Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Actually, IIRC, Carly was so turned on by hearing A.J. beg for his life that she fucked Franco right on the spot.

What a shame such a klASSy couple is being broken apart...I've yet to recover from watching the scenes where they were attempting to join the "mile high club".

And I noticed in the previews for Monday that Carly seems to have taken a page out of the Nina's bra cozy playbook of repeating the same word again and again as if this adds necessary dramatic emphasis.

I just want them all to drop off the edge of a cliff, nothing good is coming from any of this. AJ is still dead, I don't care if Michael sobs into Rosalie's chest pillows for a week over his family's betrayal, it won't bring AJ back, it won't give Monica the screen time she deserves, and Jakson is now being propped up to take back over PC as the "golden boy" and "beloved Q son" of old...

[Charlie Brown Voice] I can't stand it, I just can't stand it [/Charlie Brown Voice].

• Love 6
I was actually wondering where Heather was today no way would she miss this wedding lol.​

No way indeed.  I'm really looking forward to her showing up on Monday, because her kind of semi-magical crazy is fun for me (on a soap, not in real life, just to be clear!).  

Different strokes.

So true, KerleyQ, so true.  It's part of what I like about this forum so much - it's always interesting to me to read all the wildly different opinions.  I mean, I like Spencer, but I get why others don't, but there are other opinions that I don't understand, and I like reading why people feel the way they do.  Especially because a lot of my opinions are dependent on me blocking out huge chunks of of character/ show history, and so sometimes it's nice to be reminded.  Like, I had tricked myself in to forgetting that Ava killed Connie.  (Not that that makes it okay for Sonny to kidnap and kill her...)

• Love 6

Previews...shut up, Liz.  While Dr. O does in fact hate you, I'm pretty sure, given what we've seen of her approach to medicine and cost efficiency, she'd be booting Jake(son) out regardless.  And hey, if you think she's making Jake(son) a target because of you, maybe stop camping out in his room 24/7 and, I dunno, tend to another patient.  Gah!

He looked so smug in the previews.  Or maybe that's just Billy Miller's face.  I don't know.

And I don't care.  I'm rooting for Franco.  Blow those secrets out.  The fallout probably won't be all that great, but it is time for this stuff to be out.

• Love 2

I think I can safely say that WE NEVER CARED can apply to Connie. I would love if Tracy got to say something like "I can't believe my nephew was murdered for that twit who killed poor Trey. " Because we've lost three good characters due to Connie- Trey, Johnny, and AJ. So again, I don't care. All I care about is Ava framing AJ and trying to kill him, then banging Sonny on his grave. Not cool.

At the end of the day, the only Falconeri I care about is Dante. Olivia might win points if she apologizes to Ned and Monica for the shade she threw at AJ.

• Love 4

I think I can safely say that WE NEVER CARED can apply to Connie. I would love if Tracy got to say something like "I can't believe my nephew was murdered for that twit who killed poor Trey. " Because we've lost three good characters due to Connie- Trey, Johnny, and AJ.

I was no Connie fan, but I certainly cared about her more than I did about stupid Trey, Ron and Frank's latest attempt at making the Robert Ford character model work.

• Love 4

Ron did take this show to the next level.  It is firmly entrenched in the seventh circle of hell.  Whomever created Sonny Corinthos and supported that character's growth into the fabric of Port Charles proves that there is a glitch in the matrix.

• Love 6

Is Magda a doctor?  How does she know what numbers to plug into Danny's test results?

I think she said she had found someone who knew how to fudge the results. It was slid into a conversation and there was no followup to it. 

Also like Josslyn's beaming smile at the "Hell no."

That made the episode for me! (By the time this is all over, she's going to have some great stories to tell her dad.)

And if Monica doesn't get a crack at Sonny or especially Carly, I will be pissed. Like Kanye when he was drunk at the VMAs pissed.

I wonder how much it would cost to have Kayne crash the wedding and read the room for the filth it contains? 

I know - it happens to me too, and I'm always a little ashamed of myself when I get all worked up.  Especially because by now, I should KNOW that things are never going to work out the way I want them to, and yet I still allow myself to hope.

