Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

@NutmegsDad, thanks I needed a good laugh to start the morning.

@GHScorpiosRule, she tweeted that she had a cold & was blowing her nose between takes.

hmm, I guess that's why maybe her performance was so off.

And that's when I think the character finally got interesting.  Drew Garrett could only play rage, and he was screaming his lines all the time. I actually couldn't stand the character because of it.  He was also very slight in build and looked like he was perpetually 15 years old.

So does Chad though, imo, unless you're just looking at his body. But yeah, Drew did look young, but he was only on for a couple of months, and Michael was supposed to be 17/18 then. Now he's twentysomething and head of a corporation and still looking very young. Maybe that put that into the audition scripts every time they audition for Michael, heh. "Sensitive, passionate, must be drinking from the fountain of youth at home".

And that's when I think the character finally got interesting.  Drew Garrett could only play rage, and he was screaming his lines all the time. I actually couldn't stand the character because of it.  He was also very slight in build and looked like he was perpetually 15 years old.

Taking response to the Doppleganger thread.

They wouldn't be focusing on SB's picture if they were suddenly bringing in a new Jason.

They don't want to give away the casting news too early, and they can explain the different looks by the effects of being frozen and multiply revived. Robin's magic potion changes people at a cellular level. (Hey, if chemo can, why can't this?)

• Love 1

Felix will never be interesting or appealing, no matter how hard Ron tries. Ugh. Blech.

I'm amused that Nikolas told Britt he already had plans - with Elizabeth. And clearly he's not exactly jumping at the chance to spend time w/Britt.

Glad Dante rescued Nathan so quickly. 

Mac's line and having his fingers crossed - love you Mac!!! You're waaayyyy too good for Felicia. Felicia and Lucy, the idiot sisters. And Maxie, the idiot daughter. 

The rest - just more UGH!!!

Brad and Felix are NOT "hot "- Lucas, I'm disappointed in you for multiple reasons. 

• Love 3

Today, each segment was like the entrance to the next level of hell

Lucas talking to his sister about sex ---> Franco and Felix scene ----> Nik's pervert goatee

Ron just thinks about Lulu as Jessica Buchanan part 2, doesn't he? Victimized and obsessed with babies. ugh.

ahahaha Franco and his threeway days. And then he killed them afterwards.

I think the only genuine funny line today was Dante's "these are some special knots". Talk about trying to hard with all the threeway talk.

No Maxie, you stupid shit. You cost yourself your daughter.

• Love 4

I think the only thing worse than all the threeway talk was Carly talking about sexing up Jason while she was seducing her brother's father.  Lucas really should have ended that conversation then and there.

• Love 6

Carly talking about sexing up Jason while she was seducing her brother's father.  Lucas really should have ended that conversation then and there.

Hey, remember when I busted up your mom and dad's marriage because she let me be adopted into a family that loved me instead of raising me in a brothel?  Good times.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 15

I laughed so very hard at this wedding. So, the brain comes back at the altar, Maxie? And f u Dunklemonkey don't you dare shoot out BJ's heart. If you must, aim for the head.

What, you guys weren't thinking it?

I wish Georgie SR were here. She'd have kicked Dunklemonkey in the balls. And damn. Who doesn't have a gun? And who gives a bleep about Lulu? Dante and Nathan should be like well we tried and grab some wine and head to Anna' s.

Roger Howarth apparently can make cold fish seem ok. Was not annoyed by Felix today. Was bored by Sonny and the damn Sonny and Carly 4 eva anvils. I can't believe I'm saying this but Franco is too good for this shit.

• Love 3

What, you guys weren't thinking it?

Now that you mention it, it did cross my mind. ;-)

Honestly, I must be slipping -- I did not see the ICE guy coming. Please don't revoke my soap-watching card!

I actually thought Lulu was going to get shot and not be able to carry her miracle pregnancy leading to more agony and sadness.

I believe Nathan is my favorite character right now -- he's pretty and his character seems like he uses his brain. I fear what will happen to him when he and Maxie get together ( and I still want them together!)

• Love 2

I think the only thing worse than all the threeway talk was Carly talking about sexing up Jason while she was seducing her brother's father.  Lucas really should have ended that conversation then and there.

Hey, remember when I busted up your mom and dad's marriage because she let me be adopted into a family that loved me instead of raising me in a brothel?  Good times.

Hee, I was trying to figure out, why they hell the convo was worded so weirdly when I remembered the above. Said married man was your dad, Tony, Lucas.

I don't know if today was suppose to be a comedy or not but I laughed my ass off the entire episode.

• Is TC trying to look like RKK with the goatee & hair
  • Lucas thinking Felix is sexy
  • A serial killer calling Felix out for being a cold fish
  • Sonny basically saying, "So what you are saying is I still have a chance?"
  • Dante & the knots
  • The actor that plays Levi's facial expressions. I wanted to put him & KA together in a face-off in order to see who could make the most inappropriate facial expressions
  • All the 3-way talk. I bet Ron thought he was being risque which made me giggle. 

