Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Can someone explain it to me as though I were Sonny, why would Snarly have a picture of Helena on her phone.

She was messing with her phone while whatshername was talking, so I figured she was using a search engine to get a picture of Helena.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

I really didn't like Melanie Jonas on DAYS, but I am liking Molly as Maxie. She seems to bring some maturity with the Claudette storyline that KS might not pull off.

Julian and Alexis sure went from married to extreme violence between each other in minutes. Surprised they're taking Julian so far. This is beyond coming back and repairing them.

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I am sort of surprised that they would take the route with Jullian & Alexis. Those two actors brought a lot of attention to the show, got great press and appear to like each off screen as well. When he was holding the knife to her throat and basically terrorizing her I was like well there ain't no going back now. LOL!!! I'm guessing DeVry is leaving, right? Granted characters get redeemed all of the time but this might be a tough one. Maybe, FV didn't like that William DeVry was losing his hair. LOL!!! It's been months since Jullian took his shirt off and that's has fallen to the way side. I think DeVry is a good actor and compared to Maurice Bernard he's practically Marlon Brando. LOL!!!

8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I only hope that Julian won't claim a convenient brain tumor for his treatment of Alexis. Or he will be Faison in a mask. Something preposterous.

Julian uses Helena's dagger to kill Carlos.

Julian uses the same dagger to threaten Alexis.

This is how they're getting Julian out of this:  The dagger is cursed.

It'll truly be a "Helena ..." ... [commercial] .... "and that's how she did it" moment.

And then Alexis will grovel for not believing in him all along.

This, of course, is contingent on Jelly not losing their respective jobs come the end of summer.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Francie said:

Well Helena did make sure to namecheck both of Sam's parents when she laid the curse smackdown on her last year.

• Love 6
(edited)

I know most don't agree, but can Julian just be a bad guy at his core?  Why does it have to be a cursed dagger or a tumor or an imposter with a melting face or something else?  For once, just let a really bad guy be just that, a really bad guy, who isn't magically redeemable.  No excuses, no medical mysteries, no weird voodoo.

Okay, stepping down off my soap box.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

I know most don't agree, but can Julian just be a bad guy at his core?  Why does it have to be a cursed dagger or a tumor or an imposter with a melting face or something else?  For once, just let a really bad guy be just that, a really bad guy.  No excuses, no medical mysteries, no weird voodoo.

Oh, Francie (and I know she'll forgive me speaking for her on this) completely agrees. She's saying Helena's dagger being cursed is probably the bullshit reason they will give him for getting out of this. In turn I'd like to be able to say her theory is ridiculous, but this is GH and we know it's possible. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Well, "brain tumor" was already done.

It gives Sonny plenty of opportunity to walk around being self-righteous -- something he doesn't do nearly enough. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

I know most don't agree, but can Julian just be a bad guy at his core?  Why does it have to be a cursed dagger or a tumor or an imposter with a melting face or something else?  For once, just let a really bad guy be just that, a really bad guy, who isn't magically redeemable.  No excuses, no medical mysteries, no weird voodoo.

From your keyboard to Doug Marland's ear. I think most, actually, do agree with you. It's just that everyone wants an out for their particular favorite.

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, Francie (and I know she'll forgive me speaking for her on this) completely agrees. She's saying Helena's dagger being cursed is probably the bullshit reason they will give him for getting out of this. In turn I'd like to be able to say her theory is ridiculous, but this is GH and we know it's possible. 

My theory is TOTALLY ridiculous. Which is exactly WHY I think it's a strong possibility. If it were less ridiculous, I'd be more skeptical.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Holy hell, I was sorta kidding yesterday about Sonny rescuing Alexis, given that he and Carly were heading to bed when last we saw them on Wednesday. 

When I saw him save her, I thought of your post and laughed out loud. Literally. I should say I couldn't believe it, but of course I do.

