Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I love how now that she's "cured," she's back to defending Sonny, defending Jason running every time Sonny so much as sighs too deeply ("Sonny is like fahhhh-mily.  Just because Jason ~quit the business doesn't mean he has to quit Sonny.  Why does everyone except me and Carly and Sonny have so much trouble understanding that????").

Sam is written as a completely confused blathering fool. It is indeed bitterly ironic that the only time she thought clearly about Sonny and his bad effect on her life and family was during the time she had "brain illness".

And I get so SICK AND TIRED of Sonny whining that he wants out, out, out of the mob--and assuming if that happens he will be free to start over with a refreshed, simple and easy life with Carly and friends and family. He never considers the dangerous and wrong choices and acts he did all those years in the mob when he was profiting and enjoying the power and privileges. He's expecting to have, unearned, a clean slate and no debts to pay, real or karmic. A good beginning that the show missed would have been to make Max die in a painful, violent, bloody way. Sonny would have had to accept the shock and pain of his long time associate's death, and he would have to answer to an angry, grieving Diane. (Diane's shoulder shrug at Max's promotion and future in the mob should come back and bite her, hard. Diane has made a lot of blood money from mob business, and she needs to see the downside of that close association.)

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

This guy killed her son and is responsible for a bullet sitting in the chest of another.  She behaved saintly.

It's great  that he wasn't worth acknowledging. But after how Carly's choices have negatively impacted both Jason and AJ over many years (including helping the guy who killed her son AJ!!), Monica has been friendly to/ thanking her on at least one occasion. So I had no idea how she would react, or not, to Sonny this time. 

• Love 3

Coming out of lurking while I'm watching this show and the thought came to mind of Jason or Sonny drinking liquids and it just comes pouring out of the multiple bullet wounds they seem to survive.

There should at least be a pattern on their chest, something..

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

. A good beginning that the show missed would have been to make Max die in a painful, violent, bloody way. Sonny would have had to accept the shock and pain of his long time associate's death, and he would have to answer to an angry, grieving Diane. (Diane's shoulder shrug at Max's promotion and future in the mob should come back and bite her, hard. Diane has made a lot of blood money from mob business, and she needs to see the downside of that close association.)

The writing for Sonny nowadays (and MB's acting) wouldn't really care if Max died, aside from the  usual 'I'm going to make X pay for coming after me' and what to do about the role Max played in his life. He also doesn't  care about Diane's thoughts, feelings or opinions when they're not about getting him, or an associate like Jason, out of legal trouble.  The only reason he cared as much as he did about Duke's death is because super evil mortal enemy Julian was responsible, so he could rant over and over and over again about big bad Julian (meanwhile, Sonny's responsible for ... how many deaths over the years)?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

He's expecting to have, unearned, a clean slate and no debts to pay, real or karmic. A good beginning that the show missed would have been to make Max die in a painful, violent, bloody way.

Like Duke?  Because all Sonny did was blame Julian.  It wasn't Sonny's fault that he put Duke in charge. 

I like FinAnna much better than HayFin.  Hayden, with her doe eyes, should stay gone.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4
On 8/31/2017 at 4:32 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I will be beyond shocked if SBu is anything but the real Jason. I could see BM being Jason's twin, but I am like 99% sure SBu is going to be Jason. It'd be kinda of hilarious if he's not though.

I'm not here for Sam being "drawn to" SB' s character.  Nor am I here for twins with, like a good few inches of height and ten years in age apart.  And god.  They will put Franco in every story, no?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

So are they going to write Dillon out by putting him in a Moroccan prison?

Ugh, I just had a thought that he'll somehow take the rap for Nelle. Tracy would love that.

8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Diane has made a lot of blood money from mob business, and she needs to see the downside of that close association.

She's seen it, but money is more important, or at least it was before she and Max started seeing each other. I think Diane has some false idea that because Max is just a flunky, he won't get seriously hurt. Or something like that. She's pretty blasé about the danger he faces. Not that I really care, because I love Diane. Her relationship with Max is perfect because 99 percent of it is offscreen.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So are they going to write Dillon out by putting him in a Moroccan prison?

