Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I thought for sure Sam was headed to GH to FINALLY go see her damn cousin and slap that bandage right of his neck.  But no of course not.   I am seriously flabbergasted by that whole dropped story line.  That shit is pure soap and writes itself.  So of course they haven't written it.  Sam hasn't shared a scene with Nikolas since the wedding.  2 MONTHS ago. They have to make sure Lulu is shamed some more, and the star crossed love of a man with the woman he TRIED TO MURDER is shown.

Don't hold your breath. After Sam consistently refused to beat Liez's ass I lost all hope of her going after Nik. She may confront him for two seconds but she won't burn down Wyndemere or take all of his money. She'll probably feel bad for him after she sees the maxipad on his neck. 

• Love 6

so the extra 10 minutes of Thursday's GH is up, and they cut the best part of the whole damn show!

http://abc.go.com/sh...16-extended-cut

Starting at 3:26 there's a whole Scorpio family scene with Robert, Anna, Felicia and Mac.

And another at 13:09. Geez Frank, THIS is what fans wanted to see. Nicholas and Hayden could have waited for the Friday show.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 4

Wow. Zero football references. I guess that's what happens when Val isn't on.

When Maxie yelled, "Johnny! What are you doing here?" I expected her to follow up with "Who's watching Harper Rose??"

I ignored the logic of the plot and watched KS and BB have fun groping each other. :)

I really wish Show had enough money to get Peter Capaldi as Dr. Angry Eyebrows Day-Player.

• Love 7

Oh, and I wish we had a holographic Dean Wormer reading Kristina's grade: "Miss Kristina Davis-Corinthos. An A, three D's and an F. Congratulations, young lady. You're at the top of the Corinthos DNA chain."

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 6
Where is the Liz/Jason/DNAJake intruder whatever story going? And does anyone care?

As a person who hasn't regularly watched soap operas in years and only got caught up in this for the last few months because I've been working from home, all I can think is "well of course soap operas are dying if this is the pile of crap they dish out." And for the record, all this storyline has done is convince me I was right to stop watching these shows and they will be happy to know that I've all but checked out again.

I have never seen the aftermath of a big dramatic soapy storyline be so limp and bland. The big lie reveal was the most boring and anticlimactic thing ever. And after a year of dragging it out, now there's some supposed intruder that is likely only either in the creepy kid's head because well he's creepy or he's making up to manipulate Jason to stick around.

But either way, it means Jason is still basically just tied to Elizabeth and notdeadJake's orbit. So essentially nothing in his storyline has changed. He still has no memory of his life, still interacts very little with anyone else and is still basically just there in the same tired circular story. I mean who are the writers really appealing to with this tired crap?

Yup, and I just don't see any true competition really.  Yeah. Jason went back to Liz in 06-07? for like, 2 months,  but in the end he ultimately married Sam and chose Sam almost every time.  He had another chance to be with Liz in 2012 and he turned her down cold because he was in love with is wife.

That's what I thought when I read about the constant back and forth of Jason between the two but as I've admitted I checked out years ago and only saw and heard things sporadically, I wasn't sure if there was more that I just never saw. And it is funny when I read about how poor Liz had to be trashed to facilitate the Jason/Sam reunion (which, um, what reunion at this point) because I definitely remember that oh so aptly titled Summer of Sleaze.

Where to get Jason and Liz to their one night hookup that resulted in notdeadJake, Sam had to be shot and almost killed and made barren (temporarily because this is soap operas and well, contrivance), Jason oh so nobly breakup with her after she survived because he was too dangerous for her (because again, you know god forbid he just stop being a hired hitman), her randomly sleeping with Ric who she could barely even stand, not to mention them unnecessarily destroying Ric and Alexis' relationship, Lucky becoming a pill popping addict diddling Maxie...all that just to get Liz and Jason to hook up while making sure they were still the  "good guys" in the situation.

Oh and then of course there was making Sam have the kid be kidnapped and Jason threatening her life. Yeah talk about trashing one pairing to temporarily prop and sell another, I don't know that it gets worse than the guy going from declaring how much he loved this woman that he could barely stand her being hurt because of him to "I'll kill you if you come after her kids again..."

