Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I am a happy Sam fan girl today.  I loved the hospital break out.  When Sam told Lucas that the hospital gown wasn't her color, Jason reached out and looked like he was playing with Lucas' stethoscope.  It was pretty funny.  I know I am greedy, since we had lovely Davis girl scenes yesterday, but I would have loved to see concerned Lucas at his sisters bedside as well, and not just a 2 second hallway scene.  But I'll take it. 

LOVED the JaSam/Danny family stuff.  And I love how desperate Sam was to be home with her baby.  FINALLY got to see Jason spend more than 2 seconds with his other son.   It's about damn time.  He has been glued to Jake's ass for months.  And I love how Jason kept inching closer and closer to her.  I like that they are both still nervous with each other.  But man did Billy go in for that kiss.  Wow.  Their first love scene is going to be smoking hot.

• Love 17

More posts regarding Liz and things which were not part of the episode have been deleted. Keep it to history or character threads, as another reminder.

If this persists, we will have no choice but to escalate to warnings as you have all been made aware of this repeatedly.

• Love 1

Not happy to see Lucas and Brad as just "go to" people for Kristina to ask questions about her same-sex tendencies. In fact, I'm not happy to see Lucas with Brad at this point. There is ZERO investment in that relationship. RC obviously had no interest in them and neither do the current writers, apparently. Legacy Lucas deserves more! Why is this so hard for the writers to see? On other fronts, I'm going to need Curtis to be a disciple of Satan because that's how bad he seems to be in Jordan's eyes. I did notice that Jordan mentioned cocaine when talking about him to Valerie. Was Curtis a drug dealer? Drug user? Or perhaps both?

I thought the scene with Kristina, Brad, and Lucas was nice (especially given how isolated it must be since she hasn't come out), but I do think it's a shame that the writers don't seem more invested in Brad and Lucas.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas, Brad, and Kristina are swept aside when the writers decide to play with their mob toys.

• Love 1

I just don't see Kristina faring any better than Brad or Lucas here. And with Ashley Jones off for more than a month? I already see how much investment this regime has in Kristina being bi or gay.

Zero. This just screams ploy to me rather than a real desire to explore Kristina's character.

I hope I'm wrong here! But Lucas/Brad as the litmus test doesn't fill me with confidence that the writing will remember it's 2016.

• Love 3

I thought the scene with Kristina, Brad, and Lucas was nice (especially given how isolated it must be since she hasn't come out), but I do think it's a shame that the writers don't seem more invested in Brad and Lucas.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas, Brad, and Kristina are swept aside when the writers decide to play with their mob toys.

That scene was by far my favorite of the day.  But, yes, it probably will be swept aside when the writers change their mind for the eleventieth time and decide that Parker is really stalking Kristina and she's not into women at all. 

The less said about the Jason/Sam scenes the better--though it's pretty dumb that they dragged the story for over a year and now are going at breakneck speed to reunite the stupor couple without much buildup. 

As to Helena's will, there's just no way she didn't leave that Lulu/Stavros embryo to Lulu, is there?  Yuck.  Also gross.

• Love 2

TPTB could have changed their mind, but when this broke as a blind item, it said a character's sexuality would be "fluid". That says bi to me, but who knows.

I just hope they don't go the insulting route of, "She's had bad experiences with men, so she turns lesbian!" (With it's equally insulting counterpart, "As soon as she experiences the cocklove of a good man, she'll go back to "normal"!).

I mean, it's hard to conceive of writers being that backward in this day and age.  But then I look at Sonny Corinthos, and how his Cro-Magnon ides about women are openly celebrated on this show, and I can't rule out the possibility.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 4

LOVED the JaSam/Danny family stuff.  And I love how desperate Sam was to be home with her baby.  FINALLY got to see Jason spend more than 2 seconds with his other son.   It's about damn time.  He has been glued to Jake's ass for months.  And I love how Jason kept inching closer and closer to her.  I like that they are both still nervous with each other.  But man did Billy go in for that kiss.  Wow.  Their first love scene is going to be smoking hot.

