Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, ulkis said:

That would allow Dante to have a point of view and some agency, can't have too much of that.

*sigh* If Nina is allowed more point of view, practically, than the child's own mother, then Dante deserves a say-so, too.

They all very much need that family therapy Kevin suggested. With individual child therapy for Charlotte.

• Love 3

Is the actress who plays Charlotte a friend of Frank's? Was she an extra on OLTL? Way too much of this show is revolving around this motherfucking embryo that I don't give a single fuck about. I'm rooting for her to take a .50 cal bullet to the head so we can move the fuck on from this stupid ass bullshit. 

Why is Maxie offering Lulu motherly advice? What does she know about being a mother? Shut the fuck up.  Since KSt is going through some personal struggles they need to just go ahead and have Maxie and that Tree leave town for awhile or forever. 

Laura could've spent some quality "Netflix and Chill" time with Kevin but instead she chooses to have another pointless conversation with her rabies infested daughter. Dumb.

Can Sonny and Ava PLEASE kill each other so we can move on from this bullshit? I'm so tired of Sam and Jason's lives revolving around saving Sonny. Sam - who has already had two traumatic pregnancies - learns there are irregularities with her current pregnancy but instead of focusing on that worries about who killed Morgan. Are you kidding me? That motherfucking probably isn't even really dead. Fuck Jelly. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Just like when they were trying to get me to hate Lulu instead of Valerie during the cheating story this thing with them trying to get me to hate Lulu instead of Nina/Valentin has really backfired. I don't really give a flying fig about Lulu, but this story is such bullshit. This must be how Liz fans feel about her stories. I was even annoyed by Nina firing Maxie and I hate Maxie/think she should be fired for other reasons.

Anna and Griffin continue to be weird as hell to me. They kinda give me the willies but at the same time I think they should go ahead and fuck. It might make Griffin mildly interesting for a second.

Hi, Laura/Kevin! Bye, Laura/Kevin!

I was gonna skip the Ava/Curtis scenes because I don't fucking care about this shit, but once upon a time I actually really liked them as characters, so I watched. They should be completely removed from the Sonny/Jason orbit and have an affair or something so I can love them again.

I skipped literally everything else having to do with Sonny and Jason/Sam. 

Elizabeth IS always the loser in the end and that will NOT happen to Lulu.  Lulu and Charlotte will end up as the best mother and daughter duo that has ever existed in the world.  Valentine will end up losing access to Charlotte, because Lulu is the child of LnL2.   It's the main reason I know BSC baby rabies Lulu will win out in the end.  Up next, Rocco butchers his entire family!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Nina clearly does not want to share Charlotte at all. If she did she wouldn't have gotten so enraged at Maxie and she would be trying to reach out to Lulu and tell her about Charlotte since apparently knows what's best for Charlotte. But she doesn't want to share.

I don't necessarily think she does, either.  But I don't think she's against Lulu having a relationship with her, either.  But like it or not, she has thought about her.  She hasn't tried to force herself on Charlotte the way Lulu has.  She actually has kept her feelings in mind, unlike Lulu.  Like Nina or hate her, but she has, for once, done nothing wrong in this situation.

2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

No pity for Lulu.  Instead of sitting there listening to her daughter whine about screwing things up with Charlotte for the 1000th time, Laura should take a page out of the Red Foreman (from That '70's Show) playbook and shove her foot up Lulu's ass while calling her a dumbass.

She should give a kick to Maxie, too, because that was seriously invasive on her part.  She intruded on a situation that was absolutely none of her business.  I, too, am glad that Nina fired her.

Edited by Jabu
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Just like when they were trying to get me to hate Lulu instead of Valerie during the cheating story this thing with them trying to get me to hate Lulu instead of Nina/Valentin has really backfired. I don't really give a flying fig about Lulu, but this story is such bullshit. This must be how Liz fans feel about her stories. I was even annoyed by Nina firing Maxie and I hate Maxie/think she should be fired for other reasons.

