Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Ugh, I have so many issues with W-Th-F episodes I don’t even know where to start.

Ava – in the past, she wore the mask but some of her scars were still visible on the “good” side of her face.  Suddenly those are all gone?  Even if she had some miraculous surgery, wouldn’t there be scarring from that?  It might fade, but what’s up with half her face covered, half her face perfect?

Jason’s escape – forgetting how ridiculous it is that he McGuyvered out of the handcuffs, I noticed that he was barefoot.  I wondered how he’d escape, make his way thru Russia and back to Port Charles without shoes.  So when he knocked out the other guy, I figured, okay, he’ll take those shoes.  BUT HE DIDN’T.  The guy still had them on when Jason escaped.  In that last scene where he is running thru the halls, he didn’t look barefoot anymore but I couldn’t be sure.  In any case, did he knock someone else out for their shoes?  Perhaps he wanted something more stylish?

AssManLanders, Maxie, Spinellii, etc. – the stupid, it hurts!! Who really gives a shit?  And, I know she has been ill, and its not PC to say this, but KS is still not looking that great.  She put on some weight, which she desperately needed, and it looks good on her, but she has some serious chipmunk cheeks going on (which may be a result of medication, I realize), but damn, that haircut is doing her no favors.  Also didn’t like her dress or makeup on Friday

Parker/Kristzzzzzzz…….wake me up when they are over….. also, MBA?  Excuse me, but she dropped out of her undergraduate program at Wesleyan.  Did she finish that degree via correspondence course?  Or maybe Dr. Bench got her into an accelerated program as well?   And, if Parker is teaching undergraduates (since Molly is her student), would being involved with a graduate student really raise any eyebrows?  Also, we are only a few weeks into the semester - how does she have her grades already?

Sam/Jason/Franco/Liz – same amount of annoyance as usual.

Nelle/Michael – potential to get interesting, but we are a long way from that.

Jason/Drew breaking up with Carly and Sonny – “its not you, it’s me”. 

And I agree with whoever said SB is looking old - he really is

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Krissy's failing school, in September?  After mid-terms, maybe.  And when did she have time to find a tutor, let alone be tutored?

The writers are so inconsistent about Krsitina's education. And that retcon was so ridiculous. She never completed undergrad.

She dropped out of Yale during 2011-2012, skipped out of college for 2012-2013, attended Wesleyan 2013-2014 and 2014-2015, and got suspended (with abysmal grades, might I add) during 2015-2016. They told her she could return in the following year (2016-2017), but she didn't.

And now she drops out of PCU one month into the school year? Because she's failing??? Do the writers not know that this character is the same girl who got straight A's throughout all four years of HS, and graduated with above a 4.0? You don't just lose that kind of brilliance so radically, jesus christ.

And what kind of message is that sending to young women? Drop your education to engage in a romance that is 101% likely not to last? Awful, awful writing.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

The writers are so inconsistent about Krsitina's education. And that retcon was so ridiculous. She never completed undergrad.

She dropped out of Yale during 2011-2012, skipped out of college for 2012-2013, attended Wesleyan 2013-2014 and 2014-2015, and got suspended (with abysmal grades, might I add) during 2015-2016. They told her she could return in the following year (2016-2017), but she didn't.

And now she drops out of PCU one month into the school year? Because she's failing??? Do the writers not know that this character is the same girl who got straight A's throughout all four years of HS, and graduated with above a 4.0? You don't just lose that kind of brilliance so radically, jesus christ.

And what kind of message is that sending to young women? Drop your education to engage in a romance that is 101% likely not to last? Awful, awful writing.

It's like they read the boards and decided to write this in as an excuse to be chastised less for having her drop again.   Because on the boards many of us kept saying they should've had her major in business and were complaining about her having dropped out the second time when that was more than enough time in real life time for her to have gotten her degree  especially as a character who was said to have already gone in with college credits and taken summer and winter courses.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

I noticed that he was barefoot.  I wondered how he’d escape, make his way thru Russia and back to Port Charles without shoes.  So when he knocked out the other guy, I figured, okay, he’ll take those shoes.  BUT HE DIDN’T.  The guy still had them on when Jason escaped.  In that last scene where he is running thru the halls, he didn’t look barefoot anymore but I couldn’t be sure.  In any case, did he knock someone else out for their shoes?  Perhaps he wanted something more stylish?

