Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

As much as I hate Kiki and her lying to Michael again, Rosalie's not the one to judge her for it. Given all the secrets she's kept and all the lies she's told on Nina's behalf, Rosalie's putting Kiki on blast for lying is hypocritical. While I agree that Kiki should have told Franco the truth about Sonny and Carly, the ones who are ultimately to blame for this mess are Sonny, Carly and Franco. Had either of those giant turd blossoms given any semblance of a shit about right and wrong, this fuckery would have been over months ago.

You can be right and still be a hypocrite. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Lauren constantly butts in to situations she knows nothing about and has no business being in. I'm all for anyone pointing out how awful she is.

Yeah. And unlike Kiki, Rosalie doesn't care about either about Michael or Morgan, let alone love, so at least it's understandable on her part. When Kiki said she couldn't believe that Rosalie just had to tell Michael even though she barely knew him, I was ready for her to be struck by lightning. Ugh this is all my fault for saying she and Morgan did have some chemistry lol. I take it back! She is awful and I want her gone dammit. Sigh.

Okay I'll stand on my Sonny soapbox for a second, b/c I don't hate him and actually kind of like him(not love like). I realize from watching a few small older clips that he is different now than he was and I know if I had to watch him for all those years I'd probably hate him too, but I haven't so I do feel there are plenty of viewers who don't hate Sonny. In the time I've watched he hasn't done anything worse than several other characters and several characters have been angry and upset at him. So to me he isn't WAY worse than a lot of villians in PC, and all the villians seem to have some family who loves them even though they are evil so I don't begrudge Sonny the same.

I will also point out be careful what you wish for. On Y&R we long lamented that Victor Newman never went to prison for his crimes, when TIIC did finally send him to prison he ended up in this glass "throne room" as we liked to call it and other character's took turns visiting him. Let me tell you I'd rather he have been roaming free. I suspect if Sonny went to prison then we'd see more of the prison than homes or GH so I don't relish THAT any more than him roaming free.

*step off soapbox, hide from tomatoes*

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

Rosalie has a personality and a job. She also has not been married to a Corinthos.

Compared to Lauren, she's marriage material. Lock that down, Mikey. I'm positive AJ would approve.

LOL, yes he would approve indeed.  I still can't figure out what Michael even sees in Kiki because there isn't a single quality about her that I can name that is a positive.  She has no job, she has no problem mooching off of him, she butts into his business left and right, she sides with his rapist over him, and she lies to his face every chance she gets.  Rosalie is a liar too, but she isn't pretending that she's a gift from God.  If she can get Michael away from Kiki AND reveal that Kiki is a lying liar who lies, then I'll be thrilled.

Sorry, folks, but I like Sonny.  Been watching since the 1970s, and yes, Sonny can be a pain in the ass, but I am really enjoying him lately.  I like that RC had Sonny actually shoot and kill AJ (although I also HATE RC for killing off AJ in the first place) because it's not something Guza would ever have allowed, and I can't wait until Michael finds out.  I also love how much he feels Kiki is such an insignificant human being.  That alone makes me really like him.

• Love 1

I will also point out be careful what you wish for. On Y&R we long lamented that Victor Newman never went to prison for his crimes, when TIIC did finally send him to prison he ended up in this glass "throne room" as we liked to call it and other character's took turns visiting him. Let me tell you I'd rather he have been roaming free. I suspect if Sonny went to prison then we'd see more of the prison than homes or GH so I don't relish THAT any more than him roaming free.

No tomatoes from me, Cattitude, although I loathe Sonny even more than Victor - (though not as much as Ryass Lavery from the late, lamented AMC.  He was the worst).  I remember that period with Victor in his throne room and you're right, it was pretty dreadful.  And again, you're right, Sonny would be holding court as well.

