Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

One doesn't necessarily mean the other, though. I find both characters unrootable. Just because I dislike Soccer Mom Loves-too-hard Carly doesn't mean that I'll ever cheer Franco for (kinda) tearing her down a peg. In fact, it takes away any joy from it whatsoever that it's he who gets to do it.

I couldn't agree more. Franco being the one to call out Carly robs me off the pleasure of Carly being taken down a peg or two.

I maintain that Carly would never ever have fallen for Fanco, let alone agree to Franco. I am glad that RC himself admitted the union was so viewers would sympathize with Franco. It was never about Carly, like any other none RC character/actor, Carly was just a tool used to facilitate Franco's half assed rehabilitation.

• Love 1

Guza seemed to understand that some characters do have an expiration date and one should abide by them, but Ron seems to have no grasp on that, he doesn't get it

With the glaring exception of Sonny and Jason, yes.  And Ric after the Panic Room grossness.

Ron seems to amp this up to really insane levels, though.  Franco was always disgusting, he never should have existed, and to have him try to humiliate Carly doesn't sit right with me.  I hate, hate, hate Carly.   And I guess she kind of brought this on herself because she was an idiot to ever accept Franco into her life, in any capacity.  Honestly, she's dodging a bullet here, if Franco leaves her at the alter.  But Franco getting to be triumphant in any manner is awful.

Almost everyone in this story is a monster, with the exception of Michael.  But Carly's kind of low on the totem pole here.  I can kinda see that Carly and Morgan are in a no-win situation.  Michael's life already sucks, finding out this truth is going to suck for him, and nobody wants to be the one to tell him.  What is Carly going to do - turn Sonny into the police?  He would probably kill her to protect himself, if he thought he had to, and I think she knows this. 

I can't believe I'm defending Carly here.  But compared to most of the gross bastards on this show ... at least she never murdered or kidnapped or tortured anyone.  So ... yay, Carly?  Don't let that Franco bastard get you down, I guess, even if you are a stupid asshole. 

(She still is going to hell for making Michael ever be in any proximity to Franco, though.)

He gets a lot of credit for bringing action and adventure and history back to the show and pulling it away from the mob, and he has done that but he still also services the mob.

I can't really give him credit for this.  Guza had action and adventure, too - like the Metrocourt hostage situation, and Robin and Patrick and Lulu going off to find Robert and Luke on that island, with Anna showing up as well.  It was all stupid nonsense, but it was adventure nonetheless that wasn't centered around the mob.  The stuff Ron's coming up with isn't any better paced or more intelligently written. 

Both regimes would try to balance the canvas a little, but then go back to the Sonny Shenanigans Hour again.  Ron certainly balances the canvas more ...  unfortunately, by bringing in a lot of characters even more freakish and/or unappealing than Sonny. 

• Love 5

Today's show was disgusting. Nina torturing & molesting a pregnant Ava was sick it kept making me squimish.

Morgan, you poor insecure young man. You are dead to me as long as you are team Sonny.

All I have to say is, I watched the original "Hell No" wedding & this was a pathetic, weak, & cheap imitation. Hell I still watch the original on occasion.

Wow, Ron allowed Anna to put some pieces together when everything is about to get out in the open.

Why were Lucy & Felix at that stupid wedding? Especially, Felix. Ron better not be throwing him back at CoJones. Who am I kidding, he's going back to a triangle.

I just need this shit to get out in the open so I can take a well needed trip to the barge.

• Love 5

I maintain that Carly would never ever have fallen for Fanco, let alone agree to Franco.

He flat out admitted to her before the ceremony that he (AGAIN) attempted to expose the AJ secret and she barely batted an eye.  That's not Carly, you guys.  It's a Skrull!

• Love 3
With the glaring exception of Sonny and Jason, yes.  And Ric after the Panic Room grossness.

I try not to think about them and Guza and the unspeakable, unholy horrors that came about because of his unhealthy attachment to those characters. Though he did eventually write Ric off and kept him off, it was Ron who decided he was "worthy" of a return.

And though I am trying my best not to think about that wedding nonsense, I was surprised Joss went ahead and tossed the flowers, I thought she would just dump the basket full on the floor. I would not have blamed her.

