Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

That and/or we're about to find out Lauren isn't Ava's daughter. Though I STILL don't understand that. Unless there was some baby switch done way back when Nina was pregnant and in a coma? That's a long way to go just to retcon Lauren's parentage yet again. And in the grand scheme of things, who cares who her parents are as long as she isn't banging a relative?

@ch1 , I've been wondering about whether Chad Duell's status for a while now. I mean, I guess he probably re-signed by now cause his contract should have expired in May. But yeah, even if he left I doubt they would kill him off. Unless he and Kristen broke up, heh.

I think Ava will maybe try to

poison Michael at a dinner she invites them too

I'm so tired of the rewrite that Edward Q. was a saint.  Ned says Edward would have been upset at business being put before Alice.  Edward always put business before his family.  He was not a good man.  He raised Alan to be a whiny, weak, mama's boy.  Tracey was a cold, angry woman who couldn't please her father, and withheld his heart meds during a possible heart attack.  Edward was a jerk.  And by the way, Lila was no saint.  She stood by and let her husband treat her kids this way.  I like the Q family - a lot - but they are not morally superior to the other characters on the show.

I forgive all the Qs this because typically, when someone dies, you conveniently forget all the bad and simply remember the good. It doesn't really seem like rewriting to me, at least not on the part of the writers. It feels like it's just the Qs remembering Edward (and Lila) the way they want to remember them. 

• Love 6

They love beyond all common sense an out of shape, semi mentally challanged, man

Okay I'm no Sonny fan by any remote stretch of the imagination, and I'll happily go along with the mentally challenged part. But MB is NOT out of shape. Like at all. He looks damn good for a 50-year-old man. Hell, he looks good for a  40-yr-old man.

• Love 5

When did Ned get to be so attractive? I always thought he was sort of a goof when I was little. Like, it seemed really funny that the show had ever acted like Eddie Maine might hit the big time. Maybe I'm just getting old, but he now seems totally sexy.

My theory on this is that our ideas about who we find attractive changes as we get older. I never found WK, TR or IB attractive as a kid - they weren't even on my radar like Stone, Jason, Lucky etc. Never found Ned attractive until this go-round. Edited by VoteForSummer
  • Love 2

It's the same thing happening with Lucky right now. He looks like a deadbeat when all that's needed are a few throwaway lines that he's keeping in touch with Cameron and Aidan and that they go see him wherever he is sometimes.

Hell, a throwaway line that he Skypes his kids, a la Robin, would not be amiss.

I think Ava will maybe try to

poison Michael at a dinner she invites them too

If only she could

accidentally poison Kiki instead

My theory on this is that our ideas about who we find attractive changes as we get older. I never found WK, TR or IB attractive as a kid - they weren't even on my radar like Stone, Jason, Lucky etc. Never found Ned attractive until this go-round.

do you think this is the same for men, except maybe in reverse? Because while  I have always found FH and KW attractive I use to find RM, JZ, and GF attractive but not anymore.

do you think this is the same for men, except maybe in reverse? Because while I have always found FH and KW attractive I use to find RM, JZ, and GF attractive but not anymore.

Ahhh, hadn't thought of that but yes. I think maybe women around my age (38) prefer an older, distinguished man. And let's face it, the years haven't been as kind to, say, JZ as they have to FH and KW.

the years haven't been as kind to, say, JZ as they have to FH and KW.

I don't really think that's true. Or at the very least, we can't tell lf it's true because she's had way too much work done on her face. I think she might have aged just fine if she'd stayed away from the surgeons.

• Love 1

I don't really think that's true. Or at the very least, we can't tell lf it's true because she's had way too much work done on her face. I think she might have aged just fine if she'd stayed away from the surgeons.

Just Botox can go either way. One woman gets skin like a 30 year old, except with less ability to show expression, another one will end up with facial skin looking like raw crescent roll dough.

