Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 3/24/2019 at 10:51 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

But Kevin had him locked up in Ferncliff, not a room in home or a safe house of some kind. 

I don't see how Kevin could be at all liable as he didn't plan the crimes with Ryan.  It's not enough to the a cause of another's person's location.  

On 3/25/2019 at 3:03 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

Chase figuring out that Shiloh was Willow's baby daddy, have me speculating that Shiloh will find out/realize he fathered a child with her and that child is "Wiley." 

Chase was pretty smart for a soap opera cop.  He figured it all out right there.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

I don't see how Kevin could be at all liable as he didn't plan the crimes with Ryan.  It's not enough to the a cause of another's person's location. 

Wasn't Ryan wanted by the police for murder? Or at least he would have been if they had known he's alive. Therefore Kevin was harboring a fugitive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yet somehow Jason saves the day. Again. Sigh.

That's what I'm hating most about this Shiloh story: it's going to go the way all the stories go, re Jason saving everyone from something BAAAADDDDD.  And it won't matter that he acts like a Terminator simply following orders--he'll be the hero.

Honestly, how is this part the least big interesting for SBu to play?  He's almost 50 years old and all he does every day is scowl, say a few words, and pull out his gun and/or beat someone up.  How challenging.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That's what I'm hating most about this Shiloh story: it's going to go the way all the stories go, re Jason saving everyone from something BAAAADDDDD.  And it won't matter that he acts like a Terminator simply following orders--he'll be the hero.

Honestly, how is this part the least big interesting for SBu to play?  He's almost 50 years old and all he does every day is scowl, say a few words, and pull out his gun and/or beat someone up.  How challenging.

Burton wants to cash the check and then get more cash by using his fanbase to buy those crappy products him and his wife produce. He doesn’t care about a challenge as long as he is getting paid and not "losing" to Billy Miller in the shipper wars......

But I think with all the complaints one of the lame Davis girls will end up killing Shiloh. Hopefully it’s not Sam. Then the show will say “see we let the girls save the day” like that’s suppose to make up for the garbage produced for females on the daily. 

It needs to be Alexis, Molly, or Kristina.  But it will be Sam because the show hates me. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
On 3/22/2019 at 7:42 PM, Hater said:

I see Danny still hasn’t learned how to act. All in the family I guess.

They should hand Danny an Emmy compared to Rocco.  I had flashbacks to the kid from "Airplane", he was so incredibly bad with his mugging for the camera.

• Love 1

Why don’t they just call Dawn of Day .....Dawn of Scientology? Now, Willow is talking about the children being indoctrinated in the cult. Jeez! Someone does not like Tom Cruise. LOL!!!!!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

Stafford is a Scientologist. 

Really??? I must have missed that one. Then she must love this storyline.

Also, what is it with GH & these kid actors? They are awful. The kid playing Rocco is not what I picture being Dante’s son. I know he’s part Spencer but still......

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Also, what is it with GH & these kid actors? They are awful. The kid playing Rocco is not what I picture being Dante’s son. I know he’s part Spencer but still......

It seems like all the GH boys are blonds.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Wasn't Ryan wanted by the police for murder? Or at least he would have been if they had known he's alive. Therefore Kevin was harboring a fugitive.

That's my take on it too.

Additionally, wouldn't this situation put his license to practice under scrutiny/review?

ETA...has Carly ever made the connection that Ryan was her neighbor at Ferncliff?  She might have said, but I probably had my fingers in my ears.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's my take on it too.

Additionally, wouldn't this situation put his license to practice under scrutiny/review?

ETA...has Carly ever made the connection that Ryan was her neighbor at Ferncliff?  She might have said, but I probably had my fingers in my ears.

Yes when she was talking to Jason in the hospital after he found her, she asked if it was Ryan. He said yeah, and she talked about hearing him do Morse code at the bar and asking him about it. I think that's how it went. It's crazy that Jason just knew it was Ryan that was Carly's neighbor when he talked to Kevin about it. Wasn't it plausible that Ryan had already switched places with Kevin before Carly got to Ferncliff? 

• Love 1

I had no idea about Stafford, but if you had told me that one female cast member presently on GH is a member, she would have been my first guess. She has that manic Jenna Elfman/Kirstie Alley/Juliette Lewis vibe about her, in character or out of it.  

