Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

"Shut that baby up!" will never be forgotten. I wish I worked for ABC Daytime just so I could make a sabotaging Sonny Corinthos promo commercial and include that in his best-of reel, along with several "bitch" and "faithless whore" comments, and a thrown glass. The music would be "Whatta Man" by Salt-N-Pepa. The tag line at the end would be "Check in with Sonny, at General Hospital!"  

• Love 18
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't like Franco, especially, but because the show constantly asks us to focus on who the character is now rather than what the character did three or six years ago, I am applying the same standard across the board. And I thought Jason came off as the biggest ass in the room today, by miles.

Right now, he's a guy who kidnapped another person and shoved him into a dog cage after forcing him into a shock collar - and who used his teenage roommate as bait for a man he claimed to believe was a recidivist rapist

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

I love Scotty & Ava. They crack me up. You can tell that Kin Shriner & Maura West like working together. That said, Kin Shriner's hair doesn't even look real know. I know it's always been crazy but the dye job makes it look fake. I also noticed he could barely walk up & down the steps. I guess he has bad knees. He is 63 now but looks great. Getting old sucks!!

• Love 8

I don't give a shit I loved every minute of Sam sitting on the couch talking cheesy with her babies and husband. They are not taking away from Jane's airtime. Those writers have had plenty of notice to write her a story. They choose not too. Jasam have had times when they have disappeared for days and have had days when they didn't even crack 5 minutes. I can think of numerous stories that can go right now. No one needs endless scenes of boring ass Nelle's drama, boring ass Quasimodo, Ginger Bitch and that fucking brat they got everyone fighting over. If I never hear the word Morgan again it would be too soon.

Also I have no problem with Jason wanting Jake away from Franco. If he has a problem, there are 2 damn psychologists on this show that can give him professional help. Franco's ass doesn't have a damn medical degree to treat anybody any way. Who cares if Jake likes him.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Also I have no problem with Jason wanting Jake away from Franco. If he has a problem, there are 2 damn psychologists on this show that can give him professional help. Franco's ass doesn't have a damn medical degree to treat anybody any way. Who cares if Jake likes him.

That continually cracks me up/confuses me. "[this kid] love so-and-so!" SO??????? Kids like a lot of crap!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't like Franco, especially, but because the show constantly asks us to focus on who the character is now rather than what the character did three or six years ago, I am applying the same standard across the board. And I thought Jason came off as the biggest ass in the room today, by miles.

Right now, he's a guy who kidnapped another person and shoved him into a dog cage after forcing him into a shock collar - who used his teenage roommate as bait for a man he claimed to believe was a recidivist rapist

But... but... HERO! Tom Baker was unreformed! He was stalking all the wimmenfolks! Franco SAVED everyone's virtue!

• Love 3

Why is freako the only one that can help DNAJ??? He is not even medically trained.

Why is Liez now only thinking about what happened to her kid and not 2 years ago??? oh thats right she was too busy trying to keep the Jason lie. Even when she was right in front of Helena and said nothing about her disturbed kid.

Why do they always put Sam in those awful huge shirts?

As much as I dislike Sam being on Carson prop duty at least she was free from the shit show that was Friz/Jason lol.

• Love 6

this show is boring because they have been wtiting about the mob and the si called sonny can do nothing wrong. he breaks up with carly over and over.

Jason should have been brought back as the jason he was before he was a henchman. it would have been inter sting if he didnt fall back in love with sam.

the y have ridiculous stories about valentin having sperm stolen and lulus daughter being 10 years old. the math makes no sense.

they kill off duke and Morgan and still talk about them. they have the writers kill  off sabrina. sabrina could have stayed in Puerto rico and raised her baby. Instead carlos comes back as a look alike relative.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't think every soap kid needs to be directly named after someone.  That's how we ended up with Sabrina's stupid baby being named Edward, after someone she never even met.

That's my issue with the naming of these babies. It's so lazy. Give these children their own names. And why would amnesic Jason name his child after Emily? Why would Sam name her child after Emily? They weren't close!