And even after all that, as you said, once again, just like their original buildup years before, Liz and Jason was a blink and miss it and over before it even really got started. And let me also add, for me personally, the writers trashed Liz when they had that unnecessary and nasty Liz/Nikolas affair that led to the WTD between two brothers.

That shit was straight up nasty and to me when the writers really trashed the character because even as a person who was never a hardcore Liz fan but was at one point a Liz/Lucky fan, I just never bought that she would do that to Lucky. And I felt the writers never really sold me on this amazing connection between her and Nikolas that would make it believable she would hurt so many people for their little fling. 

When Maxie yelled, "Johnny! What are you doing here?" I expected her to follow up with "Who's watching Harper Rose??"

I ignored the logic of the plot and watched KS and BB have fun groping each other. :)

Yeah I know the real-life couple aspect makes it all a little twee and too cutesy but I did enjoy it. But speaking of, not that I really care that much but um, what's up with Nathan? Is the actor on some kind of leave or did they reduce his screentime to save money? He's been gone a minute. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 12

Bwah at Sonny's petulance that Patrick couldn't stay around until Sonny walked again. If that isn't Sonny in a nutshell, nothing is. Everything has to be about him. And LOL at his impatience at having to wait two minutes. Where does he have to be? Sitting around at home instead of the hospital? 

I love day player doctor, btw. Anyone who doesn't kiss Sonny's ass is my favorite character.

Oh, please. Academic suspension for Kristina for one lousy semester? She'd be on probation. But it's boring no matter what.

The Jake kid is terrible. And the writing for him is as stilted as his delivery. Ouch.

The Hayden/Nik stuff is so dumb and boring. I FF them.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 12

Oh, please. Academic suspension for Kristina for one lousy semester? She'd be on probation. But it's boring no matter what.

She is on probation and it was two semesters that her GPA fell below a 2.0. The letter said the next step is suspension. But I agree it's boring. I mean, it *might* be interesting if there was a backstory, or if we'd seen or heard from Kristina for the last year. But there isn't and we haven't.

• Love 2
I have never seen the aftermath of a big dramatic soapy storyline be so limp and bland. The big lie reveal was the most boring and anticlimactic thing ever. And after a year of dragging it out, now there's some supposed intruder that is likely only either in the creepy kid's head because well he's creepy or he's making up to manipulate Jason to stick around but either way, basically means Jason is still basically just tied to Elizabeth and notdeadJake's orbit. So essentially nothing in his storyline has changed. He still has no memory of his life, still interacts very little with anyone else and is still basically just there in the same tired circular story. I mean who are the writers really appealing to with this tired crap?

Considering that he's Jake's father, he was always going to still be in their orbit. That will be the case, even when he gets back together with Sam.

Considering that he's Jake's father, he was always going to still be in their orbit. That will be the case, even when he gets back together with Sam.

Which is a retcon since Jason gave up his rights to Lucky. So the ridiculousness of this is still true.

• Love 11

What is it with GH and chocolate cakes being so abused? I love the quotation marks. So embarrassingly wrong. I guess I should be glad there isn't a random apostrophe in there. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Yeah I know the real-life couple aspect makes it all a little twee and too cutesy but I did enjoy it. But speaking of, not that I really care that much but um, what's up with Nathan? Is the actor on some kind of leave or did they reduce his screentime to save money? He's been gone a minute. 

He was making a Lifetime movie

The more I think about it, the more the use of Lucas today really pisses me off.  So instead of installing Lucas as the central character of the hospital canvas, they drag him out of mothballs to basically set the stage, I assume, for a new character who will be the central character of the hospital?

It's some bullshit.

• Love 1

None of the Sam spoilers have panned out, she's basically twisting in the wind when they don't have her making moon eyes at Jason.

I'm sure she was very busy offscreen healing the sick with a touch of her saintly hand.