I wish, however, they'd take a page from another soap and bury him alive under a park bench, and every now and then lower the essentials he'd need to maintain life down to him through a tube - stuff like Coppertone, olive oil, some broken barware and a recording of Olivia singing That's Amore with Snarly moaning backup.  They could play it constantly until he went out of his tiny little mind.  I really don't think that's too much to ask.  That's a Sonny Corinthos story I could really get behind!  And when he sputtered out his last breath, he could finally be put to good use.

Corinthos Compost - nothing makes your roses bloom better!

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

I want Sonny to lose everything. 

1. He should become impotent and everyone find out.  During the course of an FBI electronic surveillance operation the agents overhear Carly reassuring Sonny "it happens to every man...your are just really tired and stressed....let's just cuddle". 
  2. Sonny losses all his money and has to live above Kelly's and has to work in the diner to pay rent.
  3. Sonny losses all his power and Milo and Max take over his territory.  '
  4. Sonny can;t afford his medication.  He goes to the Metrocourt to beg Carly to give him another chance.  She makes fun of his lack of money, power, and his lack of "manhood" .  As Carly calls for security, Sonny begins throwing every piece of barware in the dinning room.  He then begins to confess all of his crimes.  The confession is recorded on the numerous cellphones of the diners in the restaurant.
  5. Sonny is arrested and convicted.  He is unable to produce one character witness.  None of his children will testify on his behalf.
  6. The last shot of Sonny needs to be of him melting down because he can not deal with his claustrophobia that his tiny cell has triggered.  He screams        " you can't keep me here I'm Sonny Corinthos.  Mommy, Deke  please let me out of the closet...I'll be good this time I promise".
Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 11

So to me he isn't WAY worse than a lot of villians in PC, and all the villians seem to have some family who loves them even though they are evil so I don't begrudge Sonny the same.

Given the way Sonny acquired Michael, and what he did to Michael's father, I very much begrudge him that!

• Love 3

I totally begrudge Sonny for everything, even global warming, the economy, and the cancelation of Don't Trust the B in Apt 23. And many other things. He has with no fucks given: (and I'm giving a quick run down so I dont get a stroke)

- used Karen's molestation against her, got her hooked on pills, got her convinced that stripping would help her. When she tried to leave, he said she liked being molested.

- shot his one twoo wuv Brenda

- shot Carly in the head while she gave birth to Morgan

- slept with Olivia before his recently dead fiancé was cold in the ground

- was a teenage mobster

- shot his first born in the chest

- manhandled Stone, a teenager, to learn Karen's whereabouts when she left him

- shot Robin in her house

- got his daughter blown up

- got Sam to kill her own child to save Kristina

-ended a treaty with Papa Z, which ended Micheal's prison protection and then Micheal got raped

- got in a mob war that got his pregnant wife blown up

- threatened a pregnant woman

- threatened another pregnant woman

- banged his son's gf on his other son's bio dad's grave

-killed his son's bio dad in cold blood

- kidnapped his fiancée after she dumped him

-hung AJ on a meat hook, making him sign away his parental rights

- forced his sister's mom to strip and degraded her

Do I have to go on?

Sonny needs to pay.

• Love 11

movingtargetgal, I need Carly to lose too. I need her to lose that hotel (for good) and earn at least the contempt of her children. I am taking the rest of my rant to the history thread. She deserves more than a slap from Monica.

Ambrosefolly, I could not agree more.  Please forgive me and let me assure you that I am a long time member of the NULOCH: (No Upper Limit On Carly Hate) club.   

• Love 1

There is more,

He held Johnny Z in his warehouse because he thought that Johnny Z kidnapped MyKill, after MyKill shot Kate Howard.

He set up Johnny Z to come after him, so that he could shoot Johnny Z and claim self defense.

He killed Karpov because he thought that Karpov was responsible for shooting Kate on their wedding day.

He had Jax's plane tampered which forced Jax to crash into the lake.

He knocked Dante out while trying to get to Jax and kill him.

He seduced Claire and which led to Claire losing her career as an US prosecutor.

He really didn't give a damm about Jason while Jason and Sam were being menanced  by Franco. He was more concerned that it inconvenieced Sonny.

