Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 12/16/2017 at 8:47 PM, dubbel zout said:

I disagree: Monica, Michael, and Diane are also thrilled he's returned.

Too bad JE is retired; I'd have LOVED to see Tracy's reaction to Jason Burton back in Port Charles.

Monica is forced to always side with Jason since her other son was killed by Sonny.  She regrets that Jason thinks the family pushed too hard, making him take up with Sonny and therefore inflicting Sonny on the town.  Micheal likes whatever everyone else likes because he lost his free will a dead girlfriend or so ago.   Diane just wants money.   Criminal Jason is probably her salary.

• Love 6

Why was Julian being so smug with Griffin? Julian is trash so I don't expect him to feel any remorse over having Duke killed, but he could be less, "well, if you want to keep banging my sister, you'll just have to accept meeeee" about it.

I really like that Jason and Drew are accepting each other and not being territorial about Sam, but then I'm a sucker for any kind of friendship or non-romantic functioning family relationship on this show because it's just so rare.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Don't know if it's an American thing, so as a Canadian I apologize if it is, but do people generally walk around with large dossier/files with their loved ones medical records?  Is there some database where you can anyone's ECG results or lab test results or history of that surgery they had when they nine or whether they had a non cancerous mole removed when they were twenty six.  Is that a thing?

Maybe. Almost all records are electronic now, but I take care of a relative and I keep a file of all her records and test results. I ask for a printed copy of the most recent stuff every time I take her to the doctor so that I have it at hand in case of an emergency. I would think most people do the same thing with their kids' medical records. Of course, there's no reason Liesl would have Victor's records or be able to get her hands on them now since they're not related. I assume she just faked up a big pile of records to give to Nathan so that she doesn't have to tell him his father is really Faison or The Forest King or whoever.

• Love 6
On 12/18/2017 at 4:35 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Anna shouldn't be giving either Jason or Mooby the time of day. She can say she understands the place both have in Robin's life, but that's IT. As someone who's been a double agent, and thus not completely good, she won't come off as a hypocrite, because, well, she's been there, and she, at least, changed her ways. If that makes any sense. It makes sense in my head. And I'm oh so grateful Robert continues to think of Mooby as a thug.

I think anything that's connected to potential Faison interference is going to get her over to whoever called her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

kitten abuse! That's what this show has come down to....kitten abuse! Can we report it to the Humane Society and get better writers? ;)

I'll file the complaint! William is a Siamese and he doesn't appreciate having his sleep interrupted and, I might add, he intentionally naps when TFGH is on so there's probably emotional damage too. Class action lawsuit for kitty abuse and mental cruelty, we'll forego a financial reward for better writers. Sounds good to me! lol

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Why was Julian being so smug with Griffin? Julian is trash so I don't expect him to feel any remorse over having Duke killed, but he could be less, "well, if you want to keep banging my sister, you'll just have to accept meeeee" about it.

I'm sort of Team Julian here. Griffin shouldn't have asked Ava to choose between him and her brother. Ava explained the situation to Julian, and he promised to make himself scarce. Because this is a soap that means the three of them will be together all the time, of course. But as long as Ava and Julian make the effort to keep their relationship separate from Ava and Griffin's, Griffin needs to shut up. Or break up with Ava, because it's his problem, not hers.

22 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I really like that Jason and Drew are accepting each other and not being territorial about Sam, but then I'm a sucker for any kind of friendship or non-romantic functioning family relationship on this show because it's just so rare.

I know, right? I wonder if it will last, or will Carly harangue everyone enough to cause problems?

24 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

she doesn't have to tell him his father is really Faison or The Forest King or whoever.

I really hope Nathan's father is some gas station attendant Liesl had a ONS with the night she got totally hammered after taking her board exams. Now Liesl is so embarrassed about it she's pretending Victor is his father.

17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I never seen this pub before so has it been around before now?

It showed up for the first time on Thursday, I believe. Today we heard from Stella that it's the place to hang in the Charles St. neighborhood, so we'll probably see more of it as that story ramps up. And Julian buying it probably means he's in cahoots with the evil developers who are trying to force out all those good, hard-working, diverse people who live there. Or he'll be blamed somehow even if he's not, since he's taken over AJ's mantle as the town goat.

• Love 10

I have to admit that I was really moved by the Jason-centered storyline today. And the way Billy and Kelly were crying and stepping over each other's lines was really authentic, but I couldn't help feeling like I was eavesdropping on the actors, not the characters.

