Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

... Brad and that girl were never seen or heard from again.

I don't think they will be. At this point I assume Brad will divorce Rosalie and he and Lucas will marry off screen and then we'll hear about it during one of Lucas' once monthly appearances. I don't understand why they even brought that whole thing up again after months of it not being mentioned when it's clear they're not going to actually do anything with it. 

Also, as dumb as the whole Brad/Rosalie thing was, of all the things they should just pretend never happened and drop it was pretty low on the list imo.

Sigh, I'm still waiting for that full reset!

• Love 1
Saint Sam, who is somehow the bad guy here

How? Not picking up Danny was clearly seen and mentioned as being unlike Sam, so something is obviously off. That's not demonization.

I don't get why Christina is so uncomfortable telling even Molly about Parker being a woman. Show is being so lame making everyone Christina talks to go so overboard with the GUY stuff.

I KNOW. It's so so dumb. Molly would probably be surprised, but it's not as if she'll run away screaming in horror. FFS. And the anvils about Kristina and a GUY are way overdone.

• Love 2
How? Not picking up Danny was clearly seen and mentioned as being unlike Sam, so something is obviously off. That's not demonization.

Yeah, Sam is the victim here. She will  never be made the bad guy in this story. The worst that's happened here is that she was wrong about Liz making up the stalker, and even then she's supposed to be seen as being in the right because Liz lied about Jason.

I'm just glad that they didn't have Jake actually do anything to her. 

• Love 2

Yeah, Sam is the victim/tragic heroine in this storyline.  She'll be seen as right in that she just knew something was "off" about the stalker and she'll be sainted when she "forgives" Jake for her idiotic fall (which isn't his fault, but will be seen as him putting a series of events in motion that caused the accident).

• Love 2

My thought is that he could be an unknown Stone's brother.

I'm gonna sit in my selfish corner (possibly by myself, IDC!) and hope he has nothing to do with Stone. I'm just so completely BEYOND OVER Frank and Co. selecting stories that Robin has an obvious link to, knowing she's not there and won't be there. The girl is finally free and away from this shitfest. Leave the character aloooooone.

• Love 3

I do love seeing Lucas. I hope him and the new Dr. are going to be sharing scenes which means Lucas will be on more.

Carly being nice to Liz? Yeah that "town pariah" thing is REALLY keeping her down. I realize I'm supposed to suspend my belief while watch any soap but good lord couldn't Jake just have said, "Sam's in the basement." Problem solved people. But plot requires him to continue to drag out vague lines until Monday.

Jason why would the parents at the birthday party call you? I doubt they even know who the hell you are. You've seen Danny twice since you found out who you were and one of those times was an accident.

• Love 7
I think "site" was already on the board, and she built "exquisitely" with her remaining tiles. Which requires more thinking than Lauren is capable of. I LOLed that those two dolts were playing regular Scrabble in the first place. You know Junior Scrabble is much more their speed.

My favorite part was Kiki assuring Morgan that 'exquisitely' was a real word.  He'd need that, you know.

I wish they would write that Kiki has tired of her nickname and now wants to go by Lauren.  I think HE is getting better; getting rid of that annoying name would go a long way in the likability department.

Why have I been watching Sam/KeMo fiddle with laundry and then lie on a basement floor for a week?

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 3

The new doctor is young John Winchester from Supernatural. Is it too much to hope he is in PC to hunt monsters? I've always suspected Sonny was a vampire or some kind of ghoul. Carly has to be a succubi. Daddy Winchester needs to get to work and start chopping heads and burning bones.

• Love 5

So I think the Sam/jake thing is going to go two ways: 1) she is going to be rescued and then unconscious for a few days and that poor confused kid is going to convince Liz that he hurt her which she and Franco will cover up and again Liz is bad guy or 2) Sam wakes up with no memory of exactly what happened and same thing.

