Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

At this rate, I'm beginning to think Jason's return is going to be all about Sam.  Loving Sam, missing Sam, needing Sam, pining for Sam, feeling betrayed by Sam.  Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam.  And nothing about finding out who he really is, being horrified by Jason Morgan, wanting to become his own person for the first time, reconnecting with the Qs, feeling betrayed by Sonny and Carly...  Oy.  I've always been pretty meh on Patrick, but this whole business with him sure to hook up with Sam...  In the past, what, six months, he's been in love with Robin, he's been in love with Sabrina, and very shortly, I'm  sure, he'll be in love with Sam.  Skeevy, but I guess I don't blame Patrick, per se, but the lousy, plot contrived writing.  Did Ron never learn the "show, don't tell" school of writing?

Sonny, if you really want to talk freaks, look in the mirror.  Or at a picture of Jason Morgan.  Either/or.

How do you "melt down jewels"?

Nathan, even I know you don't let your guard down till all the bad guys are secured.  On the upside, I'm very glad he turned out to be not Victor's son.  I'm sick of the Cassadines.  They can all take a flying leap.  The only ones I can tolerate are Alexis, Sam (ironically), Molly, Danny (because I don't think of them as Cassadines) and, if they had the good sense to bring him back, Stefan.  (No, I'm not forgetting Nicholas or Spencer on my "Can Tolerate" list.)  Maybe Faison is Nathan's father and Obrecht tragically, for all these years, never realized, or, she wanted to protect him from Faison, inexplicably.  Oh, show.  How long before Nathan learns who his father really is, or that Victor isn't his father?

I could hear the eyeballs of all the medical professionals in the audience rolling around in their heads at the supercharged hormone shot.  I know mine were, and all I know about medicine I learned from ER.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 2

Those who have seen Billy Miller -- is he generally good? Does he have any weird or annoying acting tics I can look to?

One of his nicknames is Sir Mugs a Lot. He makes faces more than Steve. Actually more than human actors let alone statues that blink. I like his style and characters (especially Billy Abbott) who were over the top lovable schmucks or eccentric. "Stone Cold" Jason is neither. Billy Millers trademark is a HUGE grin that shows all of his teeth. Steve and Jason um...

He is a cute guy but had back issues and a accomplished chef partner (who plays buxom blond Avery on Y&R) so he can get soft. Jason was always supposed to be ripped. So that's a distinction too.

Omg today's episode was campy as fuck. Levi and Nathan's fight was super fake and all they for the most part was shoulder as shove each other.

Olbrechts accent was heavy at the beginning of the episode and faded.

Totally pointless Sonny and some lady's scenes. I will give MB this he stuttered too much but he does look in shape and his hair and dimples are still ok.

Samtrick. "I bet for every school you went to some guy wanted to ask you out (or secks you)." That he's saying it to Sam and she's bash fully grins and the music swells and audience Sqweees. So fucking ridiculous. Sam was a well traveled woman with a dark past and has been with some of PCs biggest players I'm sure the fact she's not and outsider and desirable isn't news. And the actor is saying this to a playboy playmate of the year.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

Maxie really stuck to her guns about holding off for awhile, to find herself again, before getting involved with Nathan.  But I guess we can attribute that kiss to a heat of the moment thing.  'Cause nothin' says lovin' like dead bodies littering the floor. 

Since Patrick is apparently under the assumption that Robin is working at the clinic of her own free will and since he's now out of work in PC, why doesn't he move himself and Emma, merely an hour away, to be with her?  Or would that involve him having to make a sacrifice, when that's really Robin's role?

When the PC gang gets back to town and the news breaks about what happened at the clinic, will Patrick wonder why no one (excepting probably Obrecht, who'll likely keep it to herself) saw Robin?  Will he wonder what happened to her?  Will he worry?  More importantly, will he have to put off having sex with Sam to go find out?  Tune in tomorrow...

• Love 3
How long before Nathan learns who his father really is

I truly believe most of this shit is being thought up on the fly/being pulled out of Ron's ass on a weekly basis so I am highly doubtful there is one specific figure they've settled on yet.

Honestly Victor would have been a good choice, imo, for dramatic purposes plus keeping Ryan around Thaao for a bit longer might have helped him continue to grow. 

But overall what I've noticed is that the idiots in charge seem determined to make this show function on some sort of hellish "need to know" basis, but then they also seem to not know half the time what the hell is happening either so pretty much everything is a failure of massive proportions.