• Love 1

So am I the only one who has always had minimal issues with Molly Burnett and thinks she might make a viable Christina Baldwin? It's cool, I'll wait

I've always liked the actress, even when Melanie Jonas annoyed me. But that's the old argument of the show not needing new characters when they can't or won't write for the ones they have. IMO it's far more frustrating to see an actor come on and be wasted, than for them not to come at all. I'd rather she go on to something better.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was sorta kidding yesterday about Sonny rescuing Alexis

St. Jasus was in Greece. No one else other than these two do any saving around Port Charles.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Whether it's a curse or just Julian being evil is so....whatever...to me, tbh. The writing and acting has been so atrocious. 

Maybe that's why I loathe this entire story so much. I think the acting more than the writing is killing it.  Was the actor who plays Julian (sorry, his name slips my old mind) always this horrendous? 

On a happier note, I'm still squeeing on Kevin & Laura, although, I was kind of hoping that Spencer did have something fatal, the kid gets on my nerves with his way OTT routine (I can't call it acting).

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Jason giggling and saying "K" was randomly hysterical to me.

I was rolling over that. But otherwise I still hate Jason/Sam. Mostly because they're just SO BORING.

I ffwd all the Sonny scenes and I still got a rage blackout from him saving Alexis.

KEVIN! He makes everything better.

As soon as Carly said Jax didn't want her looking into Joss' kidney I thought of whoever (maybe @TeeVee329) speculated that he was returning just to be the one behind Joss' black market kidney. That is so happening. Sigh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Was the actor who plays Julian (sorry, his name slips my old mind) always this horrendous? 

As bad as the actor playing Julian was - at least he enunciates his lines. I don't need to watch the closed-captioning during Julian's dialogue like I do with mumbling Jason and Sonny who just can't spit the words out. 

It was not surprising seeing Sonny saving the day nor was it surprising seeing him telling the police commissioner to take a hike at the hospital.

I hope that Sam fans who wanted the show to know who her dad was enjoyed their time. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, In2You said:

I thought she was really screechy and whiny her first stint. I wasn't impressed and didn't understand the hype she got. This stint she's toned down the whining and screeching but she's still not good. She lacks charisma and they're trying so hard to make Kristina this sexual character and she just can't sell it. 

Well, she was just a kid back then. A kid with severe daddy issues. The screechiness and whining was a given :P . I think her popularity back then was a combination of both LA's phenomenal acting (the abuse storyline and Kristina's subsequent trauma, were incredibly well acted by LA.) And the popularity of Ethan/Kristina (both of them had undeniable chem imo).

The problem with LA now is that her storyline has been getting no type of traction. She's on a day or two and then disappears for weeks on end. It's hindering her storyline's appeal. LA can act her ass off with the right stories and screentime. Unfortunately, this new regime doesn't favor Kristina the way Guza's did. 

• Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I hope that Sam fans who wanted the show to know who her dad was enjoyed their time. 

Speaking of, I'm seeing a lot of Sam stans on Twitter insisting that the show has to retcon Julian being her dad because he turned out to be a shithead.  And...what?  No they don't.  If he's good enough for Lucas (who?), he's good enough for her.

9 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

The problem with LA now is that her storyline has been getting no type of traction. She's on a day or two and then disappears for weeks on end.

And they're trying to do a triangle with a character we haven't seen since, when, February or March?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

I need to buy myself a lottery ticket.  I said stupid Sonny with his stupid gun would be the one to save Alexis and low and behold, stupid Sonny with his stupid gun is the one.  Although I don't understand why he said he was the one to stab Alexis.  There would be no reason for the police to go after Alexis for stabbing the man who almost killed her, but if the police wanted to get something on Sonny, now's a good time to get him for attempted murder.  Also, Julian's alive and can tell them that it was Alexis who did it.  So stupid.  

So Carly's walking around with a photo of helena on her phone?  Aren't we all, really.  

Why is everyone out and about after midnight?  Paul, yesterday, said it was after midnight which is why they couldn't get a warrant from a judge.  So today, CarSon are meeting people at the restaurant after midnight.  Spencer entering and winning a hot dog eating contest, after midnight.  What the heck?

• Love 8

I loved Molly and Kristina's faces when they heard what was going on. 

The "fight" between Julian and Sonny was so badly blocked.