It seems that Ron doesn't want to write a relationship for any of the gay characters. It's all camp, plot point & "shocking" twists.

IMO, RoHo works with everyone but LW. PS & KT work so well as friends. I don't know what they were going for with the Liz/Nik lunch.

• Love 1
I actually thought Lulu was going to get shot and not be able to carry her miracle pregnancy leading to more agony and sadness.

It could still happen! don't give up hope! ;)

• Love 4

I don't know what they were going for with the Liz/Nik lunch.

It was the only way they could twist conversations around to include someone mentioning a third threesome. 

Nothing anyone says will convince me there was anything more to it than that. 

I spent most of the show thinking that the rumors about having to do hasty rewrites to replace other stories were true. Otherwise, who is the world would want to hear that much about the sex lives of strangers, relatives, or acquaintances? 

• Love 1

So does Chad though, imo, unless you're just looking at his body. But yeah, Drew did look young, but he was only on for a couple of months, and Michael was supposed to be 17/18 then. Now he's twentysomething and head of a corporation and still looking very young. Maybe that put that into the audition scripts every time they audition for Michael, heh. "Sensitive, passionate, must be drinking from the fountain of youth at home".

Chad does not look 15, and even when he started, he looked 18.  Drew looked like he was barely in his teen years, and he was almost the same size as Kristina (in height, build, and baby face).  Chad looks young, but he looks like an adult.  I can buy him as a 23 year old, but Drew never could have pulled off 18.  He would have been a good match, frankly, for Kristina or Molly had he not been cast as Sonny's son.  

I'm afraid of that happening too, and I really can't take Dante and Lulu in anymore baby/surgery storylines.  Please save us all - and them!

I believe Nathan is my favorite character right now -- he's pretty and his character seems like he uses his brain. I fear what will happen to him when he and Maxie get together ( and I still want them together!)

Nathan and Britt are my favorite newbie characters.  They are the only ones that worked (apart from Julian and Ava).  I think Nathan and Maxie will be fun together because Maxie is a firecracker, and she gets into trouble while Nathan is so straight laced.  Just wait until he finds out who his father probably is, and wait until Britt finds out too.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4

What a shame I'm on the Barge, 'cause I'm dying to know what oh-so-current cultural reference came up between the gay characters today.

"You watched reruns of Designing Women with him?! Well, you may as well just marry him, you bastard!"

• Love 4

It seems that Ron doesn't want to write a relationship for any of the gay characters. It's all camp, plot point & "shocking" twists.

Strike the word "gay" and it sums up the whole show. No one gay or straight has a real relationship it is all camp. Ron is writing a spoof not a soap

• Love 2

My new philosophy is that if I fast-forwarded over it, it didn't happen.  I ff'ed everything but what happened at the wedding.  

Mac continues to be awesome and I love the Nante bromance.  I hope they both shoot Levi and then go out for beers.  I suppose they can invite Anna to tag along.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Finally Ryan/Lucas groomed himself, it was about damn time. Why does everyone on this show look so awful so much of the time? I know they hardly have any money to spend on outfits and makeup (yeah right) but it's just gotten out of hand. Most of them are attractive, how hard is it to keep them looking that way?

The growths are multiplying all the time on the faces of the men, don't they know very, very few men can wear facial hair without looking like the missing evolutionary link? Franco is channeling his inner goat and Nik looks like Spencer got into some boot polish and enacted revenge on him for forcing him to have dinner with Liz and Spencer, just for starters.

It's bad enough to have to watch utter tripe like Maxie's "wedding" and Olivia having a "heart to numskull" chat with Sonny, or those very wasteful scenes between Carly and Lucas. This show is so exhausting.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

I think that Olivia's grandbaby rabies may be worse than Lulu's baby rabies.

This alone makes me want to throat punch Ron. Olivia in no way looks grandmotherly, but I don't believe she can be on screen without being forced to call herself a grandmother at least once. Pisses me off to no end. Ron, saying she's a grandmother in no way makes me see her that way. ugh!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

Nik looked bloated and well past his "sell by" date.  He didn't look this bad when Spencer was missing, but he does now that he got the mouthy little rugrat back.  Coincidence?

• Love 2

RC is going to completely change and destroy every remnant of Jason Morgan that is even remotely familiar to the audience just so he can put someone new in the role and make that person the new "newbie."

If Ron does this, I promise to not say anything bad about him for a whole entire month!

• Love 3

Nik looked bloated and well past his "sell by" date.  He didn't look this bad when Spencer was missing, but he does now that he got the mouthy little rugrat back.  Coincidence?

Ron should have done the whole Spencer kidnapping as a Ransom of Red Chief kind of thing. Spencer runs away and gets kidnapped by some nerd/thug (a great time for a big name guest star) and drives him so crazy that when it comes time for the Ransom the guy offers Nic money to take him back.