I feel ya. My daughter always gently reminds me that these people aren't real when I get all fussed up. Soaps used to be so good, what happened? 

Is Magda a doctor?  How does she know what numbers to plug into Danny's test results?

Bad guys need to be good at a lot of things, in order to get their scheming done. That's what I tell myself anyway. 

• Love 3

I was no Connie fan, but I certainly cared about her more than I did about stupid Trey, Ron and Frank's latest attempt at making the Robert Ford character model work.

Neither was I, but I liked Kate and unfortunately KSu's Connie is apart of that.  Besides, Tracy liked Connie, I don't think she would call her a twit.   I read on Kelly Sullivan wikipedia page that it was Garin Wolf's idea for the split personality, but of course Ron C took it to its zenith. So fuck GW and RC for ruining one of the few self made women on daytime. As for Trey, I thought the actor was good and could generate chemistry, but he was saddled with a really crappy backstory. He should have been brought back as a different character, and seeing Trey was a Falconari, I don't see why he couldn't have a look a like cousin. 

In the end, it was AJ, not Sonny that gave a shit about Connie's demise. The only reason he "let Sonny believe he killed Connie" is because AJ didn't get a smug look when he was cleared of her murder, like Sonny does every time he gets away with something. 

And if Monica doesn't get a crack at Sonny or especially Carly, I will be pissed. Like Kanye when he was drunk at the VMAs pissed.

Monica needs to pull what Carly did to Tony, and shot Sonny. When she is in custody, she needs to make a crack how maybe she could now get her Chief of Staff job back (see: Dr.O).

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

Yo yo yo, Carly, this wedding is cool.......but uh that dude AJ was the best dude you never gave a chance to. Never gave a chance to. Franco, Michael. Ima let you finish, but I wanna say the other Hell No wedding. That lady you married up in Llanview before you got yo scar fixed, dude. That wedding was the best wedding.

And then Kanye would just go on and dismantle everyone while wearing cool ass sunglasses. Carly would sit there with her mouth open while Micheal sad pandas and Kiki mugs.

• Love 4

Ron did take this show to the next level.  It is firmly entrenched in the seventh circle of hell.  Whomever created Sonny Corinthos and supported that character's growth into the fabric of Port Charles proves that there is a glitch in the matrix.

Unfortunately, Claire Labine created the character, proving that everyone has a seriously off day now and then. I don't think she had it in mind that Sonny would become the nexus around which everything in Port Charles would revolve, but ultimately the blame, if there is blame to be given for his insertion into the show, could be laid at her feet.

I wonder how much it would cost to have Kayne crash the wedding and read the room for the filth it contains?

OMG, this needs to happen.   I find Kanye oddly likeable.   I'd love him to just pop up at random times and start rambling about how everyone is wrong.

Bonus points if he takes over the intercom at GH:  "Dr. Obrecht doesn't care about sick people!"

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

Unfortunately, Claire Labine created the character, proving that everyone has a seriously off day now and then. I don't think she had it in mind that Sonny would become the nexus around which everything in Port Charles would revolve, but ultimately the blame, if there is blame to be given for his insertion into the show, could be laid at her feet.

I disagree. Claire created a successful character who was part of one of the few couples that I believe deserved moniker of "super couple".  She should only get the blames as much as Gloria Monty should be for the birth of Jason.   The blame lies solely at JFP's and Guza's feet (and maybe Frons', seeing as he wanted soaps to focus on a handful of characters, because 200+ shows a year, why not?). They were the ones that decided that everyone loved or should love the mob and brought in various "badder" mobsters to compete against Sonny. The dip in quality began in earnest once Frons was at the head, and only got worse once JFP and then Guza came. 

• Love 2
In the end, it was AJ, not Sonny that gave a shit about Connie's demise. The only reason he "let Sonny believe he killed Connie" is because AJ didn't get a smug look when he was cleared of her murder, like Sonny does every time he gets away with something.

Actually the one who made Sonny think AJ killed Connie was Ava.  I wonder if the writers will have a flashback to Sonny pointing out to Michael that Ava said AJ had no remorse, where Michael told him that it wasn't true.

