap people. 

• Love 1
With Elizabeth and Sam's history, no decent human being would have suggested, let alone basically coerced them into spending a family holiday together

Patrick gets a heavy side eye from me for inviting Sam and Danny along with him to Liz's dinner, but I have no problem with Sam and Danny being there. Sam and Liz have buried the hatchet. They aren't besties, but they also aren't arch enemies. 

Happy Thanksgiving, one and all! May your meals not be spoiled by unwanted interlopers!

• Love 6

I'm going to give Ron one for this, at the very least:  Sonny seems to understand and accept Michael's decision to renounce the Corinthos name and, unlike Carly, is dealing with it.  I do like the different reactions and can appreciate it.  The only thing I am really missing in all of this is an AJ haunting.  He has got to be gloating somewhere over all of it.

Did Tracy call Alexis Ned's girlfriend?  Can Ron please not play with my Nexis loving heart?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Going to prison has done wonders for Sonny, more than all the breakdowns and talking about claustrophobia and Deke and how all the guiiiiiiiiiilt is gonna eat him up alive. He looks a) kinda attractive and b) kinda sympathetic, finally. Well, not shoe-polishing his beard like he does his hair helps with part a.  imo, of course.

ETA: today they're repeating the episode where Morgan kisses Olivia. Dare I hope they're showing it because it means people (i.e. other characters) will find out about it? Meh, probably not, but they should, because that would be hilarious.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

As are a lot of the characters these days. RC wouldn't know what it means to write a gray character to save his life. Plus, not every single character should be gray or black. In my opinion, a soap needs good guys. And not just good guys but good guys who get to win more often than not.

RC (and Guza) may have believed they were writing a daytime version of The Soprano's with the Sonny gummy bear mob, but neither have/had a clue how to do that. Tony Soprano was not presented as some romantic lead, hero character. Oh he had some moments where you might forget what he was, but the writers always made sure to remind us.

Sonny is declared a good guy, honorable, good father etc by all sorts of characters. Only in the GH universe is this possible. He's a mobster! Mob guys are not people with hearts of gold. Oh I know Sonny is a 'good' mobster because he doesn't deal drugs. I mean forget all that shooting and killing that goes on, he doesn't deal drugs!

We barely see the hospital anymore which is ridiculous for a show called General Hospital and to add pain to that we are stuck with Dr O as the Chief of Staff. Really?!? We've gone from a good, strong character like Steve Hardy as COS to Dr O - an insane murderer and stalker. That's excellent progress.

The Nina drugged a woman, stole her baby and now she's off on an adventure with Franco the serial killer where I'll bet romance will bloom. Really?!? This is what passes for romance on this show these days? I remember Robert and Holly marrying for convenience and then falling in love. It was a wonderful storyline. A potential Franco and Nina pairing? Pffft.

I honestly don't know what I'm watching on this show. I don't understand what RC is trying to do because nothing makes sense: we barely have a Quartermaine family anymore, but Dr O's family keeps getting bigger. We have a kiddie romance with Spencer spouting lines about Emma being the love of his life. We have Luke/Fluke which stopped being interesting almost as soon as it started and we aren't any closer to a resolution. Add the many characters who are simply not necessary and it all sucks.

It's quite sad to see how low this show great show has sunk.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just THIS to everything you wrote.

• Love 1

I just laughed and laughed when that midgety moobster said his name still had some weight. I'm looking forward to seeing his punkass ass get the shit beaten out of him. No sympathy for him whatsofucking ever.

I haven't watched this show in MONTHS. Since AJ was murdered. And only watched a few episodes online when Robin returned and of course to see Michael disown that shebeast and moobster.  That said, I did watch the last two episodes, and I really think that Alexis saved the real Luke. There was no...something off in the eye/contempt in Geary's eyes, that the fakeLuke had. The tone is very different when FakeLuke spoke.  And though I loathe Luke, I recognized that roguish charm in the wink he gave Tracy.

Then again, I am fully aware of who is writing this show, so I'll probably just shrug if it turns out that this isn't really Luke after all.

Not that I care.

And a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my fellow masochists who continue to watch this dreck! Eat lots of turkey, mashed 'taters, cranberry sauce, etc., etc.

