Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Except that Carly's fucking thrilled that Sonny killed AJ. The whys and wherefores don't matter to her at all. AJ's dead and she would go to the mat to keep that quiet. Sure, they mewled a lot about 'feeling guilty' but I swear it came off as something each of them felt they were supposed to say in that circumstance. "We're human beings, we should express some guilt over this thing we're not actually guilty about in order to make us feel better about our own humanity. We are special and have human emotions! Yes we do!"

But, really, Carly is delighted that AJ is out of the picture permanently. She just never quite realized that Michael would be so upset about it. I don't think she fully realizes just how badly she fucked up with this. I think she's going to bang her head against the brick wall that Michael is now, not understanding why he's so angry for a good long time.

I mean, of course she covered for Sonny in this. AJ dying was a turn on for her. She's not mad about it all and thinks Michael will 'get over it' as soon as they 'sit down and talk about it.'

She's a monstrous idiot.

Carly never, ever wanted to share Michael with AJ, on any manner of terms, for any reason. She did everything but change the DNA results around once it was clear he was the father, trying to come up with a new cover as to who the daddy actually was.

Carly wanted Jason to be Michael's father, then she eventually settled on Sonny but really she would have claimed a dead John Doe was the daddy first before she ever settled a shared custody agreement with AJ.

She wanted Michael to hate and loathe AJ just as much as she did, she wanted AJ's son to despise him, that's been her goal since the beginning. Carly knew that would be the best way to twist the knife, to have him watch from afar as his flesh and blood called another "Daddy", who would only see him as some drunken loser to keep away from.

Carly has always used Michael as a weapon since before he was even born. Sometimes I think that's the only reason she even had him, just because she knew, in her pathological mind, that he could be used to wreck and ruin the lives of her greatest enemies.

• Love 11

Carly has always used Michael as a weapon since before he was even born. Sometimes I think that's the only reason she even had him, just because she knew, in her pathological mind, that he could be used to wreck and ruin the lives of her greatest enemies.

Thus Michael's jerkish action now being justified. 

Maybe not so much with Tracy or Morgan but he's so angry right now that he'll lash out in the fullest to a slight provocation. I don't hold it against him because it is a normal reaction.

• Love 3
I'm just a bit offended by Show making Shawn a vet who turned hitman because he was bored.  What about the code of honor he's supposed to have had in the service, and exactly how does that translate to what he does now?

They sort of touched on this very early on, but it's the usual crap of missing the excitement that serving in wartime brought. Teaching history was just too boring for Shawn. 

The thing that bothers me most about Bobbie's anger with Scott is that he probably could have charged Carly with a more serious crime than he did, so right there, he held back. STFU, Bobbie.

• Love 4

Thus Michael's jerkish action now being justified. 

Maybe not so much with Tracy or Morgan but he's so angry right now that he'll lash out in the fullest to a slight provocation. I don't hold it against

him because it is a normal reaction.

I don't know if I can call anything written by Ron as seemingly being a "normal reaction".

But honestly he can be as angry and raging as he pleases, the less I concern myself with Michael's behaviour the better for my blood pressure. Plus I'm certainly no happy camper myself, heh, with the way this show is being written and directed.

They sort of touched on this very early on, but it's the usual crap of missing the excitement that serving in wartime brought. Teaching history was just too boring for Shawn. 

The thing that bothers me most about Bobbie's anger with Scott is that he probably could have charged Carly with a more serious crime than he did, so right there, he held back. STFU, Bobbie.

Also, I love how she slapped Scott, but not the serial killer who sat down at the bar next to her and unleashed all this in the first place.

• Love 11
Also, I love how she slapped Scott, but not the serial killer who sat down at the bar next to her and unleashed all this in the first place.

Cause the serial killer is funny! We told you!! You may not want to hear it, but we. have. told. you. He's funny.

Sorry, I don't know Ron was able to hack into my PTV account like that.

• Love 9

I can't be the only who thought, "Kick her ass, Anna!" when Anna saw Dr. O smugly sitting in her chair in her office.That smug look isn't going to last long...

Ava, your baby girl is NOT small, lol.  And NotTodd!Franco trying to talk The Nina into reality does NOT make him redeemable, show. 

Olivia looked beautiful in that sweater - great color and style. Show remembered Julian and Lucas have a relationship! Like the compliments for Alexis, but yeesh Lucas is a desperate young man if he really has such strong feelings for/positive things to say about Brad. 