Honestly, Connie was secondary to this mess.  Sonny wanted AJ dead and had a convenient excuse to kill him.  If Sonny had listened to his son instead of a rival mob princess...but AJ was the idiot.

• Love 4

I disagree. Claire created a successful character who was part of one of the few couples that I believe deserved moniker of "super couple".  She should only get the blames as much as Gloria Monty should be for the birth of Jason.   The blame lies solely at JFP's and Guza's feet (and maybe Frons', seeing as he wanted soaps to focus on a handful of characters, because 200+ shows a year, why not?). They were the ones that decided that everyone loved or should love the mob and brought in various "badder" mobsters to compete against Sonny. The dip in quality began in earnest once Frons was at the head, and only got worse once JFP and then Guza came. 

Eh. If you're referring to Sonny and Brenda I was never that invested in them. If you're referring to Sonny and Carly, that's part of what created the mess we've got on our hands now, so 'super' anything isn't the first word I'd use to describe that pairing.

With that said, I only blame Labine so much, since as I posted before I'm reasonably certain that this fuck of clusters is not what she had in mind when she created the character. She just put him on canvas, she didn't turn him into a two-legged Venus flytrap that devours everything and everyone that gets within ten feet of him. It is possible to dole out particular portions of blame, even when it comes to the total disaster that Sonny has become.

• Love 3

She created him with the understanding he was supposed to be a temporary character. In the beginning the plan had been that he would be a short lived villain, there was no intent on her part to craft Sonny into a long term character that would eventually eat this show whole and overstay his welcome by 16 or so years.

Actually the one who made Sonny think AJ killed Connie was Ava.  I wonder if the writers will have a flashback to Sonny pointing out to Michael that Ava said AJ had no remorse, where Michael told him that it wasn't true.

Well while it is true that Ava did play the devil on his shoulder at times at the time of the killing most of the town thought AJ did it because of Connie forgetting how daft most in PC are and so she wrote "AJ" instead of "Ava" to make it clear who the guilty party was.

There was also the gun used that was traced back to AJ, the police attempted to prove he did it, he went to trial and just barely got acquitted but no one really thought he was innocent, even Michael had his doubts;

It doesn't excuse Sonny in any capacity but he did have more then just Ava's influence and trickery that implicated AJ as the killer. But he was stupid to not catch on that Ava was trying way too hard to convince him of AJ's guilt since she shouldn't have given any fucks one way or another about the matter.

• Love 3

MWOP, we hardly knew ya.

What the hell happened to truth-telling Sonny-hating I-don't-care Morgan? Poor kid is so desperate for love he falls for Sonny's whiny bullshit yet again. He needs Jax. Hell, we all need Jax!

Ron sucks the joy out of every single thing on this stupid show.

That was the big wedding? Yawn. (ok I did like a few seconds here and there and I know it's going to drag on for another week or two, but the bad outweighed the good big time)

I can't. I just can't with this fucking show anymore.

• Love 6

Eh. If you're referring to Sonny and Brenda I was never that invested in them. If you're referring to Sonny and Carly, that's part of what created the mess we've got on our hands now, so 'super' anything isn't the first word I'd use to describe that pairing.

Well I disagree a little, they could be 'super' shitty, 'super' show-eating, 'super' horrible people....I could do this all day. 

• Love 5
What the hell happened to truth-telling Sonny-hating I-don't-care Morgan? Poor kid is so desperate for love he falls for Sonny's whiny bullshit yet again. He needs Jax. Hell, we all need Jax!

I don't think Morgan has ever hated Sonny which has always been my problem with him, it's never gone beyond surface hate for being hurt by him so much, he's always craved Sonny's love and affection and approval. It's why yet again he throws Ava right underneath the Sonny tour bus knowing full well that giving up her location to his father is basically giving her a death sentence.

To me it's another reason why Ava not realizing that Morgan is so easily turned to the "dark side" when it comes to Sonny is just inane. He's always been a kid desperate to impress daddy, that is not the sort of person stable or trustworthy enough to entrust your life to however much you may think he loves you.

