Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I think that is why Nelle became so difficult.  Sonny and Carly joining Michael in confronting Nelle made her up the ante.  If I were Nelle I would record any meetings/confrontations with Sonny or Carly because they have both threatened her.  Michael will treat her fairly and she know it but she also knows what lengths Carly and Sonny will go to get what they want.  It is Carly and Sonny who are the bullies/psycho murderers in this situation.

Nelle should have brought her lawyer with her to this meeting. If she thought the meeting was just with Michael and then saw the Corinthii, she should have adjourned until she could bring a lawyer, since she anticipated their threats and disapproval.

• Love 2

Monica was way out of line. Kim's a doctor, so she's hardly hurting for money. (Unless this another case of a highly/comfortably paid health professional somehow being poor.)

Yes at first I thought it was ridiculous to think that Kim is rich as a doctor, and therefore is not a gold-digger. But from Monica's perspective. the Quartermaine money is vast, and anyone who has access to it would probably choose not to work. She and Alan still worked because they loved their healing careers and didn't need to support themselves. An ordinary person who became a doctor might want to pay off her debt and retire early if the vast Quartermaine money became accessible.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, dubbel zout said:

I hate the idea of Lulu being an investigative journalist just because she wants to, and so of course in typical soap fashion she stumbles onto a giant story and blows the lid off this thing.

Agree. Did Emme sign  a new contract, with the stipulation that she would get a meatier role?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of twins and memories, I don't get the point of Andre saving his wife's memories.  Did he want to restore them after she'd lost them?  Because that's not how Alzheimer's works. The problem is not the loss of the memories themselves but of the brain's ability to function properly.

Absolutely. Such an epic fail on the writers' part. Makes me think the writers have never seen examples of Alzheimer victims' atrophied brains.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't Kevin and Lucy get married on Christmas? Why on earth would he suggest that as a date for his wedding to Laura?

I don't think that it was Christmas day, but I think it was Christmas eve. So yeah, it seems pretty odd that Kevin would want a wedding. New Year's eve or day, I could believe. Christmas? Nah. And not a word about Serena and Christina Baldwin. 

I can understand Serena not being recast. I can chalk it up to schedules and even Kin's wishes. But Christina Baldwin needs to exist. Just give her a nickname and get her back home. Lucy, Kevin, Scott and Laura should be involved in some teen scandal. Have her be 14/15, living with a secretly not dead Karen and family. She longs to be back with her parents. Sneaks back home to PC. Bringing us a new teen to a Cam(please!)/Joss/Oscar teen squad. Joss and Tina become fast friends. Then Tina realizes in horror who Joss' stepfather is! 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, stlbf said:

I don't think that it was Christmas day, but I think it was Christmas eve. So yeah, it seems pretty odd that Kevin would want a wedding. New Year's eve or day, I could believe. Christmas? Nah. And not a word about Serena and Christina Baldwin. 

I can understand Serena not being recast. I can chalk it up to schedules and even Kin's wishes. But Christina Baldwin needs to exist. Just give her a nickname and get her back home. Lucy, Kevin, Scott and Laura should be involved in some teen scandal. Have her be 14/15, living with a secretly not dead Karen and family. She longs to be back with her parents. Sneaks back home to PC. Bringing us a new teen to a Cam(please!)/Joss/Oscar teen squad. Joss and Tina become fast friends. Then Tina realizes in horror who Joss' stepfather is! 

Oscar doesn't need to exist but I am all for a finally-SORASed Cam! I don't even care who Cam dates as long as he is allowed to have some feelings about his mother and Franco, and wanting to have the only dad he knew (Lucky) back.