• Love 2

Considering how quick she jumped on Sonny's pepperoni after her death, Olivia's chest-beating grief about cousin Connie always rings so false to me.  And throwing shade on Julian for being a murdering mobster after what just happened with Sonny was the height of hypocrisy.  Therefore, I was delighted that Julian shut her up by revealing Ava was the one who shot her.

And here we go with Franco and Nina.  "Oh look, she totally doesn't remember!  She's crazy cakes so it's okay!  And look how sweet Franco is taking care of her and being the voice of reason!  And now it's them against the world!  Aren't they just darling?!?!"  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ugh, enough with Larry's endless droning about Hobson/Dobson/whatever.  I thought we all had a silent agreement to forget that story ever happened.

Nice to see Lucas.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

I didn't watch a few eps. last week but where are Franco/Nina hiding out at?

Why is this Fluke/Larry Ashton/Jerry Jacks story being so dragged out? I love Sam but her investigating this stuff is boring as fuck. 

Very boring episode. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 1

I didn't watch a few eps. last week but where are Franco/Nina hiding out at?

Canada. Poor Canada.

If only they went south instead of north, we could have  lost them in an 8ft snow bank, not the baby though, a stranger could have saved the baby.

• Love 4

So, are Nina and Franco going to be the next super couple?

You mean they're not already?

Ron is the absolute KING of insta-everything. This 'budding romance' simply exists now. It's a fact... much like Carly/Todd were suddenly and instantly deeply in love; much like Franco/Carly were suddenly and instantly deeply in love, he fast tracks everything. He has a history of it which is why it's always a shock when he lets things develop... but usually that's because his attention has been diverted elsewhere. Nik/Britt? Insta. Sabrina/Patrick? Insta. There is no actual buildup and there's certainly no story that extends it. It just exists. Accept it or don't, doesn't matter to Ron at all.

• Love 4

I like Franco and Nina together. They don't judge each other, but they both know the other is nuts. And, RH and MS have a nice chemistry, plus if we have to have her around, she's far more tolerable with him than just about anyone else. MS dials it way down with RH, as if Franco has a calming effect on Nina.

If they cut out a lot of the crazy, they could be fun.

My dream story for Michael as a sting to S&C would have been a little different than what it seems they are doing. I would have had both Sonny and Ava in jail, with Michael making sure any test showed Sonny as the father(though I do think it's Morgan's). Then Michael tells both Sonny and Ava he'll find a way to make the evidence disappear if they both sign over their rights to the child. I know them believing that is far fetched, but if Michael paid off enough of the right people and the whole reveal went down differently, it could have been done.

Michael takes the baby and raises it as a Q. Now, it's full circle. And such an action would be fitting, because it's a shade of the people that raised him, but it's also something Original Recipe Edward Q would have done. I like the thought of that-that Michael could become almost as ruthless as his great grand daddy, and what a way to  start.  :)

I would have loved to see such a thing.

• Love 5

I could not be more bored with this Fluke storyline.  It feels like it's been going on FOREVER, and I just don't care about any aspect of it.  Michael berating Kiki is a delight to watch, though, and I don't even hate her as much as some people!  

• Love 2

I'm ready for O. and Sloane to be put in a bonfire now. (Also with Franco and Nina, but that goes with out saying with me).

Did NLG do something to piss Ron off for him to mention Dobson?

The one-sided conversation Lulu had with Dante annoyed me and pleased me because on one hand, it was like "yeah yeah Dante is having feelings about Sonny's arrest off-screen" but on the other it sounded like he was telling Lulu on the other end "no, seriously, it's whatever, I really have other stuff to do right now." hee.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I doubt it. Dobson was bad humor, a dash of camp, and was a horribly-told "storyline". In other words, Ron identifies with it since he is all about camp and bad writing.

• Love 4

LOL that Lulu mentioned "unseasonably warm November weather," and Buffalo now is buried under a million feet of snow.

Did Ava raid Nina's closet for clothes? Or did Silas go back to her penthouse and grab a few things? And would Silas really be shocked that Ava's escape is front-page news?

Considering how quick she jumped on Sonny's pepperoni after her death, Olivia's chest-beating grief about cousin Connie always rings so false to me.  And throwing shade on Julian for being a murdering mobster after what just happened with Sonny was the height of hypocrisy.  Therefore, I was delighted that Julian shut her up by revealing Ava was the one who shot her.