When there was gunfire in his warehouse, he saved Kate allowing Michael to be shot.

Last go around, he treated Brenda, the so-called love of his life like crap.

He really didn't give a fuck about two of his children, Morgan and Kristina.

If we add these lists together, we get a portrait of a man who does not deserve to live.

• Love 5

Don't forget Sonny is allowing Carlos to languish in prison for his crime, while he, the big bad not afraid of anything or anyone "man," is hiding behind Michael's fragile feelings as a reason to not 'fess up, when it's really all about his not wanting to go to prison and lose said son, etc.

• Love 1

Carlos is a career hitman, I really don't care all that much about his freedom. But Sonny needs to go down for what he did to A.J., definitely. After Franco is wiped off the face of the earth.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

That Sonny committed numerous crimes for which he deserves to go to prison, or even die, is without saying, any of us could list hundreds of them. That Sonny in Jail would result in far too many jail houses scenes goes without saying, and truthfully that would be worse. And to think that Sonny is going to dissappear from the show is wishful thinking,  The actor is well liked by TPTB and the character does have a following, even if it is not on this board.

That being said it goes back to a writer who can redeem Sonny, make him pay for his crimes and do so in such a way that he is not removed from the screen but changed fundamentally as a character. Can it be done? I think it can. Will it be done? Not under Ron.

If the AJ reveal ends with prison time for Sonny what we will have is the Victor Throne Room  If Sony loses his mind and ends up in Miscavage what we will get is Sonny saving Danny from yet another Heather plot. Neither of these is a redemption arch.

The fact is Ron does not have enough talent to write an effective redemption arch for Sonny. Perhaps TIIC could be persuaded to bring in a skilled writer and have them write the Sonny Arch and allow Ron to go on and play with his Soapdish format for the rest of the show. Short of that we are stuck with Sonny as he is until MB packs it up and rides off into the sunset.

As I said, before if Ron thinks I am wrong that he does have the talent then prove it. We know he trolls here, he doesn't even have to write it for the show, just put it on here and disappear again.  But that will never happen because deep down inside he knows the truth

- shot his one twoo wuv Brenda

Did he actually shoot her? His behavior to her after he found the wire was certainly disgusting, though.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

NGL I enjoy Sonny a lot of the time. He's just so stupid. I love watching MB act terribly. And then every once in awhile, he'll kill a scene as well.

That being said, he really needs to pay and pay hard for the shit he's done. But he never will. And I don't believe MB is good enough at this time to pull it off anyway.

• Love 2

No, Sonny never shot Brenda.

I'm enjoying Sonny a lot more than I have in years. Don't get me wrong. I don't actually really LIKE him, himself. But he moves plot along for the other characters and I enjoy it when other people treat him like the moron/piece of crap he is. And I am interested in this plot with Carly and Franco. 

• Love 4

What I find entertaining about it, seriously,  is that Sonny has zero fucks to give about Franco and Kiki.  It doesn't even care enough to mildly dislike them; he just doesn't care about them at all.

• Love 4

Exactly! It's so amusing. He looks at Kiki like she's so insignificant. LOL!

I also loved his response to Franco's birthday. "A day of mourning." I laughed so hard. Made even funnier by him totally forgetting it was also Jason's birthday. I could watch those scenes on a loop.

• Love 3
What I find entertaining about it, seriously,  is that Sonny has zero fucks to give about Franco and Kiki.  It doesn't even care enough to mildly dislike them; he just doesn't care about them at all.

Which should come back to bite Sonny in the ass.  He should care a a little bit that Franco could expose him to Michael.  His arrogance should destroy him in this.

• Love 1

. . .  while Sonny definitely (definitely) needs to pay for all the shit he has done, I don't want  his dow fall to come at the hands of Franco and/or Kiki.   I'd rather see Felix destroy Sonny over those two.  

No, Sonny's destruction needs to come at the hand of Monica, Scotty, Jax, Brenda, or even Jasus avenging his brother.   