I don't know why Christina doesn't exist. I could handwave it as not wanting to bring back anything from that Port Charles show but didn't Kevin have a line once about sending the girls (plural) back to Scotty for awhile while Lucy was - something, for Reasons? (Sorry I'm not more helpful on that!). Kevin/Lucy/Scott/Laura have an intertwined history amongst themselves, it just seems a no-brainer for a soap to bring in the Baldwin girls to be a part of it. Lucky isn't around, Nikolas died before Kevin/Laura became a Thing, Lulu is very much Team KevLaur, for all we know Scotty doesn't know a thing about their relationship, and aside from the way Lynn Herring played Lucy's reaction way back when upon finding out Laura wasn't moving in with Kevin after she moved out of Wyndemere Lucy hasn't posed any trouble for them - isn't it a soap staple that someone, somewhere, has to disapprove of their romance or give them a hard time? Bring in one of the kids!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

When he is interacting with Joss, her leadership and maturity are strongly apparent; Joss is strong in her own personality and sexual identity. However, I get the sense that Oscar's identity and even his sexual orientation are much more fluid and being formed.

Only recently.  When they first met/started dating Oscar seemed to be the aggressor/leader in the relationship.  In fact, the few times that they've kissed, wasn't Oscar the one who initiated it?  Then the story became about finding his father and suddenly Joss was the leader in the relationship and now Oscar's turned into a mopey, whiny kid about the whole thing.  

8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

How inappropriate for ANYONE, especially Carly and Monica and Alexis, to be speculating about Sam's heart and what they think she should do in the circumstances.

This is the part that I don't understand.  People fall out of love, grow up and move on.  Has it not occured to any of these people that Sam may no longer be in love with Jason?  I know that's sacriligous that anyone could dump Jason, but thats how i choose to see it.

• Love 14

You know what I do with all my TOP SECRET, HIGHLY SENSITIVE information?  If you said "why, did you get a safety deposit box at the local bank and put it there for safe-keeping?"  you'd be wrong.  Of course I put it in an ornament of an acquaintance, whom I didn't give the heads-up to.  Because that's normal.  (Seriously, though, very soapy, so I can't hate on it too much.  Make fun, sure, but hate?  Nah.)

I'll join the minority of liking Finn and Anna.  It's goofy and silly, but intentionally, and the show needs that. 

I so wanted Sam to throw the ring in the harbor when Jason refused to accept it back.  And his "give it to Scout" was totally out of bounds, which I guess points to Sam for at least acknowledging that. 

Will "Charlie's Pub" be renamed "Julian's Joint?" 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't Kevin and Lucy get married on Christmas? Why on earth would he suggest that as a date for his wedding to Laura?

I honestly bet the writers don't know that.  Like for real. I barely remembered until you brought it up but now I'm bothered because Lucy and Kevin really were a popular couple back in the day.  I may not have totally remembered but I'm not paid to write for this show either. They have no respect or interest in the history of this show.

I watched the Sam/Jason scene and seriously.... yawn. I just have never seen a spark with them. I still blame Kemo as she's just always so flat to me unless shes shrieking/ crying.  That's her two modes.  

Has Jason even talked to Elizabeth about Jake since the jail cell scene? Does he even know that Jake knows about all of this? Did that happen off screen?  And I may have missed it but he does know that Liz is marrying Franco right?  I know he knows they are dating and shouldn't he have been all over getting Franco away from Jake AND Liz? because romance or not they've always been friends. I find it hard to care about Jason getting his life stolen if the only part of it he seems to care about is Carly/Sonny and Sam. And I realize he's focused on the Mystery stuff and perhaps more than one thing to think about at a time is too much for him but ugh.  

36 minutes ago, MissL said:

I honestly bet the writers don't know that.  Like for real. I barely remembered until you brought it up but now I'm bothered because Lucy and Kevin really were a popular couple back in the day.  I may not have totally remembered but I'm not paid to write for this show either. They have no respect or interest in the history of this show.

I watched the Sam/Jason scene and seriously.... yawn. I just have never seen a spark with them. I still blame Kemo as she's just always so flat to me unless shes shrieking/ crying.  That's her two modes.  

Has Jason even talked to Elizabeth about Jake since the jail cell scene? Does he even know that Jake knows about all of this? Did that happen off screen?  And I may have missed it but he does know that Liz is marrying Franco right?  I know he knows they are dating and shouldn't he have been all over getting Franco away from Jake AND Liz? because romance or not they've always been friends. I find it hard to care about Jason getting his life stolen if the only part of it he seems to care about is Carly/Sonny and Sam. And I realize he's focused on the Mystery stuff and perhaps more than one thing to think about at a time is too much for him but ugh.  