Yes to all of this! But most especially the bolded part. I thought that was awesome how with every word he moved closer and how he obviously didn't want to leave but wanted to make sure she was okay with him staying, very nicely done. I agree, the kiss was hot. I'm glad there's finally some movement with their story.

I'm not so sure Kristina will be gay. Do the writers have the balls to make Sonny's only daughter gay? Well his only daughter that's now grown anyway. We all know how the writers like to stick their gay characters back in the closet. I'm thinking Kristina will end up being bi-sexual. This mess with her professor will be a way to stir up a dramatic storyline. I'm betting once this story plays out Kristina will realize she's bi-sexual then eventually forget and end up having a boyfriend and maybe even a husband at some point down the line, never to revisit her bi-sexuality again. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 7
The less said about the Jason/Sam scenes the better--though it's pretty dumb that they dragged the story for over a year and now are going at breakneck speed to reunite the stupor couple without much buildup.

"Stupor couple" is great. And so apt in this case, with Billy's lack of affect and Kelly's neurasthenia.   

As I cannot stand them together, the half-assedness of it is all that's making it amusing to me. "Hey, I remember something! And something else! Did I used to say that? Did we do this? I remember that! Let's make out!" 

• Love 6

Well, damn. Dante/Jordan had a 5 second, miiiildly flirty scene and now I desperately want them to christen that pool table. That is not a thing I've ever thought when Dante was in a scene with NuLu or Valerie

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

What has happened to Jordan? She is a harpy. I kind of like the therapist guy and he doesn't deserve her sourpuss.

Dante is one haircut away from a Dorthy Hamill.

Maxie and Nathan's matchmaking was cute, I'm sure it will backfire somehow though.

Is it wrong when they talk about Helena's will reading I keep picturing when everyone shows up there will be a big puff of smoke and like the wicked witch of the west Helena will appear cackling?

I could not believe one episode later Liz made bitchface at knowing Jason helped Sam sneak out of the hospital and they are together. Move on. ugh

I'm really diggin' Laura, she is really hilarious.

Jason and Sam with Danny was really well done. JaSam kiss really hott!

I'm shocked..shocked I tell you that one day in and Liz is already catching Hayden out. Let's play apple cart turnover. Hayden becomes Liz and Liz becomes Sam. RME!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 7

The energy in the Jordan/Curtis scenes doesn't feel at all like 'hate you because I know it's f*ed up that I want to screw you' energy. It feels like genuine hostility from both sides with a soupçon of contempt from Curtis. I think I prefer that - it's unexpected.

There is just nothing between Curtis/Valerie. No spark, no chem, nada. FFS! Pair her up with Dillon and let Tracy rip into her for hurting Lulu. I need these writers to write a family that isn't the Davis Coven*.  I mean, why don't Bobbie and Laura care about this girl and the damage she's done and her place in their family? I don't care about Valerie Spencer - but I want to

* I love the Coven and I'm actually thrilled that they're getting good family writing but these mature, female writers are doing a shit job at writing for every other family in PC

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Oracle42, I agree with your read of Curtis/Jordan, but about this:  

There is just nothing between Curtis/Valerie. No spark, no chem, nada.

What I'm getting from Curtis, who is played by a very interesting actor, is a purely physical interest. Which I can see. But when he's acting as though he's interested in her as a person, I'm not buying it. It doesn't have anything to do with my not finding her interesting as a person; I don't have that much of a problem with Valerie. I just think he's coming off as somebody who has found a hot piece of ass and probably already has an escape route mapped out. For what that's worth.  

I think if I were writing a parody of a soap, I'd do something like the Curtis/Jordan story and just never fully explain it. Keep having them snipe at each other and add little details without ever connecting the dots. Like, now we've gotten a reference to cocaine, and the next time they're on together, have him say, "You weren't so innocent yourself in those days. I haven't forgotten what happened on that goat farm. A lot of other people haven't, either," and have Jordan look panicked. Then never bring up a goat farm again.  