I REJECT THIS! So, naturally, I bet it happens. Why not spit on one of the few members left in the Q family for a nobody like Nelle?

• Love 8

how much shoe polish is on sonnys head? the man is in his 50s. whats wrong with showing some grey hair?

roger howarth still doesnt wash his hair.

if cameron was sorased he would be old enough to watch his brothers.

finn looks more alive with anna.

jason should be a vegetable after multiple brain surgeries and gunshot wounds.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, lor said:

how much shoe polish is on sonnys head? the man is in his 50s. whats wrong with showing some grey hair?

Right? Thing is, Maurice Benard actually looks really good when he lets the gray show. Remember when he grew the salt-n-pepper beard? I took a second from my typical Sonny loathing to think "hello there, Mo." I wonder if it's MB's vanity or a character choice.

• Love 8

I just finished catching up on the week's episodes. My random thoughts...

• On Wednesday's episode, Carly was the 85th person to hit Like on Michael's selfie with Nelle. Carly's creepy interest in the photo aside, Michael has 84 friends?? What? 
  • I understand that KeMo has mild hearing loss in one ear. However, it may be time for a trip to the Miracle Ear shop because her monotone mumbling is barely audible. I can't see how the sound guys/gals on set aren't asking her to please speak up. She threw them a couple bones during the shooting scene; she managed to increase her volume for a handful of her lines (no less boring, though). And when BM speaks, he sounds like he has spit pooled around his bottom teeth. 
  • Sure, the Assman Landers story is pretty lame, but I have to say that I thought KS acted those scenes well this week. Her facial expressions and her timing were realistic. 
  • To add a little "friend" flavoring to the Alexis-Diane scene, they should have had Diane inject a little realism (on-screen, so viewers know it actually happened) and say something like, "I'm sorry, Alexis, I wasn't thinking. You're under stress too and the BAR is the last place I should have asked you to come to. And, I'm drinking in front of you. We're friends; be honest with me." Then, either Alexis could say she's fine with it and not feeling tempted, or Diane could say she doesn't need the booze and get club soda, or they could have a 'friend' moment and head over to Kelly's for some ice cream.
  • Jake looks much better with a big boy haircut.
  • Love 11

As much as Guza and RC ticked me off at times, I really miss not commenting daily on GH.  For whatever reason, Shelly and their crew take the fun out of being a soap opera fan!

If the Tale of two Jason's turns into another round of Franco redemption and trying to connect his ass to Jason Morgan/SBu via some bullshit twin crap, FV and Varni's ass should be fired! 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

her monotone mumbling

I've seen some comments here and there from some people that they hope KMo phones it in if they pair her back with Steve Burton. I mean . . . if she's not phoning it in now, then when she actually phones it in, is she just going to straight-up lie down on the floor?

ETA: I do think she's fine during her emotional scenes. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

I've seen some comments here and there from some people that they hope KMo phones it in if they pair her back with Steve Burton. I mean . . . if she's not phoning it in now, then when she actually phones it in, is she just going to straight-up lie down on the floor?

ETA: I do think she's fine during her emotional scenes. 

Why?  SBu saved KeMo's ass from the unemployment line in 2004 and she should be happy to work with the man.  However, I have zero interest in seeing SBu pushed back into another round of JaSam!

• Love 3

I didn't think the show could find a more lame story than Assman Landers, but the stolen necklace almost beats that. Set in the Loveboat ambiance of the current episodes, it seemed even more like a Loveboat episode after entangling all the romances going on.

• Love 2
On 9/2/2017 at 2:07 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Sonny would have had to accept the shock and pain of his long time associate's death

Why??  His own family members have been killed because of him and he still accepts no blame.  Max dying would be no different.  It would be someone else's fault, as always.  Saint Sonny, such a selfless soul staying in the Mob for the betterment of humanity. <eyeroll>

• Love 7

Anna and André looked like they were meeting on the terrace off the Q mansion. Instead it's Sonnybucks. Was that set always so elaborate? 

Wow, way to be an ugly American, Nina. Sheesh. I hope she's banned from Morocco for life. Also, major LOL that no one but Dillon really cared that Nelle spent the night in a Moroccan prison. "Maybe get a massage," says Nina (offscreen!).