I do wonder what she thinks about this storyline, which so far her character has only been on the periphery of. Shiloh is totally going to want to put Wiley in the Sea Org on a billion-year contract.  

I do prefer Chase to Nathan. They're both there to be eye candy, of course, but Chase/Swickard is better at getting me to accept him as a detective. Nathan/Paevey always seemed sweet and decent and all, but I didn't see much case-solving coming out of him. Maybe a crossing guard that all the mothers would be swooning over.   

Some of you are much kinder than I am. I saw the mentions of The Manchurian Candidate re: Dante's repeating "I will complete the mission." That's probably what they were going for, but all I could think of, after the first four times I heard him say it, was Reggie Jackson in The Naked Gun repeating "I must kill the Queen." Maybe Laura will be the target after all. She can be making a public appearance at the PCPD softball game. Who would be the Frank Drebin character trying to foil the conspiracy? Robert? 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

He looks more like Colt McCoy's son than Dante's. And yes, he's bad. I don't see any point arguing about who is worse between Danny and Rocco. Both are terrible and neither is cute enough to overcome how bad the acting is. Maybe the actor who plays Cam has a brother...

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

He looks more like Colt McCoy's son than Dante's. And yes, he's bad. I don't see any point arguing about who is worse between Danny and Rocco. Both are terrible and neither is cute enough to overcome how bad the acting is. Maybe the actor who plays Cam has a brother...

Yes. Elizabeth has better kids in the casting department. Everyone else is a mess. Even, Robin lucked out in the casting pool when they cast Brooklyn Rae Silzer as her daughter.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Hater said:

Stafford is a Scientologist. 

44 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I had no idea about Stafford, but if you had told me that one female cast member presently on GH is a member, she would have been my first guess. She has that manic Jenna Elfman/Kirstie Alley/Juliette Lewis vibe about her, in character or out of it.  

Maybe if her character gets more involved in the story line she'll get offended and quit in protest.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

So no on-screen reaction from Lulu about Dante upending the table?  She just cleaned up that giant mess and shrugged it off?  Maybe that would've been good to see (especially since DZ is on a limited return here) other than the 756th (this month) of Jason scowling.  Just a thought, show.

• Love 10

So Lulu didn't see Dante's back scars the first night he returned and they made love?  But instead saw them for the first time when she came into the bedroom while he was sleeping.  That was ridiculous!

• Love 5

All I could think of after Dante flipped the table was:

Damn! somebody's gonna have to clean that up

and

Wow! That's an awful lot of leftover Cheetos! Who serves Cheetos as a party snack-- people get the cheese dust on their hands-- it gets on the furniture. Why not pretzels? Chips & Salsa? Crudites? Tell me walking-Italian-momma cliche Olivia wouldn't have a recipe for Bruschetta?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So no on-screen reaction from Lulu about Dante upending the table?  She just cleaned up that giant mess and shrugged it off?  Maybe that would've been good to see (especially since DZ is on a limited return here) other than the 756th (this month) of Jason scowling.  Just a thought, show.

At first, I thought it was a dream sequence because their was no "clean up" and, he was next seen in bed sleeping. So, I'm a little confused if it was real, she heard it and it got cleaned up or it was just cut in editing or something. The continuity was totally off with all of it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

walking-Italian-momma cliche Olivia

Literally, as soon as Dante opened the door and there was a surprise party my mother said "any excuse for Olivia to make manicotti" moments before Olivia said "I've got a manicotti in the oven."  Not to mention the crossing herself about her "Nonna's" secret recipe.  I'm shocked the show didn't have her wanting to put a grape-stomping barrel on the Q mansion's patio so she could make her own wine.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I like Chase. I think he is absolutely adorable and have enjoyed that he seems to genuinely be just a good guy. I wasn't thrilled when they partnered him with Willow, especially when it looked like they were headed for a terrible triangle with them and Michael. However, I still liked the character. But now he is getting in with Jason. No. Please no. I loved him being one of the few characters who didn't worship at the Corinthos alter. Now this? No thank you.

Franco's hair looked terrible today.