• Love 5

Oracle42, I agree with your read of Curtis/Jordan, but about this:

What I'm getting from Curtis, who is played by a very interesting actor, is a purely physical interest. Which I can see. But when he's acting as though he's interested in her as a person, I'm not buying it. It doesn't have anything to do with my not finding her interesting as a person; I don't have that much of a problem with Valerie. I just think he's coming off as somebody who has found a hot piece of ass and probably already has an escape route mapped out. For what that's worth.

I think if I were writing a parody of a soap, I'd do something like the Curtis/Jordan story and just never fully explain it. Keep having them snipe at each other and add little details without ever connecting the dots. Like, now we've gotten a reference to cocaine, and the next time they're on together, have him say, "You weren't so innocent yourself in those days. I haven't forgotten what happened on that goat farm. A lot of other people haven't, either," and have Jordan look panicked. Then never bring up a goat farm again.

All of this! THEN there's still that thing about Franco that I really hope the writers haven't forgotten about.

Is it wrong when they talk about Helena's will reading I keep picturing when everyone shows up there will be a big puff of smoke and like the wicked witch of the west Helena will appear cackling?

This!! It was just too convenient how Nik appeared with that cup of tea when she was lying in bed talking to people (Sam? I forget who it was.) The tea probably had some kind of temp knockout in it and she's been waiting on Cassadine island all this time, recovered.

But this show is soooooo bad that I wouldn't be surprised if "Rachel" is Helena aged backwards or something to be youthful. And maybe Nik isn't Nik at all, but he is her raised-from-the-dead former lover or husband etc etc.so they can be together again. Hey, if Robin can raise people from the dead then I don't put anything past Helena and the Cassadines.

• Love 2

I wish they would make Kristina bi. It would be a nice change of pace since I'm not sure I've ever watched a show that had a bi character. 

Yea, I want her to be bi precisely because there is virtually no representation on tv. However, this show would fuck it up so damn hard that idk if it'd even be a good thing. I'm pretty sure she will indeed be bi though but, as a few others already said, it'll be a bit story that lasts a month and then we'll just see Kristina like once a month. She'll become the new Lucas basically. Sigh.

Yea, this makes little sense to me. First they waited way too damn long on this story and now they're going way too fast. It is not that hard to figure out how to go about a story like this. These writers are so fucking dumb I can't!

What has happened to Jordan? 

She's been ruined like every other character eventually is. It's such a shame. 

There is just nothing between Curtis/Valerie. No spark, no chem, nada. FFS! Pair her up with Dillon ...

I literally do not understand what they're doing with Valerie and Dillon tbh. They should've had them end up falling in love while scheming to get with Dante and Lulu. I mean it's a trope for a reason! And those two actors have a natural chem together that neither has with anyone else. Valerie with Dante and now Curtis and Dillon with Lulu and now Maxie is very forced. Again, these writers are so stupid it's mind-boggling.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I haven't been paying too much attention, but what I've got is that Curtis is Jordan's brother-in-law (he was her husband Tommy's brother), and he used to be a DEA agent. After Tommy died, Curtis recruited Jordan to be a DEA agent (no idea what she was doing before that). He apparently knew that Jordan and Shawn were having an affair while she was still married, and she blames Curtis for her marriage ending because she thinks she and Tommy would have worked things out if Curtis had stayed out of it. In this last episode, Jordan told Val to ask Curtis if he was still a cocaine addict.

We know less about Andre; he's a psychiatrist who works as a profiler for different law enforcement agencies, including the WSB. Anna knows that he's a profiler because he helped her track down Carlos, but I don't think Jordan knows.

• Love 2

I'm actually somewhat interested in Curtis seemingly having had a cocaine addiction. I mean that could be a good story. Actually, it should be a good story. But, as is always with this show, it will most likely be horrible. Yet I remain intrigued. Again, why do I do this to myself?!