Jason has not showed one ounce of concern about getting to know either child, Danny or Jake.  But with Jake it's more glaring because he hasn't even visited Liz like he has with Sam.

Compare that with Drew going to see Oscar right away. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'll join the minority of liking Finn and Anna.  It's goofy and silly, but intentionally, and the show needs that. 

the writing and the acting were kind of bad but I'll admit I still kind of liked it.  I wish they would have taken the time needed to make it better

• Love 6

I like FinnAnna, much better than HaydFinn, but the actors were really tanking their last few scenes.  It was like you asked two eight-year-olds to kiss.  Eww, icky poo.  Girl germs! Boy germs!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Jason has not showed one ounce of concern about getting to know either child, Danny or Jake.  But with Jake it's more glaring because he hasn't even visited Liz like he has with Sam.

I was thinking the same thing, and also contrasting Jason's behavior with Monica summoning Kim to the Q mansion to talk about Drew and Oscar an hour after she finds out that Oscar is Drew's son. 

What is with Monica's confrontational attitude toward Kim about the Quartermaine Family's wealth? Was there a scene of Kim bragging about her son's paternal family's wealth, overheard by someone who knows Monica, or has Kim made reference to wanting $ for Oscar after she flat out told Drew she doesn't need child support?  Otherwise, I assume the writers must have forgotten TB is not playing the Carly character this time. 

Then there was the line of Monica dismissing Kim's comment about Drew's pride in/attachment to the SEALs "band of brothers" by saying he has a brother now.  WTH?? She certainly doesn't speak for either Jason or Drew by saying that. I think the script for Monica was the worst it's been since the time she was speculating that baby Aiden needed emergency medical care because Elizabeth must have hurt or neglected him, since her grandson "died" by getting hit by a car as a result of Liz not properly watching him.

I love the "Karma" of Jason spending years acting as a father with Michael and keeping AJ away from Michael, and now neither Jake nor Danny have any attachment to Jason but think of his brother as their dad. Such great irony that Drew, Lucky, Franco and even Jason's first love's husband have spent more parenting or spending time with Jake than Jason has. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I love the "Karma" of Jason spending years acting as a father with Michael and keeping AJ away from Michael, and now neither Jake nor Danny have any attachment to Jason but think of his brother as their dad. Such great irony that Drew, Lucky, Franco and even Jason's first love's husband have spent more parenting or spending time with Jake than Jason has. 

Agreed. Fuck borg, especially when it comes to Jake.  They were both alive at the same time at one point and he choose not to get involved.  Everyone you listed, heck even Ric has done more  for that kid than his own father.  I would love to see what they do with him "trying" to raise these boys. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think it would have if she hadn't thought Drew was Jason

Yes, but Drew's version of Jason changed over the two years they were together.  He pulled away from CarSon, to a certain extent.  He wanted to move to another town, with just her and the kids.  He bought a company that they could run together.  I chose to believe that she fell out of love with mobster lacky Jason and into love with "Drew Jason".  Now that OGJason is back and she can see the two for who they are and what they bring to the table (Jason: "I'll be there if you need me.....gotta go Sonny needs me") versus (Drew:  "I'll be there when you and the kids need me......still here") she knows where her heart lies.  And it's not with OGJason, no matter how much Jason, carly, Sonny, Spinelli, Diane and Monica want it.  

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Of course I put it in an ornament of an acquaintance, whom I didn't give the heads-up to. 

The wierdest part is that when Andre gave Anna the disco ball, I don't think it was meant to be a Christmas ornament.  I thought it was more of a memento because they had done that dancing together that one time, so it was a reminder of that.  But now, they have it as an ornament that Anna is adding to the rest of the ornaments to put in the city tree.   Wuh?

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The wierdest part is that when Andre gave Anna the disco ball, I don't think it was meant to be a Christmas ornament.  I thought it was more of a memento because they had done that dancing together that one time, so it was a reminder of that.  But now, they have it as an ornament that Anna is adding to the rest of the ornaments to put in the city tree.   Wuh?