I didn't want Franco to be the one to expose Sonny when they were still on the "Canco is the purest romance in all of General Hospital High School" tack, but now that Franco looks like he's on the train to crazytown again, I'm more okay with it now.

• Love 5

I kinda want he and Nina to get in a knife fight so he can get a scar. Then, when his craziness grows, he'll ditch the designer Carly Pretty Woman gear and wear beanies and a coat and cargos. Maybe his hair might get shaggy. He might spend time in the elements. I'm ready for some crazy Roger Howarth. He can do suits and scruff. Just not farmer. Bonus points if there is a rain storm. Everyone knows Todd Manning powers are activated by rain. It's like Power Rangers or something. But you can't control it.

I've been waiting 2 years for this. I demand a proper Roger Howarth owning of Maurice.

• Love 11

No writer past or present could ever write a redemption story for Scummy that would make me happy, unless they put a few*many* bullets in his head. Sonny is done stick a fork in him./A very large barbeque fork. Get one ready for tiic also.

• Love 4

Rosalie has a personality and a job. She also has not been married to a Corinthos.

Compared to Lauren, she's marriage material. Lock that down, Mikey, I'm positive AJ would approve.

I'm not. Given how he was victimized by Ava, Courtney and especially Carly, if AJ were still alive, I believe that the last thing he would want for Michael is to be stuck with a lying bitch who could ruin his life. While that could apply to Kiki, it can also apply to Rosalie, whose only personality trait I've seen is "snotty hypocrite" and whose only job is enabling Nina and her crazy. Since Rosalie hasn't even tried to stop Nina, then IMO she's just as bad. If Rosalie's going to be calling other people out on their shit, then someone needs to call her out on hers, otherwise she can have more seats than the Superdome, as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 3

Oh my God. I love you for mentioning the Superdome. But considering that Lauren is the daughter of the woman who framed him and a Franco cheerleader, I can see AJ saying pick the hot nurse over the liar.

Besides, I don't think there's any stopping Nina that wouldn't involve her shanking you. She seems to be very not sane.

• Love 2

if AJ were still alive, I believe that the last thing he would want for Michael is to be stuck with a lying bitch who could ruin his life. While that could apply to Kiki, it can also apply to Rosalie

It most definately does apply to Kiki and while Rosalie is concealing the truth about Nina she isn't really lying b/c no one has asked her the truth. Rosalie and Nina actually did something most people in PC don't. They helped Franco and Michael learn the truth. Both Rosalie and Nina cared enough about Franco and Michael to tell them the truth. I think Rosalie cares about Nina and that is why she is keeping her secrets and helping her, while Kiki supposedly cares about Michael and thinks keeping the truth from him is loving. While Rosalie is no saint, I'd much rather have her on my team than Kiki so Michael is 10329475 times better off with Rosalie than Kiki, who supposedly loves Michael and Franco but is treating them both no better than Sonny and Carly do.

In PC it isn't so much keeping secrets b/c almost everyone does, it is who you keep the secrets from, someone you "supposedly" love or someone who is your enemy.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

A lie of omission is still a lie.

I just don't see Rosalie not voluntarly telling Silas Nina can walk being in the same league as Kiki or Patrick both being straight up asked what their secret is and bold facing lying to someone's face.

Not voluntarily telling something is withholding the truth but telling someone not the truth straight up to their face is lying.

• Love 3

Word. Lauren could have said "Yes, Micheal. I know your fake daddy banged your mom and I really don't want to you to get involved with Franco." Micheal would probably, i dont know, mind his own business. And Silas has chosen to just drink himself dumb. So therefore, he's kind of whatever. There were signs his wife is well not very sane, but he chose to sleep with Ava, date Sam after Nina returned, move Nina in, etc etc. Like the list of Silas' s bad choices is so long it's ridiculous. Would he believe Rosalie if she told him? No.

• Love 1

I'd call that rationalizing a lie of omission  but YMMV.