And I am not sure it would make a difference. Again I think it is as subjective as women now finding WK handsome. RM/Heather and GF/Laura have not had any (or very little) work done and they just no longer do it for this 51 year old male, but FH and KW still do, as does NLG, but not MW. Subjective.

The set designer has to be color blind. There is no other excuse for every new set to white or various shades of gray.

The sets are all so small & cramped too!

I couldn't take TG seriously today. My granddad is 98 & I swear TG was making some of the same faces that my granddad does.

Did the writers forget that all the Q stock is held by family? They wrote it. Luke would be trying to get stock from Dillion, Brook Lynn, Sam, Alice & Skye. Wouldn't they let Ned or Micheal know that Luke contacted them about stock. The stupid...it burns.

What box/crate did they have MB standing on? He is not taller than LW.

Patrick looks as thrilled as I do about seeing Sabrina.

• Love 1

Luke is already like a ghoul haunting from beyond the grave. Tony Geary needs to rest up and get his health back before trying to return. We're getting along so well without him. He sure gets off ordering women to do dangerous or criminal things--like casually telling Ava to kill Michael, and ordering Tracy to grab the reins at ELQ. Do us all a favor and retire Tony/Luke to Amsterdam.

Today's show had so  much yelling in it. Sated on Sonny's love wand, Carly looks like she's fallen hard again for the Moobster (who's probably making notes to bring a ladder next time). Deep down, Franco wasn't fooled, but he doesn't want to lose Carly. I'm in favor of any way we can lose Franco. Even crazy Nina is too good for him.

Bobbie looked awful, although she has a lovely figure. Her garish red hair looked like a Muppet wig, and accentuated her unfortunate plastic surgery results.

We finally caught up with Jordan and Shawn, who have apparently been in bed all this time....or arguing. What a miserable relationship...they enjoy their sexy moments, but their vicious arguments must effectively rip out any tender feelings that the sexual bonding nurtures. Now their pairing is beginning to make me uncomfortable. Are we supposed to think we are witnessing a typical black couple's relationship in these two? Just fighting and sex?

Keke's acting was a numbing experience for mind and body.

• Love 1

God, Franco turns to such a goober while he is in Carly mode.It's like he instantly became uninteresting again when he was groveling for Carly's forgiveness. I get the feeling this is supposed to win him sympathy points or something, but it really just makes him look pathetic.

• Love 1

Ron and his team couldn't write a TRUE relationship/romance if their lives were at stake.

Guza sucked, and his team was stale by the end. But I WILL credit them for knowing how to do build up (when they weren't lazy). Scrubs had decent build up, as an example. Carlivati and Company from the Wham Bam! school of "relationship progress".

• Love 1

Patrick looks as thrilled as I do about seeing Sabrina.

Well that is b/c she LEFT town I tell ya, she had the nerve to leave and Sam has BEEN THERE for him(during the trauma of losing his job) when everyone else was out of sight out of mind....well in Patrick's world.

It is now inconvenient for him to deal with her. He only likes his wimmins hanging on his every word.RME

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

Oh god, that no talent Castillo is back from a birthin'?

Looks like it's time to check out again.  Unless there are scenes of Patrick punching her in the face for no other reason than she's obsessed with Disney Princesses because she has the mental acuity of a brain damaged toddler and he snaps.

It was so enjoyable without her. 

Team Scrubs in perpetuity.

• Love 6

Are we supposed to think we are witnessing a typical black couple's relationship in these two? Just fighting and sex?

I'm not sure I understand this. Why would these scenes lead any of us to believe we are witnessing a typical black couple's relationship? It's just the same old crap writing on this (now) crap show.

The Franco/Carly/Bobbie stuff was just plain painful and bad. The scenes played like high school ... oh wait ... I mean junior high hijinks. Additionally? I absolutely refuse to believe Sonny somehow managed to crawl out the window successfully on his own.