Anna's face when Sonny said he stabbed Julian was pretty funny, too. 

Was Paul talking to Jax at the hospital? Do they know each other? Why would either call the other?

I'm bummed the person on the island appears to be a dude. I still can't believe Helena died with so little fanfare.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

Well, she was just a kid back then. A kid with severe daddy issues. The screechiness and whining was a given :P . I think her popularity back then was a combination of both LA's phenomenal acting (the abuse storyline and Kristina's subsequent trauma, were incredibly well acted by LA.) And the popularity of Ethan/Kristina (both of them had undeniable chem imo).

The problem with LA now is that her storyline has been getting no type of traction. She's on a day or two and then disappears for weeks on end. It's hindering her storyline's appeal. LA can act her ass off with the right stories and screentime. Unfortunately, this new regime doesn't favor Kristina the way Guza's did. 

I didn't see any romantic chem between Ethan and Kristina at all. She came across like his kid sister. I haven't seen her have chem with anyone they've attempted to pair her with.

Yes, I assumed Carly's phone pic of Helena was from a quick Spyder-Finder "Most Dangerous People in the World" search, not a personal photo.  

The right way to write and direct the Sonny/Alexis/Julian scene at the docks would be to have Alexis stab Julian in the back at a point when Sonny looked like a goner. The two guys fight over the gun, there's the expected punching, kicking, and slamming into the wall, Julian gets the upper hand, he has the gun pointed at Sonny, he says "Nice try, Corinthos. I've waited a long time for this," and then there's the shocked look on Julian's face and he keels over with the knife in his back.

I truly believe that if any other male character on the show besides Sonny or Jason had been Alexis's last-minute savior -- Dante, Nathan, Paul, Nikolas, Curtis, any of them -- that's the way it would have been done. But of course, it's Sonny, who can never even be shown to be on the ropes in any kind of conflict (except for that one time Manny Ruiz inexplicably beat him up during the train-disaster story), so we get this version where the struggle between Sonny and Julian is inconclusive, and Sonny had just spat out bravado about Julian begging on his knees. So Alexis's stabbing Julian in the back looks like overkill. Sigh.  

• Love 6

Sonny saving the day would've been so much more entertaining if he had grabbed the dagger and jumped into the harbor with it.  If he's got to constantly be the hero, I should at least be able to get a South Park-esque laugh out of it ("Oh, God, they killed Sonny!  You bastards!").

• Love 5

I am just throwing this out there because it IS a soap.  Is it possible that something has happened to Julian during the last six weeks?  Has he been drugged or is it the "real" Julian.  Could Helena or the new evil Cassidine have a hand in the 180 degree change in Julian?  

• Love 4

You can never rule it out on this show, movingtargetgal.  Ever.

Today's episode was basically part of Robin Williams' monologue from Good Morning, Vietnam: "Oh, the reports are coming in now--'I really like the music,' 'I really like the music,' 'I really like the music'!  Ooh, it's still a bad song!"  Apart from the theory that Julian has basically reverted to type--and, in fairness, I can at least grant that point--I've kind of hated Show so utterly demolishing Julian and Alexis pretty much solely for dramatic effect, even if NLG and WdV have been doing their best to save it.  Alexis using Helena's dagger when she did--not that she did at all--just made it worse, since that directly led to Sonny taking the rap for it when he absolutely didn't have to except to make him look that much more heroic and mother of God we didn't need that at all, show.

• Love 7

I've thought it has been obvious that this Julexis mess is tied to Helena's curse in her will video. It could be mind control, drugs, or doppelgänger, with the real Julian could be stashed on CI.

If they do bring Valentin on,  at one point under Guza, he was described as so eeeeeeeevil that Helena was afraid of him.

I could be wrong, but given the tweet from Franktern today about how amazing NLG & WdV's performances have been (I'm not real sure of the wording), I don't think they are killing Julian off.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Bill C. said:

Sonny taking the rap for it when he absolutely didn't have to except to make him look that much more heroic

But does it really? The situation was so clearly self-defense that I think it makes him look like he's trying to be a glory hog. He already got Alexis free from Julian's clutches; now he has to claim he stabbed Julian, too? It's laughable.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well Helena did make sure to namecheck both of Sam's parents when she laid the curse smackdown on her last year.