Maybe all the guys had feet smaller than his mother's(™Die Hard).

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

So when he knocked out the other guy, I figured, okay, he’ll take those shoes.  BUT HE DIDN’T. 

Since the real Jason Morgan can't read maps due to his brain injury, perhaps he can't untie shoelaces.  Or they didn't want to take that long filming while he took the shoes.  They could have shown guy on bed shoeless, though, when the doctor returned.

Speaking of doctors, is creepy Bensch seriously all they have to throw at Alexis?  Because even with all Julian's flaws, that is one giant step down. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Jason’s escape – forgetting how ridiculous it is that he McGuyvered out of the handcuffs, I noticed that he was barefoot.  I wondered how he’d escape, make his way thru Russia and back to Port Charles without shoes.  So when he knocked out the other guy, I figured, okay, he’ll take those shoes.  BUT HE DIDN’T.  The guy still had them on when Jason escaped.  In that last scene where he is running thru the halls, he didn’t look barefoot anymore but I couldn’t be sure.  In any case, did he knock someone else out for their shoes?  Perhaps he wanted something more stylish?

In the promo for Monday he was running through the streets of Russia barefoot so no it doesn't seem like he took anyone's shoes. So nasty!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Molly being a student of Parker's should be a problem for Parker and Kristina, but of course the show ignore this.

Not really. I guess if Parker had morals it would be a problem for her being conflicted with how she grades Molly in her course. But then again she would've never slept with Kristina. The problem for them should've been her being so much older and in a position of authority over Kristina but they ignored that to make Kristina the pursuer. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I remember watching a retrospective about the original Halloween film from 1978, and John Carpenter and Debra Hill (director and co-screenwriters/co-producers, respectively) were talking about how the guy who played adult Michael Myers/"The Shape," who does nothing except wear a mask and coveralls and go around killing people, very little that anyone could call "acting," did such a great job.  Hill said that in the first sequel (which had an early screen appearance by daytime legend Billy Warlock), they got a stuntman to take that guy's place, but it just wasn't the same.  

That's what I think of whenever I hear anyone saying that no one else can ever equal Steve Burton as Jason. It hardly seems like he'd be a tough act to follow, given how one-note Jason was, but I guess I get it. I never thought for a moment, when SB was announced as returning, that he would be playing anyone else. All that stuff about computer simulations, brain scans, DNA, and Spinelli recognizing his butt ...it was written when Billy Miller had to be Jason for the story to be sold to the audience. Now this isn't the case anymore, so they can throw aside their new toy. They will write their way out of it or ignore it. The Killy fanatics need to just deal. Sam is going to have children by two different men, and probably will be torn between Real Jason and Fake Jason, and at least one of them is going to be sleeping with someone else.  

I hope Sam dies a painful death before ever getting back together with SBu’s Jason. 

Im not a Jason fan but I much prefer BM in the role because the writers not knowing what exactly to do with him gave his Jason a chance to grow, something SBu’s Jason never got to do. Having SBu back will just put Jason where he have been since becoming Jason Morgan. It’s been years and no matter how horrible the writing these characters have grown. Robin, Liz, Sam,Monica, Michael, Sonny and Carly(though very very very little)Jake, Danny, Spinelli, etc.. have all grown in some way or another and yet they will bring SBu’s Jason back just to be S&C’s “yes men” again. 

Nothing will change except the story will be dragged out longer than normal. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

In the promo for Monday he was running through the streets of Russia barefoot so no it doesn't seem like he took anyone's shoes. So nasty!

ugh, I was hoping I was wrong.  I watch on Hulu (36 minutes, no commercials, I'll never go back to cable again!) so I don't get the previouslies or previews

• Love 3

Nothing in the man landers story makes sense. The publisher is okay with Nathan saying he's man landers why didn't they have her say you bugged me for anonymity. 

Why didn't Felicia and Mac ask Nathan what made him start writing this advice? How did have time to write this?

Why is spinelli the only one who wonders why Amy is his manager?

What happened to Dillon being the crimson photographer?

The whole story is stupid. 

• Love 3

I'm waiting for something to happen that makes Lauren drop out of her accelerated med school program. This show really has it in for women and higher education.