• Love 4

Actually, Bill Levinson, the headwriter right before Claire, created the character; one of the last things he did before he left. He's the one who came up with the stripper storyline; Claire did everything she could to end that story as soon as possible, starting by having Karen throw the pills Sonny was giving her in his face. 

That said, she DID flesh out the character and pair him with Brenda. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Double post.

Um...Claire's not to blame for creating Sonny, but she is to blame for trying to make him more sympathetic?

Edited by UYI

Please no Kanye. It's bad enough to read about his BS in the Kardashian forum.

Sonny could have worked as a long-term character if he actually lost (and lost big) on occasion. Fuck all the claustrophobia crap, he should've gone to prison for a while. He could have gone crazy from the claustrophobia, & spent some time off-screen in Ferncliff or Roselawn. And Diane could have done some legal maneuvering to get him out of either location. And/or someone could have stolen evidence like when Sam stole the gun from the PCPD. Also, it would be nice if half the town (or more) didn't treat him like he was a "good" man.

As is, we're stuck with him, but it here are better ways to play that.

Franco better destroy lives left and right on Monday. Carly & Sonny should be left with no relationship with Michael. And I need Michael to realize ALL the lies Kiki has told over the past few months and slam her too. Then he can find & bang Rosalie before flying to Paris to do the same with Brenda.

• Love 9

The ultimate revenge would be amnesiac not dead AJ shacked up with Brenda in Italy. That way Brenda and AJ get revenge. Micheal finds them and tells Monica and they decide to let Sonny rot for what he's done to their family. Monica even makes an impassioned speech. Brenda reveals that her son, Lucian is actually AJ's. She saw him in Switzerland. Micheal gets a picture of the happy couple, using it to torment Sonny with, knowing no one will believe him because his lawyer used the "he's off his meds excuse".

But we never get nice things, so yes, Micheal you can make your own sex tape. Hell, bang Brenda on Sonny and then Carly's couch. They ruined yours.

PS please get a new place.

• Love 1

I like Ava too and Maura West is probably the reason. This role is the first time I have ever seen her, and she's also wonderful at showing layers even when I am sure Ron hasn't written them.

This.  I can forgive a villain anything if they show layers.   Ava is one of them.

I don't like the saints and I don't like characters like Sonny because there are no shades of gray.  The saints preach, the sinners blame others.  The characters that fall in the middle are the most interesting

• Love 7

Just watched and there was a lot going on.

Love MW.  Her slowly growing paralysis (played well) and terror at Nina's plan.

Intrigued (for lack of a better word) by MSt's choices.  The woman can sell crazy.  From full out bug eyed threats to pulled back quiet creepy. If someone had me and acted like that I'd be scared shitless.

This wedding fallout is going to be fun once Heather shows.  Joss was fun and Bobby/Scottie's faces walking down the aisle were priceless.   Like they were walking to the guillotine. 

I love BM and he and RH work well together.  Just too sweet and rushed. 

Morgan, Morgan....babe I love ya but be a little smarter.  Don't be so desperate for Dad's love and approval.

Love DM and KG.  Ladies can bring it.  And I don't think Liesl said her prescription pad just a pad.

And ditto what CookieBud said.  An actor who brings layers to a character (despite crap writing) does it for me, too.

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 4

Sorry that I haven't posted anything major over the past two weeks, but I had to wait until my blood stopped boiling and with all the people who've pissed me off lately, that's much easier said than done. First, there's Liz and Jake-son, separately and together. Whatever likability Jake-son had at first basically went out the window for me when he just had to protect Liz from Big, Bad Brad. Liz can not only fight her own battles, she started it with brad in the first place just so Jake-son could be her savior-or rather, her savior du jour, Between Lucky umpteen times, Nik, Ric, Jason, AJ, Ric again, Nik again and now possibly Jason again, although she doesn't know it yet, far be it for me to slut-shame and while Liz is no Sonny when it comes to booty calls, where relationships are concerned, to paraphrase a line from What's Happening Now, "[Liz] goes through men faster than 'Ms. Pac-Man.'" Then there's Julian/Ned/Alexis. Normally I heart Julian, but his jealousy of Ned is tacky and childish. Targeting Ned via the paper was bad enough, but dragging Monica into it was a dick move on Julian's part. Ned's not the pushover that Julian expected, especially when it comes to Alexis.  I want Julexis to reunite, but eventually, not immediately. Julian may love Alexis and want to protect her, but that doesn't give him the right to control her live, whether they're together or not. Alexis was right to dump Julian because she caught him in the same lie he's been telling for months-and that's the one she does know about, unlike his keeping Ava and Sonny's secret about AJ's death for months. Julian kept that secret for protection too, mostly his own and Ava's, but I think that Alexis might also be a factor. In his own smug way, Julian put Anna on the right track re AJ's murder. It's not for the right reasons, for the most part, but at least he did it, unlike Canco, Kiki or Morgan.