Meanwhile St. Jason tries to figure everything out... Finally does and Liz is again a liar who does more damage to jake by covering and Jason/Sam get all schmoopy and perfect and save poor Jake's sanity by figuring out the real deal. Oh sweet baby Jesus I hope I'm wrong but these writers....

I dont think they'll burn Liz's house down surely? They've already got that set and it's expensive to change stuff up like that.

• Love 3

I don't think they're going to replace her house. She'll either end up at Robin's house or Wyndemere which Sam STILL hasn't burned to the ground - probably because f*ing JP is determined to have Princess Rebecca Budug character live in a castle

• Love 1

I don't think they're going to replace her house. She'll either end up at Robin's house or Wyndemere which Sam STILL hasn't burned to the ground - probably because f*ing JP is determined to have Princess Rebecca Budug character live in a castle

That reminded me of Nikolas' "Princess Cassadine" yesterday. So bad. They just need to never mention Nik is a "prince" again.

• Love 7

I'm gonna sit in my selfish corner (possibly by myself, IDC!) and hope he has nothing to do with Stone. I'm just so completely BEYOND OVER Frank and Co. selecting stories that Robin has an obvious link to, knowing she's not there and won't be there.

I was more wondering how the show would justify leaving Jagger out of it, but I'm sure they'd find a way. #eyeroll

But yeah, I'm meh on the idea of Griffin being connected to Stone.

I do love seeing Lucas. I hope him and the new Dr. are going to be sharing scenes which means Lucas will be on more.

I think it's nice that, at the least, Lucas now has a friend.

• Love 1

I don't think they'll burn Liz's house down surely?

Just the basement was on fire, the upstairs will probably be fine. <rme>  Like Luke's old house where just the basement exploded and the rest was fine.

Anyhoo, I'm sure Jason will buy her a new house if this one is destroyed, just like he bailed her stupid self out when she invested in a "sure thing" based on a tip from her orange brother, Stephen Lars. 

• Love 4

Carly being nice to Liz? Yeah that "town pariah" thing is REALLY keeping her down.

LMAO really though. Even her supposed enemies are bending over backwards (OOC-ly) to absolve her. But yea, sure Liz, you're really a town pariah.

Just the basement was on fire, the upstairs will probably be fine. <rme>  Like Luke's old house where just the basement exploded and the rest was fine.

If Liz's whole house blows up after an actual bomb only blew up the basement of Luke's house then I don't even know anymore. Man, that whole 'only the basement blew up' thing will never not be funny!

• Love 9

So I think the Sam/jake thing is going to go two ways: 1) she is going to be rescued and then unconscious for a few days and that poor confused kid is going to convince Liz that he hurt her which she and Franco will cover up and again Liz is bad guy or 2) Sam wakes up with no memory of exactly what happened and same thing.

Meanwhile St. Jason tries to figure everything out... Finally does and Liz is again a liar who does more damage to jake by covering and Jason/Sam get all schmoopy and perfect and save poor Jake's sanity by figuring out the real deal. Oh sweet baby Jesus I hope I'm wrong but these writers....

I dont think they'll burn Liz's house down surely? They've already got that set and it's expensive to change stuff up like that.

I think Sam will absolve Jake of any wrongdoing as soon as she's conscious/coherent and knows Jake is blaming himself.

And IDK if Liz's house will burn to the ground, but I doubt it. I think there will be significant, but repairable, damage and she'll live elsewhere with the boys while it's fixed.

• Love 2

I didn't get the big deal about her spending 10 minutes with the child while his father went to the store.

Perhaps its a kneejerk reaction to what's going on in my own life BUT Valerie had no damn business staying with that kid, she should have got the aspirin not him. Lulu should have kicked them both to next Sunday for the whole thing.

• Love 4

I guess the big question will be how long will it take Sam to wake up? They've dragged out her laying unconscious in a basement for quite a while!

Hmm. Stone, Jagger, .....Griffin. It kinda would fit!