• Love 1

BM is sort of charming and jokey in his role as Billy Abbott on Y/R, but I don't think that's an acting tic, but a choice he made for the character.  Because in other shows I have seen him play just a loud mouthed jerk, and also a psycho.

Make that VERY scary psycho. More emotion than SBu, but not scene chewing. This has potential.

If "AVENGE ME!" doesn't make "The Soup", there is no justice.

Oh, and Nathan's father is Sonny. And the LuluFrozenEmbryo is Sonny Sperm'd. Because Sonny has to procreate every female in Port Charles. In fact, when they get around ressurecting Kannie, she will already be pregnant with Sonny's kid.

So, was Stavros planning on holding My Ice Princess! captive for nine months while the Ice Baby develops?

Yeah, who does he think he is, Sonny? He's not psycho enough, and Stavors wouldn't hurt barware.

• Love 5

How many audience members give any actual fucks who Nathan's dad is? I think we are all like okay just don't be Mac. Anyone but Mac. And I'm not buying Franco, unless you have a bridge in Brooklyn you'd like to sell me.

Things I give fucks about: when will Micheal learn fake daddy shot and MURDERED real daddy and mommy covered it up and the secret has been their aphrodisiac?

when will the camera pan up to show Billy Miller's sexy face? Hell, I've been looking at bearded Sad Panda Patrick for a while and Sonny. Can I get a chest shot? Will Lucas get a job or is he a house husband? If so why have we missed the wedding and courtship? Who will Jasus see as his wig on a stick a'la Patrick Thornhart? Now is the time to right your wrong Ron. And will Carrrlos ever be free again?

• Love 1

That moment/conversation reminded me of something they might do on a CW teen-centric show. The girl tells the boy she never went to prom and he surprises her by recreating the prom in his living room. I seriously expect Patrick to do this.

Taking this to the history thread. 

I think Ron would absolutely change the Nathan's father story if he felt too many viewers had figured it out ahead of time.  He thinks it's far more important to shock the viewers than just tell good story, regardless of whether some fans tweet what they predict the outcome will be.  But he needs to pat himself on the back for his "shocking reveals." 

I think Ron would absolutely change the Nathan's father story if he felt too many viewers had figured it out ahead of time.  He thinks it's far more important to shock the viewers than just tell good story, regardless of whether some fans tweet what they predict the outcome will be.  But he needs to pat himself on the back for his "shocking reveals." 

• Love 4

Then again, he dragged out the Who Killed Kannie reveal for so long.

I have 3 hots and a cot for all you lovely PTVers. You guys have put more thought, history & wit in your comments than we have seen on this show in months. We put more time, effort & logic into piecing this FAKATA show together that than paid writers

Ron can't be writing/planning this shitfest out more than 3-4 weeks. 

• Love 3

Poor Sam. I know she tries to be a detective and all, and a good mother, but she fails to convince. No wonder she wears black all the time. Flirting with Patrick on the couch, she leapt onto the couch and pushed him to the other end of it, practically wrapping her ladyparts around his hips and leg. Ugh and ugh. Then shaking her cleavage feeling so sorry for herself 'cause she'd never been asked to the prom!...poor little Match girl! Daddy was sending her out on tricks then...oh rather "cons". Cons...Un huh.

Sorry Sam you're pathetic. No wonder a hound dog like Patrick can't keep his distance from you.

The whole prom thing was super lame. I mean usually that whole schick is for young cinderella types so they can go all My Fair Lady on them. Sam has never been shown to have low self esteem so that dialogue was ridiculously lame. But of course the whole fortune cookies are real life telling you something was equally lame RME!

So, was Stavros planning on holding My Ice Princess! captive for nine months while the Ice Baby develops?

Ice Ice Baby...Vanilla Ice Ice Baby.   Thanks for putting that song in my head all day today!

• Love 2

So I guess Maxie stabbing Levi Jeans really turned her and Nathan on.

And Ephipany violently destroying Mac's dummy supposedly is what turned Milo on.

And people say romance is dead.