15 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Yep, I agree 100%!  Just because an actress happens to be pregnant doesn't mean it needs to be written into the story line, nor does it mean she needs to be shoved behind potted plant for 9 months.  They're acting.  I get how there are just things the actress may not be physically able to do, or how it can get a little distracting late in the pregnancy, and sometimes hiding tactics need to be employed.  But for the most part, I'm reasonably certain the audience can make a distinction between an actress and her character.  I would much rather suspend disbelief than have yet another child on this show that is never seen and has no place in the story.

I recall on DAYS when Ari was pregnant and it was not written in. You had scenes with Nicole on trial and all these people discussing how she can't have a baby while the actress was visibly pregnant. 

9 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

They are not taking away from Jane's airtime. Those writers have had plenty of notice to write her a story. They choose not too. 

For the final time , how boring Jasam is has nothing to do with Jane's airtime. Moving on.

Jason/Sam have a big fanbase despite the terrible writing and most of the fan loyalty was built during Guza's time as HW.   FV, despite heroic efforts, hasn't been able to completely squander it. GH fans are willing to watch their favorites in bad/boring stories because there aren't any other options if you're watching GH.

It's not like these writers were going to mine Tracy's history on the show to give her a worthy send-off. They don't know her history, they're not going to bother to learn it and even if they did - they're not good enough to do anything worthwhile with it. All she's done in the past few months was talk to Finn/Hayden about Finn and Hayden. If Tracy and the Q's were a priority, they'd have tried harder when casting Dilllon and she'd be in a story with him, AJ, Ned, Skye and their children. 

The show feels like it's running on fumes. The "sceneletts" and  character isolating block taping are bad, but the worst thing that FV did was to get rid of just about every writer who knew GH history and replace them with writers from canceled soaps. Guza and JFP did damage but FV has gutted this show

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

As boring as JaSam is, Carson angst is just as bad. Carly turning up at JaSam's yet wanting to leave as soon as she found out he wasn't there is so telling. Carly wanted to throw her body at Jason and grind away to  get him hard while sobbing about the demise of her marriage. She doesn't get or care that Jason and his wife are enjoying parenthood...no, it has to be all about Carly and her pain. She has to go test Jason every so often to see if he is vulnerable yet to her sexy self. Jason senses this ploy, but he's too stupid or vain to reject Carly's secret wishes, telling her that they are such best friends. Carly knows that Sonny can be counted on for falls from grace, giving her the permission to make another test run at Jason. I'm sick of these constant games and her hypocrisy. Sonny is not really her first choice anymore.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

As boring as JaSam is, Carson angst is just as bad. Carly turning up at JaSam's yet wanting to leave as soon as she found out he wasn't there is so telling. Carly wanted to throw her body at Jason and grind away to  get him hard while sobbing about the demise of her marriage. She doesn't get or care that Jason and his wife are enjoying parenthood...no, it has to be all about Carly and her pain. She has to go test Jason every so often to see if he is vulnerable yet to her sexy self. Jason senses this ploy, but he's too stupid or vain to reject Carly's secret wishes, telling her that they are such best friends. Carly knows that Sonny can be counted on for falls from grace, giving her the permission to make another test run at Jason. I'm sick of these constant games and her hypocrisy. Sonny is not really her first choice anymore.

Eh, I don't really see Carly as throwing herself sexually at Jason.  I think she's a need sponge in that there's no limit to the amount of attention and positive affirmation she wants from him, but it doesn't come off as her still wanting him in that way.  If she could just have him all to herself and keep him in a hyperbolic chamber in her house to haul out when she needed someone to agree with her, I think she'd be in heaven.

• Love 5

THAT'S what the show thinks is dramatic and soapy, having Lucy use the pills to blackmail Nurses' Ball funding out of Ava?  That's so boring and limiting AND pointless since Ava's just gonna get a payday out of Tracy. 

Speaking of, not sure what to think of this Edward painting business, it has the same smell as other badly bungled exit tours, a la Luke's.

Maurice Bernard and Laura Wright have to be so bored, playing this same Sonny/Carly fight over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.  And gawd, Sonny is such a prick.

Anna and Valentin slept together a million years ago, zzzzzzzzzzzz.  Oh gawd, do they have a kid?

Another Britt mention!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

The best part of today's show was that female extra at the Metrocourt.  She was making the most of her fifteen minutes.