On a serious note, that was another way the Shittest Story On The ShitShow damaged all involved in it - by insisting that Patrck and Sam were the Completely Innocent, All Unknowing Victims of Liz (the Evilest Evil That Ever Eviled, doncha know), they completely flattened those characters and turned them in one dimensional bores.  (The fact that Sam forebore from putting Liz on blast when The Lie came out, but Show had Liz get all up Sam's grill while Sam's eyes filled with bewildered tears is proof of just how much the show bent over backwards to make Sam the saintly put-upon victim and Liz the evil witch).  Patrick was the Good Man Who Deserved To Be Happy.  Sam was the Put-Upon Saintly Widder Woman Who Missed Her Jakey So So Much.  Patrick got blasted out of his rut because his portrayer left the show, but Sam is stuck - clearly the writers can't think of a thing to do with her if she's not being victimized or saintly. 

Because really, fuck this Jasam vs Jiz shit. If this is what the future holds then I need for Sam to remove herself from this fuckery pronto. 

Replace the word "Sam" with "Liz" and you have captured my feelings exactly. 

It's a mark of just how much of a failure this triangle has been that the fanbases of the women the "prize catch" (rolleyes) man is torn between are all like, "Sam fans, your gal can have him", "Oh, no, Liz fans, YOUR gal can have him", "No, really, we insist, Sam married him first", "No, really, WE insist, Liz loves him more", (Both at the same time) "OH, FOR GAWD SAKES, MAKE THIS DOUCHELORD STOP STENCHING UP OUR FAVE'S ORBIT, TAKE HIM ALREADY!!!

• Love 5

Which is a retcon since Jason gave up his rights to Lucky. So the ridiculousness of this is still true.

Lucky with JJ in the role has fallen head over heels in love with Jason, and would never have an issue with Jake being handed back to his biological father.  Otherwise, Lucky could have outed Jake Doe as Jason when he was looking in Liz's windows last summer.

Liz was rarely allowed anywhere near Jason once he was paired up with Courtney or Sam, and that continued off and on for years until RC took over the show in 2012.  Yes, Sam will end up with Jason, because it is her only popular long term pairing on this show and the only way that ever changes, is for BM to join SBu and get the heck away from GH!

Edited by WendyCR72
Removed double post
  • Love 2

I'll be heading off to college next year, so Kristina's story definitely has my attention. I've heard horror stories about kids who were excellent in High School, but just couldn't repeat that success at college. 

One thing though..., I thought with college, they don't send your parents grades/reports about the kid like in school, so why is the university sending all these emails and letters to Alexis???

• Love 2

One thing though..., I thought with college, they don't send your parents grades/reports about the kid like in school, so why is the university sending all these emails and letters to Alexis???

Because the writers probably never went to college. Everything including the bill for your tuition fees is addressed to you [the student] nothing is addressed to your parents unless you're a minor. Which Kristina isn't. The school wouldn't be sending parent letters about grades to Alexis or Sonny. The especially wouldn't be sending parents emails.

Kristina's official email for her school records would never be Alexis's, it's usually the students school email ie.Kristina.Corinthos@clemson.edu If she went to Clemson.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2009/03/the-icing-on-the-cake.html

I found that link, which brings back a crime against cake even worse than Connie Murdering Cake. Remember "Stone Cold Rocks"?

How did I miss that?  Why exactly was there a cake for Stone Cold?

Because the writers probably never went to college. Everything including the bill for your tuition fees is addressed to you [the student] nothing is addressed to your parents unless you're a minor. Which Kristina isn't. The school wouldn't be sending parent letters about grades to Alexis or Sonny. The especially wouldn't be sending parents emails.

Kristina's official email for her school records would never be Alexis's, it's usually the students school email ie.Kristina.Corinthos@clemson.edu If she went to Clemson.

The letter she opened today was addressed to her.  But knowing Alexis and her nosy ass, she would definitely want Krissy to open it in front of her if she saw it.  But my question is, do students really get snail mail grades anymore?  I thought everything was pretty electronic now.

• Love 1

How did I miss that?  Why exactly was there a cake for Stone Cold?

The letter she opened today was addressed to her.  But knowing Alexis and her nosy ass, she would definitely want Krissy to open it in front of her if she saw it.  But my question is, do students really get snail mail grades anymore?  I thought everything was pretty electronic now.

Report cards still come through the mail. However, I (and my parents) can still check my grades at any given time through an online system called Powerschool. Can't speak for college though.