Seriously. STFU, Olivia.

Agent Sloan didn't need Britt to press charges against Anna for Faison's death. Britt is not the victim there. All she can do is cooperate with the investigation, though she barely knew Faison and has no knowledge of what happened.

Agent Sloan overacts very entertainingly.

Ugh, enough with Larry's endless droning about Hobson/Dobson/whatever.  I thought we all had a silent agreement to forget that story ever happened.

God, yes. The "joke" barely worked the first time. Let it go, Ron. Let it gooooooooo. Ron also needs to stop making Larry a leering sleaze bag.

I think that was for the audience's benefit; if you weren't watching back then, you might wonder why Larry keeps mentioning Dobson. Maybe now that he's heard the story, he'll start calling Alice by her proper name.

Does it make sense to say I hated the Nina/Franco scenes, but I think RoHo did a really good job in them? He played everything totally straight (for a change), and that's exactly what was necessary.

• Love 6
This 'budding romance' simply exists now. It's a fact... much like Carly/Todd were suddenly and instantly deeply in love; much like Franco/Carly were suddenly and instantly deeply in love,

To be fair, Franco and Nina have been having scenes since  July, and there hasn't even been a romantic semi approach yet, nor do I feel they will be for a while. Tarly (not sure about Cranco) were already describing themselves as best friends and making  googly eyes at each other barely over 3 months after RH returned in late May and he and Carly became friendly (plus the never ending flirting and "You're so hot" jokes in between **blergh**)

Also, Frina have somewhat of a story together, whereas Tarly just consisted in Carly barging in in Todd's room and yapping her mouth off about this or the other. There was never an actual story between them. And they were both (Carly and Todd) written completely ooc for that pairing. Not really the case with Frina.

So while I agree RC's m.o is rushed couples I find him being oddly restrained in this case, though time will tell if that continues to be so.

And nothing will ever compare to the wretched vomit fest of Tarly.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3

I think that was for the audience's benefit; if you weren't watching back then, you might wonder why Larry keeps mentioning Dobson.

The thing is...Larry never met Dobson.  He was off-canvas, like, forever before that story.  So there's no reason to bring it up except Ron apparently finds it funny.

Does it make sense to say I hated the Nina/Franco scenes, but I think RoHo did a really good job in them? He played everything totally straight (for a change), and that's exactly what was necessary.

No, it makes sense. They were good scenes -- taken out of context from both of their overall stories. 

The scenes made me mad because while I know MSt drives a lot of people crazy with her acting tics and repeating, I think that she can do a good job if reined in. Nina as a character could have been interesting if introduced properly and not with the goal of eating the show.

A woman in her forties who had her life snatched away trying to figure out where she fits in, comes back, tries to reunite with her husband without the ridiculous list and plotting, and finds that everything has changed. This is more evidence that RoHo should have been a different character. The writer could have still put them together. Both of these actors -- playing it straight -- have a nice chemistry and could be intriguing.

But Ron introduced Nina so over-the-top that most people are already done with her. I just think her story could have been interesting if better presented.

I guess Silas was not around for the car bombs from Sonny. Did he suggest that they ask Julian for help? I don't remember.

• Love 2

If only they went south instead of north, we could have  lost them in an 8ft snow bank, not the baby though, a stranger could have saved the baby.

They could have put her into a tree.

To be fair, Franco and Nina have been having scenes since  July, and there hasn't even been a romantic semi approach yet, nor do I feel they will be for a while. Tarly (not sure about Cranco) were already describing themselves as best friends and making  googly eyes at each other barely over 3 months after RH returned in late May and he and Carly became friendly (plus the never ending flirting and "You're so hot" jokes in between **blergh**)

Also, Frina have somewhat of a story together, whereas Tarly just consisted in Carly barging in in Todd's room and yapping her mouth off about this or the other. There was never an actual story between them. And they were both (Carly and Todd) written completely ooc for that pairing. Not really the case with Frina.

So while I agree RC's m.o is rushed couples I find him being oddly restrained in this case, though time will tell if that continues to be so.

Have they mentioned an odd connection yet? If not, then this relationship is moving at a snail's pace in Ron-land.

• Love 5

To be fair, Franco and Nina have been having scenes since  July, and there hasn't even been a romantic semi approach yet, nor do I feel they will be for a while. ...