The Aiden thing might be my least favorite storyline on right now. Huge accomplishment since I don't like much of the show at the present time. GH seems to think they are being so progressive and edgy but are instead just reinforcing tired gender stereotypes. It's insulting.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I like Chase. I think he is absolutely adorable and have enjoyed that he seems to genuinely be just a good guy. I wasn't thrilled when they partnered him with Willow, especially when it looked like they were headed for a terrible triangle with them and Michael. However, I still liked the character. But now he is getting in with Jason. No. Please no. I loved him being one of the few characters who didn't worship at the Corinthos alter. Now this? No thank you.

Someone has to take Griffin's place of worship.  

• Love 2

What the eff was going on with RoHO's hair today.  Good dog that was awful.  Does he not own a mirror.  

Memo to Liz, not all children are invited to other's birthday parties.  Throwing a party for my own 11 yr old next week.  Only her 5 closest friends are invited.  Not the whole class.  And it has nothing to do with one's gender identity.  Just because Aiden wasn't invited to Patty's birthday, doesn't mean that it's because he's gay.  Or not gay, whatever the case might be.  So dumb.

Okay, raise your hands, who else thought Willow was either going to take off with Wylie right then and there or would come back and snatch him later, and leave town with him.  Girl had the crazy baby rabies eyes going on.  (kudos to the actress on that)

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Memo to Liz, not all children are invited to other's birthday parties.  Throwing a party for my own 11 yr old next week.  Only her 5 closest friends are invited.  Not the whole class.  And it has nothing to do with one's gender identity.  Just because Aiden wasn't invited to Patty's birthday, doesn't mean that it's because he's gay.  Or not gay, whatever the case might be.  So dumb.

I thought it was the rule you had to invite all the kids in class to b-day parties nowadays.  Like an actual rule from the school.

2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I thought it was the rule you had to invite all the kids in class to b-day parties nowadays.  Like an actual rule from the school.

At my kid's school, if you are going to pass out invitations at the school, you have to invite the entire class, just the girls, or just the boys. So, you couldn't invite Jenny and Suzie but not Mary. Or you can't invite Jenny and Bill but not Mary or Frank. We had my daughter's party and just didn't pass out invitations at the school because there were some girls we just didn't care to have at the party.

4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Not where I come from.  How could they enforce that?   

They do ask that if you're bringing treats in on your kid's birthday, that there should be one for everyone.  But that one is just common sense.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

We had my daughter's party and just didn't pass out invitations at the school because there were some girls we just didn't care to have at the party.

Or this.  The invites are handed out in the yard after school, and a fuss isn't made in case someone happens to be there that isn't invited.  

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Okay, raise your hands, who else thought Willow was either going to take off with Wylie right then and there or would come back and snatch him later, and leave town with him.  Girl had the crazy baby rabies eyes going on.  (kudos to the actress on that)

Well that makes sense considering that we suspect that Nina is her biological mother.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Perkie said:

What the eff was going on with RoHO's hair today.  Good dog that was awful.  Does he not own a mirror.  

Low flow shower heads. (Seinfeld reference)

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

If Willow took Willey, or he disappeared and she was a suspect (because duh), then it would be on the news and very public that she was his mother, and Shiloh would find out, which is the exact opposite of what she wants, so I can't see it.

• Love 3

Today had more aggravating behavior than usual, which is saying something.

Sonny should know by now that putting Mike on the spot like that—"you know who this is, don't you?"—is the worst thing he could do. Sonny is such a jerk.

Be the change you want to see, Willow. Running away won't help anyone currently in Dawn of Day.

Sam sucks for using her kids to get Jason off the hook with Shiloh. 

They're really sticking with Aidan's love of baking as the reason he's not "wholesome"? I get not wanting the Aidan actor to do the heavy lifting—he can't do it, even if he's had some nice scenes—but the show really needs to put a LOT more effort into this, and stop using such tired stereotypes.

Keep yelling at Kristina, Sonny. That will get her out of DoD. Something about Kristina and/or LA really brings out the menace in Sonny/MB. There always seems to be a threat just under the surface of whatever they talk about, and I'm not sure it's intentional.

Brad and Willow were at that same place that Anna and LWB/FS were last night. I think that is where Laura was inaugurated, as someone smarter than I am pointed out yesterday. Is that the entrance to a park? 

2 minutes ago, nilyank said:
26 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Well that makes sense considering that we suspect that Nina is her biological mother.

LOL. Willow is also in Port Charles, where there's something in the water that affects women, especially, of child-bearing age. (The men get it to a lesser degree.)