I honestly need a break from Jason/Liz/Sam. I'm sure I'd still hate the story, but do they really have to be on every day? They've reached Dante 2010/2011 levels to me and Sonny/Carly for the past 20 years. Sigh.

• Love 3

Yeah I graduated from college less than a year ago and the only way Sonny and Alexis would be contacted is if Kristina was in an emergency. They don't contact parents for grades or discipline. This story is so stupid and boring to me. Why even bring Kristina back for this dreck? I've been watching her on and off dull drama about school my entire 4 years of college. This girl went into school with AP courses and took summer sessions. She should be graduated by now.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 7

Yup, and I just don't see any true competition really.  Yeah. Jason went back to Liz in 06-07? for like, 2 months,  but in the end he ultimately married Sam and chose Sam almost every time.  He had another chance to be with Liz in 2012 and he turned her down cold because he was in love with is wife.  Liz had to LIE about his identity and he had to LOSE HIS MEMORY for her to even have another chance, so yeah....not seeing any competition.   YMMV obviously, but that's how I see it.  IF he doesn't get all his memories back, I COULD potentially see more Liason in the future....but as long as Sam is around, I just don't think anyone else is a threat.   It was the same way with Sam, as long as Jason is around, I don't think anyone else is a true threat.  Their dialogue, their history, it's just show canon. They are each others soulmates.

Some ONS don't go away. Not when they have the ultimate carrot.

Myboyzzzzz!

• Love 4

He was making a Lifetime movie

Actually its on Hallmark. They keep showing the previews for it all the time. Its based off a book I enjoyed but I know Hallmark watered down the story because it had some sexy scenes.

• Love 1

I liked her whole look too. She's been looking more sophisticated lately.

Now if they could just give her a story it doesn't even have to be a A story where it's front and center just give her something let her be on once a week or hell a month. I just want something different for Sam shes stuck.

• Love 3
My fave character in today's show was the day player cop. He seemed cool.

Peachmangosteen, I totally agree. That actor was excellent. Completely convincing as a police officer responding to a vague weird disturbance at some woman's home. I seriously wondered if they had brought an actual cop on for the scene. I wished for about five minutes that the actor/character would stick around in a supporting capacity, but then I remembered the indignities the police have to suffer on this show, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Still, the portrayers of all the contract and recurring law enforcement types on General Hospital should watch his scenes and take notes. 

Liz and the "intruder" storyline: I'm thinking this is in part done to reset the playing field and get Liz some sympathy, because you know Sam and Carly -- especially Carly -- are going to jump to the conclusion that Liz is staging the whole thing. Can't you just hear Laura Wright wailing, "Come on, Jason! Don't you get it? She's manipulating you and I can't stand to see that happen! I care about you too much! You're my best friend!" I could definitely believe Jake is up to something, especially coming so soon after the staircase eavesdropping scene, but it seems a legitimate worry from Liz's side.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

I'm sure she was very busy offscreen healing the sick with a touch of her saintly hand.

On a serious note, that was another way the Shittest Story On The ShitShow damaged all involved in it - by insisting that Patrck and Sam were the Completely Innocent, All Unknowing Victims of Liz (the Evilest Evil That Ever Eviled, doncha know), they completely flattened those characters and turned them in one dimensional bores. (The fact that Sam forebore from putting Liz on blast when The Lie came out, but Show had Liz get all up Sam's grill while Sam's eyes filled with bewildered tears is proof of just how much the show bent over backwards to make Sam the saintly put-upon victim and Liz the evil witch). Patrick was the Good Man Who Deserved To Be Happy. Sam was the Put-Upon Saintly Widder Woman Who Missed Her Jakey So So Much. Patrick got blasted out of his rut because his portrayer left the show, but Sam is stuck - clearly the writers can't think of a thing to do with her if she's not being victimized or saintly.

Replace the word "Sam" with "Liz" and you have captured my feelings exactly.

It's a mark of just how much of a failure this triangle has been that the fanbases of the women the "prize catch" (rolleyes) man is torn between are all like, "Sam fans, your gal can have him", "Oh, no, Liz fans, YOUR gal can have him", "No, really, we insist, Sam married him first", "No, really, WE insist, Liz loves him more", (Both at the same time) "OH, FOR GAWD SAKES, MAKE THIS DOUCHELORD STOP STENCHING UP OUR FAVE'S ORBIT, TAKE HIM ALREADY!!!