You're right! André didn't tell Anna to hang the disco ball on her Christmas tree. Not that she can't do what she wants with it, but if he'd said that when he gave it to her, I'd have made the connection. As it is, I thought the ornament he put the info in was a generic silver one. Or maybe my old cathode-tube TV (they still exist!) is finally on its last legs, LOL.

Went back to double check.  It is a disco ball, but it also has a string on it, like an ornament.  He says it's to remember him and their dance together, but at no time does he say that it's an ornament for her tree.  Though I wonder why she's tossing it in the box of ornaments that she's getting rid of instead of keeping it as a memento from a friend.  I mean, I understand that it's a plot point, to have everyone running around trying to find it now, but it seems rather callous of her to get rid of it, all things considered.

3:28 mark

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Yes, but Drew's version of Jason changed over the two years they were together.

Sure, but she never asked it of him. Does anyone really think she would have broken it off with Drew-as-Jason if he had gone back completely to the mob? So I can understand how other people wouldn't take that much into account, especially Carly.

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

even Jason's first love's husband 

Is this referring to Patrick?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sure, but she never asked it of him. Does anyone really think she would have broken it off with Drew-as-Jason if he had gone back completely to the mob? So I can understand how other people wouldn't take that much into account, especially Carly.

Is this referring to Patrick?

Yes (I know Jason dated Karen and then Keisha before the accident, but I feel the show has established Robin as Jason's actual first love.)

8 hours ago, Hater said:

Jason 's brothers are better fathers than he is?  Well yeah.  It should be no surprise that Sam would choose Drew.  Literally the only people who wanted old Jason back is Carly and Sonny.  

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Literally the only people who wanted old Jason back is Carly and Sonny.

I disagree: Monica, Michael, and Diane are also thrilled he's returned.

Too bad JE is retired; I'd have LOVED to see Tracy's reaction to Jason Burton back in Port Charles.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Perkie said:

Yes, but Drew's version of Jason changed over the two years they were together.  He pulled away from CarSon, to a certain extent.  He wanted to move to another town, with just her and the kids.  He bought a company that they could run together.  I chose to believe that she fell out of love with mobster lacky Jason and into love with "Drew Jason".  Now that OGJason is back and she can see the two for who they are and what they bring to the table (Jason: "I'll be there if you need me.....gotta go Sonny needs me") versus (Drew:  "I'll be there when you and the kids need me......still here") she knows where her heart lies.  And it's not with OGJason, no matter how much Jason, carly, Sonny, Spinelli, Diane and Monica want it.  

With Jason Sam will always come in behind Sonny, Carly and the mob.  Five years ago Sam and Jason brought Danny home for the first time.  He had been the victim of a baby switch so his parents had lost several months with their infant son.  During this precious family bonding time Jason gets an "emergency" call from Bernie.  What does Jason do?  Does he tell Bernie to handle it or call Sonny?  No he runs out the door gun in hand to take care of Sonny's business.  He leaves his wife and baby behind because Sonny comes first.  He is "killed" on this mission only to return 5 years later.  After he returns, Jason is still putting Sonny first.  He will never put Sam and her children first.  What is sad is that Sam knows this and was willing to live with her children the danger that surrounds Jason.  However, while Jason was "away" a new and improved Jason/Drew entered Sam's life.  Drew may have Jason's memories but he is his own person.  Sam developed feelings for Drew because she thought he was Jason, but she fell in love with Drew.  Drew always puts Sam and their children first.  He changed his whole lifestyle so he could be a better husband and father.  Sam and Drew are deeply in love.  He gives her things that Jason can not/will not.  Drew makes Sam feel safe and secure.  Jason offers this mother of young children a life of chaos and danger.  She has grown as a woman and as a mother and being Jason's ride or die girl is not who she is anymore.  Sam will always love Jason but she is "in love" with Drew.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I disagree: Monica, Michael, and Diane are also thrilled he's returned.

Too bad JE is retired; I'd have LOVED to see Tracy's reaction to Jason Burton back in Port Charles.