Re Nina, Magda, Liesl, Ava and "Babygate," as I call it, I hate Ava, I think that Carlos, AJ and Kannie would strongly disagree that she's not evil and would usually believe that what Ava's  going through because of Nina is karma for forcing Carlos to confess to killing AJ, her own role in AJ's murder and her killing Kannie, except for her own still-unborn baby being punished. Nina's been dealt a shitty hand, but that's not a free pass. Nina's being hurt by her mother 20 years before doesn't give her the right to hurt anyone in general or Silas, Ava, Sam or even Kiki in particular, no matter how much Kiki sucks. If anyone has the right to punish Kiki, it's Michael, not Nina. Kiki didn't hurt Nina like she's hurt Michael for weeks, using "love" as an excuse. Even worse is that neither Nina nor her co-conspirators Magda, Liesl or Rosalie have given any thought to the damage they're doing, collateral or long-term. Magda's tampering with Danny's test results and Nina's stealing the prescription pad were just means to an end. That Danny's a toddler and Ava's baby isn't even born yet is beside the point to them. Liesl doesn't have anything to do with Nina's actual crimes, but her giving Nina and Magda a hideout was wrong. Most of all, there's the Nathan Factor. Nina & Company have obviously forgotten that Nathan's a cop and the more crimes they commit, the more it hurts him. By tampering with Danny's medical records, stealing drugs and attacking Ava, Nina and Company if/when they're caught, could do serious damage to Nathan's career, reputation and his life, if not destroy it altogether, not to mention wrecking whatever chance Maxie has of getting Georgie back before Christmas, if ever again, because of her involvement with Nathan, if Judge Asshole has anything to say about it. The best thing that Nina, Magda and Liesl have going for them is Nathan's family and when they make others suffer, he suffers too. Gray characters are fine, when the bad exceeds the good and Nina, Magda and Liesl haven't done that for me. Neither has Ava, for that matter. I would say the same about britt, but at least she's got brad for a BFF; otoh, Nina, Magda and Liesl are stuck with each other and I doubt that Rosalie's willingly gonna be their bestie for free, so unless those three cut the crap and start putting Nathan's needs above their own for a change, they're gonna lose him.

I would elaborate on my feelings about all things Sonny and Cranco wedding-related, but I feel my blood pressure going up again, so I'd better wait until my next post, when I'm much calmer.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

I don't think Morgan has ever hated Sonny which has always been my problem with him, it's never gone beyond surface hate for being hurt by him so much, he's always craved Sonny's love and affection and approval. It's why yet again he throws Ava right underneath the Sonny tour bus knowing full well that giving up her location to his father is basically giving her a death sentence.

So now Morgan is irretrievably lost as well.  All - even if he doesn't actually know it - so he can be Number One Son.  

I guess it will be Michael and Dante against Mumbles and Carly and the rest of their posse now that Morgan has had his backbone sucked out along with his brain.

Wish I cared.  Actually, I'm even happier that I don't.  Ron C. certainly has the ability to fill up the barge, doesn't he?

