Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I sure am ready for Show to quit subjecting me to "The Life and Times of Beautiful Morgan Corinthos". When are they going to knock this shit off?

BrendaBot #237 doesn't want to take advantage of Sonny while he's in pain. Honey, don't even stress about it.

Why do Jelly hate Lucy so much?

Nice to see Emma and about-to-pop Robin, but I zoned out on the rest of the Anna/Alex stuff.

• Love 7
(edited)

Are they gonna explain why O hates Finn so much? A "she just does" will do, but at least say it.

"She just does" is perfectly acceptable to me becasue Finn is the worst.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lynn Herring looked great today.

She has no upper lip, which I find very distracting. I'm so mean lol. But I agree she looked fantastic today. I loved her dress. Although it kind looked like she was wearing hose and I was like "Who wears hose anymore?"

Lucy's reaction to Jake being in therapy was super gross. Liz's "Aw shucks thanks" reaction to Lucy saying Jake could be in the NB was annoying. I hate when BH plays Liz as if she's a child.

I fast forwarded all the Sonny/Martina scenes and they still grossed me out.

I hate Carly so fucking much. I am 100% at NULOCH levels at this point. 

The Anna/Alex stuff was soooooooo bad. I stopped paying attention about 5 minutes into it because it was just too lame I was embarrassed.

I'm really glad Brad isn't the one who messed with Finn's urine samples. Finally the writers made a good decision! I'll be waiting (and waiting and waiting I'm sure) for Finn, Griffin, and Hayden's apology to him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Watching live:

Brendabot declares she has to leave soon for flight to LA

Sonny: Then I'll have to leave you with something you wont forget.

Me: Ewwww!

That whole scene was horrifying

I assumed he meant a baby; it's his usual parting gift.

2 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

Okay, Sonny getting busted was worth the cringe factor of his lame pilowtalk.

Nope, pillowtalk cringe far outweighed Carly finding Sonny in bed with his fling again, imo.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, Vera said:

Devane family history:

On GH, I remember at some point during Faison arc in 1990, it was mentioned that Anna had a younger sister. This was probably changed to her having an older sister on AMC (Lindsey).

In 1985, when Holly goes to meet her Nanny (who also happened too be Anna's at some point when she was a child), she tells Holly that Anna's parents died when she was five, she went from wealth to poverty and at some point Anna was sent to live in Canada with horrible relatives. In 1991 we learn that Faison was Nanny's son and that he used to send Anna money when she was a teen. 

AMC introduced Alex as Anna's twin. Alex was stolen from birth by Charlotte Devane (married to the 2A's father's brother and had ties to the DVX/or was head of it) after she convinced their mother that one of the twins was stillborn. Charlotte along with her husband raised Alex as theirs. Either the Devane family never saw each other while the kids were growing up or no one noticed that there were two identical girls in the family! Years later, neither the DVX nor the WSB would notice this fact either. 

Aidan is Lindsey's son. Anna didn't know she had a kid. Lindsay died when Aidan was still a baby. His father died before he was born. Aidan was in the GB Special Services and served in Afghanistan. He is the same age as Robin. This would mean that Lindsey was alive at least up to then but she and Anna weren't in each other's lives anymore. Anna told Aidan that Lindsey was the more fragile than the rest of them. Aidan is currently serving time in prison.

Till this point, the family history makes sense. Sort of. Then comes another sibling to muck it up.

Gabriel Devane was the son of Thomas John Devane (the siblings father) and Cecilia (Anna and Lindsey's nanny- yes, another one). Gabriel said he witnessed their father, Cecilia and the twin's mother all die in a car accident. The only reason he didn't die along with them was that he went back to get his toy. Charlotte was responsible for the accident and then locks Gabriel up in a cage at Bryn Wydd. He ends up in Pine Valley because his mother told him to look for Anna (probably after he escaped Bryn Wydd?). 

I can't remember where I got this, but I think Gabriel was around 19-20 when he first appear. This would make him younger than Robin. 

So, Anna's parents faked their death, ditch their two daughters, and live long enough that Daddy Devane had a kid with the nanny?!

Yep. The whole Gabriel crap made absolutely ZERO SENSE. Not one iota. Because we all abandon children, but keep said kids' nannies(to have an affair and spawn illegitimate kid decades later) around for decades after dumping said small kids. If they truly did feel the need to add a new Devane character, why not just make Gabriel, Alex's missing son? At least that could be plausible, with Gabriel being YOUNGER THAN Robin! Just like Aiden turned up as Lindsay's unknown son. Shouldn't Aidan be out of prison anyway? The man was pretty. And almost made Greenlee tolerable. 