• Love 3

I'm sad we didn't get to see Lulu sigh and haul out decorations for the H.S. Valentine Party.  If Halloween is any indication, she should have started on New Year's Day.  I guess Johnny wasn't around to heckle, so they skipped it.

• Love 1

Didn't Jordan used to be into drugs? Maybe a goat farm is where she and Curtis went to snort coke. 

Her cover story when she was undercover was that she went to prison for drug dealing.  I don't recall there being any mention of her actually being into them.

Maxie is getting on my last nerve. She's soooo vain. Show is still putting her hair into those zebra braids that flaunt her roots in her blond hair. Nathan is so childish and pathetic around her; she can wrap him around her little finger. Maxie needs a stronger man than Nathan (whom I like for his goodness and vulnerability). Despite the havoc and upset she has caused over the years (for example, the whole surrogate story) Maxie seldom seems to doubt that she knows what is best for everybody. She turns up her nose at formal education and learning, counting (as Nathan pointed out) on her looks to get away with so much. Of course, others do that too, but Maxie's immature pride is particularly annoying. Her model posing was the last straw--she reminded me of a "slightly older" Jon Bennet Ramsey in her awkwardness and pretension that she has natural modeling ability and savvy.

Maxie, you don't.

• Love 1

"Stupor couple" is great. And so apt in this case, with Billy's lack of affect and Kelly's neurasthenia.

I didn't help that KeMo's character was supposed to be shot up with painkillers. Nothing like telling an already low-energy actress to be even more low-energy! Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 1
I didn't help that KeMo's character was supposed to be shot up with painkillers. Nothing like telling an already low-energy actress to be even more low-energy!

Well, one never knows. Maybe she got the scripts that said "SAM [sleepily]:" and "Sam lies on the couch, exhausted" and "Sam, with the last of her energy, drags herself across the basement floor," and she said, "Finally! They're writing to my strengths!" 

• Love 3

I haven't been paying too much attention, but what I've got is that Curtis is Jordan's brother-in-law (he was her husband Tommy's brother), and he used to be a DEA agent. After Tommy died, Curtis recruited Jordan to be a DEA agent (no idea what she was doing before that). He apparently knew that Jordan and Shawn were having an affair while she was still married, and she blames Curtis for her marriage ending because she thinks she and Tommy would have worked things out if Curtis had stayed out of it. In this last episode, Jordan told Val to ask Curtis if he was still a cocaine addict.

We know less about Andre; he's a psychiatrist who works as a profiler for different law enforcement agencies, including the WSB. Anna knows that he's a profiler because he helped her track down Carlos, but I don't think Jordan knows.

This is about what I got from it too but I thought I was missing something.  Why would why recruit the woman that you thought cheated on your brother with his best friend?  And why would you accept the job if he hates you/ you hate him

• Love 2

Who was left to bartend at Lulu's club when she left so fast? At least she thought to ask about Rocco's care.

I agree that Show is ruining Jordan. The actress is so attractive and beautifully turned out, but what other police commissioner wears very low-cut dresses in lower-middle-class bars, flipping her long hair and dangling earrings, waylays feminine rivals and chews them out by the powder room, and flirts or argues with nearly every dude in the place? Show needs to make up its mind about Jordan: does she manage crime solving, or vamp in the city dives?

Jason and Danny were so sweet together. I can imagine that Danny is over the moon with the masculine influence, tossing him over the shoulder, growling, etc. No wonder the little boy asked for three bed-time stories! And Sam looked so cozy by that lovely fire. What a setting for Valentine romance.

Hayden is so stupid to think she won't get caught breaking into Nik's safe.

Dippy Maxie and Nathan didn't think when they locked the feuding Lante into the hotel room. I know it's only for an hour supposedly, but what if a fire or other emergency occurs?

• Love 1

Lets be wrong together because I'd love to see that!

I think she is covering her attraction to Curtis.