And Dillon is again being a little controlling about Lauren. STFU about her work.

I know losing a young patient is especially tough, but Marisol can't have been Griffin's first. If sobbing and lashing out—in public—is how he handles that, he needs some retraining and counseling, stat. Instead of making him look compassionate, I thought it made him look super unprofessional. He still could have gone to the gym and worked the speed bag while shirtless.

Good, we got a line drawn under Rebecca Budig leaving. I can't lie: I totally cracked up with the dual RB/Finn crying shots, especially the one of him on the couch clutching the sonogram photo.

Dr. Bensch letting Lauren trail him on rounds is hilarious. Thinking someone's hand trembling was because of nerves isn't exactly a giant leap of intelligence. To her credit, Lauren knows she has no business diagnosing patients. And I'm with everyone who finds this relationship creepy. I'm just waiting for Bensch to shove Lauren into a supply closet and attack her.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Good, we got a line drawn under Rebecca Budig leaving. I can't lie: I totally cracked up with the dual RB/Finn crying shots, especially the one of him on the couch clutching the sonogram photo.

I didn't see today, but I'm glad to hear they wrapped it up.  I was worried the search for her was going to be a long, drawn-out thing.

ETA...I AM seeing on Twitter that Rebecca Budig changed her name again and now it's Madison FORD?  Oh Frank, you troll you.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I'm finding myself liking Dr. Kiki, because it's nice to see a female character pursuing something other than a man. I don't mind Dr. Bensch and don't see anything unprofessional about his behavior so far, but I think it's a given that will change in due time. Things are too easy for Kiki right now. 

Can Anna do something other than try to foil Valentin? Please? At one time I was into it, but I'm so ready for her to do something else. At least give her a proper love interest so she's not so fixated on Valentin.

I knew Hayden was lying about the baby, because she's nothing if not consistently terrible. But it's also a convenient way to leave the door open for the actress/character to return. ME's crying was ridiculous and fantastic at the same time. I loved how he amped up the melodrama by pressing the ultrasound picture to his heart.

It was worth having to sit through the Misfortune of Marisol's Mortality to get that shot of Griffin at the gym. At this point in his career he probably should not be so devastated about a patient dying, but I'm not going to quibble. On a show that provides more sex scenes of Franco and Sonny than ever necessary, I'm accepting every shirtless Griffin scene as restitution. 

• Love 9

While I definitely appreciate seeing Andre in well fitting jeans and a not too snug but flattering t-shirt, I don't get why a psychiatrist is doing recon work for Anna on a gang of jewel thieves who may or may not be connected to Quasimodo.

So is Hayden gone for good or is she just 'gone for good'? I can never really tell with these fools.

And finally, SOMEONE is having no problem wanting to stare at Griff and jump his bones. It is flat out ridiculous it's taken this long for anyone, male or female, to want to jump his bones.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 5

Do people really throw their passports in hotel room wastepaper baskets? Even if they want to disappear?

So lame.

Just like Anna running around with a practically priceless loose diamond in her pocket??

I REALLY like when Valentin speaks French. REALLY. Nina, at least the dude took charge. Not like these other wimpy soap guys. He's a Cassadine, for Pete's sake.

Ew. That doctor Kiki is shadowing gives me a creepy vibe. Forget his name.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3

The way Hayden left Finn, it was like Soap Opera Writing 101:  How NOT to write off a character.

So now Anna is wearing a cold shoulder dress?  The colour was nice on her but I am so over the cold shoulders thing at this point. I think it was Samantha Bee who said "I paid for the shirt. Give me the whole damn shirt."

As much as I love Valentine speaking French, I wish the actor would stop mumbling it. The only part I caught was the end when he told that poor policeman to leave now or he is going to regret it.

50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Dr. Bensch letting Lauren trail him on rounds is hilarious. Thinking someone's hand trembling was because of nerves isn't exactly a giant leap of intelligence. To her credit, Lauren knows she has no business diagnosing patients. And I'm with everyone who finds this relationship creepy. I'm just waiting for Bensch to shove Lauren into a supply closet and attack her.