Anna and Griffin continue to be weird as hell to me. They kinda give me the willies but at the same time I think they should go ahead and fuck. It might make Griffin mildly interesting for a second.

Hi, Laura/Kevin! Bye, Laura/Kevin!

I was gonna skip the Ava/Curtis scenes because I don't fucking care about this shit, but once upon a time I actually really liked them as characters, so I watched. They should be completely removed from the Sonny/Jason orbit and have an affair or something so I can love them again.

I skipped literally everything else having to do with Sonny and Jason/Sam. 

With the writers positioning Lulu so consistently as being an "impulsive Spencer," I'm pretty darn sure that the writers haven't been writing Lulu so we will supposedly like someone else rather than Lulu.   Sure looks to me that this is more about how the writers see the Spencer part of Lulu - as someone who emotionally jumps into situations without considering the consequences - than it is about building up other characters.   I do agree that the writers are giving Lulu bullshit writing, but I don't agree that it's writing meant to advantage other characters.  Rather I think it's a combination of this being how they see Lulu and of using Lulu to set up plot points (as so many other characters are used).  

As for Ava and Curtis, let them have an affair. I'd much see Curtis with her instead of Jordan anyway!! 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jabu said:

I don't necessarily think she does, either.  But I don't think she's against Lulu having a relationship with her, either.  But like it or not, she has thought about her.  She hasn't tried to force herself on Charlotte the way Lulu has.  She actually has kept her feelings in mind, unlike Lulu.  Like Nina or hate her, but she has, for once, done nothing wrong in this situation.

I think Nina has forced herself on Charlotte. Not as forcefully as Lulu, but she has. Marrying Valentin, a guy she barely knows, to help him out in regards to custody is forcing herself into the situation, imo. And she doesn't need to force herself on Charlotte as much, because she's already living in the same house with her. 

I don't think that Nina hasn't thought about Charlotte at all. But I think Nina's number #1 priority is to make herself Charlotte's main female figure in her life.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

That would allow Dante to have a point of view and some agency, can't have too much of that.

Dante who?  In this story, his role is to pat Lulu on the head and say "It will be OK, dear." 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

I hate this show so fucking much, especially when Scott Sickles writes. Fuck Jelly and Frank for this bullshit. Sick of the victims getting written as the villains to sell the useless fools not needed.

I am an avowed Lulu hater and I am firmly in her corner for this shit. Fuck the madness. Lulu should find drunk Luke to come back to run over Charlotte, Ginger Bitch and Quasimodo. She would be better off.

Julian should take his magazine back. I liked when Ginger Bitch and Franco were together. Easy to contain and fast forward their asses. Instead they infect everything. Everyone has to take it up the ass to sell their worthless ass.

I fucking hate the words Morgan, bomb and Sonny. Jasam couldn't focus on their baby for a full episode before the shit was drug up. Free us quickly from this mess.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Laura should have dived back under the covers with Kevin.

Or perhaps gone to a hospital board meeting about these potential layoffs?

YES!  Laura is on the board and GH is in a crisis.  Give her her own story rather than have her be all about her kids' stories.

• Love 6

I don't necessarily think Nina is against Lulu having a relationship with embryo. As long as she's married to Valentin she'll be a part of embryo's life. Even if she does want to be the only mother in embryo's life she doesn't have to bother actively poisoning embryo against Lulu when Lulu does a good job of that all by herself. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think Nina has forced herself on Charlotte. Not as forcefully as Lulu, but she has. Marrying Valentin, a guy she barely knows, to help him out in regards to custody is forcing herself into the situation, imo. And she doesn't need to force herself on Charlotte as much, because she's already living in the same house with her. 

I don't think that Nina hasn't thought about Charlotte at all. But I think Nina's number #1 priority is to make herself Charlotte's main female figure in her life.

I do think that Nina wants to be a big part of Charlotte's life.  However, I do have to give her credit for saying the right things to the child - things that will make her feel secure in a confusing situation.   I especially like how Nina spoke to Charlotte today about yelling at Lulu - and how she shouldn't do that.   That's a productive parenting thing to do. 