That being said, I cracked up at the earlier scene: "So, you see Danny, there was a mixup! Daddy is your uncle and Mommy's friend is your Daddy. Does that make sense?" She literally said that. Yes, Sam, I'm sure that 30-second explanation covered everything and there will be no further questions.  

• Love 17

Sam and Drew really brought the romance to GH today and it was wonderful.  It was good old fashion "love in the afternoon" moment.  Writers can we please have more of this with all of the couples (except Sonny and Carly, we have had enough of those two) on the show?

• Love 18
43 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Why was Julian being so smug with Griffin? J

Especially since I thought he and Ava had had a conversation about Griffin and Julian agreed to make himself scarce when G was around.  

43 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I ask for a printed copy of the most recent stuff every time

That's interesting, because here, you have to pay for any medical record that you want.  I had an MRI done on my leg when I snapped the tendon, they sent it to the emerg clinic that I had gone to, and I wanted it to take to my regular GP and they wanted to charge me.  I fought it, so they gave it to me, but yeah, that's interesting.  

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Griffin shouldn't have asked Ava to choose between him and her brother.

Did he?  I thought she volunteered to keep the two men apart because she can't give up on her brother and she didn't want to lose Griffin.  I hated Duke with the heat of a thousand suns and I think it's stupid that Griffin mourns him when he's never met him, but at the same time, I woulnd't want to be in the same room as the man who killed my father/loved one/pet.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I cracked up at the earlier scene: "So, you see Danny, there was a mixup! Daddy is your uncle and Mommy's friend is your Daddy. Does that make sense?" She literally said that

I;m sure the kid was thinking "daddy schmaddy, I have a dog at Grandma's house" !!

• Love 18
34 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sam and Drew really brought the romance to GH today and it was wonderful.  It was good old fashion "love in the afternoon" moment.  Writers can we please have more of this with all of the couples (except Sonny and Carly, we have had enough of those two) on the show?

I even got something in my eyes during Drew's last two scenes.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Girl, all Sam relationships are the same.

I am going to come out of the closet in favor of Carly and her portrayer Laura Wright. After watching Sam emote the same in all her relationships, having an actress who cries, screams, rants, laughs , snarks, well I prefer it. I find her one of the most interesting characters to watch. I like watching her deal with Jocelyn , as a young teenage girl. I like her conniving. Next to Ana Devane she gives the most character on the show. Sam is usually the same teary eyes, wispy  character ( and I have nothing against the actress) when it comes to the men in her life. I like her when she is scrappy and investigating something. Fire away !!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think I'm actually going to watch it again, and I NEVER do that.   It was just awesome. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't know, who's called her small and mighty before? That feels like a BM thing.

Using those exact words? No. But it's the same theme.

14 minutes ago, missyb said:

I am going to come out of the closet in favor of Carly and her portrayer Laura Wright. After watching Sam emote the same in all her relationships, having an actress who cries, screams, rants, laughs , snarks, well I prefer it. I find her one of the most interesting characters to watch. I like watching her deal with Jocelyn , as a young teenage girl. I like her conniving. Next to Ana Devane she gives the most character on the show. Sam is usually the same teary eyes, wispy  character ( and I have nothing against the actress) when it comes to the men in her life. I like her when she is scrappy and investigating something. Fire away !!

Oh, I'm not a Carly fan, but ITA. KeMo portrays Sam the same way in all relationships. I honestly couldn't distinguish which character she would be talking to if someone blocked out the male's body in various scenes. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I thought he and Ava had had a conversation about Griffin and Julian agreed to make himself scarce when G was around. 

They did, but didn't they run into each other at the gallery? There's no way Julian could have known Griffin was also there. I think the agreement was more along the lines that Griffin wouldn't have to have family dinners that included Julian, that sort of thing. Julian would not be invited to share Ava's relationship with Griffin. Griffin is being unrealistic if he thinks he'll never see Julian again just because Ava said they wouldn't do stuff together. They're going to run into each other. They all frequent the same spots.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Griffin shouldn't have asked Ava to choose between him and her brother.

Did he?  I thought she volunteered to keep the two men apart because she can't give up on her brother and she didn't want to lose Griffin.  I hated Duke with the heat of a thousand suns and I think it's stupid that Griffin mourns him when he's never met him, but at the same time, I woulnd't want to be in the same room as the man who killed my father/loved one/pet.  