That may be but I think I could tell immediately that Ron was going to throw Howarth and Stafford together as soon as he possibly could. And it felt very slanted towards them from the start... they immediately "got" each other, they knew the secrets the other was hiding and agreed to keep a lid on it, it was made very clear that they were 'birds of a feather' and they even got the tinkly romance music when they were on the phone after he imploded the Hallowedding. It just strikes me, and has from jump, that this was the direction they're going to go. There simply wasn't a question about it.

And I totally agree with you about Tarly. That shit was rancid and out of character from start to finish. I remain ever thankful for PP for ripping Todd Manning out of Ron's hands once and for all.

• Love 4
It just strikes me, and has from jump, that this was the direction they're going to go. There simply wasn't a question about it.

There was no doubt Nina and Franco would get together, but I appreciate that they had a decent number of scenes together before going on the run together. There was no doubt Nathan and Maxie would be a couple, but we got a bit of foundation for them as well.

It's very weak sauce, but it's sauce.

So who is watching baby Rocco/Ben if Lulu AND Olivia are at the Quartermaines?

The baby's father?

Dante is out looking for Ava's baby. I think the nameless babysitter we've heard about is with the kid.

• Love 1

That may be but I think I could tell immediately that Ron was going to throw Howarth and Stafford together as soon as he possibly could.

They might as well have run a ticker along the bottom saying, "Watch "soap royalty" Michelle Stafford and Roger Howarth fall in love!!!" the minute Franco stumbled upon Nina in his art studio.

As for today, there was this gross undercurrent that, basically the love of a good (SERIAL KILLER) man has cured Nina's crazy.  Which is not new to Ron.  It was the same deal on OLTL that Marty's crazy was cured because Wig!Patrick came back from the dead and supplied with good man love and wang.  JMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I am not trying to blame the victim both Olivia and Connie were shot because of their relationships with Sonny.  Olivia walked into the path of the bullet Ava fired while she was trying to warn Sonny after one of her "LSD visions".   Connie was shot twice in 2008 because of her relationship with Sonny.  In February Michael accidently shot her when he dropped a gun.  In September she was shot at her wedding by Anthony Zaccarha while she and Sonny were standing at the altar.  Ava shot and killed Connie while Connie was trying to warn Sonny about Derek Wells/Julian Jerome.  Neither Connie or Olivia are responsible for their getting shot/killed, but if they had chosen to not be connected to a mobster they would not have been shot.

In other word SFU Olivia save some of that rage filled righteous indignation for Sonny.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 4

Are we still in sweeps? Except for a couple of scenes today's show was blah and tomorrow seems the same.

Ahhhh, Lucas will do what it takes to keep Brad. To bad we rarely see them on screen together. It also made me fearful the next time we see CoJones there will be trouble in paradise.

• Love 1
Have they mentioned an odd connection yet? If not, then this relationship is moving at a snail's pace in Ron-land.

Lol, no, thank the soap gods.

It's very weak sauce, but it's sauce.

This. It's not great, but its an improvement.

I thought the Nina/Franco scenes were good and very well acted, but the insta cure at the end was a bit much. Nina is still mentally ill, and one pep talk from her beau to be isn't going to cure her. 

Why is this Fluke/Larry Ashton/Jerry Jacks story being so dragged out? I love Sam but her investigating this stuff is boring as fuck.

Because if Sam/Patrick actually reached a correct end to their investigation, it would have to be revealed that Victor was behind the car accident to keep Robin in line. And if Patrick knew that, his direct line to Sam's fun stuff would be gone. :(

• Love 2
I can't be the only who thought, "Kick her ass, Anna!" when Anna saw Dr. O smugly sitting in her chair in her office. hat smug look isn't going to last long...

Those on my twitter timeline wanted her to do so, as well.  Then again, I follow a lot of Anna/Finola fans.

Considering how quick she jumped on Sonny's pepperoni after her death, Olivia's chest-beating grief about cousin Connie always rings so false to me. 

This show has warped my mind, because I got an email ad from a local pizza joint this evening talking about "perfectly prepared pepperoni", and I immediately burst into near-hysterical laughter. I need a drink. Or five.

• Love 4
So, are Nina and Franco going to be the next super couple FROM HELL?

There we go, fixed it for ya.

And probably, knowing Ron he'll try and have them "heal" together from all their pain and betrayal, after all they are the real victims here... *sighs* This show is going to destroy my liver.

There was no Sonny, Carly, Michael, Kiki, Morgan, or Shawn today, for that alone I won't complain, much. Well that and I ignored pretty much everything that happened also.