• Love 4

Just finished dinner, but haven't started the cleanup yet. 

I had to stop in here first, and say that I'm thankful for this group of GH fans, who understand that we can complain and snark together because of our affection for the show. Happy Thanksgiving (or happy Thursday to the Canadians)!

• Love 6

I'm lucky - going to my son's house for Thanksgiving - no clean-up.  I also have my grandson home for a few days following a deployment in the Persian Gulf, and my first great grand-baby - no complaints here.  Hope everyone has a great day, and sorry I missed the Canadian Thanksgiving on Oct. 13 - better late than never.  Thankful for the laughs from you guys here. 

• Love 11

Hey all you marvelous snarkers!  I hope your day was great.  I'm in a tryptophan haze, NOT moving more than I need to, which means I'm missing dessert across the street.  Oh well, maybe they'll deliver....

If not, we have (I kid you not) pizza from last night if I get tired of the turkey.

But one thing I NEVER get tired of is reading the posts here.  Thanks for the thoughts, and the laughs.

• Love 4

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of food and family!

Too bad Wednesday basically sucked. The whole Helena at Liz's thing was as contrived as Patrick and Sam being there.

The only way Alexis bringing Luke back could be considered a twist is if it turns out it actually is the real Luke. Otherwise it is beyond obvious and insulting to the viewers.

Loved Michael with Danny. Didn't even both with Carly and Sonny. How about you spend some time with the two children who actually speak to you on Thanksgiving and not the your murderous ex-husband who is in prison.

Used to like Duke - not anymore. Anna can do so much better.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 5

And deny Frau Doktor the chance of screaming half English/half German into the hole as she searched for her beloved...?

Memo to the idiot GH writers and directors: in German, "Mutter" is "mother" and "Vater" is "father". Dr Liesl Obrecht calls herself "Mutter" to her children, but when referring to a  male parent she invariably says "VahZAH". There is no sibilant sound in "Vater," yet Dr O continually uses one, saying "VahZAH"

THE STUPID, IT BURNS!!

• Love 3

Memo to the idiot GH writers and directors: in German, "Mutter" is "mother" and "Vater" is "father". Dr Liesl Obrecht calls herself "Mutter" to her children, but when referring to a  male parent she invariably says "VahZAH". There is no sibilant sound in "Vater," yet Dr O continually uses one, saying "VahZAH"

THE STUPID, IT BURNS!!

Because I'm still mostly in a food coma, I looked it up, and Kathleen Gati is from Canada, which I hadn't know before. I wouldn't know an Eastern European accent if it smacked me upside the head, so Liesl's misuse of German doesn't bother me. It's one of the few things that doesn't on this show anymore.

Hope everyone who celebrates Turkey Day had a great one, and ate way too much the way I did. :-)

• Love 1

THE STUPID, IT BURNS!!

Because I'm still mostly in a food coma, I looked it up, and Kathleen Gati is from Canada, which I hadn't know before. I wouldn't know an Eastern European accent if it smacked me upside the head, so Liesl's misuse of German doesn't bother me. It's one of the few things that doesn't on this show anymore.

Hope everyone who celebrates Turkey Day had a great one, and ate way too much the way I did. :-)

But Dr. O. isn't really from Germany.  I'm positive that she hails from Freedonia,  She's a friend of Mrs. Teasdale and Rufus T. Firefly.  And she obviously not only knows the national anthem by heart, but lives by it, too.  

No one's allowed to smoke,

Or tell a dirty joke,

And whistling is forbidden.

If chewing gum is chewed,

The chewer is pursued,

And in the hoosegow hidden.

If any form of pleasure is exhibited,

Report to me and it will be prohibited.

I'll put my foot down, so shall it be,

This is the land of the free.

The last man nearly ruined this place,

He didn't know what to do with it

If you think this country's bad off now,

Just wait 'til I get through with it

The country's taxes must be fixed

And I know what to do with it

If you think you're paying too much now

Just wait till I get through with it

I will not stand for anything that's crooked or unfair

I'm strictly on the up and up, so everyone beware.

If any man's caught taking graft, and I don't get my share

We stand 'im up against the wall and ... Pop!  goes the weasel.