I meant to quote this in my last post, but this plus the interaction between Julian, Alexis, and Helena during that Fluke bullshit has made me think this sudden turn from, "I love you more than I have ever loved anyone in my life," to, "You must die now, BITCH!" is part of the curse.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But does it really? The situation was so clearly self-defense that I think it makes him look like he's trying to be a glory hog. He already got Alexis free from Julian's clutches; now he has to claim he stabbed Julian, too? It's laughable.

Heroic probably wasn't the right word, come to think of it...or at least not to the degree expected by, well, normal people.  But otherwise it's sound: Alexis stabbed Julian somewhat randomly, at a point in the fight where it didn't really matter--or at least not as much as it could have--so, even though Alexis could have made some sort of self-defense case for it, Sonny has to be a Big Damn Hero and take all the blame for it to get her out completely clean...or at least until Julian blabs.  Which is where all this shit falls apart, depending on how incompetent the PCPD is written next week.

Show: "See?  Sonny's a good guy!"

Us: "Um...yeeeeaaaah..."

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Maybe that's why I loathe this entire story so much. I think the acting more than the writing is killing it.  Was the actor who plays Julian (sorry, his name slips my old mind) always this horrendous? 

Whatever, not only do I not think he's been horrendous, I think he's been okay to even good. Guess I'm alone with all the wine and chocolate on that one. Oh well, more for me.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of, I'm seeing a lot of Sam stans on Twitter insisting that the show has to retcon Julian being her dad because he turned out to be a shithead.  And...what?  No they don't.  If he's good enough for Lucas (who?), he's good enough for her.

I guess they're forgetting the part where Jason threatened to kill her.

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

So Carly's walking around with a photo of helena on her phone?  Aren't we all, really.  

It would be so awesome if whenever someone in town asked a question why, the other person would hold up their phone with a picture of her and just say, "Because...(flash)"

• Love 5
3 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Has he been drugged or is it the "real" Julian.  Could Helena or the new evil Cassidine have a hand in the 180 degree change in Julian?

He got a tumah. Or he caught Tracy's brain worms.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hate to slam a young performer, but the Molly actress today? Not good. At all. I've thought she was okay at the heavy stuff sometimes in the past (the big argument with Alexis about defending Carlos), but her teary screeching act today came off very forced, like something from junior high drama.  

I'll double down. I missed almost all of Spencer's front-burner heyday during a viewing hiatus (somehow I did see one day of him fulminating about his "townie" rival, and also ALW's guest appearance as the angelic version of SWSNBN) and I see why so many of you can't stand him. A little of that exuberant camp, in a show that is so ill-matched to it, goes a long way.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Whatever, not only do I not think he's been horrendous, I think he's been okay to even good. Guess I'm alone with all the wine and chocolate on that one. Oh well, more for me.

I think he's been good too. Compared to Mo, he looks like Olivier. Of course, so does 99% of the cast.

• Love 8

I really wasn't impressed with HP's acting when Molly did have a storyline and love triangle.  She's always been shrill to me and Molly's always been an annoying character.  Honestly surprised they haven't just sent Molly away to school offscreen like they did Morgan and Kristina.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Has he been drugged or is it the "real" Julian.  Could Helena or the new evil Cassidine have a hand in the 180 degree change in Julian?

He got a tumah. Or he caught Tracy's brain worms.

You forgot the good ole Mind Control Micro Chip in the brain. :)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Not really. Making Julian her father was mostly a waste of time since their relationship was never developed on screen. The only real positive is that she gained a brother but that relationship was also never developed on screen.

STFU Nik. I wish him and his stupid loser brat would fall off a parapet. 

I'm ready for Julian to die so we can move on to the next bullshit story. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I hate to slam a young performer, but the Molly actress today? Not good. At all. I've thought she was okay at the heavy stuff sometimes in the past (the big argument with Alexis about defending Carlos), but her teary screeching act today came off very forced, like something from junior high drama.  