He is so inappropriate.  He's treating her like a fourth year medical student that he's training instead of someone still trying to get into a pre-med program.  And Kiki, poor fool, is just lapping it up. Does she have daddy issues that she's so needy around older men?  (still angry that she didn't kick Sonny in the you know because of how he's treating her mother)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Just like Anna running around with a practically priceless loose diamond in her pocket??

Just like a "valuable" necklace (that looks like part of the Burger King treasure) thrown in with a bunch of costume junk jewellery?  And everyone isn't tearing the room apart to find it?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Linny said:

ME's crying was ridiculous and fantastic at the same time. I loved how he amped up the melodrama by pressing the ultrasound picture to his heart. 

Oh gawd, I'm having flashbacks to John McBain and his File Folder of Pain.  Whatever, bro.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

She said there was a complication with the baby and it didn't survive so Finn has no ties with her anymore.

Thanks, nilyank. The countdown to when the baby is SORASed and returns—angry as hell and with a chip on his/her shoulder—looking for Finn begins.

16 hours ago, ciarra said:

Just like a "valuable" necklace (that looks like part of the Burger King treasure) thrown in with a bunch of costume junk jewellery?  And everyone isn't tearing the room apart to find it?

Hey, now! Dillon said he and the makeup person looked through everything very thoroughly.

Edited by dubbel zout
missing word
  • Love 2

I'm glad I decided to watch today's ep after I haven't watched in like 2 weeks because the ME crying scenes were glorious.

Yea, I'm getting major creep-o vibes from Bensch. I really hope they don't go there though becasue, even though this stuff with Kiki is unbelievable and ridiculous, I kinda enjoy it.

I skipped most of the Griffin stuff. Boring. But I did watch him shirtless punching, of course.

I kinda liked the Nina/Valentin scenes. I feel like I'm just desperate for romance/sex that doesn't involve Sonny or Franco though.

I feel bad about it, but I really can not watch Anna when FH has on v-neck tops.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

As much as I love James DePaiva, Dr. Bensch's interest in Kiki is clearly going to turn into a sexual harassment storyline, which if done correctly could be great, but nahhh, they'll make it salacious and gross. I was thinking how much I would really like this storyline if it had been a woman doctor taking a genuine interest in mentoring Kiki not because she wants to get her in bed but because she just believes in supporting other women in the field. Much like the way Monica took Bobbie Spencer under her wing a million years ago and helped and encouraged her to become a surgical nurse. Instead we'll get some dumb thing where Bensch gets increasingly inappropriate, Kiki tells no one until it's almost too late, and then Dillon rescues her. Feh.

Valentin's French sounded completely fake today. It was Joey Tribbiani French. I am almost certain he whispered "je te floop flee" to the Moroccan cop.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, I'm having flashbacks to John McBain and his File Folder of Pain.  Whatever, bro.

I hated McBain's stupid tattoo on OLTL and I still hate it now. Sad to see it appear today.

And I like the claddagh but not that tat.

37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Thanks, nilyank. The countdown to when the baby is SORASed and returns—angry as hell and with a chip on his/her shoulder—looking for Finn begins.

Hey, now! Dillon said he and the makeup person looked through every very thoroughly.

I've been out of the loop but didn't really realize what a douche Dillon is.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

As much as I love James DePaiva, Dr. Bensch's interest in Kiki is clearly going to turn into a sexual harassment storyline, which if done correctly could be great, but nahhh, they'll make it salacious and gross. I was thinking how much I would really like this storyline if it had been a woman doctor taking a genuine interest in mentoring Kiki not because she wants to get her in bed but because she just believes in supporting other women in the field. Much like the way Monica took Bobbie Spencer under her wing a million years ago and helped and encouraged her to become a surgical nurse. Instead we'll get some dumb thing where Bensch gets increasingly inappropriate, Kiki tells no one until it's almost too late, and then Dillon rescues her. Feh.

Valentin's French sounded completely fake today. It was Joey Tribbiani French. I am almost certain he whispered "je te floop flee" to the Moroccan cop.

Lol Valentine's French. I still love it though. He is so sexy to me. Love Joey too.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Instead we'll get some dumb thing where Bensch gets increasingly inappropriate, Kiki tells no one until it's almost too late, and then Dillon rescues her. Feh.