I never forgave the show for killing Georgie who was doing great in school and looking forward to studying aboard when the show had her killed by Diego. 

Right now Molly is continuing her education without letting any of the nonsense of her family to take her eyes off the prize. And unlike her sisters and mother, she can have a loving and stable relationship with her boyfriend who is also devoted to his studies without it effecting her future and dreams for herself. I hope Molly and TJ are spared the curse of the other young people on the show that failed to finish college and just fell into a career.

• Love 12

Jesus God! My friend just informed me that Dr. Bensch is Max from OLTL. I'm like, NO WAY! YOU MEAN TINA RUNNING INTO THE CHURCH DURING HIS WEDDING MAX?!?! I had no freaking idea! I'm like, girl, first of all, we are OLD, and second I don't remember him being this wooden of an actor. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, teenj12 said:

nd now she drops out of PCU one month into the school year? Because she's failing??? Do the writers not know that this character is the same girl who got straight A's throughout all four years of HS, and graduated with above a 4.0? You don't just lose that kind of brilliance so radically

Sonny's genes kicked in.

13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Didn't he want Jason to be that way though?

That's what I remember.  He liked Stone Cold over med school Jason.  You reap what you sow.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

I never forgave the show for killing Georgie who was doing great in school and looking forward to studying aboard when the show had her killed by Diego. 

Right now Molly is continuing her education without letting any of the nonsense of her family to take her eyes off the prize. And unlike her sisters and mother, she can have a loving and stable relationship with her boyfriend who is also devoted to his studies without it effecting her future and dreams for herself. I hope Molly and TJ are spared the curse of the other young people on the show that failed to finish college and just fell into a career.

Molly is in school only because they have no urge to write a story for her. Did they ever reveal her major? And throwijng her at PCU was lazy when they painted her as advanced for her age as a child. If anything she should be attending an ivy league school.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Jesus God! My friend just informed me that Dr. Bensch is Max from OLTL. I'm like, NO WAY! YOU MEAN TINA RUNNING INTO THE CHURCH DURING HIS WEDDING MAX?!?! I had no freaking idea! I'm like, girl, first of all, we are OLD, and second I don't remember him being this wooden of an actor. 

Oh man. I'm old too. That's Max? *sigh* 

Dr. Bensch makes some weird faces and eye movements.

This is what I thought of when I first saw the good doctor...

"I'm afraid you're just too darned loud."

Great cameo.

Huey-Lewis-back-ti-the-future.png

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not yet; according to this article, he'll be on through October.

Thanks DUBBLE ZOUT

20 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Ugh, I have so many issues with W-Th-F episodes I don’t even know where to start

When I first read this my mind thought W-Th-F = What The F**k. 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:22 PM, Vella said:

Franco talks about how important art is and Liz stands there silent, because, you know, art means nothing to HER.

He be mansplainin' Art to the chick. And she be all ears because, you know, he's her MAN and all. Big Daddy who keeps her satisfied as long as she adores.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:07 AM, dubbel zout said:

I'm waiting for something to happen that makes Lauren drop out of her accelerated med school program. This show really has it in for women and higher education.

Oh but no less a character than Franco is paying for Kiki's medical education. I missed why, unless it is part of his random reparations to women for his past SERIAL KILLER deeds.

Oh and how convenient that part of Freako's giveaway includes funding for an art therapy program at GH. Guess who will probably chair it?

• Love 1

So, going by what I've seen in the past month, this is what I've noticed was rewritten:

-Jason's entire birth story and death and resurrection 

- Franco's reasons for being a murdering murderer.  It was for art, then because of a brain tumor,  now it's linked to Jason because imaginary friend 

- Kristina finished college,  despite dropping out 50 times and getting expelled once.  She mentioned one day going to grad school.  Um okay.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, jodie said:

Nothing in the man landers story makes sense. The publisher is okay with Nathan saying he's man landers why didn't they have her say you bugged me for anonymity. 

IIRC, the launch party was where the big reveal was going to happen. Maxie had her plan with all those other masked men, but then Spinelli wrecked it because he's an asshole.

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:
On 9/30/2017 at 9:48 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Didn't he want Jason to be that way though?

That's what I remember.  He liked Stone Cold over med school Jason.  You reap what you sow.