In addition, she even gets down to Charlotte's eye level to talk to her - a move which contributes to a feeling of security.   In spite of what ulterior motives we might see, I have to give Nina credit for doing and saying what a child would need in a complicated situation. 

• Love 10

Of all the recurring soap opera plots, the custody battle might be the one I hate the most*, or is at least the one GH has consistently been horrible at the last few years.  I don't think this one will top the sheer stupidty of non-bio father Griffin trying to get custody, but I'm sure it's going to irritate us for many more episodes.

ETA...and I just realized that I'll have to watch all of it because that's the storyline Nora's probably going to be in.  But why!

* though I am sad that the rumored Kyle/Fish vs. Kim/Clint custody battle never happened on OLTL.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Wow, they dragged Kelly Lee out of the recurring closet to talk to Sam and Jason.

Jordan's characterization of Buzz as having "possible and probably psychiatric problems" just because he's homeless was...insensitive, to say the least.

Ugh, Anna's headaches of course mean she's losing it. Again. HATE. She and Griffin should totally do it.

I really wish these stories would move. Nothing is happening in any of them. Everyone has the same conversations, sometimes with the same people.

I could totally get behind Ava and Curtis, except Sonny and Julian and Jason would be part of that package, so no.

Laura, it's going to take a lot more to creep out Kevin than telling him you felt good about killing Valentin in a dream.

Lulu, you can "fix all of this" by letting Charlotte grieve. Stop forcing things. (Though making Nina some sort of ideal maternal figure is ridiculous.) 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Laura, it's going to take a lot more to creep out Kevin than telling him you felt good about killing Valentin in a dream.

Kevin's had ample opportunity to get creeped out by her life and family drama and he hasn't run away yet, so I agree with you that a nightmare is the least of your worries, Laura.

• Love 1

Nina's tone bothered me when she spoke to Lulu and ordered her to leave (indulging Charlotte's rudeness, BTW, stellar parenting there!) and her patronizing "if you care about this child at all..." "This child" vs "Your daughter." Who is Nina to get to talk to Lulu like she has more right to Lulu's daughter than Lulu does?

• Love 5

Nina is the wife of the person who has legal custody of Charlotte. Like it or not, Nina does have more rights to Charlotte than Lulu does, at least for the time being. 

Speaking of the time being, move this frickin' story along. It's not as if the sides aren't clear.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 12

Fuck Ginger Bitch. Her ass is like Carly in that they overstep when it comes to other people's kids. Ava may suck ass but she is Avery's mom.

Lulu has to look bad in order to sell Ginger Bitch. We haven't forgot her ass inducing Ava's labor and running off with said child. I can't wait to see how they spend that shit in the custody trial to make Lulu the worst person ever to want her kid away from two psychos.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Anna's headaches of course mean she's losing it. Again. HATE. She and Griffin should totally do it.

Calling it now -- Anna was hypnotized by (insert villain here) to forget that she and Valentin (insert activity here) and the headaches are triggered by a post-hypnotic suggestion whenever she tries to remember it.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

I fucking hate the words Morgan, bomb and Sonny. Jasam couldn't focus on their baby for a full episode before the shit was drug up. Free us quickly from this mess.

Nevermind a full episode--they could barely focus a full scene.  But I did crack up at the unintentional comedy gold of Dr. Lee saying the baby's heartbeat didn't increase during the non-stress test.  Hell, its parents heartbeats NEVER increase.  I sometimes wonder if they actually have pulses. 

• Love 7
On 2/8/2017 at 7:30 PM, Aurora2 said:

I'm pretty darn sure that the writers haven't been writing Lulu so we will supposedly like someone else rather than Lulu.   Sure looks to me that this is more about how the writers see the Spencer part of Lulu - as someone who emotionally jumps into situations without considering the consequences - than it is about building up other characters.

I think that would be easier to believe if Lulu wasn't the wronged party again being positioned as the bad guy in favor of new characters. At this point both Lulu and Maxie's characters have been compromised to make WENEVERCARED seem like less of a worthless waste of time - and the embryo, who showed zero reaction at being passed from one apathetic "new daddy" to another, is suddenly traumatized by a mother who isn't trying to pawn her off on a strange man?