I don't know about Diane, but as long as Monica and Michael still feel some sort of connection to Jason Burton, they don't care what form he comes in. I would wager that Monica would have been delighted if more of Jason Q had come back in Jason Morgan. But alas, he still Sonny & Carly butt monkey. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Will "Charlie's Pub" be renamed "Julian's Joint?" 

Is it wrong that at first I read the name as "Julian's Jorts?"  

And laughed and laughed?

15 hours ago, MissL said:

I would have hoped that the actors could've clued in the idiot writers/producers and said something. At least have given Lucy a scene where she and Kevin have a quick remembrance of that Xmas eve wedding. I know it was on PC, but come on writers!

12 hours ago, Hater said:

Agreed. Fuck borg, especially when it comes to Jake.  They were both alive at the same time at one point and he choose not to get involved.  Everyone you listed, heck even Ric has done more  for that kid than his own father.  I would love to see what they do with him "trying" to raise these boys. 

Jason showed approximately 2 minutes of interest in Jake. Maybe even less in Danny. He knows that hated Franco is snug in a parental role in Jake's life. But all he cares about is Sonny, Sonny's protection and which of Sonny's enemies pulled off this stupid plan. Making sad faces at Sam is somewhere after All Sonny's Needs. 

The show should've kept the true identities secret. Outside of Sonny, Drew, Sam, Jason and Carly. Franco knowing was worthless. Liz can also be left out of the loop. SBJason should've announced his ID as Drew. And gone right back to Sonny's side. BMJason stays on as Jason, media executive, good husband and father. Then let Dr. Nero's announcement of "Drew's" biological spawn named Oscar play out. Will "Jason" want to parent his actual biological child or keep the secret and let Oscar believe that "Drew", his father is a mob goon and allow his deadbeatDad brother to play an active or nonexistent role in Oscar's life? Either of which can be traumatizing and/or detrimental to a teen. There is your drama.

But, since they already did the stupid reveal, this should happen: Drew, Jason and Sam all set out to destroy Franco. Drew should be pushing hard for a Liason reunion. Anything to keep Jason from pining after Sam. Jason should want to destroy Franco for everything the man has done. Sam would be interesting piece. She wants revenge, but does she want to practically throw Jason to be with his ex? Especially if she believes that he could rekindle feelings for Liz? Right in front of her own eyes? While she still has to have conflicting romantic feelings for the old Jason? Is Liz really going to be happy with Franco? She knows how Jason feels about him. And that real Jason will never let Franco anywhere Jake. Perhaps Jake overhears a screaming match between Franco/Jason/Liz and learns about the horrific crimes Franco has committed. 

That is what a soap opera should be producing.

• Love 3

I don't think André intended to put his wife's memories back in her own damaged brain. I think the idea was something like what actually happened with Jason and Drew. He would implant his wife's memories in a host...although I'm not sure who would volunteer to give up her own identity to be Mrs. André. If it were someone brain-dead with no chance for recovery, like most major organ transplants, André would be back at square one. But maybe the idea was that he just needed a brain that was still functional in a body that was terminally failing, and that person or her family would make a donation.  

I'm thinking of it as kind of like that Steve Martin/Kathleen Turner movie, but harder to take seriously.  

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't think André intended to put his wife's memories back in her own damaged brain. I think the idea was something like what actually happened with Jason and Drew. He would implant his wife's memories in a host...although I'm not sure who would volunteer to give up her own identity to be Mrs. André. 

Eesh, really? That's super creepy. I thought André wanted to restore his wife's memories to her, though as others have pointed out, Alzheimer's isn't about forgetting, it's about the brain being unable to access the memories.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm thinking of it as kind of like that Steve Martin/Kathleen Turner movie, but harder to take seriously.  

The Man with Two Brains! One of my all-time favorite movies. "Into the mud, scum queen!"

• Love 5
On 12/16/2017 at 0:42 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

But from Monica's perspective. the Quartermaine money is vast, and anyone who has access to it would probably choose not to work. She and Alan still worked because they loved their healing careers and didn't need to support themselves. An ordinary person who became a doctor might want to pay off her debt and retire early if the vast Quartermaine money became accessible.