• Love 4

I don't even know where to start with Friday's show/

Morgan, you are dumber than dirt.  Why does everyone in this town just take gossip as gospel.  Carlos suggests Ava had something to do with the car accident and Sabrina tries to kill an innocent, unborn child.  Then she goes and spreads gossip that Ava killed AJ and Michael runs with it.  Sonny claims that Ava made him shoot AJ, his sworn enemy, and Morgan gives up the woman who might be carrying his child because why?  Sonny is the pillar of truth and justice?  He should have asked his innocent father if he was so innocent, why not turn Ava over to the police. Morgan doesn't know all the facts and yet he's giving Sonny permission to kill another human being, possibly two.

Don't get me started on Sonny.  The post would run for pages  and pages and I'd get banned.

Carly's all upset because Franco read an email but she's fine with herself crawling into bed with her ex-repeatedly--while engaged to said man.  Seriously.  Adultery/email reading.  Which is worse?

Franco may be a serial killer but before he gets his comeuppance, I have a long list of those I want taken out.  Carly deserves to be outed.

Magda--there are no words for what she did.  Altering Danny's tests might have cost him his life.  If Silas had not ordered another test to rule out error, that kid might have been started on chemo, transfusions, whatever.  What she did was life threatening and there is no excuse for it.  NONE.

Liz and Jakeson.  Jake thinks it's ok just to steal so Lizzie can draw?  And again, how does Liz even have a job.  She needs to take care of her other patients.  She needs to get off of Jakeson's bed and get her butt to work, not drawing pictures and promising to bring her children to visit a man they don't know, don't care about and who, for all she knows, might be a child molester or.....a hit man.

I'm beginning to like Liesl.

I just can't with Nina.  When  I first started rewatching, I was ok with her.  She was a bit of a fruit loop but I could understand why.  But what she is doing to Ava and that child to be is just repulsive.  I can't watch.  And writers might want to note that viewers tuning out because something makes them physically ill is not a good way to get ratings.  Kind of like the ASPCA commercials.  The people who give money tune out because they can't watch those poor dogs suffer...you get my meaning.

Nina has to die.  There is nowhere for her character to go.  If she manages to steal baby Corrinthos, Sonny will hunt her down and kill her.  She might be shipped off to the assylum and be brought back at a later date, but with Heather around, well we don't need two loons.  What she is committing is going to require her death.

I fear that Sonny will storm Morgan's place and end up saving Ava and he will get a pass for kidnapping her and all the other crap that came with it.  He will walk on everything he's always done, just like always.

I have never been so frustrated with a show.  So many people get away with so much.  Do the good guys ever get to win?

• Love 9

I remeber during susan moores murder although Scott was arrested for it.Robert wasn't sure he was actually guilty and didn't want to charge him offically although the DA did at the time.Now everyone is fine with innocent people spending time in jail.

• Love 2

To me it's another reason why Ava not realizing that Morgan is so easily turned to the "dark side" when it comes to Sonny is just inane. He's always been a kid desperate to impress daddy, that is not the sort of person stable or trustworthy enough to entrust your life to however much you may think he loves you.

Yeees, but I wouldn't call giving up where Ava is throwing her under the bus exactly. She killed Connie, she shot Olivia (who Morgan DOES care about) and conveniently left those two facts out while telling him Sonny wanted to kill her just because she saw him kill AJ. I'm gonna wait to see what he responds to Sonny's question in the preview - it's a 50/50 chance of him saying either "yeah go ahead and follow through with your plan" or "let her live in exile" or something like that. If he says "yeah kill her" then yes definitely throwing under the bus lol.

• Love 1

The woman can sell crazy.  From full out bug eyed threats to pulled back quiet creepy.

Which is kind of my problem with her (along with her volume, her invading everyone's personal space, her repeating words, and her repeating words.)

Does she have to be ALL the kinds of crazy? She's impulsive and methodical, delusional and paranoid and obsessive, alternately child-like and grown up.

Pick a crazy, lady.

Jerry Jax is a charming sociopath. Heather is obsessed with her kids, and occasionally has super powers. That's a crazy I can get behind. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 11

One thing abut Jake that is curious to me (besides his super healing powers) is did the accident change his voice & eyes? I could see his close friends and family not recognizing him from a distance but up close and personal? Good thing he doesn't have duck tattoos like Dr. Drake.