Edited by CPP83

I think Guza's adventure capers were mostly very weak sauce - I thought he brought them back in as a sop to fans, but kept them largely focused on the mob or his or Frons's pet characters. Looking back at how Robert, Robin, Holly, etc. were handled, say, in the monkey crisis, it was disappointing then and it's worse now in hindsight. I do think his writers had much more sense of the characters. He had a very good staff of sophisticated writers who often papered over his weaknesses. Ron's adventures can be more fun but the writing is a mess.

I think if it was up to just Ron he would probably utterly dispense with a lot of the mob scene, but it's not just up to him. As it is, he is responsible for what he does with them, and he is only loyal to his own preferences. I also don't think he would necessarily dispense with Sonny or Carly. I do think that he sees a happy compromise as being Sonny and Carly receiving karmic justice, getting taken down by their lies and by Franco, and it is karmic justice in a way - the problem is that Franco is even worse than them, and I think Ron prefers Roger Howarth and his pet ideas or reinventions over all else. For all of Sonny and Carly's many sins, I would sooner watch them for another ten years versus watching Franco (and Nina) for another ten minutes.

But to Ron, all this is the cost of admission. "I downgraded the mob, Sonny and Carly are getting theirs - what more do you want?"

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

you watched todays show. Blood will tell. Next I expect Morgan to kill Ava. I can't believe how stupid I am. Guess its true you are stupid if you watch something again expecting a different outcome. Today was one of the worse show ever ! Poor Sonny he had no choice but to kill that evil drunken AJ .he was tricked into it, and bad Morgan picked on him. I can't. I just can't. I picked today to watch this stupidity after not watching since AJ was murdered. hey maybe the keystone cops can give Sonny a medal. I don't like MW but Nina is a piece of work. maybe they can pair her with Scummy. She actually made me sick rubbing Ava's stomach. I hope the baby is a girl, and looks just like Ava. let the wtd live with that. Back to the barge, Dante doesn't believe his father can shoot someone in cold blood.? Scummy's blood sons are showing  blood will tell. ! Soebody shoot me now. and I DON"T mean shawn.

• Love 2

I'm only rooting for Franco to reveal the truth about AJ's murder. But its Franco playing the "wronged" man who is orchestrating revenge on the woman who cheated on him and broke his trusting heart into a billion pieces that I could give 2 shits about. I get the feeling that the "Lying, cheating whore" thing was supposed to make some of us cheer for him or something, and the only way that would matter to me is if I truly believed he WAS wronged. And I don't, because he's a stupid, shitty character who doesn't deserve any sort of fair treatment from anyone. And while I'm not a huge Carly fan, Cranco was an odious couple, and she has my support for blowing it up into a million pieces by sleeping with her moobster ex husband. She may have done shitty things and deserve a comeuppanance, but certainly not from Franco.

I will, however , root for Franco, only and if he vomits the AJ truth once and for all. That's the only purpose I think he has on my screen (other than making me not hate him as much when he's with Nina)

All that I care about is the AJ reveal. He isnt much else but a plotpoint to me right now

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 5

He flat out admitted to her before the ceremony that he (AGAIN) attempted to expose the AJ secret and she barely batted an eye.  That's not Carly, you guys.  It's a Skrull!

That would explain a few things.

• Love 2

Back to the barge, Dante doesn't believe his father can shoot someone in cold blood.? Scummy's blood sons are showing blood will tell. ! Soebody shoot me now. and I DON"T mean shawn.

Dante believed Anna pretty much immediately, he was just distressed because he didn't want it to be true.

• Love 8
Dante believed Anna pretty much immediately, he was just distressed because he didn't want it to be true.

I guess it was too much to ask for him to skip gleefully from the office with handcuffs in hand humming a happy tune.

• Love 4

Carley drugged AJ poured booze over him dumped him in a cleaning basket,  dumped him in a parking garage to make it seem like he was drinking and driving again. At the time AJ was clean and sober. she wanted him to go away so she could have Tony marry her. She wanted to make it seem like Tony was michaels father. No one ,absolutely no one on this show could ever do anything horrable enough to her. Franco is a serial killer but R H is not Franco so who cares.. Guess Monday Michael will be with carley like Morgan is with Scummy. poor baby you were pushed into this . Its not your fault.. GAg me. there is NOT one character on this show I like right down to the kids. I did like Emma ,but who cares now. Re_Ron has ruined the things he did the first few months he was here.. I didn't watch much of OLTL so hell no wedding was new to me. Just when I think the show couldn't get any worse. we get Fridays show.