Monica has no reason to think that Kim doesn't love her work, or is hoping to get some of the Q fortune as the mother of Oscar. She said herself that by looking into Kim's background, she knows she is a very successful doctor. The irony to me is that Monica is cordial/not openly hostile toward Carly knowing quite well her history of attraction to wealthy men (especially how her selfishness and high drama  impacted both Jason and AJ's lives) and how she aimed to sabotage Bobbie and Tony's marriage, and I believe she knows that Sam has a history as a con artist.  Yet Monica summons Kim, a woman who hasn't asked Drew for a dime, to confront her about her intentions and possible interest in the Q's fortune? Alrightey then.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

I'm all caught up on this week, which is a weird feeling for me. It's also weird to see some things I'm actually enjoying.

But Anna and Finn's dynamic is actually starting to gel for me. I was amused by their banter today, and it looks like the actors are enjoying themselves, too.

Count me in the Anna/Finn camp. I loved that Finola almost broke character and started laughing at him throwing the towels. Finn/Hayden didn't really work for me. Maybe because it seemed like a greater age gap or I just didn't see chem between them at all. I always thought of Rebecca Budig as a sexual character, and like was said upthread, Finn almost seems asexual. But he works for me with Anna. I liked the dialogue, and yeah I liked the kiss too. It was all just fun, which is something this show seriously lacks.

I don't have high hopes that Ava/Nelle will get the better of Sonny/Carly, but I do like that Ava is actually doing and planning something. She saw an opportunity, and she seized upon it. I've thought for a while that the one thing that Ava still does have is an apparently unlimited supply of cash. Why not use that to her advantage?

Oscar is horrible. The actor that plays him is horrible (although he was slightly less horrible the last day) and the character isn't much better. I don't think the show is doing a terrible job with the triangle of Jason/Sam/Drew though.

Nina: "I uh...wasn't following local politics at the time." Me: Yeah, no shit, because you were too busy drugging a pregnant woman and inducing her labor so you could snatch the baby right out of her womb and steal her, you psychotic crazy lunatic.

• Love 9

I think I might have missed something about the stolen ballots fiasco. Lulu asks Nina for Charlotte's Christmas list and Nina leaves to go get it. When she comes back in, she has a plastic bag full of ballots. Where were they ?

Finn/Hayden was possibly the most boring storyline on a boring show.  Finn/Anna is not perfect but it's a lot more lively and fun.

On 12/16/2017 at 0:30 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Nelle should have brought her lawyer with her to this meeting. If she thought the meeting was just with Michael and then saw the Corinthii, she should have adjourned until she could bring a lawyer, since she anticipated their threats and disapproval.

If Nelle were really smart, she would have. But she's still playing the innocent, thinking Michael will buy it and they'll go back to when he thought she was more sinned against then sinning.

On 12/16/2017 at 0:42 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Yes at first I thought it was ridiculous to think that Kim is rich as a doctor, and therefore is not a gold-digger. But from Monica's perspective. the Quartermaine money is vast, and anyone who has access to it would probably choose not to work. She and Alan still worked because they loved their healing careers and didn't need to support themselves. An ordinary person who became a doctor might want to pay off her debt and retire early if the vast Quartermaine money became accessible.

8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Monica has no reason to think that Kim doesn't love her work, or is hoping to get some of the Q fortune as the mother of Oscar. She said herself that by looking into Kim's background, she knows she is a very successful doctor. The irony to me is that Monica is cordial/not openly hostile toward Carly knowing quite well her history of attraction to wealthy men (especially how her selfishness and high drama  impacted both Jason and AJ's lives) and how she aimed to sabotage Bobbie and Tony's marriage, and I believe she knows that Sam has a history as a con artist.  Yet Monica summons Kim, a woman who hasn't asked Drew for a dime, to confront her about her intentions and possible interest in the Q's fortune? Alrightey then.

Monica is justifiably suspicious of this woman who suddenly comes to town and is able to claim a sizable portion of the Quartermaine fortune, especially given her history with Carly.  She has to be nice to Carly because if she antagonizes Carly, her access to Michael and maybe even Jason could be limited, with Kim she can start as she means to go on.