Margaux can't get anything right, can she? "Shiloh is an extraordinary man." Way to keep your ear to the ground of what's happening in your city, Ms. District Attorney. FFS.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Franco's hair looked terrible today.

37 minutes ago, Perkie said:

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Low flow shower heads.

I think it was plain old unwashed hair. There was one greasy string hanging down that convinced me of that. 

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Keep yelling at Kristina, Sonny. That will get her out of DoD. 

Exactly -- and from the man who had just told Alexis not to do exactly what he did.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Margaux can't get anything right, can she? "Shiloh is an extraordinary man." Way to keep your ear to the ground of what's happening in your city, Ms. District Attorney. FFS.

I know she was reading his book, but didn't she also attend a seminar or was thinking of it?

She sounded as bad as Kristina, minus the screeching. 

Willow should have just come right out and told Brad who Shiloh was to her. That alone would have kept him away from DoD and she wouldn't even have had to go into the sordid details of her past.

Being Steve Burton must be nice. He averages the most episodes, I imagine, or at least the top 3 total, comes in, has a script of two words and duck-faces his way through the scenes.

And now we have him in Chase's orbit, so I'm assuming it won't take very long for sweet and earnest Chase to be tainted by the holy hitman.

Just great.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Being Steve Burton must be nice. He averages the most episodes, I imagine, or at least the top 3 total, comes in, has a script of two words and duck-faces his way through the scenes.

I'm convinced Burton has some sort of rider in his contract that limits how many words he has to say each episode (or some average of episodes) and what words he says, since Jason rarely says anything new.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Brad and Willow were at that same place that Anna and LWB/FS were last night. I think that is where Laura was inaugurated, as someone smarter than I am pointed out yesterday. Is that the entrance to a park? 

It's the new gazebo, the hip place for the kids to hang out!!  

15 minutes ago, ouinason said:

and Shiloh would find out, which is the exact opposite of what she wants, so I can't see it.

But she got all squirly when she saw Brad with the DOD pamphlet and he said he was going to be taking Shiloh's seminars.  I had the feeling that she'd grab the baby and run, to protect them from all the evil people.  Plus this baby swap needs to ramp up a little.  

15 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But she got all squirly when she saw Brad with the DOD pamphlet and he said he was going to be taking Shiloh's seminars.  I had the feeling that she'd grab the baby and run, to protect them from all the evil people.  Plus this baby swap needs to ramp up a little.  

I think she had a moment of wanting to bolt with the baby in her arms because Brad was talking about possibly taking seminars there and mentioned Shiloh, then decided she had to stick around to protect her "son" from being exposed to DOD. I figured she didn't shut Brad down about DOD because she didn't want to make an impression that she is familiar with it/risk him speaking to Shiloh about her - especially after she reacted so strongly to his question about the baby's father. I'm sure she thinks Shiloh could manipulate Brad into talking about her and possibly her "connection to Wiley" if he had awareness that she and Brad know each other. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think she had a moment of wanting to bolt with the baby in her arms because Brad was talking about possibly taking seminars there and mentioned Shiloh, then decided she had to stick around to protect her "son" from being exposed to DOD. I figured she didn't shut Brad down about DOD because she didn't want to make an impression that she is familiar with it/risk him speaking to Shiloh about her - especially after she reacted so strongly to his question about the baby's father. I'm sure she thinks Shiloh could manipulate Brad into talking about her and possibly her "connection to Wiley" if he had awareness that she and Brad know each other. 

This is how I read all of that, too. And another reason she stuck around was because she realized she didn't want to leave her class. Elizabeth's phone call drove that home.

I'm glad Willow is staying. The character and actress are starting to grow on me.

Kristina is annoying as f*ck, but I loved her throwing the irony of Sonny calling someone else dangerous in his face.

Why is Margaux still on the show? She adds nothing.

• Love 7

This Aiden story is so unrealistic IMO. I don't believe a parent would not invite him to a birthday party because he's too effeminate. A lot of boys Aiden's age don't even like girls yet, so I don't buy that a parent would construe Aiden being gay just because he loves to bake.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

This Aiden story is so unrealistic IMO. I don't believe a parent would not invite him to a birthday party because he's too effeminate. 