K. 

She's desperate to get her kid away from two unstable psychos and her family is treating her like she's overreacting instead of circling the horses against a verified threat. This isn't a balanced story where both sides are getting a POV and being written in character. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think that would be easier to believe if Lulu wasn't the wronged party again being positioned as the bad guy in favor of new characters. At this point both Lulu and Maxie's characters have been compromised to make WENEVERCARED seem like less of a worthless waste of time and the embryo who showed zero reaction at being passed from one apathetic "new daddy" to another is suddenly traumatized by a mother who isn't trying to pawn her off on a strange man?

K. 

She's desperate to get her kid away from two unstable psychos and her family is treating her like she's overreacting instead of circling the horses against a verified threat. This isn't a balanced story where both sides are getting a POV and being written in character. 

Yes. Why is it that Charlotte had zero issues with being able to call Nathan and Griffin Daddy for five minutes combined, when apparently now Valentin has been her loving Papa and sole parent forever, and has vehement issues from Day One with a new mommy (but at the same time absolutely *loves* her step-mother whom she also just recently met)?

Charlotte's motivations make no sense except to reinforce the point that Lulu Is Bad.

I don't know about the second part. Laura seems pretty 1000% in Lulu's corner.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5

I finally watched today for the first time in weeks. So, they're really still planning on calling this baby Scout, huh? Dumbasses. Although it was kind of nice to see Dr. Lee.

My god, what has happened to KSt? Someone on Twitter referred to her as a meth addict, and sad to say I don't think they were that far off. Her hair is AWFUL.

Yeah, I hated the custody storyline for Lulu the first time around. Why does every single thing she does have to revolve around baby rabies? This crap should have been over after Rocco was given back to them. We don't need Charlotte and we certainly don't need another fucking custody storyline.

Fuck you, Nina. Fuck you. I'll never forget what you did to Ava, and sugarcoating it as you used to yell at people a lot doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of your psychotic tendencies.

Sonny, meet woodchipper. Woodchipper, do your worst. And fuck Stephen A. Smith for continuing to get his sorry ass back on this show because he's a Maurice/Sonny stan.

Curtis and Ava were my one sparkly part, because they're just so easy on the eyes. I need Ava to get laid, and I certainly wouldn't mind if it were him.

Anna, unless you're going to bring Robert back, I don't need to hear it.

Damn, looks like I miss ranting on this show.

• Love 7

Yes, bring it on. What should their couple name be? "Avis"? "Curv"? Maura West is a chemistry machine.  

I have concluded with reluctance that I just do not find Emme Rylan a sympathetic performer. I could not stand her version of Lulu in the Lulu/Dante/Valerie triangle, and I cannot here either. Both times, she was holding at least some of the sympathy "high cards." Some would say she had most/all of them. I still found Lulu the least likable character involved. When she cries because something worked out badly, I should think, "What she did was wrong, but I understand the way she feels" (the cabin fire, the supply closet, today's Crimson debacle). Instead, it's more like..."A selfish, entitled person is blubbering because she didn't get her way."  (Not saying that ER is one in real life, of course.) 

That said, can we fast-forward to the part where shrieking Charlotte needs bone marrow or an organ and her biological mother is the only match? And Nina and Valentin have to go groveling? Please? Because I don't love anyone here.  

My guess is that Nina is going to quickly regret firing Maxie, but this will just push Maxie further to the Lulu side of this conflict.  

Credit where due. This situation they have set up with Sonny/Ava/Julian/"Liv" is pretty good. I'm actually looking forward to the part where Sonny claims he now knows Ava was responsible for Morgan's death, and he's talking about the car bomb and the surveillance footage, and she thinks he's talking about the switched medication.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

That said, can we fast-forward to the part where shrieking Charlotte needs bone marrow or an organ and her biological mother is the only match? And Nina and Valentin have to go groveling? Please? Because I don't love anyone here.  