It isn't just that Kim could retire from working with the money, it's also that as a Quartermaine she would have access to a lot of power and influence if she wanted it. And Oscar would probably have voting shares in ELQ, which could affect the company.

Remember when Alan fell for Lucy?

On 12/16/2017 at 10:37 AM, ulkis said:

I think it would have if she hadn't thought Drew was Jason.

She married him again when she thought he was Jason. But he was different than Jason, and now she's different, and she'd rather have the 'Jason' who was really Drew than the real Jason.

She probably would have stayed with him if he had gone back into the mob but given the choice of a Jason who is Sonny's minion and puts him first and a Jason who left the mob to keep her and the kids safe, she's picking the latter.

14 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't think André intended to put his wife's memories back in her own damaged brain. I think the idea was something like what actually happened with Jason and Drew. He would implant his wife's memories in a host...although I'm not sure who would volunteer to give up her own identity to be Mrs. André. If it were someone brain-dead with no chance for recovery, like most major organ transplants, André would be back at square one. But maybe the idea was that he just needed a brain that was still functional in a body that was terminally failing, and that person or her family would make a donation. 

But it still wouldn't be like his wife.  The new person would have her memories but she wouldn't have her impulses or her way of thinking or her attachments.

Just look at Jason and Drew. Drew got Jason's memories but he still wasn't Jason, and Sonny and Carly knew it, so they say.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 3:07 PM, Perkie said:

at no time does he say that it's an ornament for her tree.  Though I wonder why she's tossing it in the box of ornaments that she's getting rid of instead of keeping it as a memento from a friend.  I mean, I understand that it's a plot point, to have everyone running around trying to find it now, but it seems rather callous of her to get rid of it, all things considered.

It would have made more sense if Finn knocked a box off the desk and when picking things up, accidentally puts the disco ball in with the ornaments.  Anna being out of the room at the time doesn't see him make the error.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Nina: "I uh...wasn't following local politics at the time." Me: Yeah, no shit, because you were too busy drugging a pregnant woman and inducing her labor so you could snatch the baby right out of her womb and steal her, you psychotic crazy lunatic.

I have to admit, I laughed when Nina said that.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Monica is justifiably suspicious of this woman who suddenly comes to town and is able to claim a sizable portion of the Quartermaine fortune

Oscar has the claim to the Q money, not Kim. And didn't Monica ask to see Kim? It's not as if Kim showed up on the mansion's doorstep and demanded Oscar's share of the fortune then and there. Slow your roll a bit, Monica. 

If Monica's going to get mad at anyone, it should be the lawyer(s) who wrote Edward's will. It was absurdly imprecise.

• Love 5

Does Jason know that Sam tried to kill Sonny yet? I should really stop asking questions when I already know the answers.

I actually thought they would use Sam's kitty-litter disease when they first brought P6 back to Port Charles. Silly me, thinking the writers would use recent history in a current storyline. Maybe I'm the one with kitty-litter disease and I imagined a long drawn out boring story where someone almost killed Sonny for real. 

UO places me at the Finn/Anna table. 

This show is so boring.

• Love 3

Oscar has the claim to the Q money, not Kim. And didn't Monica ask to see Kim? It's not as if Kim showed up on the mansion's doorstep and demanded Oscar's share of the fortune then and there. Slow your roll a bit, Monica. 

Always happy to see a scene with Monica but her attack on Kim was out of character.  Kim was based in Cleveland which is near western NY - so it's not really a stretch for her to move to PC just to get out of Cleveland.  If only Monica would attack Michael whenever he refers to Sonny as his father - that would be a little more enjoyable to watch.  ymmv.

Does Jason know that Sam tried to kill Sonny yet?

This was one of the ten worst plots in the past decade - Someone wants to off Sonny.  Therefore, that person must be crazy.  I am not looking forward to the mental gymnastics that the writers will try to push Sam's 'disease' under the rug.  It'll probably be mixed in with Sonny's saving of PC from the opoid crisis. 

• Love 2

At this point it seems disliking Anna/Finn is the UO. I don't actually really have an opinion on them either way, but I thought their first kiss scene was pretty bad.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

So, someone knew that Andre put the flashdrive in the disco ball and gave it to Anna, like FOUR weeks ago.  That same someone knew that it accidentally got put in the same box as the other ornaments.  And that same person knew that Anna donated the ornaments to the park trees and managed to suss it out?  SERIOUSLY??  