At least it would have made sense considering Spencer's personality and Ron could write his spoof without offending any ones intelligence

• Love 8

I saw the potential. McBain/Anna was mega hot.

Anna and anyone but Luke, Sonny, or Duke is hot.

Levi?

Wow, Dante, great cop work there.  You're standing behind Levi and instead of coming up behind him and getting the drop on him, you yell so he can spin around and keep Maxie a hostage.

• Love 6

Why show Why must you tease me that today is the day Levi dies. ugh!

Nik looked like he was ready for a bullfight. The facial hair didn't bother me as much as that thing on his head, how can such a hunky guy look so bad? and Brad looked like a rooster.

Britt hun don't nobody want you. What was up with her stringy hair and that big gulp? Sista was working that straw like a middleschooler.

Someone needs to screencap that ridiculous picture of Levi's inappropriate grin when he grabbed Maxie, that was sooo campy.

Nante back to back guns drawn.....why hello there officers. M-E-O-W!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

OMG I couldn't believe three quarters of today's show was devoted to three-ways. Seriously Ron????

And I know it's been said already but it bears repeating. How the fuck stupid are both Nathan and Dante? especially Dante, who was behind Levi and could have just taken a shot. But instead he walks past and in front of Levi to say 'drop your gun.'

That stupid-ass grin on Levi's face was reason enough to shoot him, whether or not he had Maxie gun point.

And Carly's book...'Don't Die wondering'? Really? So she's dreaming about the little moobster? good, put them back together...then I can FF through all their scenes.

WTF is with the bottom of RoHo's rib cage sticking out? And he's definitely stopped working out. He used to have a 6-pack, now, not so much.

If I try really hard, I can probably find something else to say about today's show. But I'd rather not tax my brain.

• Love 1

It's so bizarre to see Carly and Lucas being brother and sister. I don't think I'll ever get used to it. News flash, Lucas: There are no "wrong" fantasies.

The Franco/Felix conversation was just plain weird.

I loved how Mac looked like he was choking back the words "I DO!" when Lucy asked if anyone had any reason Levi and Maxie shouldn't get married. I also loved his crossed fingers. Hee.

Ugh, Sonny. He's just the worst. "I never meant to hurt you." Because he never thinks about anyone but himself.

LOL that Nik thinks he needs Britt to make him look like a fool.

I kind of enjoyed Levi's crazy eyes when he took Maxie hostage.

I got a "bi" vibe from Franco at the begining of his scenes with Felix, and for one fleeting second I actually cared about the character. A bisexual character on a soap could be interesting.

So theres an actual storyline revolving around if 3 guys decide to go for it! and have a 3 some? So much for compelling, deep drama about the realities and issues related to the gay community.

It does seem like they are setting up something pretty heavy with CarSon, and that it may be more than the obligatory once every year or two roll in the hay. I like the couple, but I also like that I will (hopefully) be able see RH work with someone else other than LW.

• Love 1

All I have to say about today:

I liked the three conversations going on, it gave everybody (Lucas, Felix, Brad) a point of view.  I didn't think anything of the threesome talk until Richard from Soaps In Depth started talking to Ron about it.

I loved the allusion to the The City. 

Call me naive, but I didn't expect what happened at the wedding to happen.  It had me on the edge of my seat.

Also at this point Lucy needs to stop marrying people, because something always happens.

Sometimes I think these stupid weddings could actually be exciting if the show had an actual budget. Like, if we got a location shoot in some beautiful building, there was tons of folks there, and then Levi took Maxie hostage? I feel like that could be fun. As it stands, it just looks like a bunch of adults playing make believe in an abandoned warehouse. Loosen those pursestrings, ABC!

So theres an actual storyline revolving around if 3 guys decide to go for it! and have a 3 some? So much for compelling, deep drama about the realities and issues related to the gay community.

As a member of the gay community, I'll simply say that threesomes seem to be something that comes up more often than I imagine they would for straight people, but perhaps that's just something my friends and I have encountered? *blush*

• Love 3

I got a "bi" vibe from Franco at the begining of his scenes with Felix, and for one fleeting second I actually cared about the character. A bisexual character on a soap could be interesting.

Interesting ideas mean nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, to Ron. It's all about the potential of a gay threesome in the middle of a Golden Girls marathon. That's what the people are just so desperate to see... /sarcasm powers activate!

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, the ORIGINAL Franco, played by James Franco, was TOTALLY in love with Jason.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
Glad Dante rescued Nathan so quickly.​

But why did the two of them stand there chatting for so long before going back out to the rest of the group, where the armed criminal was about to marry their friend?  I know, I know - those were some really good knots!

I mostly liked the show today.  I thought all the three-way talk was kind of amusing, and that the actors did a good job with it, although the brother/ sister sex talk was  little awkward.  And I always enjoy seeing characters that don't usually share scenes interact, even if they are Felix and Franco.  

• Love 1