Oh how I wish that were true, but again, there are a LOT of Jiz fans on social media who want Liez's rapist to come back and terrorize her just so Jason can save her & they can admit their twu wuv for each other. 16 years, people! 16 YEARS OF HISTORY!!! Blech.

Sam has been written way too passive. I don't see her as being written as some saint. But really, she hasn't done anything wrong. She was a widow who was trying to move on. Now, if they'd had her be the one to save Nic or figure out Robin was being held captive, etc. then yes, she'd be a Mary Sue. But she's had so little POV in this story (with the exception of how much she talked about Jason) I don't see any attempts at making her some kinda Mother Teresa. And I wouldn't want them to. The fact is, she's been written OOC just as much as anyone else. She SHOULD HAVE confronted both Liez and Nic but she hasn't even had a scene with her cousin since before Thanksgiving. Prior to finding out for sure about the lies, they had her in Nic's grill at least once a week. But she hasn't said Boo to either one. I'm thinking she must still be suffering some lingering effects of that damn carbon monoxide from Patty's house.

I posted on Twitter yesterday that Curtis should toss her up and the Curtis actor favorited it and retweeted. They would have some damn pretty babies. Cafe au lait skin tone with coal black hair. Speaking of, KeMo's hair, man. Just ridiculously lustrous yesterday!

• Love 10

I know the show has focused more on Jasam for actual storyline, IMO partly because it's been the only love story that has taken off for Sam. KM is hot and talented, so you don't want to waste her with a pairing that doesn't work. But yes, Jasam also has a huge fanbase. However, Liason has also been ridiculously popular considering they were never even a long-term storyline couple.

There's a difference between the onscreen story and fanbase. And soap actors, at least the ones with any experience know to play up history and personal connections because nothing is forever - but most of Liz/Jason's story has taken place in fan spaces.

Onscreen it's Carly/Sonny - but having seen the potential of Carly/AJ? I found the potential story there much more compelling and they had barely a handful of scenes - but what I want/the fact that a passionate fanbase exists doesn't change the actual story onscreen

Hell, Carly/Franco had fans despite being an abomination unto soaps.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Sam has been written way too passive. I don't see her as being written as some saint. But really, she hasn't done anything wrong. She was a widow who was trying to move on. Now, if they'd had her be the one to save Nic or figure out Robin was being held captive, etc. then yes, she'd be a Mary Sue. But she's had so little POV in this story (with the exception of how much she talked about Jason) I don't see any attempts at making her some kinda Mother Teresa. And I wouldn't want them to. The fact is, she's been written OOC just as much as anyone else. She SHOULD HAVE confronted both Liez and Nic but she hasn't even had a scene with her cousin since before Thanksgiving. Prior to finding out for sure about the lies, they had her in Nic's grill at least once a week. But she hasn't said Boo to either one. I'm thinking she must still be suffering some lingering effects of that damn carbon monoxide from Patty's house.

I keep seeing people refer to Sam as a saint because she hasn't done anything wrong but I'm confused as to what "wrong" she was supposed to do during this story. Was she supposed to find out Jake is really Jason but keep quiet because reasons? Was she supposed to find out Robin was being held captive but keep quiet so she could keep Patrick? Was she supposed to just start doing random bad things because reasons? Besides, having her do something *bad* would require given her a POV, which was never going to happen. This story was always about Liez with everyone else as side players. 

• Love 12

I keep seeing people refer to Sam as a saint because she hasn't done anything wrong but I'm confused as to what "wrong" she was supposed to do during this story. Was she supposed to find out Jake is really Jason but keep quiet because reasons? Was she supposed to find out Robin was being held captive but keep quiet so she could keep Patrick? Was she supposed to just start doing random bad things because reasons? Besides, having her do something *bad* would require given her a POV, which was never going to happen. This story was always about Liez with everyone else as side players.