Ah yes, Liesel has nothing on Margaret Dumont.

But I'm really surprised that she brought spaetzel and not Duck Soup......

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

The Luke/Fluke stuff is just dumb. I noticed when Alexis was freeing Luke he did call her Natasha ... Fluke wouldn't do that would he? I mean if the theory might be that she freed Fluke and not Luke. Fluke didn't even know Dante's name so it seems unlikely he'd know Natasha. But then again this is RC ... so never mind.

Before Fluke ordered a hit on Julian's family, he visited Alexis in her house.  He brought a weapon and it looked like he was planning on offing her himself but then TJ showed up.  During that scene Fluke called Alexis Natasha.

I love how everyone talks around Larry Ashton as if he can't hear them.  Almost as good as Faison standing in front of french doors staring at people in a room.

I don't like Helena.  She creeps me out.  And there's no way, that no one would have offed her if given the chance.  She's old and brittle.  It can't take much.

The pizza was lame.  So is Carly who conveniently forgets she has other children including a minor.

It looked to me that Duke wanted Anna to break up with him so he could feel good about taking over Sonny's business.

Why is everyone confiding in Spencer all their relationship woes?  Nic. Britt. Nathan. Dr. O.   I'm sure there are more.

Who else was invited to Liz's house?  Patrick made it sound like other people were going to be there when it was just Jake and kids.

Did Emma ever get her bottom smacked for skipping school to go with Spencer to the stables? Everything seemed hunky dory between Emma and Dad at Thanksgiving. Either he isn't aware of the incident because Nik and Britt didn't tell on her, or Patrick is too pre-occupied with playing detective and watching Sam's chest pillows bounce to think about his parental responsibilities. Of course if Patrick is Faison in a mask, he wouldn't care if Emma skipped school.

Britt's red dress did seem more appropriate for a Christmas or New Year's party than for Thanksgiving.

Seemed out of character for Dr O to volunteer to go back and retrieve Spencer's missing pilgrim hat. But of course it was just a plot point so she'd see the lurking Faison, and passionate grand music could swell...

Were we supposed to wipe away a tear when Luke appeared at the Quartermaine's for dinner? I'm betting that the moment he entered the place, the food poisoning was unleashed on his unholy breath.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

I do wish that aside from that kiss, that Olivia and Morgan could have become friends. Olivia needs some to mother and poor Morgan needs a real mother. I can see Olivia feeding Morgan some pasta and dispensing some advice.

• Love 4

Much easier to catch up on 3 eps than 5. Thought Mondays sucked, Tuesday and Wednesday marginally better. 

I find this stuff with Luke just mind numbing, and Lulu saying who's face could it be when looking at the blueprint on the laptop? *facepalm*  Alexis and Julian's convo at the jail was just ridiculous...this stuff is making me need a drink. I feel stupid for watching it. I did like the Anna and Duke scenes, a different writer must have come up with that because it actually was about something. The Jakeson stuff is also really dumb but I still like BM and BH's chemistry. Sam and Liz have mended fences but still a little silly she'd spend Thanksgiving there, whatever show. And Carly and Michael scenes were a little maddening because Carly just justifies every little thing in her own twisted mind. 

• Love 3

Okay, so Patrick may not be Faison but that doesn't mean we aren't still dealing with someone else in a mask pretending to be him. I am really hoping that TPTB come up with some reason for his recent behavior because I cannot believe what we have been seeing.

As anyone who has read my fan fictions can attest, I am a Scrubs fan but this goes beyond that because I find as an audience member I insulted by this whole storyline. There are a dozen different ways they could have created a umbrella storyline without destroying numerous characters like Tracy, Anna, Patrick, Liz and Alexis. These people are doing stupid things for stupid reasons and it is really annoying me.

In addition, they are shoving characters I have no reason to care about like Kiki, Franco and Nina down my throat and giving them airtime that could be spent creating a compelling, complex storyline involving legacy characters doing things that make actual fucking sense.

Rant over - thank you for letting me vent.

• Love 12

Patrick's ridic behavior makes me believe that the writers don't really care about him and don't want to give JT material. They could easily make Patty complex and torn and guilty and sad and angry over various different issues, but all he's been doing these past few months is freakishly smiling.