• Love 4
Yeees, but I wouldn't call giving up where Ava is throwing her under the bus exactly. She killed Connie, she shot Olivia (who Morgan DOES care about) and conveniently left those two facts out while telling him Sonny wanted to kill her just because she saw him kill AJ. I'm gonna wait to see what he responds to Sonny's question in the preview - it's a 50/50 chance of him saying either "yeah go ahead and follow through with your plan" or "let her live in exile" or something like that. If he says "yeah kill her" then yes definitely throwing under the bus lol.

Well just giving up her location was still a pretty big deal when you think about it, heh, but I get what you're saying. And it is true he can still try and talk Sonny out of doing away with her, but that he would even dare to take the chance that Sonny would listen to reason knowing what he does from past experiences?

Okay I'll compromise, he hasn't yet fully thrown her under the Sonny tour bus, he's just given the driver the thumbs up to start the engine, heh.

Morgan did pledge to protect Ava and keep her away from Sonny since he finally realized Sonny's devious intentions towards her. But as soon as Sonny fed him everything, including that Ava had killed Connie and shot Olivia suddenly they're hugging and he's actually apologizing to the bastard and then tells him where he's been hiding Ava. At this point Morgan is fully aware that Sonny hasn't said a word about changing his mind about killing her, he hasn't promised him anything about sparing Ava's life and now he has enough information to go and snatch her away again.

One of the reasons I never warmed up to Ava and Morgan as a couple is because he is just a kid and he's always acted that way. He's never had the maturity, and I'm talking emotionally or mentally, to be in a grown up relationship, handling betrayals and being lied to and making promises with the full acceptance that things may not just work out in the end the way you want them to, but that's the risk you have to take. When push comes to shove he is a pushover especially with Sonny, it's as unhealthy a parent and child relationship as the show has going currently, imo. Well outside of the Cassadines of course.

Granted I have no use for Morgan, heh, but if I did I would sympathize with the kid because he's just so very screwed up and it thanks to his incredibly shitty parents. He's the only kid who got the full brunt of being raised by Carly and Sonny, and he had no buffer, not even Jax apparently could manage that and Jason was always too busy protecting "golden boy 2.0" Michael.

So now Morgan is irretrievably lost as well.  All - even if he doesn't actually know it - so he can be Number One Son. 

I guess it will be Michael and Dante against Mumbles and Carly and the rest of their posse now that Morgan has had his backbone sucked out along with his brain.

Morgan truly is the middle kid in all his damaged glory.

Dante has a well established family outside of Sonny, he can pull away, Michael even has his own, the Qs or what's left of them, so he too has a solid foundation where he can pull away and he isn't just going to be left out in the cold, Kristina is in school and she has her own family base that has nothing to do with Sonny or his money or power, even little Joss has Jax at the end of the day and his family, but Morgan is the only kid who doesn't have an out, his mother is Carly, his father is Sonny, he can't get away from that or them.

One thing abut Jake that is curious to me (besides his super healing powers) is did the accident change his voice & eyes? I could see his close friends and family not recognizing him from a distance but up close and personal? Good thing he doesn't have duck tattoos like Dr. Drake.

Perhaps they'll imply he had that new surgery that changes your eye colour, but I think the voice change is said to have happened because his vocal chords were damaged when he yanked out his breathing tube while still in the clinic and in full awareness of who he was, which is why we got so many amazing scenes of Robin basically talking to herself as a headless guy in a black tee hand jazzed his way along.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

Perhaps they'll imply he had that new surgery that changes your eye colour, but I think the voice change is said to have happened because his vocal chords were damaged when he yanked out his breathing tube while still in the clinic and in full awareness of who he was, which is why we got so many amazing scenes of Robin basically talking to herself as a headless guy in a black tee hand jazzed his way along.

Ah.  I was amazed that he was unable to speak at all but then once run over by a car, his voice returned and barely scratchy at all.  Guess it changed the tone and inflections as well.  Damn those tubes!

• Love 2
Ah.  I was amazed that he was unable to speak at all but then once run over by a car, his voice returned and barely scratchy at all.  Guess it changed the tone and inflections as well.  Damn those tubes!