I LOVE soap names. But nobody beats the brothers Forrester (B&B) for quintessential male leads with cheekbones and muscles soap names... Hello Ridge and Thorne!

• Love 2

Anyhoo, I'm sure Jason will buy her a new house if this one is destroyed, just like he bailed her stupid self out when she invested in a "sure thing" based on a tip from her orange brother, Stephen Lars. 

Jason never bailed Liz out after she lost the money that he had Diane write up as part of Emily's will for Cam and Jake. Liz did not ask Jason to pay off the house that Emily found for her and she tried to give it back, but he guilted her into taking the house and money. 

Perhaps its a kneejerk reaction to what's going on in my own life BUT Valerie had no damn business staying with that kid, she should have got the aspirin not him. Lulu should have kicked them both to next Sunday for the whole thing.

Just like Sam had no business going to Liz's house after she was kicked out the day before to confront an eight year that is NOT her kid!

• Love 4

Because I'm in a persnickity mood and I'm anal when it comes to stuff like this, but Kristina's name is spelled with a K, not CH.

Based on the comments I've read, I don't know if I have the energy to watch the last two, or is it three episodes.

And the new doctor better not FUCKING be Stone arisen from the dead, who we saw die and who was cremated. It would really be a big giant FUCK YOU to that wonderful story. Wait, I forgot who was currently running this show.

• Love 3

Wasn't she going there to talk to Elizabeth?

Liz kicked her out of her home and Sam decides to go back the next day?  Sam called Jason for a play date with Jake and Danny, so she could have called her husband instead of going to Liz's home.

After way too long *coughtwentyfiveyearscough* of watching, I finally got on the barge a few months ago - just watched (well, fast forwarded most of it) Friday for the first time since then because of Matt Cohen (Griffin).   (He's a lovely guy, have met him at a few Supernatural cons - I wish he wasn't stuck with the orange moobster!)   Nice (or horrible) to see some things haven't changed. Nina and Franco are still unwatchable, ditto Kiki and Morgan - Ugh.  And Liz is still worreeeeeen about whatever kid she's messed up this time.  It's like I never left!

Anyway, I'm on board for Griffin/Lucas. Which means it'll never happen.

Edited by JayeEmm
  • Love 1

Unfreakingbelievable. Apparently, Sam actually did crawl up the stairs but they cut the scene. Now everyone can stop asking why she didn't.

Meanwhile, Sam's discovering that she's freezing and her mobility is severely limited by an injured knee and wrist. She finds the first aid kit and tries to help herself as well as she can.  She manages to pull herself up the steps - only to find the door locked.  She finds an old heater and plugs it in. She huddles next to it, and we see it's leaking something lethal.

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/news/weekly-recaps/weekly-recap-february-1-sam-is-trapped-in-the-basement

• Love 13

And the new doctor better not FUCKING be Stone arisen from the dead, who we saw die and who was cremated. It would really be a big giant FUCK YOU to that wonderful story. Wait, I forgot who was currently running this show.

They would NEVER. I would be DONE.

Unfreakingbelievable. Apparently, Sam actually did crawl up the stairs but they cut the scene. Now everyone can stop asking why she didn't.

I wonder what other gems are on the editing room floor.

• Love 2

We might've missed the pivotal scenes that reconfirmed that Franco is with Nina because she has the emotional and mental maturity of a fourteen year old and is incapable of recognizing that he's a sociopath - ugh. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

I was just coming to say something about this. Also the door was locked. Thanks for leaving that on the editing floor.

Why would they cut that. So dumb.

I think they decided to make it like Jake's hands were clean so if they show he locked the door which didn't allow Sam to get out of the basement it would've looked worse for Jake. That's the only thing I can think of. 

My basement doesn't have a lock....Maybe it's just kid proofed.  Who knows.

I am just flabbergasted at what they cut.  They didn't even HAVE to cut anyone elses scenes.  Just cut one of the pointless ones of Sam lying on the floor.   We got it show, she was knocked out. 