• Love 7

I disagree.  I like most of the characters on this show, and I find most in character (I know, I know, majorly in minority here).  Even, gasp, Tracy, I'm very sad to say.  Is she in character as Tracy was originally written or as she was written for years?  No.  But is she in character as Guza wrote her for the last, oh, ten years or so?  Unfortunately, yes!  I know we all hate it, but RC is writing the Tracy that has mostly been on our screens for the last 5-10 years with a few exceptions here and there that mostly have come from day-script writers who DO remember the real character and Jane Elliot's brilliance.  Tracy has been a ruined character for a LONG time.  It's NOT RC's fault.  I wish he'd taken the opportunity with AJ's return to fix the character, absolutely, but he didn't destroy Tracy Q., Guza did that a long time ago.  RC has just written her as she's been written for years.  This is, whether we like it or not, the Tracy Q we have now and have for several years.

I don't think it matters that Ron isn't the one who initially wrecked Tracy. As you say, he could have repaired the damage Guza did, and he chose not to. That is his fault and I do blame him for it. If he wasn't the King Of All Of Hackdom, (in addition to being the fool, which saves on payroll*) he would have turned his attention to fixing the things that Guza trashed, not make the problem worse, as he has with Patrick. Just because the guy who had the job before Ron sucked, that doesn't give Ron leeway to suck in completely new and different ways. Nor should it.

*Hey, Ron, if you're reading this, there's a Golden Girls reference you should be familiar with.

• Love 12

I disagree.  I like most of the characters on this show, and I find most in character (I know, I know, majorly in minority here).  Even, gasp, Tracy, I'm very sad to say.  Is she in character as Tracy was originally written or as she was written for years?  No.  But is she in character as Guza wrote her for the last, oh, ten years or so?  Unfortunately, yes!  I know we all hate it, but RC is writing the Tracy that has mostly been on our screens for the last 5-10 years with a few exceptions here and there that mostly have come from day-script writers who DO remember the real character and Jane Elliot's brilliance.  Tracy has been a ruined character for a LONG time.  It's NOT RC's fault.  I wish he'd taken the opportunity with AJ's return to fix the character, absolutely, but he didn't destroy Tracy Q., Guza did that a long time ago.  RC has just written her as she's been written for years.  This is, whether we like it or not, the Tracy Q we have now and have for several years.

Sam, Alexis, Carly, Elizabeth, Luke, Maxie, Dante, etc. are being written in character.  Mostly the ones who have changed have done so for the better (Michael, Sonny) or because of recast (Lulu, Jason) and then there is, ugh, Patrick.  I just can't agree at all with the idea that RC writes everyone horribly out of character. I just don't see it at all.  He doesn't write the characters the way Claire Labine or Gloria Monty did, no.  But he writes them as a combination of how those writers did and Guza did (but better) so they're certainly recogznizable to me.  Except for the godawful case of ^(*^%) Patrick Drake.   My goodness, I loathe Patrick so very much now.  So, so, so, sooooooooooooo much.  I would pick him over Sonny as my least favorite character on this show and I never thought I would dislike someone more than Sonny.  Wow.

I can recognize a lot of the characters, but I think a big part of the problems is Ron writes the characters with a severe case of brain rot. No one under Guza was a brain trust really, but Maxie, Tracy, Carly, everyone at times has been so stupid it burns. I think that's one of the bigger problems. I mean, everyone knows who killed Connie now and yet no one has said "oh right AJ was stood for freaking Ava Jerome". (Well, I guess Sonny might have said it back when he found out? Not sure)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Taking at face value what his wife told him is incomparable to shooting an unharmed man with no regrets, which is just one of Sonny's many heinous actions in the last year alone. Next Patrick would be worst than the SERIAL KILLER.

If Patrick is anything, it is being a gullible fool. He is extremely dim not knowing Robin well enough to know when she is lying to his face. For taking her word for it.