They must have been shoved pretty far down his throat, maybe they were glued in place, but luckily reconstructive surgery heals all not just faces. And speaking of faces it's a good thing Jake's healed on the hour, literally, because he wouldn't have had nearly as much fun making faces at Dr. EvO like a fifth grader in elementary school.

• Love 2

OnceSane, word to your entire post.  If Sonny wasn't constantly thought of as some great guy and occasionally *really* lost, I would probably have much less of desire to shove bamboo under his fingernails.  

Jerry Jax is a charming sociopath. Heather is obsessed with her kids, and occasionally has super powers. That's a crazy I can get behind.

Yes, exactly!

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 2
The new "Despair in the Afternoon" post is my everything:

It was pretty spot on until they got to the Liz and Jakson bits for me, just say no.

And I will respond to the Sonny bits in his threads.

• Love 3

There really is no right choice between Sonny and Ava. Sonny is Sonny, and Ava is a cold-blooded killer who would destroy anything that stood in the way of her survival or power. Including her brother, her daughter and her portable dildo (sometimes known as Morgan).

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

There really is no right choice between Sonny and Ava. Sonny is Sonny, and Ava is a cold-blooded killer who would destroy anything that stood in the way of her survival or power. Including her brother, her daughter and her portable dildo (sometimes known as Morgan).

The thing about that is, Ava's going to end up paying for the things she's done, most likely, while Sonny slides by on the coating of grease he leaves in his wake everywhere he goes. Like a snail-trail, but different. Because that's how this show rolls. To me, at least, that makes Sonny worse by the power of a million.

• Love 19

I disagree severely. For me, the choice isn't even anywhere close to close. As much as I love Ava, I despise Sonny that much. So it's like choosing between free money and an island vacation and being force fed pig slop while doing manual labor. Unless this is a case of Morgan choosing between the two. In which case, he should still choose Ava, at least he was getting good sex out of it if nothing else.

That Despair post reminded me of the vileness of Shawn. I so wanted Jordan to kick him in the balls when he said that to her.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 9

I wouldn't choose Sonny because he's everything I hate to hate and therefore wish he would fall into an active volcano.

On the flip side though I wouldn't choose Ava because where she had potential it's all gone now. She "fell in love" with a human puppy, Morgan, and forgot what a bad-ass she once was in the process.

I don't care that she killed Connie or nearly killed Olivia, I was glad for that, and the Ava who first arrived wouldn't either, she wouldn't cower and hide and be the little woman in need of so many helping hands to stay alive.

If anything right now backed into a corner she should be at her most dangerous, at her most deadly and lethal and instead she'd getting a shot in the ass and stomach groped while sobbing helplessly. Her downfall has been pretty goddamn spectacular and there's no upside to her anymore as far as I'm concerned.

She's Faith now, another potentially strong and confident and anti-Sonny female who has been completely gutted and turned into a pathetic weakling with a rapidly approaching expiration date.

• Love 3

I wouldn't choose Sonny because he's everything I hate to hate and therefore wish he would fall into an active volcano.

On the flip side though I wouldn't choose Ava because where she had potential it's all gone now. She "fell in love" with a human puppy, Morgan, and forgot what a bad-ass she once was in the process.

I don't care that she killed Connie or nearly killed Olivia, I was glad for that, and the Ava who first arrived wouldn't either, she wouldn't cower and hide and be the little woman in need of so many helping hands to stay alive.

If anything right now backed into a corner she should be at her most dangerous, at her most deadly and lethal and instead she'd getting a shot in the ass and stomach groped while sobbing helplessly. Her downfall has been pretty goddamn spectacular and there's no upside to her anymore as far as I'm concerned.

She's Faith now, another potentially strong and confident and anti-Sonny female who has been completely gutted and turned into a pathetic weakling with a rapidly approaching expiration date.

I'll blame hormones.

I'll blame hormones.

She had turned into a mess long before she ever peed on that stick, imho. As soon as she spread her legs for Morgan the first time she was a goner, especially since her whole reason coming to town at first was to take down his beloved daddy dearest.

Those targeting Sonny have short lives in general, those who do so and then turn around and bed one of his spawned offspring? Doubly so.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1