Not in so many words, but it was clearly implied that if Ava doesn't keep Julian away (as if that's Ava's responsibility!), she and Griffin are dunzo. Like I said, this is all Griffin's problem, but somehow Ava has to play traffic cop and make sure no one runs into someone he shouldn't.

• Love 3

Did the show decide that since Drew has Oscar now (such a prize that one...) Jason could just show up and Danny would immediately be all in for Daddy Jason who looks like the pictures in Grandma's house, so bring it in and give me a hug man who I only know from photos because suddenly you are what's been missing in my very short life.

Daddy Drew who? Mr. Mumbles over there? I always knew he wasn't my real dad anyway, Uncle Sonny told me so!

That's the vibe that I got from their scenes, anyway.

I can tell the show wants me, very much, to care about Drew's struggle and Jason's man-pain and Sam's need to buy stock in Kleenex but I don't. 

Maybe if they had bothered to actually put some time and effort into explaining all this nonsense with Drew being Jason's twin and Jason being held by some Russians, ,maybe, and to top it all off they made Sonny and Carly right about EVERYTHING and that will always just get a big fat "hell no" from me.

I am not sure what they are doing with Julian now, I always knew he'd be ruined in favor of Sonny as all such characters have been scarified at the holy mini alter of the moobster that is Sonny.

But I just have to say this, whatever Julian has done, and half of it I don't know because I tuned out a long while back, and even still, unless he somehow was guilty of shooting an unarmed A.J. in the chest during a moment of total cowardliness and soulless, unforgivable selfishness, and then got a pass for it because he managed to rescue some rich girl from a boat bomb? Nah, show, Sonny is still the first mob moron that should be rotting in prison right now.

He should not be strutting around PC still like a proud peacock, he should be shunned, despised, and rotten vegetation would be thrown at him at every turn.

How many times can a character be responsible for firing a bullet into someone, either nearly killing them if not out rightly killing them,  and get let off the hook for it? Wait, don't answer that.

So they gave T.J. a grandma but that young, talented, kid who played the actual character is apparently nowhere to be seen. Great. Makes total sense.

Detective Driftwood still answers the door half naked, some things never change I guess.

I guess by the stocking hung over the fireplace? Maxie actually remembers she has a kid already. I guess that's a step in the right direction towards mothering her eventually/maybe/highly doubtful.

• Love 3

Danny's scenes are played that way...the cutesy thing because that little kid cannot handle anything else.  That's why "dog" is inserted into his dialogue in every scene.   They aren't going the Jake route because the kid is just not good on screen.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Danny's scenes are played that way...the cutesy thing because that little kid cannot handle anything else.  That's why "dog" is inserted into his dialogue in every scene.   They aren't going the Jake route because the kid is just not good on screen.

I could tell that the little guy is...limited, let's say. I think the only kid actor, male or female, left on the show that I would actually label as an "actor" and not just some random kid they snatched off the street and threw money at their parents, would be the little boy who plays Jake.

But that aside, I still got the impression that they wanted one of Jason's sons to "react" to him like that because it adds to the plot.

Danny acted more along the lines of a child greeting his father who'd been away on a business trip, and of course it tore Drew's heart out of his chest to watch the child he'd raised for so long suddenly turn to his biological father and cling to him like a drowning victim, it was just a way to drum up more dhrama.

Imho, there is no valid reason for any of his children to suddenly want a "snuggle from Daddy" right out of the gate, considering JaDrew is the only Daddy (I choose to be generous considering the situation of Jake's childhood littered with paternal musical chairs) the boys have had for any extended period of time, especially Danny.

Frankly all the kids should take one look at Jason and run screaming from the room because they think he's a ghost come back from the dead to haunt them.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

I didn't take the scene with Danny that way. I took it as the kid is only six (or whatever age the show is claiming he is) and most of the stuff went over his head. And so while Jake and Oscar are both old enough to be all angsty over the whole thing, Danny is just like, "oh okay, cool. Can I go play cars now?"

Which is exactly what he asked Drew and Sam after Jason left and they both had a somewhat relieved laugh. Danny is simply too young to grasp the whole thing, so in his mind he probably just figured he has two daddies now and whatever. I didn't see it as a sudden mad love for Jason and rejection of Drew.