Oh, if anyone saves Kiki just before it's almost too late, it'll be her surrogate daddy/SERIAL KILLER bestie Franco, barf.  And the Friz fanatics are already making the "Look out, Dr. Bensch, Franco will lock you in a cage!" "jokes" on Twitter.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, if anyone saves Kiki just before it's almost too late, it'll be her surrogate daddy/SERIAL KILLER bestie Franco, barf.

Oh god, you're right. For a minute there, I had mercifully forgotten that Franco existed.

• Love 6

Did they seriously say that Nelly spent the night in a Moroccan jail?  Because the girl never left where they were staying.  Not one hair was out of place, either.  Too much trouble to build a jail set, after spending all the money on billowy curtains for ValentNina's Moroccan love nest?

Perhaps Griffin should consider a different career if he goes to pieces every time he has a critical patient.

8 hours ago, Vella said:

I don't get why a psychiatrist is doing recon work for Anna on a gang of jewel thieves who may or may not be connected to Quasimodo.

I don't get why Andre is on this show.  He was moderately good with Morgan, but he just doesn't fit in anywhere.

I've never seen the guy playing Dr. Bensch on other shows, but he's so incredibly old-school soap opera hammy.  He says something in a dramatic voice, and you wait for the "dun dun DUN" organ music in the background. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know losing a young patient is especially tough, but Marisol can't have been Griffin's first. If sobbing and lashing out—in public—is how he handles that, he needs some retraining and counseling, stat. Instead of making him look compassionate, I thought it made him look super unprofessional.

This. I dislike that trope in doctor shows. I felt the same way whenever ER did it (usually with Noah Wyle's character). I get that the audience is supposed to conclude that the character cares and has a heart and his patients are human beings to him!, but I always think it's far-fetched and over the top, and that such a person would have been an emotional burnout by the end of the third year of medical school.  

A badly planned show today, in my opinion. Too many low-interest stories were clustered together. One or two of them would be okay as filler, but they were all that way. More on the search for Hayden, when anyone following news about the show knows the actress is gone; the continued existence of André; the tragedy of day player Marisol; the mentoring of Kiki; and oh, thank God, they found that sapphire necklace that Nelle was suspected for ten minutes of having stolen. There was nothing even really to enjoy hate-watching.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

the Friz fanatics are already making the "Look out, Dr. Bensch, Franco will lock you in a cage!" "jokes" on Twitter.

UGH. Yes, locking someone in a cage—however horrible that person is—really sells the "Franco is trying to redeem himself" point.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

More on the search for Hayden, when anyone following news about the show knows the actress is gone

True, but now everyone on the show knows. As I wrote earlier, I like that we got an actual finish to this. I have no doubt Finn will continue to mope, but it's been made clear we won't see Rebecca Budig again. For now. She could pop up later.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I've never seen the guy playing Dr. Bensch on other shows, but he's so incredibly old-school soap opera hammy.  He says something in a dramatic voice, and you wait for the "dun dun DUN" organ music in the background

He wasn't always, so I have to imagine he's being directed to play it this way. And I hate it. But I did chuckle when Griffin called him 'James' because that's the actor's name. James DePaiva :)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

He wasn't always, so I have to imagine he's being directed to play it this way. And I hate it. But I did chuckle when Griffin called him 'James' because that's the actor's name. James DePaiva :)

GTFO!  I thought he was a day player or something like that other doc that Paul off-ed.  That's THE James DePaiva?  Holy crap.  I was watching yesterday's show thinking this guy playing Bensch (stupid name/spelling imo) is such an awful actor!  lol  was he this bad when he was on OLTL?  I think his acting on GH is horrible! 

I heard Finn say something like "I got your email, David" so MC got it right then.

12 hours ago, ciarra said:

I've never seen the guy playing Dr. Bensch on other shows, but he's so incredibly old-school soap opera hammy.  He says something in a dramatic voice, and you wait for the "dun dun DUN" organ music in the background. 

I wonder if he even knows why he's on the show. This really isn't the way to introduce a character of any significance.

• Love 1