15 hours ago, Vera said:

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 4

Robin couldn't tell the difference between Anna and Alex bc she didn't give a fuck.

I loved Robin telling Emma to update Patrick, who always has to know every damn thing. Heh. I love off-screen Scrubs. All the goodies without all the BS.

Ugh. Griffin, go away.

• Love 4
(edited)

Seriously, you guys, I cannot get over how badly the writers bungled Alex's history, which is insane because Jean Passanante wrote it.  Forget the brainwashing that's canon, brilliant neurosurgeon Alex now joined the DVX for the cash and the lulz?  Not!

And yeah, Lucy's reaction to Jake being in therapy?  Didn't buy it, not with her history with Kevin.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Linny said:

Lucy, when a mother tells you her son is seeing a therapist, the proper reaction is not to recoil in horror, for fuck's sake. What was up with that? Such an ugly and inappropriate way to treat a child. Lucy becomes progressively more unlikable with every appearance.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Lucy's reaction to Jake being in therapy was super gross.

Lucy does remember she was married to Kevin, right? A psychiatrist who deals with troubled children and adults every day?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Okay, Sonny getting busted was worth the cringe factor of his lame pilowtalk.

When Carly sneaked in, I just wish Sonny would have been thrusting with his bare bottom sticking up skyward, or the lady would have been vigorously astride Sonny, perhaps with a picturesque little whip. Carly deserved a shock. After all, wasn't she recently enjoying a roll in the hay with Jax? Who is she to judge the amorous antics of Sonny and her lawyer?

• Love 2

i just saw an ad on channel 7 that mario lopez will be hosting the red carpet for the nurses ball. the red carpet is so stupid. if port charles was a real town would the people who live there really care about creepy franco,nurse liz,or jason the hitman.?

i bet someone will trip like in the past.

remember when they had that lame act that samg baby come back.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

When Carly sneaked in, I just wish Sonny would have been thrusting with his bare bottom sticking up skyward, or the lady would have been vigorously astride Sonny, perhaps with a picturesque little whip. Carly deserved a shock

P3PP3RB1RD, EEEWWW  Now that image is in my brain.  

On 5/18/2017 at 3:20 PM, Perkie said:

Is it weird to anyone else that Laura went home to change between the scene at Kelly's and the scene at the hospital? 

Well at Laura's age it ah....depends.  I'll be here all week folks.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Lucy does remember she was married to Kevin, right? A psychiatrist who deals with troubled children and adults every day?

That whole Lucy/Liz/NotDeadJake/NotDrKevin discussion was really super weird. I thought at first Lucy was annoyed NDJ was seeing Andre instead of Kevin. Lucy saying stupid shit about a child in therapy makes no sense to me.  Who wrote that dreck? How do they have a writing gig where they make money when there are many more talented writers right here in this forum rightly ripping them apart for free?

This stupid, stupid show.

13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

That whole Lucy/Liz/NotDeadJake/NotDrKevin discussion was really super weird. I thought at first Lucy was annoyed NDJ was seeing Andre instead of Kevin. Lucy saying stupid shit about a child in therapy makes no sense to me.  Who wrote that dreck? How do they have a writing gig where they make money when there are many more talented writers right here in this forum rightly ripping them apart for free?

• Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

That whole Lucy/Liz/NotDeadJake/NotDrKevin discussion was really super weird. 

And what was the point of the scene at all?  Of course Jake wasn't gonna get cut from the show, not after all the shots of him staring at the chimera virus in his magic kit.  We get it, Show, move it along!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

OMG, that first part with Lucy acting like Jake being in therapy made him too damaged to perform at the NB was really offensive.  Then, clink-boom, by the end she's like "I do declare, Jake will charm us all!  Job well done, Nurse Elizabeth!"  Such bad writing.

And speaking of, lord save me from Sonny the Sex God.  Oh, wow, he can please in the bedroom AND the kitchen!  How can anyone not adore him?  #VomitEmoji

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

not after all the shots of him staring at the chimera virus in his magic kit.

Are they sure Jake is not Lucky's kid?  (Lucky/pills)

• Love 5
17 hours ago, LexieLily said:

You know how Shelly feels about researching things about the past of GH, even if the actress that  originated the role is right there.

3 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

We all know who wrote this dreck, which explains why it was written in the first place. I think FV & Shelly have filed Lucy, along with Maxie, under "the insentive airhead" banner because they both have a maniac pixie quality to them.