I find it curious that Anna, her own mother, who as a lifetime law enforcer should know or at least strongly suspect something isn't right with Robin's story, doesn't get nearly as much vitriol hatred as Patrick does. Actually, she is said to be the smartest people on the show, people get livid on her behalf if she is not treated as such by other characters, or if she does not smart things. This incredibly smart woman also believed that Robin just needs an out. No questions for her either.

What makes Patrick different. As the person who wa/s  in love with Robin, shouldn't it stand to reason that he would not be as analytical or react logically to the situation as a whole? I mean the guy was livid that Robin went to save a hitman over her family. Wait, she was threatened is that right? The show played fast and lose with that, it is no wonder Patrick was confused. I didn't get it either. All I knew was that Robin should have gone to Anna or any of her family members in the law enforcement,  surely the spies's kid would know how to covertly alert someone, anyone,  of her predicament. But alas, just like Anna and Patrick, she too was dumped down for the plot to plow ahead. Or she just wanted to go save the hitman. Like I said, I don't know.

I'd resent Robin if I were Patrick/JT and or Anna fan, but more so Patrick fan, because on top of looking bad, Patrick is in an never-ending holding pattern as a love interest. There is no way on earth any pairing of his would be the real thing. Which in turn rubs off on any female he is paired with. Sam haven't had the benefit of seeing his penis live and in color but she's been called all kinds of unflattering names.

However, I am sure Ron would take the fall for holding on to Scrubs, but how he reacts or don't react to Robin's absence is on his head, and brings him neck to neck with the local mob boss. He needs the Fluke mask stat.

While Robin is off being captured (victimized) and saving lives, other's back home look like, well Patrick and Anna do. I feel for Robin's plight, because I am meant to. In this she has the full protection of canon. I wish Anna and Patrick would bring an army to search for her but I also know that until the actress is ready to come back, the characters who should question her absence simply can't. Not to mention the show has addressed why they took her word at face value. Yes, it was not as solid as I'd like for it to but it is not unique to this show. Patrick and Anna were lucky they were given that much of an out.

It is not as if Patrick and Anna saw bruises on Robin the last time she Skyped and turned a blind eye.  Even if they asked questions back then, no answers would've been forthcoming. If they wonder but do nothing about it, they'll look worse than the blind fools they are now.  If they did find something fishy and looked into it, it'll go nowhere till the next time KMc is available. Granted, plots going around in circles is nothing new for this show and who knows how long that'll be. 

The fact of the matter is, Ron should have chosen a different exit for Kim but this is the hand dealt to all involved in her story. From a business standpoint I get that they'll want to use her to advance plots when she returns because TBTB are not going to pay KMC for Robin to waltz into town for a few weeks, sip tea and gossip and  then waltz back out. It just won't happen. Not even Tony Geary gets off that easy. Unfortunately for me, his exits and re-entrances are Luke heavy plots which more often than not weight down the show.

So until KMc's schedule allows her to grace us with her presence for a few weeks, I'll give Anna and Patrick the leeway to carry on with their lives. For what it is worth, Anna has never once judged Robin for leaving Emma to be raised by her father nor has Patrick badmouthed Robin in anyway. Nobody on the canvas have said about the situation. Given what they know, what they are allowed to know,  I think it is very generous of them. The sad truth is that Robin being away from her family has become more of a norm than her being around. Emma in her formative years have seen less of Robin than the other way around.

PS - Wow, I didn't intend for this to turn into a mini dissertation.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2

So until KMc's schedule allow her to grace us with her presence for a few weeks, I'll give Anna and Patrick the leeway to carry on with their lives. For what it is worth, Anna has never once judged Robin for leaving Emma to be raised by her father nor has Patrick badmouthed Robin in anyway. Nobody on the canvas have had a  bad word to say about the situation. Given what they know, I think it is very generous of them. The sad truth is that Robin being away from hr family has become more of a norm than her being around. Emma in her formative years have seen less of Robin than the other way around.

I don't know what this even means. You make it sound as if KMc is dictating terms to Ron and/or the other idiots in charge of this fakakta show, and as we've seen with Sean Kanan and now Jon Lindstrom, that just isn't how it works. Let's pretend that Kimberly hadn't joined that director's program, necessitating Robin's departure from Port Charles. Kimberly didn't write this crap, Ron and his typing monkeys do. They could have chosen to write something that was actually not equal parts stupid, insulting, and ridiculous, and they chose not to. They can bleat about how it was "the only thing they could have done" until their heads blow up, and I'll never believe it. If anything, Kimberly is being incredibly gracious by not saying exactly what I would say in this situation, which is that Ron is such an infant that he always has to have his way or else he'll hold his breath until he turns blue.