Exactly. If you don't believe this story is about Liez, look no further than this stalking story and NotDeadJake's 'issues'. To do a story like this with a completely unacceptable child actor in the role? To have Liez JUST NOW talking about getting him help (which, BTW, she STILL hasn't done..don't talk about it, Liez, be about it)? To show Jason with Danny for 30 seconds while Liez's brood got xmas presents? Who the fuck else is this story about if not Liez??

• Love 12

I think Sam was wrong to pursue a relationship with Patrick when she CLEARLY wasn't over Jason. (And Patrick was an idiot to pursue a relationship with someone who clearly wasn't ready to move on.) But otherwise, she was largely in the dark about what was going on with Robin, so there was no reason for her to investigate that.

An endless triangle of Liz/Jason/Sam doesn't do anyone any good. It ruins all the characters, it's lazy writing, and it's boring.

• Love 10

I'm calling it: When New!Patrick asks Carly if he can examine Sonny in private, it will be a non-issue. This is more of a water-wet observation. In fact, keep a mental note about all the peeves that Dr. Dayplayer raised with Sonny and Carly, and they will be non-issues with the new guy, because reasons and why are you remembering this like that?

Of, FFS, it's Jake as the "intruder".

Sam wore red!!! And I liked the jeans and lipstick though KMo is so tiny.

I'm glad to see her out of black for a change, but honestly, the only reason they're dressing her in jewel or crew necks ('more sophisticated') is to highlight that damn necklace instead of her cleavage.

"I'm wearing the necklace you gave me, doesn't it remind you of our love?" It's a little high school. (and that criticism is aimed at the costume department, not the actress)

• Love 4

I love day player doctor, btw. Anyone who doesn't kiss Sonny's ass is my favorite character.

+100 tbh. I will love any character that treats Sonny like the pos he is. ANY CHARACTER!

On a serious note, that was another way the Shittest Story On The ShitShow damaged all involved in it - by insisting that Patrck and Sam were the Completely Innocent, All Unknowing Victims of Liz (the Evilest Evil That Ever Eviled, doncha know), they completely flattened those characters and turned them in one dimensional bores.  (The fact that Sam forebore from putting Liz on blast when The Lie came out, but Show had Liz get all up Sam's grill while Sam's eyes filled with bewildered tears is proof of just how much the show bent over backwards to make Sam the saintly put-upon victim and Liz the evil witch). 

It's just Liz's turn. They already did this with Sam and the kidnapping and now Liz gets to be the ruined character. I'm sure in a year or so, if the show is even still on, we'll roll back around to Sam being the evil one. 

But also, yes, some fans are calling Liz evil and whatnot, but in show she is not being treated badly at all and has suffered no consequences for her actions.

The more I think about it, the more the use of Lucas today really pisses me off.  So instead of installing Lucas as the central character of the hospital canvas, they drag him out of mothballs to basically set the stage, I assume, for a new character who will be the central character of the hospital?

Wow, good point. Why they aren't using Lucas more is just unfathomable to me. I feel like maybe RyCa just doesn't want to be on the show that much tbh because it just doesn't make sense at all for Lucas to not be being made into a prominent character right now.

RH has been a chemistry machine since she started as proven by Elizabeth's other popular fanbases (Lucky, Ric, AJ, Nicolas, even Matt was generating a fanbase), which makes me question why they keep her scurrying around Jason. Stop the madness show!

As much as I normally hate Liz, this is so true. Liz has had so many popular pairings it's kind of insane. Honestly no matter who they put her with it would probably generate a healthy level of fan support. So, yea, why the fuck do they continue to force us to watch Jason/Liz bullshit.

Peachmangosteen, I totally agree. That actor was excellent. Completely convincing as a police officer responding to a vague weird disturbance at some woman's home. I seriously wondered if they had brought an actual cop on for the scene. I wished for about five minutes that the actor/character would stick around in a supporting capacity, but then I remembered the indignities the police have to suffer on this show, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

I thought he was excellent as well. Honestly he was probably too good for this show. Certainly too good to be a cop on this godforsaken show!

An endless triangle of Liz/Jason/Sam doesn't do anyone any good. It ruins all the characters, it's lazy writing, and it's boring.