• Love 3

I had to laugh that Jason needed to get Anna's contact info from Robin. I know that was to show us he and Robin are in contact, but it's not as if Robin were the sole person who knows Anna's phone number. 

After Drew told Sam "there's nothing in this world that can change how much I love you," I was a bit surprised we didn't cut to a shot of Jason. Who's self-restraint was responsible for that?

Ugh, why is Sam talking to Carly about her problems? THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS, SHOW.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, why is Sam talking to Carly about her problems? THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS, SHOW.

For Realz. I couldn't find the one where Sam bitchslaps the Shebeast after Jason went running after her and they thought he was dead, but this will suffice.

giphy.gif

• Love 3

Oh, look, Sam loves Carly again and they're friends! Watch tomorrow as this will change and watch next week when it changes again! The writers hate consistency with Sam. Been like this for years and years and years.

20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh that Jason needed to get Anna's contact info from Robin. I know that was to show us he and Robin are in contact, but it's not as if Robin were the sole person who knows Anna's phone number. 

I loved it. Show always takes care of JnR and shows their friendship and it's nice.

• Love 2

I'm really liking BM scenes with Oscar.

Really must flip Elizabeth's switch to constantly have to reassure uber-nedy Franco of her stupid love for him. Ew.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1

Shut up, Carly. Her speech to Sam about choosing the one “that really gets you” was so irritating. She started off by saying that loving two men simultaneously is normal. Of course she’d say that; she has pined for Jason forever. Gross. Carly knows that if Jason had shown an interest in romancing her years ago, she’d have been the one with the closet full of black leather jackets. But even more annoying is her presumption that Drew doesn’t truly love Sam. Carly, you don’t know shit, and you’re blinded by your adoration of St. Jaysus.

Sure, I’ve moaned about some of their monotone-mumbling scenes and the endless weeping, but I haven’t doubted that Drew genuinely and deeply loves Sam. And maybe it’s just me, but I’m not getting “l want you back” vibes from Sam in her interactions with Jason. However, that may be the actress’ personal feelings coloring her delivery. Drew is the one who interacts like a human, keeps up relationships with his kids (or Jason’s kids), and puts Sam before Sonny and Carly. So Carly, he “gets her,” you smug shit-stirrer.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

but I’m not getting “l want you back” vibes from Sam in her interactions with Jason. However, that may be the actress’ personal feelings coloring her delivery

Well, it's also how it's written. KeMo isn't choosing for Sam not to say hello to Jason at the Metro Court, for example. There's a reason why Carly pointed out that Sam only cares about Drew's feelings. I'm sure Sam will have some sort of breakdown. Shout out to @ulkis

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Between Liz and her "I love Franco more than I've ever loved anyone" and Carly's "Sam should leave a man who considers her integral to his happiness and go back to the guy who doesn't depend on her at all" I'm at a total loss. Fuck this show, man. What a disgrace that it's now canon that Liz loves fucking FRANCO more than she ever loved Lucky, Nikolas, or Jason. And Carly accused Sam of staying with Drew out of obligation because he needs her AFTER she flat out admitted Jason will get along just fine without Sam, like this argument is supposed to be to Drew's detriment. Damn, Carly, maybe Sam LIKES being with a man who considers her to be of the utmost importance and not just someone to come home to after a long day's work doing Sonny's bidding. Carly's "friendship" with Sam is nothing more than her overbearing attempts to push her own agenda onto Sam, and it's super frustrating to watch. 

Edited by Linny
  • Love 22

What a disgrace that it's now canon that Liz loves fucking FRANCO more than she ever loved Lucky, Nikolas, or Jason.

well, that's part and parcel of Liz (and many soap relationships) But Liz especially always talks about how her current love is the only one who really understands her. I've seen her give variations of that speech to Lucky, Jason and Ric (it was in her first wedding vows to Ric for Jasus' sake). 

with Nic, however-- it was just the sex.

• Love 4