What I did roll my eyes at was Danny having to be the one to tell Jason he could give him a hug. I literally went "the hell", when Jason asked if Danny wanted to shake hands. Like he's your son for crying out loud.

And I know for years the show played it like Jason was doing the "noble" thing walking away from Jake and making Lucky raise him as his own and he's supposedly being "noble" again, not wanting to disrupt Sam's life. But I call bullshit and instead feel that it's high time it's acknowledged that Jason is just a shitty father period. His most parental love was for Michael who wasn't even his and even then, as soon as Sonny and Carly got together and she acted like he was the great love of her life, he was all too happy to have Sonny become Michael's daddy.

Drew went to see Oscar the same damn day he found out the kid was his, even if he still has no clue who the hell he really is and is even more confused than Oscar himself. And yet Jason's just there being passive and absent but we're supposed to view it as some great nobility on his part. I too wish they wouldn't reunite Jason and Sam but we all know it'll happen.

Especially with the Steve Burton and Jason/Sam shippers screaming all over social media about how meant to be it all is. And while I do think Kelly and Steve are trying in their scenes, you can tell something is slightly off with their chemistry.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Why is BM adlibbing? Like, why. Why.

Isn't that what all the hip cats are doing nowadays on the show? Maybe it's all he can do or else he'll just start ranting and raving and saying bad words before he just starts sobbing and questioning his life choices.

Also there is a very good chance he forgot the line.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CPP83 said:

Isn't that what all the hip cats are doing nowadays on the show? Maybe it's all he can do or else he'll just start ranting and raving and saying bad words before he just starts sobbing and questioning his life choices.

Also there is a very good chance he forgot the line.

No, Frank is actually very strict about ad libbing for most of the cast. Exception I know of is RoHo.

• Love 4

I didn't take the scene with Danny that way. I took it as the kid is only six (or whatever age the show is claiming he is) and most of the stuff went over his head. And so while Jake and Oscar are both old enough to be all angsty over the whole thing, Danny is just like, "oh okay, cool. Can I go play cars now?"

Which is exactly what he asked Drew and San after Jason left and they both had a somewhat relief laugh. Danny is simply too young to grasp the whole thing, so in his mind he probably just figured he has two daddies now and whatever. I didn't see it as a sudden mad love for Jason and rejection of Drew.

What I did roll my eyes at was Danny having to be the one to tell Jason he could give him a hug. I literally went "the hell", when Jason asked if Danny wanted to shake hands. Like he's your son for crying out loud.

And I know for years the show played it like Jason was doing the "noble" thing walking away from Jake and making Lucky raise him as his own and he's supposedly being "noble" again, not wanting to disrupt Sam's life. But I call bullshit and instead feel that it's high time it's acknowledged that Jason is just a shitty father period. His most parental love was for Michael who wasn't even his and even then, as soon as Sonny and Carly got together and she acted like he was the great love of her life, he was all too happy to have Sonny become Michael's daddy.

Drew went to see Oscar the same damn day he found out the kid was his, even if he still has no clue who the hell he really is and is even more confused than Oscar himself. And yet Jason's just there bring passive and absent but we're supposed to view it as some great nobility in his part. I too wish they wouldn't reunite Jason and Sam but we all know it'll happen.

Especially with the Steve Burton and Jason/Sam shippers screaming all over social media about how meant to be if all is. I admit that Kelly and Steve are trying in their scenes but you can tell something is slightly off with their chemistry.

The main reason I took issue with the scene between Jason and Danny is the same reason why I often take issue with any and all scenes that revolve around Jason: it's all about Jason.

That's what I saw in the whole set up. Jason got called "Other Daddy" by a kid who knows him from pictures, who thought he was merely "Mommy's friend" five seconds earlier, and then the kid prompts the sniffling robot to give him a hug to top it all off.

That scene, that moment, was all about portraying Jason as the long-suffering father, imho, and he is anything but.

Yes, he lost five years, and it was his own damn fault, his family and friends then got a replacement Jason that "claimed" his life, again because it was his own damn fault, and now he's so distraught realizing all that's he lost, because as always it was his own damn fault.

All I saw in that scene was an obvious attempt from the writers to, yet again, paint Jason as the one to feel sympathy and empathy for. Honestly the whole entire sequence got an eye-roll from me.

If Danny had hopped up after the revelation and asked to go play, ready to get away from all the weepy adults acting funny in a way he couldn't understand , now that would have worked for me.