I will accept this only if it comes out that the reason Lulu is the only match is because Valentin isn't her true father and Dante is.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

My guess is that Nina is going to quickly regret firing Maxie, but this will just push Maxie further to the Lulu side of this conflict.  

I forgot to comment on this, but it really hit home for me today. One of my co-workers/friends was fired today at work. She's incredibly smart, has wonderful ideas, very tech savvy, and could probably be running the whole damn company. But the guy she assists is an asshole, and because they didn't get along it looks like he had her fired. Dick.

Back to the show, this isn't going to make me more sympathetic to Nina. You would have been lost at this job without Maxie.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Laura seems pretty 1000% in Lulu's corner.

Yeah, but everyone (including Laura) keeps advising her to wait and be patient. There is no way that Laura would be okay with her grandaughter living with the man who murdered her son. 

Also? I need these shitastic writers to stop designating Laura to carry water for Friz. The SERIAL KILLER kidnapped her daughter and strapped her to a bomb as hitman foreplay. Alllll the show's rape victims should not be forced to excuse Franco's shitty, disturbing pre and post-tumor behavior.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

Also? I need these shitastic writers to stop designating Laura to carry water for Friz. The SERIAL KILLER kidnapped her daughter and strapped her to a bomb as hitman foreplay. Alllll the show's rape victims should not be forced to excuse Franco's shitty, disturbing pre and post-tumor behavior.  

It is really disturbing that all of the main characters Franco has hurt (or hurt family members) are made to interact with him on a semi-permanent basis or prop him up in various ways. Elizabeth, whose newborn son was kidnapped by Franco, is in love with him. Sam was manipulated into proving him innocent of one particular murder after he and Liz threw her mother under the bus. Laura is championing Friz and sees no problem with her three young grandchildren spending time with him. I'm not sure about Michael when Carly/Franco were going to get married but I'm vaguely remembering Carly urging him to try to get past it for her sake.

If Franco MUST be propped, have Hayden or Dr. Michael Easton or Ava do it. People we don't care about.

• Love 7

But for how long have people hurt by Sonny and Jason, or close to people hurt by them, been propping them? Lila was finding Sonny "quite charming!" even after he put AJ on a meathook and forced him to sign custody away, and beat Ned so badly that he was hospitalized.  

• Love 6
On February 7, 2017 at 2:29 PM, ulkis said:

Yup, she's got hippie hair. 

I must be ancient, because I think her hair is the best thing about her.

Not totally true.  I like Nelle because she is working against Sonny and Carly.  So I like everything about her.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

But why does it matter what Nina considers to be okay for Charlotte? 

The whole thing with Nina is that she is married to the legal parent, who has sole legal custody. Legally, Lulu is nothing to Charlotte. And she has only constantly screwed herself over with Charlotte. Nobody made her do stupid shit. She did all on her own. Not being able to control her actions, words and emotions will not look good in front of any family court judge. 

And believe me, it pains me to say Nina is doing the right things. She calmed Charlotte down, gently scolded her for yelling at an adult, and reassured that Charlotte would be ok. She told Lulu to leave and not to make things worse. And yeah, I do think that Nina is kind of right in that Lulu sees Charlotte as some sort of possession and not as a person with her own wants, needs and security. If Valentin had ever threatened harm to Charlotte, I could see the need to separate them. But he hasn't. Claudette? Sure. Anna? Sure. He has only been a loving parent to Charlotte. That is all Charlotte seems to know. And Lulu needs to work on getting Charlotte to trust her. Being parent/child is a long way off.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah, but everyone (including Laura) keeps advising her to wait and be patient. There is no way that Laura would be okay with her grandaughter living with the man who murdered her son. 

Laura lived with Stavros, Helena and Stefan for several years. I think she can control emotions for sometime if it will help her get what she wants. Hell, she managed to hide her son Nik until he was a teen, from Luke and the rest of the world. And Kevin should be fine dealing with Laura's issues. The man has a history of his own. And dealt with Scott and Lucy for decades. Not to mention his serial killer brother.