I kind of liked Ned and Olivia. I like her away from Sonny. But then I guess I could say that about a lot of characters in his orbit.

It was so enjoyable without her.

Shoot, I forgot Sobby was still on this show. I return just in time for her return. Bad timing for me.

Edited by hypnotoad

"Julian doesn't run a stable organization." Right, Shawn, because Sonny is so level-headed and reasonable. And this: "Do you think of your victims?" Do you, Shawn? (Of course, he has no victims because he's such a terrible shot.) Do you think of their families? Shooting people is still killing them. Ugh. He's such a hypocritical douche.

Sonny is giving Carly an ultimatum? LOL. Like either of them is some great prize. The gangster or the serial killer? Of course she'll try to have it both ways. 

I get the feeling this is supposed to win [Franco] sympathy points or something, but it really just makes him look pathetic.

I can't get worked up either way. It's Franco and Carly. They're worthless.

I thought TG looked pretty good. Galactically better than he did in those earlier Skype sessions.

Luke knows Ned knows that Tracy and Luke are trying to get ELQ. Why would killing Michael make things better? Ned would immediately take over, and he'd have the votes to do it. 

• Love 7

Luke knows Ned knows that Tracy and Luke are trying to get ELQ. Why would killing Michael make things better? Ned would immediately take over, and he'd have the votes to do it.

Exactly. Ohhh what a mastermind that Fluke is! Stupid show. Wouldn't disgracing Michael and Ned in some subtle, clever way be more effective? Hmm, I think I just answered my own question. Ron doesn't know what the words subtle or clever mean.

I thought one of Fluke's big goals was to get rid of Sonny? Why not have Ava kill Sonny instead?!?

• Love 1
Exactly. Ohhh what a mastermind that Fluke is! Stupid show. Wouldn't disgracing Michael and Ned in some subtle, clever way be more effective? Hmm, I think I just answered my own question. Ron doesn't know what the words subtle or clever mean.

If this show was clever AJ's leaving the show would have been tied into Fluke's story since AJ was the main person against Tracy for ELQ.

• Love 1

Please tell me I was NOT subjected to a morality lecture about the evils of selling drugs today by a HIT MAN?  Hey, asshole.  Guess what I think should be legal?  Drugs.  Almost all of them.  Guess what I do not think should be legal?  KILLING PEOPLE.  

Shut up, Shawn. 

• Love 17

Exactly. Ohhh what a mastermind that Fluke is! Stupid show. Wouldn't disgracing Michael and Ned in some subtle, clever way be more effective?

Fluke knows if the town hasn't turned on Michael despite inflicting his body and his dancing on them at the Nurses Ball, nothing he can come up can disgrace Michael in their eyes. ;)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I know this is shallow, but WTH was up with Ava's leprechaun pot of gold fingernails? And if Shawn and Jordan have been together for 14 days has Ava been wearing the same dress for two weeks? eww.

I can't believe I had to sit through two days of Kiki and Ava and now Fluke in his torchered artist ensemble complete with grey backdrop, I kept expecting him to cut off his own ear in anger.  And really show? queen bitch bee Tracy is really a teeth nashing sterotype woman who is nothing without the help of her man. gah!

My gawd but Shawn just ruins the strong black woman in Jordan, just like somehow Carly ruins any semblance of a real man in Franco. I've decided Franco is hypnotized and somehow being around Carly is the trigger. He almost becomes like an Austin Powers Fembot about her. That last scene with Bobbie and Carly he was so robotic like he was in some kind of trance.

I have to say besides hott angry Ned that episode was a fail!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 6

It's dumb. Why not just have Fluke get the recording to Micheal and have him kill Ava and Sonny and Carly? Then Fluke gets ELQ by gaining Micheal's trust. Micheal rage kills Ava because she framed AJ for murder, etc. And he gets the Metro Court and possibly gets Micheal to screw Sonny over for killing AJ by embezzling his coffee money. Way better than Ava, incompetent pregnant hit woman.