What the heck happened with Anna and Valentin?  That was some abrupt segue into that conversation.  Way to go, editors.

It must be nice for Sonny, going through life with nothing ever being his fault.  What a piece of work.

• Love 2

"If you want to end our marriage, that's fine with me!" Yes, fuck, burn your marriage certificate, salt the earth, let us never speak of it again, just SHUT UP. They've exhausted every possible angle of this discussion. Poor MB, he seemed alive and present in his scenes with Laura yesterday, but put him back with Carly and he's just going through the motions. But he did get to throw a glass across the room, and I imagine that's fun.

Thanks for that drive by check in on Ned and Olivia. I continue to question why the writers bother with these two as a couple. If they're only getting a handful of scenes every once and a while, what's the point? I can't care about someone who's only seen marginally.

Lucy's such a smug schemer and I find it really obnoxious.

Please, PLEASE, let this be the end of Drunk Alexis. I hate how they made Julian be the voice of her conscience. She needs a refreshed storyline ASAP. 

• Love 5

Bottle of booze got so much airtime today I envy it's paycheck. So Anna has early onset dementia? How can you fuck someone and not remember it. Was he that bad in bed? This story sucks!

Edited by tricknasty
She fucked Quasimodo and promptly wiped it from her memory
  • Love 4

Jeez...drunk Alexis is back...for a minute anyway.  I always like the character because she was one woman on the show who seemed to have it together and could handle anything.  And I know, even the strongest people can break, but I'm just so tired of pathetic Alexis. 

After Sonny and Carly's argument, I just knew that flying glass would happen, and I was right.  So predictable.

• Love 2

I think the reason we are checking in randomly with Ned and Olivia now is they're going to

tie in to Tracy's exit somehow.

I think Olivia is still around at all is because FV likes LLC.

I just wish someone would tell Carly that she's in love with her own drama and to get over all this "oh no, is my fifth marriage over to the same man?" crap. 

I don't know if having Julian's hand right at Alexis' throat was really the best choice for that scene.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

having Lucy use the pills to blackmail Nurses' Ball funding out of Ava? 

What's weirder is that Lucy doesn't actually know the truth about the pills.  She doesn't know Ava switched them.   All she thinks is that Ava and Morgan were "trysting" together again, which is why Ava had the pills.  So even if Lucy were to tell CarSon about it, it would be a watered down version of the truth, that really wouldn't be a danger to Ava anyway.  So dumb.  

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maurice Bernard and Laura Wright have to be so bored, playing this same Sonny/Carly fight over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

When they started the same lines, about he cheated, he lied, I just got so annoyed.  We've had the EXACT same conversation about 6 times in the past few weeks.  Good lord.  At least there was some change to it today, that he's got business secrets that she can't know about and her finally declaring the marriage over, though I beleive that will last about 4 days.  

Is it wrong that I'm sort of optimistic about this tracy/Ava painting story?  I mean, I know they're going to ruin it, and I'll be complaining, probably by this time next week, but for now, I'm sort of enjoying JE and MW together.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I just wish someone would tell Carly that she's in love with her own drama and to get over all this "oh no, is my fifth marriage over to the same man?" crap. 

Having Carly and/or Sonny shout lines about it being super, for reals, no backsies, I'm rubber you're glue OVER is just so stupid because we know it's not, it never will be.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Having Carly and/or Sonny shout lines about it being super, for reals, no backsies, I'm rubber you're glue OVER is just so stupid because we know it's not, it never will be.

Damn Ron for reviving two things* that were pretty much as over and done with as you can get: Sam/Jason/Liz and another Sonny and Carly round. It should have never gone on past Franco dumping Carly.

*three, if you count Jake, but I include him in the Sam/Jason/Liz package.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Damn Ron for reviving two things* that were pretty much as over and done with as you can get: Sam/Jason/Liz and another Sonny and Carly round. It should have never gone on past Franco dumping Carly.

*three, if you count Jake, but I include him in the Sam/Jason/Liz package.

Where Sonny and Carly really went downhill for me is when Jelly took over and Sonny got shot.  That's when we started getting the endless conversations in Sonny's living room, having to watch them almost get married like six times in a month, etc.