Then shaking her cleavage feeling so sorry for herself 'cause she'd never been asked to the prom

Sam seems the type of person who couldn't possibly give a damn that she didn't go to her prom. Most likely because she was having a better time, getting into clubs under age or out drinking and playing pool with men in their 20s.  In fact, I can't imagine her doing anything but scoff at the idea of voluntarily forking over an inflated amount of money to wear a dress code appropriate dress, wait in a line to have her picture taken, listening to bad popular music spun by a dj who couldn't get a better gig, and being chaperoned by adults who spent the night trying to make sure no one was sneaking in dribs and drabs of alcohol.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

And Ephipany violently destroying Mac's dummy supposedly is what turned Milo on.

And people say romance is dead.

Sam seems the type of person who couldn't possibly give a damn that she didn't go to her prom. Most likely because she was having a better time, getting into clubs under age or out drinking and playing pool with men in their 20s.  In fact, I can't imagine her doing anything but scoff at the idea of voluntarily forking over an inflated amount of money to wear a dress code appropriate dress, wait in a line to have her picture taken, listening to bad popular music spun by a dj who couldn't get a better gig, and being chaperoned by adults who spent the night trying to make sure no one was sneaking in dribs and drabs of alcohol.

Hee! Love this because this is a pretty accurate description of my non-prom experience, except for the playing pool part with men in their 20's, I went to NYC and danced at gay discos with my gay friends (it was the 70's lol) instead.

• Love 1
Sam seems the type of person who couldn't possibly give a damn that she didn't go to her prom

But now she has to "fit" with Patrick, so let's change over her image and make her into such a girly girl who allows her boobs to spill over into his coffee cup and giggles and twitters and bats the eye lashes and who is still so torn up about missing prom...I can't start drinking this early, I have places to go, damn show.

And all this prom talk is making me play "Dancing Queen" in my head.

• Love 4

But now she has to "fit" with Patrick, so let's change over her image and make her into such a girly girl who allows her boobs to spill over into his coffee cup

Don't her boobs pretty much always spill out? 

• Love 4
Don't her boobs pretty much always spill out?

This is true, but it just seems far more intentional in the scenes with Patrick I guess, but that's probably due to my annoyance about them as a whole. Everything they did and said yesterday just made me roll my eyes.

I'm kinda sad we got no dance party.

I'm surprised Maxie and Nathan didn't break out into a 30 second dance party over notLevi's corpse.

• Love 2
[Ron] dragged out the Who Killed Kannie reveal for so long.

He'd locked himself in with the "AJ" scrawled in blood. Which still apparently has the people of Port Charles flummoxed.

I went to a prom-reject slumber party. It was awesome. We went to the movies, ate a ton of junk food, stayed up all night, and congratulated ourselves on not spending 24 hours with someone we hardly knew/didn't like just so we could say we went to prom.

• Love 2

Anna storming into that clinic despite the odds against her really drove home for me that there she has no heir apparent.  Where is our female kickass spy/cop/adventurer for the next generation?  'Cause it ain't Lulu or Maxie.

Speaking of...previews...Maxie looks super goofy holding that gun.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I have always watched soaps. All my life. I don't think I can be shocked in the sense of not seeing something coming anymore, but I still appreciate a great story with solid characters....I think that's one of the (bigger) places Ron is going wrong. He's not telling the story. He's hitting the big marks, but I don't really care about it because there is no attachment/connection being made between the characters themselves, or between the viewer s and characters. 

Showrunners? Think of it like sex; the foreplay is every bit as important as the climax. 

Every afternoon Ron has me shocked, not because of his skilled story telling, but because I'm thinking is that all there is? He only has that plot point? He's not leaving me wanting more in a good way. 

• Love 6

Anna storming into that clinic despite the odds against her really drove home for me that there she has no heir apparent.  Where is our female kickass spy/cop/adventurer for the next generation?  'Cause it ain't Lulu or Maxie.

Speaking of...previews...Maxie looks super goofy holding that gun.

They should bring back that woman who played Sean Donelly's daughter. She looked capable.

• Love 4

They should bring back that woman who played Sean Donelly's daughter. She looked capable.

That was my thought too.  You could have her show up to follow in her father's footsteps and work for her namesake at the PCPD.  Done.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

The whole prom thing was super lame. I mean usually that whole schick is for young cinderella types so they can go all My Fair Lady on them. Sam has never been shown to have low self esteem so that dialogue was ridiculously lame. But of course the whole fortune cookies are real life telling you something was equally lame RME!

Ice Ice Baby...Vanilla Ice Ice Baby.   Thanks for putting that song in my head all day today!