• Love 4

i was watching thursdays show on demand and i couldnt believe how long the show felt. why shoyld we care if hayden keeps her baby? we probably wont see the kid after birth till it's in collegr. 

why have a story about anna and her twin if viewers have to do research abot the twin? the show shouldnt have to give you homework. 

the best twins from amc where stuart and adam

valentin should just let lulu see her daughter without thisendles custody battle.

the whole show is.a snooze.

i was watching thursdays show on demand and i couldnt believe how long the show felt. why shoyld we care if hayden keeps her baby? we probably wont see the kid after birth till it's in collegr. 

why have a story about anna and her twin if viewers have to do research abot the twin? the show shouldnt have to give you homework. 

valentin should just let lulu see her daughter without thisendles custody battle.

• Love 3
On 5/19/2017 at 2:59 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Having Nathan of all people bumble in almost immediately to interrupt the Anna/Alex showdown was suuuch stupidity. 

That made so little sense.  Why was he there?  If they'd been fighting for awhile, I could have beleived the airport called the police, but the fight had just started and Nathan shows up.

On 5/19/2017 at 3:20 PM, Linny said:

t was Liesl, in the laboratory, with a syringe. Because it makes total sense to pin everything on Liesl even though we rarely ever see her

I will give the show credit in that I fully beleived it was Brad.  So having it be LIesl came as quite a shock.  And to me, it does make sense (as much as anything on this show can) that Liesl would do this to get rid of Finn, since she hates him so much (just because).  It's better than it being Felix or new nurse Deeana, or Heather, on her daily outtings from the loony bin.  

On 5/19/2017 at 4:05 PM, ulkis said:

Oh, the hallway is so much more private.

That made me laugh.  "Can we go somewhere private to talk"......like 4 feet to the left.  

• Love 7

Since I fast-forwarded Scummy and the Carly/Ava catfight (two completely selfish and amoral women acouse each other of being The Best) in front a a little girl), I actually enjoyed parts of it.  The "Can we go somewhere private to talk" wins but I liked the Anna vs Alex scene because Finola Hughes actually managed to make them look different.  And I liked Olbrecht's glee of getting a spot at the NB before going all Snidely Whiplasn.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

That made so little sense.  Why was he there?  If they'd been fighting for awhile, I could have beleived the airport called the police, but the fight had just started and Nathan shows up.

According to the recap in my TV listings today "Nathan saved Anna."  rme

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, ulkis said:

Are they gonna explain why O hates Finn so much? A "she just does" will do, but at least say it.

It's already been explained since Finn's introduction.  She didn't like how Monica brought him in to treat Tracy for her brain worms over her recommendation, the late Dr. Mayes, and she liked even less that Finn proved to be very competent and actually did cure Tracy.  Since then, she's had it out for him.

• Love 3

Damn, Nelle's hair looks better after being mugged and spending the night in a hospital than mine does right after a blowout.   (and Michael, don't you have a company to run, or something?)

Ava - who wears high heels to walk their kid around the park in a stroller?  (LOVED when Avery said bye bye to Carly on cue)

Griffin - do you not know the meaning of "someplace more private"?

Anna/Alex - since I never watched that storyline on AMC and I have no intention of doing research, I will accept whatever backstory they give us.  But I can see how infuriating it is to those who did watch.

Robin - sorry, last time I checked, flying in your last trimester is a no-no.  Acceptable window, my ass.  Nice that they at least addressed this, though.

Genie Francis looked great.

What was the point of the Lucy/Liz/Jake crapfest?

And, if Emma is going to be Jake's magician assistant, I bet she will solve the whole Chimera mystery.  Probably within 5 minutes.

• Love 7

from CDL (not always reliable, I know):

<<In addition to Chimera danger, glamor and a little romance, the 2017 Nurse’s Ball features a musical tribute to David Bowie, George Michael, and Billy Joel>>

..... sigh..... I wonder what songs they will ruin for me this year?   (I like them all but am a huge Billy Joe fan)

(edited)

Charlotte seemed totally impressed with Dante and all he did was play Memory with her, fist-bump her because she was kicking his butt, and made chocolate chip pancakes in the morning. And she was happy at her first visit with Lulu when they did the Easter egg hunt and went outside to play and look at the bunnies and she wanted to come back next week and look for the bunnies again. Has Charlotte ever had time to just be a kid? Did Valentin ever just sit down and play with her? Every time we see her with Valentin and/or Nina they are just talking or Charlotte is parked at a little table coloring.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

from CDL (not always reliable, I know):

<<In addition to Chimera danger, glamor and a little romance, the 2017 Nurse’s Ball features a musical tribute to David Bowie, George Michael, and Billy Joel>>

..... sigh..... I wonder what songs they will ruin for me this year?   (I like them all but am a huge Billy Joe fan)

Billy Joel's not dead. They better not jinx him, dammit.