Watching Danny give Jason the cold shoulder would have been rightly fitting considering A.J.

If this show ever wants me to feel a smidgen bit sorry for Jason Morgan having a rough time with his children, for whatever reason, then they'll have to figure out someway to rewind and reverse what he willingly did to his own brother.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

No, Frank is actually very strict about ad libbing for most of the cast. Exception I know of is RoHo.

Frank sounds like such a standup guy...and ah, no surprise he'd get the "teacher's pet" label over everyone else. If only having that permission actually seemed to help the black hole that is Franco out at all.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I actually liked that he didn't press the kid for a hug. I hate it when strange adults (who are family) demand affection from children who don't know them. It's not fair to put a child in that position.
Having said that, it makes send that Danny is laid-back about physical affection because the people that he's surrounded by are constantly affectionate with him. 

It will never not be weird that Sam and Jason's son is this relentlessly normal. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

The scenes at Drew/Sam's place only got bad for me when Jason and the kid left. Because Kelly Monaco...I just can't. She never finds the right zone, in my opinion, and maybe that's just me, like the acting equivalent of a food allergy that only affects certain people. She's always either under- or overacting. This was over-. And I'm "over" her weeping.  

Does it seem to anyone else that since Van Etten has been co-writing, there have been more historical nods? I don't mean extremely distant history that is storyline-dictated, I mean the show (and the characters, in dialogue) remembering things that aren't that long ago but had been completely dropped, like Jordan and Ava today, and Nina's "I...uh, wasn't following local politics back then" a few episodes back. I think CVE just has more of a sense of the value in a show's "Bible" than JP/SA had/have.  

I like that Aunt Stella hits it off so well with Alexis, because it doesn't feel contrived. If they had kept Stella completely marooned in the Curtis/Jordan wing of the show for a long time, and I were to guess which of the older female characters she'd be friends with, I'd guess Alexis ahead of Monica, Carly, Anna, Felicia, Laura, et cetera.  

On Kiki's screen time: She was on a lot when Kirsten Storms was having all her real-life difficulties, making Maxie go in and out. Now she's kind of been back-burnered, because one of her love interests is dead and the other one has been written off, and there's new Maxie drama going on. I don't worry about her, though. The actress is pretty and seems popular enough, and the character is connected to Franco, Ava and the rest of the Jerome set, and she has the hospital scenes. Her time will come around.

I would tentatively say "no," they aren't setting up a Griffin triangle with mother and daughter Jeromes. I think this is more about Griffin being nice and Ava being paranoid and insecure about the facial scars that she meticulously arranges her hair to show. That will probably come up in a week or two., tops. "You would prefer to be with my daughter, wouldn't you? Well, who can blame you? SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY SCARS!" Setting aside Kiki's other selling points relative to Ava, i.e., being a younger model who hasn't killed anyone that we know of, is in the same line of work as Griffin, and probably is a nicer person when it comes down to it. But I don't think he'll be legitimately interested in her.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no way Julian could have known Griffin was also there.

Granted.  But once he saw that Griffin was there, he could have told Ava he'd call her later and left.  Instead he got all up in Griffin's face, which was weird since Griffin is the one who should have a problem wtih Julian, not the other way around.  It was more antagonistic that Julian needed to be.  

10 hours ago, CPP83 said:

Did the show decide that since Drew has Oscar now

I don't think it was about Oscar but about Jake.  Jake's reaction was no way no how is Jason my father, I'm keeping Drew.  Whereas Danny was all, cool beans, where's my dog.  

So they gave T.J. a grandma

She's not even his grandmother, she's his great aunt.  And a giant busybody.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Perkie said:

Or where rain and snow can damage them.  

The writers don't care about any of that, they have to make sure it's Anna's fault that someone stole the Disco Ball of All Answers because if it was Sonny he would have known instinctively something was off because Sonny knows his disco balls from all that clubbing he did with Lois and/or Olivia back in the day.  Silly wimmins don't know nothin' about disco balls. Sorry, my Sonny hate got the best of me. But seriously, WTF Andre? You couldn't have given Anna a heads up about the stupid disco ball?

14 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Monica is forced to always side with Jason since her other son was killed by Sonny.  She regrets that Jason thinks the family pushed too hard, making him take up with Sonny and therefore inflicting Sonny on the town.  Micheal likes whatever everyone else likes because he lost his free will a dead girlfriend or so ago.   Diane just wants money.   Criminal Jason is probably her salary.