I just....I mean I know I am not an expert on editing and the behind the scenes stuff, but I am still just stumped on how utterly terrible these morons are.  The same thing with the Patrick/Robin wedding and what they decided to cut verses what aired.   Just....I don't know. 

• Love 14

Why does the basement door have a lock? Isn't shutting it good enough?

I ask as someone who doesn't have a door to the basement. (Also, my basement doesn't look abandoned and isn't 20 degrees colder than the rest of the house)

My basement door has a lock. And looks abandoned and is 20 degrees colder than the rest of the house. Great, me and Liz have something in common!

After this, the stuff cut from the Patrick/Robin wedding, and the stuff cut from the Nurses' Ball it really makes me wonder what the fuck these people are doing. And honestly I think I'm gonna stop blaming the writers and blame FV solely. He's a fucking moron.

• Love 7

Why does the basement door have a lock? Isn't shutting it good enough?

I ask as someone who doesn't have a door to the basement. (Also, my basement doesn't look abandoned and isn't 20 degrees colder than the rest of the house)

I think shutting it would have been fine. My parents have a basement and it is colder down there but no one is going to freeze to death and they don't have a lock on the door. I don't know anyone's basement door who locks automatically.

My other problem is Sam assessed herself and said she had a concussion. Great , but it would have been nice to know she had other injuries to prevent her from trying to get out of there. But why would we need to know that? So stupid.

Edited by Bwill3133

After this, the stuff cut from the Patrick/Robin wedding, and the stuff cut from the Nurses' Ball it really makes me wonder what the fuck these people are doing. And honestly I think I'm gonna stop blaming the writers and blame FV solely. He's a fucking moron.

You should still blame the writers because the stuff that makes it to air is still vulgar. Even if FV and NV are dictating the storylines I doubt they're standing watch while the day-to-day episodes are being written. Really, most, if not all, of the writers need to be replaced, along with NV, wardrobe, the prop department, and the interns running the social media accounts. FV can maybe stay if he's only allowed to manage the budget. 

• Love 5

You should still blame the writers because the stuff that makes it to air is still vulgar. Even if FV and NV are dictating the storylines I doubt they're standing watch while the day-to-day episodes are being written. 

You got me on the first point! But idk I can easily see FV micromanaging everything. I think he is the person they really need to fire, but they won't because he's cheap and ABC doesn't care about this show. As for NV, I refuse to believe he has anything to do with anything. He isn't dictating shit. The show would likely be 100 times worse if he was.

• Love 2

It makes sense to have a lock on a basement door because a burglar is most likely to gain access to the house through either a basement or a garage, so you want a locking door from either of those two places to the rest of the house. My basement is also cold and, I guess, abandoned looking, but that's because it rains so much here that everyone's basement will get at least a little wet every winter, no matter how diligent you are about keeping your gutters clean and your underground drainage pipes maintained. Anyone here who has a finished basement is a moron.

But they are really going out of their way to contrive whatever's about to happen to Sam. First, the falling down the stairs, which they set up by having her recently stumble twice into Jason's arms, when for several years now, she's been able to remain upright just fine. I'm only surprised they didn't have her yell out, "oh no! my trick knee!" every time she tripped. Then Liz's basement, which is apparently designed specifically to blow up: ancient fuel oil tank with a leak that no one has bothered to fix, instead just placing a pie pan under the dripping oil so it can release fumes right next to the faulty electrical outlet, where also placed, for good measure, is a space heater from 1979. Liz has made some bad life choices recently, but even she wouldn't want to raise Jason's son and ... she wants to say the two? other boys ... on top of a death trap.

And I think it's good that Jake is sorry and scared and acting like a regular kid over what he thinks he's done to Sam, but in that case, why did we have to have all of this lead up where Jake was a budding psychopath? Honestly, sitting down and thinking about where a story is going before they start writing it wouldn't be the worst idea.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 14

So, unless it is one of those doors that automatically locks when it closes, Jake had to have locked it. Meaning he probably couldn't have known about the space heater being liable to catch fire, but he still actively tried to cover up her being there. Tried to kill her.