Maxie continues to be a moron. I don't care how wonderful she is at her job. She was a idiot of gigantic proportions to pull that shit. And then try to just say, "oops, sorry, my bad! Buuuuut Lulu is my friend and your hubby is being mean!" Maxie ain't that rare a talent. The only real interest might be to see how this hits Tree. He should be torn over this wedge that is splitting his new family. Nina has never been anything be loving to Tree. Hell, Maxie and Nina were getting along fabulously. If this show had actual competent writers and not hacks.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

This isn't a balanced story where both sides are getting a POV and being written in character. 

I hate this story with the heat of a thousand fiery nuns, and this is a main reason why. Regardless of whom I root for, it's ridiculous that everything is so completely slanted against Lulu.

7 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

There is no way that Laura would be okay with her grandaughter living with the man who murdered her son. 

I don't think Laura is okay with this, but I think she's also thinking ahead to Lulu actually getting some sort of custody, and that's why she's telling Lulu to sit tight. Lulu can't think past her nose. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So, NIna has Maxie's job.  Nina has Lulu's daughter.  Nina has Nikolas' house, and by extension marital fortune.  

Ok then.

They should at least throw in Spencer as part of the bargain.

This comment on Daytime Confidental cracked me up:

I have to be honest, during the dull as hell scenes with Anna (who I love) and Griffin (who I love to look at)...I was more interested in the day player couple behind them....she kept looking at the menu. Was she torn between a salad and a burger? There were times she looked like she was about to tell him something bad. Divorce? I want to know.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Everyone has the same conversations, sometimes with the same people.

I swear they are just recycling scripts at this point. I'm telling you, Liv and Julian have had literally the exact same conversation in every scene they've had. Like literally.

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

This isn't a balanced story where both sides are getting a POV and being written in character. 

No story is balanced and that's the main problem with the show tbh.

10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Yes, bring it on. What should their couple name be? "Avis"? "Curv"? Maura West is a chemistry machine.  

She really is. I swear Curtis showed more genuine and natural chem with her within a minute of them sharing a scene than he has after many scenes with Valerie and Jordan. Also, I kinda like Curv for their ship name. It's cute!

I have concluded with reluctance that I just do not find Emme Rylan a sympathetic performer. I could not stand her version of Lulu in the Lulu/Dante/Valerie triangle, and I cannot here either. Both times, she was holding at least some of the sympathy "high cards." Some would say she had most/all of them. I still found Lulu the least likable character involved. When she cries because something worked out badly, I should think, "What she did was wrong, but I understand the way she feels" (the cabin fire, the supply closet, today's Crimson debacle). Instead, it's more like..."A selfish, entitled person is blubbering because she didn't get her way."  (Not saying that ER is one in real life, of course.) 

I somewhat agree and I personally think this is a problem with Liz, too. The writing for both is atrocious, but neither actress helps it in any way and, in fact, they actually manage to make it even worse.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This comment on Daytime Confidental cracked me up:

I have to be honest, during the dull as hell scenes with Anna (who I love) and Griffin (who I love to look at)...I was more interested in the day player couple behind them....she kept looking at the menu. Was she torn between a salad and a burger? There were times she looked like she was about to tell him something bad. Divorce? I want to know.

LMAO! I was doing the same thing during those scenes. Those two were weirdly fascinating. Or maybe it's just that, like, a bottle of water is more fascinating than Anna and Griffin having the same convo they always have.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

...this isn't going to make me more sympathetic to Nina. You would have been lost at this job without Maxie.

Maxie needed a slapdown, although being fired is overkill. She's a worse snoop than Amy 2.0. Remember when Maxie just HAD to know the sex of the JaSam baby, and peeked at the doctor's note and then designed the baby shower cake to include the answer? Now she just HAS to "fix" the complicated Charlotte issue by calling Lulu over to see the child when the coast was clear.