Isn't it long past time for Monica to grab Jason by the ear and give him a long overdue "stop being such a hypocritical douche to your Mother and by the way, your BBFs KILLED your brother AJ, what the fuck is wrong with you?" or something along those lines. I hate the way Monica is so grateful for any little breadcrumb Jason throws her way. 

Did the show decide that since Drew has Oscar now (such a prize that one...) Jason could just show up and Danny would immediately be all in for Daddy Jason who looks like the pictures in Grandma's house, so bring it in and give me a hug man who I only know from photos because suddenly you are what's been missing in my very short life.

Daddy Drew who? Mr. Mumbles over there? I always knew he wasn't my real dad anyway, Uncle Sonny told me so!

That's the vibe that I got from their scenes, anyway.

I can tell the show wants me, very much, to care about Drew's struggle and Jason's man-pain and Sam's need to buy stock in Kleenex but I don't. 

Maybe if they had bothered to actually put some time and effort into explaining all this nonsense with Drew being Jason's twin and Jason being held by some Russians, ,maybe, and to top it all off they made Sonny and Carly right about EVERYTHING and that will always just get a big fat "hell no" from me.

I am not sure what they are doing with Julian now, I always knew he'd be ruined in favor of Sonny as all such characters have been scarified at the holy mini alter of the moobster that is Sonny.

But I just have to say this, whatever Julian has done, and half of it I don't know because I tuned out a long while back, and even still, unless he somehow was guilty of shooting an unarmed A.J. in the chest during a moment of total cowardliness and soulless, unforgivable selfishness, and then got a pass for it because he managed to rescue some rich girl from a boat bomb? Nah, show, Sonny is still the first mob moron that should be rotting in prison right now.

He should not be strutting around PC still like a proud peacock, he should be shunned, despised, and rotten vegetation would be thrown at him at every turn.

How many times can a character be responsible for firing a bullet into someone, either nearly killing them if not out rightly killing them,  and get let off the hook for it? Wait, don't answer that.

So they gave T.J. a grandma but that young, talented, kid who played the actual character is apparently nowhere to be seen. Great. Makes total sense.

Detective Driftwood still answers the door half naked, some things never change I guess.

I guess by the stocking hung over the fireplace? Maxie actually remembers she has a kid already. I guess that's a step in the right direction towards mothering her eventually/maybe/highly doubtful.

Standing ovation!!!

And as long as Sonny breathes air, I will always love Julian.

Didn't they let Robert Fucking Scorpio! and Anna and especially Luke ad-lib back in the day? I seem to recall them, and possibly Scotty, ad-libbing, usually saying things that were obviously ad-libbed and usually better than whatever the writers wrote. But then again I'm old lol

Also, since TFGH always has to be so cutting edge about real-life stuff, are they going to bring Casey the Alien back when the RL government releases the Big Alien Reveal (to distract us from something else more important no doubt)? Sorry to bring RL into Port Charles, I'm already sick and tired of hearing about the Great Alien Reveal To Come that it only makes sense that Casey would be history these damn writers would remember. 

I shouldn't be allowed to comment until I've had 2 cups of tea.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I would tentatively say "no," they aren't setting up a Griffin triangle with mother and daughter Jeromes. I think this is more about Griffin being nice and Ava being paranoid and insecure about the facial scars that she meticulously arranges her hair to show. That will probably come up in a week or two., tops. "You would prefer to be with my daughter, wouldn't you? Well, who can blame you? SHE DOESN'T HAVE ANY SCARS!" Setting aside Kiki's other selling points relative to Ava, i.e., being a younger model who hasn't killed anyone that we know of, is in the same line of work as Griffin, and probably is a nicer person when it comes down to it. But I don't think he'll be legitimately interested in her.  

I actually think it is bound to happen because Ava is so damned insecure and she doesn't feel that she is good enough for Griffin. She is still going on and on about her horrible scar which is barely noticeable, so she is going need another reason for the drama of why things won't work out with him. Kiki and Griffin will innocently be friends and Ava will sees things that are not there. Plus Ava still feels some guilt for cheating with Morgan when he was with Kiki so will feel as she is being punished if/when Kiki and Griffin get together.