If she wanted to, Sam could have had this eight year old charged with attempted murder.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

Honestly, sitting down and thinking about where a story is going before they start writing it wouldn't be the worst idea.

That's what competent people would do, but I get the distinct impression they have not asked themselves "what is the POINT of this story??" in many, many years.

And from the stuff they edit out, it seems like they WANT to miss the good emotional beats in these stories.

Maybe if the stories had a point, they would not have all this "extra" footage, because they would know why it was shot in the first place.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 8

So, unless it is one of those doors that automatically locks when it closes, Jake had to have locked it. Meaning he probably couldn't have known about the space heater being liable to catch fire, but he still actively tried to cover up her being there. Tried to kill her.

If she wanted to, Sam could have had this eight year old charged with attempted murder.

I don't think Jake was trying to kill her. I believe he thought she was dead. And I think he believed he was responsible for her death. And, if you think like an 8-year-old, what he did makes sense. He had already been called out for not liking Sam. He thought she had just died because of following him down the stairs, so, deciding that he was going to be in trouble for killing her, he wrote a note saying he had to go away. And he locked the door to the basement so people wouldn't find out why. 

So, while I agree that they probably cut the locked door scene to keep him innocent, I also agree that the writers should have a better idea of the story direction before they write it. 

And I also think they  could have had Sam pass out on the stairs.

Edited by rur
  • Love 6

Meh, I don't think there was THAT much thought into when the scene was initially written, re Jake locked Sam in, more like "how much peril can we put Fair Samantha in?" so OF COURSE the door was locked.  If she got out, how could Jason be the one to save her?

• Love 3

They've made it pretty clear that Jake didn't actively try to kill Sam. If they were going for that, they would have had him trip her, or push her down the stairs. Jake isn't the bad guy here. He's a scared kid, who's been through a lot. He's already blaming himself for her "death," even though Sam is the one who put herself in danger by not being able to walk down the stairs. She also put herself in this position by not minding her own business, and confronting Jake and grabbing him when he tried to get away from her. She wouldn't be in this position if she had just let the babysitter handle Jake's finger, and then called Liz and Jason with her suspicions. 

Sam would be pathetic if she tried to have Jake charged with attempted murder at this point.

I think they decided to make it like Jake's hands were clean so if they show he locked the door which didn't allow Sam to get out of the basement it would've looked worse for Jake. That's the only thing I can think of.

Hopefully they realized that Saint Sam wasn't worth destroying a child with making him a murderer. Its insane to me that they were going to do that though, but anything to make Sam everyone's victim. I really need Liz and her children away from her forever after she gets out of the basement. Liz needs to make it clear that Sam is never allowed around Jake, but I will never be that lucky.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 5

I think

I don't think Jake was trying to kill her. I believe he thought she was dead. And I think he believed he was responsible for her death. And, if you think like an 8-year-old, what he did makes sense. He had already been called out for not liking Sam. He thought she had just died because of following him down the stairs, so, deciding that he was going to be in trouble for killing her, he wrote a note saying he had to go away. And he locked the door to the basement so people wouldn't find out why. 

So, while I agree that they probably cut the locked door scene to keep him innocent, I also agree that the writers should have a better idea of the story direction before they write it. 

And I also think they  could have had Sam pass out on the stairs.

Honestly, pretty much every story on this show feels like they haven't fully decided where they want to go with it, so they're just biding time, waiting for inspiration to strike. 

• Love 4

Explain why "running away" consisted of Jake getting hit by a car in front of his own house.  Was he coming back home?  Does he not understand directions, cue Blair Witch creepy music (OMG, I'm going in circles).  Is he too big to fit in a tree?

• Love 9