• Love 3

This episode was a travesty. I had to fast forward most of it to keep myself from going full on nuts with rage.

Jake is awful and I can not abide by this bullshit with Liz for one more minute. I started ffwding as soon as he started the OTT German accent. This story is somehow both boring as hell and completely infuriating. MAKE IT STOP!

Fucking Morgan. Why, WHY does he have to be such a big dumb insecure idiot? I mean, I know why, what with his parents, but it makes me so sad/mad. Sigh.

Everyone's already said it, but the Nina/Ava scenes were flat out disgusting. I fast forwarded all of it and it still made me seethe.

Felix showing up at the wedding made me so irrationally angry. And then he recited some poem or something and I just, I can't. I CAN NOT.

• Love 6

Alright, as far as the SERIAL KILLER being the one to expose Sonny as AJ's true murderer at this point the only two people who don't know pretty much are the milk man and Michael, and the milk man probably would if he just gave enough of a shit to be bothered which he doesn't.

I just don't understand the point of playing up the reveal at the wedding with the SERIAL KILLER headlining it because he isn't necessary. There are ten people who know the truth who could tell Michael, Dante and Anna finally bought a clue, whatever impact might have been had has been lost because not only does the audience know Sonny murdered AJ half the goddamn town does too!

Is it so impossible for Ron to comprehend that impact is better had when just one or two persons are in on a very big secret and it's not being shared among every single person within a fifty mile radius?

All this build up and all that's left is utter bullshit, I suppose Ron feels he must stick to doing what he does best.

• Love 6

Ugh, I hate that I hate pretty much every character.

Ava, Nina, Dr. O, Franco, Carly, Sonny, Julian can all DIAF.

Morgan!!! I was rooting for you!!! We were all rooting for you!!! Why can't he just hate Ava and Sonny and Carly and everyone else I hate? Morgs apologizing to Sonny made me vom on the spot. "You've been dealing with this all on your own..." WHAT!?!?? How dare you, Ron, for putting this absolute shit on paper.

This Danny was adorable today. He loved him some Silas. Sorry, but your twin freaks me out, kiddo.

Are Anna and Dante married yet?

Another day of Jake/Liz all over each other for no reason. Liz throwing the "love" word around. "Paint my face, Lizzie." Ugh. Why does everything have to be so obvious? Hells bells.

Billy Miller is still the cutest thing ever and looks like a great cuddle buddy.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
Jake is awful and I can not abide by this bullshit with Liz for one more minute. I started ffwding as soon as he started the OTT German accent. This story is somehow both boring as hell and completely infuriating. MAKE IT STOP!

Oh come now peachmangosteen, didn't you catch that little gem of his where he asked Liz if she thought he'd always been so "funny"? I mean all the "wink wink wink winking" Ron is doing and we're just being so unappreciative of it all...

I am now wondering if an insurance representative from Jordan's insurance company stopped by to see about Jake, ended up watching five minutes of he and Liz together and said "fuck this shit" and just left, leaving him to cover his own medical bill. A gal can dream...

• Love 4

Oh come now peachmangosteen, didn't you catch that little gem of his where he asked Liz if she thought he'd always been so "funny"? I mean all the "wink wink wink winking" Ron is doing and we're just being so unappreciative of it all...

You know what, I actually did see this (I must've been having a rage blackout and forgot to press fast forward for a second) and my eyes rolled so hard. It is unfathomable to me how bad this is already. I can't even imagine how awful it's going to become.

• Love 1
I can't believe how upset I let myself get over this idiocy.

I know - it happens to me too, and I'm always a little ashamed of myself when I get all worked up.  Especially because by now, I should KNOW that things are never going to work out the way I want them to, and yet I still allow myself to hope.

I just don't understand the point of playing up the reveal at the wedding with the SERIAL KILLER headlining it because he isn't necessary. There are ten people who know the truth who could tell Michael, Dante and Anna finally bought a clue, whatever impact might have been had has been lost because not only does the audience know Sonny murdered AJ half the goddamn town does too!