• Love 6
(edited)

The whole Gabriel crap made absolutely ZERO SENSE.

I had bleached the stain of Gabriel from my mind, and then GH had to bring stupid Alex back into the picture, and all the memories that come with her. Oh, the heartrending story of dog-cage boy (...not Franco or Tom). That was a good example of what happens when you want to add A Young Character to a show, and a little Diversity as well, and that's as much thought as you've put into it. You have Youth and Diversity, and everything else will take care of itself. It doesn't have to be coherent, compelling, necessary or any of those things. I recall the actor being just terrible too. Fortunately, the character was gone in less than a year.

Edited by Asp Burger

where did nathan come from? who told him to go to the airport?  

what'sthe point  of the jake audton scene? we know he's going to do the magic trick at the ball

sonny should market.that pasta as a aphrodisiac. 

finn must have peed enough to fill a bucket.

2 minutes ago, lor said:

Looks like he is a transit cop now.

19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Charlotte seemed totally impressed with Dante and all he did was play Memory with her, fist-bump her because she was kicking his butt, and made chocolate chip pancakes in the morning. And she was happy at her first visit with Lulu when they did the Easter egg hunt and went outside to play and look at the bunnies and she wanted to come back next week and look for the bunnies again. Has Charlotte ever had time to just be a kid? Did Valentin ever just sit down and play with her? Every time we see her with Valentin and/or Nina they are just talking or Charlotte is parked at a little table coloring.

well, since she spent the bulk of her childhood on the run with Claudette, she probably hasn't had time to be a kid.  The only one who ever played with her before Lulu/Dante, is Nina (didn't they play dress up, or something?  Though, I guess that would barely count, since it was while Nina is at work)

Also, I'm a little confused about how old she is supposed to be.....

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, lor said:

I actually thought we'd get a line that he was at the airport to catch a flight and see Maxie, but alas, the writers probably thought that'd make too much sense.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

well, since she spent the bulk of her childhood on the run with Claudette, she probably hasn't had time to be a kid.  The only one who ever played with her before Lulu/Dante, is Nina (didn't they play dress up, or something?  Though, I guess that would barely count, since it was while Nina is at work)

Also, I'm a little confused about how old she is supposed to be.....

I don't even know if that is supposed to be true now. I wouldn't put it past Valentin to have lied about everything in court to make himself look better as a parent, but the story he told there was that he was there in the delivery room when Charlotte was born and was the only constant parent in her life from the time Charlotte was an infant, with no mention of Claudette playing a mother role at all.

On 5/20/2017 at 7:14 PM, Perkie said:
On 5/19/2017 at 4:05 PM, ulkis said:

Oh, the hallway is so much more private.

That made me laugh.  "Can we go somewhere private to talk"......like 4 feet to the left.  

There used to be a patient lounge where they had these kinds of conversations. It was just a corner of the waiting area, but there were upholstered chairs instead of a wooden bench.

The body double for FH was terrible, as was the wig she wore as Alex.

21 hours ago, Benji said:

I loved how Avery said Bye Bye Carly when Ava asked her to. ?

I know! That was adorable.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2017 at 10:01 PM, Benji said:

I loved how Avery said Bye Bye Carly when Ava asked her to. ?

Definitely the best part of the episode. Not much else, I liked the Anna/Alex scenes. I FFwd anything with Scummy. The rest was pure boredom.

I tortured myself by watching this, in preparation for planning to watch Nurse's Ball this week. Can't stand what's coming for Ava, but I'm still Maura's captive.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

the story he told there was that he was there in the delivery room when Charlotte was born and was the only constant parent in her life from the time Charlotte was an infant, with no mention of Claudette playing a mother role at all.

The story has changed so many times.  I thought Claud said that "these people", then later her mother, were raising Charlotte, and it was important to lie about Charlotte's paternity because Valentin was such a bad man that Charlotte must be kept away from, as if he had never laid eyes on the child.  If Claud's mom wasn't raising Charlotte, then why does Valentin insist on speaking French to Charlotte?  And it's silly because the only remotely French word she uses is "papa", not "Oui" or anything else. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, ciarra said:

The story has changed so many times.  I thought Claud said that "these people", then later her mother, were raising Charlotte, and it was important to lie about Charlotte's paternity because Valentin was such a bad man that Charlotte must be kept away from, as if he had never laid eyes on the child.  If Claud's mom wasn't raising Charlotte, then why does Valentin insist on speaking French to Charlotte?  And it's silly because the only remotely French word she uses is "papa", not "Oui" or anything else. 