All I can do is go by my own personal experience(which I may wrongly generalize to others). I often times don't tell someone something I know and feel a little bad about it, but if that person straight up asked me to my face and I didn't tell them the truth I'd feel 10X worse. So that is why I think keeping something you know to yourself isn't as bad as not telling when straight up asked about it.

• Love 2

- got Sam to kill her own child to save Kristina

Sonny and Alexis asked Sam to induce labor 2 weeks earlier so that they could use her stem cells to save a dying Kristina. Sam refused because she believe that it would hurt the baby. While arguing with Alexis, Sam went into labor and her child was stillborn. Sam ended up blaming Alexis for the stillborn child. Which was stupid because Sam is stupid.

• Love 2

Sonny and Alexis asked Sam to induce labor 2 weeks earlier so that they could use her stem cells to save a dying Kristina. Sam refused because she believe that it would hurt the baby. While arguing with Alexis, Sam went into labor and her child was stillborn. Sam ended up blaming Alexis for the stillborn child. Which was stupid because Sam is stupid.

And tall curly-haired Steven Lars said it would have happened regardless. So, meh.

• Love 2

And can we call Patrick Douchelord Drake? Please.

Put this as show law!

*de-lurks*

I've called Patrick "Doctor Douchenozzle" for ages, and I feel all vindicated that everything I said about him when he was banging Sabrina has proven to be true, only now he's doing it to Sam. Stay klassy, Patprick.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 7

I kinda want he and Nina to get in a knife fight so he can get a scar. Then, when his craziness grows, he'll ditch the designer Carly Pretty Woman gear and wear beanies and a coat and cargos. Maybe his hair might get shaggy. He might spend time in the elements. I'm ready for some crazy Roger Howarth. He can do suits and scruff. Just not farmer. Bonus points if there is a rain storm. Everyone knows Todd Manning powers are activated by rain. It's like Power Rangers or something. But you can't control it.

I've been waiting 2 years for this. I demand a proper Roger Howarth owning of Maurice.

I'd pay to see that. 

• Love 5

*de-lurks*

I've called Patrick "Doctor Douchenozzle" for ages, and I feel all vindicated that everything I said about him when he was banging Sabrina has proven to be true, only now he's doing it to Sam. Stay klassy, Patprick.

When it comes to Robin, Dr. Douchenozzle is so far past the redemption point. All I want now is for the girl to realize he's an asshat and leave town. Why can't this be her exit story, dammit!?!? She's been living in the shits since LISA! SINCE.LISA.

• Love 9

Is the Friday show worth skimming if I could be watching the new cop shows online instead?

I saw the pro-Jordan posts. I took a week on the barge and am skimming here to make sure i didn't miss much. We spent the time very nicely binge rewatching Haven on Netflix.

That told me why, even though Jordan is the best dressed woman on the show, one of the top three best looking women on the show, and (stupid covert meetings with Anna aside) one of the smarter characters currently, I hate her.

The same actress played the wife of a major character on Haven, and she was a complete snake backstabber. Worse, she used Jordan's current half smile as the Haven character's smirk as she screwed people. I had forgotten why I disliked her, now I know.

As an aside, if you like your soaps sci-fi/urban fantasy, I would watch Haven.

• Love 2
The same actress played the wife of a major character on Haven, and she was a complete snake backstabber. Worse, she used Jordan's current half smile as the Haven character's smirk as she screwed people. I had forgotten why I disliked her, now I know.

Hee,  she did do Haven's Duke (my favorite character on that show by the way) wrong but I still like her. Now, if she went back to Haven, I'd want Eric Balfour/Duke to kill her with one of his new unknown troubles. I enjoyed Eric Balfour on 6 Feet Under, too. 

In PC it isn't so much keeping secrets b/c almost everyone does, it is who you keep the secrets from, someone you "supposedly" love or someone who is your enemy.