Sooner or later, Nina may come crawling back to Maxie for help. Nina will need some help with Crimson, even if it isn't Maxie. I'd say that the actress who plays Maxie needed to be sent on a long vacation or rehab, but the character just got married, so that would be odd.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Everyone concluding that Spinelli helped Sonny out of the ankle monitor was hilarious. They clearly have as much faith in Sonny's intelligence as we do. Jason seemed so weary and resigned to the fact that he had to go find Sonny. You can practically hear him thinking "if only I had stayed Jake Doe, then I could be far the fuck away from these people right now." 

"Why shouldn't Sonny want payback?" Do the writers pay any attention to what they write? We've spent the past several months with Carly despairing Sonny's thirst for revenge and how it hurts their family. But now she's understanding of it? Just shut up, Carly. Your ass ain't leaving Sonny no matter what he does.

I enjoyed Dante's mini breakdown about losing his job and working at the hotel, because now I'm amusing myself by picturing Dante as a bellhop.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Everyone concluding that Spinelli helped Sonny out of the ankle monitor was hilarious. They clearly have as much faith in Sonny's intelligence as we do. Jason seemed so weary and resigned to the fact that he had to go find Sonny. You can practically hear him thinking "if only I had stayed Jake Doe, then I could be far the fuck away from these people right now." 

"Why shouldn't Sonny want payback?" Do the writers pay any attention to what they write? We've spent the past several months with Carly despairing Sonny's thirst for revenge and how it hurts their family. But now she's understanding of it? Just shut up, Carly. Your ass ain't leaving Sonny no matter what he does.

I enjoyed Dante's mini breakdown about losing his job and working at the hotel, because now I'm amusing myself by picturing Dante as a bellhop.

I think by what we see on screen it has to be pretty clear that none of the writers pay attention to what they write. Everyone either talks in circles or has the same conversation for months and nothing gets resolved, or they just get the character history plain wrong. (Sam didn't have a miscarriage with Lila, it was a stillbirth)

• Love 7

Where to begin? Truly.  WHERE?

Dante whining about losing his job for Sonny. Dante WHINING about looking the other way AGAIN. Carly bragging about her smart and wonderful Sonny.  Her SPINNING so hard she's outdoing Trump's mouthpieces. Sonny and his tantrums. MW having the tired task of pretending to look terrified of Sonny.  Jason talking down the sucky baby from being a moron.  It goes ON.

But what I really hated? Was Curtis. Curtis being THAT guy who pouts and whines and badmouths the woman he's attracted to because she won't do what HE wants. She won't have sex with him, she won't return his feelings, she won't give him his job back, she won't dump her boyfriend for HIS awesomeness.  Mansplaining the SHIT out of what Jordan thinks, feels and wants and dismissive of ALL of what she says because again, it's not what he wants to hear and therefore, it's not TRUE.  Bragging about how he can go after ANY woman and screw Jordan for not seeing all his glory. The only thing missing from that ugliness was him calling her a bitch or a whore.  Fuck you writers. This shit is NOT sexy or okay.  The only thing that I actually appreciated was Hayden being pretty damned neutral in the face of all that. She didn't immediately side with him. Her whole demeanor was "uh huh". I loved THAT.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't know who was worse today, Carly or Kristina.  They both need to take a thousand seats.

I don't even get why they gave Kristina such a big giant reaction. How random.

And seriously, no one told them about Alexis before this?

I haven't watched yet, just read a recap, but today sounds like a hot mess.

• Love 6

Sonny:  Brick, here are your headphones back.

Brick: No thanks, you keep them.

Anyone else think that Buzz looks like the lead singer from Alabama, circa 1985?

I haven't seen today's episode because it Boston is having Snowmageddon.  Again.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I haven't seen today's episode because it Boston is having Snowmageddon.  Again.

Can someone in NYC tell me if the ep was shown there? Though from what people are saying here, maybe I don't want to try to catch it.

15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sonny:  Brick, here are your headphones back.

Brick: No thanks, you keep them.

Anyone else think that Buzz looks like the lead singer from Alabama, circa 1985?

It's Boston!  When does it not snow in the winter!