It is a little ridiculous, but the stupid writers have everyone but Franco insisting that Michael never learn the truth, to "protect him", and so it takes a sociopath to actually tell him, I guess.  

And this Jake mess?  I don't even know what's going on there.  It's not interesting, it's not amusing, it's not "hot", it's just .. one of the weirdest drawn-out things I've ever said. 

the stupid writers have everyone but Franco insisting that Michael never learn the truth, to "protect him", and so it takes a sociopath to actually tell him, I guess.

In a very narrowly defined way, Franco is the only neutral party here. 

I can't even imagine how awful it's going to become.

I fear Ron is going to steal from An Affair to Remember considering how hard he's pushing Liz's "painting skills" so suddenly, another bit right out of left field that really isn't necessary nor interesting.

I just want Jake to get run over again.

• Love 1

What irritating is while everyone is protecting their own ass in the name of Michael, AJ and Connie's families have no clue about the truth of their murders (and I don't count Sonny in that).  

I didn't watch the Sonny and Morgan scenes because the aggravation is just not worth it, but he went from wanting Sonny to not kill Ava just because she had the "goods" on Sonny to its ok to kill her because she killed first?  I guess its ok to play God when the other person is a murderer.

And its all ok now that Sonny killed AJ because Ava played Sonny for the idiot he is?  The so called big bad mobster?

And how can anyone stand there and listen to the woman I love bullshit when the man banged three women in what a year of her death?  Yeah, he's real broken up about that.  

Edited by ch1
  • Love 12
It is a little ridiculous, but the stupid writers have everyone but Franco insisting that Michael never learn the truth, to "protect him", and so it takes a sociopath to actually tell him, I guess.

Well nearly everyone, but certainly not Ava and now there's Anna catching on, and while I am sure she would hate to hurt Michael she would tell the truth if she had the proof enough to do so.

I just really think Ron wants this whole reveal nonsense to be as much about Franco as Michael, as if they both can share the role of the wronged parties, both so horribly betrayed by Carly and Sonny, it fits into the plan he seems to have come up with to make Franco a "victim" again, since the brain tumour defense didn't work out as well as he wanted it to it seems.

• Love 2

So I take it I made the right decision by not watching?

Yep. Monday's episode better be amazing to make up for the shitfest that was today. Who am I kidding? It will be equally, if not more, awful as today.

• Love 5

Jiz are disgusting.

Damn Nina for not killing Ava and her demon spawn while she had the chance.

I find it hilarious that Ava's precious Morgan betrayed her. That's what she gets for being suck a stupid pathetic dumbass.

Of course Danny is sick again because why not. At least he's not being thrown off a roof again.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

This episode was a travesty. I had to fast forward most of it to keep myself from going full on nuts with rage.

Jake is awful and I can not abide by this bullshit with Liz for one more minute. I started ffwding as soon as he started the OTT German accent. This story is somehow both boring as hell and completely infuriating. MAKE IT STOP!.

There probably are ways to make this "Jason" return more boring, but I'm hard-pressed to think of them.

Dude, why are they wasting Billy Miller?

What the everliving fuck?

Forget Billy Miller, why are they wasting Finola Hughes, Jane Elliott, Dominic Zamprogna, etc etc??

• Love 10
Forget Billy Miller, why are they wasting Finola Hughes, Jane Elliott, Dominic Zamprogna, etc etc??

Yeah. Honestly, I have zero fucks to give about Billy Miller. Those who've stuck it out over the years to be treated to this travesty of a rotting corpse of a soap are the ones I feel for, as I think they stay because they need the cash, at this point. But they SHOULD have SOMETHING GOOD to act out.

Under RC, there's even less than there was with Guza, and that says tons.

• Love 3

So true!! Cant stand those two together with the corny dialogue. Nina and Ava scene was just so stupid. She bends over and gets a shot in the ass. Wow, how hard did the writers have to think, to come up with that scenario.The character Sam just bugs the hell out of me. Have never liked her,nor see no need for her to still be around. I wish Billy M would go back to Y and R where he belongs, because his two replacements are like the writing on this show.....a joke!!