What I think will happened is that Ava's jealousy and insecurity will eventually push Griffin away and then he will get together with Kiki for real.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I actually think it is bound to happen because Ava is so damned insecure and she doesn't feel that she is good enough for Griffin. She is still going on and on about her horrible scar which is barely noticeable, so she is going need another reason for the drama of why things won't work out with him. Kiki and Griffin will innocently be friends and Ava will sees things that are not there. Plus Ava still feels some guilt for cheating with Morgan when he was with Kiki so will feel as she is being punished if/when Kiki and Griffin get together.

What I think will happened is that Ava's jealousy and insecurity will eventually push Griffin away and then he will get together with Kiki for real.

I can see this happening.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Does it seem to anyone else that since Van Etten has been co-writing, there have been more historical nods? I don't mean extremely distant history that is storyline-dictated, I mean the show (and the characters, in dialogue) remembering things that aren't that long ago but had been completely dropped, like Jordan and Ava today, and Nina's "I...uh, wasn't following local politics back then" a few episodes back. I think CVE just has more of a sense of the value in a show's "Bible" than JP/SA had/have.  

If Van Etten does value the Bible, then he's lapsed, because as far as I've been able to see since Jason returned, AJ NEVER was revealed actually alive, and has been dead all these years. Until THAT HUMONGOUS PURPLE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM is addressed, I'm not giving any credit to ANYONE. They're ALL HACKS.

And I watched the Jason and Robin Reunion again (DON'T JUDGE ME!) and as far as I can tell, Steve Burton has only shown life/lit up, in his scenes with Kimberly. With everyone else, just the same old stare/blink/scream/stare into nothingness.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I watched the Jason and Robin Reunion again (DON'T JUDGE ME!) and as far as I can tell, Steve Burton has only shown life/lit up, in his scenes with Kimberly. With everyone else, just the same old stare/blink/scream/stare into nothingness.

Same as it ever was.  The only other pairing I've ever seen him emote anywhere near as much was with Baby Michael.  

Also, I know the only reason they're playing up this Maxie/Nathan "genetic testing, so get the doctor ALL the medical records of ALL the grandparents" is because of Nathan's paternity, but, hey, here's a thought: maybe discuss the fact the pregnant woman has a heart transplant and should be a high-risk pregnancy to begin with.  

• Love 11

Maxie with her heart, Nelle with her kidney......  they are so obvious sometimes;  Though clearly there won't be 2 babies born (unless a switch is planned, but seriously, again?  BTDT)

Shall we start a pool now as to which baby is actually born?  They love all things Corinthos, so maybe Nelle's, though technically it would be a Q baby.  Though Maxie already kinda/sorta lost Georgie so maybe they'll let her kid live?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

I don't think it was about Oscar but about Jake.  Jake's reaction was no way no how is Jason my father, I'm keeping Drew.  Whereas Danny was all, cool beans, where's my dog.  

I was more so thinking along the lines of the show keeping score between Jason and Drew in regards to the kids. Jake had his moment with Drew, rejecting Jason as you said. But then Drew gets Oscar as his biological son that he gets to share "moments" with, and now Jason had had his own "moment" with Danny and we have yet to see what will happen when he eventually remembers Jake is his as well.

Danny's dog obsession though...I guess right now he loves dogs in the same way his dad likes motorcycles.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:

She's not even his grandmother, she's his great aunt.  And a giant busybody.  

Really? Oh ffs.

I would not expect Jason to play with his son until they are old enough to go to a shooting range with him.

If I could get it in writing that were this to happen, one of the little trigger happy hell spawn will end up "accidentally" shooting their Uncle Sonny in the back/chest/spinal column/brain steam/jugular vein, I would be all for this. All for it.

• Love 3

"Oh, you're my dad? You can hug me. Then maybe you can visit Grandma Monica so you can meet Annabelle, my dog." Totally in character for a five year old boy. And Jake's reaction was pretty much in character for however old the kid is supposed to be these days.

Maxiespawn vs. Nellespawn...heart issues vs. single kidney issues...I don't care, just so long as they're both tocks. Bonus if Nelle joins them. And I also want peace in the Middle East, calorie-free pizza/ice cream/wine, and kitties that change their own litter.

• Love 6

Where are Felicia and Mac going on Christmas Eve that they won't be in town for Kevin and Laura's wedding? Maxie is in town. Maybe they are going to California to visit Robin, Emma and Noah? But I guess I should be impressed that the writers even thought about an excuse for why Dante had to be the best man and Mac wouldn't be at Kevin's wedding.