Just the trappings changed; instead of being boring, reindeer-sweatered, goody-goody Jason, he's now boring, leather-jacketed, blue T-shirted killer Jason. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, In2You said:

Molly is in school only because they have no urge to write a story for her. Did they ever reveal her major? And throwijng her at PCU was lazy when they painted her as advanced for her age as a child. If anything she should be attending an ivy league school.

If they weren't going to bother using her anyway she should've been installed in an Ivy. She could take classes at PCU during the summer which is when they usually do the younger stories anyway

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Which might've made sense with Danny because of the kidnapping/Heather shenanigans - although, I think they had KeMo just toting him around most of the time.  But it doesn't make sense anymore - I thought they were getting the kid a nanny?  Also - how long has Molly been an undergrad?

OK, let's see how this works:  Billy Martin's Jason will heretofore be known as Drew and was held for who knows how long by Helena Cassadine who just happens to have extensive Russian family connection.  Steve Burton's Jason will heretofore be known as JasonQ is currently being held in the Russian clinic by Valentin Cassadine or by the Russian Mafia in a soon to be realized action against Sonny,  Drew and JasonQ are previously unknown identical twins.  Drew looks like Billy Martin because he was hit by a car driven by Ava Jerome after Robin got him out of the clinic run by Helena Cassadine and had dropped him off at Sonny's doorstep where he was recaptured by the bad guys (Sonny none the wiser). 

Chrissy Corinthos-Davis looks and acts like a high school student -- totally sophomoric.  She has that 'I know what is best for me and it is whatever I want at any given time attitude' so dangerous in the teen years because it warps the ability to use actually logic in making decisions. 

I am so hoping that when Burton leaves again he takes Sam with him.  Enough of the tears and snot and whispers.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Which might've made sense with Danny because of the kidnapping/Heather shenanigans - although, I think they had KeMo just toting him around most of the time.  But it doesn't make sense anymore - I thought they were getting the kid a nanny?  Also - how long has Molly been an undergrad?

On 9/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, ciarra said:

So are they going to write Dillon out by putting him in a Moroccan prison?

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't know, but I would have an easier time believing her as a graduate student, then Kristina

• Love 1
19 hours ago, nilyank said:

Georgie was a legacy character that had so much potential and killing her off was a disgrace.  Georgie, Robin and Maxie has such great "sister chemistry", not to mention the father/daughter chemistry Mac (the bestest dad EVER) has with his girls.  Imagine if Georgie became a research scientist at GH but was secretly a WSB agent.  This would have brought a lot of non-mob related intrigue to the show.   Mac, Maxie and  Robin could each figure out that Georgie is more than a mild mannered researcher and assist her with her assignments.  Mac's girls all have parents who are international spies and Mac has always assisted Robert and Anna's in their assignments. That and the everyday domestic drama of Mac and his girls would provide endless storyline possibilities.  What a waste.

• Love 7

Uh, it's Dillon with an I. 

Wait, Kristina is working towards her MBA? She already earned her bachelor's degree? Maybe I forgot. Or maybe this was another stupid hoodwink from the writers because they noticed viewers were displeased with the age difference between her and Parker. (?)

Jason/Pt#6 was supposedly getting frequent ketamine injections, yet he was able to HulkSmash all the time? The Superhuman Jason shit is so tired. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Or maybe this was another stupid hoodwink from the writers because they noticed viewers were displeased with the age difference between her and Parker. (?)

No, it was probably because the writers realized Kristina had been to three universities without getting a degree, so they insta-graduated her and shoved her into business school. (Which is really hard, yo!) Her age hasn't changed. 

As long as Lexi Ainsworth plays Kristina, the age difference is never going to look anything other than creepy. It's not her fault she looks 14, but it's not helpful in this story at all.

• Love 5

Been watching GH for so many years now and I cant remember being so frustrated with all the story lines.  There is no sense of "relationship" with any characters.  All the stories have some element of nonsense or darkness to them.  How about story lines about real life instead of so much unrealistic BS!  Its hard to be connected to any of these story lines when we cant relate to them.  

Anyone else feel the same?

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Anyone else feel the same?

Yes.  There's no real emotional connection because everything is so shallow and written to get to the end point where Sonny/Carly/Jason are Olympian gods instead of organic storytelling.

And most of the stories are so obvious, they're boring.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, LadyDot said:

I am so hoping that when Burton leaves again he takes Sam with him.  Enough of the tears and snot and whispers.