• Love 3

My gawd but Shawn just ruins the strong black woman in Jordan, just like somehow Carly ruins any semblance of a real man in Franco. I've decided 

I think Franco's serial killer-ness ruins any semblance of a real man in Franco.

• Love 9

At least Ava has managed to actually injure or kill people, unlike a certain hitman I know (and hate).

I think Franco's SERIAL KILLER-ness ruins any semblance of a real man in Franco.

Fixed that for ya!  And agreed!

• Love 4

I had a mental image of Franco railing at Carly and saying something along the lines of, "I KILLED my psycho mother for you!" like a whiny teenager and I laughed, not gonna lie.

He sounded like he was reciting lines, ugh, I can't believe he freaking apologized to that hosebeast.

Hey, when's the last time we saw Duke?

Zzzzzzzzzz, I'm sorry, who?

Well, I think it's safe for me to say that MW is a damn miracle worker, because for the first time well ever, I didn't hate Kiki. I thought their scenes together were very sweet. WTF? I guess because I hold so much anger towards Kiki from when she treated her mom like absolute crap, when she's nice it's almost like she's a different person.

Ava isn't killing Michael, she isn't going anywhere for the time being (insert evil laugh) and I'm guessing the longer they push off this Ava/Nina confrontation, the better chance she has of having this kid. Not that Nina isn't going to steal it, she will, but every day I'm doubting miscarriage more and more.

I certainly wouldn't mind if Ava did off Michael though. Wimpy and boring.

Too bad Sonny didn't fall off the roof.

• Love 2

Franco is Franco. He's not someone else, and Roger Howarth is not making any of it work, nor could Laurence Olivier. He's failing miserably. He's unwatchable. He has some chemistry with Michelle Stafford (and Maura West, and Laura Wright) but it will never be enough to get past the black hole of suck that is this character, before and after Howarth. He's got to go.

• Love 11

Shawn is so horrible that I cannot even take any enjoyment in his physical being. The character is so repellent to me that I do not find his portrayer attractive.

To each his/her own however.

• Love 4

I've hated Shawn ever since he became Sonny's Chief Hypocrite and Boot-Licker.  I was thrilled when Alexis got out of his clutches but now he's ruining Jordan, who otherwise would be a strong female character.  Why does this show feel the need to raise him up by giving him good women who end up lowering themselves for him?

I thought that with Guza gone, it would no longer be The Sonny Corinthos House but it feels just as bad as before albeit with less screen time.  I was hoping and hoping that he would have to pay for what he did to AJ but thanks to Carly, nada.  Now he's sleeping with her because he happens to be without a bed warmer this minute and Franco is the one who ends up apologizing.

As for Tracy and FauxLuke, that story can't be over fast enough for me.

• Love 3

Tracy keeps getting dumber and dumber.

Carly apparently lost what little brain cells she had by screwing Sonny. Just yuck.

I enjoyed the Kiki/Ava bonding scenes and angry Ned. That was pretty much it.

I've hated Shawn since before that, when he was crawling up Carly's butt and trying to keep Jax from seeing Joss when she was in the hospital.

Tony Geary needs to retire to Amsterdam like yesterday. Luke could get shot from offscreen during one of his Skypes, and everyone could sort of shrug and say "oh well" and go about their day.

Loving Ned!!!

• Love 5

Tracy keeps getting dumber and dumber.

Carly apparently lost what little brain cells she had by screwing Sonny. Just yuck.

I enjoyed the Kiki/Ava bonding scenes and angry Ned. That was pretty much it.

I'd like to think the Tracy Quartermaine with the odd braid hairdo she used to sport circa 1979 or so, the Tracy who even withheld her precious father's heart medication, would take one look at what she has been reduced to and zap her 2014 self out of existence without breaking a nail and laugh as the 2014 self suffered before reaching blessed oblivion. Then again, I could say that for any of the vets on this show who have been declawed/warped in the name of RC's campy shit.