Maybe the Claudette-raising-Charlotte-on-the-run-from-Valentin was supposed to be retconned out of our memories along with Nathan and Griffin being her five-minute daddies? But Griffin still makes on-screen references to being duped into thinking he was Charlotte's dad. Like I said, I wouldn't have put it past Valentin to have lied in court about being a part of Charlotte's life since birth. The only thing that works in his favor is that Charlotte doesn't seem scared of him and genuinely seems to love him, but who knows what he is telling her in French all the time? He could be threatening her for all we know.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, I totally misinterpreted that.  I thought she was tainting the sample to give Brad plausible deniability, I didn't realize it's been her all along. 

Well then I hope all these smug assholes apologize to Brad when that comes out.

Well, we got a "Sonny Gets Busted" scene with Carly still in control of all his legal holdings, so anything is possible. I might even get that pony.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, Linny said:

The reveal of "who's setting up Finn?" felt like the ending of a game of Clue: it was Liesl, in the laboratory, with a syringe. Because it makes total sense to pin everything on Liesl even though we rarely ever see her. The writers seem to try to create these big "gotcha!" moments but they almost always fall flat for me. 

Or, as we had a thought, TPFMs finally listened to Team Brad about his legit griping and ordered a plot patch. Dr. O might have enough plot armor to take it. We also surmised that she might be taking direction from GH Board Officials who wanted to sell the hospital, and were pissed that Dr. Finn  swooped in and saved the day. There was also a further thought that Olivia Jerome had reach beyond Darkham to go after Finn.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

who knows what he is telling her in French all the time? He could be threatening her for all we know.

Valentin isn't threatening Charlotte. He's telling her to say thank you, he hopes she had a good time, to gather her things, etc. Banal, everyday stuff.

Charlotte has been consistently shown to be nothing but adoring of Valentin. For me it's Claudette who doesn't work as the parent, but as long as I never see her again (sorry, Bree Williamson, but you are utterly unnecessary), I don't care what gets retconned.

(edited)

The Claudette/Valentin/Charlotte retcon is really annoying. I mean the original story was utter garbage, but you can't just completely change a story without even trying to make it make sense. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
On 5/20/2017 at 7:01 PM, Oracle42 said:

I

Why is he anywhere ever? They don't know what to do with him because he still doesn't have a personality

It seems he no longer has a wife either, so I guess they're having to squeeze him into however many scenes are available, even if his presence makes no sense.

• Love 1
(edited)

They certainly made it look like Brad and Dr O were working together to trap Finn, the one scene I watched weeks ago with the two of them whispering together.

Saddest thing about it all? The "IDC" factor is through the roof. I don't care if Brad is innocent-because he's still a raging douchebag.  Finn will still be arrogant and need some SEVERE humbling.  Dr O will still have a job, and still be on the show. Hayden will still be pregnant(*yawn*).  And it's all a big "who cares?" I don't feel sorry for any of them-because there's no reason to. A day after it's all done, it will be like it never happened.

None of them will change and grow-none of them will face consequences. Dr. Suess has more suspense and emotional beats in his stories.

You all who are actually watching this dreck deserve your own personal foot massagers and shirtless models feeding you grapes.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Claudette/Valentin/Charlotte retcon is really annoying. I mean the original story was utter garbage, but you can't just completely change a story without even trying to make it make sense. 

I still can't believe that all of this started from a simple scenario of Maxie finding a white glove in Nathan's tuxedo. From there, it just spun off into lots of shit that was clearly made up as it went along. SMH!

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, we're to assume Claudette knows something Valentin doesn't want known, that's why he grabbed her off that plane and "killed" her, right?

Well, he is the evilest Cassadine who ever evilly Cassadined. I don't even remember the circumstances of Claudette's "killing," this story has bored me so.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, we're to assume Claudette knows something Valentin doesn't want known, that's why he grabbed her off that plane and "killed" her, right?

Um.

No, but really, I think so, but surprise surprise, it seems to have changed since then.

• Love 1

On one hand, that's so fine with me because I hated every single thing about the Claudette story.  Take the quotation makes off of "killed" and I'd be a happy camper.

On the other, so these writers are not just content retconning this show's history - not to mention the history of other ABC soap operas - but now they're retconning their own stories?  Just terrible.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I always assumed so. Otherwise why that scene of Valentin telling that ranger cop to make Maxie/Nathan believe Claudette committed suicide? Why the semi-recent scenes where Griffin says he doesn't believe Claudette killed herself?