I could put up with her if they got her a decent wardrobe.  The Flashdance look was bad in the 80's.  No need to bring it back.  And don't get me started on "did you forget your pants?" leggings.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

I could put up with her if they got her a decent wardrobe.  The Flashdance look was bad in the 80's.  No need to bring it back.  And don't get me started on "did you forget your pants?" leggings.

That bugs me almost as much as Brenda's long sleeves that always came down over her fingertips.  UGH

• Love 2

NLG must not be feeling it, she was much smoother seducing Mason back on SB 100 years ago, and we were both much younger then.

The Nellie story is passing the very silly point, plus the actress needed so many drops in her eyes to fake cry the redness made my eyes sting just watching her. Of all the stuff going on to make Mikey realize there are issues, this is what catches his eye?

We missed 10 minutes here for a shooting update, and I literally didn't miss anything on the show... this thing could be a half hour show with no problems

• Love 1

I know it's because Ava needed to cross paths with OG Jason, but it took until now for him to escape the clinic? It's not as if Ava were indispensable to his leaving.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't with Nelle, even her lies are boring/make no sense.

This is our "bad girl."

• Love 6

I don't know what they're trying to do with Nelle. It's obvious she didn't kill Zach, but the show insists on pretending she did by this dumb ring stuff and the rest of it. To what end? Bobbie and Carly aren't going to magically like Nelle when they find out she really was innocent.  

Then there's this ridiculous Ava story. She was warned multiple times that she had to stay away from Patient 6, and now that there are consequences, she's claiming ignorance? Am I supposed to feel sorry for her?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

and now that there are consequences, she's claiming ignorance? Am I supposed to feel sorry for her?

Right?  She watched Kline shoot up Six mutliple times with a horse sedative yet she doesn't think he'll do anything to her for interfering?  

• Love 4

Why take a hot and sexy actor like MC and debut his character as a priest?!  Why?!  Why waste all of that sexiness on a half-ass developed character and tie him to a dead man?!  

SBu looks great!  If I squint real hard, maybe that will be easier to not notice the age difference between Jason, Fake Jason and serial killer Franco all being born at the same time.  Sheesh.  The writers just keep on slapping Franco in story that should never be his and not killing his ass off, permanently.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

NLG must not be feeling it, she was much smoother seducing Mason back on SB 100 years ago, and we were both much younger then.

And, you know (I know mileage varies), Mason and Julia were actually a couple with some chemistry and passion...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

SBu looks great!  If I squint real hard, maybe that will be easier to not notice the age difference between Jason, Fake Jason and serial killer Franco all being born at the same time.

I think they can explain away the apparent age difference by saying Billy Miller's Jason looks younger because of all the plastic surgery he had after Ava hit him with her car.  His face is brand new.  :)

• Love 6

I can't believe I'm siding with Nelle.  Zach gave her the ring, it's hers, whether it was an heirloom or not.   Had they split up, it would have been the same deal -- the family wouldn't get the ring back.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I can't believe I'm siding with Nelle.  Zach gave her the ring, it's hers, whether it was an heirloom or not.   Had they split up, it would have been the same deal -- the family wouldn't get the ring back.

Breakup can be a bit if a murky issue. But the fact is this: Zach died. They didn't breakup. They were engaged. And she can keep the ring if she wants it. Yeah, it would be nice for Nell to give it back. But hey, they decided to be assholes to her and they EXPECT HER TO PLAY NICE IN RETURN? Nope. If I were Nell, I'd keep that ring too. If they want it that badly, then they should've thought about that. Hell, once Nell gets married, I'd be a real bitch and have a jeweler turn it into a pendant or brooch. And I don't even like Nell. Fuck off St Michael. You don't get to tell Nell how she should act with her late fiancée's family. Or how she should just give away the last object she has to remind herself of someone she loved.

Dear lord. This Jason crap is even worse than I feared. Shut up Ava.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Dear lord. This Jason crap is even worse than I feared. Shut up Ava.

The split screen phone call at the end had me cracking me:

OGJason: Who dis?

DrewYoureNew: No, who DIS?

OGJason: I asked you first.

DYN: But you called me.

Silence for next 40 minutes, aka a typical Jason ~conversation.

• Love 11