HP has always been a pretty consistent young actress to me, but I do admit that today wasn't her best day. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

You forgot the good ole Mind Control Micro Chip in the brain. :)

SOMETHING'S going to be discovered in the hospital. I'll throw out my guess as Helena's famous batch polonium poisoning, via the dagger. Come to think of it, that damn dagger is still in his back -- that'll make it handy for the staff to "Hmmmm....that's odd" his test results and match them with the dagger. 

• Love 1

I do think Julian began as a simple plot axis for Ron and Frank - mob character comes in to beef up story for Sonny, which was reliably rumored to be a major network concern in 2013. Ron hits on bringing back the Jeromes and the Julian connection for Duke and Anna, but because neither he nor FV consider Duke a real priority or because Ron simply lost focus, the story with Julian remains largely focused around Sonny's mob wars. (Ava was to be a very short-term character herself, maybe a week at best, until they got and fell in love with Maura West.) The Sam/Alexis angle was, reportedly, introduced because Ron wanted to finally tell the story of Sam's father, and with that loose story thread and the network request for more mob story, Ron and Frank hit on the idea of weaving two threads together by making Julian Jerome Sam's father. But all of that was ultimately incidental to his plot function for their storyline, and the character took off larger than they'd ever intended. Which is why neither of them have ever worked too hard to move Julian away from his dark origins, whether together or separate.

I think the development of the Julian/Sam and Lucas relationships was intermittent at best, and rushed from the beginning. I actually think deVry has developed a decent bond with both actors, but no, I never bought him as Sam's father and I think her swift acceptance of him and his business has always been bizarre for someone so loyal to Jason and the Corinthos organization.

I have always believed - and still do - that Sam's father is Stavros Cassadine. Alexis remembers her teenage interlude with Julian which was far more comparatively innocent than a violation by her brother, and her mind chooses to believe that Julian was her first. She's blocked out the truth.

I do agree that if anyone kills Julian it should be Alexis. This is what she's bought and sold herself and her family, she needs to put him down to begin to advance anywhere as a character beyond the pathetic wretch she's become, despite NLG, deVry, etc. actually doing some good work in what could be a really solid storyline, were there better writing - the drama and the background is all there onscreen. And I do think he will go, unless the network steps in to insist on saving Dreamy Count Rogaine. But I doubt it.

• Love 5

Well now that Julian is injured and in the hospital, will his story interact with the GH patient killer?

Would it have killed the show to have either Lucas or Griffin to actually be the doctor on call when Julian was brought in. They actually would belong in this story unlike nameless doctor that we had today.

I know Molly was worried about her mother, but I wouldn't blamed her if she said a big fat I Told you so when Alexis finally came home.

• Love 6

With the way that the PCPD has been working with Sonny, I'm shocked that they didn't have him on speed dial.  That way, when Julian caught on, they could have just had him go knocking on the door to "harass" Alexis some more about taking his side or something, and thereby saving her from being taken from the house in the first place.  Then they could have stalled for more time for the judge to come through.  Woohoo! Sonny saves the day by following the law.  They even could have had the big fight, and Sonny would have had to use lethal force, but he would have clearly been on the side of good.  

I cannot stand Spencer.  Why can't that kid be SORAS'd or recast?  There's no one that thinks he's cute or funny.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, smores said:

With the way that the PCPD has been working with Sonny, I'm shocked that they didn't have him on speed dial.  That way, when Julian caught on, they could have just had him go knocking on the door to "harass" Alexis some more about taking his side or something, and thereby saving her from being taken from the house in the first place.  Then they could have stalled for more time for the judge to come through.  Woohoo! Sonny saves the day by following the law.  They even could have had the big fight, and Sonny would have had to use lethal force, but he would have clearly been on the side of good.  

I cannot stand Spencer.  Why can't that kid be SORAS'd or recast?  There's no one that thinks he's cute or funny.

I think that TPTB adore that actor but to me he is not JJ who was a great child actor.

• Love 2