Yes, the much used, " I could have dealt with/gotten over what you did, but I can't get over the fact that you LIED. TO. ME!!!". I think this is what they will use to fuel Micheal's anger at Carly & Kaka. He better hate Sonny for killing AJ in addition to the lie.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

Okay I'll stand on my Sonny soapbox for a second, b/c I don't hate him and actually kind of like him(not love like). I realize from watching a few small older clips that he is different now than he was and I know if I had to watch him for all those years I'd probably hate him too, but I haven't so I do feel there are plenty of viewers who don't hate Sonny. In the time I've watched he hasn't done anything worse than several other characters and several characters have been angry and upset at him. So to me he isn't WAY worse than a lot of villians in PC, and all the villians seem to have some family who loves them even though they are evil so I don't begrudge Sonny the same.

Sorry, folks, but I like Sonny.  Been watching since the 1970s, and yes, Sonny can be a pain in the ass, but I am really enjoying him lately.  I like that RC had Sonny actually shoot and kill AJ (although I also HATE RC for killing off AJ in the first place) because it's not something Guza would ever have allowed, and I can't wait until Michael finds out.  I also love how much he feels Kiki is such an insignificant human being.  That alone makes me really like him.

Taking my response to the Sonny thread...

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

What I find entertaining about it, seriously,  is that Sonny has zero fucks to give about Franco and Kiki.  It doesn't even care enough to mildly dislike them; he just doesn't care about them at all.

Exactly! It's so amusing. He looks at Kiki like she's so insignificant. LOL!

I also loved his response to Franco's birthday. "A day of mourning." I laughed so hard. Made even funnier by him totally forgetting it was also Jason's birthday. I could watch those scenes on a loop.

Same here.  I know it's going to come back to bite Sonny in the ass, but I LOVE how he considers both Franco and Kiki as utter useless characters.  For that alone, I love his scenes when he's either talking about Franco or dismissing Kiki.  I.love.it.

That better not happen.  RH is a newbie to GH, and he doesn't get to own GH vet characters.  His Franco is the guy who got Michael raped, assaulted Sam, stalked Josslyn, almost blew up Sam and Lulu, and terrorized the rest of the town.  As bad as Sonny is, he doesn't deserve to be "owned" by the likes of Franco.  I want Sonny to ultimately put a bullet in his head on his way to the slammer.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3
That better not happen.  RH is a newbie to GH, and he doesn't get to own GH vet characters.  His Franco is the guy who got Michael raped, assaulted Sam, stalked Josslyn, almost blew up Sam and Lulu, and terrorized the rest of the town.  As bad as Sonny is, he doesn't deserve to be "owned" by the likes of Franco.  I want Sonny to ultimately put a bullet in his head on his way to the slammer.

Ah, Bishop, you sweet talker!

But seriously, I agree with all of this. I despise Sonny, but he is a GH character who, while despicable, has 20+ years of history. Roger Howarth has no such claim on this show. Franco is as much of a lowlife, bottom-feeding dirtbag himself with all that you listed that he has no leg to stand on to cast stones at anyone, not even Sonny.

Frankly, both of these characters should be dead, at most, or in prison, at least. But MB/Sonny has the edge due to longevity.

• Love 4

I mean, Todd is Todd, I love Todd, but Todd is gone from this show. My love for Roger Howarth's past work has no relevance to the current situation.

I enjoyed Todd on OLTL and GH, I thought Roger was lame on ATWT and I think he's far, far worse as Franco. He's done his best with it (sometimes) but it's unwatchable and so is he. No amount of goodwill I have for Todd Manning has anything to do with Franco or GH at this point. At this point I do not care about Roger Howarth getting more to work with on this show and I will never care. I do not care about Franco. Even on Sonny's worst day, this character played by this actor could never have any call to lord it over him. It would mean less than nothing to me.

If Franco exposes Sonny, that'll be a bit entertaining - they'll x each other out a little. But am I going to root for Franco just because Roger Howarth is on the show and Sonny is Sonny? Not a chance in hell. I would kill Franco a thousand times before worrying about Sonny.

• Love 11