All things Patrick and Sam bore me to death, I couldn't care any less about them, and then they threw in Lulu and I don't know what the hell they talked about. Their mouths were moving but all I got was a bunch of white noise.

I did catch Ned's quip about forgetting why Olivia would be affected about the news of who really killed Connie. If only we all had such a luxury Ned, if only...

It was nice to see Lucas just pop up. I love how they didn't bother to have him attend Carly's arraignment but he can go and visit his bio dad in jail for the heck of it. Too bad there was no Brad and Lucas scene though, I am really missing those two. But I will take what I can get and I always like Ryan and William's scenes together, they play very well off one another. 

Michael played Silas pitch perfectly today I thought. Half of the time he was staring at Ava like she'd grown two heads and the rest of the time he appeared to be thinking "I have really got to get a peep hole for that door...".

The mess with Anna is a mess so the less I say the better because she shouldn't even be in PC, she should be hunting Robin down so whatever, Ron, WTELF ever.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

There we go, fixed it for ya.

And probably, knowing Ron he'll try and have them "heal" together from all their pain and betrayal, after all they are the real victims here... *sighs* This show is going to destroy my liver.

There isn't enough tay-keeeeyyy-yaaaaaahhhh in the western hemisphere to get me to like Freakco, The Nina, The Mooch and Mini-Ron.

• Love 5
There isn't enough tay-keeeeyyy-yaaaaaahhhh in the western hemisphere to get me to like Freakco, The Nina, The Mooch and Mini-Ron

If Ron made four different types of alcohol named after them and then sent them out to us so that we could drink each aptly named booze option during their scenes, or get crazy and switch them up at will, I might get on board with that.

I do not care about Nina or her pain or what she's lost.  At all.  It probably doesn't help that I think Michelle Stafford is an extremely limited and annoying actor, but this character would suck no matter who was playing the part.  I'm tired of Ron relying on lunatics to drive story, and tired of unnecessary characters taking time from the people I want to see.

I want her and RoHo gone so badly I couldn't even pay attention to what happened today (if anything).  Every time I looked up there was Stafford, unblinking and whispering.  Haaaaaate.

• Love 7

I do not care about Nina or her pain or what she's lost.  At all.

And they're already trying to revise the history.  The flashbacks focused on poor, teary-eyed Nina saying that she loves Silas and did all she did to make him happy and make their marriage work and I guess we're supposed to think Silas is just a big stinking meanie.

But of course, no mention of the variety of crap she's pulled.  Or, heck, that her original motivation when she came to town was just to torch Silas' life.

• Love 1

Can't Ava call one of her mob goons to help her? Silas is a little better than Morgan but he still doesn't have the power to save her if one of Sonny's goons finds her.

Oh, I dunno. If Sonny sends Shawn, Silas might have to worry about his furniture getting shot, but Ava would be totally safe.

• Love 3

Oh, one more thing, Lulu should have done a little jig that Sonny was in jail after she hung up the phone. bah humbug. I need more joy from the citizenry who disliked him/were ambivalent about him!

Really writers, you don't have to bring up the fact that Ava shot Olivia. I'll give you a pass. Not that it doesn't matter but it's just like . . . oh, yeah, that shooting that happened over a year ago and had no consequences whatsoever except it made Sonny realize he wanted to sleep with Olivia for a couple of months.

Oh yeah, and there's no way that all the cops at the PCPD don't know who Olivia is. They're probably all used to ignoring her phone calls by now.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I really liked the Franco/Nina scenes today. I feel more for Nina than I do Ava because I can legitimately see someone going crazy over learning oh I'm pregnant, yay then oh my doctor husband that I supported is screwing some hot blonde behind my back then oh my mom put me in a coma. I'm awake oh my husband is now banging a brunette bombshell and the blonde is pregnant again. Me? I can't have babies. Yeah, I can buy crazy over that, but in the midst of Fluke, SamTrick, etc- Ron just made MSt yell a lot and do dumb shit instead of scenes like today that show the actual anguish she must be in. Hell, I even bought Franco's pain. Because I've seen Carly use and abuse many men for her Jason/Sonny obsession. Rarely have we been allowed to see the man say what we've said about her for years. How she uses people, lies, etc.

And btw, I've seen plenty a silly putty. BS on them making a key out of an imprint of that. Shut up, Sam. Liz is enclosing on your husband. Open your eyes.

• Love 2