She has been shown on a lot of occasions, in the past, to not have great self esteem.   She used to think she was trash, and not good enough.  That is, of course, until St Jasus' love saved her.  Now she loves herself and has made peace with her sordid past.  *Sigh*  All because of the love of a good man.  *rolling my eyes up into the ceiling*

• Love 3

That moment/conversation reminded me of something they might do on a CW teen-centric show. The girl tells the boy she never went to prom and he surprises her by recreating the prom in his living room. I seriously expect Patrick to do this.

What exactly is wrong with that?  I didn't go to my prom because my mom was sick.  When I told my then boyfriend and now husband about it (and the fact I hadn't been to high school dances for the same reason so had never danced to Stairway to Heaven) he put on Stairway to Heaven and danced with me in our living room.

I was 32 at the time and it was one of the sweetest things he's ever done.

So, I guess I'm a poor little matchgirl too - add to it I had a breast reduction and probably 'shook my cleavage in his face' at least once without realizing it, I guess I'm pathetic too.  Must be why I like Sam. [snip]

Edited by Stinger97
Boards-on-boards.
  • Love 11

He'd locked himself in with the "AJ" scrawled in blood. Which still apparently has the people of Port Charles flummoxed.

I won't lie, I've had fears that Ron might decide to save Ava and have it turn out that Connie was trying to write "A jerk I met at the bar who wouldn't take no for an answer showed up and killed me" in blood, but she just couldn't get past those first two letters. 

• Love 6

What exactly is wrong with that?  I didn't go to my prom because my mom was sick.  When I told my then boyfriend and now husband about it (and the fact I hadn't been to high school dances for the same reason so had never danced to Stairway to Heaven) he put on Stairway to Heaven and danced with me in our living room.

I was 32 at the time and it was one of the sweetest things he's ever done.

So, I guess I'm a poor little matchgirl too - add to it I had a breast reduction and probably 'shook my cleavage in his face' at least once without realizing it, I guess I'm pathetic too.  Must be why I like Sam.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I was more commenting on the fact that I think it's ridiculous for PATRICK to do for Sam. I don't hate Sam. I don't even think I've ever said a bad thing about her. I believe I said the only gripe I had with her was that I thought it'd be nice for her to show a little bit of concern/compassion for Robin's POV in the divorce. That's about it.

I think the way Patrick is going around, saying he's over Robin and ready to sex up Sam is dumb and idiotic. If I hate anything, it's that.

Patty is making out with the woman his soon-to-be-ex was trying to HELP while said soon-to-be-ex is chained to a wall. Can't make this shit up.

• Love 4

Robin!  But ugh, couldn't they have waited to do those scenes with Billy Miller?

I kept waiting for the reveal that the Sam/Patrick smooching was another Ron fantasy sequence fake-out because it seems like they skipped a couple of soapy steps there.  I know Sam put on the brakes and it happened to juxtapose with what was going on with Robin and Jason, but still.

Killing Victor seems like such a waste of an opportunity.  Did Thaao Penghlis do something to piss Ron off?  And now he's probably going to drag out Nathan's true paternity foreeeeeeeever.  Lame.

• Love 3

"I forgot there were dead bodies around." ... I have second-hand embarrassment for KSt.  Was that gun lesson supposed to be romantic?!

Good fake-out by Dr. O.

I thought maybe there would be a kiss and then Sam would pull away. I truly did not expect it to get as far as horizontal with Patrick getting Sam's shirt totally open.  Good for Sam for stopping it, for both their sakes. I hope Patrick is supposed to look like a douche for sitting up/saying the two relationships are over ...juxtaposed with Robin's position: chained to a bar on a wall in the clinic. I rolled my eyes because of course nuJason is the one to find her.  

UGH that Patrick hoped Sam would ask for a kiss when he lost the pool game. 

Anyone can tell by the guy's slight/slender build and that hair that it's NOT Steve Burton. Carrying SB's photo around in that folder is a crappy fake-out, show. 

Yeah, right - Anna and Robin are so NOT going to see each other tomorrow.

• Love 4

I won't lie, I've had fears that Ron might decide to save Ava and have it turn out that Connie was trying to write "A jerk I met at the bar who wouldn't take no for an answer showed up and killed me" in blood, but she just couldn't get past those first two letters.

I wouldn't put it past him to still try that. Or Connie was writing in Sanskrit or something.