Billy Miller is awesome, it's just that Ron sucks at pacing stories. AJ was murdered in March, now we are in October, so it will technically be Nov 3 when Micheal learns the truth. And Connie was murdered in um 2013? Or January? And Fluke has been going on for like a fucking year.

So either 85 people will know Jake is Jason, or no one will know till next year.

• Love 2

Previews...shut up, Liz.  While Dr. O does in fact hate you, I'm pretty sure, given what we've seen of her approach to medicine and cost efficiency, she'd be booting Jake(son) out regardless.  And hey, if you think she's making Jake(son) a target because of you, maybe stop camping out in his room 24/7 and, I dunno, tend to another patient.  Gah!

Between the never-ending Niz merry-go-round and now this Jake(son) crap, I feel like Ron is trying to punish me for preferring Liz with AJ.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Okay Liz and Jake are in a bubble, and well yeah she's being completely unprofessional but it's like the one bright spot in this disaster of a show.

Nina is disgusting, what she is doing to Ava is disgusting. I literally see rage when thinking of those scenes, I just can't even form any other thoughts about that whole mess.

Franco humiliating Carly at the altar should amuse me, but it almost makes me feel sorry for Carly. I feel dirty now.

• Love 4

Franco humiliating Carly at the altar should amuse me, but it almost makes me feel sorry for Carly. I feel dirty now.

I feel bad for Lucas.  His big sister finally invites him to one of her weddings and it goes sour.

• Love 3

Personally, I'm enjoying the last 2 weeks except for Nina and Spencer.

I know I'm in a minority here, but I like Ava.  I know she's done some horrible things, but I've also seen her care about others.  I tend to think she's more bad than evil and I can see her being redeemed.  MW is also a good actress.

I like Ava with Julian. 

And now Morgan is forever dead to me.

I liked Morgan's new hair. But I guess the haircut took away his ability to reason.

I really wish that they bothered to hire a day player to marry Cranco. Using Lucy is just getting old.

Yea, what's up with having Lucy come in with Felix when Scotty is the Father of the Groom and Lucas is Brother of the Bride?  What about the nasty judge in Maxie's hearing?

I am hoping that Morgan takes Sonny to the brownstone and either Sonny kills Nina or Nina kills Sonny. I would be happy with either outcome.

Double murder.  That's my hope.  I really thought there would be a reveal that Kiki was Nina's daughter.

I really want Franco to play the video at the wedding.  I have neither love or hate for Carly but I don't cotton to all her lies and cover-ups.

And I really want to see Heather do something other than scarf a BLT.

Jake's hot.  Even hot enough for me to get past Liz's jutting collar bones.

Edited by Lola16
  • Love 2

I hope Heather is in costume, playing the video.

Further proof of the stoopid:

Carly- "The Haunted Star doesn't really represent a good time for us, Franco. "

Micheal- "Last time you brought us to the Haunted Star...."

So....Franco is Twisty? Cover your paper, Ryan Murphy.

• Love 2
Jiz are disgusting.

Different strokes.  For me, they're literally the only good thing about this crapfest.  (Because we all know that Sonny and Carly getting busted isn't going to end up being nearly as satisfying as one could hope.)  I'm going to be pissed when Liz just gets tossed aside (and probably a little dose of extra character assassination) to prop JaSam...again.  BH and BM are adorable together.  

• Love 11

Carly listened to AJ beg for his life and was whatevs.

Actually, IIRC, Carly was so turned on by hearing A.J. beg for his life that she fucked Franco right on the spot.

Carley drugged AJ poured booze over him dumped him in a cleaning basket,  dumped him in a parking garage to make it seem like he was drinking and driving again. At the time AJ was clean and sober. she wanted him to go away so she could have Tony marry her. She wanted to make it seem like Tony was Michael's father. No one ,absolutely no one on this show could ever do anything horrible enough to her. 

Where I am coming from.  I am cheering Franco on, he can STFU and get written off the show after he burns Sonny and Carly's lives to the ground.

• Love 9

Joss was the only good thing about today's show; the way she rolled her eyes before stomping forward and flinging the petals, then dropping them very exaggeratedly dainty-like, and her look when Not!Todd said Hell no was priceless. I would like to see her do more than be Spencer's cohort in the annoying kiddie-line.

• Love 9