Lucy blackmailing Ava is ridiculous.  Morgan's behavior was erratic at the time.  All Ava has to do is tell Sonny and Carly that Morgan dropped the pill bottle at her penthouse when he tried to get back together with her.   Ava could say that she did not want KiKi to know that Morgan wanted to start an affair with her....again so she hid the pill bottle.  She could also add that she was afraid of how Sonny would react if he found out.  That is why she allowed Lucy to blackmail her.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Another Britt mention!

Third time's the charm!

2 hours ago, Linny said:

Lucy's such a smug schemer and I find it really obnoxious.

+1

This episode was edited so atrociously. There was one cut that was just so bad. I can't remember exactly what it was now because I don't care enough to remember things lol.

I can't at Valentin/Anna sleeping together in the past and her not remembering it. I'm rolling! And like someone else mentioned upthread, that doesn't really track with him being all hurt over her not kissing him. These writers seek to new lows every day. It's kinda fascinating.

• Love 4

What a massive steaming pile of garbage that was.

Just end Sonny and Carly already. And Alexis half moaning half crying Julian's name and having a staring contest with the bottle of booze, and Valentine and Anna knocking boots, and Lucy, shit or get off the pot. And Lulu/Laura scene that popped out of nowhere.

Oh look, Nathan is back tomorrow. Awesome. 

• Love 6

This drunk Alexis story has made me really dislike her as a character and Julexis. Its ridiculous that only he can "save" her. Never mind that he held a knife to her throat because his sister made him. It also doesn't help that WdV is awful. 

• Love 6

The zoom-in on Anna reading the file at GH was UCG. I don't understand her story with Valentin at all. Much like the writers, I'm sure.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Thanks for that drive by check in on Ned and Olivia.

Yeah, seriously.  And shut up, Olivia.

Seriously. Does she think not being married will mean she and Ned will stay together? Also, I'm pretty sure Julian's name is on Leo's birth certificate, so I don't think Ned can just swoop in and adopt Leo.

Sonny and Carly had the same old fight, but I think Carly made a good point about the relationship being on Sonny's terms. I wish they'd dug in a bit more with the "you keep stuff from me all the time" angle. I don't think Carly cares all that much about the bidness, but Sonny seems to think that means he doesn't have to tell her anything.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm pretty sure Julian's name is on Leo's birth certificate, so I don't think Ned can just swoop in and adopt Leo.

But Julian's "dead"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

But Julian's "dead"

He is? Woot! Oh, I see it is in quotes. I know what that means. Sigh. If only he actually DID die. He was on a short time before I quit even casual viewing and...no. He ends up being Alexis' OTP?! As one that once liked Alexis, this depresses me.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She's doing it for Jason, as she said. She got to name Danny, he names Emily. Seems fair to me.

How does Jason remember Emily? Did I miss the episode where he got back all the memories of his old life?

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

if MB is bored I hope Chad reminds him he had the whole Michael has custody of Avery thing dropped.

That garbage was boring too and made no sense much like the rest of this show.

5 minutes ago, In2You said:

How does Jason remember Emily? Did I miss the episode where he got back all the memories of his old life?

He got his memories back about a year ago. It was about as impressive as all of JP/SA's "big reveals". They just haven't bothered writing him in character 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
Just now, Oracle42 said:

He got his memories back about a year ago. It was about as impressive as all of JP/SA's "reveals"

So if he got all his memories back why is he sitting on the couch playing domestic dad like he's not stone cold murderer? 

7 minutes ago, In2You said:

So if he got all his memories back why is he sitting on the couch playing domestic dad like he's not stone cold murderer? 

At some point (don't remember if it was before or after he told Sam he remembers everything) Sonny said Jason could come back to work for him if he wanted, and Jason said no thanks, I lost years with Sam and Danny because of that life, so he wasn't taking his second chance with them for granted. I know he said that to Sonny before Sam found out she was pregnant again.   

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And then Michael Easton will play a recast Robin. I can't hardly contain myself!

His hair's almost there.

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

He better get her crooked smile right.

He has that frigid witch's pursed lips of judgement down pat at least!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6