• Love 1

So, Liesl knew Victor was never Nathan's father all along.  Whoever the real daddy is must be a total monster, at least that's the impression that Liesl gave.  I'm calling it now:  Stavros is Nathan's daddy, making Nathan the half-brother to both Nik and Britt.

• Love 2

Nah, it's probably Faison. Stavros was frozen at whatever time Nathan was born

I'm trying not to speculate too much though. I'm determined not to care lol.

There was literally no point to the Tracy/Michael scenes, except Tracy saying "and people always say what beautiful manners you have" when Michael answered the door.

Lulu hitting the nurse with paper was almost as bad as that time Sonny hit Ric with a pillow.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Robin!  But ugh, couldn't they have waited to do those scenes with Billy Miller?

I was thinking the same thing! Is it weird that I still got the feels for JnR, though!?

I hope Patrick is supposed to look like a douche for sitting up/saying the two relationships are over ...juxtaposed with Robin's position: chained to a bar on a wall in the clinic. I rolled my eyes because of course nuJason is the one to find her.  

UGH that Patrick hoped Sam would ask for a kiss when he lost the pool game. 

My problem with the story is I really don't think they're trying to make Patrick look like a dick. But, unfortunately, that's all I see. Like, he was ready to kiss Sam when they were playing pool!? Really?! Just...ugh x 23829. Sometimes I think you have to be a Robin fan in some way to see it like this. 'Cause, otherwise, most fans probably don't care.

Nah, it's probably Faison. Stavros was frozen at whatever time Nathan was born

I'm trying not to speculate too much though. I'm determined not to care lol.

There was literally no point to the Tracy/Michael scenes, except Tracy saying "and people always say what beautiful manners you have" when Michael answered the door.

Lulu hitting the nurse with paper was almost as bad as that time Sonny hit Ric with a pillow.

Why in the world would it be Faison?  She worshipped that man to the point of obsession, and wanted very much to give him a son.  Why would she have kept Nathan from him?

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 5

Nah, it's probably Faison. Stavros was frozen at whatever time Nathan was born.

I really can't see it being Faison.  Obrecht would have moved heaven and earth to present him to Faison if that was the case.

My out-there theory is that it was Mikkos Cassadine.  Or is there some other GH supervillain family Ron hasn't tapped yet?

• Love 3

I can tell by the charades that even Stand In is a better actor than Steve Burton. So much second hand embarrassment for KMc. Jason! It's a tv show! A book! A movie! No, a gun! My Gosh, what will he act out next? Were they gathering the pennies for Billy Miller? I also love the all black scrubs. Nice touch, costume person.

I'll miss Tony DiMera. If we get Valentin Cassadine, can we get Stefano DiMera to play him? Or to play Mikkos? Roger Howarth would have kicked ass at that role. I need Faison back on or something because you can't tell me that the alpha males on this show are Sonny, Emo Killer, Drunk Doctor, Not Doctor, and Bad Shooter.

Well, at least Stavros is dead.

• Love 6

I know this might belong in the wish list forum: I don't need Robin to become some sort of super awesome kickass agent, her desire and ability to save lives seems in keeping with who her family is, but her being a doctor allows to have an identity of her own, but I would have liked it if Robin was the one that could manage to get out of her restraints and break out of the room she was locked up in.

If we get Valentin Cassadine, can we get Stefano DiMera to play him? Or to play Mikkos? Roger Howarth would have kicked ass at that role.

Yes he would have, and but they stuck him as Franco. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3

I can tell by the charades that even Stand In is a better actor than Steve Burton. 

Well, at least Stavros is dead.

A - Hilarious!! B - Are we sure? I saw Dante and Stavros struggling, then in the next scene Stavros was on the floor w/eyes closed, a little bloody in what looked like his shoulder or clavicle. Did Anna say he's dead? 

• Love 1

A - Hilarious!! B - Are we sure? I saw Dante and Stavros struggling, then in the next scene Stavros was on the floor w/eyes closed, a little bloody in what looked like his shoulder or clavicle. Did Anna say he's dead? 

Knowing this show, tomorrow we'll see Helena dragging Stavs and Victor out of the burning clinic by their shirt collars as it explodes around her (which would be awesome, but c'mon).

• Love 6

Knowing this show, tomorrow we'll see Helena dragging Stavs and Victor out of the burning clinic by their shirt collars as it explodes around her (which would be awesome, but c'mon).

Probably not because it is a girl and Ron didn't create her. 

• Love 1