She needs to step aside for those of us that have no interest in covering our attraction. 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 8

I wish they would make Kristina bi. It would be a nice change of pace since I'm not sure I've ever watched a show that had a bi character. 

Callie on Grey's Anatomy is bisexual. 

I'm not so sure Kristina will be gay. Do the writers have the balls to make Sonny's only daughter gay? Well his only daughter that's now grown anyway. We all know how the writers like to stick their gay characters back in the closet. I'm thinking Kristina will end up being bi-sexual. This mess with her professor will be a way to stir up a dramatic storyline. I'm betting once this story plays out Kristina will realize she's bi-sexual then eventually forget and end up having a boyfriend and maybe even a husband at some point down the line, never to revisit her bi-sexuality again. 

Plenty of bisexual women are married to men, and still consider themselves bisexual.  Anna Paquin, from True Blood and the X-Men movies, is very vocally bisexual.  She's also been married to Stephen Moyer since 2010.  She's pretty open about her sexuality, and fights the stereotype that bisexuals can't be faithful.

Okay, is it me or is the new Doctor giving anyone ME vibes when he is wearing that white coat? Just no. I hope he shows some personality soon. 

I'm confused by new guy.  In his first scene, in the chapel with Sonny, I thought he was very charismatic, hot, and possibly with a trace of an accent.  Then when I later saw him in scrubs, he seemed completely different.  No accent, no charisma, and pretty bland.  I do like the thought of him with Elizabeth.  It's about time she gets a man of her own, no history with any other woman in the cast, no drug addiction, no tears, no family ties.

• Love 1

Plenty of bisexual women are married to men, and still consider themselves bisexual.  Anna Paquin, from True Blood and the X-Men movies, is very vocally bisexual.  She's also been married to Stephen Moyer since 2010.  She's pretty open about her sexuality, and fights the stereotype that bisexuals can't be faithful.

I'm confused by new guy.  In his first scene, in the chapel with Sonny, I thought he was very charismatic, hot, and possibly with a trace of an accent.  Then when I later saw him in scrubs, he seemed completely different.  No accent, no charisma, and pretty bland.  I do like the thought of him with Elizabeth.  It's about time she gets a man of her own, no history with any other woman in the cast, no drug addiction, no tears, no family ties.

I really don't mind if he gets with Elizabeth in the future. Like you said, he was fine one minute and then he was bland and boring the next. The white coat and his similarity with Slias didn't help as well. 

I really like Jasam on Friday. They are not back together yet but at the same time they are willing to explore their new dynamic together. Anyways, I just happy my girl Sam is happy. 

• Love 10

Sara Lance on Arrow/Legend of Tomorrow is also bisexual.

And Monica Raymund (Gabby on Chicago Fire) is bisexual as well.  She was married to a man, but is now in a relationship with a woman.

• Love 2

Well, damn. Dante/Jordan had a 5 second, miiiildly flirty scene and now I desperately want them to christen that pool table. That is not a thing I've ever thought when Dante was in a scene with NuLu or Valerie

My dream is a Dante/Jordan/Anna triangle. One where they're all adults and decide to share. I imagine Val won't care because Curtis is well the most awesome person to hit town in a while. Lulu, meh. She'll know she can't compete.

I wish they wouldn't waste Andre on Jordan if the real couple is going to be her and Curtis. I have found the writing for him as the therapist pretty decent. I like that he doesn't have ego problems and is so understanding. I wish instead of Franco he would get to do the actual therapy with others besides just Morgan.

I actually think he and Lulu would make a striking couple. Goodness knows she could use a therapist.

I also think he is very attractive that jacket on Friday was awesome.

• Love 1
I'm confused by new guy.  In his first scene, in the chapel with Sonny, I thought he was very charismatic, hot, and possibly with a trace of an accent.  Then when I later saw him in scrubs, he seemed completely different.  No accent, no charisma, and pretty bland.

Hint:  Who was the other actor in the first scene?

• Love 4