There are lots of reasons kids don't get invited to birthday parties. Maybe the honoree was told he or she could only invite x number of people. Maybe it was only the people who lived on the same street. When I was about Aiden's age, my next door neighbor told another girl and me that we wouldn't be invited because her mother said if the three of us got together (bd girl and the two of us) we'd probably fight. We all managed to survive. And we're still friends MANY years later. 

But I'm sure GH will go the (easier) gay route instead of even pursuing a story about mistaken impressions.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Why is Margaux still on the show? She adds nothing.

The fact that she's played by a 4 time Emmy award nominee with two very succesfull character runs on 2 different soaps. Sadly the shitstain that is this show doesn't know how to accomodate her which is....not surprising. EH deserves better than this tripe.

Sam was just generally awful today, between using her kids to get Jason off, yelling at Kristina for telling the truth about Jason's line of work, and the smugging it up in the end.....Kemo is so zombied out and lifeless so that doesn't help either.

Whatever the hell was on Franco's head...someone please kill it. What bet did Roho lose? 

At least Sonny was alive during his scenes with Kristina. I do like their scenes because LA is one of the few people who can bring that out in MB anymore.

They needed a better actress to play Willow, who has been given a backstory, 2 love interests, a possible mother and a major sweeps story despite not being able to cough up one natural, organic line in her life, while others much more capable are forced to play DA dayplayer one noted bitches. Seriously please take EH out of this mess.

Edited by Bawoman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

The fact that she's played by a 4 time Emmy award nominee with two very succesfull character runs on 2 different soaps. Sadly the shitstain that is this show doesn't know how to accomodate her which is....not surprising. EH deserves better than this tripe.

Sam was just generally awful today, between using her kids to get Jason off, yelling at Kristina for telling the truth about Jason's line of work, and the smugging it up in the end.....Kemo is so zombied out and lifeless so that doesn't help either.

Whatever the hell was on Franco's head...someone please kill it. What bet did Roho lose? 

At least Sonny was alive during his scenes with Kristina. I do like their scenes because LA is one of the few people who can bring that out in MB anymore.

They needed a better actress to play Willow, who has been given a backstory, 2 love interests, a possible mother and a major sweeps story despite not being able to cough up one natural, organic line in her life, while others much more capable are forced to play DA dayplayer one noted bitches. Seriously please take EH out of this mess.

I agree about MB's scenes with Lexi. I think it may be because MB has daughters, he can really relate to a story where a father wants to protect his daughter.

I think the actress who plays Willow has gotten better. Is she great? No. But she suffices IMO. And she has this delicate, wallflower quality about her that makes it easy for me to believe she would fall prey to a guy like Shiloh.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Are you serious? The PC police has gone way too far. Are adults soon going to be forced to invite everyone from their job to their birthday parties?

Kids need to understand from an early age that not everyone is going to like you or invite you places. That's life.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

easy for me to believe she would fall prey to a guy like Shiloh.

See, this is the part of the story that I don't understand.  I get how she fell for it the first time, especially if she was lost and trying to find herself like Kristina is.  But why does she think she'll fall for it again?  She seemed so scared of him when he showed up at the school, like she was falling for whatever line he was feeding her.  I get falling for it the first time, but after that, you know what he's capable of.  Are they saying that she can't control herself and that she'll fall for his schtick the second time around?  

3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

See, this is the part of the story that I don't understand.  I get how she fell for it the first time, especially if she was lost and trying to find herself like Kristina is.  But why does she think she'll fall for it again?  She seemed so scared of him when he showed up at the school, like she was falling for whatever line he was feeding her.  I get falling for it the first time, but after that, you know what he's capable of.  Are they saying that she can't control herself and that she'll fall for his schtick the second time around?  

She said she doesn't trust herself around him because she knows how manipulative and persuasive he is. He told Chase that he planned to get Willow back on the DOD train, so Willow has cause to not want to be in his presence.  Furthermore, she doesn't want Shiloh to know that he has a son.

However, I do agree that the scene in the classroom was overplayed. As far as we know, Shiloh has never been physically abusive to any of his followers, so I don't get why Willow was trembling like a battered wife.

6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I get falling for it the first time, but after that, you know what he's capable of.  Are they saying that she can't control herself and that she'll fall for his schtick the second time around?  

Willow told Chase how good Shiloh was at getting people to spill their most personal secrets, and she was afraid Shiloh would use what she'd told him to basically blackmail her into returning to DoD. 

• Love 1