• Love 2

Just what makes Shawn so morally superior to Jordyn? After all he is the guy who beats up people on Sonny's orders when Sonny is too chicken to do it himself. Pretty soon, Sonny will have Shawn carrying Sonny's latest slam piece up the stairs. It might be funny if it was Snarly.

• Love 7
After all he is the guy who beats up people on Sonny's orders when Sonny is too chicken to do it himself.

Sonny pulling up a stool and proceeding to sit and enjoy his thugs beating the crap out of people is how I will remember MB.  What a vile and violent human being to play the male lead on a soap opera that is supposed to be about a hospital in Port Charles.

I thought that with Guza gone, it would no longer be The Sonny Corinthos House

Are you not entertained with the violence that this thug creates?  It would be a treat to have his last scene as one where he climbed the stairs onto a bus back to Bensonhurst with no future mention of him.

Will someone please explain to me like I am Sonny, how two people can be stuck in an elevator in a major hospital and people carrying on like nothing is happening?  Did anyone think of calling the fire department?

Poor MW.  After months of getting stuck in Sonny's orbit, she now has to share scenes with Kiki.

Poor us.  Sabrina is back.  The only semi- watchable scenes with that horrific actress were her scenes with Carlos - UCG. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

Franco is Franco. He's not someone else, and Roger Howarth is not making any of it work, nor could Laurence Olivier. He's failing miserably. He's unwatchable. He has some chemistry with Michelle Stafford (and Maura West, and Laura Wright) but it will never be enough to get past the black hole of suck that is this character, before and after Howarth. He's got to go.

Although I haven't seen any of his acting on OLTL before GH, from the get-go on GH, Roger/Franco and all the permutations he's been given to play have failed, because the actor is phoning it in. He's a smart ass who apparently thinks acting and taking direction is silly. He hasn't earned a cent of his salary, IMO. We're supposed to love him because he is playing Himself, no matter what role he's given. "Oh wow Roger's onscreen!" Get rid of the dope and the other two OLTL retreads, and give the money, time, and attention to actors who care about their craft.

Tony Geary needs to retire to Amsterdam like yesterday. Luke could get shot from offscreen during one of his Skypes, and everyone could sort of shrug and say "oh well" and go about their day.

Pardon my repetition, but this dude is the king of Being Impressed with Himself. FalseLuke/Real Luke/Tony seem to be merging more and more as the years go by, and the pathetic ghoul we are witnessing now is the result. I think he cares about his acting a shade more than Howarth, but that ain't sayin' much.

Is it a "coincidence" that both Howarth and Geary played reformed rapists who subsequently were arc'ed plotwise to fall in love with their rapees? Looks like we've had a nest of this type on GH, no doubt arranged by Geary, who has long dominated GH. Let's sweep 'em both out in the gutter where they belong.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5

I thought one of Fluke's big goals was to get rid of Sonny? Why not have Ava kill Sonny instead?!?

Because Ron has not yet figured out why Fluke hates Sonny. He threw out a throw away line months ago of Fluke "Talking" to 'Woody' (Read: Deke Woods) but since he is hell bent on having Fluke be Bill (Even though it makes no sense) He needs to figure out a way for Bill to know Deke.

I think sometimes that Ron has these very very complicated ideas in the back of his head, but he lacks the ability to bring them to fruition. He gets distracted, or bored and finds a new "Bright Shiny" and off he goes down that path.  It is one of the reasons this show desperately needs a co-head writer/historian/director with a set or something to keep putting Ron back on track. I think if we were seeing the soap that is going on in Ron's head, it would be pretty damn good, instead we see his distractions.

And now Sabrina is back....so here we go...Sabrina takes a job as Count Chocula's Nanny, and hang out at the Rib with Kiki and Levi cause that way all of Ron's useless bright shinny's will be in one room.

• Love 1