One thing it does do though is generate talk about the show. I mean it's basically the only thing fueling discussion right now! I still think it's awful and pointless to do, but at the same time I kinda get why they always go back there. But yea it's SO lazy.

• Love 3

It's endless ping-ponging of Jason between Liz and Sam. Don't people want a decision? How can you invest in a couple if you know that in six months or so they'll break up? That seems a dumb way to build a viewership, IMO. But then, I'm a dumb viewer who can't quite quit this fakakta show, so what do I know?

• Love 4

Wow, good point. Why they aren't using Lucas more is just unfathomable to me. I feel like maybe RyCa just doesn't want to be on the show that much tbh because it just doesn't make sense at all for Lucas to not be being made into a prominent character right now.

Sadly, I think we can guess exactly why Lucas is not a more prominent character than he is.  If he was straight,  I can't imagine he wouldn't be the leading stud of the hospital canvas, especially with Patrick now gone.  It's kinda how I always felt about Rachel Gannon on OLTL, that Nora's daughter would have not been allowed to fall by the wayside if she hadn't been biracial.

Lucas' friend will be the new central doctor it seems. I wonder who he is? I don't recall any casting calls.

There was that "bonafide leading man" casting call a few months ago.  But there definitely hasn't been any casting news that fits the bill.

• Love 2

"I'm wearing the necklace you gave me, doesn't it remind you of our love?" It's a little high school. (and that criticism is aimed at the costume department, not the actress)

I wonder if "fondle the necklace" is written as a stage direction in the script.  

And, blergh, does this Kristina school storyline mean the character and actress are back for good?  I couldn't take the other Kristina, but this actress has the worst case of "Smug Face" on the show.  

• Love 1

RC basically wrote every character in every age group from 10 to 60 in a bad triangle/quad .

• Love 1
I wonder if "fondle the necklace" is written as a stage direction in the script.

If Ron were still writing it, yes.

And, blergh, does this Kristina school storyline mean the character and actress are back for good?  I couldn't take the other Kristina, but this actress has the worst case of "Smug Face" on the show.

I'm too lazy to take my answer to the unpopular opinion thread. But I missed this version of Christina the first time around, and when people were saying that Lindsay Morgan was worse, I had no reason to question it. but I think Lindsay Morgan was far, far more engaging as an actress than this young lady. She has no screen presence at all.

If Ron were still writing it, yes.

And, blergh, does this Kristina school storyline mean the character and actress are back for good?  I couldn't take the other Kristina, but this actress has the worst case of "Smug Face" on the show.

I'm too lazy to take my answer to the unpopular opinion thread. But I missed this version of Christina the first time around, and when people were saying that Lindsay Morgan was worse, I had no reason to question it. but I think Lindsay Morgan was far, far more engaging as an actress than this young lady. She has no screen presence at all.

• Love 1

Regarding Kristina, I think her flunking out of school - if that's where that's going - is a lame route to take, given the show also had Morgan and Kiki randomly drop out.  Why not just SORAS her education a bit and have her decide to do graduate school in Port Charles or something?  Why is this show afraid to show its younger characters value an education?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

It's just Liz's turn. They already did this with Sam and the kidnapping and now Liz gets to be the ruined character. I'm sure in a year or so, if the show is even still on, we'll roll back around to Sam being the evil one.

Eh, I dunno about that. What happened in 2007 was a different beast and had more to do with behind-the-scenes drama than something that was written organically.

And, to be really honest, and I've said this before, if Liz was my favorite character, I would have stopped watching. The writers went completely too far with the character. And I'd neverrrrrrrr want my favorite in some love triangle with this version of Sam. Never. I'm SO freaking grateful Robin escaped that.

• Love 2

Regarding Kristina, I think her flunking out of school - if that's where that's going - is a lame route to take, given the show also had Morgan and Kiki randomly drop out.  Why not just SORAS her education a bit and have her decide to do graduate school in Port Charles or something?  Why is this show afraid to show its younger characters value an education?

Or an internship with Diane/Alexis/Scotty(!).

I think Show doesn't want to put time/effort/money into a college storyline if it was at PCU. They didn't know what to do with TJ & Molly. She's moving off screen, and his last storyline was moving into the Sonny Mansion.

• Love 2