Character-wise, it isn't totally unlike Patrick to insert his thumb up his backside for safekeeping. To this extent? Maybe not, but this is the douche who shrugged and said "Lisa's not that bad, Robin, you're just being paranoid" while he was biding his time until he could rub his face against her chest pillows. Now there's Sam, and it isn't just Robin who isn't telling the truth but Patty too, because he knows that Jason is alive, and yet he says nothing. Whether that's because he wants to bang Sam or for some completely different reason that we haven't heard about yet, he's still lying his face off. Like Robin, he could also tell the truth, and he......doesn't. Is he also under death threats unless he keeps his mouth shut? I really don't recall.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 4
You make it sound as if KMc is dictating terms to Ron and/or the other idiots in charge of this fakakta show

I am not blaming KMc for the shitty story. I am saying that her schedule, combined with TBTB's decision making factors into when she comes back. Which affects story lines. 

No actor is responsible for the crap that is written on this show save for the people welding the pen. However, actor's availability impacts stories whether it is within their power or not. It is not a blame game, it is a fact. 

Now there's Sam, and it isn't just Robin who isn't telling the truth but Patty too, because he knows that Jason is alive, and yet he says nothing. 

And actually we know why Patrick kept the Jason secret. Robin asked him to keep it quite.

Character-wise, it isn't totally unlike Patrick to insert his thumb up his backside for safekeeping.

I guess he doesn't need a mask, after all.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

chest pillows

This has to be the dumbest euphemism I've heard in quite some time. Can we please come up with something else? Or better yet, just take off the pillows, because ewwwww. It reminds me of really bad fanfic. Which I guess is how most view the show, but I don't want to have to watch it and read it too. ;) It reminds me also of Carrie's freaky psychotic religious mother.

After all that turkey and leftovers, I think I'm ready for pizza like the Q's.

• Love 2

Yest. 7:46 am

I don't think Obrecht is saying Vater anyway. She's saying the English word "Father" with an accent.

I am puzzled by the logic here...if O'Brecht is saying "Father" with an accent, it would no doubt be a Germanic accent, given her family background and origins. "Father" in German does not contain a sibilant. Moreover, Obrecht consistently refers to herself as "Mutter," which is "Mother" in German. She can pronounce that correctly. Obrecht and the actress who plays her should certainly know that "Vater," is "Father" in German. Either the actress is deliberately mispronouncing the word  for her own personal reasons, or the director isn't listening or paying attention. Each time, it's an embarrassing slip that causes me to wince in agony at the Stupid.

• Love 1

I think Ron is just rubbing our noses in it by sending Carly to the prison to soothe-talk Sonny and stare deeply into his eyes. Part of her mission too must have been to stir Sonny up by telling him about Michael's legal progress in changing his name.

Carly is still getting away with too much. She didn't go to jail. She's still able to elbow her way into the Q mansion and harangue Michael, spying and trying to make him feel guilty. And now she is giving aid and comfort to his enemy in prison, who killed his innocent father.

Carly needs to be forced to see the state of her own soul. I want to see everyone desert her...Joss, Michael, Bobbie, Olivia, Jax, and finally Sonny himself--ungrateful and indifferent to her at last. Make Carly feel icy loneliness. Force her to the brink, where she can realize that she must build back her bridges to others, or sink into madness.

• Love 1

Carly is still getting away with too much. She didn't go to jail. She's still able to elbow her way into the Q mansion and harangue Michael

I just loved when Michael said "because you're a horrible, deceitful person" to Carly's insistence that she'd do the same thing again.  She was like, Noooo...I just hate her from SB on down, Carly is a character who just makes my blood boil.  She should be on her knees begging Michael for forgiveness, instead the same old game, "Sonny and Jason rule", "Qs are loud and demanding", blah blah, superblah.

• Love 10