Can Laura just run for mayor?

I want to know when were these years that Kevin has known Dante and treated him like a member of the family. Kevin and Dante have barely known each other or interacted, aside from them both living in the same town, until last summer of Cassadine Island and months later when Kevin started dating the mother of Dante's wife.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1

On the one hand it's nice to see PC residents portrayed as conscientious citizens (Laura's speech was nicely effective) but on the other hand I'm exhausted by the topic of election meddling and the term "fake news." I know it's cool to be political right now, to actively engage in politics via protests or town halls, so I get why the show is adopting this angle, but I personally can't connect to any fake GH politics when I'm up to my ears in real life political matters. 

Maxie and Felicia's talk made me think about the insanity of Georgie's conception and birth, and I find it odd they haven't reflected on that more, since it does seem the show has made an effort recently to remember its history. That was a big obstacle in Maxie and Lulu's friendship and an obstacle to Maxie's motherhood, so for the show to paint it as just "a troubled period" seems rather lacking.

On a scale of hyena to banshee, how loudly do you think Carly's going to scream when she finds out Nelle's working for Ava? 

• Love 6

Molly keep on hating Julian. I fully support you in this. However, you are not a poor, working student. TJ is; you are not.

I guess gentrification wants to make   Its way to Charles Street. Better hope that a Perks doesn’t get a location over there.

Yeah, I can’t see how Nelle working for Ava won’t blow up in both of their faces. Ava, you don’t have a husband but a younger boyfriend and Nelle has betrayed each of former bosses in various ways.

• Love 6

LOL at Nelle's face when Michael told her to get a job. I don't think he's asking too much for her to pitch in a bit with money, especially since he'll fully pay for her medical expenses and other baby-related stuff.

Is Mayor Lomax still being played by Shari Belafonte? I barely recognized her with that hair—it's terrible. So dowdy and unflattering.

• Love 10

oh my God, Nathan. Victor was born in the 40s or 50s living on an isolated Greek island , so many reasons why he wouldn't get tested for that shit. Maybe he just couldn't find a rowboat to get out to the doctor.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, CPP83 said:

The main reason I took issue with the scene between Jason and Danny is the same reason why I often take issue with any and all scenes that revolve around Jason: it's all about Jason.

That's what I saw in the whole set up. Jason got called "Other Daddy" by a kid who knows him from pictures, who thought he was merely "Mommy's friend" five seconds earlier, and then the kid prompts the sniffling robot to give him a hug to top it all off.

That scene, that moment, was all about portraying Jason as the long-suffering father, imho, and he is anything but.

Yes, he lost five years, and it was his own damn fault,

I agree with truthaboutluv. I will give Burton a tiny bit of credit for the flicker of gut-punch guilt I saw on his face when Danny asked "He loves me?" "Why did you stay away so long?" That was the reality of Jason being an absentee father - Danny had no idea this man loved him, and why hasn't he been around to do Daddy type things (like Drew).  I think Danny prompted Jason to hug him because in his family, the people who say they love you hug you.  It was an awkward hug from Jason, and Danny wasn't exactly throwing himself into Jason's arms yearning for a father's love.  He seems to think Jason is just another person added to his life to love him, because that is how Sam presented it. Drew is still his Daddy who loves him and lives there with them; it doesn't seem like his life is going to change.  Danny does not think he has a reason to be worried, so he asked to go play cars. Whereas Drew and Elizabeth presented the "Jason is your Daddy, Drew is your uncle" concept to Jake like he might have to spend time with Jason, and his future of spending time with the Dad he knows might be different/less than he's come to expect.  Telling Jake vaguely that things may "change" of course scared him. 

• Love 7

I don't know why, but I'm really irritated with Michael's insistence that Nelle work.  She's always worked since she arrived in town, and she's never been portrayed as someone who wants to sit on her ass and freeload.  It seems very unlike Michael and makes him look like an asshole, IMO.  The ignoring that she's one kidney down, and that kidney was stolen from her and walking around in his sister's body, really bugs me.  And when Nelle attempted to point that out, everyone jumped all over her like she was using it as a lame excuse.  In my opinion, her refusal to accept money from Jax proves she did want to work and make her own way.  In fact, if I were her I would call Jax and say I changed my mind.  He really should have settled money on her, and told her it was up to her to do with it what she will.

• Love 7